Speaker 1: You just realized your business needed to hire someone yesterday. How can you find amazing candidates fast easy? Just use Indeed stop struggling to get your job posts seen on other job sites. With Indeed sponsored jobs, your post jumps to the top of the page for your relevant candidates, so you can reach the people you want faster. According to Indeed data, sponsored jobs posted directly on Indeed have forty five percent more applications than non sponsored jobs. Don't wait any longer. Speed up your hiring right now with Indeed, and listeners of this show will get a seventy five dollars sponsored job credit to get your jobs more visibility at indeed dot com slash pod Katz thirteen. Just go to Indeed dot com slash pod katz thirteen right now and support our show by saying you heard about Indeed on this podcast. Terms and conditions apply. Hiring Indeed is all you need.
Speaker 2: My graduates from my school being forced bad Drop Bag Drop Mike Drop Bad Drop.
Speaker 3: Drop Earners is twenty twenty one the year of execution. In order to execute, we have to have information and the number one place that get the information eyl University Shotty tell them what we bring.
Speaker 4: In Yes, Eyo University has been reloaded.
Speaker 5: We already have one hundred passed webinars, We already have weekly webinars. We already have our private investment group on Facebook. We already have monthly financial planning calls. We already have bi weekly real estate called. But what has been added to Eyol University this year is access to MG the mortgage Guys home Buyers Blueprint which walks you through the home buying process from A to Z.
Speaker 4: And what also has been added breaking news alert.
Speaker 5: Everybody always has to be in our group check and when we talk about all the investment plays that we are making.
Speaker 4: We are going to have investment calls.
Speaker 5: Group check calls with me, Troy and the whole team and walk you through our plays that we're making and give you insight into our portfolios. All of that for seventy five percent off. That's right, We are doing a blowout sale seventy five percent off for a limited time only.
Speaker 4: Go to e y L University dot com right now and sign up.
Speaker 3: See you on the other side.
Speaker 5: All right, guys, welcome back. E y L ATL Edition eighty five South Edition, the coldest edition. Coldest that's a fact. So earn your eighty fact collab episode fat that's a fact, man. So if you watch us, you know that we always collaborate with great people. And Charlott Chiko be the first eighty five South for we had out like the first one that we had on, so it was only right that we had to double back with not only one but two. One you definitely do know the other one you probably don't know, but something naint Colos Miller.
Speaker 3: You forgot the bar part. If you got the banar part.
Speaker 5: Carlos Miller man the star one of the funniest dudes on earth. Were Actually we was just at this spot yesterday and we were saying, like, Yo, this dude's improv skills is crazy level.
Speaker 3: It's genius level.
Speaker 5: Yeah, talented, talented, extremely talented. Dude needs no introduction. I know you've seen it on a while and out you watch eighty five South religiously, you check in every week, all every million of you a million episode. That's a fact. And who you might not know is Chad o Break Chad Chazz Chads to bro So Chad. Chad is one of the business minds behind the whole operation of eighty five South, and Chad reached out to me in a d M after we did the R and B only episode. He hit me like, yo, bro, everything he's talking about, I understand, I'm going through this, and we linked up, we spoke, and ever since then he's just been like one of the best resources that we've had. Super super smart dude, super knowledgeable, very on point and a little stand offish if you don't know, yeah, yeah, but once you get to know, man, one of the best dudes.
Speaker 3: So on the second we landed in Atlanta, then we landed at like nine o'clock shot the episode, Chat came over like eleven thirty and just kicked it with us like we never met this dude from anywhere, and we're just like, yo, bro, I could take it. Y'all got something here that could go to the next level. I never forget what he told me. He's like, Yo, in a year from now, I can't wait to seehere y'all gonna be. And I was like, Yo, damn, this dude is read our whole life.
Speaker 4: Just met us. This dude's ill.
Speaker 5: Yeah, man, So shout out, shout out to Chad, shout out to Carlos. Is gonna be a legendary episode. So first and foremost, gentlemen, thank you for joining us.
Speaker 4: Appreciate it.
Speaker 5: Oh thanks for having us man. Yeah yeah, so let's let's get into it all right. So eighty five South, right, we got three different talented people coming together, but we when we come to eighty five South, it's like twenty five people there. Like it's like for even you know, it's a whole operation. I'm like, yo, this is crazy. It's like the Cosby Show. So how did how did that come about? How did eighty five self come about? People see the final product now, but what's the origins to get to where it is?
Speaker 4: Now? You don't take it? Give him the layout?
Speaker 6: Yeah, so it started like I've known Lows for almost fifteen years. So we met when I was a senior in high school and we worked in the middle of the all.
Speaker 4: Together, and he was in high school. I was grown up for a wow, I was already adult. He was in high school. I didn't know it was that.
Speaker 7: Far Ken townsend to Mall.
Speaker 6: So that's where I first met Lows, first met Clayton, stayed in touch. It's always been like a big body, even when I went to school. So I remember when I was in schools comedy. You've always been the funniest personal world of me. Fast forward, uh Los was getting his career off the ground and I was working at Steve Harvey at the time. Los had an eye we actually wanted to create a radio show. Those had an idea to take a digital let's figure out podcasting. That's that's really where it started out for our six years.
Speaker 4: What year is this that you're working at sea Prvey Man, It.
Speaker 6: Had to be it's twenty one, so I say, like fourteen, thirteen, fourteen. But even prior to starting to show, we was always creating content. We both understood content with something that was necessary. So looks are shooting hole in the walls, or we drive to Alabama, we try to whatever city we bring a camera to try to figure out, yeah, how to get this content roll.
Speaker 3: So those you were doing the comedy thing, right, and you know, I so wanted the names. And if you if you don't know comedy, then you probably don't. I mean you should know this name. You start out with Robert Townson, That's true. I didn't start out with him.
Speaker 4: That was the first TV shit, okay, because he had bought the network here in Atlanta. Yeah, called the Black Family Channel, and he brought his You could go way back in the comedy game when Robert Towns and Partners in Crime was one of one of the platforms for Commuit. It was like one of the first places you got to see Robin Harris, one of the first places that Damon Wayne shot a special Tommy Davison, and so it was like it was always like a big launch path for comedians. But you know, they took it away for a while and then he bought that network and he brought it back. So I was like, you know, I was hoping that the platform would still be what it was, but it just fizzle. Nobody really saw it.
Speaker 3: I remember that was like early nineties when I was I'm talking about the original one. I was like, damn yeh come and Living Color Game.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Crazy.
Speaker 4: So he brought it back and then it just really didn't you know. That was one of the first TV appearances that I made, Like it came on, but it just wasn't It was an independent channel, so it wasn't a lot of views. But I quit. I quit my I thought I was like the moment. Yeah, So that was one of the first TV things that I did.
Speaker 5: Then so Wilding out comes before eighty Fox South after, Uh.
Speaker 4: It comes after I did I first my first season a while and I was twenty thirteen. So we did two seasons and then we came back with it and right around when we dropped Christmas twenty fifteen. Yeah, so probably like a little maybe like a year and a half after a while. Now, so you said, who's out there with it? To actually do the podcast and not radio?
Speaker 7: That was Lows, but the idea to create for ourselves with what we knew we had.
Speaker 5: To do, So Loats, what made you want to jump into that podcast? Because that's early on, before people actually knew the value. Everybody wants to do a podcast. Now, what made you want to get on that wave early Fox whole radio. I used to drive trucks.
Speaker 4: I was a truck driver, So after being in the truck all day, you've heard every song that you want to hear. I would always turn it over to the comedy station and it would just be like just comedians yelling into mic, saying crazy shit. And it was like once that went away, I was like, we don't have no doubt less for comedians not to not be performing. You get what I'm saying, it's like people always want you to be on as a comedian, but it's no place where we could have comedian locker room talk. We didn't have that a free form where we could just say whatever, give opinions and just wild out literally you know what I'm saying. So that and I like to consume media. I listened to a lot of stuff, Like I listened to a lot of old shit from like national geographic documentaries. I just like media. So anytime that I'm doing anything, I got something on, whether it be just my YouTube recommendations, I probably watch all of them every day and be like, all right, give me some more shit to click on. So yeah, I like I just like the background. I'm Beyonce type shit where you can form opinions and you know, I bounce ideas back. And that's how I create a lot of content, is how to consume a lot of media and just you know, play off people's emotions and opinions and be like this is mine. Now.
Speaker 5: That's that's crazy because it's like I feel like y'all really beat the curve. Nobody knew the pandemic was coming, but it's like, if you're a stand up comedian.
Speaker 4: You can't do shows anymore.
Speaker 5: Right, but you've actually created a platform where you're actually doing comedy every Friday when the podcast comes out. So really you're going on tour digital like my man been excess digital real estate. So you carved that niche out and now it's like you don't have to actually physically go places. You just drop an episode on YouTube, get a million views, and get paid out.
Speaker 4: What we used I used that like I used my platform as far as the eighty five South Show to make people want to come see me tell joke, you know what I'm saying. It's like I'm not on the eighty five South Show just saying shit or wasted material. Like it's pretty much free advertising for me. It's like, man, you if you like the shit that I talk, but I'm just sitting here with my friends talking shit, wait until you see me go on stage and actually make an effort to make you laugh, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: I look at podcasts for us though, it's like it's like we put out a mixtape every Friday, you know, and a million people listen to it. There was a time when we were younger in college, like you couldn't wait for Wayne to put something now and then Gucci gonna drop something and the future gonna drop something. But for us, we just got a visual mixtape that's advertising whatever we want to advertise.
Speaker 7: It's a billboard every Friday.
Speaker 4: So yeah, talk about that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, both could talk about that because everybody has their own individual brands too, right, So.
