Speaker 1: J WDW was was incredible by which WrestleMania. I made a vlog about it. You sang the national anthem, so well, thank you so much you doing that than like a lot of the things we do. People love WrestleMania.
Speaker 2: I want to go.
Speaker 1: It is so entertaining, is so fun. It also is like so impressive. These guys are guys and gals are flipping each other off like you've seen it obviously on TV. But how do they not get hurt? If only we had someone we could ask about about that? Only funny enough. Our next guest is a two time WWE World Champion, a WrestleMania headliner, ranked number one in the Pro Wrestling Illustrated five hundred. You also might know him from the Real World Dancing with the Stars, his reality series Miss and Missus, and now the new host of American Glad on Amazon Prime. Please welcome our guest, Love send our next victim in.
Speaker 3: Popping in just like that. You like my setup in a dude, so good professional? This is all me. Those are lights from Amazon. Those are lights from Amazon. This TV is just like Apple TV mirrored in like I got it all.
Speaker 4: You are in my house. This is my theater.
Speaker 1: You can give us your address or you can give us like a general area.
Speaker 4: I'm in Vegas, Vegas.
Speaker 1: I was you live in Vegas now?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: So I I just moved here about a year ago. And uh yeah, I mean I was in LA for a while. I mean we used to go to Unbreakable, right, Yeah, we.
Speaker 1: Used to work out together. Angrats on the sales I saw from your realtors relators instagrams me.
Speaker 4: He's all over it, He's all over that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it's been it's been a long time, Like it was seventeen months to get sell that house.
Speaker 4: But that house was so amazing, so incredible. You were in Westlake Village.
Speaker 3: So I was in LA for a while and then that like right by Unbreakable where we used to work out, and I was like my house kept on getting like burglarized.
Speaker 4: Like some on a live show.
Speaker 3: So you know how they always tell you when you're on Instagram, don't don't put out like where you are.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't, but my live show Monday Night Raw.
Speaker 3: And Friday Night SmackDown, people know exactly where I am.
Speaker 1: And was your family at home like any of these things happened.
Speaker 4: That's that's exactly what happened.
Speaker 3: So my mother in law was home and literally we can see like the burglars trying to get in.
Speaker 4: But I have a dog that was a Doberman.
Speaker 3: She passed away unfortunately, but she like saved my mother in law's life, like basically because there was like five people about to break in, but my dog scared them all away. They hopped over the fence. I had a huge fence too, by the way, like it was like legit, like I had everything. So I was like, all right, I'm about to have kids. I got to get out of here. So I moved to Austin. Did not like Austin, didn't like the weather, didn't like the traffic. Airport is literally like not directs ever, so I need directs because we travel every week with WWE. So then I moved back, found Westlake Village, found a guard gated community, was loving it there. And then my wife and I were just like, why are we paying so much in taxes? Like what are we doing? Like why don't we just move to a like a tax free state. And so we looked at Vegas and found this house that we absolutely loved. We we just love the bones of it. So my wife, basically the amazing decorator that she is, literally remodeled the whole house, made it look incredible, and now we sold the house in Westlake Village.
Speaker 4: We are happy and healthy in Las Vegas and got to listen.
Speaker 3: To your beautiful voice Joe at the at the Allegiant Stadium wrestling.
Speaker 4: By the way, can I just say this, I knew you had a good voice.
Speaker 3: I've always known you guys have great voices, right, but the national anthem is a whole nother world.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like, we don't like doing it, nor do we really ever do it. Yeah, it's one of the tougher songs to sing. It's actually a song that we wrote. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.
Speaker 4: I wasn't done complimenting. Yeah, awe.
Speaker 3: I was in awe at like, how well you did the national anthem at Allegiant Stadium for WrestleMania. It was incredible, dude, you should be really, I mean I was.
Speaker 4: I was proud. I was like, yeah, that's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: Well, it's very patriotic.
Speaker 1: Little backstory there for you is that we like, as a band, we've always said we would never were like we've we've done it once because I was like looking up, I'm like, when's last one is this? We're singing at the National Anthem during the George W. Bush administration, and right as we start were singing it by the way to the to the self Lawn self Laan for an Easter egg role that they host every year, and you see like like like dun Dum, like Darth Vader, just George W. Bush come out of the shadows behind Kevin. As we start singing, it's crazy and it's so funny, and we sound, let's just say, not great, and these I don't know what, I don't know. We were obviously nervous, and I think from that day we were like, we're never going to do this. This is not saying to do.
