Speaker 1: Amy Robot and TJ. Holmes present Aubry o Day Covering the Ditty Trial. Is based on transcripts, sources, and reporting from the courtroom.
Speaker 2: As is obvious, Aubrey Oday is not present in the courtroom during the proceedings.
Speaker 3: Amy and TJ presents.
Speaker 1: Aubrey O'Day Covering the Ditty Trial.
Speaker 3: Welcome everyone to this edition of Amy and TJ Presents Aubrey O'Day Covering the Ditty Trial. Yes, we are talking all things Sean ditty Combs while he is on trial here in Manhattan, facing five federal accounts and facing life in prison. And we've been speaking with Aubrey because of course she is well. She was one of his proteges in her band Danity Kine. She knows him well. She certainly has been offering her perspective. But with us today, first of all, we have well, he's known as Q. His actual name is kwan El Moseley. He's an American singer. You may remember him from the band Day twenty six, also with making the band. So he and Aubrey go way back. Thank you all. How are you all doing this? This is some heavy stuff you're having to relive A Lione, lot of trauma. How are each of you doing all? We will start with you.
Speaker 4: Oh, I just had inter deduction alone. Just gave me like stomach slips. You feel that, yeah, yeah, yeah, heavy? Right now.
Speaker 5: It was a hell of a week. We've been talking to you for several days here, we're hanging out with you here in New York. But Q, this is the first time we've gotten a chance to talk to you and get a reaction. What is your first reaction after the first week of full testimonies in the books?
Speaker 1: Well, honestly, in my opinion, I think this case is is it's very disgusting to see and to hear the things that went on in a relationship between Cassie and Diddy, and I'm just like, I'm overwhelmed, Like I try to avoid it watching it on TV, but I click on the media and it's right right there.
Speaker 4: Why are you overwhelmed? Well, did you know those things were happening?
Speaker 1: Honestly, yes, I did know those things were happening, as not the freak offs, but as far as like the abuse part. You know, I did hear about it, and I was around certain certain times when they were arguing on the phone and stuff. Yeah, I was very, very overwhelmed, like I don't want to see no more of this. Q.
Speaker 3: How would you describe your relationship with Diddy?
Speaker 1: With Diddy okay, well, I called Diddy mister mogul. My relationship with him, I would say as a boss. I feel like he respected me being in day twenty six. But I feel like, honestly, Aubrey, he didn't respect the fact that I was dating one of his.
Speaker 4: Artists, dating Dawn. Yes, he didn't respect that.
Speaker 1: I don't think he did. I think he kind of was intimidated in a way. And even though he had all this money and he was powerful and had everything in the world, I felt like he was intimidated by me dating her.
Speaker 4: Why would he be intimidated because he.
Speaker 1: Wanted to control and manipulate the situation. He wanted full control. He didn't want any other I felt like he didn't want any other.
Speaker 4: Man, so he felt like he wanted full control at Dawn.
Speaker 1: Yes, I feel like that.
Speaker 5: Yes, you thought he was after her in a romantic way or he just didn't like anybody any other man in her territories.
Speaker 1: I felt like it was Hmmm. The feelings I would get were like because I was dating her, so I felt like does he like me? Sometimes? Does he not like me? Does he want me around? And my being around because you know, he doesn't want like he doesn't want me around, because like like I'll find out too much information?
Speaker 4: Like I felt, are you finding out information?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I would see things, you know, I would. I would hear things and see things, yes, and that I felt a little scared and paranoid around them sometimes.
Speaker 6: Too, like.
Speaker 3: You can you tell us what you heard and what you saw?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well I'll go back. I remember, okay, when it first started, when I got paranoid, we were in the Hamptons. We were in the studio in New York City, and I was with Dirty Money at this time. I was around Dirty Money for about a year while they were creating Last Train of Paris. And I guess I was around because I was dating Dawn. I happened. I just happened to be around. So Diddy's like, I think he was very very high. He's like, we're gonna go to the Hamptons. He was like, we're gonna go stay to night there and you guys want to come, And it felt very weird because he's never this energy just felt so weird, you know what I mean. It was friendly high you know what I'm saying, Like a friendly invitation to something.
