Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center. Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty Armstrong and Getty and know He Armstrong and Getty. A woman recently won a video game tournament in Florida just five days after giving birth, And frankly, I'm more impressed that someone who's that good at video games had sex.
Speaker 2: It's interesting that that joke continues given the fact that, like, practically every young man plays video games, the lowest number of them are having sex ever, right, true, true, but there's a lot of like. But anyway, don't want to get off on that. Well, whose voice was that? I've been working solo for several hours. Look at who's at the door.
Speaker 1: It's Joketty.
Speaker 2: Cold Warriors be Cold Warrior. I love that so much. He's a shiver and some level of arousal. So you went to breakfast story, Why did you leave for several hours?
Speaker 3: Yes, I had a hankering for eggs, Benedict, No, I had to have some skin cancer cut off. It's the non scary kind, the most common, the easiest to cure. Your basil cell carcinoma right on the bridge of my nose. So I went and got hacked, but it went fine. It's one of those deals where they remove some tissue, they excize it and send it to the lab real quick, and they look at the margins and say, yep, you're clear, or at you got to take more.
Speaker 1: Tissue, and I know you've had the second answer.
Speaker 3: It just got to be very dissappoint We've got to go deeper.
Speaker 1: Knock me out now, if it takes a hammer, do it right.
Speaker 3: But no, I actually, and I don't want to dispense anything within one hundred miles of medical advice, but for reasons of scheduling and traveling stuff like that, I ended up at a plastic surgeon and not a quote unquote Moe's surgeon, which is a certain procedure that they do.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Really happy that happened. Oh interesting, really happy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But again that's not to impugne anyone in their medical practice or blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: So what's the kind that I'm always amazed when I go to the doctor and say, look at this, doesn't this look scary? And I'm like, no, that's nothing to worry about. My ability to identify what's the scary one? And what's not is not very good.
Speaker 3: Apparently, especially as you past sixty years old. Yes, and your skin thinks, why am I hanging around here? You've reproduced, you've raised your kids, Get the hell out of the way. The young people need to take over, and funky stuff starts to happen.
Speaker 1: But what are you going to do? I know a woman who a shewed the sunlight for most of her adult life? Would that be the right use of that.
Speaker 2: Term, and now is really really happy about it, and her friends are like, why didn't I do that? Because they were they looked tan and good when they were younger, and she did not. But man, you get older, it makes it.
Speaker 1: It pays off. I didn't do well. I've got way too much sun when I was young.
Speaker 3: And you're hyper tanning types. Yeah, I mean, man, you are. You are trading your youth for well looking like a catchersmith. I hate to be unkind.
Speaker 1: It ages the heck out of you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it does well and h rmatologists I think, or somebody pointed out to be all right, look at the top of your arm. Now look at the bottom, the bottom of your forearm, the part that's shielded from the sun. Yeah, a look at your ass if you're that flexible, Yes, own a couple of mirrors, whatever it takes looking at your ass.
Speaker 1: Yes. But anyway, so that is behind me delightfully.
Speaker 3: And I'll have a couple of black eyes, I think, and I've got a big white bandage on my nose. But you to thank God for living a time where they can find that stuff for early detect it, remove it with the you know, relative comfort and it doesn't turn into something nass here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when we were talking about this a couple of weeks ago, would you what period of time would you like to go back to in history and live where you think would be you know, the golden age of being alive or what like that.
Speaker 1: You wouldn't want to go back very far or a lot of us would be dead.
Speaker 2: I'd have been dead from the cancer I had ten years ago, or you know, you'd be hobbled around because you can't get a new shoulder or something like that, or all the different medical advances to gazillion skin cancer deads.
Speaker 3: That right right well, And I'm just thinking if you could, like and nobody has this good of memory, at least I don't, but if you could like put in everything that has happened to you in your life. Then they run a simulation. All right, here's a simulation from eighteen sixty.