Speaker 4: Is it harder as a band or as individuals to do it? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think as a band it's tricky because you have to. Then you have the pressure of being like, all right, guys, now, let's harmonize.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you have it and.
Speaker 1: Usually it's a cappella and you're fighting this reverb and as you I'm sure know, and you deal with this all the time, Like in a place in a stadium where WrestleMania WW often takes place when you're on a microphone. You're not have headphones, you're hearing your voice. Do you I'm tell me if I'm wrong?
Speaker 2: Would you?
Speaker 1: I said, okay, we call you the miss.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm great. The miss is good, mister miss.
Speaker 1: When you're in a stadium like that, do you hear yourself led that like REVERBLEG slap back at you.
Speaker 3: So it's it's interesting because it's like, I guess I can talk to you guys about this because you actually know when you're in a theater, when you're in an arena, and you when you're in a stadium, it's completely different.
Speaker 1: Sound break it down for people at home. Break it down.
Speaker 3: So so I hosted the WWE Hall of Fame, which was in a theater. And in a theater, I can feel an audience because they're right, they're kind of right on top of you, right, they're like right there. There's maybe like a thousand people there, two thousand if you have, you know, a bigger theater, and you know you can feel the energy, you can hear the energy when you're in an arena. It's it's a whole nother thing because it's it's it's all the way you're playing to the last person in the last row, right, That's what our goal is. Because then when you're in a stadium, it bounces back, so you the crowd reaction. And that's what I'm always listening to whenever I'm in a like in a match, like, I'm listening to the audience to hear where they are. Okay, I need to do X, Y and Z to get them to where I need to be to either start this comeback, go for my finisher, do certain things. So I'm always thinking, always listening to an audience to get them where they need to be. And so for an arena, it's simple because that's where we've we've basically known and we know. But when we go to the stadium, it's a completely different element. You've got to actually wait like a beat for them, because usually it starts in the front and then it elevates to the back and by the time it gets to the back, that's twenty twenty seconds, thirty seconds, and so you kind of got to wait for it and hear it back. So when I was cutting a promo, it's like hello, you know, it's like you hear that kind of echo if you will.
Speaker 5: That happened to me when we were doing it an award show and I was on the mic and I literally my voice back and I.
Speaker 2: Started and it just like slowed down.
Speaker 5: My cor and Nick were like, and I'm like, I just started melting and then I started sweating.
Speaker 2: And then it was terrible.
Speaker 1: She had had a big fight about it.
Speaker 2: Joe got so mad at me. I'm like, I'm sorry. It was like I couldn't do anything about it.
Speaker 1: Again.
Speaker 2: It was like that over me, like messing up on live TV. Also, she's the one that's embarrassed.
Speaker 1: We should probably say this too, that the Mizz and me and Nick I believe we go way back. We used to train out a gym in l A called Unbreakable Yep, back in the golden days. My wife was there as well. It was above. It was a pink taco was the strangers. I went there with you once think tacos no more. I just closed down. It's like the pink, greasy tacos and and go up there and work out crazy.
Speaker 4: What's that place?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: Literally it was like t O would walk in Sylvester Stallone like and it's in this hole in the wall gym.
Speaker 4: That is just like in the back of a pink taco. But it was amazing.
Speaker 3: Like the trainers, the trainers for second and none, Like I still talk to Matt Blank all the time.
Speaker 4: Yeah too about but he's in Hawaii.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I called him mister because I was trying to work out and he's like, I'm like, hey, are you in town in La?
Speaker 2: I have the morning He's like, I'm in.
Speaker 1: Hawaii, And I was like, oh, Timmons on his his near his near forty fitness journey at the moment again getting shredded. He's getting shredded.
Speaker 4: Good free, I'm forty five, now forty five.
Speaker 1: Tips? Give me. Actually, let's break it down. How often are we training? Miss? What do you watch show?
Speaker 4: I train at least three times a week. Uh.
