Speaker 1: Welcome to this Park Hopper episode of Magical Rewind.
Speaker 2: We are so excited to welcome True decom Royalty to our little podcast today. We cannot wait. We've we've not well, we're gonna. We're gonna get into how special this guy is to us, because we do have a a connection which we have to talk about.
Speaker 1: So please help us. Welcome Jason Donny.
Speaker 3: Hello, Hey, how are you doing?
Speaker 1: Gay guess I'm excited to have you here.
Speaker 4: Happy to be here.
Speaker 1: The goat that Tom Brady and d Comms is here with us.
Speaker 3: It's me and Brenda Song. I think we're because we're I think we're both we're tied for I think we with a four. Okay, yeah, and I think that's the most.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's a few of you because we just interviewed from a Halloween town.
Speaker 1: Oh, Kimberly Brown, of course, Yeah, there we go.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Now, were any of those sequels though.
Speaker 6: Yes, they were?
Speaker 1: Oh, all yours are standalone.
Speaker 4: The none of mine were sequels.
Speaker 6: You're all that.
Speaker 4: Which rendous songs I believe are also all originals.
Speaker 1: Oh that's that would be.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's a good point, Jason.
Speaker 4: That's a big whole thing about it.
Speaker 5: But you know, we might have to call Kim and say we need her to return that crown we gave her.
Speaker 6: That's awkward.
Speaker 4: Well there tied you know.
Speaker 2: Oh oh the okay, No, that's good. That does much even more rarefied form here. So okay, first of all, I have to tell you this, we are going to get into minute men because that's what we we just watched and reviewed. But so when I came up with the idea originally of doing this podcast, everyone at iHeart were saying, okay, well you need to coh is like, of course, and they're like, what about Sabrina from the Cheetah Girls. Was like, oh my god, that'll be amazing. But we'd never met, we didn't know each other. It's like, we've got to at least do some sort of a.
Speaker 7: Test run, yes, to see if we're if this is gonna So the very first thing we've never aired it it's just for us that we watched was Hatching Pete.
Speaker 1: Really, and it was the first one we'd ever done. We'd never done the podcast.
Speaker 6: Before, seen it, we ne movie.
Speaker 2: So the unaired episode of Magical Rewind, the first time she and I ever worked together was Thats Me, So happy so bringing you here for a minute, man, We are so happy to have you here because you are very special.
Speaker 1: You are the first reviewed movie we ever did.
Speaker 4: I feel so, I feel so honored. That's wonderful.
Speaker 5: You are absorable and hatching Pete by the way.
Speaker 2: Okay, but we got we gotta talk minute men. Yes, so can you tell this was your second d com?
Speaker 4: Yes, number two?
Speaker 6: Which one was the first?
Speaker 4: First was read It and weep? Oh, which was actually before Corey in the house. It was before I was like a regular on the channel.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, I was like fourteen for that and I was sixteen I think for minute it was.
Speaker 5: Julia, the writer of the book on set ever with you guys.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she was for a reading. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah. She's awesome.
Speaker 5: Ye A co write a book with her and really incredible.
Speaker 6: Yeah, she's a great writer.
Speaker 1: You wrote a book, Sabrina.
Speaker 6: Yes, it's called Princess of Gossip.
Speaker 4: Research this person, Oh my god.
Speaker 1: It worked together, no idea find out things about her every day.
Speaker 6: Oh man.
Speaker 2: But okay, say well we'll talk about minute men, but let's talk a bit about your journey to the Channel. Was it just a straight up regular audition, for a d com or how did you get involved with Disney Channel?
Speaker 3: For Yeah, well, for Reading and Weep, it was Reading Weep was just a regular audition, and then bizarrely so Reading Weep. I actually didn't book it initially, and then I was. It was a Friday night and I was ready the next week to go on like a week long trip with my eighth grade class to Washington, d C.
Speaker 6: Oh, the eighth grade trip. Yeah, that's awesome, right, I mean I.
Speaker 3: See that every now and then people go, oh, I know exactly what you're talking about, and not everybody does.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the eighth grade.
Speaker 3: My brother had done it before. It was a whole thing. And so that was the next week. And I got a call Friday night and it's from Judy Taylor, uh, former recupe of casting it at a Disney Channel, and she says, we want.
Speaker 6: To get her on event.
Speaker 4: Got it?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, she's amazing.
Speaker 3: She goes, look the guy we cast came down with acute appendicitis and literally can't do it. Can you be on a plane tomorrow morning? Literally then next morning like fly to Utah and do this movie? And I had a brief moment of hesitation, but I was like, dude, I can't.
Speaker 1: I can't not have to.
Speaker 6: The dream of being on the channel.
Speaker 3: You got it real and it was like I could do this. I could go on this trip that I know will be a lot of fun. But who knows where this will take me in you know, here we are and we saw where it took you.
