Speaker 1: That's creativity because you don't know nothing else. Anything else is assumption because you ain't been involved. And if I'm telling you as an outstanding member that the rap shits a lot of room in that, and I ain't calling the rap brothers all cap I want my rap friends to know. But I'm telling you the streets is a weird place, homie. The streets is a fucking weird place that you ain't never ever ever seen. I'm telling you. For them dudes to survive down there, they had to operate a certain way. I don't see him having enough money to get out of that at that time when he passed away. Again, rip Vaughan, because I you know, were just talking about a man like a man. Mama ain't involved. And that's what I need you to understand. When you running around without any kind of degree of diploma diagnosing men in a culture you ain't had nothing to do with.
Speaker 2: What about his mama? We get selfish chasing this shit?
Speaker 3: What about the seven mothers of the people that here?
Speaker 1: What are you giving them about? What are you giving him by making a YouTube documentary? And with you the only one benefit from they need to getting none from their documentary homing.
Speaker 3: What what about? What about the millions of dollars Von made making music making fun of their dead relatives?
Speaker 2: What you got to do with that? Is what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Because I'm reporting on Ex's facts.
Speaker 2: That's okay, So you're gonna just car it facts you.
Speaker 3: Got just bro Okay, Okay, but like here's the thing. Okay, bro, but here's the thing. Okay. But not to be disrespectful, but I think I got a three and a half hour documentary going piece by piece into Von's own statements that he said he killed people, he killed witnesses. You know these are Von's own statements, right, And your argument is it's all cap and I just.
Speaker 2: Don't margin entertainment.
Speaker 1: You're dealing with shit this on beats, with production that's been put out to the public. See you you you you're framing it like you got it, like the FBI, like you've done tap somebody phone, like you listened then on a hell of a conversation. You're listening to music and entertainers speak creatively out in public, and then you going home with your obsession and creating some sort of thing out of our culture. When I'm trying to tell you ain't homie listen to me, Homie, Nah nah, They saying Vonn want them real niggas in this rap game and rap game flow anytime we talking, ain't nobody listen. Nobody really from my culture gonna sit next to you and say Vonn killed.
Speaker 2: Anybody understand that?
Speaker 3: That's that? I agree, and I think that's that's disgusting. Why because you've got seven people who allegedly lost their lives at the hands of this man, and I think they deserve justice or at least closure.
Speaker 2: Closure don't come through you.
Speaker 3: Respecting them.
Speaker 1: Listen, this is the problem I even have with ten ninety. Closures don't come through you. Closure for them, folks don't come through No white man in the UK, with all due respect, because I like.
Speaker 3: Von von Is, unfortunately you know no longer with us. What do you say about the five people who are currently in custody for the murder of FBG Duck?
Speaker 2: What do you mean? What do I say? I say, all Peter FBG Duck.
Speaker 1: I'm a general, right, so I ain't involved in them niggas, Beef. I'm coming from the South with some game. I'm a game bang. I put game down. I got rich from talking. I'm letting folks know how to elevate from out of that water that you keep coming on. That damn near drown me, that drowned a lot of my homeboys. I'm teaching niggas how to get out of that, and I'm trying to tell you, homie, but you don't want to accept because you keep talking to me. I don't nobody to die in this culture. L r Ip Duck Vaughn, any boy, all them niggas. I hope all of us understand that we kings and the rise up. But I'm telling you that the understanding of our culture is off when you talking about it. You diagnosed the man. What about his children? They got a girl stand He called him a serial killer.
Speaker 2: He ain't even been convicted.
Speaker 3: This is a really interesting one because most people say this to men, and no one seems to think like his children are up hearing him in a million songs talk about he's entertainment.
Speaker 1: You made a documentary, Damn like the news speaking with conviction.
Speaker 3: He's been on the news a million times. Was it was the Atlanta local news wrong for talking about him catching an alleged motiicator an attempted motive case like, but the fact.
Speaker 1: Listen to what I'm saying. The way that the news reported is totally different. They report someone was arrested for a crime. You reported that a man was a serial killer. You're gonna put.
Speaker 2: Them to on you talking the loone. I've got rich talking. Brother. I listen, you're talking to me.
Speaker 1: You telling me them the same cause they say, Yo, rapper, King Vaughn rap a little Dirk arrested. You telling me that's the same from you sitting down saying King Vaughn raps first serial killer, A.
Speaker 2: Nigga, ain't never did nothing. That got nothing to do with nothing.
Speaker 3: Don't even again, he didn't. He can't say he did nothing.
Speaker 1: I'm talking about you. I'm saying your interpretation of it. I'm saying you looking at it, but I think you missed you you reading it wrong.
Speaker 2: That's my perception. That's I'm king vo Go ahead.
Speaker 3: King King Von meets the f definition of a serial killer.
Speaker 2: That's false.
Speaker 3: Facts, that's fact.
Speaker 2: That's false. Pull it up.
Speaker 3: He does. It's in the video.
Speaker 2: I looked at facts.
Speaker 3: It's facts.
Speaker 2: He is not a serial killer.
Speaker 3: More than three more than three motive.
Speaker 2: He has been convicted no more than.
Speaker 3: A month of time. He said he killed the witness. He said he killed the witness, he said.
Speaker 2: He killed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm let's let's keep it that in. We are human, right. Have you ever exaggerated, trap Lord Ross? Have you ever been hold on? Trap Lord Ross? Have you ever been paid to exaggerate? Trap Lord Ross. We're trying to get out the ghetto. People like you so infatuated with our culture and the criminal element of it, they paying us.
Speaker 2: We're trying to get out the ghetto. Homie.
Speaker 1: You don't think we'll put a little cap on it to come out the ghetto.
Speaker 2: You niggas like you obsessed with I can sell you, ain't it? God damn thing.
Speaker 1: If I'm king Vaughan, you don't think I'm gonna put a little our moanent.
Speaker 3: Don't really did that? And everyone said he was real. He's everybody said. When Von was like, Von is the realist, no cap. Von called out young boy and said, you got cap in your wraps. You're saying, you're saying Von have capp in his wraps like he told young boy.
Speaker 1: I'm saying that we will exaggerate if we're paid to exaggerate.
Speaker 3: But we're not.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately, because I want to know that he's I'm not talking about Von. This is the whole point I'm trying to get you to understand. I'm yeah, because you're obsessed with Vaughn. But I'm telling you that this Vaughn is a product of the culture. Our culture produces a certain thing. We are trying to get out of our circumstances.
Speaker 2: All we ever had was ball playing and rapping. The nigga. They done told us that they'll pay us if we exaggerate. He might be the.
Speaker 1: Realist nigga in the world. I might be the realist. But if I get on the wrap and can't, no nigga say I'm lying. Like me, I might tell a nigga nigga, I sold a thousand bricks in a day. He who gonna say I'm laying when they know I hamm, they can't count.
Speaker 2: But if so, listen, But.
Speaker 3: If you but if you said you were selling a thousand bricks a day, and you'd been in court for selling bricks and you beat the case, and you were on a song saying I killed the witness, like, I just don't think. I just think that that's I'm just talking about Von. I'm not trying to characterize an entire group of But you got cap rappers. There are plenty of cap rappers. Von wasn't one.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, listen, I want you to understand that the rap culture is exaggerated, sir. I'm trying to help you understand that the cars isn't a lot of these guys, some of the jury is rented. The culture is exaggerated. You are so obsessed with it that you have bit this shit and believe that every you've took in tweets and diagnosed the man.
