Speaker 1: So far My crew is probably the most insane game I played.
Speaker 2: You know, boy genius Brandon s Daily called the time out. I don't know if you I didn't know if you guys were gonna go and did you guys? Were you guys gonna let it ride out? We are talking about the almost tie game Chargers versus the Raiders with Max Crosby. You guys were extremely hyped in this game. I mean, this is win getting.
Speaker 1: Probably the best game of the year Week eight team winner, get in rival. It's literally everything on the table. We were thinking about doing the tie, like we're gonna make the playoffs? Whatever?
Speaker 2: What do you think they were thinking?
Speaker 1: I don't know, And the Chargers took the time out.
Speaker 2: And it was such a Raider win. Oh yeah, the world, fuck the tie. This isn't soccer.
Speaker 1: No. If I'm at my best and I'm doing my at the highest level, then it doesn't matter what they did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're what they call a problem. What does it mean to be a Raider.
Speaker 1: It's about being one hundred percent of yourself like the bad boys back in Rick Mahorn, Phil Lambier days.
Speaker 2: Now in the division, who's your guys' arrival? Who do you hate the Most? Games with Names is a production of iHeartRadio. Welcome to Games with Names. On today's episode, we are talking about the almost tie game Chargers versus the Raiders from week eighteen of the two thousand and one season with Max Crosby. We get into talking about his off season, putting in work, the work dedication, his favorite all time, and what it's like being a pro athlete in Sin City.
Speaker 3: Also a little Danian Mandola Instagram talk.
Speaker 4: Oh, our favorite one of our full dolomit.
Speaker 2: We love your brother so smoking that guy, he sure is what is just a hunker Rooney hunker Rooney?
Speaker 4: Hey, he's no jauleven, but we love him.
Speaker 2: And then we get into doing our first top five that we were talking about top fives and top fives, and we go over the top five Adam Sandler Movies. Let's Go, Go Go. January ninth, twenty twenty two. Allegiance Stadium lies Vegas, Novada.
Speaker 1: With the tie, the Chargers and Raiders will both make the playoffs.
Speaker 2: It's thirty two thirty two, with less than a minute left in over time. Wait it branded stay just golled time out. This is almost.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Welcome to games and names. We got Max Crosby and we are talking about the almost tie game Chargers versus the Raiders, the almost tie game, Max Crosby, how you doing.
Speaker 1: Bro amazing? I appreciate you. Go on, get out of here.
Speaker 2: I mean mac Daddy. My guy's a mac Daddy. I went to Kents State. I played Eastern Michigan. I think we beat him like thirteen to twelve. It was. It was a barn burner.
Speaker 1: Yeah sounds about right. Yeah, no doubt.
Speaker 2: But how are you doing? What's off season?
Speaker 1: Looking like it's been great? Man? Just spend I had two surgeries, so been recovering. Get my knee right, thumb right about one hundred percent now a pretty close. So yeah, I had the bursa moves U see l surgery on the thumb. But I've been in Vegas training. Get into it. I'm out here for the week doing some Jordan stuff.
Speaker 2: So good after you've been Uh, I see you work out at the UFC facility right Uh? Now when did you start? Are you? Are you boxing? Because I saw you were boxing? Do you ever grapple with the guys to work on your hand combat? Is that part of your off season? Yeah?
Speaker 1: So majority of the stuff we do is boxing. I've been boxing for three years now, like we're actually boxing. But yeah, it's funny. I was just with uh with Glazer today and we're doing some uh you know, he does a little these hands on m M A grappling type type stuff like that, so we're able to do He gives you.
Speaker 2: Grab always, you know the grab where they always you know, you see the GM for the first time in the off season and he grabs you. How you doing the GM and yeah, because they want to see if you've been working.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was testing my grip strength and everything. But it was it's been awesome. It's the first time ever you know, worked at that gym. But been good after it. So you just signed with Jordan Brand. Just signed with Jordan Brand.
Speaker 2: Okay, we got a white guy with Jordan Brand.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, it's a big deal.
Speaker 2: That's that's that's a dope brand to work with. I almost signed with them, I think in eighteen, but they want me to get rid of my JA eleven stuff. I couldn't get rid of my JA eleven stuff.
Speaker 4: Man jumped true, he stayed true.
Speaker 2: Now, why'd you choose this game?
Speaker 1: This game specifically honestly, I think it was the most electric, most important, probably the biggest game of my life in my honestly, in my entire career so far. I mean, that was the first that was the only time I made the playoffs. I mean, the sickening is it is to admit that the first time, you know, winner get in rival week eighteen, it's literally everything on the table and we you know, it's probably the best game of the year. It was back and forth over time. It was crazy. So yeah, this is like I mean, this game was so far in my career, was probably the most insane game I.
Speaker 2: Played it and it was such a raider win. Oh yeah, fuck the world. Yeah, fuck the tie. Yeah, you don't play This isn't This isn't soccer. No, okay, you know, boy genius Brandon Stay called the time out. I didn't know if you I didn't know if you guys were gonna go and you know, maybe let that thing right out. But what did you guys? Were you guys gonna let it ride out?
Speaker 4: Fuck No?
Speaker 1: And I didn't even hear about this. Oh yeah, they were thinking about doing a tie until after the game because we were in a position where, you know, we were close in field goal range, but if something fucking tragic happened they block it or something, we could lose the whole year. But I remember Rich on the sideline. He was, you know, going back and forth. What do we do here? And he's like, fuck it, just run this run this power one more time or whatever their play was, and Josh broke loose and got like twelve to fifteen yards and boom, now when field goal range. So honestly, it was a fuck you to the Chargers because they called the timeout and we were thinking about doing the tie, like taking a knee and I, fuck it, we're gonna make the playoffs whatever, But they called the timeout and we just said, fuck it, we're running another play and we got the first.
Speaker 2: Down, and what do you think they were thinking?
Speaker 1: I don't know, I don't know. I mean they're going.
Speaker 2: To try to get it back and you have a plus fifty punt and then like try to drive it down with like three.
Speaker 1: It made no sense, not one bit of sense.
Speaker 6: Staley said, we didn't have our right defense in there. He's got all the answers, a.
Speaker 2: Kodak timeout, a timeout, you got any you got any Stately stories.
Speaker 1: Stay stories I don't have any personal up close you know, anything like that, but I just know playing the Chargers the last couple of years, I mean, you expect just the craziest shit. I mean, even in that game, it was like the first or second quarter and they went for it on their own eighteen, and like we're like, what the fuck, Like we're sitting there, like they're not punting the ball. We're like, okay, I don't know what they're doing. Like there's a time and place. I understand aggression and okay, the analytics, but there's a time and place. I mean, biggest game of the year. He can't be going for it on fourth and eighteen or fourth down on your own eighteen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know. And then and then the next year, you know, they kind of change, they try to change, you know, you know what I mean, they were, we weren't doing it as much. I mean, it's it's honestly crazy to me that he called the timeout.
Speaker 1: It's wild.
Speaker 2: Now you see that Austin Eckler.
Speaker 4: Clip, the one after the game, after.
Speaker 2: The game where he's talking to the place.
Speaker 6: I think it was a long snaper, the Raider's long snapper, oh trep Yeah, yeah, And then like the internet took off with it because he like whispers to him and then like Eckler like rolls his eyes like no way, and everyone thought he was saying, we're playing for the time exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I probably saw it, but yeah, that's I mean, it's crazy.
Speaker 2: Now I want to jump into Texas though. So you're a Texas boy, yeah, Dallas, Texas. Did you go to one of those high schools that had the crazy stadiums and the crazy everyone just left town, the per Diem type shit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it's funny. I originally grew up in Michigan. I lived in Michigan Doll I was ten, so I was whoa Lapeer Michigan like country fucking Our high school is like tying, you know what I mean, it's different. I moved to Texas and it was like holy shit, and I played six A, like the highest division, fifteen thousand damn near in the crowd packed out, like whole parking lot is tailgating, and it was crazy. I mean, the environment was like nothing I've ever seen. And then I ended up going to Eastern and we had less fans my first at least my first two years, we had less fans of my college games. I'm like, what is this shit? There's no tailgate. We were like the worst teaming college football, and I was like, fucking high school was morelet than this, But we end up changing that.
Speaker 2: That's exactly I mean, I remember when I went to Kent State.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was the same thing.
Speaker 2: I mean, you're playing in front of three thousand people, maybe four thousand people in high school. These Texas kids. I mean, it's it's religion out there, and you know, but that's that's crazy to go for Michigan Texas and then your only offer was back to Eastern Michigan Michigan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and my whole family is from how come. I mean I was a late bloomer boom. Yeah, I was second I mean my senior year, I was second team All district. I was a late bloomer. I grew like four inches going into my last year of high school. So I mean I was a goober. I was a middle linebacker my whole life, my whole high school career, and then I'm six almost sixty five.