Speaker 3: He wasn't usually like that.
Speaker 1: No, he's never invited all of us to one of his houses. So we get to that. Before we get to the Hamptons, they're like speeding in these black SUVs on the expressway, very very fast, like they were in a rush to get to the Hamptons. We get to the Hamptons and we walked through the house and we arrived in the backyard near the pool, and my ex at the time, which was dawn, she gave me an ecstasy pill and she said, oh yeah, she said it was ecstasy, and she said it was from puff to give to me, and it was red. And I took it because I thought I was going to get frea hued with my girlfriend. You know, we tried ecstasy before, and I was I trusted her that that's what it was, so I took it immediately, and she had one too. He gave her two of them. I took mine within like twenty minutes. I knocked out and blacked out. I woke up in the twins' bedroom in the basement, and I woke up out of my sleep screaming, very very loud. Are the twins, I don't know their names.
Speaker 4: You're talking about, Yeah, Diddy twins.
Speaker 1: His girls. Yeah. I woke up in their bed, two cameras filming me, and they were laughing as I woke up out of my sleep screaming, and it felt like I'm not gonna cry.
Speaker 3: Okay, Yeah, take your time. It's okay. It's understandable that you're reliving this and emotion comes with it. It's just no way around it.
Speaker 1: So it's it felt very sacrificial. That's what I ad met when I said I felt like they were trying to hurt me or Diddy was trying to maybe sacrifice me that night. I didn't say when I went to blad TV, I didn't say anything about finding it secrificial. Email do.
Speaker 4: What he's discussing in regards to Vlad TV is that's one of the interviews that the boys did. He had to leave gaps within that interview, and they decided to fill those gaps. It's kind of what I've experienced this past week. As you guys know, we started this out and it was you know, we all have this intention to talk our way through to the end of this trial and hopefully see justice for whatever we uh, whatever is proven and whatever the jury decides. Even you, you had situations that were just made up out of nowhere, so did I. Last week, Q was discussing one in which he couldn't say certain things because he's honoring a contract, and within that people decided to fill in the blank. So he discussed an email he had tears. People put it together that he's crying over an email and what it like basically tried to like suggest that he's not a man and he's boohooing over an email and so on and so forth.
Speaker 1: Boozy says something crazy. It's Boozy said, explain who everybody so little Boozy is, And respectfully, I want to say to him, like, like, that's not You shouldn't have said that I wanted to get f'd by Ditty or or if that's possibly the reason why I'm crying, you know what I mean, that's messed up. You don't know me at all, mister Boozy, and you don't You didn't hear that the story that I just told, And if you would have heard that, maybe you would have had a different like reaction. And to Chopper into STEVEJ who also responded, like respect.
Speaker 4: They are all colleagues of cues in the industry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just want to say respectfully to them, just like, don't believe everything before you actually hear the truth. Because people added things and I don't have nothing bad to say about them at all. I just want them to just understand that, you know, be respectful to everyone's trauma. You don't know when a person is still healing and going through the process of healing, and you can add you don't know if I'm still thinking like I want to hurt myself for or I'm scared and thinking someone's gonna all those mental thoughts. You don't know what I'm going through for you to say those mean things to just add on to my mental health.
Speaker 5: I know there are some details about the incident you described maybe you don't want to get into and no, let's get it, okay, we can. Can I go with how I know you can be open about how it made you feel. Right, So you're saying after this particular incident, you you left there feeling you called it sacrificial, But did you felt as if they were to.
Speaker 1: Hurt me in my sleep? Because I woke up screaming. I woke about my sleep screaming, So what I mean by it felt like sacrificial. It felt like someone was trying to hurt me or take me out, because I possibly couldn't have woke about it my sleep that night.
