Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 3: This is Girls Talk Boys Talk, presented by Jigsaw Dating preferred dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys and broadcasting live from.
Speaker 1: Dallas Cowboys World Headquarters at the Star.
Speaker 3: Now your hosts, Christy Scales, Aisha Morrison, Nicole Hutchison, and Jess Navarrees.
Speaker 4: Cowboys Nation, Happy Friday. Welcome into Girls Talk Boys Talk presented by Jigsaw, the third dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys, and Nicole Hutchison and Christy Scales are coming to you live from oxtar And, California. You got Jess Navarrees and Aisha Morrison live in studio.
Speaker 5: The Girlies back together. How are y'all is? Dudio?
Speaker 6: It's nice we're here.
Speaker 2: We're living our best life, Passtar.
Speaker 6: It's kind of cloudy outside.
Speaker 7: I know we're not getting burned out here while y'all are speak FIRS, living y'all's best life.
Speaker 2: I still got burned today. No, I still got burned today.
Speaker 6: Well, you know hard.
Speaker 5: Out here for Texas weather. Well I'm dead.
Speaker 4: We've got a lot of news to talk about today, y'all. We've got na Shawn Right will get to CD in our next segment, but nay Shaun Wright being traded to the Minnesota Vikings for a second.
Speaker 5: Rounder in the twenty twenty two NFL Draft.
Speaker 4: Andrew Booth, I'll start with Christy first, just kind of what was like the atmosphere a little bit and no one practice. There were kind of words about it, but the news just hadn't been broken yet. But what would you got to say the you know, atmosphere of practice was like after not seeing nay Shaw.
Speaker 8: Right, Yeah, well, it's like, hm, was there an injury that we didn't know about that happened in the joint practice with the Rams yesterday? And we'll detail some of the things we saw about the joint practice later. But it's not an usual for things to happen like this at this point of camp. In fact, I remember it would have been back in twenty eighteen. We had a preseason game mid August in Houston.
Speaker 9: We're at Energy Stadium and I'm standing on the sideline and I'm.
Speaker 8: In Charverius Ward, who's this rookie cornerback, and he's standing next to me instead of going through warmups.
Speaker 9: It's like what's going on?
Speaker 8: And then he walked off and I walk up to Will McLay and I said, what's up. Was Tarverius injured or what's going on? I said, no, we just traded him to the Kansas City Chiefs. So the guy shows up at the stadium thinking that he's going to play a game and he ends up being traded.
Speaker 9: So that's probably what happened with Wright.
Speaker 8: He probably found out this morning or midday, maybe even last night, but on his way to Minnesota. So I think for Andrew Booth, as Nicole mentioned as a player, a high draft pick by the Vikings out of Clemson, a highly recruited athlete, five star, top ten recruit in the nation going into Clemson, and I think for both of these players, it's the same position, different body type. We'll talk more about that as we go along, but it can be a fresh start for both of them because I think that both, you know, it became a parent that maybe they weren't able to, you know, like.
Speaker 5: Hit their threshold.
Speaker 8: Yeah, they hit their threshold in Nashwan. He did get those first team reps in place of Trayvon Diggs, and obviously through the first couple of weeks of camp that I guess the staff obviously didn't think that he was able to take full advantage of that. And so let's see if he can have success in Minnesota, and let's see a talented guide like Booth once he gets here, how he fits in with a Zimmer's system, and get Al Harris to get him coached up, and let's see what.
Speaker 5: He can do a asia.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: So two things about this trade. Number one, I think this is a fresh start for both of these gentlemen to get into different schemes and see if they fit.
Speaker 6: But number two, this has a lot to do with what.
Speaker 7: The Cowboys have seen from Kayln Carson. He's done most of his work on the outside our hairs.
Speaker 6: So you got to Christy's.
Speaker 7: Point, has done a great job with this second, Deary, I mean to see Kaylen Carson coming and to man that outside spot in Trayvon Diggs's absence this camp, it's been impressive and we saw some good things from him on the in the scrimmage yesterday. This he and I just I think that Booth is just more of a scheme fit for some of the things that Zimmer likes to do currently.
Speaker 6: Right now, he wants to.
Speaker 7: He wants guys that are okay with pressing, he wants guys that are okay with being very physical with their hands tackling.
Speaker 6: And also to.
Speaker 7: Booth brings some special teams ability, which I think the little bit that we have seen ladies from preseason, there are gonna be opportunities there for special teams for some of.
Speaker 6: These guys to get a roster spot.
Speaker 7: So I think, well, yeah, because of the way that it's set up now, in the way that it's done, so I do think that the this gentleman being brought over Andrew Bruth has a lot to do with what Kayln Carson has been doing and how well he's looked at camp. But also too, because Kayln Carson has played outside so much, you still haven't really established another backup nickel besides Deron Bland, who we know is also doing outside stuff because your Lewis has come to play, So Andrew Booth possibly has some ability to do some nickel things as well. I think it's a good fit and his temperament fits the bill, so we'll see how it goes. And good for these two gentlemen to have fresh starts and start over and figure things out.
Speaker 2: Well, I have to get it out of my system and say that's right one more time.
Speaker 6: She I was, I didn't know what was happening just then.