Speaker 1: Here's it.
Speaker 3: Well, I probably would have been killed in the Civil War. But here's a simulation from nineteen hundred, nineteen fifty and so on and so forth. I mean, they might say, hey, do you remember, like I've got a couple of dental implants because my teeth cracked or whatever.
Speaker 1: They went, heywhere and I had to get him?
Speaker 3: But they would look at that dad and run it like, well a war game like they do on computers now, and say, hey, do you remember when you had that really bad toothache and they had to extract your tooth or whatever. That would have been sepsis. You'd have died from it at age twenty three or whatever it is. I mean, if they could do that signed a kind of computer model, and I think if you ran those models for people a few times, they'd be like, yeah, I'm staying in the twenty first century, thank you.
Speaker 1: Absolutely.
Speaker 2: Remember when I snagged myself on the barbed wire fence when I was drunk trying to climb over it. Oh, yeah, that would have killed me if I had couldn't have got went and got a tennis shot.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Wow, Well, and I have it on pretty good authority. My wife and first child probably would have died in childbirth. They were the classic died in childbirth, impossible labor and difficult delivery and.
Speaker 1: Stuff like that.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I'm here, I'm queer, and I have no time machine or something.
Speaker 2: I was at a NASCAR race. A friend of mine was working one of the beer booths and could get me free beer. Oh so you add those two things together and you are inebriated age place. I was thirty one, good enough, so then walking, not twenty five, but it's good enough. Walking to the car. I was a passenger. It was parked in a field and I had to crawl. I took a shortcut to crawl through this barb wire fence in a field, and it was really hammered drunk, and I lost my balance and I slipped and my leg got caught up on the barbed wire fence with one of the barbs jammed into my leg and it just kind of sliding down my leg. Oh, bar separating me open, And I couldn't feel it because I was so hammered and I was actually thinking to myself, this is not good.
Speaker 1: I shouldn't be feeling this.
Speaker 2: And then when I got into the car with the passenger, me and a couple other people, we convince the driver to pick up aig.
Speaker 1: Gets better and better. I remember that story. This holeless dude in the back seat with me bleed. That's a good time. Huh. It was quite a crue you were running back in those days.
Speaker 2: Jeez.
Speaker 1: It happened to me once.
Speaker 3: I was fairly inebriated and reached behind a guy's couch because I dropped something or whatever and pulled it back and felt just kind of a scratching on my arm, but didn't pay attention to it. And we went back to doing what we were doing. And at some point he said, where's all that blood color from?
Speaker 1: Oh? Oh, yeah, I'd rake.
Speaker 3: Like a nail all the way down by Oh yes, beautiful. Oh but I was up on my Titanu's shot. And that's a tip for you folks that you take away from this segment. Get up to date on your Teennis.
Speaker 1: Shot unless RFK Junior says it gives you autism or something.
Speaker 3: Oh boy, speaking of the twenty first century, we got this great email in which Diane kind of summarized an article.
Speaker 1: Do you remember seeing that headline, I don't.
Speaker 3: Know, a couple of weeks, a couple of months ago, Western executives who visit China are coming back terrified. There are a couple of different versions of that story. I think it may have been the Big Auto executives. But she sent along a little commentary. And the first thing this guy says is, and this is an interesting angle. He's talking about how badly the left has lied for decades about how China took over manufacturing. And I've never thought of this as a left right thing. But anyway, just to read what he says, how liberals swore it was just because China has cheaper labor, all those rice farmers willing to work for slave wages.
Speaker 1: Well, see, I told you so.
Speaker 3: Yesterday the Telegraph ran an illuminating story headline, Western executives who visited China are coming back terrified. If you guessed what terrified Western executives were legions of cheap Chinese workers, think again. And this guy has traveled to China, but he says, I, in the past have suggested the only real advantage that I ever had was that its factories.
Speaker 1: Were newer than ours.