Speaker 4: That's what makes it work though, under all the layers of the show is that what makes you know that's the that's the sauce that people want to find. It's that we never stopped moving, whether we're moving in the unit uh at the pandemic hit and we have to split off and break up the three headed Marster like you go this way and use zig zag And that's what keeps it going is that we do all have individual brands and it's like the eighty five South show is the house that we keep it under.
Speaker 3: So even in that right, because all three of you are successful, what road does ego playing that?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 3: Because I could I can imagine like, yo, you get a roll and it's like, ah, believe it.
Speaker 4: Or not, man, nobody chat to tell you man, it ain't no ego because we're not all on the same page a man. You give what I'm saying. It's like we got a right hand, a left hand, and then we got an ampidextury. You give what I'm saying. That's the best way to put it, because it's like, no matter what room you put us in or what rena you put us in, if you give us three dressing rooms, we all go to end up in the same spot talking ship. And it's just this is it is really organic, you know what I'm saying, Like, we don't have to figure each other. I was like, DC might walk in and throw his goddamn phone across the room. Well that's just what he Chico made fucking walk off. You might not see him till we get ready to go on the shade, the stage or whatever. I might fucking around and walk in and talk shit for two hours and go to sleep at ten minutes. It's just we always were moving as one in different directions. It's just crazy to see how it works out.
Speaker 3: That's the genius part because people just see the comedy, but they overlooked the part of black men working together.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's not. It's like Hollywood, ask us, how's it. I'm like, Yo, these.
Speaker 6: Are really my partners right right, right, right right now to tell you that I know where they live, they know where I live.
Speaker 7: We're friends.
Speaker 6: When the cameras is off, all you're seeing is the hour or the two hours, but like we have three hour conversations with each individual and we can kick it for Thanksgiving or whatever the case is.
Speaker 7: Like we're really friends happen to make money.
Speaker 6: And even like, you know, people say you shouldn't do business with friends or family, but I feel like that's somebody that's trying to be the big dog or somebody that's like skip skimming off.
Speaker 7: The top, Like we don't have nothing from each other.
Speaker 6: Right, You know, it's easy to do business when it's integrity and honesty. You know, the business is that the easy part creating is like and all that other stuff is a odd part.
Speaker 5: Lo let me ask you this, because you got side two sides of the coin. You work for Nick cannon on wound Out, which is corporate, but then you got eighty five South, which y'all do your own thing. So what's the comparison, Like, what's the good side bad side of being in that corporate machine and as opposed to doing everything independent?
Speaker 4: Eighty part South well, I mean when you when you're working for somebody or with somebody, it's only there's only so much that that you can do. You get what I'm saying. And it's like you going to somebody else's platform at the end of the at the end or whatever it is that you do, it's still there. You give what I'm saying. I like the direct benefit of benefiting from my own work as opposed to working for somebody or with somebody making they shit look good. You get what I'm saying, because it's like shit they don't get. They don't give a shit about who you are, what you brought to This is a business at the end of the day. And if I feel like I can get what I want from what I need from you as a talent from somebody else at a better rate, then I'm gonna do that. That's just how that side of the game. You don't never want to be talent for hire, you know what I'm saying. I said this on a set when I wasn't happy one time. It's like, you got me looking real hired right now, and that's not what I'm here for. You get what I'm saying. I'm not hired talent on this, like I have an invested interest in this production. So that was the like, and then you have to explain like this, ain't that like you're not telling me what to do. You get what I'm saying. I talked to the same people you talk to it. Now we need to go talk to these people we can because I know that they know that they don't know that you're trying to act like you hired me on it. That's the risk that I have to take a lot of times as a talent because I can tell when shit ain't right. Be like, hold up, he quiet his dope clothes and let me go talk to these coats. He ain't gonna say it. He ain't gonna say it now. It's gonna look like I'm angry, But I'm gonna have to go say it because I know we could turn this bitch into work if you want to.
Speaker 3: I want us to work.
Speaker 4: You want us to just get the money, or you want us to do what we came here to do. Because this is and I'll be telling you a lot of time like lo, because I'm like, bro, it's the difference in between when you when you own and when you're working. Sometimes motherfuckers be working and don't know it. Just make it look like they own. When you own, can't nobody fire you none of that ship. When you own, they have to go get that dude and be like, come on, let's talk him and us if we need to fix this ship. When you tell it, they'd be like, you ain't listening to him, Oh you ain't listening. Oh this can we talk to everybody? Yeah, because yeah, we won't want that. We need mother fuck we need listeners. We don't need bosses in here. We need listeners, We need teamwork, we need everybody on the same page. That's how he trates to line you when you hired, but when you own and be like we can, we can we it's a whole different conversation. Yeah, when you talent, they'd be like, you can't smoke in here. That's when you own, Like you need an ass trip.
Speaker 5: That's what you're play, he said. That's why he quit. That's one of the reason why he quit complex. They wouldn't let Hi smoke in the bathroom. He felt the way about that.
Speaker 4: There's different rules when you when you hired than when you own.
Speaker 3: So and shanty references earlier. Every time we pull up on y'all, it's like twenty people there. But in the beginning, is it just you three?
Speaker 4: Are you four?
Speaker 3: Including Chad on that wooden table saying like, Yo, we gonna get this done? And what what it was the steps that said, you know what, we got to scale this a little bit more.
Speaker 4: Well, check this out. If you ever see us with twenty people, seventeen of them people are working, right, brother, that's one thing about us. You don't have no dead weight. I'm telling you, man. Everybody that that's around us is around us for a reason, man, And a lot of times we have people who work around us, whether they be artists or shit, the presidents of the bank. It's just we just have the type of energy that makes people want to be around. You get what I'm saying. And we try to we try to, you know, shuffle it around, but they still they like magnets, man, they fucking find And that's dope. When you when you know what I'm saying, When you know people not just around because they want something like, they want to be there, you know what.
Speaker 3: I mean, it gives that feeling like everybody feels like they're part of this. Like even before y'all show up to the statu It's like, Yo, everybody's walking in the greeting and it feels like, Yo, eighty five South is us, you know what I'm saying. So that's that's that's a dope envioment.
Speaker 4: We try to keep it like being on sets like Wilder Now, it's like we try to keep that shit is hood in Hollywood. At the same time, it's like, we don't have this dude doing twelve things, you know what I'm saying. We try to keep people in their lane. So that's why we try to streamline our whole action. You know, people want necessarily see like a podcast, but we have to produce a whole show. So we need somebody who can do the light, shoot some pictures that we need somebody who can run to the store. It gets plussed. Needs to be the same people. You give what I'm saying, It's like you got one job literally over the store. Yeah we got get the lunch. Yeah, we're trying to keep our ship running like Amazon. Man. We don't want everybody in the way, and we don't want too many people around that's not doing it it. Yeah, we're trying to keep the overhead, underhanded. If that makes you want ours to be under that you're gonna do something. You're driving from a show or something. You got something you can do well. I can't do that well standing there and look like you're good as some ship. Put that shirt on face.
Speaker 3: Somebody opened the bottles exactly more bottles. That's a fact.
Speaker 4: Chat.
Speaker 5: Let me ask you this dealing with you know, corporations and things of that nature. I know you do a lot of the conversations. So you guys, you know y'all got a full flashed business with your your comedy platform. So at first or even now, you have to deal with that, like people not taking you as serious.
Speaker 4: How's that? How like talk about that a little bit before you answer. Let me say one thing. When people hit me about some eighty five South show ship and I'll be like, hit Chad. They'd be like, no, no, no, no, I'm trying to get what I'm trying to talk to you. I'm liken, bro, you're gonna talk to Chad because we ain't going through all that other ship. He know exactly what we want and he know exactly what it's gonna take for us to give you what you're asking. For that's that's the man that you got to talk to before eny of this. That don't hit me asking me how much the show calls? What is gonna We don't even run like that. You gotta talk to Chad bro He is he the nigga who's gonna take you. No, that ain't gonna work. DC gonna break that noe, Chico don't want to come. Those gonna be No, those ain't wucking with it. He already knows because we DIDNET did this ship one hundred and fifties. Now, now it makes sense why he has a demeanor like he got to say no. I think you know what his demeanon is. It's that knowing what he has to say no, because he it's not like he just gotta been there out against people. It's like, ah, I know these people, and I'm trying to do this ship with you with and it's not gonna work for this reason. I ain't mean to cut.
Speaker 7: You off, but you ain't even start.
Speaker 4: So you gotta talk to him.
Speaker 5: And I was saying, like, you know, dealer corporations and all that, and y'all being a comedy platform because people being sold are intelligence and we're a business platform, and I'm like, you would at least think that they would at least give us the benefit of the doubt talk about it every single week. They still think that we have no idea what we're doing. So how has that been for you?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 6: It's I look at it as these are old giants holding on to the last hope and they know that their world is crumbling and we got all the power, you know, so they treat us as if you know, they're doing us favors and I'm like, yo, you don't even necessarily have to do business with you, you know, like we're good with or without you, which forces them eventually to do good business.
Speaker 7: Byas if they want to do business bias. So them like it doesn't insult my intelligence? Can I say this with respect?
Speaker 6: Because it's like, dog, I wake up one on one, you know, you got to answer to somebody, So like it doesn't frustrate me, you don't get right, I'm cool and my partner is just cool. And they trust what I'm saying because we've already had this conversation. I'm not having some under the table conversation with you. This is something that LOSS has agreed on. Chicos agreed on, flies, agreed on Joe's agreed on, cats, agreed on And I'm just the I'm the vessel for this information.
Speaker 7: That's it.
Speaker 6: So it doesn't if I let that frustrate me, that'd be my ego. So I checked my ego every morning.
Speaker 4: I don't. I ain't nobody checking mind. Be humble for what be broke.
Speaker 7: No, it doesn't frustrat me.
