Speaker 1: Late fifteen to ten touched up What's Up?
Speaker 2: Guys.
Speaker 1: Welcome into a brand new episode of Chargers Weekly, Night two of the twenty twenty five NFL Draft, as always, joined by the Voice of the Chargers, Matt Muddy Smith. Instant reaction to rounds two and three and money. We talked about both of these positions last night as ones to watch coming into Friday night. And we'll just start with the third wide receiver off the board today, Trey Harris from Old Miss, a guy who's played a lot of football, very productive last year despite missing five games.
Speaker 2: Huge, just huge. I you know, we were talking about who might be available, and I had no inclination to think that he would be there at fifty five. It's just it's two those guys go early, you know, like for all of the Tmax stuff, the teter Ro McMillan stuff that always can slide and he's too casual. Like, no, just guys that are that big and play that role a legitimate X receiver, they just go high. And I think with the injury to Trey Harris, with the combine that you know, he's coming off the groin and he's running, you know, a little over a four to five, it's like, yeah, he's gonna slide in the second, but someone's gonna be He's gonna be one of the first five picks on day two. That's just kind of how I assumed that was gonna go. That's why when we're talking about wide receivers yesterday, I was kind of talking about you know, Jack Besh and the guy you know who got picked right after him. I was like, yeah, that's sort of what we're looking at right there. So you know, to hear Joe Ortiz tell the story about how he just had this gut feeling and he talked about, you know, when they took Tory Smith in Baltimore and he told John Harbaugh that he had this feeling. Yeah. I mean like that's I'm glad his gut was right because I would have never in a million years believed that he would be there. He is for people who don't watch a lot of college football. He's an ex. He is a legitimate Put him out on the island. Let a corner try to deal with him. He's physical, he's fast, he's tall, he glides because he's got long strides. He catches everything. It's a freaking huge git at fifty five.
Speaker 1: It is and that's why we say be patient throughout this whole process, right. You know, we talked about DK Metcalf and Higgins T Higgins who just was not gonna be available. You know, you see her. It's like you're banging your head against the wall trying to find that perfect fit and knowing that you have Lad already on the other side, knowing that you brought it in Mike Williams, knowing that you have Tyler Conklin to go with Will Disley. You remade the backfield now with Najee Harris and Marion Hanton. We talked about all the strengths and attributes that that Hampton has. It's gonna help Herbert in this offense. Now you bring in a guy who was uber productive over the last couple of years at Old Miss and head over a thousand yards receiving in eight games last year. Money. I mean, his numbers are off the charts. He's a playmaker. He fits that exposition I was reading in Dane's Beast, that is I think his favorite routes to slant route. Cool nugget that he and Malik Neighbors played together. He was the quarterback on that team. How about that? So it just shows what an athlete he is, and I think he's just gonna fit really nicely into this offense. You lose Joshua Palmer, and you know, we saw Quentin kind of take a step next year. But to have this young nucleus, specifically with lad and Harris, it's a good thing for Justin Herbert, a good thing for the Powder Blues.
Speaker 2: Yeah it is. And I'm trying to get my camera all sorted out because I got a million computers and a million different things, So I'm trying to get over here so I can see this. This was my favorite thing about Trey. I think this kind of illustrates what we're talking about. So his last you know, because he had the groin, he missed weeks eight through twelve, so he comes back in week thirteen. He's clearly not right. But so Kentucky all SEC games, Kentucky, South Carolina, La Florida, Right, they're they're putting guys in the league. They're putting defensive backs in the league. You know, you think about Hairston, South Carolina and Melanie Lsu, like these are top shelf NFL players. And my favorite thing of all of the stats in those four games. His long reception forty eight, fifty seven, forty seven, forty three, So a dude that takes the top off though. That was his long So that's what we're talking about. A true X go and go get it, and he gets it. And that's kind of what we're talking Like when you go through you know, when he was at LA Tech for those three years, and he's an older guy because of COVID and and all that, you know, so he gets that extra year of production. But when you go through his his year by year, right, sixty two, sixty four, fifty six, and seventy, there's his long receptions from each of us year. So like that's what we're talking about, Like, you know, complimentary football, not just you know, in all three phases, but from position groups. Can you compliment each other when you're building out a wide receiver room. This is going to help lad Man. This guy is just put him and you know what, talk about a guy to learn from. To have Mike Williams, you know with the Chargers, and someone that you do not want to overwork because of the history, right Chris, to have you know, Trey Harris rolling at six three two hundred and ten pounds. Those measurements sound familiar, you know, to work under. You know, Mike dubb Is is awesome, you know, And again it's a guy that's coming off a pretty gnarly growing injury. I think it's a sports hernia or growing something like that. So you don't have to freak out and you know, and press him to play too much. And I think he's a hell of a player. Man, I think he is a hell of a player.
