Speaker 1: Misspelling with Tori Spelling and iHeartRadio podcast. Okay, we're back. So my friend Amy and I did.
Speaker 2: Secrets of the Manner and they did very well those those podcast episodes.
Speaker 3: I know we need to bring that back. This is this is what. It's a little different, but we need to do another Secret of the Manner. Emotions of the Manner.
Speaker 1: I have to find mine.
Speaker 2: Okay, yes, So recently my parents' house, which it's the second time it's sold.
Speaker 1: But I don't know. This one just hit me different.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna ask you, is this just the second time? So your mom sold it to that woman and then that woman sold it to the Google guy.
Speaker 1: Correct?
Speaker 3: Okay, so I thought there might have been one more in between.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, no, So I think when it first sold, I was really I hadn't processed all my emotions, and I was just like, okay, this is good for my mom because she wanted to downsize and she moved to the man Did.
Speaker 3: She stay there? Sorry to interrupt you, how long did she stay there after my dad passed away?
Speaker 2: I'm trying to think, I know, you know what. I believe she moved in like two thousand and.
Speaker 1: Ten.
Speaker 3: Maybe when did your dad pass away two thousand and six, So she did she live there for years without him?
Speaker 2: She did, the timeline might be a little different. I just remember when she had sold it, she was moving, or maybe before she sold it, she was moving.
Speaker 1: I brought Liam and Stella.
Speaker 2: We were filming Tori and Dean, so it's in one of the episodes, and they were little, and I still have pictures of like, you know, they were like two and three, which I tell them now they were there and they don't remember, sadly.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, yeah, they were like two and three when she moved. So do you.
Speaker 3: Remember like going over there, like were there? Okay, this is a weird question, but like do you think there was ever a time when your mom was the only person in that house sleeping? Or was there always staff there?
Speaker 1: Security and security? And that'd be really scary to be in that house alone.
Speaker 3: Oh oh, I mean it would be like being in a like Hyatt hotel by yourself, ish kind of Do you remember still having holidays and stuff there? Like did you still have holidays and with disgivings and Christmases there without your dad?
Speaker 1: Correct? Yeah?
Speaker 3: And was that hard?
Speaker 2: I remember specifically? I don't know if we did holidays because by that.
Speaker 1: Time we had our own family right.
Speaker 2: Good a town a lot for Thanksgiving, but Christmas my mom still had. I can vividly remember my mom's Christmas Eve party that was super famous. She always had it with my dad and she. I remember going Stella was I was holding Stell in my arm, so she was under a year and Liam and going to I think that was her and I. In one of my books, I wrote about it. It was amazing, and my brother was there and Dean and I and Liam and Stella and it was like this, it was such an amazing Christmas Eve party. I think that might have been her last one.
Speaker 1: Though.
Speaker 3: Wow, did your dad ever meet any of your kids? No?
Speaker 2: I know he passed away in June and I got pregnant with Liam in July.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, of two thousand and six.
Speaker 3: So when your mom decided to sell the house, how did that feel? Did you try to say? No, don't like, because what you and I had been texting about the sort of the impetus for this episode is I was like, why didn't you guys keep it in the family and make it like a great nound? Like I know that sounds a little crazy, but it's not that crazy.
Speaker 2: When you texted that to me, I got chills, And when you just said it, I got chills.
Speaker 1: Again. I don't know, and I don't remember.
Speaker 2: You have to keep in mind also, and you know my history that a lot of times in my family we love each There was a lot of love, but we didn't always talk about emotions or what was happening.
Speaker 1: And that kind of was the same thing.
Speaker 2: I don't think when my mom told us that she was selling it or moving that either my brother or I asked. I mean, I think it was just in our minds. You know, it was too big for her alone.
Speaker 3: Correct, it's totally bananas. If she kept it and lived there by herself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you know, and I'm sure it had a lot of pain connected to it because she had lost my dad, so.
Speaker 1: She totally a fresh start.
Speaker 3: I totally get that.
Speaker 1: Meanwhile, the manner.
Speaker 2: In the sky is what she calls the condos, and it's the top floor, okay, and it is decorated as a replica of the manor.
Speaker 1: It's just a condo.
Speaker 3: So she took everything and sort of put it in the exact same places so that she feels like she's there if yeah, wow, but it's a lot smaller. I mean, honestly, even if it's a lot of ten square feet, what was the manner fifty six?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it was fifty six thousand, And I just remember when my kids went.