Speaker 4: You never be great talking to yourself out of it, like I need to be humble for be around some niggas make it three hundred a week. No thanks exactly, And this.
Speaker 7: Is why I say no a lot.
Speaker 4: You gotta I'm telling you, man, when you get when you get to the point where you just tired of working and doing ship for people, that's truth with people around people waiting on motherfuckers, you hear the wall and be like I refuse to let you slow up what I'm on, Like, I'm not about to keep calling you and nigga, what's the problem. Like, I hate the way you have to force some people to do what they fucking asked to be. You know what I mean, they asked to be putting these positions when it comes to doing businesses, Oh man, let's let's get up call me Wednesday or we gotta do something like, Bro, you are wasting that every time I see you say the same ship. You gotta get up, man, I'm still the same You ain't never used you never called me bro. Don't act like we on all this ship because people around Nigga you've been you knew me before anything. Now you're gonna try to play like a funk with you.
Speaker 7: People around yeah yeah, yeah yeah, now they like they almost it almost like these corporations get offended. You're saying no to me.
Speaker 6: I'm like, Bro, it's bad business, you know, Like I don't think people fully understand how insulated we are, Like we're not. There's no loan, nobody funds this. This is us pay the tax bill every year, every quarter or whatever the case is. So if the business makes sense, we could do it. It's not really hard. But what you also learned too with these corporate guys, just.
Speaker 7: Their title doesn't mean that they're like the most intelligent.
Speaker 4: Yep, and a lot of people got a boss too. That's why Dame dash Be saying that a lot of people come up to you and they'll make you a bullshit business offer. And you're like what. Then once you look at the numbers and how they break down over a certain period of time, you're like, Man, if you don't get the fuck on with this shit in this amount of time, I could trip. I can make this by myself. So it's like, if all I gotta do is go out and grind to get this money that you're talking about, and it's gonna take me, you got it right here today. But if I have to go out and hustle for the next two months or three months and I can get this independent, then what the fuck is you offering me?
Speaker 3: That's why I think y'all, especially in that category, were a new businessman, right that. We wear hoodies, we got corn rolls, we got bids and bullheads like.
Speaker 4: We do all that we businessmen too.
Speaker 3: Now, sometimes that gets diskind of when we get in front of these people take it for a discount, like, yo, they must not know anything, but you ain't start this.
Speaker 4: That's because we are aware of the way that they've been doing business with us for the past few years. It's like they come through with these advertising deals or these sponsorship and then you find out that you was talking to a dude who was trying to give you a quarter of what the people came back and told him to offer you so he could pocket the rest of this shit. So then it's like, okay, so we passed on this this year, and now we go back and we talked to your boss, say, well, what happened we sent what he's no longer working for. That's happened more than one exactly. So a lot of times you get caught up talking to the wrong people about the right ship.
Speaker 7: Though they betting on you, Like having to pay your bills.
Speaker 4: Right right, right, right right, say no to whatever.
Speaker 7: Right I'm cool. Like when I'm telling you I'm cool, I'm not saying it because it's sexy. I'm really mean I'm cool.
Speaker 4: You can't be doing that good, Like.
Speaker 7: No, we're cool, bro, I don't know how to tell you that.
Speaker 6: Everybody you see here we're paying they're comfortably, they're good, they're not living check to check.
Speaker 7: Like, I don't know what you I don't know what to tell you.
Speaker 3: I was going to go to the point where like you didn't start there, right, so you you have the business acamen now. But I know that the Steve Harvey situation helped mold that. So what are some of the examples, because I know Cat was with you too over there, right, So what are some things that you saw in that in that avenue.
Speaker 4: That you brought to eighty five?
Speaker 7: So I'll go back even further before that. When I was when I first moved back to.
Speaker 6: Atlanta at like twenty two to twenty three, I was working for an agency out here that was doing television, film, sports, whatever case. So just to even see a CEO that's black, that's driving the beans, it's wearing Jordan's at thirty eight years old, that does something to your spirit that you can see that it was a smaller company. So you go from carrying coffee and getting trashed in three months. You're running calls, or you're running production sheets, or you're running budgets, and it's really like a lot of us just haven't experienced stuff. So I was just able to experience stuff at I'm running million dollar budgets at twenty four years old, and you learn like, oh, it's just money. With most zeros, it's not hard. There's still accounting rules, there's still budgeting rules. Good business is good business. Bro with ten dollars or with ten million dollars.
Speaker 7: It's not really hard.
Speaker 6: You transition that from being able to work directly for Steve and what that forces you to do is really understand the landscape. And you see these people like these these digital account managers are like sixty years old, bro, Like they're not they don't know what they're talking about. And you got to be respectful because like, who is this twenty.
Speaker 4: Six year kid?
Speaker 6: So you got to learn you really learn the language more than you learn like the business is the easiest part.
Speaker 7: You got to fight through egos to get what you need to get to.
Speaker 4: Make a lot of people celebrating a last victory did this.
Speaker 6: But but what you learned from Steve Dogg is that I actually worked directly for his business partner, which was Rashan McDonald and that's who had done business with him for twenty plus years.
Speaker 7: I got to work with Steve Harvey when he's up.
Speaker 6: An ungodly amount of money, you know, and he's like, Dude, the best thing I'm gonna do for y'all. Give y'all access, show y'all, and I trust y'all. So it goes from carrying his bags and boxes coffee to like, yo, if Chad and Joe ain't with it.
Speaker 4: We ain't with it.
Speaker 6: So you got to make some real decisions and you find out you know what you made of. You're gonna make a couple of mistakes, but you're gonna win some and you really learn from them mistakes. So just having that access, which is back to what Lo said, that's why people are around us.
Speaker 7: We don't get access to gate, keep access, you.
Speaker 6: Know, Like the more we can share with everybody, the more we can uplift everybody.
Speaker 7: And a lot of us can stand independently and say more nose because they.
Speaker 6: Take they take our creativity, package it up and sell it back to us.
Speaker 7: It's wild to me how that works.
Speaker 6: There's people that have come to him and be like, I got this idea, and it's like, Bro, this dude said it six months ago.
Speaker 4: What are you talking about. Yeah. They they'll fly you back to la and repitch you up like you mean the one I was telling you about that happens.
Speaker 7: They do it. Hollywood is crazy, bro, perfect for you. I hate Hollywood.
Speaker 4: Bro.
Speaker 6: Last year, like Hollywood will boldly attach themselves to like the source of what they're like tics.
Speaker 7: Man, they're like parasites. It's crazy.
Speaker 5: To me the best advice we got. We got a lot of good advice, but somebody told us shout out to Romeo Brown in Hollywood. Actually this was early in our podcast journey. He was like, Yo, make sure y'all never let up because which I got is dope. He's like, but somebody with a bigger platform will come take your idea and then people think that you stole it from them.
Speaker 6: That's the game, dude, Look at you face you.
Speaker 4: I don't like memes, bro, That's why I don't like me for real. Bro. Every meme that I like is a joke that I said already be crazy. So when I see somebody like all my time post the meme of a that's right, let me show you where they got this real. That's crazy. So let me ask you this be cuz soon, Yeah, thousands of my jokes on.
Speaker 5: Yeah, y'all, y'all did it. Y'all do a great job of repurposing content. What I mean was like when y'all was traveling, so y'all would do like a live show, right, that's a live show, and then take the audio and put it on podcasts.
Speaker 4: Outlets take the visuals and put it on YouTube. Did this Those are two totally different audiences. You got people who can't sit and watch video all day, but they can listen to it. You understand that a lot of this shit hits so different if you just heard it. It's some shit that you will hear on that episode three or four times to be like, damn, we a video I want because I know, I know it went crazy right there. I see this moment exactly. So we got a lot of people who work overnight and wear houses and drive trucks, and secretaries and nurses at nursing stations and just like people you would never like security guards all let these you know, secret secure places where they're like, I'm back here by myself. Those chickens out the ain't supposed to even have my phone, and they send me these clips. This one girl send me a clip she was getting some brain surgery, bro her whole ed. She's sitting there on the other side, like just watching my eighty five SAPs. If I die, I gotta go out with eighty fiveself. I'm telling you, I hope y'all doing the same. And the video is too totally I want to talk. That's what you said was brilliant. And that's trub was just having a conversation with David about that. And it's like, some people never watch YouTube, some people never listen to audio. It's to see them. Think about how many people watch I show every Friday that don't have a YouTube account. They can't log in, they can't subscribe, they can't even leave a comment. That I feel like that's probably the bulk of the audience. Yeah, and it's crazy.
Speaker 5: It's like for podcasters, that's multiple ways to pot to get revenue.
Speaker 4: It's like be giving them too much game commercial. I ain't running y'all ship, but this has been a perfect place to drop a commercial. Go to commercial.
Speaker 6: Look, I'll say this too, dog like the days of manufactured celebrity is gone.
Speaker 7: The people can in their brains that can touch you.
Speaker 4: They talk talk about that manufactured celebrity.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so Hollywood is based on it's there's a gatekeeper that green lights this stuff, that approves the stuff that that.
Speaker 7: Knights the new whoever. Same thing in the record industry.
Speaker 6: But bro, at the press of a button and on your cell phone, you can touch millions and millions of people. And what you learn is like a lot of these people, a lot of these people are overproducing stuff to say that they had a part of this creativity. Like if Kanye is made nine to nine percent of the record, there's a dude in the album that's I mean, that's in the studio. It's like, well, bro, I told you to say yeah right here so he can go tell his twenty five partners. Well, I say a year right there, Bro, I'm the one to help Kanye put that together. That's exactly how Hollywood works, you know, nine out of ten times. So what's happened is like eyeballs are decentralized. Entertainment is just purely based off of eyeballs. If you got eyeballs, we're gonna put some advertising money next to it. The more eyeballs you got, the more advertising money you make, and then it spends off and triculates the way it's suposed to triculate.
