Speaker 1: No no, come home no come.
Speaker 2: No no no no come home.
Speaker 3: No come. On this episode of the Heat Check, we get into some news around the NBA, more guys, into the rumor mill of the trades.
Speaker 1: Jahn Morant just.
Speaker 3: Killing kids, killing kids, staring them down, doesn't care who you are. Wives, Chill, hide your kids, hide your wives.
Speaker 1: Ja Morant's killing everybody up in here. We're getting into busy season, Brocks, so let's drop that beat.
Speaker 3: Name like Mann, I'm perfect, good.
Speaker 1: Name rays like.
Speaker 3: Genrean like a conservative dad living in Louisiana is sending little kids to conversion therapy.
Speaker 1: But in this case, it's not turning them straight. It's setting them straight that.
Speaker 3: There will be no fucking other fandom in this arena except for the Memphis Grizzlies, specifically Steph Curry. There is no more Steph Curry fans. If you are in our arena and you root for us, you wear no one else's jersey.
Speaker 4: And if you wear another kid's jersey, another man's jersey, and you ask for a high five in our fucking arena, I am not only turning you down.
Speaker 2: I will flex on your face two inches from your seven year old body and your whack ass Golden State Warriors jersey.
Speaker 3: Because that is what happened, folks. So this is how it all went down. Golden State plays in Memphis. Everybody's excited every time Steph comes to town. Steph gets a tons of fans and BP little kids love them. So Steph Curry not anymore, not here anymore. So Ja Morant dunks a little kid courtside, puts his hand up the jaw and jaw's like, no, absolutely not. You're in a Steph Curry jersey and he flexes in this kid's face. Can't be rooting for Steph and actually also rooting for us. So they asked him about it in the presser.
Speaker 2: After the last bucket. You got through the follow and you go into the stands and there's a little kid wearing a Warriors.
Speaker 3: Respectful with that jersey.
Speaker 1: He want's say that again.
Speaker 3: He was disrespect He's no mercy for the little kid. It looked like he wanted to check, but you had that jersey.
Speaker 1: I apologize to him, but in that moment, bro take the turney off and then me up.
Speaker 3: You want to back into Grizzlies next to my next to uh, somebody find no disrespect the guy. He probably looked up.
Speaker 1: Yep, that's what he's doing. Folks.
Speaker 3: I'll send every kid that lives in Memphis my jersey, Jaren's jersey, Dylan's jersey, fuck it, even Desmond Baines jersey. But no Steph Curry fandom in this building. It's time for conversion therapy, folks.
Speaker 1: And that's what happened.
Speaker 3: And this moment, this viral could have been a bad PR move, truthfully, but it became funny. But it turned into a positive PR move, maybe one of the greatest PR moves in modern memory. The Grizzlies have now turned this into an event. Every little kid in Memphis canal come to this event. Turn it like a pit, like an old can of soup where you get to go to the movies, you know what I mean, Like bring your beans, bring your stead, and you get to see like Little Women or something. And so.
Speaker 1: What's that movie with Whoopy Goldberg? Ass?
Speaker 3: What I did? I gave like some spaghettios to get into that Whoopy Goldberg movie Class Act three or Eddie Sister Act Cistract four some shit.
Speaker 1: So that's what's happening.
Speaker 3: You bring your little can of beans aka your Steph Curry jersey, your Lebron jersey, any other jersey.
Speaker 1: You give it to us, you don't.
Speaker 3: Own it anymore, and we will give you two Memphis Grizzly jerseys back. We'll give you one from Jaw and one from Jaron. And on top of that, since you're giving us your old fandom, you're literally turning in your fandom. Honestly, that's the best. You're turning in the rights to that fandom. And you're also in Shane's getting two tickets to the game, where I imagine you gotta wear those jerseys, showing up, showing out tremendous, just electric. And that brings me, I guess to a question, what franchise is the best to its fans? By that, I mean what NBA team has the best fan base outreach program and treats its fans the best. Because and I'll compile the best responses for a segment on the next week's episode, but because the reason that there are little kids all over the world, all over the country, not only wearing Steph Curry jerseys because he's electric, but also because Golden State has created one of the most child friendly environments in the NBA all of the community outreach they do around the band, all of the events that they take place in where they're signing things and hanging out and soup kitchens and shit. They're literally tailoring that experience for young fans so they can turn them into little Golden State Warrior soldiers on word, Golden Warriors marching onto war with the cross of dreammon It's like that they're turning their prop It's like it's propaganda, folks, is what this is.