Speaker 1: And he's not a developmental player either too. Buddy. You mentioned the time in college he played fifty one game. So this is a guy who's ready. He's ready to go this year. You don't have to wait on him in terms of pick up the playbook and trying to kind of reach your full potential on an efort to to get some snaps. One of the things I'm so glad you brought up to Mike Williams things because I saw under his weaknesses low career contested catch rate relative to his size. Maybe Mike could teach him a figure two about going up and get in one. You know. So I love I love the fit. Uh you mentioned that, Chris, I want to jump in there.
Speaker 2: Just real quick and then just pick it right up. Just It says that about the contested catch rate, and I get it, and I'm sure there's but man, you look at some highlights like the one that that Lance was playing. I don't know if you saw Lance's breakdown our friend Lancer line. He's climbing a freaking tree over an LSU defensive back and just wraps his hands around the guy's head who's in front of him in the end zone to secure the catch and then pull it back over his helmet secure it. It's like, I'm all right with the contested catches.
Speaker 1: Sorry, no exactly. And you know again you mentioned all these these teams. This is SEC football too. I mean, so you're going to get best. It's best on best. You know, Jackson Dart was throwing him the football. What a situation he gets to go too, though, With Justin Herbert lad already kind of established here might coming back. This running game a lot of one oh one opportunities for Justin to find him and make plays early as a rookie money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, look what did coach Arbass say and the presser we got stuff with you don't want to help out Justin wanted to help him out? And how look, Chris, we do this every week, right, And I enjoy engaging with people in the YouTube comments. And I think sort of one of the bigger themes is can we help Justin out? Can we get us some help? Man? Can we can? We? Like you got Justin Herbert? What are we doing? Why are we drafting Joe Wall? Let's get Justin some weapons? You know, why are we not signing T Higgins or trading for T Higgins? And why don't we get Devonte Adams? And why didn't we get Evan Ingram And let's help Well, here you go, Justin. Here's a Mari and Hampton in the backfield that teams are now going to have to account for. And there aren't gonna be any more light boxes with that dude back there. And then you know so, and then here's a take the top off a defense legitimate ex receiver. So hopefully you know, I'm not saying like you know that they're they're listening to the commenters or the fans that are bemoaning the fact. But it's it's not a quick fix, man, It's not a go throw a bunch of money at a guy and draft this guy high, even though he's not the highest player on your board, but because he fills that need you want to take take care of Justin Herbert. No, it's just it's these guys are here for the long haul man. Justin Herbert's just he hasn't even he's already Like, think about how early he is in his career. There's so much time, and it's it's this is all being now. You've got Trey Harrison, Lad McConkey and Marion Amarion Hampton. These guys are in their first and second years. It's like, and you've got Justin Herbert, who's not even twenty twenty seven.