Speaker 4: Let me ask you all this, do you ever think about all the people that we can't reach just because of just because of our demographic Like there are fucking billions of people who go online all day and stream shit. Jake Drake just got fifty billion streams, yeah, spotifact. Think of how many of those people we could never reach just no matter what we talk about, no matter what we do, they're just not gonna watch no niggas do that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the fact, but do.
Speaker 5: You think that that's kind of a gift in the curse because it's like for us, I feel like, haven't I hate the fact that people would consider us as a black podcast or black finance because we're just black, right, that doesn't make us just exclusive just to only black people. But they do that wh I was telling you last lever, Remember they do that all the time. But it's like, but that has also helped propel us because it's like we have such a large that's like nobody else has that demographic. We tap into a demographic that nobody else, no other business podcast, it has eighty five South Show all I yout.
Speaker 4: Know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: So I think like on the flip side, we could potentially be losing a lot of people that for whatever reason just are not tuning in because we're too young black men. But then there's like how many millions of people who was left out for years now have a voice and somebody that's champion it.
Speaker 3: Becomes the sole reason why they are listening. It's like nobody's was talking to us. Now we got them.
Speaker 6: If I'm y'all, I wouldn't even think about that because what y'all created, just like what we created, this community and your community is gonna support you. You know, it's just in a digital space. But when y'all go do these shows, y'all are touching the people. Y'all are engaging with the people. Y'all are really taking people's phone numbers and emails. That goes way further than spending some mad money to get people to watch you. But a lot of these guys back to centralized eyeballs and celebrity falling down. They don't build community. They're like this manufactured puppet. Then there's this version of them and then when the lights goes off, they got to go be a human.
Speaker 4: See, those are the people that have to get online and make apologies for shit is They fuck around and be yourself one day and you step outside of this character people know you for now you have to be apologetic and say I'm sorry, let my fans down. I don't really feel like that. I'm talking to that lady, you know, like what lady council.
Speaker 6: But dog like, I'm like y'all. It's no different than like it's weird when I hear dudes be like, man, she don't like me, because I'm like, bro, just go to the women that like you.
Speaker 7: They wouldn't like you. It's not that hard celebrated. But that's how I look at our community.
Speaker 6: Like if you come to our audience, these dudes just laughing with people in the wheelchairs. They're laughing with people that may have ailments or issues, old people, young people, but we feel like everybody's cousin.
Speaker 4: They came to see us. That's what I love about when we go do laugh shows. It's it's like out of all the times in the studio or whatever you're posting online, Bro, you pull up in these people siting, and these people pull up these are the ones that that ship really touched.
Speaker 3: So do you ever feel like at a point it becomes tough to turn the on switch off switch or like loss loss whatever he's at.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, because and I'm just saying that sometimes like people might want you to always crack.
Speaker 4: Jokes, and it's like, no, I'm gonna do that anyway, just regardless. Yeah, Like people come up to me and they be like, hey, man, I hate the interrupt you. Well don't then what are you stud here? Yeah? I know, I'm serious, amazing what you want?
Speaker 7: Just lost in the middle of the mall selling cell phones? You know, it just.
Speaker 6: Happens that we've now we've learned how to do business, and we put the business around it.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 3: So that then that makes it a benefit there is knowing this is who I am.
Speaker 4: So that's that's what's so funny about working with DC bro Chad today. Like I'm like this Nigga is so me when I.
Speaker 3: Was his age.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's why I'm always like that. Nigga always like his spirit is always like it's just like revives me just to be around the young, younger energy. I'm like, Nigga, we got to be related because you just as fucking crazy as I. Luckily this was before all the social media ship, and I used to just sit there in the mall and just pick people off all day, literally all day. Nah, you can't afford no phone? Go ahead, go ahead, serious, hey, come here, let me give you a new case because that one. I ain't even gonna charge you for this.
Speaker 5: What was your break to get into comedy, to become like still waiting on it.
Speaker 7: I tell you what I'm saying though, like them days as breaks is you create the breaks, right, there's no more to me.
Speaker 4: My idea of a break, that's when you get a ridiculous amount of money for some shit you've been doing. Anyway, you've been getting doing movies, a little independent shit, you know, people talk about it, play it on BT, and then you hit them there and they give you a fifty pack, just fifty m Yeah, that's your big break, getting another job. Ain't no fucking break. Congratulations. Auditioned full times for this ship. Ain't no congratulations. God didn't have that. Wasn't God blessing me. And if they would, they would have just called me and told me I was on that. Yeah, to create the break, you got to create that ship. Man.
Speaker 6: What I'm saying is these these days, it's easy because there's no gatekeeping.
Speaker 7: Like they can't until they like gate keep the Internet, which that may happen.
Speaker 4: Brot rely sat here and watched somebody create their own destiny right in front of us. It's this lady you probably seen on HBO. Her name is Easter Ray. She started YouTube with no followers, that's a fact, and made videos and said this is gonna be this is going to be your next favorite show. She five seasons up the end of day, come on, five seasons up. You think she would have ever thought of her wildest dream that she could one day be making the decision to be like, I don't want to do my show on HBO no more. If you would have told her that six years ago, she would have been like, come on, man, uploaded this video right quick.
Speaker 5: I remember Tyler Perry when he was doing the plays, like going to like you know, like the Beacon Theater and like doing plays and things of that nature.
Speaker 4: And I remember that.
Speaker 5: And now he's running the world, got his own compass.
Speaker 4: Man, got the whole fucking studio. Studio is making movies that no, nigga. He got a whole side of Atlanta.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you can see it all that whole exit. That's what I said when when we was driving, I'm like, yo's he has an exit. It says Tyler Perry Studios. That that's the exit.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 4: That's different. Tyler Perry got a whole city out there. If you ain't never been, go look at the buildings. Man, that man got twenty big his buildings with fifteen studios in there. He got offices, he got man everything.
Speaker 3: He turned his whole set during COVID into a hotel for people to live so they can keep filming exactly. He created his own bubble man crazy, got the.
Speaker 7: Whole ecosystem up. You don't have to participate in Hollywood.
Speaker 4: He does not. I can't wait for him to call me to be in one of the movies so you can put one of them stupid as wigs on. Tyler Perry get my character, and he said, put that little strig up the.
Speaker 3: I feel like I feel like black comedians, especially the ones at the highest level.
Speaker 4: I'm talking about like a dress in a way. I'm talking about the dress when you do the character. And he say, hey man, this is seventies piece. I need you the wed in the afro. But how this ship don't look good on camera? It's all good, man, trust me on this. I got the vision. I'm gonna do it.
Speaker 5: How you feel about that, though, because that's a big thing for black comics. Dave Chappelle full on the sword with that, like wearing that dress and how you feel about that?
Speaker 4: Peanis you mean how I feel about that. You're about to set me up them people on my past sol you're saying you can't nobody to wear dresses?
Speaker 3: Man, you do whatever about were watching it?
Speaker 4: Man, if any comedians out there do whatever you comfortable doing, I ain't. You ain't never let me now, you ain't never let me down.
Speaker 7: Man, Follow your.
Speaker 4: Spirit, Follow your spirit, nigga. Nigga's been putting dresses on fifty years now. It's NaN's fucked up. When it's my turn to blow up. Nigga. All your favorite niggas don't warre dress, But what if that's the only way to get you check right here, nigga put that motherfucker boost.
Speaker 3: Big Mama South seven Tennis.
Speaker 4: Not me, but somebody gonna do it. Yeah, yeah, Yeah, somebody gonna do it. Bro. I'm telling I don't want it that bad. That's just me personally though, I don't want it. That's what I was saying. I'm like, I couldn't see you now you couldn't. I'm nah, that ain't me. That ain't that ain't for me. Bro. They got other nigga who would be way better in a dress. I'm talking about these niggas do this ship for free? Why would you want me? Like you should get somebody who got practice doing that ship? Bro, you don't want me doing that ship. I gotta figure this out of them all uncomfortable and ship. Let a nigga who do that do that. I'm not the one you need for that role. Trust me. I'll take the other roll. What a nigga gets shot in? Open the credits, give me your he ain't see me.
Speaker 8: I was riding it. I was riding it, opening credits. Nigga in the dress. He wouldn't ship, I know, but you see it the way I died up, that's acting. They don't need me.
Speaker 4: For the dress party. There you have it.
Speaker 5: But podcast network, how that? How did that come about? Producing shows to people?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, yah yeah, it's that was lost as idea. I'd be lying if I say that was mine. One thing.
Speaker 4: I just love this nigga. He never thought. It's crazy.
Speaker 3: Every time we try to give loose credit like yo, be talking to y'all game like, don't be telling him every day like yo, he said, like this guy is on.
Speaker 4: We talked. We literally talked, man, Like I know. I called him three times a day at least he called me at least two or three times a day because we always bounce the ship back and fortheah.
Speaker 3: Were about to create a new group chat yeah please we got we got, we got you.
Speaker 4: Bro's going crazy some options. Pa, y'all on the club ship? No no, no, no not sometimes I'm not shouty. That's shotty be on that a little bit.
Speaker 7: I don't understand it.
Speaker 4: House. Yeah, it's like the party lines. Remember the party lines in the nineties. He was little, he was young man. Party line used to be able to pick up your phone and it'd be like your house phone it nah, that's what was the cold part about it, Like people who lived out in storal areas and shit, just pick up the phone. Like you can just literally just pick up your phone, and that's weird. You remember that fast? I remember Likedma had it at her house and we lead the phone up the hook. Sometimes it would never make that luck. It'd just be like hello, I damn sure. Remember part of Ernest What's Up?
Speaker 3: You ever walk into a small business and everything just works, like the checkout is fast, the seats of digital tipping is a breeze and you're out the door before the line even builds. Odds are they're using Square. We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners, Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run, and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate, Let Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward. This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure they definitely can be, but understanding a professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C bank. It might seem boring to save, plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIC.