Speaker 2: I was so sad. You know, any pun, any pun like Navy, you don't have to take advantage of it, that's right. But you know what I was really noticing, and while you're on it about special teams that you should was watching the preseason game and kind of watching more of the scrimmage, uh, and kind of how these special teams rules are playing out, and kind of the body types that are needed for this. I'm just comparing the two Nayshon write about six four to two hundred pounds Andrew Booth about six feet and then one hundred and ninety four pounds. So it's interesting to see like the size differentiation because I feel like you're gonna need a bigger body there. But special teams could be a make or break for a guy like this. Here's the thing. When you're coming in fresh off of a trade, you're coming in to a new scheme, a new team. What you want to do, if you're Booth at this point is you need to make an early impression. And how do you do that while you go in there and you be a sponge, you be ready to learn. I feel like for a guy like this not going to be an issue. But if that means you learn on special teams and you make your standout moment be then then you do what you can do, because you're kind of at a slight disadvantage if you will, being where he is, coming in to a new scheme kind of learning as everybody learns, that could be an advantage and upper hand there, but overall, coming in a little bit later when everybody else, especially the newer guys, have had the last few weeks to acclimate at training camp. So for me, what I want to see is the big play, and I want to see that big play happening quickly for him, whether it be in preseason games or in training camp here in the next couple of weeks.
Speaker 6: Nicole really quickly.
Speaker 5: I wanted to say, go ahead, go ahead, Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 7: I wanted to say that he has been at camp, so that transition him being in football shape shouldn't be a problem.
Speaker 6: Number one, and also.
Speaker 7: Too, when he played in Clemson, they run a lot of zone scheme and we're starting to see we got to see in that scrimmage we've been hearing about the hearing the offensive players talk about the disguises and some of the things that Zimmer likes to do. So when you talk about scheme, Jess, I do think that him being able to comprehend the scheme, he might be at a little bit of an advantage because he has playing in a heavily zoned scheme, but he also can do some things in man.
Speaker 4: How soon do you all kind of see Andrew Booth just maybe more obviously only be used more as a death piece, but how soon do you feel like you guys could see him potentially, you know, producing for this team, this defense.
Speaker 8: Do you mean as early as like the Sunday getting to or just in terms of stepping in steping in. Well, let's hope that we don't have to see a lot of them once we get to the regular season, because it means that something's happened that Trayvon isn't ready, you know, one, getting a full you know, all of his normal game reps that he would get as he's coming back from his knee injury.
Speaker 9: It's going to be.
Speaker 8: Interesting to see if Booth how many practice reps he'll get the remaining part of training camp and the preseason games if he does work inside, because I think I usually made a great point about at the nickel, because what we're going.
Speaker 9: To see a lot in the first couple of.
Speaker 8: Preseason games is a guy named Keimen Hall who's University of North Texas, so.
Speaker 9: Mean green, go mean green.
Speaker 8: But he's been working behind Jordan Lewis in the nickel mostly, and so Israel Mukuamu was doing a lot of that earlier in camp, but Israel's missed this week, been practiced because of a groin injury. So I think we're going to see a lot of number forty three Halls, so get ready for that.
Speaker 9: But if Booth were able to.
Speaker 8: Take some of those reps and work work in, that would be something. And in regards to I just want to follow up on something because Jess said about want to see him make plays. That's what Canlin Carson did yesterday with the interception that he made yesterday. I mean he cut, he made a break on that ball a la Duron Bland and tray Von Diggs, and so if he can take what he did in that joint practice going against the top guys for the Rams and do it against the second and third teamers in preseason, then his confidence it's just going to grow and and you know, reinforce what he's already been putting on the field here in the training camp practices.
Speaker 6: Asian, Uh yeah, I agree. I mean that's the thing for me is the fact that oh Tater tots.
Speaker 7: That's the thing for me is the fact is the fact that this this team and the way that they're using these guys. As far as like Doron Bland, it feels like he's going to be an outside corner. It's just that's what it feels like. But Jordan lewis having a camp that he has had. I think that nickel hit spot is his and he seems comfortable in this scheme. There needs to be a backup Nickel and so to me, I think you're lacking more and will you have more depth.
Speaker 6: On the outside. Hopefully maybe he can come in and do that.
Speaker 7: But again, as I mentioned, the special teams experience could be the way that he finds his way on the field. It could be the way that he figures things out during preseason and makes an impression on this team to maybe get on the field.
Speaker 6: A little bit more.
Speaker 2: Tis waiting for my cue.
Speaker 6: I'm trying.
Speaker 2: We're trying to work on our cues here a little bit together. We're all in this together. But I was gonna say, piggybacking off of you should his point about Jordan Lewis, what you're seeing is a healthy Jordan Lewis, who last year was rehabbing from a horrific foot injury, who barely you know, caught his Uh what, sorry, Jesse, he's talking my ear. I thought she was telling me something. Wow, Sorry, I lost my train of thought there. What you're saying is that Jordan Lewis, who finally caught caught up to where he had for himself in his expectations towards the tail end of last season, right before playoffs, and you started to see those pass breakups, very very full flashes of Jordan Lewis and what he's best at. And the thing about Jordan Lewis is he's very opening, candid about everything with anybody who wants to go have a conversation with him. He's very honest, and he was very honest through his recovery journey that it was very difficult to come back from. And you know, part of that journey to come back is a mental journey as well, and he said, you know, if it wasn't for the other guys he was rehabbing with during the year, like Terrence Still and Tony Pollard, he really would have struggled more. So what you're seeing now from Jordan Lewis is a full fledged Jordan Lewis who's healthy again and who got over that mental hurdle. So anytime you can see a player do that, especially coming back from the injury that he did, man, it's such a feel good moment for Jordan Lewis, and I know he's just excited about it and celebrating with all of those guys that overcame the injuries, especially you know, his injury buddy, Terrence Steele, who is also having a better kid because he's feeling better. Right, So seeing that it also energizes the guys around him. Energizes a Deron Bland, energizes a tray Von Diggs when all of your unit is healthy, ready to go. And so no doubt that, Kaylen Carson, Man Christy, you were mentioning him and I'm chomping at the bitch to talk about him. So I'll wait until we get into that conversation. But all I'm saying is I don't want to be an opposing quarterback. I'm going to decide where I want to throw those DB's this season. No, thank you, y'all.