Speaker 3: They invested in state of the art, they came along a lot later than we did, etc. You know, if I buy a car this year and you bought a car five years ago, I'm going to have a more up to date car.
Speaker 1: But he says no, no, No.
Speaker 3: CEO Ford CEO Jim Farley said, it's the most humbling thing I've ever seen after a recent trip touring Chinese manufacturing plants. It wasn't the slave labor conditions, it was the robots. Quote, you're walking along this alongside this conveyor and after about eight hundred nine hundred meters a truck drives out.
Speaker 1: There are no people. Everything is robotic.
Speaker 3: Wow, added another Australian billionaire who took a similar tour, and the executives described these vast dark factories where the robots do so.
Speaker 1: Much of the work. They don't even have lights on for the humans. They don't need them.
Speaker 2: Well, that's telegraphing that that is cost effective given the fact that they do have basically slave labor or people that can force into working very low wages. But it's still apparently the best bet to have a robot.
Speaker 3: Yes, both, I'm sure, it's both, depending on the sophistication of the plant.
Speaker 1: But listen to this here.
Speaker 3: This is how many new industrial robots were added last year in the UK.
Speaker 1: It was a pitiful twenty five hundred.
Speaker 3: Back to our stat yesterday, was it zero of the top fifty companies in the world are in Europe or was it twenty five? It might have been twenty five, but zero anyway, So how many robots last year? Industrial robots? Twenty five hundred in the UK, thirty four thousand in the US, twenty seven thousand in Germany so again, thirty four grand in the US, two hundred and ninety five thousand in China.
Speaker 1: Wow, So they are way ahead of US and robots and investing like maniacs in automated labor. That's something. Yeah, that's something they don't have, you.
Speaker 2: Know, when we had the big doc strike thing going on. They don't have unions that are going to try to fight any advancement in technology. No, no, no, we still need human beings to stand here and read the license plate. China ain't gonna do that right now.
Speaker 3: This guy then jumps to the defense of tariffs, which he says change the calculus, spurring a generation of executives to try to figure out how to build cheaper stuff here.
Speaker 1: There has been a fair amount of that.
Speaker 3: Tariffs are now the only answer since China's ten or twenty years ahead in factory buildouts. Had someone stood up twenty years ago and said the reason production is moving to Asia is only because they have newer, more efficient factories than all of this might have been avoided. But we heard, I heard, I bought. No, it's their labor's cheaper. There's labor's cheaper, over and over and over again. For one hundred thousand new industrial robots last freaking years. We have in the United States last year thirty four thousand.
Speaker 2: Wow, that is something. Dang it, dang it is right tarn to speak Mandarin. Yeah, it's my suggestion.
Speaker 1: No no, no, no.
Speaker 2: No, no, no to easily Okay.
Speaker 3: No, we gotta we gotta fire up our industrial capacity. We gotta get off, get your sweet lips off the Chinese sugar teat man.
Speaker 1: Got to rely on ourselves more on our allies.
Speaker 2: Every robot probably replaces what a couple people because they can work around the clock holidays.
Speaker 3: That's an interesting question. I would guess it's more than that. Yeah, that's really plus they're they're speedy. Yeah, you tell it, work faster, you tweak the little dial in its back. At least that's what I'm imagining, because probably.
Speaker 2: Work faster a hole they see. I don't say that, and I gonna say that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm where fast enough already, I'm on strike.
Speaker 2: No, your mother was working faster last night.
Speaker 1: You don't have this or my sweaty Wait a minute of pushback from robots. Okay, we got moral, stay here, strong, hetty. I liked you.
Speaker 3: I like this.
Speaker 1: Some people say, very nice, but go ahead, I'm just speaking fact. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So Kamala Harris was doing an interview somewhere. She's still promoting that stupid book. Some people say I was the most qualified person ever run for president? How I mean? I realized politicians say amazingly over the top things all the time, But that is how do you get those words to come out of your mouth?
