Speaker 1: Welcome to Reasonably Shady, a production of The Black Effect Podcast Network and iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Welcome to another episode of Reasonably Shady. I am Jaselle Bryant.
Speaker 3: What's up? What's up? I'm Robin Dixon. Thank you for being here with us once again.
Speaker 2: Yes, it is full blown summer time. Yes, summer summer, summer time, foody show us and halt tops, cross tops and all a phone dong.
Speaker 1: Dong.
Speaker 2: But we don't need it to be hot outside for a throng you were you were a thong regardless, Right, I've gone like I've just had to go no panties, no throng, no rot. Yeah, I've been no panties for a while. Wow. Yes, I am getting my inner Ashley Darby ol Yes you are, yes, Okay, you know how you feel about it.
Speaker 1: Well, I only go no panties when I work out, like with my workout clothes.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But other than that, yeah, I would like to wear panties.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, well me pantyless unless I have on like a little dress and I don't want to be flashy beet.
Speaker 3: Yeah. See I'm a sweater.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, I couci sweat so in the summertime, especially if I'm wearing like a dress, I have to wear like shorts like boy like little thin shorts, boy shorts. They're like comes from a company called Thigh Society. So it's intention it's deliberately for thigh rub and couci sweat. Okay, you know, so they're like sweat wicking boy shorts.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I love that. So speaking of I saw this little TikTok and there's a company that sells on Amazon that sells like skims, but it's like their version of skims. And it was like, we'll send you a link in your DM. I didn't ask for the link in my DM or whatever. But like, if I'm Kim Kardashia, I think I'm mad, Like they have totally like I mean like saying they say it's the same material and everything.
Speaker 1: Really, okay, am I mad? If I'm Kim k No, that happens all the time. Oh it does, Yeah, okay. I mean it's it's super hard to come out with a clothing line or whatever and not have people knock it off but off yeah, true and stuff like that. It's hard to patent the material. Yeah yeah, okay, all right, even if you think about like under Armour was really the first ones to come out with that sweat wicking material. Remember, like for all the it started with like football players and athletes and stuff, and now it's just like everywhere it's commonplace.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, for sure. I have a semi shady moment. Actually it's well, it's kind of shady. So my neighbors are doing some construction on their land, like outside landscaping construction. They're doing some major things. There's big trucks and all kinds of dirt and stuff. Because of there are trees that separate us. I really can't see what's happening over there, and I really need to know what is over there, nosy, because I hear all the I want to know, So I like, I go to all different kinds of windows in my house to try to look to get a better view. Still can't see.
Speaker 3: What's going on over there. Huh.
Speaker 2: So happened to run into my neighbor recently. She was coming out of her driveway. I was coming in. I caught her and I was like, Hey, how you doing it? Oh my gosh, how's the summer been coming along?
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: Yes, And I was like, you got a lot of stuff going on back there, what's happening? And she was like, oh yeah, I forgot her husband's n Lets say her husbands name is Tim. Oh yeah, Tim is doing some project. And I was like, well, what's happening girl?
Speaker 3: A project?
Speaker 2: She was like, I left him in charge of that.
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: So I said, well, well, what's I asked about four times? What what y'all doing back there? Y'all putting a pool in? She was like, oh, no, no pool? When no pool? I said, okay, what are you back there? I still don't know. I did not get an answer. She said, oh yeah, they're just I mean, I just left him in charge. What what does that mean? That's shady? In other words, she's out, mind business, mind your your business mine? But like, why wouldn't you tell me? So you're forcing me to have to like beg you, well, this is what this is what I'm going to do. And I hope they don't listen to this podcast. Okay, so sometimes there has been a time or two that that people have left packages for me at their house. I'm going to act like that's happening, so that means I will walk my little self off. But I have to wait till they're I kind of finished, okay, and this is a major project, so it might take like three months. So they didn't brought trees in. I mean, it's they got stuff going on over there, and I just need to know what. It's a lot going on.
Speaker 3: So she's not like, oh, we're just spilding a backyard.
Speaker 2: Gazebo or tell me that. Yes, yeah, I really didn't get an answer, so that's weird. I'm gonna pretend like they have one of my packages, and I hope they don't.
Speaker 3: Listen to building like a Please don't like a greenhouse to sell to grow weed or something.