Speaker 4: Want to know something funny, So yesterday I actually asked Dak Prescott on the podium. I was like, hey, like, you know, what's your first impressions on Kayln Carson because he had a pick on Jimmy g And he was like who. And I'm like, I saw Kayln Carson and he was like who. And I'm like, dude, like, there's no way you can makee me like a little crazy right now.
Speaker 6: I was used.
Speaker 4: He goes, oh, wait, walk in seat belt. Yep, they only know him as seatbelt Carson.
Speaker 5: I said, that's insane.
Speaker 8: Like hmm okay, cool, got it for receive receiver, not going anywhere locked down like a seatbelt crazy.
Speaker 4: So he's already made a name for himself, especially with hey, Dak Prescott and what who better than them?
Speaker 5: Make your name with your your quarterback?
Speaker 8: Right It's like when Brandon Aubrey got the nickname Butter from Dak last year.
Speaker 9: That's like an honor when you've arrived, is.
Speaker 8: When is when you're getting the the you know, nicknames from the all pros on the on the team.
Speaker 5: You one last thing.
Speaker 8: Regarding Andrew Booth just to kind of follow up with the numbers on the special teams because you're riding he's going to be active on game day. Then this so last year over one hundred and twenty snaps on special teams. So obviously a core special teams player for Minnesota, even though he wasn't getting the def andive snaps in his second year, it's seventeen games just once start, only one hundred and fifty defensive snaps, but over one hundred and twenty special team snaps. So yes, bringing him here and hopes that he can be one of the core special teams.
Speaker 4: Guys, I've got to add something, Sorr. I'll ask you, guys something about Nayseean Wright. Do y'all feel like it was just his time to go and you know, maybe possibly flourish somewhere else, because I feel like that was kind of how this team felt a little bit.
Speaker 5: I U sh'all start with you this time.
Speaker 6: I feel like it's a mixture of a couple of things. I mean, new coaching.
Speaker 7: Staff, new scheme, draft period, get to draft your guys, get to draft the guys to think you know fit And like I said before, we can't talk about it anymore. Kayln Carson coming in here and showing what he could do really put that changed that conversation to me and what they're really looking for. I like I said before, I think it's just a good fresh start for him. It was just it just felt like every year he was always and waiting Keith special teamer.
Speaker 6: That's something to note.
Speaker 7: Of course, so but just it just never really connected for him. He never really got a shot just because of the other guys they had on this team, bron and Stefan Gilmour last year. You know, it's just every time he would get some momentum, something would happen or I just didn't think. I personally just feel like the scheme fit is the difference right now, and so hopefully he can go do some things there.
Speaker 2: Yeah and Minnchelta, Yeah, good for him. New Man on the Minnesota Vikings, as Lizzo once said, but.
Speaker 9: She needs to go to jail.
Speaker 2: I missed you guys, you're gonna say, but literally new Man on the Minnesota Vikings Honestly, here's the thing is, I think players like nay Sean who don't get the opportunity that other guys do or maybe you know, are always kind of overlooked. It's not a bad idea to go somewhere new, and when you come from the Dallas Cowboys, you're looked at differently instantly because you have that, You've warned the star, You understand and what it is to be a football player in this league, and one for a really hard team to play for, as far as the limelight, the media, you know, just the scheme, the everything that comes with the territory of being a Dallas Cowboy. So you're looked at differently. When you go to other teams, you're respected, You're you know, you're kind of looked upon for advice, especially by younger players. And at least that's what I've gathered from, you know, players that have gone to other teams. But I think for nay Sean, a fresh start is not a bad thing. I don't I don't necessarily think, uh, how do I say this. I don't necessarily think with what he had, he was going to get any more opportunities this season because you have a walking seat belt coming in making a name for himself this early in camp. That's only going to get better with a little bit more polishing by Al Harris and the rest of the coaching staff on the.
Speaker 7: Defense, ladies, really quick, can I ask, with this going on and Nashan Wright being a gentleman that was a part of the other regime as well, how has Eric Scott to you ladies out there, Because you know, he's another guy that we don't talk about as much. He came in last year, was a late round pick. We didn't see him really at all last year, was inactive quite a few times.
Speaker 6: What do you ladies, What have you ladies seen from.
Speaker 7: Him that maybe kept him out of these even this type of conversation.
Speaker 4: I think he's competing. Al Harris was actually asked this a couple of days ago when the coordinators talked, and he's competing, well, I just don't think that he has that that ballhawk mentality just yet, like a Kaylon Carson, like Deron Bland, Trey Ron Diggs. I mean, I think that he's doing a very good job for right now. When you see guys like him going up against Jayalen Tolbert, he's not as fast right, and I think that that's something that he kind of lacks a little bit. I don't know, maybe if I'm not seeing the same thing, Christy, what are you thinking?