Speaker 3: Well, hubris and lack of self awareness, I get, But what about all the folks in the crowd are just shrieked with delight, Yeah, and happiness when she said that, Good lord, you know, when when when my guy's a bit of a you know, half assed candidate, but he's better than the alternative.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna if he's doing his.
Speaker 3: Book tour, which has been widely mocked after he loses the election. So, you know, some people think I would have been the greatest president in the history of the world.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to yell and cheer. I'm like, yeah, well, you're.
Speaker 3: The best we could vomit up the last election cycle.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to pretend you're a saint. What sort of cultists through out there yelling and screaming and delights Kamala Harris.
Speaker 3: I mean, well, some people say a lot of crazy crap, but that's near the top.
Speaker 2: But when Trump says they say, I'm the healthiest person that's ever been president, I laugh, I don't cheer.
Speaker 3: Oh right right, yeah, oh, speaking of the last election cycle, we just got hold of this or were reacquainted with it. It happened, you know, a few weeks ago, several weeks ago. But it's Democratic strategist Liz Smith and Scott Jennings on CNN talking about the trials, literally the trials of Trump sixty three.
Speaker 4: Michael, I think democrats are learning and I'm going to agree with you that Democrats cannot only be the party of resistance. We cannot like we resisted so hard between twenty seventeen and twenty twenty four, we impeached the guy, like if we've prosecuted him, convicted him of thirty four felony accounts, and guess what, he still got elected.
Speaker 5: So I don't know how much harder we can resist, right? Are you admitting that the case against Trump in New York was part of the organized Democratic Party resistance?
Speaker 4: It was a Democratic prosecutor and at the time, okay, at the time I thought it was unwise. I went on Fox News and said this at.
Speaker 1: The time, there were a lot just to be clear, this wasn't.
Speaker 5: Just to be clear, everybody who now touts the thirty four felonies, take it from Liz.
Speaker 1: This was not a real case.
Speaker 5: This was a plot to up in the presidential campaign, which I just think it was.
Speaker 4: A boneheaded moved by Alvin Bragd.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's interesting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I didn't need confirmation from Liz Smith. I already knew it one percent. But the cynicism in politics, actually inside politics, I don't think it's possible for the layman to picture it.
Speaker 2: Now, No normal people, and I mean normal, normal people couldn't do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: One of the most you know, communicative and devastating lines of all time from Mark Liebovich's This Town is two of those consultant hacks. We're on a talk show in the green room laughing about Uh, they don't the viewers don't get the joke. They're not in on the joke, And Leibovich had to ask him a couple of times, what's the joke, Come on, what's the joke?
Speaker 1: And the guy finally answered that we're patriots. That's rough. I think we're all better off knowing it.
Speaker 2: Ma'm Danny is in a debate tonight that I'm sure we'll have some highlights from tomorrow, as they're going to grill him on his communist anti Jew tendencies.
Speaker 3: Disarm the police, release all the prisoners, and all the program for the bright kids in schools.
Speaker 1: Sounds great government run grocery stores.
Speaker 2: I assume it'll be pressed on all these things.
Speaker 3: Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 2: Brewers at Dodgers tonight with the Dodgers leading to nothing, Blue Jays at Mariners with Seattle leading to one likely headed toward a Dodgers.
Speaker 1: Mariners world series. So there you go, West Coast Special.
Speaker 2: We talked about this a little bit earlier, but I want to get into more of the specifics because I find this really interesting.
Speaker 1: The headline sort of.
Speaker 2: Hides a lot of the really good stuff, the headline being that you reach your functional peak as a human later than they had previously thought. Now functional functional is what we're going to get into defining here that word as they use sixteen different dimensions. This is a serious, like university study. This is not I don't know, so many studies and you should look out for this. It's fun to talk about him. So many studies that you hear that are you know it turns out, you know, it's paid for by the pudding corporation, and it turns out you'd be better off eating more pudding in your life or whatever, right exactly, Yeah, yeah, just dumb stuff like that. But it turns out that people reach their functional peak in their late fifties early sixties, decades later than most people assume when you figure in all these different things. So physical strength obviously, and certain cognitive abilities like processing speed decline steadily after your mid twenties.