Speaker 1: Let's be honest.
Speaker 3: That's what all of sports is, is turning you into treating this as a tribe so they can control you. Don't worry about that though. Don't worry about that though. Put a little something on your head.
Speaker 1: We'll get you in. I'm clowning now. Anyway.
Speaker 3: We gotta get to some more news. Sacramento Kings, we love them.
Speaker 1: It's sorry annual.
Speaker 3: It's our bi weekly check in on the Sacramento Kings, and of course, as usual, it starts with us checking in on poor old Alvin Gentry, interim head coach. We've been talking a lot about this esteemed gentleman, truly one of the league's elder statesman, voice of reason. You know, the man with the cigar, just sitting on the porch swinging giving you advice and wisdom. We've been talking about him ever since he took over for Luke Walton. Then ever since, I think, slowly but surely, game by game.
Speaker 1: The team is driving him insane. I think so.
Speaker 3: At least twice he's open postgame pressers with apologies, heartfelt ones, and then he's led to like aggressive callouts.
Speaker 1: He's yelling on the sidelines. It's not working. Maybe at least they did win against the Lakers the other night.
Speaker 3: They did do that, it seems the fifth time they played one another, and they finally get a win in regulation. So no matter that, he can't fix it. And the most important thing that I see night after night after night is he cannot wring an ounce of consistency out of this lineup. Tristan Thompson, who's consistent as hell, is doing one thing and not doing it on the floor Poundtown.
Speaker 1: And you know what, maybe you should be able to doing Poundtown down.
Speaker 3: Under the rim, Tristan Thompson, instead of at aria or excess or wherever the fuck you end up pulling your instant thoughts and impregnating them. It's not his fault, though, Alvin Gentry. I don't think Bobby Knight could fix this team. I don't think he could yell his way or or beat his way into making this team a disciplined bunch or a winning record.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's happening. The facing issues facing this team date.
Speaker 3: Back at least like five years ago, probably to when they drafted players they shouldn't have how they constructed this roster. Let's be honest, Like I love Davion Mitchell, Well we know that wasn't a great pick unless you're gonna trade someone else. And it appears the bedrock upon which this wonky fucking guard forward team has been built.
Speaker 1: Is maybe probably kind of gonna get traded.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: I'm not talking about Marvin Bagley either, don't worry. Uh, he'll stay around for a little while. I'm talking about Dearon Fox. Turns out deeron Fox.
Speaker 1: Is a broken man.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: He's a man, a thoughtful man.
Speaker 3: I don't actually know if he's broken, But the centerpiece of the King's marketing campaign since he got drafted is now so down trodden that he's openly talking to the media about all the scenarios of him potentially being traded.
Speaker 1: That is what consistently losing will do for you.
Speaker 3: Chris Haynes just dropped a woe size bomb, which I've spent five minutes thinking about. With the sound of a Chris Haynes bomb, say, I was like, it's the ground swell, right, it's a boom.
Speaker 1: Where you know a bomb went off.
Speaker 3: You don't know where it went out. It's underneath somewhere. You don't hear the pole because it's underneath. When Chris Haynes drops a bomb, it comes from the source underground, and you can hear its reverberations throughout the league. And so a wode size bomb dropped when he reported that Fox's name is now being circulated around the league as a superstar who could be had for the right price. I mean, everybody's available for the right price, but he's actually like available available, not just like, oh, I've been with some girl for a year and a half, but like we're not married yet. It's like, no, I've been with this girl, but I'm not that happy and she's not that happy with me. Somebody want to do our wife swap kind of a thing. And my first thought was somewhere, someplace, Darryl Morey just got went from six to twelve. He's like, did someone say Deer and Fox. I don't know how well Tyrese Maxey and Deer and Fox would work together. Probably Tyree would end up on the bench. But I know Darryl Moury is salivating at the potential to get a player like Fox, and so when asked about this possibility, instead of ducking the answer like most athletes will do, to his.