Speaker 8: Well, it's interesting because with Right, you know, actually Eric's wanted the bigger corners on your roster. Now it's six foot two because because Wright was one of at six foot four. You know, there was that thing where the the they were drafting guys, you know, the bigger body type.
Speaker 9: So it's what the coordinators.
Speaker 8: And what you know, with the with the coaches want the scouts work in conjunction with them, and so that's kind of the body type that they were going after.
Speaker 9: But in regards for Eric Scott, oh my.
Speaker 8: Gosh, this Sunday could be huge for him because he's moved up the depth chart de facto because Trayvon Diggs isn't going to play uh in the preseason games and uh with Wright out of here, and you know, you doubt that that that the that the new guy that Booth you know, may not play on Sunday since he will just be you know, finding his way.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 8: Still maybe he'll be fitted for his uniform by them. But you get my point, he'll be new. So this is a golden opportunity for Eric Scott. And right when you say didn't have the opportunities he did this year, he did in the can't get in first team reps and unfortunately he wasn't able to take advantage of it. So now it's Eric Scott's turn, at least for a couple days, maybe just this game where he gets more than he would so he better. You know, it's put up her, shut up times, you know, show what you can do. He has made some strides definitely in practice, but can he put that forward and will it manifest itself on game day?
Speaker 9: That's what he has to answer. That's the question he has to answer.
Speaker 5: I like that put up or shut up?
Speaker 6: Well, Hey, the NFL's.
Speaker 4: Business, certainly, h Nayshaun Wright understands that. Ceedee Lamb also understands that as well. We'll be talking about Ceedee Lamb him wanting his money. Is he a priority for this team or is he not? That's coming up right after the break.
Speaker 11: We know that juicy, cheesy, grilled to perfection burger sounds amazing, but it does sound like something is missing. HEPSI baby the yin to this Burger's Yang Burger's Pepsi go together like well, like burgers and pepsi. This perfect blending of flavors makes every bite of lettuce, every sesame seed on the butt, and every sip of that crisp refreshing ice cold Koola a journey to food doopia.
Speaker 9: Burgers better with pepsi. That's what I like.
Speaker 12: At Jigsaw Dating, we obviously want the Cowboys to bring that sixth ring home, but to be honest, we're more focused on finding the person who.
Speaker 5: Will put a ring on your finger.
Speaker 12: That's why we created a dating app that reveals your face through meaningful conversation so you can date deeper, because it's personality that matters the most, not looks. Join Jigsaw Dating Today, dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 13: It's the official Min's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare at and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites in a full sized, intense therapy with ball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 10: The Dickey family always mandated that the only police style sausage worthy of their restaurant must have high quality of course ground beef and port rich spices and fresh natural casings. We still serve it to this day and it's so popular.
Speaker 14: Dickey Sausage has been named the official sausage of the Dallas Cowboys, the perfect matchup on game day Dickey's Barbecue Pit.
Speaker 10: No one out smokes us. Order at Dicky's dot com for groups called eight sixty six barber Cups.
Speaker 15: On the Ribs.
Speaker 2: Elevate your game this twenty twenty four season with the official training camp Headwork Collection. Find it it at a pro shop near you or online at shop dot Dallascowboys dot com. A fanatics experience and get ready for football season. I got tongue tied there. I got so excited about it. So yeah, you can go to shop dot Dallascowboys dot com. Get ready, get your gear going, because guess what preseason for the Dallas Cowboys starts Winnicle. How many days?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know who's not shopping? Oh god, the Cowboys for a new star receiver. Better not be a lead.
Speaker 6: Y'all.
Speaker 5: See what I tried there, I tried it. I tried in a field. But no. Obviously, with joint practice taking.
Speaker 4: Over yesterday, technically we had a little little bit more news that kind of overshadowed that after practice Cede Lamb. Actually they'll start with Jerry Jones, Cowboys owner and GM Jerry Jones speaking to the media, and something that kind of made its way to social media was that he said that there was no sense of urgency when trying to get that contract done with cd Lamb.
Speaker 5: But Ceedee Lamb took the.
Speaker 4: Social media quote, tweeted the tweet Lol, A whole bunch of Shenanigan's going on. But Cowboys Executive vice president Stephen Jones mentioned on a podcast that, you know, there's zero thoughts about not having Ceedee Lamb on this team here with the Dallas Cowboys in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 5: Christy, let's just start with you with the whole noise.
Speaker 4: How was kind of like the with that whole thing happening, What were your thoughts about Yeah, well.
Speaker 8: If you just hear the SoundBite or just read the quote, you know, not a sense of urgency. Please take it in context, because as part of this conversation coming off the practice field after the joint practice with the Rams Jerry's and it's not the first thing that was asked.
Speaker 9: He was talking about a lot of different.
Speaker 8: Things, but among them how Jalen Tolbert and players like that are able to take advantage of their opportunities and see these absence and get work with the ones.
Speaker 9: So in context the.
Speaker 8: Urgency, of course, he wants to get CD signed, but he was trying to allude to the fact that if there's a silver lining in this is that young guys are getting work that they would not get if CD were here.
Speaker 9: So that's the context. But how did it play?
Speaker 8: I think it played very poorly because fans are still mad about the perceived lack of urgency and free agency, and so I'm curious, Jess and Aisha, I shall start with you.
Speaker 9: We're out here and we're not hearing.
Speaker 8: The same amount of drum beat from the fans as you guys are there in North Texas and heart a Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 9: Did it play back home.