Speaker 3: Do you know what happened to you?
Speaker 1: I woke up screaming like a girl to the top of my lungs on a high pitch.
Speaker 4: Well, did you have clothes on?
Speaker 1: I think I was in my shorts because I remember jumping into a swimming pool.
Speaker 3: But do you believe that some of what happened to you was recorded on one or many of these ideas?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I saw phones and lights. It wasn't a video camera, it was a phone camera light.
Speaker 3: So there are people who do know what happened to you, And there's a reason, you believe why they're not telling you.
Speaker 5: Yes, you all themselves, Well say agin them to protect themselves.
Speaker 1: Of course, that's what I feel.
Speaker 5: It seems like after talking to you, you all are in the same position, and is this might be typical at this point when you all were young folks in around this high powered guy, in this high powered environment, and you all sitting here twenty years later, Do I have it right? Or in the same boat of trying to still figure out what happened.
Speaker 4: To you both Without all of those pieces put together, you just spend every single hour of every single day unless you find a way to distract yourself trying to figure out what you were in qu say, now, I'm wondering what my group was right, right right? I know things to not make sense, you know, I experienced that a lot, But but to hear the levels of like, I don't know, it sounds that sounds like orchestration almost, you know, like have him explode into these like narratives about me that I had to carry, you know, puff left it on. You're being fired for being raunchy, promiscuous, bad for business. None of those things were accurate to me and are accurate to me, were or are accurate to me, And and yet I had to then come up from under that. Like you guys understand what it's like to come up from under something. It's damn near impossible. I don't know that you ever do. I'm waiting for the day. I still can't. As of this week, even when we announced the podcast, it was she's testifying we love her. Now she's doing a podcast and she's refusing to take the stand, as if I have any ability to take a stand, as if I can walk up to the core or jump on in the stand and say, hey, everybody, Aubrey's here. I even see sights saying that I'm I'm supporting Diddy. I know, like I knew when Q was coming on, like he really wanted to address what a specific outlet was, like the narratives that they were pushing on him because he couldn't open up and talk about his full story. And I know how frustrating that is, because it builds and builds and builds, and and you you start to feel like you're like sinking yea.
Speaker 7: And the way that they twisted things, you know what I mean, the way that they twisted.
Speaker 4: What is it like to watch it from your perspective as his mom?
Speaker 7: Okay, so as a mom, hold on, wait, let us get a mic, just.
Speaker 8: To relive things, watching my son come back from it's okay.
Speaker 3: Just.
Speaker 1: Watching my son come back.
Speaker 7: From being around dawning them when this incident happened, and him coming home and we not understanding what happened here. I have my son young eighteen nineteen, never seen him in this state before, and I'm like, what happened? He went away, he comes home and he's locked in his room, he's talking crazy. I'm like, what is going on? To have him admitted into a hospital. And for them thinking that maybe he was on what is it K two or something like that, and they said, well, whatever it is, we don't know what it is. And I think if I wasn't there for my son, I think that they would have sucked him in to something more.
Speaker 3: Nicole, can you describe your son before he started with this band, with Diddy, with this whole world. Who was he before?
Speaker 7: He was so energetic, he was so I mean, he was fan's favorite.
Speaker 1: Everybody loved him.
Speaker 7: Was he a'es to dancing, he vocals, all of that, you know, And then it just turned around like somebody had did something that we just could not put our finger on.
Speaker 5: Where is your anger and level of blame that goes toward Sean Diddy?
Speaker 1: Combs?
Speaker 7: Well, when it comes to Diddy, I think the fact that he orchestrated, he was part of the orchestration as far as like producing the pills or whatever things like that. Aubrey remember this you know, for mom me taking him to the hospital and stuff like that. We later found there were things that was found in him in the system. It's in this medical so it like I said, you know, this wasn't something that just you know what I mean, something that's heredita.