Speaker 1: Over to her condo the Manner in the sky, They're like, why does grandma live in a hotel? Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Like no, I'm like, what would you have thought if you had a condo the manor? Oh my god?
Speaker 3: Totally right when they were this age. So, I mean, look, it would have been cool to keep it, inde, way to keep it, and she still didn't have to live there. That being said, the upkeep would be the cost of having that house would be in the millions a year. I mean millions and millions and millions. Like it's insane. I don't even want to think about what the DWP bill was.
Speaker 2: I this is stuff we didn't think about. But now being an adult and dealing with my own bills, I'm like, oh my god, it had to have been wild.
Speaker 3: Can you imagine? I sometimes get a DWP bill and I'm like, it's four hundred dollars. I mean that bill must have been hundreds of thousands.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it had to have been.
Speaker 2: My mom's going to be eighty this year, And I think for her she did was superhands on, like literally with everything. It was a lot, you know, she had people helping her, but of course she knew everything happening and every bill and everything in that.
Speaker 3: Really Oh yes, yes, yes, So do you think like back in the day, like I'm and I'm sure there was somebody, but like it was your mom, not your dad, being like okay, let me open the gas bill, let's see what the cable bill is, or did somebody do that?
Speaker 1: I mean there was always a business manager.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that would be insane, probably.
Speaker 2: Till they got that when they first got together. For sure it was my mom.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my mom.
Speaker 2: She dealt with like the stock market, she dealt with when his company went public, like she dealt with everyone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all the business stuff. Whoa.
Speaker 3: I mean, this is the first time because I thought about.
Speaker 1: The man at home and at his work.
Speaker 3: I thought about the man and probably more than a person should. But I never until this very moment thought about the bills at the manor like you haven't either till you know it's that it would be insane, like think about our own bills we have right now, and we're like, oh God, don't play the insurance like it was a running a hotel.
Speaker 1: It was running a hotel. Yeah, WHOA.
Speaker 2: So I don't know if there would have been a way to keep it in the family without the constant bleeding.
Speaker 3: It would have to be a museum. You'd have to turn it into some sort of a museum in some way, because otherwise, like you would just be flushing money down the toilet. Would not make sense. So when the house sold to that lady, I can't think of her name. I wanted to say. Her name was Petra, Petra Egglestein, Okay, When the house sold to her, what did you feel? Can you remember, like did you feel sad? Did you feel relief? Did you feel like whatever, it's a house. I don't care.
Speaker 2: I felt nothing at the time. I think I was just like that house didn't mean anything to me. It turned into almost a place of sadness because it's where my dad got sick and yeah, you know, slowly dying, and and you know, I just have the memory of the last time I saw him in that house and he wasn't well. And then you know, after his funeral, everyone came back to the manor.
Speaker 3: By the way, I've never asked you about the funeral. Was it like a pagan of the stars?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: Or did you make it private?
Speaker 1: I wasn't a part of doing it. I just attended.
Speaker 3: But yeah, but like, was Heather locklay there.
Speaker 1: Or like it was very very small?
Speaker 3: Was there ever, like the Aaron Spelling tribute special on ABC? Do you know what I'm saying? Like they would do now?
Speaker 2: There wasn't, so there was ABC wanted to do one. Yeah, and at the time.
Speaker 1: They after he passed, they had reached.
Speaker 2: Out to me and wanted to know if I wanted to host it, and I thought that would be a great tribute to my dad. I mean, at one point everyone who called it the Aaron Broadcasting Company, like it would be appropriate for ABC to honor him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then you still can incorporate all the like right you know, oh Melrose, Like you know shows that weren't necess early on ABC.
Speaker 2: It was I had met my dad his memoir that he had done. I had met with them with the person that wrote it, and and they had producers and writers brought on to do it. Because it was really important to me that the tribute be really great and reach out to the right people, and my family all involved and all of the people he loved, his stars and stuff. Anyway, it was in the works, and then I don't know what happened, but I was just told that for some reason, they can't move forward with it, and it didn't happen.
Speaker 1: It made me really sad because I was like, I need some tribute to my dad.
Speaker 2: And then I had heard talks there was going to be a big memorial so all his you know, stars could come or something done in la and that never happened either.
Speaker 1: Oh. I don't know why.
Speaker 2: I tend to go towards Everyone handles grief in a different way.