Speaker 2: What the fuck do you say to that?
Speaker 3: Well? As I said before, you know, I am a widow. Like not many people want to sit and make a three and a half hour documentary on Von, so I don't know. I can't tell you why, but all I will tell you is that I I read every single tweet King Voon ever made in his entire life, which not a lot of people trying to do. And that's a weird thing, and that's obsessive. And people might say that's sus or something.
Speaker 2: I paid up when you've done it.
Speaker 3: Not at all. No, no, no, that's the thing. I read every tweet King Von ever made because I was I was doing the story. My intention for this story, and I've said it before, I was trying to debunk. I was actually hoping, not hoping, but I was thinking, I'm gonna he said. Vaughn said a million times, I've got seven bodies. Talk about bodies. I got several bodies. I got a few three plus four. Von was talking about you have seven bodies.
Speaker 2: My intention was talking about it. He was rapping about it.
Speaker 1: And it's on music that's produced and has millions of dollars involved with it. They pay to project he got more than five O they pet They pay our rabbers to project violence. They've told our rappers to exaggerate criminal culture and sell it to our children.
Speaker 3: They I'm not disagreeing.
Speaker 4: I'm not disagreeing taking I'm talking about Yeah, but you're taking his tweets, no convictions, you're taking his tweets and diagnosing him without a degree of diploma.
Speaker 3: I'm going by the FBI definitions. And you did say earlier you said you know if there was an FBI conviction. Well, I'm going by the FBI definition of a serial killer. I'm going by the tweets where he himself said he killed this person killed I can name five gdsst I'll even give you because eight years before he was rapping, he said, I killed five gends.
Speaker 2: I'll even give you the fact before i'll give you.
Speaker 1: I'll even give you the fact if you want to go by the FBI definition.
Speaker 2: But the next sentence is where you're wrong.
Speaker 1: When he said, all right, I'm going by the FBI definition, and I'm also going by his tweets, Well, that's where you're wrong. You're going by man tweets. Ain't anything that you that you didn't do. Have you ever lied on a tweet, misrepresenting anything on the Instagram post, misrepresenting anything on social media? Or you just that one guy out that is never ever putting up on social media that in the moment, like I posted the other day.
Speaker 2: I'll give you an example.
Speaker 1: Yes, today I had to delete it because I told somebody I hit my ex and I told her because she's been good to me. I said, I'm gonna send you a fitty piece. You've been real good to me, man, I'm gonna seen you fitted recks. Don't you know she just liked the thing. She didn't say thank you, So I didn't send it and I posted about it. I said, how about I just told this motherfucker I said, I would go sit here and then girls go to comment. I had to delete it because it wasn't even It's like, damn, mightna got it? I let my emotions trick me. So have you ever posted something that wasn't true or that you exaggerated?
Speaker 3: This is a good question. I'll be completely honest. I probably have a long time ago, but I personally in my own life, with the maturity of maybe the last five or six years and before, like during the whole having success on YouTube, my personal philosophy on life is I don't respect lying, or I don't really respect I think it's dishonorable to lie about your circumstances, to try and present yourself as something you're not. I don't wear fancy jewelry. I don't wear fancy clothes, like I've got a nice set of shoes. Maybe, but like I, even though I love hip hop and I like you know, I'm familiar with the flashy element of hip hop, I try and live a humble and honest life because those are my personals.
Speaker 1: You lie when you called him a serial killer without convictions, that was a lie.
Speaker 3: I disagree because I think that there's plea of other evidence that I'm not trying to convict him in a court of law. I'm just trying to make.
Speaker 2: You can't supersede the court of law, especially on a murder he did.
Speaker 3: He said he killed the witness.
Speaker 2: He did.
Speaker 1: Yo, you're superseding the court of law. They don't even call him a murderer at all. You skip all of that and call him a serial killer.
Speaker 3: I believe if Vaughan was still alive, he would be in the Rico case with the five people who killed their FPG Duck, and I think they would have been diagnesstic. That's my genuine and.
Speaker 1: Hey, so to your belief but we can't eat our beliefs. Beliefs don't do a nigga damn thing. That shit don't mean nothing. Let me ask you this, what the fuck was out in the assu What was we just talking about?
Speaker 3: Trel my personal beliefs, not being not flashing and presenting yourself for something or not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, okay, so online you've never you've you've never, Oh this is what I was gonna say. Do you I believe you know this? You're content creator? Do you know that there's an arena where you benefit from laying online.
Speaker 3: Yes, I know that's true. But here's the thing. My whole thing, my whole thing, and if you watch my videos, anybody that is a fan of me will say my thing. For the all the years that I've been making content, I try and keep everything as real as factual. I do a lot more research than other channels. I try and come, look, nobody else is looking at every tweet King Voon ever did. And there's been there's been loads of other videos about him being a serial what mads, there's a video about Oh that's the thing. I'll go back a minute ago is that I heard von saying so many songs he killed seven people that I was like, I'm gonna I just want to check. I want to find out did he did he kill seven people?
Speaker 1: Not?
Speaker 3: Is there and is there anything to go on? And one of the things VN was famous for was tweeting about his ops. It's known all of his tweets are still there on Twitter. I just went all the way back to the start and I said, you know what, let me just read these and I'll just sit I'll just see what I can learn and I'll be honest. I was genuinely surprised once I started going through and then realizing, hang on, he's saying here, like, l ol, who died today? And then I'm looking at the news article for the guy that died and it's fifteen minutes before he tweeted. So I just keep going.
Speaker 2: Through looking for a nail man.
Speaker 3: You I can understand what you went. I'm telling you.
Speaker 2: So you're like, yo, he killed seven people.
Speaker 1: All I'm looking for now his clues to put together seven things that the police didn't put together.
Speaker 3: Sure, but but I didn't know this is the thing, right when I you are right. But when I started looking at his tweets, I didn't know that I would find all of this stuff where he's literally tweeting after the murder shot him in six shots to the face, l M A O and ship or like who died?
Speaker 2: Early?
Speaker 3: Bird gets the worm when he's when somebody has been killed that morning, like it's And I'll admit, look, I'm not I'm not a federal investigator. I've got bonds because Von everybody said Von was the realist rapper. He's on the song saying he's got I looked up Dirk millions of interviews were Dirk saying, Von's the realist. There's hell, okay, the rap industry, little Dirk, I mean okay, uh, Little Dirk said, Von's the realist.
Speaker 2: Look how hard this is for you to guarantee.
Speaker 3: This is from memory? Take take no, I give it to you. I give it. I believe, take a pond. Take let me. I don't even know Tay six hundred, but this is what I mean. I know, So Tay six hundreds on interviews talking about kings up up in the morning, ready to drill at seven am, and you being.
Speaker 1: Paid for interviews, paid interviews. You're taking all this out of context. Again, you're acting like the Fears and thinking that you're getting in on tap conversations or you preve youw to some information. These are interviews that people are being paid for, rap lyrics that King Vaughan is being paid for their incentivized our rappers to lie and exaggerate criminal culture to our children. And you bit debate and you're telling me, standing member, but.
Speaker 3: Here's the thing, and I'm I'm really I'm enjoying this conversation because I think it's I think it's it's good and it's interesting to hear the different perspectives and see where maybe I'm coming short. But I think what's important is to understand. So your perspective is it just so I understand it is essentially that hip hop in general is embellished to a certain degree. So what you're saying to your premise that you're saying to me is that we can't take any of King Von's statements, his tweets, his lyric or his interviews or anybody that Nuveon that was in tweets interviews saying he was the realist. We have to disregard all of that and we can only go on the government criminal federal conviction.