Speaker 6: Kennis Washington's going to be there. It would be there after Utah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, there was no There was no going back after that.
Speaker 1: So were you on the East coast or were you on the West coast?
Speaker 4: No, I'm from the Semi Valley and oh okay l A area.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, but you had to go, you had to.
Speaker 1: Go up to you.
Speaker 4: It was a big it was a big trip.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well they always say if you want to get that audition that you don't think you can have, or you want to get the trip, yeah, book non refundable plane tickets such.
Speaker 4: I've tried to do it a lot since then. It has doesn't always work on a lot of trips. At trip not a sure thing.
Speaker 1: Not always only.
Speaker 3: Book the trip if you actually really want to go on the trip. That's my only piece of advice.
Speaker 5: Okay, So then wait, I'm now I've got to talk because we talk about how so many of the d coms are in fact filmed in Utah, right, that is the DCOM Central.
Speaker 1: Utah or Vancouver.
Speaker 6: Sure, Hatching Pete was definitely shot in Utah.
Speaker 5: Oh, I was gonna say, Okay, that's two out of four, all right, all four of them got it?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 2: Were any of them shot at the same high school? Like did you go back to the same high school as a different character?
Speaker 4: And I don't think so.
Speaker 1: Well, that would be funny, that would be funny in the same hallways.
Speaker 3: It's possible that Minutemen and Hatching Pete used the same one.
Speaker 4: That's possible. I don't remember for sure.
Speaker 6: I didn't recognize.
Speaker 3: That, probably not because that the Minimen one is very it's very iconic, at least to me. It looks as a very sort of specific, like big broad like it felt like a mall being inside.
Speaker 6: Of it was.
Speaker 3: It was massive, very distinct. So I was surprised if they if they went back there. But I'm I'm having trouble remembering, to be honest with you, I don't know.
Speaker 5: And we we've heard from somebody about a hotel America or something.
Speaker 1: All of America.
Speaker 3: There's no there's Grand America, and then there's the Little America.
Speaker 5: That's a hotel where you stay when you're okay, so you did stay there.
Speaker 4: Both of them.
Speaker 3: The first time you go, you're at the Little America. They're literally across the street from each other. So you're like at the Grand America or you're at.
Speaker 4: The Little America.
Speaker 6: Budget is America total?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: How many decoms would you have to do before they put you at the Grand America?
Speaker 3: As the cross, I think it was three, remembering correctly, I think it was only the Good Like Charlie movie that we stayed at Grand America, Okay, because most of the time you stayed at Little America.
Speaker 4: To be to be fair, I think that's usually where they put you up.
Speaker 6: Got it. We're exposing d coms now.
Speaker 5: Now everyone in Utah is going to just camp out looking for Jason Dolly.
Speaker 4: Yeah boy.
Speaker 2: All right, So you said you're having trouble remembering the high school. It leads to a good question, when's the last time you watched Minimen?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 3: It was actually not that long ago. I rewatched it. I want to say twenty twenty, twenty twenty.
Speaker 4: One, Okay, okay, just for just for kicks.
Speaker 1: So you do your first d com.
Speaker 2: You're now part of the channel, you know, the first d com which we haven't watched yet, but we will do. You When you get a call for Minutemen, is it hey, come do this movie or do you have to read again?
Speaker 4: So no, so so the next read was Corey Mouse. So that was it.
Speaker 3: That was an audition, But that was also one where I was like, they know me. It's it's a little not a normality completely, but I did have to go in and and sort of earn that. But then no, Minutemen was like, hey, between season two and three or one and two, I think you're you're doing this movie.
Speaker 6: Wow, that's really great.
Speaker 3: Hey that was that was also it was just like here's your next movie, like, okay, great, and then of course the god like Charlie.
Speaker 6: How do you feel about there?
Speaker 4: You're right, is there a fear at all?
Speaker 6: Because you're gonna be.
Speaker 4: You're go work through that some some issues. No, it was, it was great.
Speaker 3: It was a dream scenario as an accurate You're like do this okay.
Speaker 2: Great, thank you, and you said you were what sixteen by the time you did about sixteen yeah, okay. And did you know any of the cast you were working with? Did you know Nicholas Brawn or Luke Benwoerd anybody?
Speaker 3: No, No, we all met, you know, I you know, in preparation at some point for that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no way, not even okay.
Speaker 6: Do you remember when the d Con games where the Disney Channel games. Weren't we on the yellow team? Were you yellow?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I was yellow?
Speaker 6: Okay, yes, yes, we were all on the yellow That was.
Speaker 4: The good Year team. It was not a great team, but that was the Good Year right.
Speaker 6: I don't think we won one obstacles on anything.
Speaker 3: I I still am pretty sure that we should have won, or at least we shouldn't have lost the way we did.
Speaker 4: Simon says, do you remember that?