Speaker 1: You just realized your business needed to hire someone yesterday? How can you find amazing candidates fast?
Speaker 4: Easy?
Speaker 1: Just use Indeed stop struggling to get your job posts seen on other job sites. With Indeed sponsored jobs, your post jumps to the top of the page for your relevant candidates, so you can reach the people you want faster. According to Indeed data, sponsored jobs posted directly on Indeed have forty five percent more applications than non sponsored jobs. Don't wait any longer, speed up your hiring right now with Indeed, and listeners of this show will get a seventy five dollars sponsored job credit to get your jobs more visibility at indeed dot com slash p O d k A t Z thirteen. Just go to indeed dot com slash p O d k A t Z thirteen right now and support our show by saying you heard about Indeed on this podcast. Terms and conditions apply. Hiring indeed is all you need.
Speaker 7: Bro.
Speaker 4: I'm now. I remember when everybody first started switching the cordless phones. Oh, that was the biggest flix ever. Nigga. Don't let a nigga had a coller. You had to come down the streeten me that you had the rope that stretch from the kitchen to the living room.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you use that phone when the coil is phone that Yeah, hold on, I switched bring the phone from the kitchen all the way to the back of the house.
Speaker 4: Country ship.
Speaker 7: What I'm saying, Oh, I was gonna say, I'm probably not gonna get it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, A real talkative type of person.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he said, he said no to this. I said, no, you gotta do it.
Speaker 4: I told him to you better bring your ass over there. So Los, it was your idea to start other people. Well, I had a few friends and that like kept hitting me, and they was like, you know, they was asking me without you know, necessarily asking for help. You get what I'm saying. And it's like sometimes you just see some shit like like Chad said, you see some shit that don't don't require you to fuck with it, you know what I'm saying, It's like that shit is already good as it is. I like that, Like, this is some shit that I could see myself consuming. So that's why I was like, bro, maybe maybe we could use our infrastructure for some of these. You know, we know the process of how to get this, so you know, we turned this down, but this might actually be suitable for that. But this may work if they had this exposure. And it's all about those little tweaks, Like it's not about trying to make nobody fake shit. So sometimes you run across some shit that you can actually fuck with and you can actually help then for.
Speaker 6: Us as a as a company too, We've we've always built this as a media company, and the podcast was the first IP or property that you saw come from the media. But it took us, you know, four or five years to get comfortable in creating a template for that.
Speaker 7: So now that we've you know, five years later.
Speaker 6: We can say, hey man, this is this is where you are, this is the clay that you are. Let us help mold you, but we can show you the way and you'll get there much faster now.
Speaker 4: I'm glad.
Speaker 5: I'm glad you said that because I remember one of the things that you you said to me that really stuck out is when we first met, right, you said, Yo, stop calling your show a podcast.
Speaker 6: Right, don't do that, and that's how they devalue you. You could have podcast over there, here's ten dollars. Like, Bro, it's a whole production. These people we pay.
Speaker 5: And you was like, yo, we call an eighty five South show. And then after I told Mike, I said, yo, take podcasts of everything that we have never have podcasts anything. And then game I said podcast and things like why are you calling your show a podcast? I thought it was a show, And I'm like, Yo, that's a that's a reminder. So talk about that a little bit like early on branding it not for podcasters out there.
Speaker 6: But bro, it's back to like, Okay, when I was working for Steve, obviously you see family few, you see talk showing, et cetera. But you didn't know he had like eight minute clips that was on Facebook. That's a whole nother level of content that people are putting their eyeballs to. So since there's eyeballs, there's dollars attached to it, like I'm watching baseball. I watched baseball playoffs on Twitter and that's when I realized, Yo, they don't even know how to gauge eyeballs anymore because Nielsen only reports on television. But bro, people are watching TV on YouTube, they watching on their phone, they watching on the iPad, they watching in their cars, they watching at the airport, they're watching it on the airplane.
Speaker 7: Content is content and our eyeballs, like we are media minds.
Speaker 6: Your average consumer, just like I want to watch something, they don't know where it's coming from. So I'm saying that to say, if eighty five South Media is the company we get out the eighty five South Show, that's just one thing that we produce. The tours a whole separate experience. And now we're rolling out more shows, more podcasts. So when they know when I come to the eighty five South Media production or company or network, I know that this speaks to me. This community speaks to me, you know. So that's what made it easy for us. We understood that we were a company first, even like with like we don't treat like fly and those don't act like talent. They're executives that are producing this show. I just happen to be talent and executive on this side so that the people on the other side they know how to talk. This is los isn't a talent that's tripping. This is a producer that understands this format. This is an executive that can speak on behalf of a company.
Speaker 4: And that was one thing that I was going to make sure that I told to you know, the people who listen, you know, people who want to get into podcast space or the digital space period is the fine find a mediator. You gotta find somebody like Chad who doesn't mind taking phone calls all day, or who you know, can execute and follow up and get there before the talent gets there. Like you need a team around. It ain't necessarily got to be Hey, that's that's the dude, and I pay him. That don't change shit, Like you could be paying the motherfucker. But like, do they care about the integrity of what you're about to do? Like people have to put more integrity into the work because at the end of the day, you don't want your shit to be just some shit that was thrown together and then you see some nice shit and be like, we need to do that. It's too late at that point, by the time you realize where you've been fucking up at, it's too late.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and you know it's funny piggyback, piggybacking off of what he said for the longest, just just because of the nature of our relationship we have like a big brother little brother relationship. Everybody was like, yo, you need to be his manager. Losi be like, bro, I can't.
Speaker 7: We can't.
Speaker 6: You can't work for me and I can't work for you because we'll never be on the same page.
Speaker 7: This is ours.
Speaker 6: We're both gonna treat this with the same integrity, the same respect, the same love because it's ours.
Speaker 4: I told this nigga for three years. I said, you don't want to work for me, you want to work with with me? I tell him, the man, no stop. Yeah, you big than this, sir. You bid me. You can be anything you want to be. I just don't want to see you out here being my manager.
Speaker 3: So y'all got any South eighty five South Media, But you also got some other ventures, man, and I want to I want to highlight that and tell me how the venture came about.
Speaker 4: Good days since I don't get it. That was in again again.
Speaker 7: Look, let's take up teen years old. Me and Loss work together.
Speaker 6: I go to school and I come back for the summer because I was playing ball, but I was injured all time, and I was ready trying to figure out life. I was like, Bro, I can get you a job. He got me another job. So Loos has been giving me jobs for a very long time. Like I can't even act like man. That's like I'm telling people like, this is my partner, and I got no problem giving credit to where it's due. It's not hard for me. But the candle thing lost is in the candles bro. Like, that's not a joke, unfortunately, joke. I PO box is sixty eight percent candles.
Speaker 4: Bro.
Speaker 7: People sending us all kind of smell and them I'm like, I'm glad you said it, because when they hear.
Speaker 6: Of no ingredients on this, we don't know what people don't put in it. But this dude gonna take it and try them all out. I got a confession.
Speaker 4: I gotta this is one of my one one of those entertainer guilty pleasures. I love when people send us ship to the po box. We got some of the dopest fans. They send us all kinds of ship. They sent us socks, shoes, candles, But candles have always been my thing. And then I was online. I did this thing on Twitter where I said, I like, every like once a month, every so often, I'll do a black business thread. So I have people send their business and then you know how to buy, how to purchase or websites, and I buy a bunch of ship. But then it's like and then I realized, I can't be giving all these people my address. So I started having them all this ship to the po box. So then I noticed I was like, chad Man, where my candles at? He was like, oh yeah, my lady took him. I was still touching. Yeah.
Speaker 6: So so so basically somebody submitted something that lost love. He actually did his own collaboration with him, and he wanted to get serious about the business. He was like, bro, go go bet this out. So we vetted it out, you know, put some things in order. Yeah, and then even we was like let's source it, like, like, let's send it out to a cold people said that we never get bad responses. When people get the candles, they post they want more. Right, he was like, y'all, I think this can be something leg let's jump into it.
Speaker 4: So it was so it was an existing company already.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, like I'm very small small.
Speaker 6: It's a young It's a young man by the name of Jeremy Brooks. He's an entrepreneur. He's a hustler, he y'all. A matter of fact, he.
Speaker 4: Hit me up in the DM. I was like, yo, bro, I'm like this cannel right now.
Speaker 6: One And he came to what's dope is people come to me and lost all the time.
Speaker 4: With business like this.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and I'm not a serial entrepreneur. Yeah he is, like he wanted to get invested in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but we talked about that.
Speaker 4: But he came.
Speaker 6: He was like, yo, I got the pride I got like he was breaking it down. He flew into Atlanta on his own dime, sat.
Speaker 7: With us what he was at the CREB about four five hours.
Speaker 6: This is what I want to do this year. I want to do this next year. I saw I see us in five years. Is this is your part of what I need from you, Chatt is what I need from you?
Speaker 7: And that was it. I just need X y Z y'all. In so like nobody's ever come.
Speaker 4: I'm glad you said that had no choice.
Speaker 5: That brings up a good point because it happens all the time when people come to managers or financial advisors of a celebrity, right and they pitch ideas. It happens very frequently and a lot of times they get shot down. So people pitch you ideas a lot of times. What makes a good pitch and what makes a bad pitch for just people entrepreneurs that might not know like they think, like, yo, listen to my CD.