Speaker 2: Oh we played all right? Oh yeah, I mean it played. That's all I've heard about all day.
Speaker 7: Twitter has been in what we call the shambles.
Speaker 6: Shambles and I mean and and here's my sam and here's my thing.
Speaker 5: Christy.
Speaker 7: I so you're you're a lot more knowledgeable than most of us on the show in regard to contracts and how these things work, timelines, et cetera. But I do understand some of the fans frustration with the fact that this feels like things that they could have been proactive about sooner, and you know, waiting this long period of time to be able to do these things has put them in a position. And it's and again it's repetitive. It's not just a one time thing. We're experiencing this with almost every big player that is up has an upcoming contract, and it's it's it is, it's it's confounding.
Speaker 6: And I understand some of fans' frustration.
Speaker 7: Especially when we're not talking about no scrubs, were not talking about no and not to kind.
Speaker 6: Of by the scrub. I was listening to tlc.
Speaker 7: Earl Scrub, but like you know, we're not talking we're talking about guys that are in the top percentile of the sport, you know what I'm saying, And so some of this exactly some of this stuff would be a no brainer, you feel like, and that there would be some proactiveness about it.
Speaker 6: So I get some of the frustration, but.
Speaker 7: I also understand that there are other parts that we don't know about and other subsets that go on through these negotiations.
Speaker 6: So I just believe that fans are just you know, it's it's weird not seeing CD out there.
Speaker 7: And to your point, Christy and Jerry's point, I do think it's beautiful that we've been able to see Jayalen Tolbert really flourish this camp and really show what he can do, and then some of these other guys get opportunities with the ones. However, this offense, a lot of it runs through with cde Lamb.
Speaker 6: CD Lamb dictates how people play defense.
Speaker 7: And so him not being out there, it's it's not really giving a realistic view of how teams are really going to scheme against you, and also to what you're gonna be able to do offensively because of all of the because of all of the attention.
Speaker 6: That he draws. So I will say silver lining.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but there's a few there's a few little wrinkles in there that make me say we wish he was here because we would get a more realistic look even in like a ram scrimmage on like okay, how do people stop him? And now you might have a Jalen Tolbert coming in as a three receiver and being successful and also to a Brandon Cooks who looks fresh as well.
Speaker 2: Let him cook right real quick. I want to read the quote because Nick Harris went and tweeted what the whole context of the quote was. So Nick Harris tweeted Jarry Jones on Talks with cit quote, we're getting great work done and making milk progress. I don't think we're losing a step with where we are now. He also says there isn't a sense of urgency to get a deal done before the end of training camp. Okay, so with context, it sounds a little different than what was happening on social media, right. It was very much so without context, and I understand, Like to your point, Ayisha, I understand why people are upset. Like you said, this is a pattern, and it's a pattern that doesn't seem to break. It's a pattern that could have been avoided this time. It's something we've been talking about for a year now. It's not surprising when these things come up, And to be quite honest, it wasn't that surprising that kind of seasoned ced Lamb had from what he was projected to have in training camp last year. So here's the thing. It's really difficult because we live in a world with social media that amplifies things. So for me, I think the most frustrating part of this situation is if this whole thing stalls it out even longer, because now you have a player clearly upset on social media because of social media drama, right, And so to that point, I think that's why it frustrates me, because you're already in waiting your one receiver is not there. But I also don't want it to get twisted that he's not practicing while he's not there. It's not like Seedee Lamb sitting at home just hanging out like not doing anything. He understands what football shape is, he understands what his role is. So I don't want it to get twisted that even though he's not at camp, he's not getting work in and Furthermore, we've already said multiple times on the show he's gotten work in with the rest of the receivers and Dak Prescott, so that work is being done, and it was being done before training camp. It is just a frustrating situation as a whole, but at the end of the day, like it's gonna happen. When it's gonna happen, you have to control what you can control. And as a fan, I understand where the frustration comes from from for you all, but also as a professional and understanding how these things work and how much money you have to really seed out because you waited so long. You can't just hand ceed whatever you want him to get a fair deal. So if that means it takes a little bit longer so he gets the money he deserves, we all have to wait it out. Sorry, I had a soapbox a little bit. I've been look at my other job all morning. That's all people wanted to talk to me about, and I just had to get it out because I was like, ahuh yeah, yeah, I can't really say much. So it's just been it's just been a little crazy. But Ayisha, it's just us. In the meantime, Okay, we're gonna get Nicole and Christie back here in a little bit. But to kind of bounce off that. Here's the thing about Ceedee Lamb. What are you expecting from the rest of the wide receiver corps kind of going forward when he does come back, when he is integrated back into everything, who do you think is going to bounce off well with him? Given I'm talking more younger rookies, younger players, who do you see right now has the upperhand other than Jalen Tolbert.
Speaker 7: I think that a guy like a Jalen Marino Cropper is really going to take to He's really gonna take to a ced Lamb because they're both route runners.
Speaker 6: They're both guys that can do things in the slot.
Speaker 7: Obviously, I think ceed Lamb can do a little bit more at the X and the outside because Cropper just has a smaller frame. But the route running and the precision in the route running, and how care, how much care they put into being route runners, I think they're gonna see eye to eye and really agree with each other. Now, back to the point about the fact that other guys have been getting opportunity. I wonder if we see them slow pay slow play Cede Lamb and not to like, oh he's on a pitch count, but hey, preserve your man. Yeah, Like this offense is, you know, not in an install period anymore. So there's been wrinkles implemented into this offense. Down that might be different, that might look different. Furthermore, Dak is really connected with Jayleen Tobert. We see Dak go to Ceedee Lamb on fourth down, third downs, those clutch moments. Hey, him and Jayalen Tobert have really built a connect here.