Speaker 1: Credit, Fox brutally honest. Yep, this is what he told Hanes.
Speaker 3: You definitely think about potentially being traded because we're struggling. I mean, that's an understatement. I'd say, if you do have a change of scenery, it changes everything. I've been here for five years. I've built the life here, I built a family here. But once I'm on the court, all of that is out the window. You're not thinking about anything else that can happen outside of your control.
Speaker 1: And that's a lie. Uh And that's a lie. I promise you.
Speaker 3: The thought of leaving the Sacramento Kings has been on his mind. I consistently think he's thinking about things that are one hundred percent out of his control, which is getting traded it was on.
Speaker 1: His mind so much.
Speaker 3: He talked about it for like ten minutes on this interview just that. Here are some of my favorite excerpts. I've been through some deadlines. I've seen people get traded at the last second. You try not to think about it, but you know, it's a business. Anything can happen, and I'm not sure what's.
Speaker 1: Going to happen.
Speaker 3: Obviously, you see reports on Twitter. I love that that's where guys see reports, like see reports on Twitter. Uh Am, I worried about it.
Speaker 1: No, can it happen? Yeah, it can definitely happen.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna sit here and say I want to get traded, but anything can happen in this business, and that's a lie, and that's a lie. I think he definitely wants to change the scenery. I think if you're with the Sacramento Kings and you're losing and losing and losing for five straight years, haven't been to the playoffs, go through coach and another coach, and then you get Luke Walton, then you get another coach, I think you would want a fresh start. They've averaged under thirty wins his entire career and they're ten games Jesus, and they're ten games under five hundred right this moment. It's what y'all said. You've seen some of the best players in the league get traded. You can't think you're safe. But I love being here because for years the Kings were the only professional team in the city.
Speaker 1: Kings fans they love the Kings. Pause.
Speaker 3: If you google, like I said, Sacramento Kings, the first thing you find outside of the team pages whether they exist.
Speaker 1: So I don't know that that, like rabid, I don't know that there's that many of them. He said. That's what I've always loved about it.
Speaker 3: Me coming from Kentucky, That's how it was with us, even when we had a good football.
Speaker 1: Team, no one cared what a ricochet shot. It was a basketball school.
Speaker 3: This is a basketball city, and these fans have a genuine love for the Kings and its players, and that's something that I love. Just kind of an unnecessary shot at UK football for me, not a necessary thing to say at all, but yeah, I mean, I would say Fox clearly likes that fan base. He's been the man in a city where it's only that purple black deer in Fox swipe.
Speaker 1: A then he cut his hair, and things have gone downhill since and then.
Speaker 3: Haines also reported that teams have consistent interest also in Tyrese Halliburton, along with Marvin Bagley Junior and Harrison Barnes are also reported to be on the move. So a lot of players. Uh, you know what we've got here, folks. We've got a good old fashioned estate sale on our hands. The Kings Man, the Kings I was thinking about. The Kings remind me of like when a rich old miser dies and everyone circles around the widow and they're like, oh, man, you know, miss Johnson, I'm so sorry for your loss.
Speaker 1: Would you take one hundred and fifty dollars for that rolex over there? It's nice.
Speaker 3: I mean, these items are probably really tough for you to look at, given you know the emotional connection that you have to them, So I can take them off your hands and get rid of all that pain.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm sure Chester, what was is it?
Speaker 3: Chester would prefer his watch on someone's wrist that really appreciates it. Let me take hold of that full collection and I'll make sure that every single owner takes care that Chester would feel proud of to let his legacy go on like shitty, like like just piranhas circling the water, swirling around this team and all the potential items of value that you could just drop into potential contenders Dear and Fox Diaries.