Speaker 6: Yes? That was garbage.
Speaker 1: We were like, this is please walked me through.
Speaker 3: There was It was a really intense game of Simon says, led by the great, wonderful Brian's to panic.
Speaker 5: And by this time we had had enough of losing, were like.
Speaker 7: We can do this.
Speaker 6: Simon says.
Speaker 5: You know, Kevin Jonas was about to throw in the towel completely.
Speaker 6: We were so upset about these games.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was it was rough, but it was me and Jason Earls, and we must have gone for I don't know, like five minutes straight of just the two of us, and then I don't remember exactly what happened. I think Brian called me out for doing like moving in some way that I wasn't really sure I did, and we all kind of talked about it after, was like, did you.
Speaker 4: See anything happen? It was like, I don't know, I don't know. I don't know what he saw. I don't know what happened, but he got raw.
Speaker 3: I don't know if he just called it or if he saw something none of us saw. I don't remember the full thing, but it was really intense and very disappointing results to be like, I don't know how I right.
Speaker 5: And it's the It's at this point too, where now you've got a bunch of Disney you know, quote unquote stars that are all miked now cursing.
Speaker 6: Bell like.
Speaker 4: Garbage.
Speaker 5: We were so upset, Simon says, And you couldn't take it, but.
Speaker 6: Like the only team just really screwed over every time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I'm not.
Speaker 6: Upset about it obviously.
Speaker 5: We've really gotten over, completely over it, but gone with our lives.
Speaker 1: That's so funny. Oh man, I'm kind of wish.
Speaker 2: I told Sabrina I'd never seen it, but if it was more like the Hunger Games.
Speaker 1: I would have watched all the time, it would be would have been kind of cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they tried to do it.
Speaker 3: They tried to make it more reality show kind of in the second the second year we went to uh Disney World, which was my second year doing it. Do you remember that they like made us Did you go the second year or the third year?
Speaker 5: The year I was on the Yellow team was when we were at Walt Disney World.
Speaker 6: That's the one I'm talking about.
Speaker 3: That was our That was the first year we went to Disney. So I didn't do the very very first time. First time they did it in Los Angeles.
Speaker 6: I yeah, I only didn't.
Speaker 4: Do that one. I went to the second one, which was in Disney World.
Speaker 3: They did a third one in disney World also, god it that was one where I think I was Green team. And do you remember how we just would play games all day, Like you'd stop up at like nine thirty, You'd play games all day. You'd be done at like four, and you go in the park in the evenings. So year two in Disney World, you played one game per day, yeah, and you spend the rest of the time shooting, like you know, oh, what's what's the drama behind the scenes of the Green team? Who's your biggest rival? Like you guys, guys took the wrong thing. The games were the fun thing. That is no inter team drama. We're just a good time.
Speaker 4: Like what do you have? So you were shooting till like six or seven at least sometimes, and you were.
Speaker 3: Like tired from a full day of work, and I don't want to go to the park, but I gotta go to the park. I say this like it's a horrible thing. It just was disappointing. Year one was great and your two was like.
Speaker 5: Ah, yeah, I only did that first year. That first year then you.
Speaker 6: That was the middle one, the second one.
Speaker 4: I guess in and out.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean after your disappointment, you wouldn't go back.
Speaker 1: I mean that's yikes. Yeah, thats with you.
Speaker 2: Don't even talk to her about family feud. Her time on family feud did not go well. No oh no, we'll send you the clip.
Speaker 1: I had it.
Speaker 2: Hear it. It's phenomenal. I can't wait to watch it myself. But Jensen tells me it is. It is marvelous.
Speaker 6: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: So how long was the shoot for Minute Men? Is it your standard month kind of thing?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I think it was five weeks maybe six?
Speaker 2: Yeah, And did you have any rehearsal time or is it just jump in, let's go make a movie, you know, I don't, I bet not.
Speaker 4: Maybe a little bit.
Speaker 3: You know, in pre production you kind of do the table read and you maybe work a couple of scenes. But I don't think there was a lot of I should really remember we had rehearsal for patching Pete. I remember specifically because we had like.
Speaker 6: Dance off that.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But also like we trained with the guy who was the San Diego Chicken.
Speaker 4: Do you know who the Sandego Chicken is? I didn't know who this guy was at all.
Speaker 6: But he's like a professional mascot.
Speaker 1: Wait, like is he a Podre or something?
Speaker 3: He was the mascot for the Padres, but he I think the Potters, and he was known.
Speaker 4: As the San Diego Chicken and that's sort of what he what he did. And so he came to Utah, I believe, to Utah.
Speaker 3: I don't think we did that in La before we left and came all there, and we like learned how to like walk in a chicken suit and like you had to like make the tail bob up and down, you know, things like that where you might not know how.
