Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news. The Stock Movers podcast, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 2: Let's take a look at some stocks on the move today. I'm Emily Grafeo with David Gera, and we're joined by Bloomberg News Equities reporter Alexandra Semenova for stocks on the move.
Speaker 3: Alex what are you looking at? Hey, guys, Great to be on with you. I'm taking a look at a really fun one, actually, Kwave Media that is a company focused on k pop short for Korean popular music. It is soaring today, up one hundred and thirty four percent right now, after saying it would sell up to five hundred million dollars worth of shares to buy bitcoin. The company at some point was up as much as two hundred and thirty six percent today. They say that they plan to become the meta planet of Korea, and actually, funny enough, they're following the same strategy as Michael Saylor's company sty where they sell shares of the company to buy the cryptocurrency. Really interesting. Investors are really liking this.
Speaker 4: This is becoming like a model. I think maybe not a widely spread model.
Speaker 2: I guess the other companies can make a lot of money doing certain dan.
Speaker 3: And just a broader testament to risk investment fully back on the risk mood is obviously very high with companies like this doing so well. They also went public last month through a blink check companies sounding a little bit like twenty twenty one.
Speaker 4: Again, here we are, that's kwn. What else are you watching this afteroon?
Speaker 3: Also looking at dollar a tree, just taking a look at the move right now. It's down more than eight percent. It warned its second quarter profit maybe down fifty percent from a year ago, citing, of course, terraff related costs that also includes the one hundred and forty five percent levies on China. The company did say that it expects to a profits to re accelerate in the second half of the year, but obviously that wasn't enough to please investors. It said that it's sale of Family Dollar for about a billion dollars earlier this year will allow to focus on its dollar store chains, but it is navigating what it says it is called a rapidly evolving environment.
Speaker 4: Still lessing at the fact that, like I was on surveillance yesterday and John Tucker positive the time King had never been in a Dollar Tree store before, which may be in fact true, and he's not here to defend himself. But how much is this like part and parcelvat theme that we're seeing among retailers just kind of expressing concern about, Yes, the uncertainty but in that Taiff policy work.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, uncertainty has been the name of the game in all these corporate earnings. One of my colleagues did a story about how mentions of the word uncertainty reached more than three thousand this earning season. So investors are really you know, companies are trying to navigate it. Investors are trying to navigate it. But something fascinating is Deutsche Bank actually said that the earnings hit is going to be a third of what initially projected because Trump has been backpedaling on his trade policy so much so it may not actually be as bad as a lot of companies are saying.
Speaker 2: Okay, and so Dollar Tree Tacker dlt R down as much as eleven percent today, it's still pretty much holding onto those losses, down about eight percent right now.
Speaker 3: Taking quite a hit right now.
Speaker 2: What else.
Speaker 3: Last one I'm looking at is CrowdStrike, also having a bad day today, down about five percent right now. They projected revenue for the current quarter that came in below Wall Street estimates. They expect sales of one point one five billion dollars in despite actually beating their earnings, their stock is down. It was down as much as nine percent earlier in the day. So they've also been struggling with facing investigations by prosecutors and regulators over a deal with Carosoft Technology, and so they're dealing kind of with a lot of problems right now.
Speaker 1: The Stock Movers podcast from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.