Speaker 6: When you see a quarterback scrambling, look at who he's.
Speaker 7: Going to yep, and it'll it'll let you know a lot about who he trust.
Speaker 6: And Jalen Tolbert's been that guy. So it's it.
Speaker 7: Really also to it again, if Jalen Tolbert is going to be Jake Ferguson as well, Like I'm sure you're gonna talk about him, But if those guys are really gonna dictate coverage, it's gonna put a lot of off Uh, You're just gonna put a lot of defenses in a position to what they got to make business decisions. And so yeah, I mean I think this is gonna help the whole room the fact that you know he hasn't been around, even though I think he can come in and integrate really quickly.
Speaker 2: And you know you're talking about younger guys. But on the other side of the spectrum you have a Brandon Cooks who was absolutely cooking at that scrimmage. Somehow someway he looks even faster, like man travels at the speed of light, I swear, And it's almost crazy. Just he walked in here last year and you could see an automatic chemistry and connection with him and Dak. But with a year of that flourishing, you can really see it off the bat. So what I'm excited about going forward, obviously we won't see it preseason, is you know last year Seed he was getting all the attention rightfully, so wide receiver one. I want to see a little bit more of Brandon Cook's I want to see a little bit more you know, of letting him cook if you will, because here's the thing. You get that ball to that man, you're not going to see him until he's in the end zone. Like his speed, Aisha, how do you preserve that much as a player? Being where he is in his career, Brandon Cooks, how is he doing what he's doing going into what year? What year is he in now? Eight, maybe longer than that. How do you preserve that as a wide receiver? And what impact have you seen even that from the guys you've talked to in the locker room that he has made in the last year that he's been here.
Speaker 7: Well, I mean when you talk about how can he preserve that speed? I've touched base with Brandon Cook's. The wide receiver position is something that I'm still really trying to get as much information at and learning.
Speaker 6: So I like to go to the players and be like, hey, teach me, teach me.
Speaker 7: So I was asking him what thing I noticed about him? And Tyler Lockett wide receiver for the Seahawks.
Speaker 6: Have a very they have a habit.
Speaker 7: Listen that ball hits their hands if they're in the position to run with the ball and gets to run after catch, Sure you can do that. However, you see you'll see Brandon Cooks he shields his body when he takes contact, when he prepares for contact, and a lot of people don't like that. They'd be like, oh, why he doing that? He a football player?
Speaker 15: Whatever.
Speaker 7: That's another reason why he's preserved his body. I think Brandon will tell you the good Lord because he's very serious about his faith and also too, he just takes everything seriously. Remember they came in last year and guys were saying just how strict he was about his eating habits made them feel like they have to be better.
Speaker 6: But to your point, you know, back to.
Speaker 7: What can them connecting this year bring to this team, Yo, Huh. What it's gonna do is gonna make defenses have to make choices, like I said, because they didn't really connect on that deep ball quickly as much as we expected them to get.
Speaker 6: But once you.
Speaker 7: Start really throwing that rock and making people pay, I bet you they stopped coming so close to the line of scrimmage. I bet you they back up and they're back pedaling, and they're just a little bit more hesitant. It's gonna open up this offense even more to have that explosive threat consistently more consistently this year, and also too, it might actually help but open up some of the run game stuff because you can't just leave a robber down there, you can't just bring somebody, you can't walk a safety up to the line of scrimmage.
Speaker 6: He's gonna make you pay. He's gonna run by you.
Speaker 7: So I think schematically us seeing them connect specifically yesterday, deep crossers, things like that, causing conflict, rub routes, stuff like that.
Speaker 6: We're playing some football now, you know what I'm saying, Like they are some football.
Speaker 2: I also wanted to correct myself. Oh ladies, he is in year eleven, and you know what we are welcoming back our girls. They are We missed you that brief. We were talking about Brandon Cooks and you know how he pretty much travels with the speed of light and you can tell. But ladies, I want to get from your perspective in Oxnard, who from tight ends wide receivers, also stuck out to you during the scrimmage yesterday. On the offense, I know I'm putting you on the.
Speaker 8: John Stevens had a touchdown catch there down in red zone and that was very good.
Speaker 9: And I know that.
Speaker 8: The staff here is really excited to see what he can do in the game on Sunday against the rams See.
Speaker 9: And the other thing is with the game action.
Speaker 8: Even though it was a joint practice and there was contact and some a little bit tackling and stuff like that, it's going to be full, all out real football on Sunday. And so the thing about him, the question is, since he was a wide receiver in college and now tight end, can you put him at the end of the line and how is he going to do as a blocker. So we're finally going to get to see that on Sunday, and it's all about keeping Padlows low and you know, maintaining your leverage and the proper technique, and so they're really looking at him. Princeton fant do not sleep on this kid.
Speaker 9: Second year.
Speaker 8: He played quite a bit last year, mainly on special teams. We've been talking about on the show looking for him, and then nobody's talking about Alec Caller, the kid what Central Florida. He's shown some good things too when he'll get probably more opportunities in the second and third preseason games. But there's a lot of depth at the tight end position. We won't see Jake Ferguson. Also, Peyton Hendershot didn't take part in the practice yesterday because of the shoulder injury and didn't take part in practice this afternoon, So that leads to me to think that he probably won't play Sunday against the Rams.