Speaker 1: And I think we.
Speaker 2: All canna test Yes, oh, if you're past your mid twenties, you're aware of that, But a whole bunch of other things you get stronger at for quite some time, but they all.
Speaker 1: Diminish it eventually.
Speaker 2: Intelligence, personality, emotional eligence, decision making, overall functioning continues developing through midlife, reaching its apex at around sixty years old. A twenty five year old can process information faster, hold more items in their working memory, and solve abstract reasoning problems more quickly than someone decades older. So that stuff, you're better at twenty five than you are later. And that's who was I talking to the other day. They were younger than me, and they're talking about how they forget stuff now, and I said, yeah, I finally had to give in and start like leaving myself notes because I used to just I used to be very proud of I just I could remember everything I needed to do and how I was going to do it, this and that I just knew I was going to remember.
Speaker 1: That worked for a while and then it until it didn't.
Speaker 2: Fluid intelligence, because we were talking about working memory there, holding information.
Speaker 1: In your head and all that sort of stuff peaks.
Speaker 2: Around twenty five fluid intelligence, the ability to think on your feet and solve novel program problems, peaks at twenty and declines after that. Wow, isn't that something? Oh huh, Okay, that's probably good for uh, you know a lot of your military age people and the kind of decisions they got to make really quickly on their feet and they're around twenty years old.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Man, there's a lot to this. Yeah, other terms to understand and subtleties and the rest of Yeah.
Speaker 2: Other advantages emerge with age that younger adults haven't had time to develop. Crystallized intelligence, which is not a term I'd heard, but it means accumulated knowledge and vocabulary obviously keeps rising well into your sixties, right that you can call it wisdom if you wanted to. Financial literacy, for some reason, improves into your late sixties early seventies. It goes beyond that, It goes beyond other kinds of intelligence and that something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but then dig this one.
Speaker 2: Moral reasoning, because it's all comes under the category of you being able to function. So some of then drop off early, some of them go later. Moral reasoning tends to rise through most of adulthood, and research indicates that it reverses very late in life. Your moral reasoning will reverse very late in life. It's all rob a bank and have an affair or what's what's that all about.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna have to ask my slaves if they agree very late in life, you're a little late in life. I think. I think you're just a bad person if you got slaves at this point, well guilty. Yeah, isn't all this rings true?
Speaker 3: I mean, it's interesting that they came up with different terms, or more specific terms for the aspects of wisdom. I'm not sure we need all of them, but it's interesting to hear it broken out. I mean, you just you have so many case studies, not only your own, but those of close friends and relatives, and they're experience eriences, and you just here, you're like a much more experienced surgeon.
Speaker 6: Yes, Michael, maybe that's why so many old people say whatever's on their mind, because they have no more moral reasoning.
Speaker 2: I don't know, is a case of the efforts the same as moral reasoning, yeah, or you.
Speaker 1: Know, combines in some cases.
Speaker 2: But yeah, well, Katie and I were talking earlier when you were gone. Just some of this stuff really flies in the face of why do we have eighty year olds running the country.
Speaker 1: Oh on, some of these, some of these, but right, I.
Speaker 3: Got a bunch of old guys running the country, and their financial literacy appears to be there is none.
Speaker 2: Emotional intelligence climbs through midlife before tapering off. Based on research comparing age groups older adults, this is a financial one. I guess older adults are about twice as likely as younger adults to avoid the sunk cost fallacy, the habit of throwing good money after bad hmmm, twice as likely at like you would be at thirty of understanding. Now, you know this turned out to be a bad idea, Let's just move on, as opposed to well we've come this far, we better keep spending more.