Speaker 1: Now, I mean, come on, yeah, I think I think the they need to help Justin Herbert out needs to kind of go away now this offseason. You bring in a guy that he's very familiar with and Mike Williams had great chemistry with. Yeah, you bring in Mackay Beckton. You brought in Joe Alt last year to protect Justin Herbert. You got Rashaun Slater who's due for a big deal. On the other side, that running game is going to make Justin Herbert even better. This year. You have durability with Hampton, durability with Harris being able to chew clock when you need to. Lad McConkey, you know, who knows what else may be in store Tyler Conklin to go with Will Disley. So I think that they've done a lot to help Justin, to to lift this office, to make it more dynamic, to score more points. Frankly, and again I think that that that narrative of Justin Herbert needs more. I think he got a lot this offseason and maybe he'll get even more tomorrow and the back half of free agency.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that. You know, the one thing, you know, as they were I was texting with some friends is they were on the clock in the in the second and the third and I'm kind of looking at it, and clearly it was a one that they had blinders on for for Trey Harris, you know, just based on the discussion and the fact that they wanted to trade up to ensure that they got him, and John Spano's like, eh, And I think as he talked about you know, John said, look, there's there's players here. I don't think he's gonna go based on who's in front of us, and the fact that Green Bay had just taken Matthew Golden, Tampa had just taken a Mecca Egbuka, So you know, they're like, I think we're good and that's just but I look at what was behind him and it's like, yeah, these are three four guys that I was texting with my my friend. I was like, oh, gosh, Besh is there. Man's Besh is there? And then I'm like, you know, are they gonna could they take Trey Amos Fitzmintor's scheme perfectly? Here's your corner, Like there were so many and that's why I think that's how you play the board, right. It's like they'd be They would have been fine with Tate Ratlice can play guard center out of Georgia. They would have been fine with Besh Cooper cup type guy catches. He's one of my favorite players in the draft, as physical as any wide receiver out there. Just chucks guys like they're freaking up sack of potatoes. You got Trey Amos there, and then one of my favorite t tackles, Omar Norman Lotts. So it's like it's such a good feeling for just a lunkhead like me who barely knows what the heck he's looking at. I can only imagine what it's like in that room when they're like, guys, we're good, man, chill, we're freaking good. We're gonna get a really good player here at fifty five. And and so that was. That was, And it's funny, Chris because like in the third round, it was a little bit different. In the third round, it's like no, no, no, like you know, Fann and goes off at sixty seven. Darien Porter, one of my favorite guys. The Raiders got, like my favorite, they got Jack Bash, they got Darian Porter, they got a bunch of dudes that I like, freaking Raiders man. And then I love Tesla, but we'd already had the receiver. Kyle Williams went high in the third and then prior to one of my favorite corners, Noel Williams, DJ turned me on to him. Freaking Chiefs jump up in front of the Chargers to get Noel Williams. And I assume they did that specifically. They were like, oh yeah, this, he could go right here, So they did that intentionally, and then they end up getting the beef man. They ended up getting Jamari Caldwell right there at eighty six. And it's like, if I were to tell Charger fans, you're going to get on some boards, one on most boards, second best running back in the draft. You're going to get a true X receiver, top five six receiver in the draft, and you're going to get a legitimate replacement for Poona in days on Days one and two. How you feeling.
