Speaker 1: Welcome to your brand new second Date update On a Friday, even the best show makes a little better. Hey, it's Brig and Jeffrey in the morning, and we have one of the most lovable, one of our favorite listeners back for a second date. Lovable and most gullible. Yeah, yeah, he has fallen for some romantic scams in the past, but he says this time is different, and we got to find out why here in a second. But earlier this week, we asked you to comment the most embarrassing thing your parent has ever posted, and we can't let those answers slide by.
Speaker 2: Oh I saw them, and I had to read them all right too. I saw that I liked is one person, Preslin said, my mom posted a video of me singing every word of satisfied from Hamilton, and.
Speaker 3: Then will you ever be satisfied?
Speaker 1: I need to know how old you were, too. I have questions. I feel like the older, the more embarrassing it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, And another one from Free Thinker said, the most embarrassing thing my family posted.
Speaker 1: My mom wrote what.
Speaker 2: Was meant to be a personal message as a post, and it was all about her bowel movement, complaining about my dad and asking me questions about symptoms from when I was sick with the stomach virus and.
Speaker 1: A lot of personal stuff.
Speaker 2: I didn't see it until two days later. No, so it was fun to see the comments and beg my mom to delete it.
Speaker 4: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: I'm just gonna write my son, I hit post delete it, and she's like, I don't know, She's.
Speaker 1: Like, I started a group message, but it is so funny. Oh so good. Hey, thanks for being here, bar of this weird Brick and Jeffrey family. We're starting your brand new Second Date Update right now.
Speaker 4: The Second Date Update.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna do a quick recap about one of my most favorite listeners we've had on the show in the past year, and I'm gonna do it because he's back today.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's hold On. He's his favorite, not our favorite.
Speaker 5: His name is Randall, and last time we spoke to Randall, he had met not one, but two international women on the internet.
Speaker 4: One was from.
Speaker 5: Vietnam, the other from the Philippines, and he had even flown out to meet the first one Vietnam.
Speaker 1: Yeah they turned up, not at the airport.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she never showed up. We didn't call that woman.
Speaker 5: We ended up calling a different lady, someone that he'd met locally, because his friend had suggested, why not try dating in your own area code?
Speaker 1: Great friends, why try not getting scammed?
Speaker 4: Yeah, and that woman ended up just wanting to be his.
Speaker 1: Friend and help them avoid scammers.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: The thing that we learned about Randall is that he believes in the power of true love. That's true, and he's just had a bad run of luck lately and needs our help. So I'm curious to hear about his latest romantic endeavor. Randall, my guy, welcome back to the show.
Speaker 8: How you been man?
Speaker 7: Thank you guys so much for having me back on. I really appreciate here.
Speaker 1: You tell me in the time between the last time we talked and now you have wired no one money, no sweet okay.
Speaker 4: A wiring y.
Speaker 5: We're learning, we're growing. That's great. But what brings you back today?
Speaker 7: Well, I had a few friends listen to the show the last time.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 7: They agreed with you guys that I should try dating more locally first, okay, and surprisingly I started doing that, but it hasn't gone that great.
Speaker 1: To be honest, guys, Okay, are you on the apps? Is that how you're finding women? Locally to date.
Speaker 7: Well, I met a girl named Sammy and we met in person.
Speaker 5: You are doing a good thing where you're looking at the past mistakes and learning and adjusting and adapting.
Speaker 4: That's all very good.
Speaker 7: Now, you guys know me. I'm a romantic though. I surprised her with a very special date. I took her on a picnic to an outdoor movie.
Speaker 1: You cheerly talk, can you movies? It doesn't matter outdoors. People are only happy.
Speaker 4: Okay, how did it go?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 7: I think the first thirty to forty five seconds was good.
Speaker 6: What second, Well that's.
Speaker 4: A good start.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just my luck.
Speaker 7: Right after we sit down and get situated, she goes, oh my gosh, I think my friends here. Then she looks at me says, do you mind if I text them where we are?
Speaker 6: So, of course you were like, yeah, tell your friends to come say hi.
Speaker 5: Right, yeah, it's a good sign that she's already wanting to introduce you to her friends.
Speaker 7: True, that's what I thought. It's it like, man, I'm really in there this time.