Speaker 2: They're not they're not those kind of people. Okay, yeah, they're artsy. Well they are a little artsy fartsy, but I don't know anyway. I will let y'all know in three months what's going on back there.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: But it's a little shady that she wants trying to tell me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's weird.
Speaker 2: Weird or shady.
Speaker 3: I think it's both. Yes, it's both. Both. Okay, all right, so we Oh, by the way, y'all, this is a mini episode.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, we listen. We're on vacation. Robin is and me too. Yes, yes, I'm on a vacation in my mind. Robin's really on bage. Okay.
Speaker 3: Yes, so we're quite busy, but we didn't want to leave you hangings. And this is a mini episode.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, So before we do the cause, can I do my little.
Speaker 3: Scenario?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I heard on the radio, yes, okay, all right, so I heard I was listening listening to the d L Hugly Show in the morning. Hey DL, Yes, and a man called in and he needed advice or he needed to know if he was being shady.
Speaker 2: Okay, so was is that? Did they do that? They you can call into DL Hugly show for shady and they don't use the word.
Speaker 1: Shady, no, no, but he kind of just needed people's opinions on what he You know, this scenario got it. I don't even think he needed advice because he what he said was like pretty much definitive and what he did, he just needed to know if he was wrong.
Speaker 2: Okay, you got it.
Speaker 3: So kind of kind of similar. Okay. So he called in.
Speaker 1: He said he was dating, He was with his girlfriend for five years and recently her child's father tragically and suddenly passed away. Okay, so he said one day, she called him and said, hey, I just came from the tattoo the tattoo place, and I got my child's father's name tattooed on my body. And so he broke up with her. Okay, So the question was like should was he wrong for breaking up with her? Like how should he have handled that? And there were mixed the call people calling in had mixed, mixed views.
Speaker 3: Mixed ye, mixed feelings, mixed opinions.
Speaker 2: Okay, So I would need to know where on the body it is because if it was like right above her the JJ, that's a problem.
Speaker 3: No, I don't think it was. I can't if it's not remember that detail.
Speaker 1: I don't think it was anywhere like super intimate because he didn't really say that part, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: If it was like underneath her toe, that's fine, have that it right?
Speaker 3: What if it's like on her arm?
Speaker 2: No, I don't. I actually don't want to see any woman's name on a dude's body that I'm looking at right and it and it has I have seen names and I've been like, what's that right, and the answer was that's my mother And I was like, who passed away? So I was like that's cool. Okay, Okay, I'm here for that. But and I know wan situation. Yeah, with the tattoo that you have had to live with, Yes, Yes, which is actually traumatic yep for me. And I don't have sex with him, so that's traumatic. I think. I think I think he was okay to break up with her. I think that's justifiable.
Speaker 3: Really, I do, I think.
Speaker 1: Okay, So, first of all, I think she clearly she was very emotionally distraught that the child's father passed away. Yes, because you know, I guess they have a child together, they've known each other for a long time, they have a you know, relationship or whatever. And I think a lot of people when they're grieving, they might do something very hasty. Yes, in that moment, yes, right, So I think the boyfriend should have given her a little bit more grace and understanding and saying, Okay, you're you're clearly super emotional. You made a very hasty decision based on the grieving and the emotion that you're going through. I wouldn't been happy about it, but I don't know that breaking up is someone that you've been with for five years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now that you say it like that, that's and this guy's not a threat anymore. Like if he was a threat, he's gone, right, So I wouldn't I wouldn't have broken up.
Speaker 3: No, yeah he was.
Speaker 2: That was shady.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would have been like, you know, maybe he broke up because it like it turned him off, Like okay, I'm clearly going to go like tattoo somebody else's name on your body, you know. But yeah, there's nothing for him to worry about. But I think it's just you need to understand, like he needs to understand. She was in a super emotional state and made a very hasty decision. Yes, And I mean I don't know if at some point you cover it up or what you about it. But I thought he was in the wrong.
Speaker 2: I think he wanted to break up with her anyway. I think that's this is an excuse.
Speaker 3: Yeah maybe, yeah, he didn't like her or her child.
Speaker 1: Ye, right, if the relationship was that strong, if you've been together five years and you're in a good place, it's a great relationship.
Speaker 3: You're breaking up over something like that?
Speaker 2: No, No, so he yeah, he just this was an excuse. Dude, We're on to you, we see you.