Speaker 1: No, that's not what I'm saying. Exactly what I'm saying is we need to frame this as what it is and the arena we found it in, which was entertainment, rap lyrics on produced beats that's giving out to the public with millions of dollars of marketing involved in it, and we need to recognize the structure that it's a part of, which is exaggerate criminal culture for benefit. You may not understand what lane do for a man where we come from, but sometimes where we come from lank and get you from shit to sugar. Lank can get you from know where A stated in that girl house. Some of these guys come up like that.
Speaker 3: Me.
Speaker 1: I pay for everything. I don't lie. I don't have to lie. But I'm telling you that some people live like that in this culture. There's things in this culture that you don't understand because you didn't come up here. So I'm telling you, brother, that it's too any different ever news to be to benefit from when you exaggerate criminal culture for me to say, Yo, he ain't been convicted. I can't let you call him a serial killer, a real nigga.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, fuck it.
Speaker 1: They called him a real nigga. Fuck it, serial killer, Damn brother.
Speaker 3: I kind of I do kind of agree with the first part because at the end of the day, in general, you are right. But the area where we disagree on is this that when King Vohn was alive, everybody said he was the realist. And I guess I'm now understanding where we really disagree is that you say that there's this culture of lying for benefit, for financial benefit, to build up this image, and you're essentially saying that Vaughn and the people around him were perpetrating this falsehood that Von was this saying Again my disagreement is that I believe Von when he said he killed all these people because everyone said he was.
Speaker 1: I'm saying, the first thing you said was right about me, which framing of the culture in regards to they benefit from exaggeration, right one. The second part of the second part I need you to understand that I'm saying is is that.
Speaker 2: Fuck, I just lost my fucking point. What were we talking about? What did I just say before that that? What did you say? I said? I mean you said that they were they was lying, they were capping.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's the thing that I'm saying. Everybody said, Okay.
Speaker 1: So the second part was they're saying Voughn was real in comparison to the rappers because the rappers, again, a lot of these rap guys again have been placed here. I've been in studio sessions where high priority rap guys need to know how many grams is in the ounce, how many ounces is in the key, how much do a brick cost, what's going on?
Speaker 2: How much they want right now? For some what is ice this that they don't know? Right?
Speaker 1: And they in that position, you hear about people talk about drugs that don't do drugs.
Speaker 2: You hear certain certain things.
Speaker 1: So I'm saying that he is real in comparison to the arena that they've placed him me and to have anything on his name, to have any kind of he'll jump out. And I know he was a gangster, cause look how you jump out on Ron though he.
Speaker 2: Was on goal.
Speaker 1: I all say them niggas right there, I'm kind of so any kind of that on a nigga is say in this game, oh he oh, he wanted them because these boys ain't gonna do nothing. They let you hang him off the balance to they let you get him in a room.
Speaker 2: And take their money, rob him for millions.
Speaker 1: You understand, ain't listen, that would beat no robbing the loon in the game. I'm going to jail about that. I'm loud about that. You understand, these boys that get robbed for millions, these rap niggas man millions and go back to the ghetto with a nigga eating off they shit. These boys will lie to get out of these circumstances.
Speaker 2: Brother, And that's one fact. Vonn is specific.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say that they saying he was a real nigga in compare they're sin tall thist.
Speaker 2: Fuck shit. That's in the industry.
Speaker 4: Bro.
Speaker 2: I'm quoted the realist.
Speaker 1: Nigga out every nigga in the game loved me everybody because ain't nobody never talk like this. They know I'm they listen, they know I got the text on me. It's clear nobody's never talked like this every But guess what, I'm only real.
Speaker 2: It's real niggas than me.
Speaker 1: I tell in the streets, we're talking about niggas that's maintaining millions of dollars in the.
Speaker 2: Streets and controlling their neighborhoods. I'm controlling the internet. You feel me.
Speaker 1: It's a different thing. Even though I was a boss on the street, I ain't there no more. I'm here now. But I'm telling you, bruh. In comparison to I look at Vaughn. I think everybody around Vaughn was saying, naw, he's still a nigga. Can't play with Vaughn. He still he'll found you right now playing. He'll crank the fight off now. He wanted them like he and you took that to me. Everything he say was the truth or all the ord is. He wasn't convicted off he did, or he's a serial killer again to say he was involved in ship.
Speaker 2: That's one thing. The serial killer is where you lost me. I said, Damn, he lost me. He lost me.
Speaker 1: The boy got children, the boy got a mama. That's legacy. Talk three hours, that's legacy.
Speaker 3: To still you can still be a serial killer if you've got children, if you've got a family, if you did good but convicted.
Speaker 1: Ain't talking about that. I'm talking about you skipped the first part.
Speaker 3: You gotta read all his tweets.
Speaker 2: Man, I can't go off tweets, my nigga. You know I read tweeted something.
Speaker 1: I just gave you a whole example of something I tweeted that was bullshit.
Speaker 2: I can't go off.
Speaker 1: Tweet to the rappers in the game.
Speaker 3: Bro, What are all the Fun's friends gonna say when they hear your saying.
Speaker 1: I didn't say cap I say he real. In regards to the rappers in the game, I know you want to frame it that way, but they know I'm to go. Everybody. Brother, everybody know I'm to go every They ain't check out with me. Everybody know I'm gonna go. I get to talk like this what I said about Vaughn is in comparison to the rappers, they gonna place him amongst the realists, right. But as far as you convicting him of being a serial killer without evidence, I know they want me to stand up for that.
Speaker 2: I know they no loan no, only nigga can talk like that. Get that, get that straight long.
Speaker 1: I'm the only niggn doing Everybody, you don't talk to you, don't smother them.
Speaker 2: I'm the only nigga can do this. Nobody else can.
Speaker 1: And I ain't saying I'm saying, give you another understanding of what the circumstances are.
Speaker 2: Nobody else could do it.
Speaker 3: I get where you're coming from. Aut I do respect you. I appreciate that, but I still think he did all that.
Speaker 1: H that's real. I can't take that from you. What you think about ten ninety j Man.
Speaker 3: I love ten nighty Man shouts tonight, Jake. I know that at the moment, a lot of people are not feeling him. I think we're actually in a real interesting era of hip hop. And it relates to a US conversation because I think this is a really I think it's a really good topic because hip hop and I say this at the start of the King Von documentary. Hip hop has always been a genre that's always been about realness both is this person real? Are they telling the real version of their story? Or is this embellished? Is this a fake version of the story. And I think something that's really big and hip hop in the last few years, especially since the six nine case, is our people solid? Are people not snitching? Is this guy really solid? Is this guy a snitch? And I think the ten Knight Jake.
Speaker 1: Hold on before we minded, because that was a good point. Let's talk about that a little before we get to him. What I think is the circumstances of a lot of these gentlemen changed. I believe you can be solid in the streets and a sucker in the industry. I believe that once you get some money, you could say I vowed never to go back to that, even though I was with whatever when I was out there. But lord, I ain't never going back if it means I'm stitching and see that ain't my style. But I understand when some of these boys go to jail. The boy got mansions, ten thousand square feet, six or seven women, Bentley trucks, private jets. The boy want to go home, and they probably ain't really cut like that to begin with. If you check a lot of these dudes records, they may never been in trouble. So you again, you looking at the I'm trying to tell you, behind the curtain, it's a nigga struggling to get out of poverty.