Speaker 1: Money, right, Yeah, yeah, I would agree.
Speaker 3: Again, it's a question of having lived through that sort of thing a couple of times and realizing, Okay, this is really disappointing, but we have to admit it's a loser and move on.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's interesting that they that they separate out financial intelligence, where it might just be all wisdom there, it's just accumulated knowledge, and yeah, personality also matures with age. Conscientiousness and emotional stability, which are the two traits that are most strongly linked to career success and life satisfaction according to this study.
Speaker 1: I have to say that again.
Speaker 2: So the two traits most strongly linked to career success and life satisfaction. Which I don't know about you, but having a satisfying life is way up on my list of priorities.
Speaker 1: Who's ass you kiss? That's the most It's not who you know, it's who you be. Wow.
Speaker 2: Conscientiousness and emotional stability are the two traits you need for life satisfaction. That makes sense, But both increase from early adulthood well into your fifties and sixties, so that's good. Researchers waited these various dimensions and created a composite intexs tracking overall functioning and overall functioning peaks between fifty five and sixty, with clear declines emerging about sixty five to seventy. So I got a few years left before, I mean, because I'm barely functioning now, I got a few yearly chairs left before it really starts to crash.
Speaker 1: True pressure, You don't You don't get much time to enjoy your peak, do you.
Speaker 2: No, Well, we're not designed to live past that right, really conscientiousness and emotional what was it stability?
Speaker 1: Stability? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Can that be translated as being beaten down or emotional stability? No, I'm fine, I've been kicked before. Well, it is true you get emotional stability.
Speaker 2: But I remember, God, quite a few years ago, I was proud of some reaction I had to something, and you said, it's just because you have lower testosterol. I fully admit that, which took all the fun out of it. But there is you do also gain emotional stability. Don't you think it isn't just low.
Speaker 1: Tea because a game.
Speaker 2: Again, because you've been through these situations before. This isn't the first time you've had a boss shoot off about something dumb or whatever situation, or you you get something in the mail from the tax board that's going to be a pain in the ass. It's not the first time any of these things have happens. You don't right quite get as crazy. Well, please if anybody disagrees with this. By the time you're playing in your third Super Bowl, you're focused on the game. You're focused on doing your job and a way you can't be the first times think about raising kids. The second kid versus the first kid. I mean think about share. Yeah, the just the you know, the first time your first kid falls down and binks their head versus when you get into the second kid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they dout there, They're fine.
Speaker 3: Getting back to the testosterone thing, though, What what you need to remember, I think, or maybe you don't, I don't know, is that virtually everything we think, everything we do is chemicals slashing around in our brain and the spark of the divine.
Speaker 1: But and I believe in free will.
Speaker 3: I believe we have a certain amount of control over how we're.
Speaker 1: Going to react, and you work to develop that.
Speaker 3: But I mean, yeah, so of course different levels of different chemicals is going to affect the way.
Speaker 1: You approach life. It's it's it's obvious, it has to be.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I'm just trying to claim that any any growth I've had is not all because I have lower Tiptoughton.
Speaker 1: No, not at all. I would never say credit for some growth.
Speaker 3: Right. Well, I think that that discretionary part I was talking about that absolutely grows because you've gone through it once when you lost your head, you've gone through it another time where you didn't lose your head, and you're thinking, yeah, I'm staying calm again this time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then when he leaves for the day, I'll take a poop on his desk and whatever it takes. Vengeance. Vengeance is fine. A little sugar in the gas tank, take care of that probably. Yeah, served cold, right, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Huh, good luck breaking down on the freeway on the way home.
Speaker 1: That's why you had it.
Speaker 2: When you get older, the fact that you're like super quick thinking cognitive reasoning drops after twenty Wow, that's early in life. Yeah, yeah, so kind of wrapping enough studies. Studies cited by the authors show that people typically earn their highest salaries and reach peak occupational prestige between fifth in fifty five. It's not just because you've been around the company for a long time or blah blah blah. It's actually when you've got the most accumulated knowledge and emotional stability.