Speaker 8: So a couple of minutes.
Speaker 7: Later, a very good looking guy shows up, and the only face on the little planket that we have is on the other side of me. So now I'm in the middle of them. The movie starts, and then as you're about to watch it, she whispers in my ear, this is my ex.
Speaker 1: Wait text her ex boyfriend.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so I had to watch the movie with her.
Speaker 6: Egg.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, what you stayed? Bro? I have so many questions. Well, they're on his blanket. What is he gonna do?
Speaker 6: I'd like blanket alone.
Speaker 1: Anyways, let's hold on.
Speaker 4: Maybe it gets better from here.
Speaker 1: Goodness does it?
Speaker 7: It does not?
Speaker 4: Okay? What happened?
Speaker 7: They're laughing parts of the movie together. Then I'm not laughing at because they have some history of inside jokes and I don't even understand. Oh yeah, here's the bad part. At one point she reached around my back and rubbed his shoulder.
Speaker 5: Maybe there's like a spider or something.
Speaker 4: She flicked it off.
Speaker 9: This is bad.
Speaker 1: Why you wanting to call this woman? She sounds terrible. The woman in the Philippines sounds better.
Speaker 5: It doesn't sound like this girl's giving you the attention that you deserve and that you want for a.
Speaker 1: Day, like respect.
Speaker 4: Why would you want to reach out to her?
Speaker 7: But I really liked it. I thought she was nice. I thought we had a good chemistry. I mean after the movie, I was like, oh, your ex huh. But she said we'll always just be friends.
Speaker 1: So I mean that did probably give you hope that she was still interested in you though, right her saying that.
Speaker 7: Well, that's what it sounded like to me. She was trying to make sure I understood they're just friends.
Speaker 1: Okay, that is good.
Speaker 10: She's like explaining, like, I know this looks weird, but I want to reassure you that could be nice.
Speaker 1: So nothing since.
Speaker 7: No, And I really would love another chance with Sammy. I like her.
Speaker 1: I think she's the one should be asking for another chance with you.
Speaker 4: Or her ex.
Speaker 5: Maybe, Yeah, it would be probably nice to get an opportunity to a date without an next boyfriend sitting directly next to you.
Speaker 4: That would probably help.
Speaker 7: I prefer to sit in the non X section.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's crazy.
Speaker 10: You've been on so many dates recently and none of them have just been one on one with a woman.
Speaker 9: And.
Speaker 4: We got to hook that up for you all.
Speaker 5: I mean, at least get you some answers, because clearly you're looking for help here.
Speaker 7: I am. I really want the person that likes me. I like him. So is there something I need to do to fix that or improve it. I want to hear it.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, you don't need to fix anything about yourself.
Speaker 4: You're perfect the way you are, Randall.
Speaker 1: Maybe he does. We all could use growth.
Speaker 5: We're going to try to help Sammy see how amazing you really are when we call her and try and get you your second date update that's coming up right after Brook reaches around Jose to scratch my shoulders. Oh wow, Okay, never mind, we'll just do it after this second date update. If you're just joining us, We've got Randall on the phone, friend of the show who's been unlucky in love lately. Yeah, and he's back because his latest date was with a woman named Sammy, which also turned out to be pretty unlucky because Sammy's ex was at the outdoor movie theater where they both were.
Speaker 1: At and then invited invited to join them.
Speaker 5: Right. That was the really weird part, because he ended up between them for the entire film, which stayed for Yeah, it's not exactly your ideal first meet up. And Sammy's not responding. Now is she back together with that ex boyfriend?
Speaker 4: We don't know.
Speaker 5: We might find out here in a second, Randall just wants to understand if he's doing something wrong on these dates.
Speaker 8: You just kind of want to find out what am I doing wrong? I just think I have a big heart and a lot to offer.
Speaker 1: Not only that, but you're putting in the work like you are trying to do different things, change the way you're dating, even learn from this experience.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, God, I'm frustrated for you.
Speaker 6: I think this is like the good Guy's finished last kind of motto.
Speaker 5: It's like, you know, there's a guy out there who really does want love and really is trying.
Speaker 6: It's just it's like helpless.
Speaker 4: Well not today.
Speaker 5: To the good Guy's gonna finish first, or at least get some explanation for why he can't win.