Speaker 1: Exactly the Caldwell pick. You knew at some point talking about the depth of the defensive tackle class that you were going to get a really good player in round three, and they identified tomorrow Caldwell, Who's just a beast of a guy, three hundred and sixty pounds. I tweeted, get this guy with Ben Herbert this offseason, and you know you maybe you may have something special here across the line. Uh, your thoughts on on Caldwell, how he fits in Jesse Mitzer's scheme, and how I guess you would say he's probably Poona Ford's replacement.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, yeah, to me, it's it's let me just look at him right, six two three point thirty, incredibly quick feet, athletic, It's Kenneth Grant. It's just it's Kenneth Grant, Like, that's that's the comp right. That's sort of like when when you think about that, so many teams mocking Kenneth Grant to the Chargers because of poona six', four three thirty, one incredibly nimble at, times played all the way out five, technique would play, wide could play, zero could play, Three and that's That's, calledwell it's the same, thing you. Know and AND i think the one thing that that stood out about his his organ you know versus his huge tape is who he's playing next. To you, know when you're playing next To Derek, harmon the number one pressure rate defensive tackle in college. Football last, year he was asked to eat up, tackles you, know just eat him. Up, Man freezie's got get double team Because harmon's gonna Eat and that's AND i think it says a lot when you go through Cald, wells when you go through his, grades you see that he was a pass, rusher an interior pass rusher At, houston and those guys what they tend to get drafted higher because you want upfield sack production that that's. In, instead he puts on the extra. Weight he said he wanted to compete in The Big. Ten it's a guy that had to take A juco route that was had zero, star had no, offers had went to two different jc's before he got the offer From houston From Dana, holderson ends up jumping up in, class wants to go play in The big. Ten oregon, offers but they, say, hey, man zero sacks this, year why you're gonna put on weight and you're gonna eat it? Up And harmon's gonna Eat and where Does harmon go twenty? One and where does this guy? Go eighty? Six not a? Pete you, know the zoom call we had with him after just was, Awesome what an awesome young, man and just kind of hearing the story about DURING covid families trying to make, money helping his mom run a kitchen and food delivery business out of their house so they can support the. Family and a guy that thought he had to quit football to help the family, out but then just missed it and loved it so much and goes TO jc route like these are the this is this is kind of where the portal comes, through you, know where it works out where here's a guy that has a chance to just jump From houston To, oregon an undefeated. Team all THESE nfl franchises are watching taate because you got all these, Players Terrence ferguson And Derek harmon and who pops but the guy that's eating up all the, tackles and they're, like, dang who's number? Ninety it's good after this, guy. Man and that's How caldwell ends up on The. Chargers and you, know coach said, it Or Joe rty said in the, presser this is one Of Mike elston's favorite. Guys and you know, what if there's one Of Mike elston's favorite, GUYS i think he's one of our favorite.
Speaker 1: Guys mike el. SAID i think when they were doing work, On harmon, said, wait who's the? Dude who's the dude next to? Him is? That is that a guy who could who could be A charger? POTENTIALLY i Saw Cliff kingsbury did the same thing With Adam. Peters he put a note on HIS u on his desk and, said draft The oregon tackle Connorly. An he went ahead and did. It but you, know, buddy these these front, OFFICES i just you have to just Trust. Joe joe has had such a track record of success With, baltimore and we have no, idea you, know two three years from, now we'll roll know who really popped in this draft and who's an impact player and who was a potential. Miss but if you just go off his track record Of, baltimore you see what they did last, year especially, early Getting alt And ladd and a pair of starting quarters in the fifth, round and Hopefully Junior colson pops here this, year who they drafted in the. Third you just have to trust trust this. Process how beneficial do you think having Coach harball and Coach spencer and all these guys From michigan in the building just a couple of years removed from seeing some of these guys in The Big ten. PERFORMED i, MEAN i just think that that's another kind of hidden advantage that The chargers have because these guys have been so close to the college. Game and we talked about it last, year but it still proves true in twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: FIVE i have no. DOUBT i, Mean i'm sure a lot of them are guys that they're, recruiting you, know, so and they're guys they're keeping an eye on the transfer portal, era you, know they've they've got to watch. Everyone you're not just recruiting high schools, anymore but they're Watching, houston and they're watching what he's doing At. Houston LIKE i, SAID i want to make SURE i pulled up the stats out so guys At houston he has eight. Sacks he comes To oregon and they're, like, yeah, dude things are going to be. Changing but he ends up having a ton of, hurries a ton of. Pressures that's the. Balls that was one of the