Speaker 1: And all those sorts of things. Yeah, and shirt you're most likely to do a good job at it. Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: Now, the fact, as it says here, that the leaders of many political countries are in their seventies or eighties, is not Yeah, these are all averages, though, of course, I mean just flat out on the face of it. Obviously, Donald Trump's brain is different than Joe Biden's brain.
Speaker 3: Flat absolutely true. Yeah, And it strikes me that in a lot of your tech industries, for instance, your tech companies, they're run by vunderkins, these young phenoms who are not fifty five years old when they have their greatest success. Is that because there is no accumulated knowledge to be.
Speaker 1: Had in their fields socific to that field.
Speaker 3: I mean, management is management, dealing with people is dealing with people. But maybe energy and willingness to work eighty hours a week and not being tied to any sort of quote unquote accumulated wisdom, maybe that explains it.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean, because you'd think it a Sam Altman, for instance, would hire a gray haired CEO and say, I'll just worry about the innovation stuff you're on the company.
Speaker 2: But that's not the way it goes. The fifty five year old CEO would say, what are we doing? What's the point of this?
Speaker 1: What is this?
Speaker 3: I keep telling you it's AI AI Artificial intelligence.
Speaker 1: All right, robots.
Speaker 2: The fact that my moral compass may go south on me and my old age, that's got me a concerned one the sort of high jinks I'll be up to.
Speaker 1: How bad could it get? How far off the rails will I get exactly?
Speaker 2: If you have any thoughts on any of that, you should text her email interesting stuff.
Speaker 1: We'll finish strong next arm Strong. Hey, Yetti.
Speaker 7: One thing you could say about Donald Trump, though he has a vivid imagination, he has created a dangerous organization to get the old people excited and fired up, a super villain called Antifa.
Speaker 1: And we are going to.
Speaker 5: Find and charge all of those people who are causing this chaos in Portland and all these other cities across our country.
Speaker 7: And if we can't find them, we're gonna pretend we did. Antifa is just short for anti fascists.
Speaker 1: It's not a club you can join. There are no membership dues.
Speaker 7: There's no chaos in Portland, none. There is no chaos in Chicago. There was no chaos in Los Angeles. They're pretending there's chaos as a pretense for a military takeover.
Speaker 1: Wow. Wow, that's comedian Jimmy Kimmel. Wow. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Now I'll admit that chaos in Portland is fairly you know, tight geographically. Yeah, I mean, there's this sort of chaos that rampant crime and drug abuse and bums and junkies brings. But the violent protests, yeah, are in a fairly small place. But so we let the federal courthouse or facility be burned down and all the agents beaten down by a mob.
Speaker 1: But we saw them.
Speaker 2: Chaos is chaos, Jimmy. But we saw the chaos in Los Angeles that clearly existed, and Chicago is what Chicago is. But well, that's a heck of a thing for him to say, and that whole Antifa doesn't exist theme, Yeah, what is that?
Speaker 3: They?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 3: I think and I've been a victim of this at times in my younger days before I developed the wisdom we're talking about last segment, where you have sources you trust and they state something unequivocally and you see he hit a handful of times and you think, you know what, that's good enough. I'm not going to acquire personal knowledge or look into it. If the New York Times just told me and MSNBC that Antifa doesn't exist, I'm going to state.
Speaker 1: It as fact as if I know it.
Speaker 3: Person.
Speaker 1: That's true. I mean, that's what we all do.
Speaker 2: And what else you gonna do independently verify every study story you come across.
Speaker 1: I mean it's hard to life every single one.
Speaker 3: Yes, but yeah, that's that's an utterly ridiculous thing to say. It just means anti fascist. It's not a club you can join. Jimmy, you're an idiot. You are funny, but you really are unqualified for what you are now doing, not not in terms of intelligence, in terms of effort.