Speaker 6: To do that form of mascoti.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how to sort of communicate body language to mascot costume. You certain things are limited, so you have to kind of overdo it certain ways. So I remember that. And then there was a tons of stunt work for a minute. Man, I don't think we didn't even rehearsal for any of that.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, that's a good question about because one of the things we wanted to talk to about is the stunts.
Speaker 4: You guys are.
Speaker 2: First of all, you're in basically every scene in the film. It's like you didn't get a day we were looking going. It's like you didn't get any time off whatsoever. And yeah, very physical the stuff that you're doing. Yea, was there people getting hurt? Was their training? Was their safety?
Speaker 1: I mean you're hanging from stuff, You're jumping into things. I mean, what was that like?
Speaker 4: I mean it was really fun.
Speaker 3: I think it would yeah, I mean I was I was a kid, I was a teenager, and a part of my job is running around jumping off this trampoline, landed on this crash pad, and but it was it was really really fun.
Speaker 4: So we were shooting this, I believe in.
Speaker 3: Like July sometime in the summer, and Utah summers are pretty hot, and so we're covered in you know, the snowsuits for a lot of the sequences, especially when we're running and doing all this stuff. So we got crazy hot, you know, drinking tons of water and whatever. And at one point they got these like ice pack vest things like cooling packs for us to work, Like great, awesome, put those on. In ten minutes, all the cooling stuff had just melted and was just at that point just dead weight.
Speaker 4: Okay, there's no solving this. This is just you just have to kind of just hot. Yeah, we're just hot, all right?
Speaker 6: What Oh man.
Speaker 4: We tried.
Speaker 3: We tried to make the best of it, and you know it was that man, it was really fun.
Speaker 1: How did they hang you from the ram?
Speaker 4: Oh? That they so they built the ram for that shot.
Speaker 3: Of course that ram was like steel reinforcing wires and like it was a really talked They talked us through that hole. You know, how they built it and how it was really really sturdy and all the stuff, and then yeah, like we just had harnesses on and they had little you know, hooks and caribanears and just screwed us in and we're literally actually dangling from that ram as far as I remember, I mean, maybe I'm maybe I'm wrong, but that's that's my memory in my brain, is that we lowered us up on a on a crane or whatever, and we got on there and we were there just big.
Speaker 4: There's big shots. It's big, like establishing shots.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm pretty sure we were really there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I have I have memories of looking out and seeing people down below.
Speaker 2: And it's funny because it kind of one of the things that led us to talking about was the fact that this school represented the worst adults that we've.
Speaker 1: Ever seen on a d com when there were adults around.
Speaker 2: So the good question is, I mean, we couldn't think of another movie, at least that we've watched so far in the dcom world where there are no parents.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there's the guys, Yeah you have parents, none of you.
Speaker 2: So was it just like the Summer Camp shooting because there were no there were no adults anywhere it's.
Speaker 3: Really weird, right, what's what are what are Virgil's parents doing?
Speaker 4: What are they where?
Speaker 1: We never know?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you never actually in his house for at least like a few scenes.
Speaker 2: There's like yeah, yeah, when you're studying, when you're studying, or when the little the wonderfully it's a it's a Disney trope. We keep seeing all the time now, the horribly annoying little sister.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, you're in your basement, and you're in the basement and the little sister, he's for some reason dressed like a stripper from the fifties, comes down.
Speaker 1: And is hitting on your friends.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, I forgot about that completely.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but no parents anywhere to be found.
Speaker 5: Oh man, you know what, We've seen so many of these movies that you know, shoot in in Utah. We've never asked anyone do they have a specific agency out there?
Speaker 6: Where do they get their extras?
Speaker 5: Because they're always in high school, so there's obviously always a lot of high school age kids or middle school age kids. Do you know were they were they just kids that went to that high school or I remember, I don't remember.
Speaker 3: I mean, I know the it was like the same production company every time. I mean by the time I was going for even for reading, they'd been there for a while.
Speaker 4: So it was kind of like, you know, sort of like a mini.
Speaker 3: Atlanta where a certain handful of projects are going to come through every year.
Speaker 4: If your local talent, you'll get some opportunities.
Speaker 3: And I think by that point people just sort of knew that, yeah, Disney Channel comes through.
Speaker 4: Here every now and then.
Speaker 3: Is that there were some plenty of repeat cast members that I had seen they were either extras previously then had a speaking role in the next one or that kind of thing. Yeah, Yeah, so it was people people knew the word was out for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's got to be a machine by that point, because they're pumping out so many decoms that they're either in Toronto, Vancouver, or Utah.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 1: Ye, unless they need an ocean.
Speaker 2: We've noticed that they need an ocean, like Johnny tsunami, they'll shoot somewhere else.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they that for sure isn't Vancouver or somewhere nearby there because they have ocean.
Speaker 1: No, we talked to him, where did they shoot? Why didn't they And.