Speaker 1: However, Davion Mitch.
Speaker 3: Rashaun Holmes, a lot of guys that could just easily integrate into it, would be contender and just fit and GM's are largely scum bags, just like guys who buy second hand watches, you know, second used, and they try to like turn it into like a real profession.
Speaker 1: Those guys are largely scumbags.
Speaker 3: And now the Kings are being seen as a dead carcass in which the choice parts need to be picked out, like you just go in there and just get everything out until it's just the rib cage, just Marvin Baglady, Marvin Bagley's the ribcage of the dead. Animal vultures, folks, vultures, every last one of them. And if you're a Kings fan, gross, you really probably want to see Ben Simmons instead.
Speaker 1: Of Darren Fox.
Speaker 3: A top seven protect the first rounder for Haliburton, slightly used Converse chucks for Marvin Bagley Junior. I don't know the third no no, you don't not at all. Well, I mean, unless it's like those Dior chucks. Those Deyor chucks are fire. I would definitely get Deor Chucks for Marvin Bagley. But if you're not a Kings fan, which is basically everyone, you probably want to see deeron somewhere where he can thrive, can be fully appreciated, where his coach is not saying mean things about him and his teammates every night, and where his other teammate isn't constantly in TMZ for impregnating some other girl that he's not even with, some cocktail waitress or something. You want to see Tyres Halliburton on a winning team too, and so on and so on and so on. And the nice part about this, though, bright Side Silver Linings twenty twenty two goal for me, Silver Linings. Everyone is now watching the Kings. I mean not actually physically watching them play, but where all eyes are on all eyes are on the Kings, if you know what I mean, Like, I'm not watching a ten pm tip of the Kings.
Speaker 1: That's like last resort basketball. And then it's back and until they trade all their assets. That'll happen. They trade them all and then it's back to purgatory.
Speaker 3: And then the next group comes in with all the lottery picks you just accumulated that don't fit together because you don't have anyone to evaluate talent. Put them together like a little quiote, and then you do it all over again. Fun times in Sacramento.
Speaker 1: Uh moving along?
Speaker 3: Uh oh rot roll more breaking James Wiseman news alert, Alert alert some info that has just been casually swept under the rug, kind of like when the Pelicans tried to slide in the news during training camp or their media day about Zion coming off of foot surgery, when they were like telling the media like, hey, we've also added carmelcorn to our list of concession offerings as a pregame meal, and you're.
Speaker 1: Like, love Carmel. Kornman, what was that first part you just said? What was that thing about Zion? Did you just say he had off season surgery? When were you gonna tell us that?
Speaker 4: Right now?
Speaker 1: About with the popcorn? Is in Step one? Tell you about the popcorn. Step two, tell you about the media signed seating. Step three, tell you by Zion. Back to James Wiseman.
Speaker 3: You know, James Wiseman, he was that next Superstar Center that the Warriors could have taken LaMelo Ball and then they ended up taking him the one that was gonna come into the league.
Speaker 1: Dominate on both sides of the floor.
Speaker 3: Be a monster on the glass, be a monster defensively, have athleticism, be able to shoot, be able to dribble.
Speaker 1: Do all these things. Play pick and roll with Steph. Make this team better. Like Evan Mobley. Like Evan Mobley, James has not turned into Evan Mobley. He has not.
Speaker 3: He's not even close to Isaiah Mobley, Evan Mobley's older brother who's still in college.
Speaker 1: And I'm not even sure if James Wiseman is as valuable as the.
Speaker 3: Mid century modern cocktail table inside the vintage store around the corner from my apartment called the Modern Mobler, Like I don't even think.
Speaker 1: I don't even that's in real place and didn't make it up. I love mid century modern Furture never goes out of style, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Like I'm a fan of Danish design and like one can last generation after generation.
Speaker 1: The other one is James Wiseman, you know what I mean? Like who knows?