Speaker 4: Like they're saying, like, what's what do you want to see? What you don't want to see? This is one thing I've learned about shit like that, whether it be music, candles or anything. Anybody who's trying to get you to buy into what they're selling. It's like, if you can see the passion in this person, and you can see like if you did this by yourself with no financial backing, it's just ideas, and you actually have something that you could physically put in people's hands. That's half the battle right there. Everybody got a million dollar ideas. Anybody can talk your head off, but it's the execution when you can put some shit from your mind to a piece of paper to the physical, physical world that makes people believe in you. And then when they see, oh that ain't just the dude who I saw hustling T shirts over that nigga he over here, he be over there, he like you see it in some people's eyes that theyre going to be successful with or without you. And a lot of times, a lot of times chat to tell you, people when they come to us, they don't ask us for money or shit up front. They want to be in the network. They want to be exposed to the people that were exposed to you get what I'm saying. So it's like sometimes a lot of these people who come up with ideas and they want to do collapse and stuff like that. We try to see what have you done by yourself? What can you put in my hand? So when we asked you to send some how long is it gonna take? Like can we fly you here? Will will you show up? It's like there's been so many people that we've come across with great products, of great ideas, but it's like they follow up and they do not talk to people, or they work when they want to work. They let orders pile up. They'll send them out. I'll do it when I get fifty. What about the people who've been waiting two weeks? You know what I'm saying, what's your follow up? Like? Where your determination? What's your passion?
Speaker 3: That was one of the things that that Chad was speaking us when he was talking about YO and rebranding the merch and we were talking aout, Yeah, were trying to do the same thing. It's like, there's a fine balance. You don't want to have too much and then you don't sell it, and you don't want to have too you don't want to have enough, and then you sell out and people still want their things, and so there's a fine balance. I'm wanna go back to the part when you're talking about being a serve serial entrepreneur. When people present the business ideas, are we looking at this first ass eighty five South media or we're saying.
Speaker 4: Like I always try to catch the eighty five South separate because I was like, nobody wants to be signed to you give you what I'm saying. They want to they want to be on the level, but the don't nobody want you to tell them what to do. And I'm the type of person in Chad we're so busy. It's not like we don't want to take your ship from you. You don't want to own your company. But if I spend some money with you, I need to know that it was it's gonna be some kind of return with If I give you a thousand dollars and you give me one thousand and five, I need to I want to see that. Men, you made five dollars together. You give what I'm saying, It's not about the amount, It's about like, nigga, is it gonna be worth it? I could take I could take two weeks to fuck with you three or whatever it is that you need. But it's like what we're doing this for you? Geel? What I mean? Like I could call some people that might write you a check, but they gonna want they ship. They gonna want to see what they check went to.
Speaker 7: Right. Yeah, there's there's there's people that I would I would. I would tell you like this.
Speaker 6: I believe in servicing first, you know. I believe in trying to do for somebody before you ask for something, you know. And I don't really like people having too many favors over them my head, so I try to be so insulated and so independent that I ain't got to ask for nothing.
Speaker 4: Right, And that's what we try to push to these people. You don't want us to come through and rebrand your ship and make it hours or be a part of this. We want to see you stand alone and say if it means more to me to say I helped you than to pose it, you know, like I owned your shit.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we have no desire to put people in these deals where they can't live.
Speaker 4: That's well, man, they got all the money. I'm not trying to I don't do nothing from you, but.
Speaker 6: I look at it like so like the business side of it is the genius. Thing I learned from Steve Harvey was simple bro. When I was working for him, he had a radio.
Speaker 7: Station that touched seven million people.
Speaker 6: So but if you look at his resume, he's got highest rated shows. He's got movies that have gone you know, box office hits. He's got books at are number one best sellers. He understood his community and he just kept serving his community through books, through audio, through movies, through film, through television. So you don't have to go out there and do that extra stuff. If you got to insulate it ecosystem like my woman loves candles, you know, we love everybody loves candles.
Speaker 7: Why don't we get why don't we have our own candle company?
Speaker 6: And I'm at the point now I'm just trying to replace all the stuff I spend money, you know, right, So that's that's really what it comes down to me.
Speaker 4: I mean, especially when you're in the business of sales, like people always want to find the next big thing, like what would you spend your money? You know what I'm saying, Like we're looking around your house, what are you buying? Over and over and over.
Speaker 3: Now now I'm going back to thinking about being at the studio eighty five vibe.
Speaker 4: Is this where? Yeah, so that I don't take this out, Like when we're all together and we're traveling, we all want to be like, man, you heard this, we all.
Speaker 7: Put it appens all the time.
Speaker 4: I remember when our Lennox album came, I may everybody listen to it. I'm talking about all them twenty people. I'm talking I literally made everybody.
Speaker 7: Dude call it nine and the more, like, hey, what's up, bro? You got any updates?
Speaker 4: Now? What's up?
Speaker 7: Make sure you listen to the album? Right, I'm like, it's nine a m bro. I'm gonna get to listen.
Speaker 4: To the jazzon Sullivan joint. Yeah, not the whole album. Just sorry. She didn't block me. She didn't block unto me because I got into an argument with Little Twists about who was the big Yes, me and Little Twist was arguing about who is the biggest Ari Lennox fan on her laugh one day, and she unfollowed both of us.
Speaker 3: She's such an aries good song and a great album.
Speaker 7: We really want you on a vibe if you watch it.
Speaker 4: So so that came about of our love for music and weirdo stuff, and we figured we have the platform, we have the infrastructure less and then we got d C who makes dope ass music. We got Chico who Chico makes dope music. Ain't nobody heard it, but he got some dope ship and he does. He got a few joints that he just did. You know, in his leisure he could just go perform that bust the rhymes versus and he will. I don't think he won't. So look, we all got a love for music. That's why we really get Yeah. But and like so like, if you watch it was always weird for me. You watch what's that show? Tiny desk concert.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you got somebody like all right Lennox or Ericabadu, But you look into the audience and you like, Okay, they're not really their fan base.
Speaker 7: You know, it's just weird, you know.
Speaker 6: So how do we create something because production is important, Like it's easy for y'all to do y'all show because your director is black, audio is black, your business partners are black.
Speaker 7: That gives you a level of comfort.
Speaker 6: It's no different than walking into class and you like where the black people are or you're walking in the gym.
Speaker 7: You're like, okay, there's black people. We straight comfort level community.
Speaker 6: Right, So we wanted to create a show that felt like unplugged our version of it. And what's dope is you're gonna see young Droe and you also go and see a new up and coming artist.
Speaker 7: And these are people that were.
Speaker 6: A you're going see currency people that were act like these people are in our playlist, these are people we're really fans of. We want to celebrate music the way we feel like it should be celebrated. And we didn't want nobody to feel like you're a puppet, like, right.
Speaker 4: We just dance for us. You know, came on eighty Vibes and smashed it crazy.
Speaker 3: That's crazy that we we were just speaking with Ryan Wilson, pull it up. He's like, you gotta hit this guy. You gotta hear this guy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they want Okay, but that's that And then and then again Los and Chico and Fly They're not going to make anybody uncomfortable. We want to uplift you and put you that. They're just throwing oops to all these artists to make them comfortable. We don't want you to feel like you're dancing on the table, bro. Like it'll never be that for us.
Speaker 4: Yeah. But like, we got a lot of people that we know personally that are artist on that side of music who wanted a platform. It was like, man, I want to come. I want to come kick it with y'all. I want to I want to get on the couch. I want to you know what I mean. It's like, bro, I'm gonna drop one of them songs or something. We shut up. We got a band right here, so it made sense to make sense.
Speaker 7: But even with the band, like I go this year is to rebrand them.
Speaker 6: Is that our version of the roots, you know, so we can do live albums with some of these artists. We want to launch Eddy five South Records or whatever we call it. Chico be the president of AT A and R albums.
Speaker 4: Don't give them too much los. How'd you get in the stocks? How did I get into stocks? Let me see the first well, my introduce my introduction to stocks was the big coin boom. Yeah it was. It was probably like at the end piece of sixteen though, because my guy had been telling me, man, by this bout these bodies, by these bodies, and I was like, all right, So I bought a lot of it, and I was like, oh ship. And then you remember that one day when she just like when yeah, yeah, yeah. And I got all my money out of it. Not all of it I've lost, but I got I got the remaining money, and I was like this, this is two volatile. This is too quick. Whoa, this is quick. So I started making like these uh. I got the Robinhood Joint and I started just buying, like you know the ship that of course that they are you should about stocking naked with, you know, some lower end ship. And then I found this it was like this mineral company. It was probably like seven cents of Shire and then I bought a gang of it, and then a year that ship shot up so much. I ended up making about fifteen twenty off of that, and I was like, moment of sound. He just told us about some numbers. He never talks numbers. This is old, but I'm saying just for me, like with no knowledge, like not having to talk. It's just like I'm gonna hurry up and cast this out. Because this went from like a nine cents to niggas some rants, so that that shit just went crazy, and I was like, I'm in forever. So I you know, I took that bread and I bought some Netflix and some Amazon to google you know that the alphabet, and then I started seeing like, okay, if you do this, oh so that's what really So into twenty sixteen, how did that feel? Like?
Speaker 5: Obviously I thought I was a genius, Like I'm buying stocks and making money.
Speaker 4: Ain't nobody told me? Shit? I thought I was a genius. Literally, So I started getting education, checking out some podcasts and start watching Shark Tank like crazy man anything with the money. I started trying to get my my education up about it because I always knew one day I wanted to have a whole lot of it. And it's like I needed to start building the house for it to live in. So that's one Like people always talk about financial literacy, Man, you got to be you have to know what to do with the money when you get it, how to spend it, how to invest it, what to spend it on. And that's been my whole crash course with it, and really had no normal you should do this, no inside of trading and no ship a little bit of knowledge that I did acquire and accumulate. I still function off of it, but that was my introduction to it. They fucked up when they let me make a return. Yeah, because after I started, I was like, man, what they say? These are the niggas who put the glue on the on the fucking mass girl thing, and oh this company gonna go. They sell They sell zimples in China and shoe strings. I'll be being all kind of stupid ass like niggas. I got it back, Q tips. People gonna have ears. I gotta invest in Johnson and Johnson. Motherfuck gonna have ears and feet forever. Babies are boring every day. Johnson and Johnson cannot fail. Babies gotta wash their hair, what they're gonna watch the baby with when it come out of the couchure. Good point.