Speaker 2: That's why you're so good that because I was watching all your plays. You're always good with pullers. You know how to shed block or you use quickness, you got long arms, get into them. You know that's that linebacker shit.
Speaker 1: A little bit, I mean a little bit. It's just I feel like I don't know, I've just had to adapt. Like my senior year, I was just literally trying to figure out how to play d end and my freshman year. But honestly, the most important year of my career was my freshman year when I red shirted because I lost a bunch of weight. I got a lot more athletic. I was like filling into my body, and my coach was like, no, you're fucking red shirting. I wanted to play, but he's like, you're red shirting. So the whole year I just got to go on Scout team and fucking learn, like all right, this is how I'm gonna play. I'm try and spin moves, trying just all different type of shit. And I was winning Scout team Player of the Week every week, so I was like, this is dope, Like I can play d end and that's when I really fell in love with it. So yeah, it's kind of crazy how it worked out, but I mean, it all happen for a reason.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: Now, what do you think your best passion rush move is.
Speaker 1: I mean, my double swipe is like my my go to stef swipe, voodoo ride, whatever, double sweet double. Yeah, take it away a little bit. Yeah, there's a lot of things. I feel like my spin move, my outside spin move is when I can do it, it's dangerous.
Speaker 5: Why not.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of different things. I feel like I can do a lot of a lot of different moves at a high level.
Speaker 2: Though, for now, how do you work on those movies? Are you working on those moves? Because I remember I always play with defensive ends and you know, you walk down the hallway fucking robs, like walking.
Speaker 1: Passing every wall, door, corner. Yeah, that's a real thing, it is. Yeah, I can't walk in the room. I mean that's every time.
Speaker 2: We had Whitworth on stud I love God love that. And he would he would talk about he felt defensive ends didn't scout their tackles. Do you scout tackles? And like what their strengths are. He can always tell if a guy watched film on him or or or.
Speaker 1: Just throwing Yeah, no, I definitely do you know. I come from a I mean, my biggest influence as a coach has been Rod Marinelly and he probably heard of him. He had Warren Sap Julius Pepper's numerous Hall of famers. I had him my second and third year, and that was my last I mean this season right here. That was my third year, and that's where I took off. And that dude is all about watching your film. Like He's like, every lineman you go against a fucking gray face black, it's nothing. They're all the same. He's like, if you do what you're supposed to do, get off, pad, level hands, fight area. If you understand all the things you're supposed to do at the best of your ability and apply it, it doesn't matter who the fuck's in front of you, and it doesn't matter what they do, they're eventually gonna get broken, you know what I mean. So that's I watch film on other guys. Of course, I try to pick up during the week, all right, who's giving away past, who's given away? Run? What little things I can pick up. But majority of the film I'm watching is my own film on repeat. I watch my practices every night and then I'll watch a game or two games, and then okay, I'll throw on this guy versus you know whoever. But at the end of the day, I can't sit here and watch the Steelers versus Giants and expect them to block me the same way they block some other guys, because you can go into the plane. Okay, they're gonna do this and this, and then they fucking throw three people at me, you know what I mean. Like, we went to the Colts game. This, I mean, week seventeen. Robo comes up to me. Rob Ryan, one of the coolest fucking dads I've ever met, great coach. He comes up to me. All right, this is the week Colts don't they don't chip. They just they five man up. They're gonna man you and I got double team chip the whole game. Yeah, And I'm like, fuck, you know what I mean. But that's why, Like I can sit there and anticipate and think they're gonna do this and whatever. But for me, if I'm at my best and I'm doing my shit at the highest level, then it doesn't matter what they do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're what they call a problem. You know, if when I was playing, we were to ever play a guy like you. You're at that caliber where you're dedicating a thirty play clip in front of the whole team and the team meeting like one of the keys to victory, which is never usually a player. But Crosby's that kind of guy where he's a problem and you can see it in the run game. You can see it in the past game. They're sending chips running backs and I saw you get through three. Now it brings me with all what you just said, all those techniques and everything no one can stop you. That all has to change, and all those schemes and all that mindset changes when you're going against the Chiefs though, right because rushing Patrick Mahomes has got to be it's got to be different.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no doubt, no doubt. I mean that's the thing. Every week is a new I know, you know how it is.
Speaker 2: There's a division game though they know you, you know them, you know what they're doing, but you also know what the guy like him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what.
Speaker 2: You can't give him a gaping lane because and then he's gonna create. So you gotta be patient. You can't get back past the quarterback as the worst plays to be especially with him.
Speaker 1: It's a different it's a different battle. I mean, that's the that's the thing your division guys like I see Herbert, Mahomes, all these guys over and over again, and the teams, like you said, they know each other so well, and you know that your opponent, you know exactly what they're gonna do. But it's who's going to be more prepared and who had a better week leading up to that game, who took care of their body better. It's the littlest details I think that matter, and those type of matchups because you already know what the hell they're gonna do, and you're playing a guy like Mahomes, you cannot let him breathe, you know what I mean. You have to be on his ass the whole time. Herbert's the same way. You give Herbert a little bit of breathing room, he's gonna come back and make a play. So like we preach that all the time, and that's why we were able to beat you know, at the end of the year, we beat the Chargers, beat the Broncos, beat the Chiefs. It's because we didn't let up at all, Like we were on it from the go. We got a sack, we got two sacks first drive, and we just kept rolling. And that's what you know, what you got to do with those type of quarterbacks.
Speaker 2: Now in the division. Who's your guys rival? Who do you hate the most?
Speaker 1: And is it the Chiefs.
Speaker 2: Because they've just been running it for a while, or is it who's who's your.
Speaker 1: I mean, I hate them all. I will say that I hate the Chiefs. I hate them all in different ways. You know. The Chargers are like when their things are going well, everyone's like, oh my god, they're gonna put their front runners. We know who they are, we know who they are, and I'm gonna just be real and they know what it is. They're front runners. So yeah, they're that Chiefs. They earned it. I mean they're the best in the league. Three super Bowls. Everybody has their own opinions. They hate certain things about the Chiefs, but I respect the shit out of them until we do something about it and beat them. I mean I gotta I gotta tip to cat to them. They're doing it right now. But I do this year. Yeah, I mean, that's that's type of ship. I mean, we beat them. I beat them twice in ten times, so I can't say shit about them. I mean, I respect them, though. I definitely I love playing them. I love playing my homes. I love playing the best. It's fucking awesome. But yeah, we hate the Chiefs in a different way. They're a little bit more and they know they're that team, so they carry themselves a certain way. And then the Broncos. I mean it's a different type of hate as well. I mean I love playing the Broncos. They're probably my favorite team, to be honest, I love playing the Broncos. I've I mean, you know, every time we play them, I know it's it's about to be a big day.
Speaker 2: You don't feel the altitude up there.
Speaker 1: It's my favorite place to play my high Yeah, for some reason, I don't know, since I was a rookie, it's been my favorite place. It's different. Fucking in the mountains. You drop to drive up is like it was beautiful, it's about to go down. So yeah, I don't know what it is about there, but I love playing in Denver, and I just love playing the Broncos in general.
Speaker 2: So I fucking hated it what we lost to AFC Championships and got Damn Denver, Damn those goddam we were banking on snowy days. They were like seventy five and sunny in February and January. Who are some of the pass rushers you looked up to growing up or or who inspired you to get in this? Not get in this, but who did you model your game after?
Speaker 1: You know, my two biggest inspirations when I was a kid growing up where you know, I was a linebacker my whole life. But as far as d Lineman, I grew up a Lions fan. So Dominican Sue. He was my favorite player. The way he played nasty, mean, didn't give a damn what it was like. He was just murdering people out there. I love watching Sue. And then the other one was JJ. I love the way JJ played. He played the running pass similar and he was making just as many players in the run game as past game. And that's something that I think is super important. And that's how I feel like separates myself is that I'm making shit ton of TFLs and plays in the run game and a lot of guys are just waiting for third down so they can get it up, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Like, No, that's good to hear. Yeah, that's good to hear from a star, you know, because you know, it's not easy being in every down end, Like like you said, guys that wait for that third down. They got this package, they're arrested. They they're not in every play like you know, there's some badass motherfuckers that do that. But it's it's like a relief picture.
Speaker 4: Of course, only that.
Speaker 2: Starter that goes finished a complete game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, complete inner, there's only a very select feel for Sorry, we'll.
Speaker 2: Be right back after this quick break. You're a Spider Man guy.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not into I wasn't really into that type of show when I was a kid. I like UFC and crazy shit like that. I wasn't into Marble and all. Yeah, like that's cool, like but I mean after the Toby Maguire one, I was like, all right, I'm good with this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because this is a segment we do is where we go back in time. Let's go back around January tenth, twenty twenty two, now when we have like the we did, like the immaculate reception. We're talking like sixties. I mean this is two years ago, so this is you know, this is pretty new that that Spider Man movie is good for the kid though. You know a girl, dad, you know the little kid. It's it's a cartoon, right, yep? Is that cartoon No, that's not the cartoon. Wait is that the Tom Holland one of them Spider Man? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, my bad, I'm thinking the Miles Morales. W I'm sorry about that.