Speaker 2: What do that take? Nigga called me up? Ain't long? I need a necklace? Ain't long?
Speaker 1: I need to watch bro. I'm trying to you know, I'm trying to do my rap thing. If you're a big home and you still in, you gotta respect that. You see what I'm saying, because again, everybody fighting to get out a lot of times, a lot of times you look in the backdrop, it's somebody else money back there. That's why I take pride and moving by myself when I make qcpe them, niggas say you by yourself. I'm by myself, you feel me? Because I want ain't nobody funding this operation. I'm CEO talent everything. I'm him right, and so I want people to know that because I need people to know it's possible to do it like that, cause people thank you.
Speaker 2: You gotta click up.
Speaker 1: That's what's causing a lot of this ricoing because a lot of niggas clicking up when they ain't ready for that. You don't got no business doing that because when it hit the fan, you're gonna fumble every time, you see what I'm saying. So I think that the circumstances sometimes have changed. Right, So again, you could be a lot of these guys maybe halfway solid in the street, may done have the bed before they do undone and shit like that. Maybe got a couple of criminal charges, but now thene got three million. Now I got this big crib, I got three bad bitches.
Speaker 2: It's light.
Speaker 1: I'm living and I'm strung out on drugs. See that's the other part. You gotta put that in your pipe and smoking niggas is strung on drugs. They can't go three four days without some of that shit at hurt. That first week in jail is torture. So now they they again, I think it's all of that. But but what do you say to that? I want I just wanted to stop you because I think that it's somewhere along the lines these dudes' minds are changed in which they like, I don't know, I ain't leaving this lifestyle.
Speaker 3: I actually, you know, I agree with everything you've just said, to be honest, and I think it's it's really interesting because I think this would be a good topic for us to beate. Look, I'm a guy. I'm a white guy, nerdy guy wearing glasses. I come from a small town in England. So you can't say I'm from out of the streets. You can't say that I am somebody that has to abide by the street code or no snitching. Look, I'll be honest. I've never snitched. I saw a guy getting beaten up outside my apartment. I call you pleen once and he give a statement. But I would snitch if I got jumped, if I got jumped to an event. I'm talking to the best first thing. I It's always been something interesting for me. Obviously, I'm a big fan of hip hop. It's part of the hip hop culture and I guess the street culture. It's in a lot of lyrics, this never snitch mentality, and I think that it makes sense. I think a lot of the whole never working with the police, never trust the police obviously comes from the fact that you know, police brutality is a huge problem, and racism in the police force is just true. I mean, in the UK we have the Metropolitan Police in London and they are racist as hell. You know, there's really messed up laws in the UK about stop and search, and you know, black people and other minorities getting you know, heavily targeted over white people in the UK. So I understand why certain groups of people don't trust the police more than others. And that's I can't you know, I'm a white guy. I have a different experience of the police than a back guy. I've been pulled over by the police. I've been shouted out by the police. I've argued with the police. I've never been arrested. But I understand that my experience being pulled over is probably going to be different to King Von's experience being pulled over. Right, But at the same time, what you just said I completely agreed with where you've got these guides that have broken out of that cycle, someone like young Thog or whoever. They might be worth a few million dollars, They've created a successful life for themselves. Why should they throw it all away if they get sucked into a rico that they had nothing to do with. To essentially, you know, stay solid and throw their life away, their families life away, the opportunity that their family's life, that their family had by being solid. So so when you see someone like Gunner, people are saying he's a snitch. You know, people are getting exposed for being a snitch. But to me, I just think that's you know, that's an individual that got into a situation and they had to make a decision based on the facts that they were in. Now that's not to say it's not dishonorable. If you're doing a crime with somebody, to snitch on them that you're involved. You're all jumping in that car agreeing to do a crime together, and you flip on everyone to save your ass. That's dishonorable thing to do. But you know, I've always found it's an interesting debate when it comes to the whole hip hop never snitching. And then in recent years there's sort of almost been like a situation where you know, there's been a lot of debate around different artists, whether it's Gunner six ' nine, you know, you're Troy Avs, Boston Richie, people sort of debating did these guys snitch? Is it wrong? Is it right? What they did, And you know, you've got guys like six' nine and Troy av Now that are kind of coming out saying, look, I cooperated because I did wrong. I was done wrong, And you know what I'm saying, I'm not going to go sit down for fifteen years over someone that was trying to take my life. So I think it's a really interesting debate and I would actually love to know your opinion on whether do you think that the hip hop community in general needs to maybe move forward from this whole idea that no matter what, you've got to follow the street code, even if you haven't been in the streets for ten years and you're a millionaire and you're a shining example to your community, you know, what are the rules when you're not in the streets anymore. You know, I'd like to know your opinion, and I thought i'd probably agree with you on.
Speaker 2: My thought is number one. I believe that there's a couple different issues. One being.
Speaker 1: The reason why we don't really believe in dealing with the police, messing with the police whatever, is because they misrepresent the circumstances.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: It's like a lot of what they frame in court ain't the circumstances that's actually happen on the streets again. And this ain't even culture because a lot of times they in the inside, so they know exactly what they're misrepresent you know, and we we dealt with that on our fastest.
Speaker 2: I even saw.
Speaker 1: This football guy, I think play for Alabama get pulled over and the police was asking him, is that I smell weed in the car? Man, you know, let me know what's going I smell weed. I'll work with you if you tell me. And he look over at his homeboy and he just say, hey, man, give me the weed. And his homeboy like, man, I ain't doing that shit. I don't know what you're talking about. So he reached over and grabbed the weed right hand it to the police, trusting the police. Police tell him step out the car rested. He damn, I just gave you. I thought you was they fining a gun fand some mo weed. It's like, we know that they ain't gonna do. They ain't gonna do, right, That's number one. Number two. Accountability is the highest form of adulthood, you know. And so when you're in a situation where you need to be responsible, accountable for what you have been involved with.
Speaker 2: That's when he is slippery.
Speaker 1: Right, Even if you sign up for something that I might not be involved, but the situation messy.
Speaker 2: And if the situation messy.
Speaker 1: I'm involved, you know, and you could be involved in things like even with a Rico.
Speaker 2: That shit gets so slippery, you know. I just I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't really know how to feel about it, you know, I don't know how to feel about that. In regards to snitch, I think the culture has to move forward from so much of the no snitching concept because I have children. My children don't abide by that. I was the last generation that grew up in that bulld shit. You know what I'm saying. My children can call the cops if they need to, They can communicate with the police.
Speaker 2: I let them know this. They can't.
Speaker 1: They cannot escape responsibility accountability.
Speaker 2: Again, it's a difference, and.
Speaker 1: I think the snitching thing a lot of times, it makes you escape accountability, you know. It puts you in a situation where I might have been involved in something that you gonna let me out of if I get him involved in something, And for me, that accountability concept always kicks into my brain, you know.
Speaker 2: But the culture as a whole.