Speaker 5: Now that's the fact. And that's something I said up start show called market money Is. I said that like it's addicting, Like you know what I'm saying, like when you start to see some success in it.
Speaker 4: And I got my money tied up in socks. Niggas always gonna have feet, that's a fact. Socks, socks. I got your South socks. You got trying to tell you. I pushed to have eighty five South show. Everything from styrofoam cups to socks, chia chains, panties, diapers, onesiest ash tray. I'm always looking for somebody to make me a dope ass tray. I want somebody make me a big ass ass tray. Man. I'm tired of my ship knocking over blunts lighters. It's just whatever it is that I need or using my life, I want it. I want my logo on it, just it. And it's just luckily I had enough people that loved me and us to support some of this ship. You know what I'm saying. That's like the merch. You want to talk about the merch. We always talk about the merch. That's been a whole that ain't have shit to do with the podcast, Like that was a whole crash course for everybody. Chance spent a lot of a lot of countless nights trying to figure that.
Speaker 5: Chat talk about the merger because you helped us out. You gave us some counsel with our merch. Merch is something that's nice, easy as it look, it's extremely complicated. It's a headache, it's a hassle. It can be extremely profitable, extremely unprofitable. It's everything that's all the approach, emotional situation.
Speaker 6: Well for UH merch. For us, it's like a two part thing. The first two years it really kept us independent. So you got to pay for Airbnb and traveling whatever and pay people.
Speaker 3: That's what it was for us. So low supplemental income.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he he changed my mentality on it, like it's another billboard for us.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So if somebody's wearing that hoodie, theyre going to ask where you got it from, etceter.
Speaker 4: And that comes from the comedy world, believe it or not, because when you're an amateur comedian and you're taking shows on the road, the way you supplement the income is you sell merchant T shirts and DVDs, and you know you want have to be that's your travel money, the money that you hustled up off the hand to hand. You don't never want to touch your show money or the check that they wrote you. You always want to make sure that this is where you're making, you're living because this is your ain't no overhere. You bought all this already. Whatever you spent on this merch or this this hundred, these hundred CDs or these twenty T shirts, like, that's the money that you're making.
Speaker 7: Yeah, So the first two years it kind of funded the scaling of the operation, if that makes it.
Speaker 6: And I think I'd say about last year year before that, we decided, let's make this. This needs to be another line of business that you treat independently of the actual production. So then when I started making the trips to La understand and cutting soul fabric, ceter But we treat now like as we're rebranding our merchandise right now, and our goal is to be able to say once we're done on the other side of it, give us about another month.
Speaker 7: But the goal is to create the team to.
Speaker 6: Where we have a creative director, got a brand director in this line of business services eighty five South Show, so that we can essentially service other clients because the collaboration game is what they do is they'll give you a check, then they'll mark up whatever.
Speaker 7: Where I want to be able.
Speaker 6: To says, hey, we'll pay wholesale, let us control the creative, and then we'll do our own markups. So we're creating our we'll call it, you know, eighty five apparel, merchandise, design and creative to where if we got a binding means project, there's a whole product line that comes with that. If we got an eighty five project, there's product line that comes with that. I look at us like, my mentality is now we're somewhere between a mixture.
Speaker 7: And master p and Walt Disney.
Speaker 6: So if you look at everything that Disney does, they got an idea IP, they put that in film or animation, and now there's rides and there's toys, and there's merchandise.
Speaker 4: Whole rollout.
Speaker 6: It's a whole rollout, And this is a whole line of business that lives separate of everything else, but it lives under the umbrella of Disney, you know.
Speaker 7: So that's how we look at merchandise.
Speaker 6: Now it's a company that services eighty five South Show services, Carlos Miller services you on fly.
Speaker 4: And it's just phase one. Wait we figure it out.
Speaker 7: What din't really what we want to be.
Speaker 3: Is there a time when you decide like, all right, now it's trying to rebrand or what what? What's the determined the factor in the rebranding process.
Speaker 7: For us, it was trademark.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, we started jumping too hard and they was like, hey man, that's how Tomahawk start.
Speaker 7: Getting you know some of the some of y'all know, like you can do some stuff domestically, but when you're shipping some stuff from overseas, they got to go through customs and yeah, they got to go through their scanning processing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it's just feel good sometimes when you when you know you're making waves and they say, hey man, you go to sea and desists, we ain't gonna suit you yet.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: But then even if if you look at BT, we put like a lot of those samples out there so people can get a taste for it. Even though like on a podcast of some of the stuff hanging up, but COVID has slowed down. I'm sure y'all noticed, Like it's from manufacturing to development to production and shipping. Bro, it's been that right, then it's ahead.
Speaker 7: You can do everything right and it still ain't right. It doesn't.
Speaker 4: You just got to rolla We're definitely gonna go head first into that merch game. Like shout out to all the eighty five percenters that have been supporting since the first T shirt though. And it's like the push from the fans when they come to your show and they like, man, what else you got for Seale? I done bought everything? Man, I was crazy. We ain't got I'm gonna buy four more than bitches anyway. I mean it's like, yeah, because people want that story that's attached to it, and they want, like you said, they want to feel like they're a part of your movement. So it ain't possible without them. And we got bail fans and little followers that's been pushing us and be like, hey, man, call my cousin. Man, Hey, this dude right here can get you all these And one dude was like, man, let me let me just tell los. I'm gonna send him a whole I'm gonna give him this old school if he just let me sell the merch at my stir of Alabama. And I was like what. He was like, Look, I'm gonna give you the car, send me four boxes of hood. Understand me. It's your car. I was like, did you send it to him? I didn't because I didn't because I was like I didn't want that on my contract because I ain't want somebody to hit me. Two weeks later and like, you did ass wrong for making that deal with my brother, my uncle. You know, my brother crazy On gave you my mama cor truy.
Speaker 6: I'll say this too, dog, Like it's funny, like how people receive master p now Like he's like they don't know that he was really moving units people younger than us, right, So.
Speaker 4: Things said they made four hundred million dollars in three years.
Speaker 7: Like that's that. We can't even fathom that different level.
Speaker 6: So loss thing is like, bro, we just doing We're doing this out the trunk, but like in the digital space. So he talks about product all the time, but he's doing right or whatever. That's not sexy sometimes, but dog, there's only so much work we can put in twenty four hours.
Speaker 4: One thing we know about pee if he's selling anything. He's researched that this man selling rice and noodles. That means that the rice and noodle game is a billion dollars. If I jump in there and I make ten million.
Speaker 8: Shit, I'm straight and I'm about to own it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: And so what I've also learned being in a lot of these rooms that they don't deem you valuable enough to be in, but you know you're in them now. You learned that, like the game that they play is they're looking at what runs the fastest, and they're playing as many seeds as possible. So if you got ten seeds playing it, one's going to be out of here. Two of them gonna take their time, but eventually they are all gonna sprout. So we got merchandise, we got ip, we got product, We have a network and talent that we're getting invested into, even real estate, and like all this stuff raises everybody's value so that you you know, when you sleep, merchandise is still doing what it's supposed to do.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you know what he's doing what he's supposed to do. And then you learn the game.
Speaker 4: I got some nice merchant, damn saying, uh, the tops and bottoms ain't you'll be going home with them today. I'm like quality man, some nice double double stitch and you see that pops man shout out to the mercy. Appreciated the whole operation. I know, I'm I'm familiar. I mean, I know what goes on. We have a factory yet, but you know, don't we want to We don't either. We'll send something to the p O box. Please likes me up. So what's what's what's next? What's what's the vision for eighty five Media?
Speaker 7: Which which allowed to actually say it? Or you want me to give the.
Speaker 4: Go ahead? Man, don't give them the sauce, just tell them what we might just say some man. We're working on the country music album, doing some production for Lady God God Nah. We're working on trying to get to the movie space. Like I feel like that's the ultimate, the ultimate, you know what I mean? Like we want to get into some movies and some TV shows and and take the whole BT Hip Hop Awards experience to another platform. I don't want. I was like, I felt like that was a worldwide audition for us, just to show them that we're responsible enough to be trusted with a production. This so We definitely want to capitalize off that, and we want to we want to do that. We want to replicate what Tyler Perry got going on. We want a studio and things of that nature and a few deals and some digital go ahead. I'm trying to overtalk well, you know, we actually.
Speaker 7: I wasn't gonna say that.
Speaker 6: We just put out our first independent film, our first independent comedy films called Binnie Means You Can Go To eighty five, starring Carlos Miller, written by Carlos Miller, produced by Carlos Miller, directed by What You Can. That's our first foray into the independent space of putting out feature films and direct to consumer products, et cetera, et cetera.
Speaker 7: It's doing pretty well.
Speaker 6: So we're working through the binding means six minu six month project, and then we want to be able to license out that content as well. And like said, getting the independent films, we actually just closed on our first commercial real estate, so we're.
Speaker 4: Gonna have it. I was saving it. I wasn't gonna say nothing, gonna wait until I got in there, and I was gonna go lab and I was gonna talk ship, and I was gonna call your back.
Speaker 7: This is like a specific audience, so it's all good.
Speaker 4: We was about to get real disrespectful, but you told them you got a factory. Yeah I got one. Man, Yeah, I was gonna stand actually like my I was gonna start at like the loading dock and I was gonna gold all the way to the front door, just talking ship hopping champagne an empty building. I was just, man, it's gonna that's gonna be the first show.