Speaker 2: Well, what's interesting is that they, like Jimmy Fallons, decided I'm going to make my living because I can like sing and dance and tell jokes m M, and I don't need to wait into politics. But Jimmy Kimmel and Stephen Colbert who are incredibly talented, Stephen Colbert especially, uh, doesn't need to do politics.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but they just.
Speaker 3: Want to fix the world or I don't know what they've Yeah, they sincerely think this is really important for their time. And they're either so self righteous or you know, honestly concerned that they think, I'm going to make this part of my act and if it doesn't work, it doesn't work.
Speaker 1: But it's that important.
Speaker 2: There was no chaos in Los Angeles, I know, really crazy.
Speaker 3: Right next they're going to tell us that whole cop City thing in Atlanta where Antifa was showing up strong. There's no chaos at cop City in Atlanta.
Speaker 1: Well, there's Jack again, there's Joe Man. It's time to pase the show with the help of Kadie Green and Michael Langelo. They're my friends, they're like them and then they're on our rady young So let's.
Speaker 2: They're they're finals thosk people they have to go.
Speaker 1: Well, that's creepy. Here's your host for final thoughts, Joe Getty.
Speaker 3: Let's get a final thought from everybody on the crew to wrap up the show for the day. There is our technical director, the Buttons, Mike Langelo. Michael, what's your final thought?
Speaker 6: You know, I'm really looking forward to getting older and older and losing my morals and saying whatever I can say. I've been sitting here thinking about it and smiling and smiling.
Speaker 3: Our esteemed newswoman, Katie Green has a final thought.
Speaker 2: Katie, that clip of the airport getting hacked. I'm really glad that I was not there because that would have just scared the hell out of me. No, me too, I would have wondered what is next? Clearly something has come off the rails here?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Is there about to be a bomb go off in here?
Speaker 2: Or what? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Wow? Jack, do you have a final thought you'd like to share? And it's funny.
Speaker 2: My thirteen year old regularly says, I can't wait till I'm old and can say whatever I want to people.
Speaker 1: It's like his dream.
Speaker 2: You can't wait till he's old you can finally speak his mind.
Speaker 3: You know what's sun It's every bit as good as your imagined.
Speaker 1: It's great.
Speaker 3: My final thought is I just got a little skin cancer surgery and I am going to have black eyes and some swelling stuff like that because it was right on the bridge of my nose. What is the best story I can tell about how I ended up with two black eyes? We'll take your submissions mail bag.
Speaker 1: At Armstrong in getdy dot com.
Speaker 2: You stood up for a woman who was being wronged by some dude in a bar or whatever.
Speaker 1: How about three dudes you weren't gonna let too much. Two dudes. You weren't gonna let him.
Speaker 3: Get away with it, right right? So I figured I got to tick out the big one first. That's how I'll start my story.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Getty wrapping up another grueling four hour workday.
Speaker 1: So many people, thanks, so little time. Go to Armstrong Geeddy dot com.
Speaker 3: We got a lot of great clicks for you there, including the hot links, Katie's Corner. Pick up some Armstrong Getty swag for your favorite a G fan. Maybe it's you in time for Christmas. The light hoodie so comfy, so useful during the autumn.
Speaker 1: I need to get one of those. I need a new one for the season. I'm gonna go to the.
Speaker 2: Website today, see tomorrow, God bless America.
Speaker 1: I'm strong and get you. This is fabulous. Perhaps you also know that hot Dog is my favorite meet and that was none of that did not come from a dog. But damn it, let's not play games with this. This is the United States. You're merit, for God's sake. Lie after lie after lie. Do not listen to the lies. This is what will happen to you. Necessary Okay, this is all crazy. Yep, that's enough of that. I thank you. Have a terrific day, Armstrong and Getty.