Speaker 6: Then they they shot there? No, they didn't.
Speaker 1: They were I can't remember that was the.
Speaker 6: Second movie he told us was shot in New Zealand.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, they went to New Zealand.
Speaker 5: Oh yes, oh yeah, but super cool stuff that was by the ocean for brink that was in l A.
Speaker 4: In l A, Yeah, okay, in l A.
Speaker 1: And then and then the one we just saw was also in LA with the ocean.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but that was wasn't it.
Speaker 4: They went, Oh yeah, they.
Speaker 1: Did some in LA, but they did the rest in Puerto Rico.
Speaker 2: Yes, So it was nice to be back in our comfortable Utah.
Speaker 1: One of the things we.
Speaker 2: Also noticed is that for a d com, it had a decent budget. Your budget was five million dollars, which is which is good for a d com. And the special effects looked pretty good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, they they kind of I don't I don't know the ones said they had to, but you know, I really appreciate that they that they took the time to make those look good, because you know, it's the kind of thing where, yes, the movie can be good, and I'm just I'm happy that they put the right amount of the appropriate amount of budget to that because it doesn't look You watch it back and you go, yeah, it's clearly from a few years ago, but doesn't look terrible.
Speaker 4: No, and it looked a lot worse.
Speaker 5: And it would like the rocket that's behind his his that didn't look that great. The rest of it, did.
Speaker 1: The Vortex and the black hole? I mean for a d com in mid two thousand, Yeah, not bad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's such an integral part of the story and you have to see that thing, and that thing needs to look like a really big problem and they really did what was necessary to make that come across.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well, we got a chance to interview Michael Healy and oh yeah, from what he had to say about this movie specifically, they had high hopes for the movie and thought the movie was great, so you know they did. I feel like they really did make sure that they put a lot of effort, and they bumped up the release date right.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, they moved your release date.
Speaker 2: You were gonna be I think in March or wherever, but they moved you up to January to a better time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because they had high hopes for this.
Speaker 2: And when we asked Michael, when you look back on your career at Disney Channel, what's a movie that did well but deserved more.
Speaker 1: Than it got.
Speaker 2: And he instantly went to Minimum. He said no, he said, I thought that movie was gonna be and again you still did. It was like almost seven million viewers. Yeah, yeah, which is great, really great for the channel. But this is the one that he looks back on, like, this is the one I thought it was going to blow up, right, and thought was going to be you know that, you know, you always thinking sequels and because again you can always gower stuff.
Speaker 3: And yeah, we were we were waiting for a couple of years there for that that Minimen two call.
Speaker 6: Did they talk about it, Well, we.
Speaker 4: Talked about it.
Speaker 3: I mean we would talk about it too, whenever we got a chance, you know, Gary marsh is there. Hey, Minimum, You know, as far as I know, there was no.
Speaker 4: Like real talk that I have heard.
Speaker 2: Right to get watching Pete too, because I want to see more in the dancing.
Speaker 4: That one I think is better story that wraps up really nicely. In that one, I think we can.
Speaker 7: Yeah, do you do it?
Speaker 4: They'll get me wrong.
Speaker 1: Do you keep in touch with any of your Disney Channel peeps?
Speaker 4: And nobody did movies with Yeah? I mean I still see Dexter Darden every now and then.
Speaker 3: Luke, it's been a few years. Saying with Nick and uh, but I mean obviously people from Charlie. I still see Bradley, I still see Eric the brother and dad and.
Speaker 4: But uh, but no everybody.
Speaker 3: There's lots of people that I still will, you know, text every now and then, are send a message here?
Speaker 1: Well, it's a rarefied club.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sure, it's also so one of the things we like to ask is have you felt the surgeons because everything is coming back with Disney Plus and everybody watching it, have you?
Speaker 1: I mean, since you again are in four Originals.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean it's interesting.
Speaker 3: So I went to Disney World over Christmas and it was the first time I was recognized by more cast members than by park goers. Okay, well, I don't know if that really lines up with with this, with what you're saying, but it was just interesting though.
Speaker 1: I mean I think it does.
Speaker 3: The age group that is now trying to sort of know that my my time is has kind of shifted from from that to that. So and look, I mean, I you know, you say have you felt it? I mean I would feel a little bit more if I got some reboot calls. To be quite honest, exactly, I'm not sure what's keeping them rebooting. Good love Charlie at this point, but hey, you know.
Speaker 2: From your lips, but you just wait to get your first My grandmother used to have her your picture on her wall.
Speaker 4: I had that.
Speaker 1: Hey thanks to Nana, right right?
Speaker 8: Awesome?
Speaker 1: But yeah, they do. They grew up with you, They grow up with you.
Speaker 6: Yeah that's cool. Well, speaking of you just mentioned Disney World.
Speaker 5: I'm we've heard and found out a little bit that you are a huge disney Land fans with your family.