Speaker 6: Yeah, or we'll hang up on her.
Speaker 7: You guys are my best friend.
Speaker 4: Try not to think that that's a sad thing.
Speaker 7: But he.
Speaker 4: You know what, best buddy, We're in this together.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna dial her number right now here we go. Hello, Hey is this Sammy? Yeah, Hey, Sammy. We're calling from a radio show. We're called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning Sammy.
Speaker 1: The whole shows here.
Speaker 10: Nobody would talk crazy like we're from a morning show.
Speaker 4: Thank you for speaking.
Speaker 3: Sorry, radio shoes.
Speaker 1: Sorry don't do radio shows.
Speaker 3: I don't like to talk on radio show.
Speaker 1: We've never forgotten that. Oh yeah, that is a student.
Speaker 4: Look I totally understand that. And listen.
Speaker 5: We won't air this unless we have your permission to do it. But this is a segment. It's called a second date update.
Speaker 3: I've heard about that before.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's not on TikTok or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, definitely interesting it is, and you should take it as a compliment because it means somebody out there is trying to get a hold of you. I want to know. I'll play along, Okay.
Speaker 5: I'll just tell you it's a guy that you went out with recently named Randall.
Speaker 7: My god.
Speaker 1: Okay, is that I'm going to take that as a fun, excited laugh. But by Randall, it.
Speaker 3: Was like it was the weirdest date I've had.
Speaker 4: It's really weird.
Speaker 5: Could you tell us how you felt it was weird? Because we've heard a little bit from Randall's side. We'd like to get like your perspective on the night.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we know, outdoor movie picnic, super fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was actually like a really sweet idea. I was like, Wow, this guy really put a lot into the short. But my ex was there and he tuxted me I'm over near the lemonade stand.
Speaker 1: Wait, how did he know you were there?
Speaker 3: He saw me, I guess from across the way.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, so he's the one who initiated the conversation with you.
Speaker 1: Dude, how rude. You were obviously on a date, like you're showing up with a guy.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 3: I don't really think my ex knew I was on a date. And Randall is such a sweet art He's like, why don't you just invite him over?
Speaker 5: But when we spoke to Randall, he told us that he was under the impression it was just a friend of yours.
Speaker 1: Yeah you didn't specify.
Speaker 3: Oh well he was a friend, but he was my ex friend.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you didn't tell him.
Speaker 3: I wanted to tell him, but it all happened so fast, and the movie just started and he sat down right next to us.
Speaker 7: All right.
Speaker 1: Oh that makes me feel better though, because it's sounds like you weren't trying for this interaction to happen.
Speaker 3: Absolutely not. I thought he would leave, but he didn't.
Speaker 2: Too many nice people that can't say no, so clearly that wasn't a malicious move on your part, Sammy.
Speaker 5: But I think what Randall's confused about is if you liked him so much and you're trying to be so sweet to him, why aren't you calling him back for another date.
Speaker 11: Well, it was kind of weird because he told me that it was a movie, but he ran't tell me the name of it, okay, and he said it was a historical piece.
Speaker 3: Huh, I guess what movie it was? What what sound? And furious that's not historical?
Speaker 4: Is that a joke?
Speaker 1: Are you saying that you're not calling him back because he misrepresented what film was being shown?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 3: I just I thought it was like weird, Like my ex and I were just laughing.
Speaker 1: Wait, you had told your ex like, oh my god, this guy thinks it's a historical piece and we're joking about him.
Speaker 3: No, he told us I suppose that at the same time, and he was backing it up with all these backs.
Speaker 1: Random told you bull historically.
Speaker 3: Looking at me like who is this guy?
Speaker 4: Okay? Well, Sammy, thank you for telling us your side of the story.
Speaker 8: Hold on, hold on, I need to let me speak my piece.
Speaker 9: Please, Okay, Yeah, who is that?
Speaker 7: It's me? It's Randall.
Speaker 8: Listen, it's actually based on a true story.
Speaker 7: You guys do know that, right?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 4: Wait, is it?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 8: The movies are actually based on street crimes that were happening in LA in the nineties. Do you guys think Ben Diesel was the very first person to rob a semi truck going that fast on the freeway?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 3: Sorry, but I did not know that.