Speaker 2: Is this where Rianna revealed she was pregnant at halftime show?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 4: This was uh no, no, no sorry? This was her first kid with a SAPs John.
Speaker 2: Remember John Madden died two weeks You remember that dudeend legend.
Speaker 1: No I didn't get to meet him. Man, Yeah, that dude's an icon, absolute icon.
Speaker 2: Now what what does it mean to be a Raider?
Speaker 1: I mean there's a lot of definitions. For me, it's about being one hundred percent yourself, being like the bad boys back in back in the Rick mo Horn Bill Ambier days. That's what I fell in love with immediately, Like when I got drafted by the Raiders, I'm like, that makes sense, you know what I mean, especially that time in my life I was figuring out who I was and going through a lot of shit, and I'm like, this makes too much sense. So yeah, being a Raiders just being different, being unapologetic about who you are, and that's what you know AP preaches heavy. It's like, be who the fuck are gonna be. It doesn't mean be a psycho or be crazy, but at the same time, like, don't be don't shy away from who you are. So I think it gives a lot of guys a lot of confidence out there.
Speaker 2: Who's the mount Rushmore of the Ray Wow, the Mount Rushmore Wow?
Speaker 1: Just players or coaches?
Speaker 2: The Raider Nation way.
Speaker 1: You gotta put Al Davis number one, Al Davis number one, you gotta put John Madden taking I mean two coaches you got to I mean, they've changed the whole game. And then players. Shit, I want to say my person, I have to go Charles Woodson, nice teammate, Charles Watson, legend. This is I mean, that's gonna pass somebody off. I literally, Howie Was. I have to go Howie. I mean, I have to go Howie. He's a fucking great dude. Legend too. He's awesome.
Speaker 2: Have you seen his movie Broken Arrow Broken?
Speaker 1: No, he's got a movie.
Speaker 2: Well, he was in a big time. He was a movie star. How long is a movie star? Like in the nineties, he walked away. He walked away from it because he didn't like doing the football pre game and doing Hollywood. He wanted to spend something. He was like in the rut of being an NFL football player where you're not spending time with your family, so he gave up Hollywood.
Speaker 1: Damn.
Speaker 2: He was doing like some big time movies with like.
Speaker 4: John Travolta, Christian Slater.
Speaker 1: Christian Slater. See, I need to do my research. That's insane. I know he was a huge star back in the day, but I didn't know he was a movie How told you? I'm twenty six, twenty six, Yeah, twenty six.
Speaker 2: Man, he's in the prime, got paid, He's gonna get another couple contracts. Now, what's up with these the Raiders fans? You're you're now you you were you were there during the transition from Oakland. Because I grew up in the Bay, I was a Niners fan. I started liking the Raiders a little when Jerry went over. I always loved Tim Brown legend, you know, you always like I loved rich Gannon because he was doing all that side arm shit. But you know, I grew up a Niners fan, so I can't give it all to the Raiders. But I remember my parents when we went and played the Raiders in like twenty ten. When you went into the Oakland or Oakland Stadium, like, and you were an opposing fans or opposing teams Jersey Like my parents had to be like, yo, we're from the Bay Area. That's our son, he's playing. You know, we gotta you know, just let everyone know. Have you had any crazy fan interactions with these guys.
Speaker 1: I mean definitely, there's I mean, Raider fans are everywhere. I mean, anywhere you go, there's gonna be Raider fans, but Oakland Raider fans are different. I mean, it was a fucking shit show. Like you're trying to pull out of the parking lot like after games and there's fans just smacking on your windows and going crazy, and it was just different. I mean, there's a million stories I could say. There's one guy, I mean that sat outside of the facility, Like there was a group of these people every day they're waiting there sign autographs, and then eventually you're like, Okay, the same guy is fucking here every single day. And so there's just one guy. I'm not gonna expose him, but I'm slightly exposed, and he knows who he is. This fucking guy. I know, I hope you're watching. But he had a very unique. You knew he stood out in the crowd. I'll just say that. We end up finding out you know, hey, man, I got you both. You always had a good excuse for why he needed this thing. And then we found his fucking his website. He had a full blown memorabilia page all our ship. So I went up the next assaid what is this and he looked at me like he saw a ghost. And I was like, come on, bro. I'm like, I will sign for anybody. I'll sign for any grandma child whatever. I'm like, but come on, bro, be better. I'm like, what are we doing.
Speaker 2: That's new to the world.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: Sometimes you go some places and they'll send the kids.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you can.
Speaker 2: Always you can always kind of know who the autographed people are because they they kind of look like Carnies Little Carnie, yeah, you know, and they have a.
Speaker 1: Story and very unique look, all of them.
Speaker 2: And then if they're just if you're doing blanks, you know, you know you're you're dealing with that. And then it's even worse when they start bringing in the kids. I've seen kids used by these.
Speaker 1: People numerous times. And if you see the blue marker, that's the one thing I just found out a couple of years ago. But the blue marker, that's the one you got. If they have a blue marker, do not sign because they can sell it. I didn't know what I knew, That's what I found out. I'm like, these motherfuckers now every time I see a blue markt I'm like, I call it out and they're like and get all awkward.
Speaker 2: I'm like, man, now, going over to Vegas.
Speaker 1: How was that amazing? I mean we went over facility.
Speaker 2: By the way, it's like the taj Mahal as Bill Belichick called it. I believe the taj mall of it. Yeah, I mean it's spectacular. Everything's right there at the stadium. But how was that like transitioning in general? Like for like fan base, shit, you know, moving out living in Vegas is completely different than than Oakland and the Bay Area.
Speaker 1: Yeah, totally, what's that?
Speaker 2: What was that?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 4: It was?
Speaker 1: I mean, it was definitely weird because we came over and that off season COVID hit, so it was March, like, everyone's out in Vegas. I'm mounted with my family, I bought a this is the fucking greatest thing ever, having the time of my life. March hits and everything shut down. So then it delayed all the process of the construction and even the facility wasn't even fully done, but we were already moved over, like there's nothing you can do now. We left Oakland. So it was weird. First season in Vegas. No fans, zero. Mark was like, no, we're so, I'm like, all right, whatever, no fans. Some teams are like, okay, fifteen twenty percent. None I played that year. It was yeah, I mean we played. I played against you, yeah, in New England. But yeah, it was just I mean, it was weird. It was like a scrimmage.
Speaker 2: Like scrimmage.
Speaker 4: It was just weird.
Speaker 1: That's the only way it is.
Speaker 2: Never in a pro game. It kind of low key reminded me of some of them Kent State games. I haven't felt that in a minute, where like if you can hear the other team, like yo, you can hear your boys clapping for you, and shit, that's when you know, like, oh, we're a scrimmage.
Speaker 1: It was different. I mean, you just guys having a conversation in the huddle and new get here everything.
Speaker 2: What type of Mark Davis Mark? I mean Mark, he's he was a cool dude. To me, and I mean Al Davis guy. You know, he was a pioneer in a cornerstone of this league from becoming a you know, he was a coach and then he shoots you know how he got the team? I mean he did a bad as single. What what's Mark like?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Mark's a good dude. He's a really nice dude. I mean he's been He's been awesome. I mean ever since I got in the league. I mean there's not many owners that you can say that smokes cigars with their players and ship like that. And I mean Marco hit me up and will smoke a cigar and shoot the ship and not much, not much. I mean he's in Vegas full time, but I don't know what he does to be honest. But yeah, I mean and me and Mark are cool.
Speaker 2: Now when he when he comes in, does he have does he have a cup of coffee? There's always you always see the owner with something. They always have something they always bring in, like you know, Jerry Jones eating what is a McMuffin assaulting that bad boy a little little extra signature Miaster Kraft always had the dunkin donuts. W What's Mark got?
Speaker 1: Mark is the fanny pack, fanny pack, the fanny pack. He wears some new balances, the washed jeans, a white like uh like pullover type deal raiders, and then he'll have maybe a jacket on, but he always has the white fanny pack. This thing is like from the eighties. You could tell leather like. The thing has gone through a lot.
Speaker 2: What's in that fanny pack?
Speaker 1: I don't know, that is a great question. He probably has keys, chapstick, sunblock. It's probably three three main items. Yeah, the essential she bro Al had a cool look too.
Speaker 4: Ill had a great look.
Speaker 2: I always jumpsuit, I was fresh croakies. He had bedazzled croakies and the flashes. The hair would be halfway in the air.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it's I mean he had like custom bracelets that said al on him and everything to do to was. He was a legend.
Speaker 2: I fucking I miss how Davis. All right, Hey, Jackie set the stage for this game. Let's get into it.