Speaker 3: And I'm your mom is still to this day just so sad she is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was the love of her life.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think she likes that she can travel now because my mom sure loves her adventure and doing not adventure, but like she loved travel and she wasn't able.
Speaker 3: To How old was your dad when he passed away? Two? Yeah? Eighty two eighty two?
Speaker 2: Yes, oh no, And I truly believe he when he was going into you know how they say you live longer when you keep doing what you love. Yeah, when he was going into the studio and going into work in his office.
Speaker 1: You know, he was doing a lot better.
Speaker 2: And then he was working from home and it just you know, he had cancer and he went into remission. Doctor Piro was his cancer doctor, who was also SHO so he was He's always been a blessing to everyone I love. Yeah, but you know, he recovered from that from throp cancer. He came back and he was back at work.
Speaker 3: And this is in his seventies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then he started to have signs.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure if it was completely diagnosed of dementia, but I got to say when I would talk to him, he was still sharp as attack. He knew everything. Maybe look and then he had a stroke.
Speaker 3: We all done our age? Does this? What's normal memory loss? Versus?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I mean we're all googling that, like and if you say you are, you are, like we I do. I've googled that many many times. Same and like there is normal the thing I don't know, there's you know, even menopause. We have these things. So it's so hard to know. But it's still just as what's the word, It's like it's painful, it's scary. You're like it's scary when it's happening to you, or a parent or a grandparent or any you're just like, ah, it's just the anxiety.
Speaker 2: So I think we knew, Like my brother and I knew when he was bedridden every single day and there was a nurse the home, right and he was just not connected anymore really with yeah, work and what drove him in life, we knew it was.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, So okay, I mean we're going two things because I think when we talk about the manner, so much of it is really about your dad, right of course, your whole family, your mom.
Speaker 1: So do you think of your dad like every day? I do? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay, So now we get into what that means in conjunction with the house. So when it's sold, obviously the first time to Petra, it's like, oh, the Spelling sold their house. When it sold this time, every single thing is the Spelling manner has now been sold to the Google.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: It's not like this Petra woman. It's I didn't see one thing where it said this Petra Mahosi Solder house to the Google guy. It's always Spelling man or Tory Spelling, Aaron Spelling's house. So the second round, what would the emotions.
Speaker 2: I'm not and that's what I thought you could probably help me get through this. I'm not sure why it's coming out, and it could be just repression from never completely dealing with my dad's death. I suppressed emotions with that the last two years, going through divorce and the kids and moving and I just I don't emote and I hold it in. And I don't know. When this came, it was like weird. It was like displaced. It was like I was grieving for my dad, but through the selling of this house for the second time, this.
Speaker 3: Time felt like it almost landed on you more.
Speaker 2: I described it as when I was talking about it on the podcast recently, as an elephant sitting on my chest.
Speaker 1: And that's yeah. And I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't and I and they're turning it into so it's going to be for nonprofit and for events.
Speaker 3: What is doing with it? So it's like going to be a museum kind of.
Speaker 1: I don't know. What I read online was he's not going to live there. No one's going to live there. They're using it.
Speaker 2: So it kind of works with what you said of perhaps when my mom sold it, what if she had turned it into an event space, amusing.
Speaker 3: I mean, he bought it for a hundred and ten million, allegedly according to fifty thousand articles.
Speaker 1: Right, whoa, it's bigger.
Speaker 3: Than the taj Mahal. So I mean, now, would you ever pop him a note? Why not?
Speaker 1: He's not going to see that, like slide into his DN.
Speaker 3: No, but I'm sure there's some way like you could find him. And if you, first of all, I think you should like and what would you say? Say it? I mean say it here? What would you want to say to him?
Speaker 2: First of all, I think it's it was never fit for a family unless you're having multiple families live there, multi you know, and it could multi generations. Of course, it's so huge, you could have your own space, you know. I used to joke my brother could have his own wing for his family. I could have my own wing for my.
Speaker 3: Kids and thirty five other families. Exactly bananas, Like, it's just bananas.
Speaker 2: I always wanted to like make it into an Airbnb or something.
Speaker 1: Or a hotel or a hotel.
Speaker 3: Probably not like you probably could. It's probably not zoned for a hotel, okay, So anyway.
Speaker 1: So I would I know, I'm not. I'm not. I would say to him that now.