Speaker 1: We gotta grow up on a lot of things or we gonna continue to be monetized from the outside. You know, they monetize every crime that's big in our culture, right you know, you just you know that it's a market out there for like people want to hear about. You're one of them. I'm one of them, Like I want to hear about. Damn, what's it what they be talking about. That's why I was gonna partner with you on some shit to where that's real culture insight into what's happening. You see what I'm saying the way it looks different a little bit and tweaks a little bit to where we might can go someone you know what I mean, and split this and bust it down. But you know, as far as understanding our culture, bro, it's so many layers of it. You gotta understand, man, people trying to escape this shit. Like you will see a rap nigga try to go positive like dirt, right mam. He testing the water, trying to see he gonna if he drop a whole album of positive shit, it ain't. It might do good, but it's gonna turn his people off. So it's a weird way you gotta handle the transition of you know, going from from all the way street to over here where I'm at. I'm just lucky enough to be able to be a street nigga talking positive or trying to at least you know what I'm saying. And I think I'm the prototype of what it's gonna look like in the future. You know, as far as like, Yo, it's gonna be a dude that look all like this, but he really on some business shit. He really on some positive helping the culture.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to break that mold, bro, because from the outside, I know, I know it's no way to understand it. That's why I had to get you on. And then's somebody like ten ninety Jake. Let's talk about Jake. Somebody like ten ninety Jake, and I haven't read any paperwork, but he's taking incident reports and bits and pieces and shit and now raiding it.
Speaker 2: This is what I mean, Like these dudes is what do you well?
Speaker 3: The The interesting thing about ten Knighty Jake is, you know, ten Knighty Jake is a blood. He's been to been to jail, you know, he's been in the you know, Florida State of Florida Corrections System. I'm the opposite, right, I'm from a small town in the UK.
Speaker 2: Going to jail. Don't mean shit.
Speaker 1: Don't let the nigga trick you with these tattoo Hey, listen, brother, I would say, I don't know if ten ninety Jacob blood. Somebody gotta tell me home of Blood.
Speaker 3: I ain't well, listen, I haven't seen it.
Speaker 2: I don't think. I don't think.
Speaker 3: But this is the thing. It's like, as you said earlier, you know, when it comes to like realness when we were talking about King Von, there's a spectrum and I think, you know, if you want to go on the real ness street list scale, you got me, you got kind of like me, you got ten ninety, and then maybe you've got Von way up there. But you know, I think I respect what he's done.
Speaker 2: Background.
Speaker 3: Yeah tonight, Jake. I mean, you know, I don't know that much about his background. Take him you know he spent time in prison. Well no, I take him to be more street than me. And you spend time.
Speaker 2: It's easy to be ok. They ain't saying much. And it's in the UK. Let's be clear.
Speaker 1: You know it's gangsters in the UK for sure, But I'm saying I don't see him being like you know. And then my thing is, if you as a blood why you ain't talking blood being? I know you got some little being this around your neighborhood. I asked you the same question, why you ain't reporting on the UK beefs and ship Why you ain't reporting on the UK?
Speaker 3: This is the funny thing. Well, I mean, I know, you know, I know that Jake you know, doesn't report on certain stuff where he lives. I think that's just sensible, you know, I do. I did report on a lot of stuff in the UK and when I you know, when I was living in some of these areas, and you know it kind of it it felt maybe a little bit more risky if you're reporting on stuff that's going on, you know, on your doorstep. But I do have quite a few UK stories and I am planning on doing a few more in the future, you know. When it comes to like history and had out, well, I think I think that everybody who becomes famous on the Internet has to hide out, you know. I assume you don't post your location where you're going to, But I.
Speaker 1: Report on whatever I want to report on if I call myself reporting on snitching. If if that nigga knicks cross the yard over, if he snitched and he big blood in the town, I got a video on blood. I got one coming on blood. I'm cut like that. That's how I know he ain't cut like that.
Speaker 3: He but to a certain degree, though, you've got to say it's that's just common sense. If it's like if it's me, for example, you know, if I found out that there was a you know, a murder, like literally, I don't know. Though. It's tough though, because I mean I literally I did do a video on the murders and the drill conflicts.
Speaker 2: Culture, bro, and you're reporting the culture. It shouldn't be no.
Speaker 1: It shouldn't be no eye, And I ain't gonna do it around here because I'm thinking that's a little bit risky.
Speaker 2: That's like that. I know, I get it.
Speaker 3: That's just common sense because hell hella, rappers go and film music videos on their ops block and that's a very dangerous thing to do, and a lot of people would be sensible enough to not do that, right, I feel like that Jake wouldn't used to.
Speaker 1: Say no, I'm just reporting the news.
Speaker 2: You ween. Ops.
Speaker 1: Also you saying we ops, I ain't looking at this ship like we are. When you add when you bumped down on some of these good guys out, they say, is now we're just reporting we He ain't like that.
Speaker 2: So now all of a sudden it's ops, No, it ain't ups.
Speaker 3: Well, no, no, that's that. I'm not saying that ops there. Let me let me rephrase that, because I think I put that cross wrong. But what I'm saying is that, like I think it's you know that, it's just kind of common sense in the sense that, like, for example, after I did the King of on video I'm not gonna lie, I had a lot of people saying they were gonna kill me. I was getting a lot of death threats, people from Chicago, people from other places saying we're gonna pop you, We're trying to find where you're at, blah blah blah, and let's be real. I actually do want to go to Chicago and film some interviews and actually speak to some real people, but I knew I can't be doing that this month. Wheneveryone's saying they're gonna kill me, I gotta wait for this to die down. I gotta get my safety in place to go and do that. So that's just kind.
Speaker 1: Of comment to reporting on people in his back yard. I don't get the correlation with that. You're talking about coming a thousand miles reporting on a culture you don't have nothing to do with a black dude that's dead, right, A murder we heat doing snitching. Murder snitching totally different, right, It's too many differences here. I'm telling you that if I call myself reporting on snitch culture snitch culture, I got a snitch video coming on the guys, even if they overhear.
Speaker 3: But I don't as far as I know. All I know is that, you know, Jake tends to, you know, put out the videos that he wants to put out. He doesn't seem to be scared of reporting on certain things. But from what I understand, he just doesn't report on the politics in the area he lives because I think that's just common sense, you know, I don't you know, I think it's rather had.
Speaker 1: A billion dollars or would you rather fuck with these little broke aad niggas in your backyard?
Speaker 3: When do you say fuck with you meant positive or negative way? That's a that's a That's an interesting question because like, if you put it this way, right, the guy with a billion dollars, he's got the resources to come and fuck with you back, whereas the guys that don't have nothing, they got nothing to lose, so they can throw it all the way and crash out on you.
Speaker 1: But it's like it's but I'm telling you, power is in, strength is in you know, you know, it's a lot of strength involved with with with with certain things. For me, though, I think Jake is ruining people lives. Man, without I'm looking into the proper things. Man, I don't I don't appreciate what he's doing in our culture. You know, your thing with the King Vaughn was a little slippery for the most part. I love your kind with him just to be a snitch page, like, it's very weird. That's a very weird thing.
Speaker 3: In defense of Jake, I would say that I think right now there is this big wave in hip hop of kind of snitching and exposing snitches. Jake's content wasn't always about snitching.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: I've been a follower of his content for years, and you know it wasn't even that long ago that really he would just cover a different case every day, and they'd be cases all over the country and he would report on them really well, really detailed. I think right now he is, you know, and I don't mean disrespect by this, but I think he's riding a wave that's going on in the wider hip hop space where there is this fascination and you to use the word used earlier, obsession with snitching, and I think that that's a wider obsession in hip hop where we've had a big conversation guys like six ' nine, guys like Gunner. Obviously the Boston Richie thing, Jake was associated with that, but before that, there was just all this stuff going on about did this Williams?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jake, what was the difference between the raalo and Boston Richie.
Speaker 3: I'll admit I actually didn't get enough time. I've not caught up on all the Rollo stuff because I've been doing I'm working on a Young Boy project, so I'm I haven't caught up with all the latest. But from from what I understand, I don't want to say because.