Speaker 6: Should we run back in time here real quick and contextualize this season a little bit. Let's get through the Chargers are real quick. First year of the Brandon Stay era. Short lived era, but kind of memorable for all you fourth down fans. This was also a record for fourth down conversions twenty two of thirty four on the season. A little bit of foreshadowing for this game. Also a little bit of foreshadowing the thirty second ranked rush defense. There's a reason Josh Jacobs eight in this game. Some other dudes we got to run through on this team, the Pro Bowlers, Herbert Keenan Allen, Corey Lindsay, Rashawn Slater, Joey Bosa, Derwin James, some other guys you might know with Sante, Samuel Junior, Mike Williams, Joshua Palmer's rookie season and started out hot four and one, finished five and seven. The front runner mentality and I come in through here.
Speaker 2: Also big road victories.
Speaker 6: Over the Bengals in the Chiefs that would be the AFC Championship game this year. So it's worth noting justin Herbert was also balling that year. First Charger to throw over five thousand yards in the season.
Speaker 2: Wow, John Harball, What's what's he is he gonna is? He gonna make them better?
Speaker 4: Jimmy or John jim whatever?
Speaker 2: I played against John for so many goddamn in my head, we play the Ravens every year twice and we we were in the same division, we played in the playoffs and you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, you guys had classic battles all time classic. But yeah, Harball's I mean, he's a great coach. Everywhere he's gone, he's had success. So I mean, at the end of the day, doesn't matter. You know, we got to be at our best and that's all that really matters. But I expect them to be better.
Speaker 2: Run.
Speaker 1: They're gonna run the ball, They're gonna play action, play hard, nos defense. They're gonna look a lot different.
Speaker 2: They're gonna look a lot different, a lot different, which is a lot different, like preparing for a Brandon Staley, which is completely different.
Speaker 1: Shotgun launched that motherfucker.
Speaker 2: I think Justin it's gonna make Justin Herbert very good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's gonna take a I think it's gonna help him out a lot.
Speaker 2: Now, who's the tackle that you always you're always going against in Chargers.
Speaker 1: Last two years has been Pipkins, Trey Pipkins and Slater. This year was Storm Norton, Storm Norton, Toledo Mac Guy Mac Daddy played him in college and uh yeah, it was it was something.
Speaker 2: Now when you when you're playing against a division rival, but be a team in this you know, this year, Joey Bosa, he was bawling out, you know, Like I would always look over across the sideline if I saw a cool receiver, I'd be like, I want to help perform this motherfucker. That is that your mindset?
Speaker 1: Yeah, no doubt. I mean when I was younger, especially, I was like, I need to help play him this game. Like I used to really think about it. But then sometimes that would be over. I would be thinking too much. Me It's like, yeah, you can't. It's like it's a young guy thing.
Speaker 4: For sure.
Speaker 1: It's definitely fucked them, but I don't think about it as much, you know what I mean. But I go into the game like especially. I mean every game is important, but game like this is like everything. I mean, you win, you're in. So yeah, I look over there, like these motherfuckers.
Speaker 2: Winning gain that's a playoff game. Set the stage for the Raiders, Jackie.
Speaker 4: All right, let's run through these rough ru. I thought the Stameno was great there, Oh my.
Speaker 2: God, that competitive.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was impressed. It's a lot of that on the golf course this morning. Yeah, right, locked in baby.
Speaker 2: All right, as Max.
Speaker 6: We were shaking a baby as Max a little at to earlier. This was a second year in Vegas, worth noting the first year with fans A Llegia was rocking, especially on this night. This was also a team that won four overtime games, a little bit of foreshadowing for this game. Also, I feel like every time I turned the TV on, it was Derek Carr leading some crazy four fourth down overtime conversion something. This was also its season with some ups and downs. We saw coach Gruden left, Rich Basacia took over. There was also some off the field incidents with with Henry Ruggs.
Speaker 1: I mean this looking those lists like this all happened in one year is fucking crazy.
Speaker 2: Like it's one of those.
Speaker 6: Things where I feel like this would have sunk a lot of teams, but you guys making it to the playoffs.
Speaker 2: That's tough.
Speaker 4: A testament to that locker.
Speaker 6: Room and that squad were there, like uh, we talked on here the other week with Matthew Slater of having State of the Union meetings with the players, like were there like any pivotal like we like players only.
Speaker 4: Meeting, Like how are we getting through this? Ship kind of kind of talks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, after the whole Gruden thing happened. We I mean we went to go play Chicago the week before and they leaked one of the emails and they was talking about some guy whatever, and then it was just like you could tell Gruden was so sick about it and like he I mean he would tell you himself like he was not ready to call a game, and everybody kind of felt that. And then after we lose. We lose to Chicago with a rookie Justin Fields couldn't score at all. And after that game, all of a sudden, fucking the floodgates open, mainly all the emails come out, all this shit, so like all hell breaks loose, and I mean I'm getting calls from may I, calls from different people that're like, I mean, did he.
Speaker 2: Lose the locker room? Did some guys get mad? Or did were guys Like.
Speaker 1: It wasn't necessarily about like fuck this much. It wasn't like fuck coach Gruten. It was just like, I mean, you're in the middle of the season, You're like, what the fuck, Like there's i mean, there's no way you can rationalize it or how the fun. It's from twelve years ago, you know what I mean, like eleven years ago something crazy. Everyone's just like, what the fuck? And Gruden has real relationships. I love John. I mean John Gruden, he knows he fucking said some shit. He I mean, everybody has shit they regret just saying crazy shit. I'm not saying what he said was right at all, and he'll say the same thing. But John Gruden is a fucking good dude. I love Coach Gruden, and I mean he's like family to me. So yeah it sucked. You're like, this is a dude that drafted me, fucking got a great relationship. I know, his wife, his family, his kids, his son works as our strength coach, like, and he's fucking still in the building to this day. So it's like, I mean, they're family to me. So we deuced exactly deuce as fucking stout as they come. But yeah, it was crazy. I mean, that whole thing went down, and it happened so fast, and the next day I'm literally with my wife in Gruden's house, like he's sitting like the Godfather in his beautiful, massive house, just sitting there in the corner tears and he would just shook it. I'm just like, damn like, and I'm feeling for him because you know, he feels stupid, he's being attacked, he's whatever. But we had to keep going. I mean, it happened. Rich came in and Rich is like, that's what we're gonna.
Speaker 2: Do with that last name.
Speaker 1: But Basayasachia fucking love that guy, Basacia. Yeah, we call him Rich though. I mean I still talked to him. I just faced on a couple of days ago. I talked to him all the time.
Speaker 2: I mean, you guys showed mental toughness by dealing with everything he did and by putting your team in position to go out and make the playoffs in the last game of the year against the division.
Speaker 4: Rival and four game win streak.
Speaker 2: I mean, that was. I remember watching it and just you know, talking about you guys that year. It was, it was, it was. That's impressive, because that's it's very hard. That's what people don't realize is when you're a pro athlete, you're a regular person, and you have a lot of ship that you have to deal with off the field, and then there's a lot of ship that you have to deal with on the field, and if the ship you're dealing with on the field has a lot of like bullshit in it, there's already so much of you you're juggling mentally, and it's tough. And to put your team in the position to go out and make the playoffs in this game was awesome. Now what what it old? Rich Pavia I can't I went to can't stay. Yeah, Now, when he took over, you guys got that jolt. Is it similar to the jolt that you guys?
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 2: It kind of reminded me when Ap took over.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you guys got a jolt, interim bump, Yeah.
Speaker 1: The interim joelt. I mean they're both very different. I mean, rich Our our whole locker room and every the whole dynamic was totally different when we had Gruden. It's not like our our culture was like toxic or anything like that, and it wasn't like this big divide in the locker room and ship like that. So it was just like damn, what the fuck? And we just i mean everybody he loves rich like he's the most respected dude on the in the whole organization, like plain and simple. So when he took over, we're like fuck, it. Let's go fucking win for rich. Yeah, and then the Henry shit happened a week later. We're like, holy fuck. And then there was later in the year another guy on our team, do you y? And then all like there was just one thing after another. But the thing was our team just kept getting closer and closer and closer, and we hit that that breaking point. We're six and seven. We had just lost to like the fucking Washington or some shit, and we had a meeting and everybody talked it out. We're like, all right, this is it. Like we either just gonna fucking ride this out and be you know, it is what it is, We'll get a new coach and whatever, or we're gonna fucking make a change. And I remember Rod Marinelli, fucking best coach I've ever had. He walked in our d line room and he's like, so, you guys know, we're winning these next four games. If you want to fucking be a part of that, we're fucking all in. This is what we're gonna do today. This is how we're gonna get one step closer. He broke it all down to us, and we're like, all right, like, let's fucking do it like we were at that point where it was like, this ship is over with you know what I mean, you're six and seven, no coach, you know what I mean? It was like, but Mayor and Nelly convinced us up front. Everybody on the team believed, and we fucking just started knocking him down one at a time. And I mean it came down to this game.
Speaker 2: So it was it was a crazy yeah, yeah, crazy Jackie breakdown this game all right, before we before.