things About Kenneth GRANT i definitely, appreciated was you know how frustrating it is when a guy is clearly going to lose the pass rush baddle and doesn't get that arm. Up and that's one thing That Kenneth grant does better than almost anybody that you'll. Watch he is so good at timing, it at seeing. It he rushes with his head Up Aaron donald's, style and he'll get that hand. Up and it's something That caldwell does very well. Too it's not just put your head down and bull rush and try to get in there and have no idea what's going on around. You he's a very aware. Person so that's that's something that THAT i think is a huge benefit because it was something That poona was really good at as well last, year AND i thought was sort of maybe under reported just because of how good all around he was. Playing but that was something that it felt like we were talking about almost every single. Game he'd get that mid up and could time it and could redirect passes and And caldwell is is. Good, then LIKE i, think so why is he? Available, well these guys are so? Good why why is he? Availed because because he's six to, one you, know because he he his because the combine numbers didn't match what you see on, tape the athletic, numbers and the profile of the combine was not you, know he's five to, one six forty guy a one eight six' ten, you know a twenty seven inch. Vertical, jump well what does? That, matter well that usually tells you about explosion and whether or not they got good get off and and so you slip six two eight sorry to six three. Thirty two so that's kind of how that happens and how you end up With A. Jamari caldwell, But man i'm excited about, you know this guy's incredibly excited about him and how he fits in and how needs CAN meet bpa best, player available, you know and it felt like for these, THREE guys I think i think in the, Third look i'm not gonna, Say that i'm sure that there were some other players that could have had very similar grades as as called well at just some of the GUYS that i was thinking about that that were possible. RIGHT there i was thinking maybe Like A miles frasier Or an mbo or kind of one of those. Interior lignemen but, you know you got, A DETAIL like, i said man got a, d tackle a wide receiver and a running back in the first.
Speaker 1: Three rounds, you, know money it's almost an impossible task to do these. Mock yourrass every front office. Is different everybody has a different way of evaluating some of, these players whether, it's scheme whether it's, you know where, they're projected whether it's need, you know just, an example it's even at the. QUARTERBACK position i mean the leads, TO that i if YOU'RE an nfl fan from like a, general perspective as The Shad or sanders did, get Drafted But dylan, Gabriel Did jalen, Milroe Did tyler, Shuck did and it comes down to the coaches in, the building the scheme and what, they like what, they see and how they feel like that player can fit into their. Locker ROOM and i guess just seeing some of these guys come off, the board maybe earlier or later, than expected it just shows you that all thirty two front offices are so uniquely structured that you have no idea how this this puzzle is going to. Play out you see these analysts who are plugged in. As anybody they don't know what's.
Speaker 2: Going, on, yeah yeah, YOU know. I don't. I don't i feel Bad for shador. KIND of i do think there's a bit of a, you know he made your bed and now you got to lay in. It there but, YOU know i think he's certainly better than a guy that should be drafted in the. Fourth ROUND and i think now it's just really gotten away from him because that's a tough guy to bring in us a backup, his dad and you've got your quarterback and he's not someone that. You're designated he expected to be a top, five pick and now he's coming in and, you're, like no you're the you're. The backup and that's, boyle boy that's that's a, tough one which makes IT really, i mean You Got joe clad up there on the desk FOR the nfl, network saying can he go back? To school is there a? You know after getting.
Speaker 1: On his warrio tweeted. THAT too i guess.
Speaker 2: He, can't no of. COURSE can't, i mean, it's like, you know and remember so many of these guys were lecturing the audience about what a great travesty, this was and, it's, like well the NFL's. Quarterback league they like, the quarterback they're going to take. The quarterback they're concerned about. The quarterback they're not going to take. The quarterback it's not AN anonymous nfl player OR anonymous nfl assistant coach that's going to share a story. That's unflattering it's going to change, their mind and everyone's all of a sudden going to. Take, them sorry my dog's scared the hell out. Of me just stuff their nose in my own didn't know she was. IN here i had the, door closed you KNOW what. I, mean like they're not gonna not. Draft them but that's neither here. NOR there i think to, Your, point chris that is a great point about how unique each of these front OFFICES are i think so much of, it is, you know trying to predict how they're thinking and what kind of runs they're going to. Run into so this goes back to. Last, year right we did this exact exercise. Last year You take Malik na bruce at five and what tackle are you taking at? Thirty seven, You, know suematia you. Know whatever who we're never gonna hear? From again Who the chiefs took in the, second? Round right Instead it's. Alton, mcconki okay You? Take golden what running back?