Speaker 3: Usually it's like weight training three times a week, cardio like on let's do like three a three and then a twelve incline and for like thirty minutes on a treadmill on a treadmill. Yeah yeah, yeah, you know, it's it's really easy. But everything that's my that's like my cardio. But I do three times a week with weight training. But then you know what I did, I got my blood tested and that was a very big deal. Like you kids, Joe and Nick don't have to worry about this. Me and Kevin have to figure this stuff out because we get tired.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: Like I've got two girls that are six and eight that are literally like, yeah, I mean it's it's a lot of work, right, So sure, I need energy, I need everything. So I got my blood tested and they were just like, look, you're you're you're low on vitamin D. You needed to get your your fish oils DHEA as well as a one a day. And since I've been doing that, like I feel great, Like I really do, Like I'm I wow.
Speaker 2: The supplement thing is awesome when you.
Speaker 3: Really and so you when you get your blood tested, you find out what you're deficient in and what you need basically for your body to activate at an optimal level. And so I've been working with a ways too well down in a done in Austin, and They've just been like literally picking up my energy. And I've been feeling great. And I'm forty five and I'm still traveling each and every week, still doing Friday Night SmackDown on the USA Network hosted American Gladiators, which is now on Prime I mean, it's literally a NonStop not to mention being trying to be the best husband, trying to be the best father. I think we all know what it's like to have like so many hands in different jobs and different things, but also wanting to be the best dad and best husband you could possibly be.
Speaker 5: So what do you think your biggest thing is being that busy like you are traveling, Like how you make yourself feel present when you're at home with the family and the girls.
Speaker 3: It's a lot of phone right, Like I feel like nowadays, like even I catch myself doing it and in my wife and I'll be like, God, I'm so sorry. I've just been on my phone trying. Everyone's texting me, Hey, what are you doing this? You need to get this done? Hey, can you got time for this? Do you have just And I'm like, oh my god. But then I'm just realizing I'm like, set the phone down, Mike, get in the pool with your daughters, hang out with them. That's all they want to do is play with you, Go wrestle with him. Take them to jiu jitsu, which I started. I brought him to jiu jitsu because I saw, like on a podcast, like they were like, look, when your daughters get older, they need to defend themselves, and with jiu jitsu they'll be able to defend themselves if they have the right technique with a three hundred pound man.
Speaker 4: And I'm like, all right, I got to get him at jiu jitsu.
Speaker 3: So now when I take him to jiu jitsu, I bring him back home and we come Actually, like right there, there's a big like kind.
Speaker 1: Of cool I was wondering, like if you have a setup at home.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like a carpet area right there that literally we wrestle now. Oh, So I listened to what the teacher teaches them, and then we go home and I implement them on them and try to get them kind of locked in and knowing what exactly it is. It's a blast and they love it. They love wrestling, believe it or not shockingly like you know, but every time, every time I tell them, I'm like, all right, before we wrestle, you got to lock up. So I teach them, like the number one thing you learn in WWE, for if you're learning the artifessional wrestling, it's all how to lock up. So when you first start circling the ring, we lock up boom, So I teach them how to lock up, so they always have to lock up with me, and they always have to try to put me in a sleeperhole because they know how to do a sleeperhole. So if any boys are in the you know, kindergarten or second grade that mess with them, they don't wan to choke them out.
Speaker 1: That's sick.
Speaker 3: Are your girls in anything? Like do you guys have them in any sports or any type of stuff like that? Like are they into singing? Do they love what you guys do? Do they know what you guys do? Because my daughters could care less I'm w W rasslo or that that I'm a host of American gladiators.
Speaker 4: They don't care my daughters.
Speaker 1: She's four, she's getting into horseback riding the moment.
Speaker 4: WHOA are you nervous on that?
Speaker 1: No, the instructor is amazing and really patient and you know, has their hand on her the whole time. She's fearless. She just gets on and she's very fearless.
Speaker 4: I think you guys are probably more fearful than or maybe mom. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Adults know too much. We know too yes, yeah, but it's it's wild she's not really taken to combat sports yet. But I think what you're saying about jiu jitsu is great. So when I was training at Unbreakable back in the day, I was doing this TV show Kingdom, which was all about you know, MMA fighters and that whole world, and I got really into jiu jitsu at that time and found out to be a really helpful tool for a generally smaller guy to you know, have a shot verset kind of bigger opponents.
Speaker 4: Lock up.
Speaker 1: So hold on on that front, though, who's the who's the best lock up or like partner you've had in a fight, in a match.