Speaker 4: You're saying like a substance was found in there, but.
Speaker 7: They couldn't determine exactly what it was, is what I'm saying. At the time, like I said, they thought it was hwo K two.
Speaker 1: But what I wanted to say was with you guys, after my mental health I was healing, I finally admitted it in my records that I felt like Diddy was trying to in my mental records that I felt like Diddy was trying to hurt me or come get me. So like a couple of years later, not in the beginning, but as you read owned my mental records, as I was admitted into the hospital, because it wasn't just once, it was numerous the times, Like towards the middle, I started being honest and it was like, I feel like Diddy is trying to come after me and hurt me. I started like speaking up.
Speaker 5: How many people have stories like that? I mean, how would you okay, you all were eighteen ninety the old kids around this, how many people do you all believe? And you might even know, but give us an idea. Have stories somewhere like that that are silent that we might even never know about that it's not just a matter of Diddy, but Diddy this person that work is just his circle.
Speaker 1: You think a lot of people have a story.
Speaker 2: Like it was?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I believe they do. I believe a lot of young people around my age. I started off when I was eighteen nineteen. I think a lot of young because that's what they do. They come after the young minded. They oppress, you know, the people they can manipulate. It's hard to manipulate somebody your age, but it's very easy to manipulate someone younger because of your influence. You know, people with influence can manipulate, can control, and it's because of their influence, and it makes us. It makes the person that like the people like me, like going after their dreams and having to endure and encounter compromising situations. What I'm trying to say, that's what they usually do to young people because they can put young people and they compromise the situations because a young person will basically do whatever they have to do to so in most cases she.
Speaker 4: Aligns with what Cassie is saying on the stand. She is saying she was very young. There was such a presence and a power to him. I mean, if you look at all of them making the band seasons, he was able to manipulate all of us to do all kinds of ridiculous shit. So there is this power in this presence with him that maybe, you know, an average show would just not understand how it just sucks all of the air out of the room when he's in it. It's just all consuming. I don't know how else to explain the way in which his power dominates a room. Q. You did tell me interesting story about We had a president at Bad Boy named Harv Pierre. He's been mentioned during this trial. His face was on the boards the first day, like mine was. You had a story with him that you told me that I thought was like shocking because Harve is like the one of the heads of the organization, right, so so he was always like very superior and we always had to kind of like look up to this guy. He was always running with puff everywhere. And you told me a story about.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, okay, so I'm making the band four on the last season when you weren't there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I wasn't there.
Speaker 1: So they made it seem like I was going crazy and I was really talking about management. And then Puff was like, I'm going to see you home with your family because you've been acting crazy and stuff whatever, fighting everybody, and I didn't go home. I went to the super Bowl with him Don and Cassie and his team, and the super Bowl was in Tampa Bay, and well after he went to the club and he was getting ready to get inside his suv. Harv was in his suv and he made Harf Pierre get out of the suv and he asked me and down sit in the back seat next to Cassie and he was in the front seat. So that was kind of weird. That was like, I'm making the band for when I didn't really know him, and he asked me, like where was I from? So that was a weird introduction, you know. That's kind of probably was like when my mom was trying to say she was grooming me maybe four ford, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Like, did he want to get a look at you? As she was bringing him to me.
Speaker 4: It just felt so weird. You would never tell Harve to get out and let two artists get in the car that he doesn't even pay us know me yet it was weird when he said that. It stood out to me like I couldn't even imagine him telling Harve to get out the car like that would that sounds un.
Speaker 1: Harvard looked like what he was like, huh?
Speaker 7: And I used to you know, Q and I are very close, so you know, I think that being that Dawn knew that how close we were, I think that that stopped a lot.
Speaker 1: I really I think that.
Speaker 7: She couldn't they couldn't get him the way that they really wanted because I really inserted myself a lot. This is my only son, So I mean, we we're still very close to this day, you know what I mean. But there's some things that you know, you take to the grave with you. Just like hearing some of these things just a few minutes ago.