Speaker 3: All right, But he called Inny I guess he was a little.
Speaker 2: You know, he's in his fields. I think he's going to I think the whole situation is going to blow over. This is like a blow.
Speaker 3: They'll probably get back. They'll probably get back together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, six months they'll be back together.
Speaker 3: Uh huh yeah, probably not even they probably back together now true?
Speaker 2: All right, So Sharon Sharon Kayak twenty twelve, we have to ask people, where do y'all got to come up with these names? Yeah? I know, Okay, why I can't Sharon Sharon said, why I can't think of any questions. Nevertheless, I love you Robin and Giselle GEB's continued success. Sharon Kayak, what, oh my gosh, we love you too. Yes, we definitely gotall too. Okay, this is probably better. This is probably my question, not your question, because I'm closer to it than you. How do y'all feel about one day being the grandmother's Oh? Okay, So I actually recently had had a conversation with my children about what I want to be called. Okay, when I'm a grandmother, like twenty years from now and twenty years I mean no time soon, so okay, ten years man, So I said, I want to be. I thought about you because you call your mother's GG, right, So I think I'm going to be gg.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I like GG and that's perfect for your your g. I. Yes, I'm GG so and my mom spells it G I G I g Oh.
Speaker 2: I like that. Yeah, yeah, so that's perfect. I'm gonna be Yes, I'm gonna be gg. What are you gonna be?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: You know what I have?
Speaker 3: I have not thought that deep. Yeah mmm, I gotta think on that.
Speaker 2: But I think I would love a grandchild. Yes, yes, yes, I'll be like, drop the baby over, yes, and I'll let you know when to pick them up right, yeah, which would be like you know, it could be a day, it could be an hour, it could be three weeks. I'll let you know, but I want to keep the child.
Speaker 3: It will not be three weeks, I'm sure.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, four days.
Speaker 3: I definitely got it. How crazy is that they were?
Speaker 1: They were talking about grandchildren now what I know, and we all technically could be grandparents, but we're not.
Speaker 2: What Yes we could, but we're not, thank God.
Speaker 1: Yes, but I miss I find myself looking at old pictures of my kids when they were baby, videos, and I miss that so much.
Speaker 2: I'm like, yeah, speaking of the shade, there might have been people in my house. Okay, fine, producers and they were like, i'll tell you who this is.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: Later he was like, so, when you're gonna get some updated pictures of your kids? And I said, for you know, around the house, because a lot most of the pictures are like when they were babies. That's actually the pictures I love, right, Yes, don't really want this new these new found kids, these older kids. Right, the baby pictures are everything. He was being shady.
Speaker 3: That's so funny, the worse. But you know it's so crazy, right, you know, it's so crazy. I look at my phone.
Speaker 1: I have tons and tons of pictures and when they were like kids, little and babies and toddlers and just four or five six years old. And now they barely want to smile.
Speaker 2: For a picture, I know, especially the boys. Yes, I can get the girls to smile, but the girls are always smiling. But like the boys, Yes, you got a hard way to go.
Speaker 3: It's so hard.
Speaker 1: Come on, now, we have to be more intentional with the pictures because I don't want to be, you know, looking at them when they're forty five and I'm like, oh, I don't have any pictures.
Speaker 3: Of you when you were in your in your teens.
Speaker 2: It's funny. I forget sometimes that people know everything about our lives. So I was out, I went to an event and I saw a girl that I know recently had a baby. I didn't know what she had, so I was like, congratulations on the baby, and she said, yeah, I gotta call you for you know, advice. She said, well, as a matterfic, I don't think I'm gonna call you because I had a boy.
Speaker 3: She was like, I'll just call Robin.
Speaker 2: That just like blew me for a second because I'm like, of all, you don't know me, like that call and you know, damn sure don't know Robin. But yeah, it's just sometimes it's weird that people know all about us, right, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they don't just see you and just say hey, like they're seeing you and there like knowing a little They're they're like digging a little bit deeper.
Speaker 3: Yes. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was walking through Macy's just yesterday and the sales lady was like, it was me and Carter because I'm trying to find him a suit to wear just graduation.
Speaker 2: And the lady's like, hi, Carter, and I'm like, first of all, you not only got his name right, you didn't call him Corey. Yeah, too much. Y'all know way too much about us.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 3: I was like, I was really impressive. She was an older lady too. I was like, Okay, that was very impressive.