Speaker 2: That my kids are grown, they never got to meet their grandfather, They never really got to be in that home. I am happy that he's doing it to use for nonprofits and for events and doing things like that, and I would I would just say from a heartfelt place, if there's any way I could ever come with my kids, I would love to have one moment in time there again that they'll never like a tight experience.
Speaker 3: Write this exactly. I'm certain we can find a way. I can't say that he's gonna do it, but like if I were him, I would do it. I forget what documentary there was where the person Why can't I remember what documentary it was where they go to their home and the person musk she did there's another one too, because I haven't seen that there's another one in the person's like, yeah, come, I can't remember who it was, but you definitely should do that.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: Interesting little tidbit. I didn't realize until this that Petra ecclestone. Ecclestone is part of Formula one, which I wouldn't like. I probably have read that before, but until the Brad Pitt movie, I would have been like, I don't really know what that is, but I'm assuming it's F one Formula one racing.
Speaker 1: Did you watch this video?
Speaker 3: There's some Architectural Digest video.
Speaker 1: What is that?
Speaker 3: I don't I'm gonna watch it after we talk. There's like a video on TV. Oh yeah, it says ad when did they go there?
Speaker 1: I don't remember that.
Speaker 3: Want to watch this. So, Torri, why would you not send him that note?
Speaker 1: I mean, honestly, and you and I have talked about this before it's sold. We had talked.
Speaker 2: About, you know, getting a tour made from the real turn Yeah, and I never followed.
Speaker 1: Through on that.
Speaker 2: I don't know what was keeping me, and I think it just was never the like when Petro bought it, Like I could have reached out to her and tried to That would have been an easier thing. Remember when Ben and Jen were together and supposedly we're going to.
Speaker 3: Buy it, h I sure do not.
Speaker 1: They were.
Speaker 2: That was a big thing in the press.
Speaker 3: I really want you to watch this video. I'm gonna text it to you right now.
Speaker 2: I just feel like it's harder now, but it's definitely the right time in my life now as I'm making so many changes in my personal life in the last two years. It is the right time for me and my kids to now go. And of course the head of your Google owns it, so it's like impossible to reach him.
Speaker 3: Wait is it Mapleton Drive? They just gave the address on this thing.
Speaker 2: I saw five nine four and they said he's monetizing it. So it's no longer gonna be known as the Manner. It's gonna be known as five niney four.
Speaker 3: Oh that's hurt a little bit, is it hurt? You need to watch this video. I just texted you to see if it seems like the same are so different?
Speaker 1: Oh? I did look at this. I've seen this. It doesn't look the same.
Speaker 3: Did you have all this black and white?
Speaker 1: No? So everything they.
Speaker 2: Didn't change anything except esthetic stuff when Petra moved in.
Speaker 3: And what about that ceiling is the same with this sort of.
Speaker 1: Feeling, it's the same. My mom created that chandelier. It Oh you push a button and it moved down so that people have clean it.
Speaker 3: Okay, wow, wow, serious, Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Everything is the same. They just did paint and new furniture.
Speaker 3: So beautiful that she has in here.
Speaker 1: It looks good.
Speaker 2: I don't remember it looking like that exactly when I saw it when she owned it.
Speaker 1: So I don't know did you get to you did you go there when she owned it? No?
Speaker 3: Okay, so you have not been there no since.
Speaker 1: But like my mom made that sweeping staircase, it's all connected. You go on one side.
Speaker 3: The living room is weirdly not as big as I would think it would be. It's not like super ostentatious living room.
Speaker 2: It's like kind of well, you don't have to have you don't have to have it big when you have.
Speaker 1: Three of them. So yeah, there were three living rooms, beautiful like windows.
Speaker 3: So that's all the same every library. So now I'm seeing the library.
Speaker 1: Oh what do you look at?
Speaker 3: Decor is I don't know who did the decor on this? Was there a fish tank? There's a fish tank?
Speaker 2: Yeah, on the bottom level where the bowling alley the bar fish tank before and then Arcade and.
Speaker 1: Then the doll museum.
Speaker 3: So okay, will I guess My question for you is, and you should use exactly what you said? Will you send him a note if.
Speaker 1: You if you hold me accountable.
Speaker 3: I think you should. Why wouldn't you? And look, he can say no, but like, why wouldn't he say yes?
Speaker 1: Or I can wait nonprofit events, Let's.