Speaker 1: According to them, because I looked into it myself, but according to them, the gist of it is both guys may have talked to the police. Nobody was arrested. One guy, in his eyes, was a red the other guy wasn't. This is what I think I'm drawing from what's happening.
Speaker 3: Well, that's what I haven't seen.
Speaker 2: The Young working.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm working on Okay, I'll tell you what I got going on. Maybe you want to give me your opinion, maybe you won't, But I'm doing I've got a video coming I want to do kind of the whole Young Boy life story. And the interesting thing is, Young Boy has a bunch of songs where he says he's got seven bodies. A lot of people don't seem to have realized. On Young Boy's new album, he just dropped richest op on the last song of the album, he actually says he has twelve bodies, which same as the King Von situation. I just want to look into this situation and say is that true. I'm looking into it. I'm listening to King, I'm listening to Young boys old songs. I'm looking at his old tweets. I'm just trying to work out is this actually true? And I'm still working on the story. But right now where I'm at, you know, it seems like, there's a big difference between the Young Boy and the vonn stories. But both artists are two people who are kind of, you know, they're associated with a lot of violence. They've both put out a lot of public statements saying that they're involved in the violence. But for Young Boy, I'm finding it a lot harder to find anything concrete connecting him to the situations where he's saying he's got all these bodies. But you know, there's not there's not much that I found to like associate that contrast that with Von. You know, I understand that we disagree about, you know, using tweets and stuff like that, but you know, Von, there were tons and tons and tons of tweets where Von saying stuff that kind of correlates to other things he said. Whereas Young Boy, I'm kind of I'm currently researching it. I'm seeing, like.
Speaker 1: Young Boy is Young Boy learned from somebody like you know, Von or just the Internet. He kind of grew up a little later than Von with it. He might who was the oldest. Yeah, young boys, so he kind of grew up. He kind of grew up with just a little more. He might understand it a little more. And again me being inside of the culture. I take young boy to be smart enough to know. That's why he on all these different little pages. Right, So if I ever have to go to court for some tweeted or Instagram, you can't really you there's proof out there that I'm on a thousand different pages.
Speaker 2: You don't never know what page I'm on, right, And this.
Speaker 1: Is because they'll use this bullshit Instagram and tweets like you you got these guys are now hiding from people like you, right and tweeting on go over here, install Finsta like it's shit happening because people are misrepresenting things that people are tweeting when they're in their emotions, you know. So he may be in a situation to know that the laws are against him from you know, tweeting certain things from his original account or maybe saying certain things from their account. So I stay over here, over there or on this account. So if ever I'm brought to court, he may not be this smart. This may be me putting together something that ain't there.
Speaker 3: But you know, if you have, well, I was just gonna say something interesting, is like, you know, I'm not finished for the story. I'm still doing my research but like, for example, there's a lot of young Boy lyrics where he sort of seems to suggest like I was trying to shoot at this up and I missed him and I killed his girl. There's the there's a few of these lyrics, right, And then there's a case in twenty seventeen where a girl got hitting the crossfire in the passenger see in this incident, right, And a lot of people online they say this was young boy. Young boy killed this girl. But I've looked into it deeper and there's a whole other person. There's two people that got arrested for that crime. There's a guy completely unrelated to young Boy that got convicted of the crime, but he's in lyrics saying stuff that kind of makes people think he did it, but it's proven it's completely unrelated. So what it's making me almost think is like what you were saying earlier about a lot of rappers, they're incentivized and make money off of trying to portray this image and make people think. But I'm almost seeing that. I'm almost seeing like young Young Boy and Vonn it's sort of they go in a different direction where it's like young Boy's got all these lyrics. But then I'm looking into it and it's like, he didn't do that shit, you.
Speaker 2: Know what I mean.
Speaker 1: And it ain't for you to fan if he did or This is what's important for you to know. If you you can't be the voice of whether he did or didn't. I found it interesting that you've parked in that place right to say that, Hey, I'm gonna be responsible for saying if they did or didn't. When I'm telling you that there's a whole underworld of shit that you have no access to. There could be murders in drug dylan and fucking going on. You would never know about families and babies being here that you would never have access to because you ain't a part of the underworld, you see what I'm saying. So what do you do when on information you got from two thousand miles away, it's a nigga tweets?
Speaker 3: Well, this is the interesting I actually I do agree with you. I think here's the difference is that this isn't just some random guy in Baton rouge on Twitter saying he's killed people. This is NBA, young boy. The guy has got like five number one Billboard charting albums. You know, I'd never heard of young Boy unless this guy was being promoted to me by a major record label, Atlantic Records now Motown Records. You know, he's on the Billboard charts talking about he's got number one charting Billboard albums, and on the on the projects he's saying, I got seven bodies. So I don't think it's wrong for me a fan who is listening to a song that is quite literally number one on Billboard. It's the number one album that's being pushed to people all over the world. I just think that I understand what you're saying. I'm not from the culture. I throw my hands up and I admit that I don't have the lived experience of so.
Speaker 2: Do I know what to look at even solve guy? Do you know what to look at? The fan?
Speaker 1: But the hints of what may made a murder take place? Do you know the language we may say?
Speaker 2: Do you know?
Speaker 1: I might say, you know, it's so much, it's layers to it, like you might be looking right over tweet this speak that regularly to it you see facts.
Speaker 3: No, but That's what I'm trying to do. But I think the reason why I understand what you're saying as far as, like why am I the guy that's supposed to be the voice of this, but like, really, I am just the voice of the fans. I'm the voice of the of the fifty eight thousand people that bought Young Boys album in its first week when he gets his first week sales numbers, and I just happened to be the guy that listened to the lyrics and just said I'm going to google it until I find out whether this is cap or true. And it's not a case. I'm not trying to convict him. I'm not trying to paint him in a negative light that isn't real. I'm genuinely perspective of I don't think I could send the prison. I don't think it's possible because I'm not a federal agent. I have no federal pool. If somebody in the FBI is currently investigating NBA Young Boy and they find it, will be convicted. Bruh, do you really think, like bear in mind.
Speaker 1: Right now, right now, facing life in the feed, they went to court on the seventeenth, they bring Instagram ship in their YouTube ship in there on him. So I do know that if you put that, but that makes for them.
Speaker 3: But that's instantly. Bear in mind. This is the thing. I think a lot of people get this wrong and they act like, oh, the Feds are using trap law Ross videos as evidence. They're not. The FEDS are using the same tweets I was looking at. If somebody confesses to a crime in a tweet and I notice it, and the FBI notice it, the FBI going to use it to convict him.
Speaker 1: You know, do you know that they are feeling for understanding of the coach is? Will you know that they are trying to They pay people to try to put that stuff together that you will put together and drop it and they.
Speaker 2: Say exactly, They go, he put it right together. Check that out.
Speaker 3: I'm I'm doing it for free. They probably got to go on payroll. But you can't tell me that the bound Ruth Police Department that is investigating young boy, he's got multiple open cases. You can't tell me that there isn't somebody that sits there and looks at his lyrics. But I'm evidence of the only just look on.
Speaker 1: People like loan, people like that you have like Adam twenty two, They can give you a little more insight.
Speaker 2: They literally are like, damn, what the fuck?
Speaker 1: Is happening, right, they got their snitches and ship, Well, no, they got they got access to his phone.
Speaker 3: They can tap his phone, they can get his Instagram, they can get the affidat.