Speaker 5: I was going to go real fast before we take our break.
Speaker 4: I was going to go cooks and I I feel like he's just so much lighter on his feet.
Speaker 5: I don't know what the hell he did this offseason.
Speaker 4: He looks like I think Jess was actually mentioning that he looks so much faster. He had a touchdown pass he caught him path from Dak Prescott in the back of the end zone, and he just looks so fast. They're lining them up everywhere, and I'm gonna say a little hot take here.
Speaker 5: I think he could have in a thousand yard receiving season this year. Boom yep.
Speaker 4: I'm taking it there because he said six in his career, so.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna go there. But for now, we've got to take our second break. Ladies. We're gonna let him cooking. That deserves a Dan Jazzy when we come right back.
Speaker 4: When we come back, y'all, we're gonna be talking about the Rams Cowboys preseason kickoff at three pm on Sunday.
Speaker 12: We'll be right back at Jigsaw Dating. We obviously want the Cowboys to bring that sixth ring home, but to be honest, we're more focused on finding the person.
Speaker 5: Who will put a ring on your finger.
Speaker 12: That's why we created a dating app that reveals your face through meaningful conversation so you can date deeper, because it's personality that matters the most, not looks. Join Jigsaw Dating Today, Dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 9: You know that sound anywhere.
Speaker 11: It's the crisp crunch, the first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio sitting atop a layer of delicious beans. It's a sip away from perfection. That's what we're looking for. Add a delicious, refreshing pepsi, and we've achieved absolute nacho nirvana. Because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy, savory topping, there's no topping of cool PEPSI. Finish nachos better with pepsi.
Speaker 9: That's what I like.
Speaker 10: The Dickey family always mandated that the only police style sausage worthy of their restaurant must have high quality, coarse ground beef and port rich spices and fresh natural casings. We still serve it to this day and it's so popular. Dickey Sausage has.
Speaker 14: Been named the official sausage of the Dallas Cowboys the perfect matchup on game day.
Speaker 10: Dickie's Barbecue Pit No One out smokes us. Order at Dickies dot com for groups called eight sixty six Barber on the Ramps.
Speaker 13: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys. Jack Black and right Now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus Because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy wifball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com. Slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 2: Stales Cowboys, Youth Football and Dan's Camps presented by Invisiligne are back athletes of all skill levels, ages six to sixteen are invited to learn from the best of the summer at the Ford Center at the Star in Frisco. Camps have campers have the chance to learn it technical skills and lessons on teamwork from the former NFL players and the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders. Two or three day camps aren't available now. Visit dallascowboys dot com slash camps to learn more and register today.
Speaker 4: All right, ladies, we're back here on Girls Dog Boys Talk presented by Jack saw the preferre dating part of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 5: And before we wrap things.
Speaker 4: Up, we've got a preseason game I think in what for less than.
Speaker 5: Forty eight hours Todays on Sunday, kick off set three pm.
Speaker 4: I'll start with you, Christy, who are you looking for to have or really just stand out on Sunday?
Speaker 5: Who do you need something more from?
Speaker 9: I just want to see Trey Lance run the offense.
Speaker 8: And Mike McCarthy says you can't get him enough drop backs and passes from the pocket. So what I want to see is him run the offense and not what we saw the first week and.
Speaker 9: Half a week and a.
Speaker 8: Half of practice where a play would break down and the end where he's running right because the play breaks down. He'll be working with the twos. He got all the snaps today getting ready for Sunday. I wouldn't be shocked if if Trey Lance plays the vast, fast, fast majority, if not all, of the preseason snaps. And so I also want to see Tyler Guidon because he did go through the portion of practice yesterday, even though yesterday he didn't do any of the team work.
Speaker 9: He had missed a few days because of illness.
Speaker 8: But if he's able to ramp up from practice today take part tomorrow, can he you know, that's the big question, you know, is he going to be able to block Miles Garrett in Week one against the Browns?
Speaker 9: So, and then I don't know that we're going to see brock Hoffman.
Speaker 8: I think we're going to see a lot of Cooper Bebee and I wouldn't be shocked if Cooper even gets some work in the second half at guard after working at least the first half at center.
Speaker 9: And then they the Rams, even though.
Speaker 8: Tyler Higbee has is injured and he wouldn't play anyway because he's a starter. Uh, they have a really good tight end and named Kobe Parkinson who's having a really good camp. And so that's going to be a good test for our linebackers, some of these young linebackers and our safeties in terms of some of their coverage.
Speaker 9: So those are some of the things that I'm looking.
Speaker 4: At Christy kind of piggybacking off which you had mentioned Tyler Goiden. He didn't get any action against Jared Verse and the way that he plays, he is so freaking quick off the ball at end, and I want to see how he matches up against Tyler Guiden.
Speaker 5: That's gonna be a huge test for him.
Speaker 4: And a nice little preseason, you know, a little ramp up for him.
Speaker 5: So I'm excited to see that matchup.
Speaker 4: But my other one is gonna be Mozzie Smith because in combo drills in joint practice yesterday, I think he did a really good job and I think this would be a good confidence booster for him. Right we've talked about it so much this off season and in training camp and how he faced so much criticism.
Speaker 5: I think that this would be a good start for him to just kind of silence the noise.