Speaker 3: Not wait, let's not wait. That's a very tory spelling thing to say, let's wait, and it's like, why, well, let's not be tory spelling ish about it. Let's actually like do it. Do you think it would be cathartic to go there? Or do you think it would be what do you think you would feel?
Speaker 1: I don't know, but you just had cathartic and I wanted to cry.
Speaker 3: Oh really, yeah, I don't know about God. What are you feeling? Tell me what you're feeling.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like it would give me closure on something I haven't addressed ever, and it's something I need. And I just would like my kids. I want my kids. That house never represented. I feel like our family correctly and my dad worked really hard well.
Speaker 2: My mom was a stay at home mom. She worked really hard on everything for his business to help us achieve success.
Speaker 1: And my brother and I work really hard.
Speaker 2: And I think I've spent a lifetime of apologizing for that house. And so I want my kids to see it because they see it and their friends show them pictures and they don't understand. And I want them to see, because I want them to know how hard Grandpa Aaron worked because he worked really hard. He came from nothing, like he worked hard to be able to give our family that, whether I liked it or not. So I'd like them to know because I feel like I work really hard and they.
Speaker 1: Just it's a different it's a disconnect. They don't understand, you know.
Speaker 2: They talk all the time like, oh, our friends like they're rich and everything, and our family's not rich. And it's so odd for me to hear that because I grow wow, you know, being just all I knew is people calling me the rich girl, and it was so shaming to me. And it's only now as an adult and I'm like proud of that because that's how hard my dad works to give all that. And I don't know, it's just it's wild, you know, it's wild to suddenly my kids have the perception while they don't think we're poor, they're just you know, we're a normal family and we're functioning. We're worried about paying bills month to month, and it's you know, they can't make the connection when they see that photos. So for them to be there in person, I think it would be cathartic for our whole family, for our history.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of healing that needs to sort of happen, and I think it's interesting. Oh bless you, Tori, Like I'm so sorry, I know how much like emotion and just like there's a lot of sort of goop with it all in your body. I always wonder if so, like you've said, shame, the shame you felt being the rich girl, if is one of the reasons where you're like no, because toy, you could be. I just wonder, well, I mean, I wonder if you don't subconsciously you don't want that shame on you anymore or your kids, that there is something that in a way you like about not being rich.
Speaker 1: Yes, I believe that that was my story since I was young, Like I'm embarrassed, Like I'm embarrassed of our life. I'm embarrassed about being the rich girl. So while I have the capabilities and the intelligence and the creativity and the brain too do anything I want to do, I subconsciously keep myself smaller so.
Speaker 2: That I'm not that rich girl because that was my shame my whole life. Like it's still the same story in my head even though, yeah, financially, just to use the word shame anymore, just to use the word shame.
Speaker 3: About it to me again, I'm not a therapist. I'm just doing my best to like be your friend.
Speaker 1: Like I don't.
Speaker 3: I grew up privileged, rite nothing like you, But I don't have any shame about that.
Speaker 1: Like it's like why do I then?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I mean, and look, I guess it's apples and oranges because it's like you, you add so much. But like, why do you feel bad about it? Do you feel bad that your dad came from nothing now made all these incredible shows, yeah, and made a lot of money, Like why do you feel shame about that? I'm just curious.
Speaker 1: I mean, I I was bullied so bad in school for it that I think it just started. I was bullied from the time I was in kindergarten about it, and it just became ingrained in me that this is like, this is bad, this is a bad thing, and I just want to fit in.
Speaker 2: That's it, I would say, I want to be normal. I want to fit in. So everything we had represented an obstacle of me having an emotionally normal life.
Speaker 1: I'm feel embarrassed.
Speaker 2: Even saying this now, like I'm saying this out loud, I'm like, and I got to say, like, you know you always tell me.
Speaker 1: Like you don't have to say this before you say that.
Speaker 2: I'm so in my brain conditioned to be like, I'm not trying to be a victim. I know I have more than everyone else, but I still feel this way, like it's just so ingrained in me to apologize for being me.
Speaker 1: And I don't know why.
Speaker 3: Again, I am convinced the hint of hoarding you do is connected to this.
Speaker 1: It must vinced. Okay, what you're doing.
