Speaker 1: Welcome into the Ravens Press Past Podcast. It is Friday, November third. The Ravens are getting ready to play the Seattle Seahawks on Sunday, and head coach John Harball discussed today that upcoming matchup against Seattle.
Speaker 2: Hey, everybody, good to see you guys. Great day, great practice. Excited to be playing a very tough opponent at home in front of our crowd. Can't wait, can't wait to get out there and do it. But we still have about forty eight hours to keep getting ready and we'll be we'll be taking advantage of that. So what question do you have, John? I know you've been busy with preparations this week, but the girls Play Football League wrapped up this past week. I know you guys have been involved in.
Speaker 3: So how gratifying has it been to see that come to fruition.
Speaker 2: It's been incredible. It's been incredible. Middletown in Urbana, right, Middletown win in overtime? Yeah, overtime, right, seven to six defensive struggle. That's awesome. I mean, this just really makes you proud, excited. I mean it's just very cool, you know, And congratulates to both those teams making it to the finals the Super Bowl, you know, and hopefully hopefully we can do as well, because has been the preparation for a top of point and they're leading their division and they're strong in both fronts. Well, that's exactly right. I mean, it just nails it right there. They're they're they're a top NFC team. They're they're they're heading up the NFC West at this time because they're playing really good football, uh, complimentary football. They they're built well by kind of how they always are. They're playing Seahawk football. I would say, it's what you come to expect when you when you play the Seahawks. So we understand that you talk about how because including gets Scott and what they're used.
Speaker 1: As you did you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a great question. I guess I'd have to think hard about it, Mike, and it's almost like he's across the board gotten so much better. But I would say, if I was gonna pick the number one thing that he's really improved at, it's it's just understanding of the relationships in the back end deep its deep middle or deep half, uh, to the routes and having his vision opened up a little bit and seeing all the different different routes that come in that he's got to be responsible for. He's really done a good job with that, I think. I think the whole defense so far has done really good with the deep ball, you know. So we've got to keep keep doing that and keep building that. But he's he's a pretty versatile player. You know, he plays everywhere. He plays bowl safeties, he plays in the nickel, plays in the dime sometimes, you know, he blitzes, he covers, He's been on wide receivers, covering wide receivers as well. So yeah, we're pretty pretty happy with him. And he I think he knows more than anybody in the way he approaches is that he can get better, a lot better even than he is right now. John, we haven't hasn't practiced all week.
Speaker 3: Based on his experience, is there still a possibility that even though he hasn't practice that he could possibly still do out play.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean he could play without practice, There's no doubt about it. Just have to see how it feels. Uh, he wanted to practice today, you know, and we we just nixed that, you know, for but that's the kind of guy Morgan is. He's old school, you know, he wants to get out there.
Speaker 3: No, hamstrings are tricky.
Speaker 2: How did Marcus Williams do this week? If he did well? He did well? Hamstrings are tricky. You know. We'll just have to see going you know, into the game kind of probably be right up to it. You know, we'll see and see where he's at.
Speaker 3: It seems like today was another of those mental sweat practices he did you've gone to in the last few weeks. What's the I guess, the working, I guess, But what's the thought you guess? I guess, Well, just what's what's the something doing? Managing the winning is what.
Speaker 2: They do say that wisdom is in the results, right, I mean, you know so, uh, it's easier to continue to do something when it's been successful, certainly, you know, so that's part of it. But also that I would say the fact that for me as a coach, you see, I like what I see when we're doing it. You know, we're doing it in a way where they're locked in and their attention to detail and they're communicating, et cetera, and and you feel good about it. If it wasn't that, then probably wouldn't be doing it. So so far, so good. But it'll change. I mean, there'll be days we'll be back in pad soon enough on Wednesday, will be We'll be going fast Fridays at some point. And I'm sure it's just kind of think. You go by where you're at in the season and how your guys are and kind of what you feel like you need that wee can I talk to the players? I mean I asked Lamar today what you thought, you know, because you know, as a quarterback, he might want to get those routes timed up, you know, because that's valuable too, and you do miss that on Friday if you don't do it that way. So all that comes into play.
Speaker 3: John, probably a question better, sir, for Eric, But would you like to see the trade downline push back to the later in the season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, you know, am I the right guy to ask? I don't know, because I'm sure there's some unintended consequences, but I would say yeah, I would say, yeah, why not, you know, make it be better for players, be better, and it is better for the players and the teams and for the fans. To me, is good for the game, you know, as long as it doesn't compromise, you know, the fairness and the integrity. But as far as I can tell, it would be be great. Oh it's another opportunity for him to say.
Speaker 3: That said nothing. You know, we've talked a lot about Brokwon and everyone talks about how good of a leader he has been. I won't said for you. I mean, you're you're one of the leaders as well. What do you think separates Roquon as just being being a great leader?
Speaker 2: So the deep question I get the deep question to get on Friday, Probably I would say that he is. He's he doesn't have any fear about how he's perceived. He's he understands, you know, what he thinks is important and what he believes in his way of doing it. And as a leader, he's not afraid to say, hey, this is what I expect from myself and and and by extension everybody else, you know, And that's that's kind of a big deal.
Speaker 1: That was head coach John Harbaugh. If you want more of a preview on this game against Seattle, head over to the Lounge podcast feed, where we had a chance to sit down with Mark Andrews this week, and we also looked ahead to this game against Seattle. Make sure you leave a rating, interview, and hit that subscribe button as well. Thanks for listening and enjoy the game on Sunday at one o'clock at M and T Bank Stadium.