Speaker 1: I just go into details. I went in details with you, mmm, Q.
Speaker 3: When you got into that car with with Diddy and down what happened to that and Cassie? What happened in that car? What was talked about? What was said, was it? What was the mood like?
Speaker 1: Yeah, So when I got in the car with Diddy and Cassie and Tampa Bay, they seem like they had a couple of drinks. But it wasn't wasn't nothing uncomfortable, Nobody crossed the line or everything there. He was just asking questions Cassie. Cassie was very quiet. She was just sitting there like and she seemed like she didn't want to go through with whatever he was getting ready to orchestrate. She seemed like she was uncomfortable, like, no, these are I don't want to do this with with Q and Don or whatever whatever he was orchestrating. But he was asking questions like where you're from. I think he asked me what was my name?
Speaker 4: Where you were in the band? He chose you in the band, he didn't know your name.
Speaker 1: He was high. I think he was very high. I think you know he's always he's always high on ecstasy. That's his that's his main drug.
Speaker 7: I remember down telling me, because you know, I used to have conversations.
Speaker 4: What else did he ask you?
Speaker 1: Sorry, That's all I could remember, to be honest, and that they used to.
Speaker 7: Fake like they were given pills when they went to different occasions, different things, studio, stuff like that. And Q was telling me that how her Q and Don, because remember Don would come to our house and spend like days like with Q and stuff like that. And she would say, oh, well, you know, we would go to these parties and we would take the pills and put them in our pocket, but we would have to act like you know that they were on whatever the people at the parties were on.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 7: And I would say, I used to tell QQ, that's smart. But all along, I think Q was lying to me because he was actually taking the pills because he was eighteen nineteen years old and he knew that.
Speaker 1: I wish what are you doing? Like what are you doing? You know?
Speaker 7: And I would have said those things to him, like what are you doing? You don't listen?
Speaker 1: So I'm not taking nothing.
Speaker 7: I'm not gonna take nothing because I don't want to. I don't even want to know what's going to happen. I mean, I hear stories about people sniffing cocaine and their heartbust or something, you know what I mean, just just different things. I don't want to be in that situation. So I probably would have said that to my son, like, what are you doing? This is not what you're here for. But I get it now that when you're a celebrity and you you got cameras following you when you leave out of the hotel, or you're you know whatever, on the streets, you're running and you're just subjected to being in a hotel.
Speaker 1: So what else can we do?
Speaker 7: What else can we do but pop pills and you know, just do things. And so I kind of understood why he did do things because it's you guys' lives were different from other people's lives and you couldn't do normal things. You understand what I'm saying outside of you guys get Yeah, As a mom, I kind of understood it, but I was still angry with him as to what are you guys doing? But when he I felt safer when him and Don said, oh no, we used to put the pills in our pockets. We used to pretend, you know, they're bopping around or whatever.
Speaker 4: It's possible that she was a victim too.
Speaker 7: To it.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying she's not a victim because I'm not here to judge her story or whatever she's saying. I'm not here to say she's not a victim. But what I'm saying is she's not innocent as far as.
Speaker 4: It's kind of what Cassie's kind of saying on the stand when they were cross examining her, like, well, there are some text messages that suggest that she wanted an even wilder freak off than the last time or whatever. When they read a lot of the text messages, there was some admission to at least some of them being you know, they're being an awareness of some of them. You know, it's hard when you get into this topic because when you groom people and they understand to express themselves and to get attention from you, they need to be sexual. You can write a sexual message, but really just mean I want to be with spend time with you, you know. So it's like to me when I was hearing it, I just kept leaving that that space in there where I know survivors live, which is just like, you can't take those moments and turn them into this person wanted at all because a lot of times those messages come from a place that you're trained to understand it makes you most attractive to that person.