Speaker 3: Why I get convinced why it's all connected, like that you can't let go of things. And also like, because I think there's something in the opposite of it, right, Like we're talking about like bills that would be more than someone's million dollar home, right, like millions of dollars. I think there was something that just you didn't like about being so wealthy that you'll do anything to not feel that. Right, So, like say you might be like I need a new car, but I can't afford it. I'm just making it up, right, say that You're like, Hey, I really need a new car, but I can't afford. There's something I think that you probably find comfortable in that because you don't have to be ashamed. It's almost like you're more ashamed of being wealthy than not being able to pay a bill.
Speaker 1: Yes, oh yeah, I don't know how to get past that.
Speaker 3: Like I'm not good at curing it. I'm only I'm only like I can only see it. And then I go, I don't know how you I mean, I obviously there's ways to work through it, because I don't. And again, I don't want to speak about Randy, but Randy seems to have he doesn't have some of the hang ups you have, and he can speak for himself. I apologize that I'm even saying that, but like, no, you're.
Speaker 1: Right, he's He also worked. He worked really hard. I mean you have to.
Speaker 2: You know, there were times where I went years without therapy and with you know, I was just going five kids and yeah, it just you know, he was able to work through a lot of this stuff. I mean, oddly enough, when you know, we we both have hang ups that are similar, we just handled them in a different way.
Speaker 1: I think, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I remember a time where we were going to get rid of everything and I had like a full, like crying breakdown, even all.
Speaker 3: The storage stuff, all this sort of memory and all the stores.
Speaker 2: Okay, I remember this was we were filming True Tory and we were going to get rid of everything. Deane and I were talking about it. We were fighting, and I started a crying breakdown. And I remember like he asked, and the producer asked me afterwards, like why are you so upset? And I said, because it almost erases my existence.
Speaker 1: I worked so hard for all this, Like I worked so hard. I worked since I was sixteen years old, and I haven't stopped.
Speaker 2: And it's like if I get rid of everything that when I worked hard and I had the money I was able to afford and bring into the home, then it's as if I never did anything.
Speaker 1: I have nothing to show for it except my beautiful children.
Speaker 2: I know this is irrational, but that's what really came out of me at the time. And again, this is, you know, fourteen years ago, thirteen years ago.
Speaker 3: It's a lot of sense. I actually, I mean, like it makes sense, and it makes sense that you have so much sort of aim over the house, right, like, because again it's all that that your dad works so hard for and now it's someone else's.
Speaker 2: When I dream about my home or dream about my dad, it's always in the house I grew up in, which it always is.
Speaker 1: I've never once had a dream, and I'm in the manner and you know, we have dreams of family homes and we're like the age we are now.
Speaker 2: But we're in our We're in our family home. It's always one eleven North Mapleton, which.
Speaker 3: You wish you could have that house. I really do.
Speaker 2: House when that was selling over and over again, and I mean not, that's still a huge house that I don't need.
Speaker 3: Look reasonable though, No, no, no, But it was.
Speaker 2: Like ten thousand square feet or yeah, yeah, and it really was a family home and I have so many beautiful memories there and I always thought, gosh, I will be like I would be the hero in my own story for myself if I could afford, at one point, if it were back on the market, to go and buy that childhood home and have it as something my brother and I could use with our family something, because that would be really special to us.
Speaker 3: That's more the house.
Speaker 1: That's the house.
Speaker 3: But it's interesting, you felt so many emotions.
Speaker 1: Actually, that's the house I want to take my kids too.
Speaker 3: More.
Speaker 2: Yeah, who has that house? I don't know, but I know you can still see. It's right on the corner of Sunset, so you could like see the backyard. And that's where my dad had his vegetable garden. And every Saturday we would do there. We would go into the vegetable garden and then I had my little playhouse down below, and you could see it from the street. It's still there last time I looked. I don't know, I was a couple of years ago. But and then we would spend time at the pool and I would bring my scripts out. I would bring all his scripts out to him and would go through them.
Speaker 1: And so that's the place to wholesome memory of my dad. Oh, that's the place I need to go back to.
Speaker 3: I just realized it's a lot. I mean, I think you've got like a lot. There's a lot of connection with the you know, the material part, but the memories are the same, like and you can have that anywhere. I don't know, I don't know, I don't know. There's a lot obviously more to talk about. I see, you know, it's all jumbled up for you.
Speaker 1: It's all in there somewhere.
Speaker 3: What do you feel when you just go drive by?
Speaker 1: What if you just go drive by the manor or the other both both places.
Speaker 2: I've driven by it. I've showed the kids and you can't see from the outside the house I grew up, and it's up a long, long driveway see anything from there. But I tell them stories and I'm like, oh my gosh, this is where the og like we used to call her.