Speaker 6: We get into this game. We're gonna in this this season. On another positive note, we talked Jay Glazer earlier. I'm gonna glaze up Max.
Speaker 4: Here a little bit pause.
Speaker 6: Fifty six total tackles, fifty six total tackles, what sacks? Seven pass deflections? Just got to give the flowers here, real quick pause on the glazing.
Speaker 2: Sorry.
Speaker 4: That was wow. That was wild. It was like, yeah, oh my god, we gotta give this sat.
Speaker 1: The stats.
Speaker 4: Come on, man, Yeah, that's what happened.
Speaker 1: It was a fucking Chiefs game. You also, Washington, we got murdered by the Chiefs and that was like, all right, what the fuck are we about to with this?
Speaker 3: With this coach talk, Can we talk a little about coach Danny A. Mondola real quick.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, COACHLA great dude. I love coach Dola is a legend. I love Danny. He's cool ship. I mean, you know how he is. He's out there fucking running rounds all year like he's a part of the team, routing motherfuckers. Looks like you could play right now. But he's cool. He's cool as how. I know he's not. He's not with us anymore, but Daniel RP. But he's a legend. All rights the stuff.
Speaker 4: You followed Danny on Instagram?
Speaker 1: What his male model?
Speaker 2: I think he honestly, because he took like a three year social period like break yeah, and then as soon as he became a coach, he got back on the ground. I think he became a coach to get back on the gram to.
Speaker 4: Have the career.
Speaker 2: You know, the butt shots were usually he looked like a player. My guys, all doll though.
Speaker 3: He had more than bust shots.
Speaker 5: He had a field shots shots.
Speaker 1: He's breaking team down consistent. You know what's even crazy, My brother and him are signed. My brother is a fucking model and they're signed to the same Ford Model Swear to god, they're the same agent.
Speaker 4: And everything.
Speaker 1: Weirdest random connection ever.
Speaker 2: But yeah, we're competing for jobs, competing for jobing, Dola, Dola. Yeah, what's a game plan for Herbert in this game?
Speaker 1: Herbert? I mean up front it was we're gonna win the game. Rush them. They can't block us, and we're gonna just I mean torment them. And that's what we did. I mean, we had the best game, overall, complete game we played all year. We fucking destroyed them upfront, absolutely destroyed them, and they still I mean kept it super close. So yeah, yeah, but Herbert's tough. I respect the shit out of him. He's a dog.
Speaker 2: He got some dogs in that conference. Now, dog Jackie, what do you got?
Speaker 4: All Right, we're gonna get through this game.
Speaker 6: Lead up we've talked about a little bit, but we gotta say the playoff implications that came with this game. You're in tie, you're both also in, but a tie would knock the Steelers out. So Steeler fans were just praying it didn't end in a tie. They were they were Chargers fans, they were Raiders fans. They weren't tie fans. No kissing sisters tonight.
Speaker 4: Baby, this was a ti. They didn't want to tie, but you gotta say, you got to lay that out there.
Speaker 3: But all the NFL was kind of the NFL fans were rooting for a time.
Speaker 4: We never see them.
Speaker 1: It'd be crazy why people were talking about that all week, and it almost fucking happened. That's okay, I remember that actually, and then all of a sudden, we're sitting there were like, Okay, what the fuck, this actually might happen right now, and that would have been worse. Yeah, scripted, but that would have been worse. Fuck that I'd rather lose than both of us. Fuck that, send them home with you. That's when I heard that we were potentially I'm like, what fuck that? You die on your sword? You go all in. We're gonna either win or we're losing the ship. We're not both going. We're not sending them on, you know what I mean, give them a Handout'd be like I were taking a knee, you sun those fuckers, and.
Speaker 2: You guys were extremely hyped for going into this game. I mean, this is win getting Like, do you remember anything in that week of preparation? Any any coach says, you know, any what's going on that week to get you guys to know what this is really about, because you guys are a pretty young team.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean we're young. I mean we won three games in a row at that point, and we knew what it was. Rich came in like he was so calm and everyone was so calm. That's why I feel like we were able to win and go on that run because there was no anxiety. There wasn't panic. Rich Literally the first thing he said to me going into that last week, He's like, we're going to win this game. He's like, we're going to win this game one way or another. He's like, we're gonna find a way. So they I have no doubt in my mind. We just got to go out there and do our thing whatever. Blah blah blah blah blah. I'm like, yeah, there's no Chargers are not beating us. There's no fucking way. So that was in my head. I'm like, I'm gonna go out there and I don't care my fucking heart stops. There's We're gonna find a way. That's really what it. I mean when it came down. So it was fucking crazy.
Speaker 2: The baby, Yeah, that Division game, Wing game, I.
Speaker 4: Know, it was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, every national like the only game on at night. That ship was crazy.
Speaker 4: It got flexed to Sunday Night football.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Sunday night football. I had fucking people in my neighborhood. Steelers fans put up big signs in the neighborhood as you leave the gate, thank you, we love you, guys, blah blah blah.
Speaker 4: Ghost.
Speaker 1: I was wondering if that was seven, like the biggest Steeler blow up thing. I'm like, what the fuck? Yeah, the game meant a lot.
Speaker 3: If they were classy like Bills fans, that would have donated to a charity of your honor.
Speaker 4: Yeah the fuck the classiest bunch of fans, Bills.
Speaker 1: Fans, Yeah, class.
Speaker 6: On this night, a legion was rocking. Vegas got out ten nothing like Max said.
Speaker 4: They were flying around.
Speaker 2: Out there starfast.
Speaker 6: Then Chargers responded with a pair of Eckler touchdowns. They Josh Shacobs touchdown. The Raiders got out to a seventeen to fourteen lead at the half, built that lead up to twenty nine to fourteen. Then in the fourth quarter, somehow that lead just slipped away and there were all these miracle drives that seemed like where Herbert was getting voted first down after fourth down after fourth down and ultimately came down to throwing that Mike Williams touchdown with no time left on the clock to send this thing into overtime. Throughout the game, Daniel Carlson five field goals. I mean, this guy's leg was gonna fall off. He was kicking so many damn field goals. The Chargers were also six.
Speaker 4: Of seven on fourth down.
Speaker 6: And then in overtime, these guys were trading field goal after field goal.
Speaker 2: Well, you only get one and then its sudden death. No, this was a new playoff rules.
Speaker 6: So we had a Carlson field goal, then we had a Chargers field goal Dustin Hopkins.
Speaker 4: Then a lot of football, a lot of football out of.
Speaker 6: Football times, running down times, running down, a lot of Josh Shacobs balling out seven sixty nine yards in ot alone, and then you get to that third down play third and five, with like it was like thirty nine seconds left. Staley calls the time out. We go back to Jacobs, pounds it up the middle for like thirteen, gets the first down. We're in field goal range, run that thing down, and Daniel Carlson ends it with a forty seven yarder.
Speaker 4: The Raiders are going to the playoffs.
Speaker 3: The Chargers aren't in your face brand, and the Steelers too, and.
Speaker 4: The Steelers two shout out Steeler.
Speaker 2: Nation, Steeler Nation. Geez. Now, defensive side of the bench, you guys are chilling there, well, offenses out there. Yep, what do you guys? You guys are all talk ling. Are we gonna score? What did you guys know the plan?
Speaker 1: We had no doubts that we're going to try to win the game. We had no idea that that was even a thing. So yeah, and our heads were like, I mean, we just need to get a field goal, right, We're that close, We're right there. So we're like, I mean, we had no idea, so it just seemed normal. Boom Carlson went kicked the field goal. And then after the fact we end up finding out that all this controversy and they were kind of take a knee and shit, and we're like, what the fuck, But that's what it.
Speaker 4: Is, Yes, it is what it is.
Speaker 2: Come on, man, that's that's ridiculous. Crazy aftermath, the Raiders would make the postseason for the first time since twenty sixteen. Crosby named Week eighteen's Defensive Player of the Week. Old coach Rich first interim head coach to make the playoffs since Bruce arians twenty twelve. Is that the Colts? That was cold.
Speaker 4: That was when he took over for guy.
Speaker 2: We were playing for ot talk that was going that was going around. That was fucking everywhere. I was so sick of talking about it on inside the NFL. Las Vegas would lose to Cincinnati in the AFC Wild Card Round. What was that like playing in the first playoff game, playing against a team that would then go on to represent the conference the Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was amazing. Yeah, I mean just the energy. I know you've been in a million playoff games, but that energy was just different. Hostile, drunken Cincinnati locals just fucking screaming in your ear. I was motherfucking fans almost got in trouble. There's I mean videos, I'm fuck you up. I'm just going I was in a different places mentally. But it was incredible. I mean, it was so the environment was crazy. And we almost beat them too. Yeah, we took them right down to the last possession of the game, and then they fucking ended up going to the super Bowl. Like we were that confident, Like we went to that game where like we fucking win, Like I mean, we could beat anybody right now. That's how we felt. And then you see them go to the super Bowl, You're like, shit, we really could have I mean went on a serious run.