Speaker 6: Do you go off? I'm as well. I was there last night.
Speaker 1: I mean really, you were there last night?
Speaker 6: Yeah, or yesterday?
Speaker 5: You lived in County, I've lived about twenty minutes away from the park.
Speaker 6: I went as far to take my daughter for the day.
Speaker 5: Text my husband and said, hey, after work, do you want me to grab Ledger our son and we'll come back and do nighttime Disney.
Speaker 6: And he's like sure, So we went.
Speaker 5: I came back, got the kids, got the husband, and then we went back to Disneyland.
Speaker 6: So are you are you there often?
Speaker 4: Should we?
Speaker 6: Should we do a Disney day.
Speaker 4: Less that I used to go.
Speaker 3: I still I'm probably there at most once a year, although I mean I was in Disney World last year, so you then you know, you know, but it was like.
Speaker 4: A whole trip, that's a whole thing. Yeah that's a big that's a big trip. But this Disneyland's not that far.
Speaker 3: It's the hour or so, so you yeah, yeah, but but yeah, I mean, I I I grew up going to Disneyland.
Speaker 4: Yes, And then it was like, so I knew, you know, I knew the I knew the layout, I knew the rides.
Speaker 3: And then you know, when you start working with Disney Channel and they send you there or you go there and you get the guy and it was like, oh, man.
Speaker 6: Is it?
Speaker 4: And then I was worried. I was like I didn't want to go back, you know, without the plaid.
Speaker 3: But I gotta tell you, it's still it's still a great experience. I don't mind waiting the lines as much as I thought I would. It's like it's nice.
Speaker 4: You just sort of you get to experience the atmosphere of the thing.
Speaker 3: It's like there's definitely there's pros and cons to both, because like some of the rides I've been on in Disney World, I was going through the lines and I was like, this is really cool.
Speaker 4: I never got to see like the front of this ride.
Speaker 6: Okay, yes, that's very true.
Speaker 5: You don't get a lot of it has so much of the story, there's very cool. All the detail that's at Disneyland and disney World.
Speaker 2: It's worth the trade off to miss that to go to the bed in front of it.
Speaker 3: I'm not trying to sound like it's bad the other way, but it's nice to.
Speaker 5: Go in the line after and see all the stuff, you know, I mean, a ride like Indiana Jones just has so much detail and cool stuff that, of course it's nice to miss the seventy five minute.
Speaker 6: Wait and you go right on.
Speaker 3: However, they have done that if you haven't gone through like you should because it's it is cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's so strange as an East Coast kid, like growing up in the East Coast hearing like, well, I grew up going to Disneyland because it was you might as well have said to me as a kid, Oh, I grew up going to the Moon like it was such a Disneyland was such a thing that the idea that you got.
Speaker 1: To grow up near the park is so cool to me.
Speaker 2: Okay, so I hate to do this to you, do.
Speaker 4: You really no?
Speaker 1: I actually love it. I've been looking forward to it since I knew you were coming on here. What's your favorite one that you've done?
Speaker 6: And why is it hatching p.
Speaker 1: And why is it hatching Pete? Exactly?
Speaker 4: It's hard to choose.
Speaker 3: I think I think the if I was gonna watch one, I would watch Minutemen one hundred percent.
Speaker 4: That's the one that I think I would enjoy watching the most.
Speaker 3: And as far as like, as far as the experience filming it, it's it's hard to pick between frankly, probably Minutemen and the Good Luck Charlie Christmas movie just because you know, too vastly different experiences. Mintmen, I was the lead, I was on set every day. It was a group of brand new people that all happen to be, you know, just awesome people that were out all the time. Was like, it's like when it's a good group, especially, it's really extra fun because it feels like camp, you know, yeah, or.
Speaker 4: They're the hotel. It's like a really really special bonding time, you know.
Speaker 3: Whereas with Good Look Charlie, I knew everybody already and it was lovely to go on basically a vacation with because it was like it kind of they split the genders for that one, so like the Bridget and Lee had their own story and then the guys had their own story. So we were kind of shooting working together, and then when they were working, we were kind of at the hotel hanging out.
Speaker 4: So that was more like a family vacation, you know, feel.
Speaker 6: And to take it off of a studio a lot too, I'm sure. Yeah, yeah, you know, take it off a.
Speaker 5: Studio a lot, go to a new venue location and that kind of stuff.
Speaker 3: There was a whole big sequence in that film with paintball guns, and so we there was aholl like a paintball fight scene, so we went to the paintball arena and we played paintball all the time together during.
Speaker 4: That shit, you know.
Speaker 3: So it's like experience why It's really hard to pick, but I think if it was, it was like, Okay, watch one of your d COM's right now.
Speaker 4: It's it's minimum.
Speaker 1: Okay, see minimm is your favorite, and you hated the other three?