Speaker 4: Oh like in wrestling.
Speaker 3: So I would say John Cena has taught me the most nice out of anyone in w W. E. When I first started in w W, nobody liked me because I was off the Real world, which was wildly popular, probably before you guys were almost act.
Speaker 5: I got to say it earlier, like, I was so impressed actually back in the day watching that show than the real world. But you always said I'm I'm gonna be I'm gonna be a wrestler, I'm a wrestler, I'm gonna be the myss like you were you had your character, you knew who you were, and you like manifested it, you made it become real.
Speaker 4: You did it.
Speaker 1: And I think that that's just the power of knowing like who you are as a person. Everyone and it's always like classic you just keep watching this happen, right, Like somebody will come from a different side of of of an industry or from a show or a musician and they'll step into another into the ring or somewhere and they're gonna be the first person they get shipped on and no one's gonna believe him. But obviously tales old at time. So you were saying John Cena, which I got to meet John for the first time as well. You know, there's a lot of legends that day wrestle Mania that it's just I just was stayed in one place and I'm meeting all these people a bit I did fair Girl, but I actually I'm meeting John was quite funny because I've never I'm pretty I think I really respect him, especially what he's he's done with his film career. Yes, and make a wish and make a wish, But I'm sorry you were saying you've learned a lot from him or he taught you a lot.
Speaker 3: So when like when we were talking about the real world, like, yeah, the Miz didn't come like it came from the real world, but like I didn't mean to do that, right, Like it was just uncomfortable being in New York City, seven strangers picked to live in a house to have a job.
Speaker 4: I was uncomfortable, And what do you do when you're uncomfortable?
Speaker 3: I drank and uh, basically like partied and just created a character called the Miz that would tell everyone exactly how they felt whenever they wanted to. And so everyone started liking that. And I've always wanted to be a wrestler, but I was never thought I was big enough. Like I'm six foot nothing, two hundred zero pounds. These guys were larger than life, Like if you look at American gladiators in WWE, these were my shows and they were larger than life. They were heroes. I never thought I could.
Speaker 1: Actually and some of these legends that are just massive dudes.
Speaker 3: When so when I tried out for the real world and made it, I was like, wait a second, you're telling me if I try out for something and I have a goal, I can actually do it.
Speaker 4: If I find the right tools for it.
Speaker 3: So I remember looking on Yahoo being like, all right, where do I find a wrestling school?
Speaker 4: Found one in La.
Speaker 3: Got acting classes, improv classes I started doing, I got a nutritionist, started working out. I was finding all the tools that I could possibly find to become a professional wrestler. But then when I got there, like three years later, you thought WWB like, oh my god, yes we want this guy.
Speaker 4: They didn't.
Speaker 3: Hollywood didn't want me because when you're on a reality show back then, you're in no talent hack like you were on television. You were living your life in front of a camera. That's all you're good for it. You're not good for anything else. But then it was crazy because I got on a show called Tough Enough, which is another reality show, but you could win a w contract. Didn't win the contract, but in press the execs so much that they gave me a developmental contract. Went through developmental system, got to WWE. Everybody hated me in the locker room. Nobody wanted me there, nobody wanted to teach me. John Ceno was one of the people that literally brought me in and always kind of gave me a nod, right, gave me that whenever I was in the ring, teach taught me how to become a main event superstar and that it's it's very difficult. There's a whole different level of people wrestling, and it's it's like bands, right, you have new up and coming bands that are trying to get out, and then you have you guys who are like literally stadiums, arenas wherever you guys want to go, sold out everywhere. You guys know how to perform in these main event caliber like people want to pay to see you. The reason they want to pay to see you is because you know how to conduct an entire like concert that literally people will pay for. That's exactly what a WWE main eventter does. And so John taught me how to do that. And then I became WWE champion beat him in the main event of WrestleMania.
Speaker 4: No big deal.
Speaker 3: No, But but then this year I got to be in the ring with him again. He retired this year, but I mean, unbelie I know, he came back as the host and to be in the ring with him again, that was great.
Speaker 1: I love seeing that.
Speaker 4: It was it was great, it was it was a.