Speaker 2: Okay, so good question for you, Ada, Ada k Roberts.
Speaker 3: Have we heard from her before. She's a patreoner.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hey, Patrion, Patrion. Okay, So Corey driving, right, question Mark, how's that going? Are the twins going to the same university? I'll answer first, no, they're not. The twins are splitting up. I was sad at first, but now I'm like, I think.
Speaker 3: It's good, yeah, for both of them. Yeah, So I think that's really good for both of them.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think that's interesting.
Speaker 1: It'll be interesting to see how they handle it. Yeah, and how they you know, who knows one of them might end up transferring. They might.
Speaker 2: And I told him that that is an option they can They can do that. They're freshman year, that's it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, yeah, Corey driving. Corey he has his permit, so he does not have his license yet, but he is. He gets a lot of hours in on the road between want and I. He'll drive to school or from school, or really to basketball practice. He drove through Baltimore City to basketball practice. So he's getting his getting his experience in. And it is a very like pinch me type of moment, like dang, we're already here.
Speaker 3: Yes, we're already here. But he's a good driver. I'm impressed with him so far.
Speaker 2: So next school year he'll be able to drive himself, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think he can get his license in like October or so.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, okay, Why do I think he got his luck from it? Like a long time?
Speaker 1: I was, well, no, no, because you have to you have to be six at least sixteen for six months. So he turned sixteen in March. Yeah, so he guess he can get it in September and.
Speaker 2: September yeah okay, and then he can drive maybe check care of everybody, drive Carter.
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, and then fantastic.
Speaker 1: As much as I hate that my kids are getting older, I'm so sick of driving them everywhere.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're at the age where you're all I mean, they're at the age where you're over it. Oh my god, By the time my kids hit like thirteen, Like, yeah, I was so over driving them places. I was like, oh, hell no, I can't do this anymore. I'm not sex cat.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's NonStop, and it's it's between like workouts and practice and games of course school the school drop off and pick up and physical therapy, doctor appointments. Yes, yes, the car line. I'm so sick of it. Like my day gets so hectic when they get out of school because we're just all over the place.
Speaker 2: Yes, the car line is the worst thing that's ever been invented. Yeah, okay, I think this is our last question of the day because we got to get out of here. Y'all now listen, because we're on vacation. We're not even here, right, Okay, we live in life. It must be hard to develop new real friendships without doubt, which is yes.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, I trust no one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's very hard to trust people for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just it's it's for me. It's more like their intentions, you know.
Speaker 1: And especially now that we're you know, we've been on the show, it's like, Okay, are you trying to be my friend because I'm on the show, yeah, or like you're actually like a real genuine person and we're just and you're just cool.
Speaker 2: But I don't think there are genuine people just kidding.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: I a very famous person told me a long time ago that he trusts no one, and I was like, that's weird and that's gotta suck, and like, why do you want to live life like that? Like that you just can't trust anybody. I feel the same way right now.
Speaker 3: You understand totally.
Speaker 2: I understand I don't nobody nobody, And you know, even with new friendships, because we talked about like getting becoming friends with people as an adult, like, yeah, we can be friends, but they're still like, I'm not telling you all my everything, right, Yeah, i'mnna give you like ten percent, right, you got to work up to fifty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I think it takes a while, Like when you meet a new person, I think it takes a while for both sides to gain that trust anyway. Yeah, you know, it's like, yeah, you might that you might meet that person and they might not be trustworthy at that time. But if you happen to kind of stay in each other's lives and your relationship grows and develops, then the trust factor can strengthen. Yeah, oh yes, you should immediately not trust anyone, definitely, and then let them allow them to prove themselves somehow. You know that that you feel you can trust them.
Speaker 2: Right, and we can have sex, we can do very nasty things, and I don't need to trust you at all, right the end, And you shouldn't be trusting me, and I'm not trustworthy. I'm just here to tell you right right, all right, we gotta go. We are out of here. We want y'all have a wonderful If you're on vac have a wonderful time, and don't never forget to live your life reasonable or shady.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, we're boes.
Speaker 2: No, don't be safe, but yes, be safe, definitely be safe here in these streets. These streets are wild.
Speaker 3: It's wrong with you by