Speaker 2: So that playoff speed just a little faster in it.
Speaker 4: It's a little different.
Speaker 1: Every play matters, every little more, you know what I mean, every detail matters.
Speaker 2: There's no business decisions, no, And even if you're a guy that plays hard when everyone not, everyone's like that. Everyone in the playoffs is playing like that, ye balls of the wall, and you know it's crazy. You know, I played a lot of playoff games, so you play teams that hungry teams, young teams like you. Like, like you said, when you're a young player, you're looking across the the sideline, you're looking at the other guy. You know, when you're when you're you've been there, you've seen it. You know that. All right, this thing is probably go to the end. Just relax these first two quarters. It's about trying to last that whole game. Yeah, and you know I mean that you guys. I'm excited for what you guys are going to do this year. Oh yeah, I'm excited. No, doubt. What are you going to do with quarterback?
Speaker 1: That's the ultimate question. I mean there's a lot of rumors. I supposedly we're trading up, but we'll see. I mean, that's no guarantee. We signed Menshield. He's a good, a good you know, guy to step in and either be a backup or start and you know for the time being, So we'll see. I mean, I think we're gonna draft somebody though, if you know, if I was a betting man, but we'll see. Living in Vegas, oh yeah, I bet. I bet other things sports, and I mean not obviously NFL, so if you're watching.
Speaker 5: This, don't fuck it.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I bet fights. I mean I love beout in UFCS and MBA, you know.
Speaker 2: Things like that. That UFC in Miami.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was supposed to go to that, dude, It's Miami is a different type of energy. That shit is fun.
Speaker 2: But just the whole environment of UFC was like the show. I've been to a lot. You know, you go to shows, you go to super Bowl, you gottle games, you go to basketball. Like, the whole environment was fucking it.
Speaker 1: Was cool, crazy, good atmosphere, great atmosphere.
Speaker 2: This is clearly the wildest game you've played in your pro career.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it's definitely it's got to be number one, just because of how important the game was. There was a couple other ones. I mean, that season alone, I think it's out on therefore overtime wins. So yeah, Like the first game of the year was damn near just as crazy as the last one. We played Baltimore on Monday night to open the season and it was a fucking crazy overtime win, walk off to Za Jones to win the game, and that shit was back and forth, back and forth, craziness the whole time. So yeah, that whole year, that was just fucking crazy games, man, Yeah, it was wild.
Speaker 2: Is Vegas becoming an ultimate sports city or what you guys about to get basketball a's are coming over to join.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's gonna be the greatest. I mean, I think it's already the greatest city in the country, let alone, damn near the world. Yeah, once you bring in two more sports major sports teams, I think it's going to be the most the greatest sports town in the country. I mean, you look at it. The Raiders are already the Raiders, Like that's all time. That's legendary.
Speaker 2: They love sports, though, don't they.
Speaker 4: They love sports.
Speaker 1: The fucking Golden Knights come in, Yeah, win a title, the Aces WNBA two back to back. Then you bring in a basketball team, and I know there's gonna be a lot of people involved with that, big people. And then MLB as well. I mean, Vegas is already like the number one destination everyone wants to go. You bring in more sports teams, I think it's just gonna keep getting crazy and crazy, Jackie.
Speaker 4: We got any leftovers, pretty pretty clean episode.
Speaker 6: We were on the money. I'm over here talking about this game. I'm talking about Daniel Carlson. I didn't even get through Max's stats.
Speaker 4: Man. He's week. He's a AFC Player of the Week.
Speaker 6: Six tackles, three tackles for lost, four quarterback hits, eleven pressures, two sacks, three passes deflected.
Speaker 4: I mean, what a game. That's that's a FC defensive T shirt.
Speaker 2: That's a problem.
Speaker 4: That's a problem.
Speaker 2: That's a problem, the problem.
Speaker 1: That's a problem.
Speaker 4: And quickly go ahead, Max, Right, you're good, You're good.
Speaker 1: I did not get a T shirt. That was all I was gonna say. Yeah, no t shirt. Come on, man, we get a post though, and you know on Twitter, post, Instagram, call from your mother girlfriends.
Speaker 2: Can we get a T shirt NFL Jesus Christ.
Speaker 1: Or a little plaque or something clas I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Yes, we gotta do it. We'll be right back after this quick break. So let's name this game. Let's name this game. What we got is the almost Tie Game, options, options or anything happy for like to put a bow on it, the Tie game, the Neil game, or the Brandon Staley time out game or something else. What do you want to name this game?
Speaker 4: This?
Speaker 1: Yeah, this one's for rich Rich's Final Quest. I like the Brendan Staley one though that kind of makes.
Speaker 2: The Brandon.
Speaker 4: Does it matter that's Brandon?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Brandon brand is a nah. I mean we can't. Let's go next next, Let's score the game. It's just the greatest game of all time. Let's score it. Stakes one to ten decimals. Okay, what are your stakes?
Speaker 1: Greatest game of all time?
Speaker 2: That's some social stuff.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, a know, by the way, I'm sorry, I watched one out of ten.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna say this is a you do halfs yo decimal's Okay, I'll give it.
Speaker 2: A nine and a half, nine and a half and a half, just.
Speaker 3: A regular season game, playoffs on the line, playoffs on the line.
Speaker 2: We've got to do Super Bowls, the World Cup games we've had, you know, hey, integrity's integrity. Let's go star power of this game zero to ten decimals, Okay.
Speaker 1: I would say there's a lot of a lot of guys in that game. I would say nine nine, Yeah, there are some guys in that game.
Speaker 2: We got some guys in the game. What's the gameplay of this game? The game play, it's a pretty good gameplay game as far as like how and forth, touchdown this the flow of.
Speaker 1: The game, it might be a I think it's a ten. Ten. I think it's a ten because it looked like it was over after Casey Hayward caught the pay it's twenty nine to fourteen, and I mean turnover. They were like this ship. Everybody thought it was over. Yeah, And all of a sudden, fourth down conversion, fourth down conversion, fourth unk, and were like what the fuck? I couldn't believe it. And then two point conversion. I'm like, this is insane.
Speaker 3: You don't Yeah, walk off kick field goals in overtime.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good game play game.
Speaker 4: Score.
Speaker 2: The name of the game, the Brendan Staley Time Out game. What is the score of that name for that game?
Speaker 4: Roll up?
Speaker 1: Yeah, rolls right at the time. I'm gonna give it a solid eight and a half. Eight and a half. Yeah. So it's Brandon with an L.
Speaker 2: Yes, Oh yeah, I like Brendan better.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it seems like more of a Brendan.
Speaker 1: It seems like a Brandon. No question.
Speaker 2: What does it come out to? Kyler?
Speaker 3: Nine point two five?
Speaker 2: What is that on the on the games that you've done. Let's just just put it on board.
Speaker 1: Pretty hard, a little aggressive, bro Okay.
Speaker 2: What's it?
Speaker 4: Puts us at a dead tie?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 4: A rare dead tie.
Speaker 6: With the shrug game the nineteen nine NBA Finals Bulls versus Blazers, you may remember that when Mike Jordan was unconscious from three and he gave us the meme we all know, the.
Speaker 3: Shrug and just above the two thousand and four a C.
Speaker 6: L S with the Yankees Red Sox when they came back from four down, David Ortiz and the boys Cheese's that's right up there.
Speaker 2: That's the right way. That's the may zig zag. When you zig wei zag Max, you want to add anything.
Speaker 1: I mean, I mean you put it up there. I guess I gotta mention it. Uh, you're coming on as well on the Rush Podcast starting it. You know, I've been been doing it for a couple of months now. I got my boys three my teammates from Eastern Michigan, Mac Legends, Mac Daddy's, mac Daddy's can roll back. My co host just got to la as well. They're you know, white not me so Yeah, the Rush Podcast. Check it out, YouTube, Spotify, Apple Everything, and gold Writers. I mean, it's gonna be a big year.
Speaker 2: I'm excited to come on the show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's gonna be fun.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be fun. I appreciate you coming out and checking this out.
Speaker 1: Bro, no doubt.
Speaker 2: I appreciate your brother, my guy, Yes, sir man, what an awesome episode.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, our first current, first.
Speaker 2: Current player for many He's a killer in his eyes.
Speaker 4: He sure is man cool guy. You can see it.
Speaker 2: He's motivated, he's got the right attitude.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: I just with a guy like him, you hope that people don't get intimidated by his intensity at work. And they don't. They they follow it. You know what, I mean, because if you have a whole lot of those kind of guys, you're gonna be a good football team. But there's not many of those kind of guys. But that kind of guy recruits guys. You know what I mean. Does that make sense?
Speaker 4: It's no, it makes perfect sense. That's why. I mean. I wasn't there, But that's one of the reasons you guys were so darn good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it was that guy's easiest stud smart, works hard. You can just see passionate, loves football, humble humble.