Speaker 1: YOU?
Speaker 2: Getting? RJ harvey I like harvey. A lot he's Not a Mari. And hampton and, to me if you're talking about it just a straight UP, outside x which is what everyone was trying to sell Us That matthew golden is that he can PLAY. The x don't worry about. The size this is a guy that can play OUTSIDE and i hope and maybe he can and maybe he'll. Thrive there but, to me if you're just talking about a STRAIGHT up, x RECEIVER and I got Hampton And trey Harris. Versus golden and the very next back that was taken was at sixty By.
Speaker 1: THE.
Speaker 2: Broncos, RJ harvey i think is a really. Good, back dude Give me Amari and Hampton And trey harris all, freaking day like all, day long.
Speaker 1: And it's and it's not. Even close i'm so glad you brought that up Because h harris was the third wide receiver off the, board, Today right so the only other receiver taken after the charges Selected was? Golden correct was there another? RECEIVER taken i don't think there's another receiver taken In the in.
Speaker 2: The First, ryeah Jade. No jade in, the second there there was a bit of a run because You Had jayden higgins go To the.
Speaker 1: Higgins burden and then and And. Then harris, so yeah so you you had three wide receivers go In between hampton and where You, Get harris like that's that's exactly to, Your point like you get a guy who's very close to those guys at the top of the second versus losing Out. On hampton, and again we touted this running, back class But but Hampton and jenty have always been in a different class from these. Other guys like maybe you could make the Case of Judkins, or henderson, but uh to Lose that i'd be bummed if they went with a, wide receiver if they Went with golden and you lose out on, an explosive, three down big powerful Back like hanton because you were going To Get trevion. Henderson there you weren't going To get. Judkins There so i'm. With you it's the exact same exercise from last year where you get Mccaukey and olt versus you know Whoever NEIGHBORS and i don't even know who the tackle would have been at thirty fourth.
Speaker 2: Last, year YEAH like, I said i think it Was, like suamatia, You. Know, KINGSLEY yeah i think that's who. It Was and morgan went very. But, whatever yeah that's. The POINT. Like, RJ harvey i, love him one of my absolute favorite players in. The draft he's, five eight two, hundred pounds so there's gonna be some pass pro. Concerns there, you know there's gonna be some concern about size and durability and how many carries can you really. Give him he's not six foot two hundred and twenty. Five pounds that's there's just a huge difference there between the back that. Was taken And again i'm not by no means is this to Be a this is not a slide on the. Other players that's Not what i'm intending to. Do HERE like, I said harvey's one of my favorite GUYS that, i watched and he's anybody that watched running back tape would would tell you the same thing because he's a elect jerker and he's really fun. To watch but He's not he's not A potential nfl rushing, Yards leader and that Is what Amri and. Hampton is he could LEAD the nfl in rushing and no one would. Be surprised that's so you combine that with again you look at all the advanced stats and just kind of the plot that, the charts you KNOW at pff and separation stats and yards per, route run and like they're off. The charts it's a smaller sample size because he got hurt and the games that he was hurt for, where SO like i would just HERE'S what i would say for the people that are really puffing their chest out and throwing a lot of stuff out There About, trey harris just be a little bit careful. With that because he played the first four or five games of, the season which is all those sec cupcakes when they're just freaking routing Teams like Furman, and mercer and then he ends up. Getting hurt after a couple it plays LIKE three sec games and then he misses the meat OF the. Sec SCHEDULE so i do think you need to take some of that. Into consideration when, you're like look at the, you know yards per, route run look at the separate, it's, like yeah let's not forget what the sample. Size is it's like eight games and four of them are the first four games of the season IN the sec and for A league keifvin team.