Speaker 3: And just unlike unlike that cocktail table James Wiseman's probably more damaged than we realized. That cocktail table is in great shapes. Nine hundred bucks. I'm still thinking about it right on top. Why what else would the Golden State Warriors hide this particular huge piece of news that just broke. This is what they said, Golden State Warriors Center James Wiseman underwent an additional arthroscopic knee surgery in December.
Speaker 1: Pause. That's like, that's like just this other day, eight.
Speaker 3: Months after his initial meniscus surgery last April. Porkwal Okay, excuse me, what so listen. I follow the Warriors obviously very closely, almost as closely as anyone before. My Twitter was hacked, like eighty seven percent of my mentions. We're all Warriors fans. I have to stay locked in for them, my avatar, Jordan Poole, I'm in. I am into Warriors Twitter. I know what's happening. I know who the pulse of the team has. I know how important Gary Payton the second is. Fucking Jordan Poole, I said it, avatar, And I never heard a peep, not a little bowl peep, not a little peep before Easter.
Speaker 1: Who I love, love those.
Speaker 3: You would think that the number two picked in the twenty twenty draft getting knee surgery just three weeks ago after being touted as early to return this season, which now we're halfway through.
Speaker 1: Would I don't know, be big news, big news. It's just swept under the rug. So apparently here's what happened.
Speaker 3: Wiseman was slated to return to full practice in November, which I told people, No, I've told them, no, that's not gonna happen. You should try to trade them, you should trade them fast.
Speaker 1: Ah, we're doing everything. We got a big man, blah blah. Nobody's listening. But here we go. So then nothing.
Speaker 3: We all figured that they were just being cautious, just like they were about Clay. They're playing so well, they didn't need them.
Speaker 1: Why rush them back.
Speaker 3: As it turns out, apparently Wiseman needed a scope and a cleanup in mid December, which has quote which has quote slowed his anticipated comeback from the injury.
Speaker 1: I mean, no shit, it's another surgery.
Speaker 3: When asked why the Warriors held this info so close to their chest, Anthony Slater, Warriors beat writer, wrote, only they know.
Speaker 1: I know, I know why. Uh, they're trying to move them.
Speaker 3: Uh, I'm not going to speculate, he said, But I started reporting on a possible setback because Wiseman was nearing full five on five scrimmaging in November, and then suddenly.
Speaker 1: He wasn't. He was basically shut down briefly and then return to only doing light individual drills.
Speaker 3: A large step back, no shit, a large step back from where he seemed to be progressing.
Speaker 1: The swelling and the scoping are the reason. Yikes.
Speaker 3: I will speculate for you, Anthony Slater. How about they see Wiseman as an asset and they didn't want to tell the world about something that would devalue said asset, lowering what they could get back if they wanted to.
Speaker 1: I don't know, move them by three weeks from now.
Speaker 3: So when when will we see this deer in the headlights back on the floor again?
Speaker 1: Not anytime soon. It turns out, listen, we're gonna go back find that clip.
Speaker 3: We're gonna put it back in these episodes where it's like, this is what I said, this is what happened. According to sources, maybe by the All Star break, James Wiseman will be back because he's quote unquote nearing contact work again. Now, look for him a lot to get a lot of G League work before coming back to the Warriors full time. Let's face it, you'll probably fall home there.
Speaker 1: Until he can string a.
Speaker 3: Few good years of basketball together. I'm just gonna continue to keep hammering on this. Look for two things to happen. First, get ready for a lot of Greg Odin has entered the chat conversation.
Speaker 1: Anytime his name comes up.
Speaker 3: And Second, more thoughts, more questions, more tears around the Warriors whenever the name.
Speaker 1: LaMelo Ball comes up.
Speaker 3: That's all the time that we have for the heat hate to see it. That's all the time that we have for the Heat Check. Move back in a few days of the brand spanking, brand new episode of The Heat Check. Do not forget to download subscribe, Please tell the homies, all of them and.
Speaker 1: Follow us on this Heat Check and trista criek on TikTok. Hopefully I can get that Twitter back soon, folks, I'm in contact.
Speaker 3: Still hasn't happened yet, Early World, Early squirrely, Soon, soon soon,