Speaker 4: I mean, this guy's got a Jordan's daddy. If I got a Jordan Brown deal, I'd blow up. I like, like, I didn't know. Oh my god, he was. He was the man.
Speaker 2: Pretty awesome.
Speaker 4: I'm a Max Crosby guy now.
Speaker 2: I always have been, always been, always have been.
Speaker 3: I just want to know it wasn't Mark Davis.
Speaker 4: This's fanny pack. Oh my god. He said he took a guess.
Speaker 2: I liked that he took a guest chapstick.
Speaker 4: I gotta imagine it's got to be some chapstick.
Speaker 2: Dry out there in the desert.
Speaker 4: It sure is is. It's a dry heat.
Speaker 2: It's a dry heat, very dry.
Speaker 4: Sunscreen definitely.
Speaker 2: I seen him with sunscreen and then I can't what was the third ys keys gum gum.
Speaker 4: I could see that means like you look minty French.
Speaker 2: You gotta have wallet in there phone.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I wonder if it goes wallet front pocket.
Speaker 2: I wonder if he has phone side swipe.
Speaker 3: Well, here's a question for you. Another notable fanny pack wears in my mouth. One Frank Edelman.
Speaker 2: He got well. When I didn't want to bring Frank involved.
Speaker 4: I almost did.
Speaker 2: Crosby was talking old leather, leather eighty. I was like, that's right up, Frank Sally this guy Frank.
Speaker 4: And Mark Davis handshake me.
Speaker 5: Baby.
Speaker 4: Frank did Franco wallet inside fanny pack loose.
Speaker 2: Everything, Everything was changed. This guy would put a bigger in there.
Speaker 4: He was juicing.
Speaker 2: I remember one time he went away for he went away for my parents anniversary, and uh, I'm sitting there and they left and they're going to NAPA, which is, you know whatever. Forty five to an hour. The King and I use their I use their bathrooms. You King of the Castle up there, King of the Castle at the house, it was like fifteen sixteen freaking I'm coming out of shower I'm like, what the what's going on? It's my dad. He's running in. I'm like, what are you doing? He's looking through a bunch of shelves and ship. I'm like, Dad, what are you doing? Finally I see this blue pill, kisses it, puts it in his fanny pack, says I gotta go, son, dude, just nothing, just want Oh you didn't want to have a heart attack?
Speaker 6: Yeah, bro, nothing says I'm a real man, Like tucking that viagor into a fannie pack.
Speaker 4: That's boss. I like that. That's very cool.
Speaker 2: He looked. I think he said something like, you'll know about this one day. Oh my gosh, Frank, Oh Frank.
Speaker 4: That is legendary. That is legendary.
Speaker 2: What well.
Speaker 3: Also a little fun fact about this game, A little games with me SAME's history is that we were watching this game together the first time I met Sam Mourel, first time we were.
Speaker 4: Met New York City.
Speaker 3: Baby, Yeah, New York City when you were inside the NFL.
Speaker 4: It was fun.
Speaker 2: That was fun.
Speaker 6: Yeah, oh bro, I was gonna bring it up. We talked all this mac football like matching. I was like champion at the bid over here, like.
Speaker 4: You know, I'm a maction guy.
Speaker 2: I love match action.
Speaker 6: So I went back deep in the record books to November seventeenth, two thousand and six. Baby, when the Golden Flashes took down Eastern Michigan fourteen to six.
Speaker 4: What I say, No, we just didn't talk about it.
Speaker 2: I know, but you were close.
Speaker 4: You were close, and we didn't have time for it.
Speaker 2: If threw a deep touchdown, I separated my shoulder. I could barely throw the football. Dude, one touchdown, nisea prud Dude. Shout out to Naija.
Speaker 4: Receptions eighty six yards one, Thudy.
Speaker 3: You were sixty eight.
Speaker 4: Yeah, nine for eighteen sixty eight yard tuddy de Naija. Yeah, poker were running on him too. You and Eugene Jarvis out there.
Speaker 2: Eugene Jarvis shout out, baby, he listens to this show. He knows. Yeah, listenby when we were talking at uh Pennsylvania talk, I love it, baby.
Speaker 4: I had any chance to crow and some uh some maction till he was there.
Speaker 2: He was a monster, beast by this tall. He bought his tall as you jack.
Speaker 6: Hell Yeah, bowling ball though, Oh yeah, I see I gotta bowke up.
Speaker 2: And he knew how to. He always he was patier runner, and he knew how to hit the whole right. He was always on balance.
Speaker 4: Gotta love the Mac, Gotta love the Mac.
Speaker 6: Should we uh, should we break into this post show segment real quick? Let's do a post when might come to blows, Baby, It's when I come in to blows and get real contentious.
Speaker 4: But we talked a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 6: You may remember we threw out the top five and an honor of Drake top five top five, so we ended up going.
Speaker 4: With our top five top fives.
Speaker 6: It got real, you know, meta and deep and confusing. But today we are finally bringing one of those to Fruition and we're going.
Speaker 4: Back to our top five.
Speaker 6: Well this week, somehow the three of us, the brain trust here are gonna come to a consensus on our top five favorite.
Speaker 4: Adam Sandler movies.
Speaker 2: The Sandman right off top first three that I don't know, automatically in it before you get in here.
Speaker 3: I think it's important to make a distinction. Are these the best Adam Sandler performances? No, are our favorite Adam Sandler movies?
Speaker 2: You know what?
Speaker 6: I just watched that Space Man, Still got to see it, Still on my list.
Speaker 2: It was click vibes with way less comedy to you here. It was more of like a self reflection. I wanted to text him afterwards. I don't know, I'm not trying to flex. See, I don't think he has my number anymore.
Speaker 4: You should have. He would have appreciated it.
Speaker 3: But I went in the mirror after that I heard as an email guy.
Speaker 2: Really huh, probably on a BlackBerry, probably got a hot mail address.
Speaker 4: Dude, Yeah, I would.
Speaker 3: I mean, dude, it's a great I've got a hotmail address.
Speaker 2: It was of like what's the one with the nine to eleven movie Rain Rain Over Me? It was very similar to that with that it was it was a full drama.
Speaker 3: Every once in a while, like pull out.
Speaker 2: He always it uncut gems. I had anxiety for two weeks afterwards. I don't know why. You know what I mean, Click is low key. I love click because it's like your family. You know you're taking it, take that time for granted, and then you know, I mean, before you know, they're gone, And I cry every time.
Speaker 4: Hands down Spanglish. I love Spanglish, awesome, drunk love. I put in the same somewhat.
Speaker 2: I put Spanglish over if I'm gonna go with one of the rom coms. Wedding singers in there, hold on favorites, favorites, favorite without all the list of got I mean automatically, water Boy, Happy Go More, Billy Madison are in there someone They're in the top five?
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, okay, So what are the other what are the what are the other two?
Speaker 2: And the Lawrence Taylor unbelievable. Uh cameo in there talking to the kids, and that's why you don't do crack? Do you think? Do you anything?
Speaker 5: New Wright?
Speaker 3: The writers they had at that point what that he dabbled?
Speaker 2: What it was a on the show We're gonna let La tell us?
Speaker 3: But they had, Yeah, they had when that movie came out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, Oh, I forgot about he was in Cone Heads. That was young, that was old school. That's like, yeah, I mean I loved mister Dean's me too, mister crazy Eyes. I used to always call Hogan crazy Eyes. Remember crazy Eyes with the pizza and ship. I would always send Hogan a meme of that guy, because Hogan had eyes that would be going at you.
Speaker 4: Remember are you talking to me?
Speaker 6: He was ordering those pizzas, man, he said, Big Daddy Oreos and Jesus.
Speaker 2: I was called Frankenstein all of high school because of Julian. Yeah, kid's name is.
Speaker 4: Julian bro Big Daddy.
Speaker 6: I still remember one of my my earliest movie theater disappointments was having to go see with my brother and my dad Wild Wild West with Will Smith instead of Big Daddy for the third time. I was trying to convince them we gotta see Big Daddy again, Like enough, we gotta go see Wild Wild Wall.
Speaker 4: That was bad?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Was it?
Speaker 4: The wow wow?
Speaker 2: Do?
Speaker 3: Just like remember it?
Speaker 2: And I don't know?
Speaker 6: And remember eight years old to buy the little glasses from uh Burger King had him in the.
Speaker 2: King Burger King always used to have them some movie.
Speaker 4: Sponsored games they did. I missed those days.
Speaker 2: I missed that little cartoon dude doing a kickflip remember that that commercial?
Speaker 4: Oh on, I gotta pull that up.
Speaker 2: The cartoon Dad, we.
Speaker 3: Gotta do one of the like critically acclaimed rolls. Gotta be Gotta be in god Jet The Drunk Love.
Speaker 2: To Me is spanglish. You're clicking that one spanglish I think would be spanglish. Was it's great acting? I thought he was a chef.