Speaker 4: Got it? You heard it from my from my mouth.
Speaker 5: You got to go back to the paintball scene because we haven't seen that one. I'm sure we'll get to.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, I just thought it we're definitely going to be.
Speaker 5: Doing lots of like Halloween ish, you know, with zombies and Halloween through and stuff like that.
Speaker 6: Well, obviously I didn't know there was a Christmas type.
Speaker 1: Christmas d com category in.
Speaker 6: The d COM's. I did not know that, So we'll have to do that.
Speaker 5: I love a Christmas movie, so we'll eventually see it.
Speaker 6: So there's a paintball scene.
Speaker 5: How did they do paintballs in the Disney Channel filming situation?
Speaker 6: Because they can't be real paintballs, right, those things?
Speaker 3: No, but they were real paintball guns. You just didn't have anything in the in the hopper, so you shoot and nothing comes out, you know.
Speaker 2: And then they just put it in digitally at the at the AA or they you know, you rip.
Speaker 3: Pan over and then it's like you've already sort of dressed, you know, got it Okay.
Speaker 4: It was like a whole action.
Speaker 3: Sequence like we had, you know, a whole area like you know, it was very fun.
Speaker 4: It was very you know that bonds kind of ask were fun.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's something I've never done.
Speaker 5: It looks so fun, But I am too much of a chicken to get somebody.
Speaker 2: They took us one time. All the teams, either Tiger Beat or Team Beat. One of the Beats took all of like young Hollywood at the time when we were doing Boy Mets World and just handed us all guns and it was just, you know, shooting each other when you're hitting the kids from you know, full or I mean, it was like we're just nailing each other with It was a ridiculous amount of you only.
Speaker 5: Wear a chest thing, right, you're not fully probably in a mask, but like if.
Speaker 6: Your legs are your arms kid, right, those brutes.
Speaker 2: At one point, Jenavanoi from Blossom got up to run away and Ryder Strong's brother Shiloh stood up from five feet behind her and just tagged her in the back and yeah, I think I was dating her at the time, and I just heard her go like oh and like faulled. I mean, it was like my kids in Hollywood just shooting each other with paintballs from five feet away.
Speaker 6: That sounds like a nightmare.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 2: It was a lot of fun when you were shooting minute men. Did you play with the time machine? And when you did horfor back, did you go?
Speaker 3: It was uh, I don't even remember how to what it even looked like to be honest with it was like a what was it?
Speaker 4: What it looked like? You just watched it? What it looked like?
Speaker 2: It was a it was a projector it was the uh projector that. Then you're in the abandoned pool and you've got to go jump off the diving board. Oh yeah, okay into the swrolling vortex, where the first thing you do is grab a poor, defenseless cat and throw it to that.
Speaker 4: Poor Did you ever see where that cat?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: Does that cat come back out?
Speaker 2: It does, just comes back frozen, It comes back here.
Speaker 5: And I didn't understand did they ever explain why it's so cold to time travel?
Speaker 6: Why you guys are freezing?
Speaker 3: Oh promise you're going to the vacuum of space? They probably said they didn't. I'm sure they didn't.
Speaker 4: Did they not know?
Speaker 1: They didn't?
Speaker 6: I did not understand why.
Speaker 2: We rate every movie, And in all fairness because you I'll probably go back and listen to us and listen to the mini man. It lost some points based on awfulness of adults because they were like, the principal is the I just wanted to actually kill it.
Speaker 4: What was the principal's whole deal?
Speaker 2: So he wouldn't help any of the kids that were like getting bullied, He's like, no.
Speaker 5: The nerds that were getting bullied. He was like, this is the he called the social climate.
Speaker 4: That was JP Panu, Right, yeah, I believe so.
Speaker 1: Is that his name? Yeah yeah, yeah, just.
Speaker 4: Sort of like totally passive evolutionary laws or whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah yeah, And he kind of wouldn't help anybody.
Speaker 2: And then the FBI deciding to send children into the spinning vortex of death.
Speaker 5: Just as bad as you guys thrown that cat in there. I mean, they didn't care about you at all.
Speaker 1: They didn't care about the kid, like, just go.
Speaker 6: We'll see if you guys can figure it out.
Speaker 3: If not, I could see some argument in favor of doing it rather than somebody else because we've done it before.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you're chill.
Speaker 3: Were the only ones with experience your children. But at the same time, yeah, if we die, then the FBI has child of blood on their hands, which they were okay with.
Speaker 2: But here's the thing that we did love, and I mean loved the cast. You guys were all great, I mean really really good.
Speaker 3: I was just thinking about that actually in preparation for this. Was like, first of all, yes, we all were great, cast, and you also like it's undeniable looking at the careers of some of the people.
Speaker 4: A lot of the people that were in it.