Speaker 3: But where is the line between being a victim and being an accomplice.
Speaker 4: And that is that right there. Amy is what I'm having a very hard time with with all of this. That's why I wanted to, you know, do this. I've been sitting here with stories like cues like many back and forth and back and forth. I switch over to sides daily wondering. You know. I try to put like Q went on for much longer with the dirty money people. You know, I was fired, so I was living a completely different life. I wasn't exposed to any of the drugs or any of the things that were going on like that. So when I hear these things, I'm like, I always just try to like know what I know, know what I saw, know what I think could be possible from what I saw, know what I am shocked by, and I try to like make sense of it all. But it sounds like, from like the point where I am checked out moving forward, that it got the drugs were a very common constant state. From the testimony and from people that were living there that are speaking with us, it just sounds like that is something that was getting very out of control.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree, it's possible.
Speaker 5: You just said it, But how do you find a balance. Isn't it possible that everybody in his world that's a part of this is legitimately a victim and some are legitimately accomplices, Like can't they be very That's tough.
Speaker 4: This is for me as a woman, I find it very hard to think that because you're either on the side of the victims or you defend the bad guy, right, And as women, we don't get a lot of We don't get a lot of rope to say, well, I believe these four things that the person said these two. I saw some things where I know that those two are probably not fully the truth. And I could believe this, but she could be lying too, Like I'm never given the grace of being able to dissect and any like that. I just have to make a blanket statement because I feel as a woman, especially in the celebrity world, you're either with women or you aren't, and we kind of have to be in these lanes, and it makes dissecting things a bit difficult. And also because there are so many headlines and journalists being so irresponsible, you almost fear that the one thing you say that is a dissection gets carried off into the sunset. When you dissected it properly, and then you're on this side or you're on that. I'm being told that I'm on sides that I haven't even dissected yet. I'm scared to dissect. But I could. I could absolutely dissect, and I could absolutely pick all kinds of things apart. I do it every day since all of this started. But I don't feel like there's any room to do that. And that's a problem I think we really need to figure out as a society, because that's why there's such extreme palpable reactions to this case. There are some people that are just blankets saying Cassie is lying, that are celebrities, that are people that are known in the industry that we're around, and they're just suggesting that. Then there are people that are fully with her. There's a lot of really palpable feelings toward it because it seems like, according to her testimony, there's proof that there was days that there were you know, okay, or that maybe that somehow in the messages, it suggests that there was an agreement on certain days, and then on certain days it seems like it got out of control and it was not wanted at all. Q.
Speaker 3: I'm curious because you just sounds like it was like you did see a lot more and were involved a lot more in that other side of things from what you've heard and read of Cassie's testimony. Is she telling the truth?
Speaker 1: In my opinion, yes, I believe she's Selden the truth and I and they're talking about like this might not be trafficking now, I believe like trafficking is like when.
Speaker 4: You force, there has to be forcing coersion, right.
Speaker 1: I believe because of his influence, he is forcing people to be under his control and to it's under his rule, like like a serpent, like a sorceress, a person, you know what I mean. I believe he is forcing.
Speaker 4: We see force as such a action word. But when I think of it, and then making the band context, I just did what he said. I don't feel like anyone was giving me an action. But when he said go run Central Park till somebody drops, that's just what we did. We just had to. We just knew you had to. That's what you had to do. When I think of it now, that was there was force in that. There was coercion in that there That wasn't something I wanted to do you know, like there was there were those elements there. But when you're young, and because the way we defind these words, it's very difficult to understand that force factor and to verbalize it clearly to people because you're not looking at it like that when you're in that invite. It's just that environment is so far from anyone's healthy natural state that when you're in it, and and like I said, when it's good, you feel like, oh my god, I'm living in this cool place that nobody understands. It's not even fame. I've seen fame at all levels. There's a lot of fame that's completely normal. This is something else. This was like a This was like they did. The life over on that side is just in extremes. I remember at one point being on like Scott Storches, like that yacht that they had seized at one point. It's like gigantic. It's on the internet. It's this gigantic, shiny yacht that's got every bell and whistle on it. And we had been in his home recording and then we were all out on the yacht with puff and I remember after that we had gotten sent home for a while and I went home to my sorority, and I was like, Wow, everybody's here is real boring and this real stale, and I want to go back over there where everything was like, it's the lifestyle, and it's not just a wealthy lifestyle. It's like extravagant and at a drop of a dime, did he will stand up and suggest that everybody goes somewhere and that's just what we do. Like it was just very intoxic. Yeah, without even being on drugs.