Speaker 1: The map lady before they were all the star tours. She was literally sit in her little flight of car tave corner across from my parents' house, and she would sell the maps right there with a sign. To me. She was family like she that's that's my fan.
Speaker 2: That's maybe you know, I don't know, that's an ants across the street. And my dad was always so kind to her, and so we knew her by name.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so anyway, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and the kids, I mean, look, I do I think you should send the note.
Speaker 1: I'll send it.
Speaker 3: To the er. Yeah, and to see why not?
Speaker 1: Why not send a few women.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm sure I've got an assistant. Let's just send it to the assistant. Okay, what assistants? Assistant?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I we'll just start googling it, googling it, see chatchpt. I think he was he used to. I think he was the former CEO of Google. I think that's I don't. I think he's not Google anymore. But I mean, do it, so look and then we'll see what it does, like maybe it'll make you feel better. I don't know. I also had one more idea, would you ever make a movie about your dad?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: Has anyone done a movie about your dad's life story?
Speaker 1: And you don't mean a documentary, you mean.
Speaker 3: No, I mean like a right like Leonardo DiCaprio is playing your dad?
Speaker 2: I mean maybe right like Lifetime did, like the nine O two one oh one, and they.
Speaker 3: Did, but that's not the air.
Speaker 1: And someone played my dad? Did you know?
Speaker 2: That was the guy from from the Simpsons, that Dan Cassa.
Speaker 3: What's no way he believed my dadh My god, I don't know who would play your dad today? That'd be interesting.
Speaker 2: Isn't that wild that he he has such a history?
Speaker 1: How come no one ever thought to do that?
Speaker 3: I think you should try.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I wonder if it would be healing to you? You're right? Why would they not take you.
Speaker 2: He was always like Steven Spielberg was one of my dad's closest friends.
Speaker 1: So you're right, why didn't hear? Why not? I know, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I think it would be good. Why don't you start?
Speaker 1: I always wanted to do a play based on my dad.
Speaker 3: Well, then the play can turn into a movie. I mean, I don't know. Like, God, your dad's book again? Is your dad's book on audiobook? That's a great question, so hard you should first of all, if it isn't, this is Is this the one Aaron Spelling a Prime Time life? Oh my god, we need to turn this into a movie. Wow, I'll read it. I'll start working on it. Really I feel now, I mean I don't know. I changed this, changed it to you know, but how do you feel?
Speaker 1: No? This is a good, positive thing.
Speaker 2: I mean, this is what my dad loved and passion, and it's so crazy, like he's such a part of Hollywood history and especially television, and it's just crazy to me that future generations won't know that, unless, of.
Speaker 3: Course, rediscovering all these shows. It's true, does your mom still have all the leather bound scripts and all that?
Speaker 1: Obviously she donated them?
Speaker 3: Oh where are they? At the Museum of TV and Radio. Where are they?
Speaker 2: I want someone to say, this sounds weird, but my memories typically right. We can fact check this to Boston, to a Boston college that can't be cool?
Speaker 1: Or did SMU was my dad's school?
Speaker 3: Aaron Spelling scripts are primarily held by Boston Universities, Howard Godly Archival Research Center, and Yale University's archives.
Speaker 1: Wow, let's reach.
Speaker 3: Out to them, you nail that.
Speaker 1: I wish I had one of them.
Speaker 3: They are bound leather scripts from popular shows like Charlie's Angels, Meloy's Place I Know to No Dynasty. Yelle's collection contains scripts from the fifties and sixties, including works by Spelling, Rod Serling, and others. Wow. Good, good knowledge. Yeah, you gotta Maybe you know because you have his legacy and your own, so I don't know. I always think, you know, start doing these things. Maybe you'll enjoy it.
Speaker 1: You know. I'm scared to reach out to people I.
Speaker 3: Know, but I'm going to help you. Okay, all right, we'll write that lest So whoever's listening, let's write up what Tori said, and then we'll help her find find him. Let me just see Eric Schmidt's email.
Speaker 1: What imagine it's that simple?
Speaker 3: Nobody will find that for U, This says Gmail.
Speaker 1: But I don't imagine it was that simple. We just said it and they're like, oh, why he Tori smelling? Yeah, come on bye five nine four.
Speaker 3: To be continued. Everyone listening can help us. To be continued