Speaker 8: Yes, if you read the forums that I'm a part of the movie went on Facebook, we all know it's true.
Speaker 1: We talk about it forms on Facebook.
Speaker 6: Tokyo drift, right.
Speaker 7: I don't know that's true yet, it happened in Tokyo as well.
Speaker 8: That's why they made a movie about it.
Speaker 7: Were rampant everywhere. I think.
Speaker 5: I think what you need to do, Randall, is actually talk to Sammy here.
Speaker 1: That's exactly not about it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like, don't you don't have to convince us. You have to talk to sam You know that I'm a good guy.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I didn't get jealous when the guy came over your ex. I found it weird, but I told you understand that you're a nice person too. And I'm just gonna be honest and straight forward to Sammy when we're sitting there watching that movie. You may not have believed me, but your extra did. You could be with a man like that that believes the truth, and I think you should be with me as well.
Speaker 1: Give me a shamp Oh wow, wait the pitches. If you can date your ex, you can date me.
Speaker 4: Two fellow truth finders.
Speaker 3: No, I'm sorry to break it to you, Randall, but he did not either. We talk to each other over.
Speaker 1: Text texting again.
Speaker 4: Well no, yeah, you.
Speaker 8: Know what, He's probably just trying to make you feel better because you didn't believe it.
Speaker 5: Oh, it's like when you talk to those people that believe the earth is flat and you're like, you know what, You're right it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe he's a good guy. He has some funny quirks. We'll say that this could be a cute story. You guys, tell later something that you make fun of him for in a relationship.
Speaker 8: You know, I'm want to tell you what man nobody else did I know is making fun of fact and the furious.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, well, maybe the benefit is you'll actually learn some interesting things by giving him another chair.
Speaker 6: His best friends, like, I.
Speaker 7: Could see you, guys documents so many.
Speaker 5: Honestly, we need to stop talking about the true crimes that have happened on the streets of la and focus on true love, because that's what you're here to do, Sammy. We're here to attempt to connect you and Randall one more time.
Speaker 1: Movies aside, and you deserve to give him another chance. I mean, your ex hung out the entire time. This guy like he deserves one more shot.
Speaker 4: A one on one shot, and we would pay for it.
Speaker 3: I would absolutely love to go out with Randall. Yes, oh my god, good as a friend.
Speaker 1: Oh not again, Sammy kills us. Maybe he means friend and quotes like she did about her ex.
Speaker 6: No friends, all.
Speaker 3: Right, No, there's just not any potential. It's more of a friend's friend.
Speaker 1: Thing friend friend doubling down on the friends Randall.
Speaker 8: That's okay, because you know what, you have to be friends before you can be romantic. So I still have hope.
Speaker 12: Okay, one of those one in a million, Vin Diesel and Michelle Rodriguez were friends in the movie before they based.
Speaker 3: That's not going to happen. But I would love to hang out with you as a buddy.
Speaker 5: Oh god, we're downgrading even more.
Speaker 4: Has an acquaintance well, Randall Man I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: So we've done now two second dates with you, and you've gotten two friends out of it.
Speaker 8: I'm not feeling down about this guy like you said, I just earned another friends.
Speaker 9: Friends looking Jeffrey in the morning, Man, we should be so lucky to be like Randall, who's just collecting.
Speaker 5: Friends left and right in his life. Not on purpose, but he's doing it.
Speaker 6: You know, this guy is.
Speaker 10: So good at self improvement that one day it maybe when he's one hundred, he's gonna be the perfect man.
Speaker 6: Will think about it.
Speaker 1: Hurt my soul when she called him, buddy.
Speaker 13: I know now you see how we feel, brou But how zone how cool would it be if Randall does finally find love with us here on the show and we're there to witness it.
Speaker 10: Wow or better Yet, we're calling someone who's like I want on a date with this guy Randall.
Speaker 4: He won't call me back.
Speaker 5: Although it is, like Brooke always says, almost everyone deserves love.
Speaker 1: Everyone does.
Speaker 4: She keeps a list of people who don't. So if you're not on that.
Speaker 5: List, feel free to email us for help with your dating life. And remember you can listen to all of our second dates on our podcast at Brook and Jeffrey wherever you listen to them, and on our YouTube page.
Speaker 4: Check it out.