Speaker 3: You know, Nick Brown doing Succession, I mean, Benor did a ton of comedies with it, like most of McCarthy is like it was the Dexter Darden tons of works. Like it was really a special collection of people. If you look at the sort of the timeline and everything is not really Tesla Kane of course doing all her baby daddy stuff.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, and you all at the chemistry that you know, That's why one of the questions we asked was like, well, I'm sure they knew each other before they went in, because the chemistry.
Speaker 1: Was you are so good. Yeah, yeah, that man.
Speaker 2: It was definitely an incredible group of young actors, really strong casting.
Speaker 1: You should be proud of that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there you go Judy again. Judy is She's an all star. She's an all star. And that's that's what we've really seen with so many i mean, got to kick it up, America Ferrera. I mean, it's like just these all these Disney d coms are filled with so much talent and so and to where as an actor, why you want it. You were hopeful to get on the channel because that was such a huge stepping stone into taking your career to that next level, you know, and and also having fun.
Speaker 6: These movies are made of, you know, we.
Speaker 5: Hated every every adult who cares because we've got just a great cast.
Speaker 1: Of kids, you know, amazing, amazing, so.
Speaker 6: Fun to work on. And yeah, that's awesome.
Speaker 2: Okay, So for our last question here, and we would be remiss if we did not ask this. You have a time machine. What do you go back in your own life and change?
Speaker 6: And change? Not relive? I tried to relive. Will told me I.
Speaker 1: Was she was playing the game wrong.
Speaker 6: I couldn't do that. I played the game wrong.
Speaker 4: You have to change? Can change?
Speaker 6: Was it on family?
Speaker 4: I think I know Sabrina's answer.
Speaker 1: It was a great answer.
Speaker 3: To well, I would you know what I would do to bring this whole conversation full circle? I would go back and I would I would not stop going back to the Simon says, game okay, until we want, we.
Speaker 4: Want, I love.
Speaker 6: Until yellow got a freaking wind.
Speaker 4: That's that's like genuinely what I would.
Speaker 3: I don't really, I don't have a thankfully out of a ton of regrets in my life. I mean, that's probably that's wonderful. That's really hanging over me the more I think about it. So that's that's what I would great.
Speaker 6: I love it. That's perfect.
Speaker 5: Oh I do have to ask this catching people were you dancing? Was that you dancing in there?
Speaker 3: So there were at least four chickens, myself and Mitchell included. So there was a dance chicken, and there was a stunt chicken, but then there was also a dance chicken. I think there was a separate one from Mitchell. And the reason was because my legs were so skinny and his word like his word not I always had like I had like genuine chicken legs, So they had to have a dancer that that wouldn't look like his legs in the thing when it was me.
Speaker 4: So so there were there were at least.
Speaker 3: Four chickens, maybe more, which was great because I don't want to I don't want to spoil this podcast.
Speaker 2: If we were just this exact conversation made we have to do HATCHI Pete with you.
Speaker 3: So yeah, yeah, it was great because when I had the head on an info costume, no one was ever really sure who I was. You're like, you couldn't for sure tell, so I could like go and there was a certain level of anonymity that I could have and just walk around on set and just screw around with people like do like do mascot stuff, you know, take their drink.
Speaker 1: Or whatever, and then like that kind of they don't know if it was.
Speaker 4: It was so much fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you so much for joining us, Jason.
Speaker 1: Thanks for having We've been wanting to talk to you for so long now. So this is great.
Speaker 8: Good.
Speaker 4: I bet it, I bet it worked out.
Speaker 1: Hopefully this is the first of the times you're going to be coming here because I love it.
Speaker 2: We got four movies, Like we said, you're royal, you are royalty, four movies.
Speaker 6: We gotta go and look for your crown in the mail.
Speaker 4: Perfect.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much by Jason.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 5: That was so fun. It was such a dull face. Oh my gosh.
Speaker 6: What a sweet guy.
Speaker 2: The idea that he's had so much fun in his career that he's like, if I had a time machine, the thing I would change would be to go win the time and he's like, I don't have many regrets.
Speaker 1: In my life. That's awesome.
Speaker 6: That's amazing. Love that amazing so much.
Speaker 1: And I'm so happy that he came up.
Speaker 6: Clearly has not embarrassed himself on anything.
Speaker 1: We've got to do hatching Pete. Okay, thank you everybody for joining us in this park Opper episode. Thank you Jason Dolly for coming out.
Speaker 2: It was so cool to talk to him, and I can't wait to do it again for another show. And everybody, Yeah, just go watch Minute Men and get some wonderwear and shake the leg.
Speaker 6: That's all.
Speaker 1: That's all I gotta do.
Speaker 5: Oh gosh, let this nightmare be done.
Speaker 6: Shake the leg.
Speaker 1: Thanks everybody, and we will see you next time.
Speaker 8: Bye bye
Speaker 6: Every