Speaker 6: Just picked up the keys this week. So we're getting into animation. Were about to partner with something we gotta do fast cartoon.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we got it.
Speaker 6: We actually have a cartoon we already developed. But now we hotel feature film. Yeah, I want everybody check go check that out, starring Lost Fly.
Speaker 4: We haven't made like we've just been dropping clips up until now, and we were like we got some kind of long form content. But the ship is so dope. It's like now we're just building it and trying to get it. Our shut out to DJ Filthy Rich and we're trying to get over there across the street. Oh no, we're all on eighth, so it's right over there. The Cartoon Network actually yeah, yeah, yeah, so yeah, we were talked.
Speaker 5: You're giving us all location to drop on us to building is right as five flocks away.
Speaker 4: I mean, you're in my city.
Speaker 7: Just hit the dump.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just tell sorry about it. Yeah.
Speaker 6: But no, just as a company, we're playing more executive and producer this year.
Speaker 7: That's our plan. We still got a tour that's on whole covid. Slow that down. Yeah, so when we can pick the tour back up, we'll be running full speed with that. But in the meantime, we're building the infrastructure, hiring, so.
Speaker 4: We're gonna keep putting these episodes out. We're gonna keep getting in the studio, We're gonna keep making dope ass shows, and we're gonna keep trying to feed the fans and create new content. You know what I'm saying. We're gonna keep gonna keep helping independently owned businesses. We're gonna keep creating and bringing our partners up and jumping on podcasts and earning our leisure. Eighty five sleepers for suping. Shoutouts to man over there. I thought he was in here with us. Man holding it down for a minute, that's the fact.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Yeah, y'all added that to the to the network, right absolutely sleep.
Speaker 4: I would tell you, like, so we gotta get David and on the show Man. You got to come for our Black business expos that's done. Come and lace us with some game. But I told you they know the big bag of this nigga talk all that ship, but he still got vices. Let nigga that nigga love, he gonna speak. He better invest in them, man, real, tell y'all.
Speaker 6: I'll tell y'all, bro, Like, I'm such a supporter of y'all and anybody that's creating anything that they can control it own. Because I think about the nineties, Bro, we was watching We was watching everything from Martin to Jamie Fox Show, and it was like there was a palette of things for us to watch and experiences, and I think, like a new age of media creators are you know involving.
Speaker 4: Oh check this out. I gotta say this while we're on, because you brought up the nineties and that ship. Bro. People don't understand that the dude Julil White and this dude was killing ship in the nineties. This nigga was he had the Family Matters show, he had herkle nigga hand the serial thing. It was the voice of Sonic the Hedgehog, like he had a game and a whole choke hold. So that's where did that come from? Where did that come from? It's when he was bringing up all the ship we was watching. I'm like, niggas. I mean, I'd be like, niggas, be a sleep on your little white. That nigga like your billionaire in my mind?
Speaker 5: You know what's so crazy? When he's a big supporter. So he tagged us and I'm like, I tell him, like, yo, her cool. I'm like your little white. They're like, yo, that's miament. I'm like, Yo, that's oh deep, monumental shout out to you, Little.
Speaker 4: Carlos.
Speaker 5: One last question before we wrap this up, is that your real name Carlos? So it's interesting in the South. Killer Mike's middle name is Santiago, Your your name is Carlos. Are you Mexican? Like Mexican?
Speaker 4: How mix? So what? I'm half a nigga, half black. Now my dadd one, my dad a real nigga, and my mother is a strong black woman, So mix them together. Yeah, I'm mixed. Carlos. There you have it. So what would you like to tell the people? Yeah? What I like to tell the people keep the keep people's mouth off your privates, nah man, I would tell people for real, don't never stop pursuing your dreams. Man, as long as you got breath in your body and you still got the passion to do something, because I know it's like it's a lot of people out there who have a dream right now and they sleeping on it every night, and that ship is killing them. It's like it's taking that's the ship that's keeping them up all night. Like just knowing that you have something great inside of you and you're trying to repress a certin press that so you could live in the bubble that you're comfortable in, getting going to work, getting that check every week and living you know, the life that you live. But it's everybody got a purpose, man, And once you pursue your passion, that's when you're really living. And it's not just about money or a dollar amount. It's like, when you're out there in the world and you're doing what you want to do and you're pursuing your passion dreams, no amount of money can't replace it. That's that's the extent of living. And that's what they really mean when they say freedom man. Yeah, that's it you have.
Speaker 3: I want to give y'all y'all flowers now because I heard I heard last night. Man, in five years, you've missed three episodes. I don't think people really understand the level of consistency and dedication it takes to do something like that. And again, like we said the other last night, out of all the podcasts out there, shout out to million dollars worth of game and while shout out to them, but just showing love.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: Like like I said, the first time you met Chad, I mean, we two dudes from Greenburg, New York. So for him to see us and say like, Yo, I got to meet them, I got to talk to them. I got guidance I can give to them. I mean, it still sticks with us. Like we said, we still talk about the ideas he said to us. I remember him like, Yo, he's shining the light on your ball head. That's not gonna look great on the camera. And I'm just like, oh, damn you. We gotta change how we do the lone and Yo, we gotta upgrade these cameras. We can't be using the phone. Some more so, just that level of God's coming from where he's coming from and where y'all was at. I was just like, yo, damn the amount of love that y'all showed.
Speaker 4: Man. I wanted to thank y'all personally.
Speaker 5: And I got to give Chat a shout out, and we from horrible decisions. They both reached out to Charlamagne and that's the first time I actually spoke to Charlamagne. So yeah, oh yeah, they made that he's actually responsible for those situations.
Speaker 6: On top of that, y'all responsible for that. I want to thank God for that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And when we needed an entertainment lawyer, we don't even know it was like an entertainment lawyer and shout out to Amy.
Speaker 3: Chad was like, Yo, we got somebody for you.
Speaker 4: And so like, yeah, shout shout to you for that. People got to have on the show. You see. This is just that's those are the type of things that we're gonna push to keep going forward. It's like like, when you say that somebody who doesn't have an entertainment lawyer, I can't it for that. You need to go and talk to these folks man and show him that you're serious about having one, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Ye, your whole me say the same thing about She was like, wait, when I tell these people Chad coming, they be like, oh, no, but about his business, he about.
Speaker 5: His business chat. You want to tell them your social media handles the first I'm telling them all the time. It's not gonna It's not gonna work like that.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 4: However much you try to play the background, we still people know who Biggs is from Rockefellers. Fact, they know there is no escaping in this ship, bro This industry is mungy. Yeah. I see Charlottage screaming.
Speaker 3: And the more you try to avoid that ship, the more people.
Speaker 4: Are gonna pursue you.
Speaker 7: And I appreciate that, but don't do.
Speaker 4: That shout with Chad Dave. I said, oh they got you all over man?
Speaker 7: What loads put online?
Speaker 8: Like?
Speaker 7: I got d ms of people like bro hire me.
Speaker 6: I'm like, man, somebody posted something and I finally figured out, like damn.
Speaker 4: Were always looking to expand and link up with some dope ass people. Though, Man, you know, but you know what the world slowing down right now, we really really just focused in house man, taking that ship back to the back to the basics. But you know, once the world opened up, were back on their ass and we can really open up our platform and try to add a few more people to the team and change their life to send some people over here to.
Speaker 7: Y'all need more media, bro, we need more people. That's platforms.
Speaker 6: We need more people that's controlling the opportunities so you can control your community communities.
Speaker 4: We make.
Speaker 7: Change comes from leverage, and you create levers through community.
Speaker 4: Yep, that's a fact. That's it. But all the creators, open your platform up and have other guests and other creators on there. Man, put all that all.
Speaker 6: The change you want to shade, build your leverage up before you're worried about building your brand up though.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so love is love. Appreciate your brothers, man Troy housekeeping items.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Shot, everybody on Patreon dot com, y'all know that's our product pay program. Shot. Everybody that is a Tier five member, y'all know, y'all have access to E y L University, the number one school for business and entrepreneurs in the world. Shout to all our earners and everybody that's been supporting the merch that that fine Qui double Stitsch merch.
Speaker 4: Merch.
Speaker 3: We appreciate all your support and thank you. Obviously we expressed it on on this episode and Chat said the same. Obviously with COVID there's been delayed, but y'all have been extremely patient and and and your support and level of support and understanding. So again, we greatly appreciate that. Thank you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a fact.
Speaker 7: And man, shout out to y'all.
Speaker 4: Bro.
Speaker 7: I can't say it enough. I listen to y'all.
Speaker 6: I consume y'all's media often like I'm a market mondays put me on, bro because I don't.
Speaker 7: Really understand what y'all saying just yet. Just tell me where to goes.
Speaker 4: You know what.
Speaker 5: It's still love because we we went to yesterday to your spot and everybody that's part of the team. It was like, yo, I'm tapped in. I bench watched the episode. So yeah, we got a lot of support from the team over there. Man, So appreciate y'all.
Speaker 4: Sure, man, and any anything that y'all need from us on our side, anything listen, not like no money and no ship heart real shit, man, If y'all need anything on our side, you know what I mean? Advice? Uh, these people good at that. Man, y'all more than welcome then, you know what I'm saying. And I hope it's the same on both sides because y'all love it here getting money. I see right, the double stitches, man, I know what them double stitches hitting for bre So yeah, man, y'all keep us in the loop, and we're gonna definitely stay in the loop with y'all and we're gonna keep this network moving definitely.
Speaker 5: That's it, Bro, Appreciate you. Thank you guys for rocking with us. We'll see you next week.
Speaker 4: Peace.
Speaker 2: My graduates from my school being forced back drop drop, Mike, drop.
Speaker 4: Back drop drop.
Speaker 9: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from l Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuela and charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fine. Nearly one thousand dollars a day. Imprisoned and deported, you will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 3: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security,