Speaker 1: And especially if you're young, you like, I'll do anything to get my life. I didn't feel that way, not anything. But you're the influence of someone that has the power to make you your dreams come true. You're like, oh my gosh, whatever I have to do, like as far as like walking to get cheesecake like the things you're giving examples of, or running thirty miles around the fucking.
Speaker 4: What I'm learning as I talk to more people, is there the degrees of that are different, right, Like what you're willing to do, it depends on how you grew up. It depends on your experiences that you saw as a child. It depends on what you've normalized in life versus what you haven't. I was always known to like talk back to him. That's not necessarily a natural state for anyone else in my group to have done that, and they did. Everybody's got different circumstances that we were raised in. So the levels in which we fought that do anything card is different, but we're we're not different in regards to being under the blanket of being victims to it and experiencing the overall understanding of it. However, the levels to which people will go, as we're dissecting, even within my own band, it sounds like there are levels to which some you know, one of my band members may have gone that I just are foreign to me.
Speaker 7: I would never Well, we come from the I actually had Q when I was very young.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was sixteen.
Speaker 7: People come from different lifestyles, yes, And unfortunately, you can come from a lifestyle where you know, you're you know, you're you're around this big person and oh wow, you know what I mean, what can I do to make sure that I stay at that level? You know?
Speaker 1: And you know those type of things.
Speaker 4: And remember he's iconic in a culture as well. He's a huge iconic figure.
Speaker 1: Correct and and and.
Speaker 7: I mean, like we probably grew up different. I probably grew up different from how you were raised with your parents. You probably had a bigger house and so for fun. And we come out of a neighborhood where, oh my god, you made the band. You understand what I'm saying. It's totally different. So we come from different lifestyles, you know.
Speaker 5: So I get what you're saying, Mama, Look that was well. This comes the great line from Christopher Wallace, the great poet.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 5: It's you either selling crack rock or you got a wicked jump shot sometimes.
Speaker 1: And I can tell you that I am a protector.
Speaker 7: I have three children, and I love my kids, and I'm still hurt to this day from a lot of things, still trying to understand because you know your kids, and I know whatever happened to my son, it happened during the years of him making that band, and that's where it all started. And if I could give that all back for my son, just to be a I would. No parent, No parents should have to see their child go through anything such as what I've seen, rather if it's Cassie or anybody else. But I also know that they have choices, and I'm not making excuses for my son at his age because he was taught right and wrong. He knows that if I'm not gonna do this, my mom said, this is not right. He had a choice. But when you love someone so hard and you put all your trust in them and you think, Okay, I love this person so much that they're not gonna hurt me and they turn around and they do that, it's not right.
Speaker 1: It's not right. Mom.
Speaker 5: Do you deal with and do you have moments along the way?
Speaker 1: And I was very impressed that.
Speaker 5: I'm sure there are a lot of kids that were in Diddy's world who didn't have a mom has involved as you.
Speaker 2: When making the band was on they ate me alive on the internet. But when I say, they ate me alive, meaning I actually quit my job when Q made the band, and because he asked his family to move to Virginia because that's what his manager, screw Face, wanted us to do. Oh, we got a house down here, you can set up your job down here. I just wanted to be next to my son to make sure that he was because he was so young. I wanted to make sure that he was guided right. And so I did all those things.