Speaker 3: Fun moment and it was a very Johnson the Miz type of interaction as always, So he's always been a person that's been great to meet. Randy Orton was another one that taught me a lot who's still in the business and is literally one of the goats to this day. So it's always good to get in those guys in the ring, especially now now I'm in this element where I've been in WWE for like twenty years and I'm teaching the new up and coming people how to become what John Cena did. Do you guys do that for other bands? Sorry for taking over, but I'm here about you guys as well.
Speaker 1: I want to respond with the same kind of question. I mean, we meet a lot of young musicians that are always you know, asking us, hey, like give me some advice, and I kind of ask a question back, Mike, why do you want to do this? And if it's like oh, especially I find a lot of what social media can kind of like create, it's like, oh, because I want to be famous, I'm like, well, I don't know if this is for you then, because the fame side comes with a lot of can become with a lot of negativity and hate, and you got to have thick skin. If you could do it, because you wake up and it's all you think about and you go to it, it's all you think about. Then Like yes, like just write as much as you can. Writing's not your strong suit. Play play an instrument. Surround yourself with great people. So I would ask you the same question, like if somebody wants to get into wrestling or if you I'm sure you meet a lot of people, what's your advice for these young people? You said you twenty years congrats is incredible. We're also celebrating twenty years. Funny enough. Yeah, So for you, like if if somebody's trying to get into wrestling right now, professional wrestling, like, how would they even go about it in like this day and age.
Speaker 3: So the way, we have a performance center and they have tryouts all the time. It's called NXT Performance that are down in Orlando and we have tryouts all the time. You can find that out on WWE dot com. They always are are looking for the next WWE superstar. And that's a good way. But to piggyback off of what you're saying about fame, they want fame and fortune. If you don't have the love for what you're doing. You will not make it because you will not put the work that involves. Like, nobody sees us how much how much work it is to be a Jonas brother. Nobody sees the work that it is to be a WWE superstar. No one understands what we have to go through on a daily base. And granted, it's awesome the stuff we get to do it, it's amazing. The fans are incredible, But you don't see the insights and the work that it takes.
Speaker 4: This sacrifices on your body.
Speaker 2: Yet that alone, at energy level you're talking about is real.
Speaker 1: Oh dude, No, it doesn't seem that physical.
Speaker 2: I'm excited.
Speaker 1: I've been trying to convince these guys. Jo's hook.
Speaker 4: Now are you going to get involved?
Speaker 1: You should do something if you need my help in any way.
Speaker 4: I do have a problem with Dan Housen right now, who is basically cursing everyone.
Speaker 2: Did you ever give you?
Speaker 5: Okay, I have a segue here. I actually have a question about that from one of our listeners. These are from Ryan and he's a huge fan. He said, some real nerds is coming in here right now.
Speaker 1: So here we go.
Speaker 2: Did Dan Housen ever return your daughter's bike.
Speaker 4: No he didn't.
Speaker 1: He stole that's messed up.
Speaker 3: See, thank you. This is what I'm talking about. Everyone else is like laughing about it and saying this is great, this is amazing. They're getting entertained by it.
Speaker 1: He got a problem with me too.
Speaker 4: Then Look he said, I curse you like he gives everyone a curse like you are cursed.
Speaker 1: No, the cursing thing, it's gotta go. Nobody wants a curse on them, especially do you take my kid's bike. I don't believe in curses.
Speaker 2: You're cooked here, we're here for you. If you need some back, thank you.
Speaker 3: I'm sure the man has the man who's broken into my house. He has stolen my daughter's bike. He a referee claimed that he got a cramp so he couldn't count to three, and I would have won the tag team titles with Kit Wilson. But because the referee said he was cursed and got a cramp in his arm, he couldn't count to three, he couldn't.
Speaker 4: Do his job and SmackDown. I was blown up.
Speaker 3: I was blown up, and the crowd was applauding it, applauding it during a match. By the way, mind you. These are the things that Dan Housen is doing to me that people are cheering for. Yeah, you guys gotta watch because he might you. I don't believe in the curse. Some people believe in curses.
Speaker 1: Bringing on. I know Jesus can't be cursed.
Speaker 4: That real.
Speaker 1: Praise a lot. We'll be I'll put me in the ring. Bro I'm there. I got your back. I'll be there. You have no problem there Nis. Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Congratulations on everything. It's a huge honor to meet you.
Speaker 1: We're getting that bike back.
Speaker 4: Thanks guys, thank you so much for I'll see you