Speaker 4: So Mazzie Smith, Tyler Goiden versus Jared versu.
Speaker 5: Jared Verse versus.
Speaker 10: That's nice.
Speaker 5: But yeah, that those are my two, which you got Ayesha, My don't.
Speaker 7: I don't have a two hours. I have a unit and it's the tight ends. We just talked about them briefly, these young guys, Brevin s van Ford, Eric Hahller, John Stevens, Princeton fant those gentlemen. I wonder if school Maker play at all, would you think Christy.
Speaker 9: Actually he did get a little bit of work today, but of course he.
Speaker 8: Had had the injury he missed some time earlier this week. If he if he gets some work, it won't be much.
Speaker 6: Okay, but do you think we'll see him in preseason at all?
Speaker 8: You think that he Yeah, just because just because they still want to see it's still such a young guy relatively, and he missed time last year, you know with the plantar fascia. So yeah, he's one of these, even though he's the second year player, one of these young guys that they want to get him miss some snaps and work.
Speaker 2: It also depends on injuries too, Okay he is at that point.
Speaker 6: Okay, Yeah, I just wanted to know.
Speaker 7: But yeah, just the tight end room in general, I mean, we know we haven't Jake Ferguson seen some seen some decent things out of Schoolmaker of Peyton Henter shot dealing with injuries.
Speaker 6: John Stevens had he caught a touchdown from every quarterback yesterday. I thought that was important going forward for him. You mentioned Princeton, Christy's you know what's crazy about Prince Sometimes I look at him, I think he a fullback, but it's not my business.
Speaker 8: And they're they're using him as a fullback.
Speaker 9: In the twenty one package.
Speaker 8: So so when they line up in twenty one, if it's first team, uh, it's gonna be Hunter Lucky.
Speaker 6: And then Fant has been doing a second team and in.
Speaker 8: Fact he's actually gotten some work in twenty one with the first team too. But yeah, he's a versatile guy and he can block baby.
Speaker 7: I was guessing, but but thank you for that. And then obviously Berevan spam Ford, he's had a couple he's had a couple of receptions that practices caught a touchdown in the if I'm not mistaken in the joint practice or the prep for the joint practice. So just looking for these tight ends to kind of come in, solidify themselves a little bit more. And to your point, Christy, really see how they are in the blocking gang. I feel like we know a lot of these guys can be you know, they can can get receptions. You need help from your titans in the blocking game, so this run game can't improve. So that's what I'm looking at.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm just looking for I'm trying to decide. First of all, I want to mention Cooper BB because Christy you mentioned him. But something I did notice is he's struggling a lot with his snap So I do want to see that polished up by you know, the end of preseason, because it is getting better, but I do want to see that progression continuing. It's only going to get better with reps, and in game reps the most valuable, so I want to see Cooper BB kind of improve that through his in game reps. I also want to see, because I did notice during the joint practice kind of that wide receiver room and not necessarily a wide receiver four five position, but overall, who could potentially be with Cavante Turpin if it's not Deuce vun for the returner position. So I want to keep an eye on kind of the special teams unit of what receiver they're putting there, whether it be a Jalen Brooks, a Jalen Cropper, David Dirtin. I saw getting some of those reps as well, so I want to see those receivers at work there, because that could also distinguish if they make their way onto the fifty three, is that extra wide receiver if they're needed in the special teams unit. So I feel like if they have good explosive plays they take one home, you're automatically giving yourself an upper hand there as well. Also, just seeing you this special teams unit with a new rule, I want to see how well they're they're working it into a real game scenario as well, even though it's not your starters. I want to see how they're doing it and how Bones Fossil is kind of controlling them as well.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, I'm glad that you mentioned Jalen Cropper and David Durden because they have been getting work as a second and third team returners. The first team on kickoff return has been Cavante Turpin of course in Rico Dowdle, and then Cropper getting work a second team next to Durden. So two good names there and piggybacking. One last thing, Jess, you mentioned Cooper Bby. This is what one reason to love Cooper Beby. We're walking off the field today. He did talk to media, but I wanted to ask him something apart from the scrum where everybody's together. And I said, Cooper, you know in these preseason games, the fans and the media, you know, there's all these snap evaluations, right, But with the offensive line, how do you evaluate You know, we don't really get to watch in the trenches and other than points on the board and like rushing yards. You know, that's how the offensive linemen are judged. But how are you going.
Speaker 9: To judge yourself before you get in the film room?
Speaker 8: How will you judge whether or not or what makes you feel good about your performance?
Speaker 9: What do you want from yourself? And he says, we're five is one.
Speaker 8: I'll be judged and I'll judge myself how the unit does. So it's it's everything together, it's not me individually.
Speaker 9: So I just I love that attitude.
Speaker 8: I love that response, and it's one more reason for the fans to really really get behind this rookie. And like I say, I don't think brock Kaffman is going to play in this game. I think that they want to give more more work to the younger guys to even though Hoffman is a young guy relatively, I think I think, Babe, you'll get more work.
Speaker 2: He's gonna be b the centermore how to replace it? Whatever has been.
Speaker 4: Fun, the preseason game will be a lot of fun to watch. Kickoff starts at three pm on Sunday, Cowboys. Check your local listings to be able to watch that game. But that's a rap for girls. Dog Boys Talk presented by Jig Saw the forerd dating part of the Dallas Cowboys, Nicolatches and Chrissy Scales, Jest of Ours and Aishift Morrison.
Speaker 5: We will see y'all next week.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club