Speaker 2: But they haven't.
Speaker 3: I wish I could, if I could read right. This is the thing, though, it takes the FEDS a long time to build a case. For example, let's go back to King Vaughan with the situation where you got these five people that are currently facing trial for the murder of FBG Duck. Rest in peace, FBG Duck.
Speaker 2: You know, no.
Speaker 3: Disrespect to him, But these guys were tweeting and instagram messaging each other, and it's now in the papers that you know, these guys were sending messages to each other saying I forget the exact name of the person, but you know there was a person affiliated with a crew THHF that had given the location of Duck to the guys from O block, according to the Feds. And they're getting all of that from just looking at their phones, looking at their dms, which I have no access to. So the FEDS are working on a level that's way beyond what I'm working on. I'm working on a level as you man, and I'll admit, I'll throw my hands up. I'm obsessed with Young Boy too. I'm literally I'm listening to every Young Boy song the guy's ever made and reading the lyrics and thinking really hard, like what's he actually saying. I'm weird. I can't help it. But I know for a fact there is some guy whose job it is on the Baton Rooge Police Department doing the same.
Speaker 1: Thing, even through as extensive as you gonna do. This is the point I'm making. They're lazy fucks.
Speaker 3: These people I beat complement because I try.
Speaker 2: You are great.
Speaker 1: I just I just want you to know that you're representing ship in the wrong way. But far as making a documentary style piece of content, you're you're probably one of the best that I've been able to see at it right, And I like the accent, I like all of it.
Speaker 2: I just think it's dope. You know.
Speaker 1: I would wish that you would stay First of all, let me say this, all these guys are innocent. We wish high vibration or a loon, wish high vibration on these guys, no jail time, abundance of money. We want everybody to stay free and try to get uh, save their family. I know what it's like to do. So that's number one. Have you been looking at the Joe butten podcast?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well recently? Yeah, thank you man. Well that you know, obviously, I've always been a fan of Joe Budden. I mean I've been a fan of Budden since I was a kid listening to his you know, his self titled album back in the day. You know, I've always been a fan of Budden. I've been a fan of what he achieved on the podcast, and to be honest, like just in general, I think Joe Budden is a really I've got to give him his flowers because Joe Budden is one of the very few people in this industry who had success as a rapper and then, you know, his career went the way it did and he didn't get the mainstream support that he thought he deserved. You know, where his beef for jay Z, that's another part of it. But except on that side, he is somebody that I really admire that he took his energy and his talent into another industry, into podcasting, and he became a goat top tier. You know, a lot of people put him as the number one hip hop podcaster in the game, and he has basically become the king of this new faith. But he's never compromised on who he is. Well, no, no, but he's some people see him as the king. He wouldn't be my number one, but he'd be Cop ten, top five. A complex. You know, they're trying to get him to sign the sign some sort of deal. I feel like they're bettering him up, baby, But then that side, I respect what.
Speaker 1: He's done, and I also think he don't think I hate him me. No, I think he's dope. I think he's did you think he stole from Roal Raymond? They've told me he stole from.
Speaker 3: I think they were naive. I think they knew what they were dealing with when they went into that situation with Joe. And I like those guys and I respect what they've achieved, but I think they were naive. And you know, the show is called the Joe Budden Podcast is Joe Budden's podcast, And I think for them to kind of think that they could sort of like pull the strings or like you know, press the buttons on the show for a better lack of a better better phrase, I just think that was naive and I think that they're now building their own platform, and I think they're realizing, like Joe is a legend in the game. It was the Joe Buden podcast. The cultural cachet of that show was with Joe, and that they were rookies getting a good opportunity to be on the show. I don't think they had the right to kind of try and rock the shirt the boat and kind of, you know, demand so much from Joe when it's Joe Show. And I think they saw as the show was coming up that it was Joe Show, and now they're doing their own thing, and they're realizing they've got to build their cultural cash up from from from ground zero and Joe is Joe is Joe. You know, Joe is a legend of the game in multiple ways. And so I felt like with that situation, I felt like maybe they were naive. I also feel like them sort of getting really deep in the beef with DJ Academics again, I think they underestimated academics. Ak is another legend of this game. What is the legend one of.
Speaker 1: The first of all, let me deal with Let's okay, we can deal with don't forget that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know he's contra. Let's go back.
Speaker 1: Even you believe Rory and Marl to feel like that, even if they had a contract the States, they were eligible to get a certain percentage, that he just reneged on the contract.
Speaker 2: This is what they're saying happened.
Speaker 1: So say they say, yo, we'll both take fifteen percent, so there's thirty percent you got to kick out whenever we get some. And then when it's time to kick the thirty out, he finds a way not to kick that out and sneak him on salary.
Speaker 2: You don't find it to be fake.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to deny that. I think that. Listen, Joe Budden is Joe Biden, right, Joe Biden is known to be a bit of a prick league guy to deal with, and so I felt like they knew what they were getting into with Joe Budden. They saw Marissa get.
Speaker 1: Fired Solair, he probably or you see he do he cut though. He a shrewd business man, so you probably need to buckle up.
Speaker 3: I think kind of yes. And also I think it's Joe's show, and I think that they played themselves thinking that they were going to kind of go on strike and hold Joe show for aranslom against him, and I think now that time has passed, I think Joe's show has flourished without them, and I think it's proven that. I think Joe's new co hosts are good, But I also think that the show works with Joe. Joe worked. The show works. The Joe bunpo cost works because of Joe Budden, and I think Joe Buden could have damn near anyone on that couch with him and it'd be a good show. I think it's it's just the show, but.
Speaker 2: Boy saying that I ain't worth nothing on the couch over here, Nah.
Speaker 3: Shout out to Ishman. I feel like those that's the thing. I feel like. I feel like those guys do add a lot of value, and I think it. I think when it first switched and Rory and Mark kind of got replaced, it was ishan Ice and it was kind of like, who are these guys? It's different, But I think it takes time for people to get into their stride and for the audience to grow to love these new people. I think that's what Adam twenty two is going through now. He's building this new team and people are kind of shitting on Adam and no jump brain what it used to be. The numbers are down, but yeah, you know, give it some time. And you know, like I say, no shade on the people that left, but you know, I think people will grow to love these new characters.
Speaker 1: Is the hardest thing to base. Once you do that, the hard pause out the way. Now it's basically figuring out what your chicken sandwich is, What is your selling item, what's your selling point? What you know, what gets the person to click it, what gets someone to subscribe, what gets them to share, what gets them to talk about it on socials? You start to get scientific with this shit. You got to get into the lab and figure out what make the wheels move. You know, you think Rory and mal underestimated academics, how.
Speaker 3: Well you know there was that The thing that really stood out to me was that situation where you know, essentially Rory allegedly went to academics' crib and put like a menacing letter through his mailbox and shit. And I think that they were really trying to stoke this beef with academics, thinking that they were sort of like, on this whole we're going to go up and fight against academics because we feel disrespected by him, sort of losing sight of the fact that, firstly, academics is basically the big dog in this hip hop media space. You like him or hate him, he is the biggest. He's the biggest going, He's the biggest out.
Speaker 2: Who's bigger than that?
Speaker 1: That's different. See, there's different. Okay, hipop news, Okay, in face he can have Okay, pop listen. What the fuck is hip hop news? Who's paying for that?
Speaker 2: What the fuck is that?
Speaker 3: This is what academics do is a good number one.