Speaker 7: And to move and while they were on the show. We get pack up this truck or whatever, we're on the road and we get.
Speaker 1: A call from screw Face. Oh the house fell through.
Speaker 7: We couldn't we couldn't move in, and so Q at the time was taping, and so he gets on there. He's like, I'm just worried about my family. My family, my family, and people kept they chewed me alive. Why would she quit her job for someone that just made the band at age eighteen? And do you know how bad I wanted to go on there and say, you don't know what the hell you're talking about, and you don't either, You says mam, Well, you can't do that. You see Beyonce's mom do that, you know, and I don't like it. So that's why you hardly ever hear of Qu's mom ever saying anything online when all these things, you know, just him being on you know, different.
Speaker 1: Podcasts and stuff like that.
Speaker 7: Today it was the day that I felt that somebody needed to hear my voice how I feel about everything. I can't blame Diddy, but I know he's not innocent.
Speaker 1: I can only blame.
Speaker 7: The people that were around me. And because my son puts so much into who he loved. That I can only blame her because she was what eight years older than Cute. She had a lot of influence on him, and all he knew was that that was my girl.
Speaker 1: Mom.
Speaker 7: You couldn't you can't tell me nothing about her.
Speaker 1: My mom couldn't tell me nothing. I mean, you know, yeah, I.
Speaker 7: Kept telling him all along. I kept telling him, Cute, this don't sound right.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't trust her.
Speaker 7: Then.
Speaker 3: This it's just some mom's worst nightmare.
Speaker 1: And if I could give it all back, I would.
Speaker 7: I wouldn't just wanted my son to stay in college and just do the right thing.
Speaker 1: I didn't, And I.
Speaker 7: Keep saying that days and nice. I look at all his accomplishments. When my son would walk down the street, and I would just go on Facebook or anything like that, and people say, did you see that boy Q from day twenty six looking crazy.
Speaker 1: Walking around Rochester, New York with a screwdriver, thinking that Diddy was coming to kill me? So I was just obmarrying myself, just a mass mentally. This is a mental health problem though, going to you.
Speaker 4: Know, people knew who he was.
Speaker 7: I'm admitting it's just you never do anything.
Speaker 1: You do Yeah.
Speaker 4: You're paranoid, is somebody if you have If you have that in you, you're gonna be paranoid.
Speaker 1: I was talking around with a screwdriver, like stabbing up trees. I was thinking I was seeing Diddy and I would grow up to the tree and just start doing I know taekwondo a little bit, so I would do I would do my little punch thing on a tree with the screwdriver. You're not gonna hurt me, saying to myself.
Speaker 7: When I literally tell you the trauma, when I literally tell you, we didn't understand anything. And I was embarrassed. Then I had to think about it and said, this is my son. People will call me, did you see Q walking up the street or he's at the park sitting in a tree or something just out of his mind? Or you guys can't even imagine what I went through as a mom.
Speaker 1: And all I used to do was get on my knees and pray.
Speaker 7: I would look it's accomplishment, accomplishments, BT awards, all those plaques and key to the city, and I said, Lord, what has happened to my child? What is going on? I didn't have any answers. I didn't have anybody to turn to because we weren't really getting exact answers from Q.
Speaker 1: Because the pill that he had given me had broken me down to where he and he's just getting all the way back to the beginning to where I was, Like drawings script, I.
Speaker 6: Mind, I mean, it's it's it's it's devastating to the point where I believe TG and I are almost speechless at this point because it's hard to even get your head around what that must be like, what that must be like for.
Speaker 3: You, Mama, And I'm curious. Cue you said you're getting back. How are you now? How are you today? How long has this road been for you to get where you are?
Speaker 1: I am just healing. I've got better around twenty twenty and there
Speaker 3: Is so much more to unpack here, So stick around because we will be back with Aubrey Q and his mom Nicole