Speaker 1: No, less Yeah those division two teams are showing Up in week FIVE At. Sofi, stadium yeah let's spin it forward. To tomorrow money one twenty, five overall the twenty third pick in the, FOURTH round, i believe is Where the chargers will start. Their afternoon this is always kind of a craft shoot from four to seven in terms of best player available based on who they've selected and other needs on. This team what are you? Looking at what the potential? Position, GROUPS well i.
Speaker 2: Think corner you know they got two in the fifth. LAST year i. Think corner just because of the, special teams, you know they're gonna need to get some of these guys for For, coach ficken, you know his his special teams got absolutely rated in, The offseason so you're gonna have to replace some of these special, teams stalwarts, you Know Like nick neeman who ended up getting. Signed away so THAT'S that's I Like kobe bryant From. From kansas who else is? Out there i'm? Seeing safeties what do? WE get i Like the Cal Safety. CRAIG woodson i think that's a. POSSIBILITY there i Go. TO edge I think edge is definitely something a lot like Our Friend brett Coleman Loves. BRAYDON swinson i DIDN'T quite i mean he's he's a much more skilled watcher of TAPE than. I am i didn't quite see IT as, i mean he thought he was gonna get drafted and like that he should be drafted in the team's kind. OF stuff i just kind of saw a guy that dropped his head in bull. Rushed PEOPLE but I, Think Edge kyle canard Out Of. South carolina there's there's a lot There at there's there's a player.
Speaker 1: At Edge jack sawyer is still, there, Too Right.
Speaker 2: Jack sawyer is. STILL there i think you're talking about Defensive Tackle. Joshua farmer you know HOW much I Love, ty robinson MY. Guy, jj piggeez may he be there in. THE fourth i don't know if they would take him after already Taken, cald well Just because pigge's is six three, three hundred, but again he's kind of, that athletic. Disruptive interior i'd have to look at what.
Speaker 1: His they should make if they, select him they should have you.
Speaker 2: Call him i'm, telling, YOU, Man.
Speaker 1: Jj we've been talking about You A charger's weekly for. A, Month.
Speaker 2: Pal you're, My, guy dude you are. MY guy i want To. SEE turnett i Can't find these are just a weekly grades to see where he, lined up JUST so i could kind of. See where.
Speaker 1: YEAH that i Just think winston's. Still there swinton's the. Best available edge looks.
Speaker 2: Like so the big ones, For, me like if you're Telling what i'd like, to see you KNOW how i Feel About, jake majors the Center from Texas. BIG fan i think you could probably get him in. The Fifth drew kendall, is someone uh that would make sense Out Of. Boston college just the style of offense that, they play the fact that His dad's drew you know that his dad played IN the nfl for. Thirteen years so you got that. Offensive guard someone we talked. About Yesterday miles fraser is. Still There jackson slater From sack state one of those small school guys. STILL there i love. THE story i, don't know, you know if he would be there with the second to last pick in, the draft But The thomas perry story Out, of middlebury you know that'd be a. Fun one by. All Accounts Our Man duke manyweather says he's as good of a guy that he has, ever coached and just, you know decided to Stay at middlebury AND play d three uh and dominate the competition there the. Whole time so those are are three three GUYS that i would kind of keep an. Eye on and then let's see tight end My guy fannin going To.
Speaker 1: The browns that's another guy.
Speaker 2: SCOOPED it i knew he wasn't gonna last till. THE bat i knew that he was going to have to be a pick at fifty five if they were going to get him LAST until I, LIKE gunner I Like. Mitchell evan's so those are THE two i think those are those are the TWO that i would keep an. EYE on i think you'll probably have to go fourth round for either. Of them uh. WIDE receiver i mean there's still Some Like, Tory Horton, Jalen Royals Isaiah bon if you just want, Pure Speed. Tess johnson if you want someone who's, really small there are very few people that come into The league chris that way LESS than. I Do tess johnson is one. Of them its one hundred fifty four. POUNDS today i stepped on the scale at a wopping one hundred and fifty five point. Eight pounds, SO.