Speaker 3: I would prefer either uncut gems or punch drunk love then spanglish. But I'll be out voted on that.
Speaker 2: I like the stories.
Speaker 3: We have murder mysteries and you have the murder mysteries.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I like. I'm like you be Halloween guy. As far as recent I gotta.
Speaker 3: I just want to hustle again.
Speaker 2: Ussele was really good.
Speaker 3: Great little movie. NFL version of that.
Speaker 6: There are two things in the world. I love basketball and Adam Sandler.
Speaker 4: No desire to see it. I don't know good. I gotta watch it.
Speaker 2: I understand that it's good.
Speaker 3: Sometimes when something is so perfect for you, you can't like accept it. Yeah, I understand.
Speaker 2: Plays like a scout.
Speaker 6: I know it's right, Like you get married to Queen Lativa's right up my alley, like I yeah, queen.
Speaker 4: Hey, now hey now, no, I just I haven't seen it yet. I need to. I need to.
Speaker 2: I will.
Speaker 4: It's on my list.
Speaker 2: So what's our list?
Speaker 6: Billy Madison, Happy more Water in no particular order at the moment. Yes, I feel like we'd be remiss if we didn't put a wedding singer in there.
Speaker 2: I got weddings singer.
Speaker 3: I also like the era when he was just like I just want to have my friends and go on vacation.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's a big grown ups era. Yeah, are we really putting grown up?
Speaker 2: Our top five? Not top five? No good movies, but not our top five repect though, Chuck and Larry was was fun.
Speaker 4: Like pretend to be gay to get like healthcare? Yeah, like.
Speaker 2: America, Yeah, that's America. The Private Detective was there. They're like, they're like trying to trick them.
Speaker 4: It's just crazy great? Could you make that nowadays? Why not? Why not turn out to Kevin James brother.
Speaker 2: He'd be fun on the show. He's a Jets fan, right.
Speaker 4: He's a big Yeah. No more sailor more.
Speaker 3: Jets fans unless it's Larry David.
Speaker 6: How jetsas we had one rich Rich feels like a lot, one's plenty plenty Jets get a bad rap up, getting up.
Speaker 2: Stop making fun of him so much?
Speaker 4: Guys, who is this guy? I'm talking to you right now?
Speaker 2: What are you?
Speaker 4: Mister Jets defender?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 4: No, okay, all right, let's let's last one.
Speaker 3: Let's get in here.
Speaker 2: So what's our list?
Speaker 4: One of his?
Speaker 2: How about we writ him down? Write them down?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 3: So what's number one? It's either happy goodmar Billy Madison right to.
Speaker 4: Me, it's Billy Madison.
Speaker 2: We can go Billy Madison.
Speaker 3: To me, it's happy.
Speaker 2: I thought it was gonna be happy, but I'm just hot.
Speaker 4: All right, all right, I'm getting voted.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 3: We'll go to Carl Weathers love.
Speaker 5: Chubs.
Speaker 2: Oh my hands, hur well, your back's gonna hurt because you just got landscaping. Ben is the orderly, the mean orderly. He was great. What are you saying that?
Speaker 1: What is the Oh?
Speaker 2: Could you cannot get a nice glass of milk? And he goes? You get a nice glass? You shut the fuck up?
Speaker 4: Or say fuck shut It might have been hell I can't remember.
Speaker 2: Shut it hell up?
Speaker 4: You focus, head around the corner into the door. Ayde from this one Juels Murder.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love Stellar's side piece rolls like in or like his villain side piece, comedic role tons from Heavyweights Dodgeball.
Speaker 4: Dude, we gotta watch Heavyweights soon.
Speaker 2: I love I watch it once two year heavyweights can just.
Speaker 3: Can one of these either be uncut gems or punch drunk love?
Speaker 4: Yes, Jules, you're the You're the decider here, and.
Speaker 3: Then I'll shut up about the other one.
Speaker 2: Number five can be gems, Thank you, sir. What's four? Little Nikky? Such a bad movie?
Speaker 4: I got scared, bro, he was down hill. That's scared.
Speaker 3: Hold on, can I can I do? Can I do a thing?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Our next, our favorite movie, our fourth favorite movie of his is the next one, the very Tom Brady f of you.
Speaker 6: Probably, but no way, the next one is gonna be as good as Big Daddy, Big Daddy.
Speaker 3: John.
Speaker 2: Oh wait no, Big Daddy Scooba Steve, damn you Scuba Steve. Yeah, let's go. Big Daddy's gotta go for And then honorable mentions Spanglish click for me.
Speaker 4: Okay, I like that for me, honorable mentions.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 2: We have it.
Speaker 4: I love that honorable mentions.
Speaker 3: It's cheating.
Speaker 6: Oh no, we gotta there's so many good Instito from mister Deeds.
Speaker 4: Is in there for me. Bunch drunk love is in there for me.
Speaker 2: He made Hallmark cards.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, Kathy Bates.
Speaker 4: Wait, what was it?
Speaker 2: Betty sneaky said.
Speaker 4: I mean Betty very sneaky.
Speaker 2: Yeah, go ahead, hit hit, hit my foot, just joking.
Speaker 4: If we want to what after that? I wanted to Hawaiian punch water fountain installed in the crib oh.
Speaker 6: I was living. I thought, if I ever get to that point, I made it.
Speaker 3: Like Devonte Adams with Taco Bell in your House, which we didn't get to talk about DeVante Adams.
Speaker 2: We didn't hit anything in this episode.
Speaker 3: We were moving quick. We're moving quick.
Speaker 2: Fuck did we What did we talk about?
Speaker 4: Coach Dola?
Speaker 3: Coach Dolah. I loved how he knew instantly coach his models shares an agent.
Speaker 4: That is wild.
Speaker 2: I was just trying to I was trying to picture like a tall, handsome ginger.
Speaker 1: I was the kind of guy.
Speaker 4: And then I and then my mind of course went.
Speaker 2: To he's tall, he's lean, his brother's older.
Speaker 4: Right, I'm pretty sure as.
Speaker 3: We want a picture of them, I'm looking.
Speaker 4: Here we go, let's see him.
Speaker 2: Let's see if this guy's Dola Colber.
Speaker 4: Oh wait, I found I've been Ford Models afterwards.
Speaker 3: Ford Models.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, there you go, pro tip. You're looking up your male models.
Speaker 3: Is dolt here?
Speaker 2: Man? He's good looking?
Speaker 3: Is dolost On here? I can see the resemblance too.
Speaker 2: I see it, Yeah, tasteful, see Dola's Ford Models?
Speaker 3: Is that is that current?
Speaker 2: I think I'm going acrossby.
Speaker 4: Hey, yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Dol's got a persona. He's got more of a personality he does.
Speaker 6: I will say his his portfolio the other guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but Dol's got a top five personality.
Speaker 6: I will say Dola's portfolio is a little tougher to access than than Miles.
Speaker 4: So he's got him beating that.
Speaker 3: Dannyndola.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just follow him on Instagram.
Speaker 2: Go to Instagram Danny Avendola eighty.
Speaker 6: I think there is any let me double check at I don't want to be doing him a disservice here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we gotta get him the right top. They say he's top top three a NFL male model.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's just Danny A. Mandola, no numbers needed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I had it at Danny Mendola. There you go.
Speaker 2: Wait, I didn't even know eighty five. There we go. Yeah, D's got a cool profile. Man.
Speaker 3: All right, let's let's wrap.
Speaker 2: Let's wrap up.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's when we went from we went from talking about click to talk to male models.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I love it episode.
Speaker 3: Okay, So our consensus top five is Happy Gilmore, Billy Madison.
Speaker 2: Top five Adam Sandler movies that we came up with collectively as a team, but not everyone got all their ones in there, and there's honorable mentions, which.
Speaker 3: What was your last one? Click?
Speaker 2: And can I just say the top five that we came up with as a team, but not individually. One Happy Gilmore to Billy Madison, three water Boy four Big Daddy five uncut gems. Maybe he's finglish or click on cut gems. That that's what we came up with. Give us. Let's let's see what you guys come up with in the comments. Let's have a debate. Why huh, tell us why we're wrong? Yeah, tell us, tell us why we're wrong.
Speaker 4: Yeah, prove it? Man?
Speaker 2: What a game? The brandan stay time out?
Speaker 4: Game with a no Brandan with a no brand?
Speaker 2: Brandon with brand? What a game? What an interview? What a guy?
Speaker 4: Hope he gets the playoffs. We can have him back on to it.
Speaker 2: We gotta, we gotta get him onto. This is a Raider podcast. Raider Support podcasts. But that was an another great episode. It's been another great episode of Games with Names. Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, wherever you listen to your podcasts. Comment a game you want us to do and remember rate review. Remember to follow Games with Names on YouTube, Instagram, x TikTok, and Snapchat. Leave a message on the hotline at four two four two nine one two two nine zero. We'll see you guys next week. Games and Names is a production of iHeartRadio. Or more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.