Speaker 1: They're good at creating these law What the fuck is that? What? How good is that? But he doesn't get paid from that. He gets paid for promotion because it's platform on social media. He gets paid from Spotify because it's podcast he gets and now he gets his little subs and ship from live streaming.
Speaker 2: What the fuck is hip hop? Now? I'm the best at hipop news? What the fuck is that?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 3: Let me give you Let me give you my argument because I get where you're coming from. But I feel like my perspective on it, maybe you know, maybe it might open your mind to how I see it. But I think with academics my biggest criticism, and I like academics. My biggest criticism of Academics is often I think what he puts out is very unpolished and rushed. You know, his streams. They don't look like the really slick, nice looking streams. They're basic. But I think the reason why that works for act is because his whole thing is, here's the finger on the pulse. He's reacting like before I've even found out the info. He's on there reacting to it. I find out about ship from him reacting before I've seen it on an actual new on the hip hop DX or some shit. So I think his benefit is that he is always on the balls. He's always ready to react. He's sat around his house waiting to be the first person to deliver you that news. And whether you like him or or hate him, he's always that guy. He's always the first person going, here's an update on the Torria meg situation. Yeah, here's a young boy thing.
Speaker 1: But even though in the grand scheme of the market of the business, see I'm a businessman, see we are businessmen. This is where they tricked the YouTube gas. It they tricked the YouTube gas in the fighting over these bullshit titles while we getting the money running the real business, going to get chicks for part kids, checks for documentary, checks for shit. That's the real game. I'm learning this from Charlemagne. You don't let him trick you into this mud slinging YouTube shit and you don't make nothing, you don't own nothing. Then your channel gets striped back at ground zero. You don't don't play that game. Academics them are good with creating these fake.
Speaker 2: Little places.
Speaker 1: Right, Like you said, unpolished content from such a prominent person in hip hop is a mistake.
Speaker 2: There's nowhere around that, bro.
Speaker 1: When you have a When you have a it's no reason why that man shouldn't have a set up like some big boy. If he gonna live stream like Alex Jones type shit, like some big.
Speaker 2: Boy set up like where it look good.
Speaker 1: He got he in like a little room with a little box on the It's like, what the fuck is this?
Speaker 2: But it works because of the content because it looks please into me.
Speaker 3: But that's the thing I think for academics, literally, I think I don't know for sure, but I think academics probably sits there and it's like, you know, what should I do? A I could spend ten days improving my studio and make it I can miss ten level setup, or or I could just sit here and just post what's going on right now, like what's the new young boy lyric? I'm a hop on stream and talk for an hour about And.
Speaker 1: I think that's because that's how it does. Else to do, I think he's actually with that money. He's on the door, nothing to do, don't got a life. Fuck it, I'm live again right seven eight hours.
Speaker 2: But he likes it.
Speaker 3: He loves being live, So for him, this is the perfect situation. And bear in mind, for me, right, my content's very different from academics. I like to take my time. I like to go offline for a month and listen to all the young boy music, like if you know me right my life right now, I'm doing this young boy story. Anytime I hop in the car, it's a new young boy album. Anytime I go somewhere headphones in, I'm listening to some a young boy interview. I'm at my computer where I'm sat now, I'm looking into you know, young boy interview, young boy details. I'm reading an interview on Billboard with young boys, so it's like, you know, you might not hear from me on my channel for two three months, but then at the end of it, I'll create something that's really polished, really nice, and I hope that people still remember me and come back to watch. It's the opposite of Academics, where he's jumping online every day. Look at me, look at what the info that? Do you ask my approach works for me?
Speaker 1: Do you think he's I think he's getting very little out of his brain when he can get much more. I think if Academics done it right and really cared about the content, he just cares about being first, cares about talking about it first, cares about, you know, delivering.
Speaker 2: It out to the world.
Speaker 1: And I spoke about dead And it's like he doesn't to me because when you look at his podcast, I damn Nick.
Speaker 2: And fall asleep. I'm telling aout.
Speaker 3: I like, but here's the thing, let me, here's the thing, right. I think that that approach works for him, and I think that approach is what he likes. I think he likes being on stream. He likes chopping on stream, you know, cracking open the bottle of Henny and going crazy and just going hard. Whereas for me, I like to take my time. I like to look into things, think about things differently, try and find new angles on different stories. And you know, it's it's just a difference in approach. But here's the thing I think that is important. I think because ac did his approach first, he is the number one at his style of content, I think, and he said this before. I think when people come along and they try and copy his style, it doesn't work because there can only be one person at the top, being first with all of the information. And I don't think anyone can fuck with academics in his style of content. But like I don't think as time goes on, I'm hoping people can't fuck with me and my style of content. Ain't no one doing a three hour video about nobody, right, So it's like we're all trying to think find the thing about us that makes us special. And obviously, you know there's there's elements of your personality and your podcast that make you one of a kind that other people aren't gonna be able imitate that too, right, So I think everyone's got their things. I think a lot of the things that make academics great, I don't find.
Speaker 2: Them to be I found have some good talking points here and there.
Speaker 1: But I just I found him just not to be interesting enough for me, Like I just write, talk to me about some Let me what you're saying over there, like what's going on?
Speaker 2: Like brain it out, let me hear some.
Speaker 1: I just sometimes it's like it's just blah blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: And sometimes I give him credit because he talks so much. So again it's easy to far victim to I'm just rambling here and there now because I talk so much that.
Speaker 3: But that's the thing. I think it depends right, because it's not for everyone. And I like Academics' content because for me, it's like, for example, at the moment, I'm doing this Young Boy story, and Academics has got Hella stream clips where he's got going off for an hour ranting about Young Boy, and it's kind of like for me, it's almost like if if I don't want to hear another Young Boy album, I just want to hear, you know, Academics talk on all different angles about his beef with Young Boy, and maybe I'll find a few interesting things he says in that conversation that I'm like, oh damn, that made me think differently about Young Boy and Dirk's beef and maybe the motivations behind it. Like for me, that's very valuable to just tune into act ranting about young Boy for an hour and maybe I'll come away with two or three things. I'll be like, I didn't think of that. Maybe that's why Young Boys beef in him, maybe his promo, maybe that maybe Dirk finessed him, maybe he didn't. And it's kind of like you almost like let all that content wash over you in the form of like a one hour Hennessy fueled rant where dis is and he plays a song and he this is Rory. I mean, when the whole Joe Budden beef was going on. Look, I'll be honest, A lot of people said I was biased and I was an academic stam but I watched so many streams where academics was jumping on live talking about as smoke Rory, and that shit was hilarious, Like you know what I mean. And that's why I felt like Rory and Marl were naive, because I don't think they thought I was like when they were dissing academics, I was like, I know academic conversations.
Speaker 1: Rory verse hours who you got because Rory, you know, he ain't just a slouch like far as information and people, I do.
Speaker 3: Agree, I do agree. I think I would. I think me and Rory would probably have a really good debate because I think I think with academics, I think sometimes with academic especially if it's he's debating with someone he doesn't like, he's the kind of person that's just gonna yell and just say the same things over and over again and just beat you into submission. Whereas I think someone like Rory is probably going to be like, you know, giving more considered points, letting somebody else get their shit off, taking things into account, which is my thing. Like I felt like we've had a really good conversation because like I'm trying to also listen to your perspective and think, you know, maybe I'm wrong on maybe I see a few things wrong, Like maybe I can improve the way I see things. Whereas I think ACT. I love ACT, but I think Act's not trying to hear what anyone else has to say.
Speaker 2: A