Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: Let's have a look at the stocks on the move today here in Europe. I'm Caroline Hepkit with Lizzie Burdono. We're joined by Bloomberg REPORTA Chloe Malake. Good morning, Chloe. Let's start with games for a gaming firm, Evolution.
Speaker 1: Tell us more about this business.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so Evolution, the online casino company, is having a very good day to day after approving a two billion euro share buy back. Obviously, investors always really enjoy your share buy a back, and so this is leading a big rebound in the shares after quite a bit of weakness recently for Evolutions. So it's dealing with a bunch of different challenges, but one of the main ones actually is cyber attacks in its Asia business, which actually has forced Evolution to partially shut down some systems several times and continued to invest quite a lot into new security measures and more insurance. And so that means that although we have seen cells improving in Asia, it's quite a tentative recovery for evolution, there's still those challenges there, and then in Europe it's not doing great either. The latest earnings showed actually quite disappointing numbers for the European division, which was at least partly offset by quite good growth in Latin America. So there's quite a few challenges, quite a few hurdles for revolution. But in any case, the buyback was seen very positively and that really led the chares Hire this morning.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm also looking at Cranswick shares up five and three quarters percent.
Speaker 1: Do you want to put some meat on the bones of that move? That's great, Lizzie, thank you.
Speaker 4: So Cranswick yess a meat producer, So pretty good results from their company.
Speaker 1: All key metrics came in ahead of estimates.
Speaker 4: It said that performance was well ahead of its medium term targets as well. So it's been benefiting from having spent a lot of money into new facilities recently, but also because we've got this trend of high protein consumption as well, and so that's been really driving them on. For chicken, it seems in particular, we saw the poultry segment doing particularly well. There has been some challenges coming from the Middle East, as there is for obviously every single sector.
Speaker 1: We've got higher energy costs.
Speaker 4: And that means a higher factializer costs, higher feed costs, and then of course the macroeconomic uncertainty that we have might also mean a slightly weaker consumer spending. But Cransi said that it was monitoring the impact on the supply chain, that it was aware of potential disruption, but that the trading in this new financial year was actually very much in line with expectations so far. So it's aware of those potential challenges, but it has been dealing with it quite well so far. So for investors that's been seen as very reassuring, very encouraging, and that explains that that big jump in the chairs this morning.
Speaker 3: Okay, interesting now in terms of Diploma, a business here in London that does what laboratory, sign cerific equipment, all sorts of products.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so Diploma is one of those slightly obscure companies. Yeah, no, I love those, so not much name recognition, but doing very very well because it has exposure to a lot of very lucrative and markets like data centers, defense, life sciences, et cetera. So it makes things like seals, pumps, wires, cables, and it's been really benefiting from the very high levels of investments into AI, into the energy, transition into defense, et cetera. And it's just upgraded its guidance again, so some analysts have called it another exceptional performance. And so we're seeing the ches go even higher this morning after being up more than thirty percent this year. So it's part of a cohort of companies like Prismian, for example, which makes cables, an Italian company, or at last Copco in Sweden which makes air compressors and things like that. So companies that not a lot of people necessarily would know about, but that are a very key part of the chip making supply chain or the defense supply chain and are really key kind of behind the scenes beneficiaries.
Speaker 1: You're up quite strongly for Diploma this morning.
Speaker 3: Well, do you want to know what their tagline is? It chimes in in more places than you didn't match it. It's on Diploma of blc's website. Okay, we have learned something deep dive into the UK market.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news. On Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live. Catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.