Speaker 1: Yeah I could i could see a run on on these running backs early With With Kip scattabo samson, Still There, jordan James uh touton. Et, n yeah, SO again i think that may, Play it that may play in. Charge's advantage YEAH with i mean you.
Speaker 2: Got talent you, Said it You've got LIKE if i, GO through i am looking at twelve twelve Running, Backs Scataboo, Dylan Sampson, DEVIN Neil, Dj Giddons, Jordan James, Damien, Martinez, Beshall tutin trevor at T End. Brishard smith if you want a, receiving back whatod he marks the same deal out Of, The, Sea, Jarcos Hunter lequin allen like those those those could all go in the fourth ROUND and i, wouldn't, blink, like yeah maybe Not With quinn allen and what, he marks those guys might be more fifth up, at anyway you get the point.
Speaker 1: Blue, Marks yeah i'd like to see what he marks. Get drafted uh in the fourth best player on.
Speaker 2: The, team yeah he was great.
Speaker 1: Last year, Anything, ELSE no i think.
Speaker 2: That's good i'm excited to see how it plays. Out tomorrow they got a bunch of picks in the, sixth round so it's gonna be a lot. OF players i have very little idea of what's, going on just because it's it's hard to get. That deep i'm pretty good through like. Four rounds when you get, Into five i'm Starting to i'm. Not starting i'm, pretty thin and it gets a, little tough and then hopefully you just kind of get a guy that you you watched and and you have an idea or you follow, the story like, you know it's FUNNY that i said, this, Yesterday right it's wild how it all. Comes, Around man like REMEMBER. When cj west was rocketing up into the second round THE the iu, defensive, tackle, like oh you had a great you know, this this, you know and, IT'S like I don't i, don't, KNOW man i don't know if anyone's going to take him in the. Second round there's, YOU know i. Get it, it's exciting you had a great, you know it's tested great and all. Of that but there, he is, You know and that's like he was available To the chargers in the third round and he's, you know that's six, to one three hundred and, twenty stout, you know athletic interior Tackle, and caldwell somebody that nobody was talking about through the. Whole process, they're, like no that's. Our guy and it goes to. Your point every, team's. Different man every team's got their preferences and what they like at. Certain positions and.
Speaker 1: You got scouts banging the table for guys that, you know they've they've probably fell in love with maybe two years ago or a, year ago, and, say hey it's the, sixth round get. My guy it's gonna, work out. You know so that's where there's probably a lot of politics and within the building and, you, KNOW tomorrow i just you think of how these guys are going to impact the, upcoming. Season right, you know we talked about the fifth round The, tar heap still that that that huge Game. In atlanta You Know cam hart uh some punishing hits throughout, the Season Kimani vi dell. WITH that i still remember that his first first Touchdown. GRABBING denver, i mean these are guys who were all Drafted on day three that contributed To the. Charger season so, YOU know i have no doubt they'll probably pluck a guy in the fifth of the sixth who we may be talking about in week seven that that they made a player his number was called because somebody was hurt and and here we.
Speaker 2: Go, AGAIN yeah i mean, not surprising JUST because i want To let greg and everybody get home because, it's late and we're going to get this thing posted like we did, last night so you can all consume it before the start because it starts. Early tomorrow so let's get this thing posted in rolling for people to uh to suck back on A wild. Friday, night man people are gonna get crazy listening And watching chargers weekly here and that's how they spend Their their. Friday night fired, Up, baby yeah. No surprise i'm very very excited about the first. Three picks. Very, excited yeah.
Speaker 1: It's it's a good day to Be a. Chargers fan to get another Weapon for justin and another big defensive Tackle Across jesse. Menzer's, defense monny we will do this. Again tomorrow wrap this. Thing up always appreciate, you, guys, watching listening And consuming. Chargers weekly we'll. See tomorrow