Speaker 1: We got a double dose of Second Date Update, you know, to go with your advilentyland all ye that you're probably taking today. It's Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: Having barbecue chicken for a choice.
Speaker 1: Delicious cold still too. I appreciate that about you, Hey, thank you for being here. I hope you had a great week and we will be back Monday with a brand new Second Date Update. But enjoy some of the classics right now. Some of them you may heard, some you may have not. So let's see it starts now.
Speaker 3: It takes a lot to make me embarrassed. Yeah, because when you grow up with a mom who sends every person you date photos from your actual circumcision, if you develop a pretty hard.
Speaker 1: Emotion that makes sense, that checks out.
Speaker 2: It's harder between the flap and the real one. But look it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a very straight line.
Speaker 3: Am I Right, honey, she showed you guys the pictures. But today we heard something that got me actually read in the face because a very awkward and puzzling fact about one of our listeners gets exposed right here on the show, and it made everybody in the room instantly uncomfortable. Oh now, he swears that it's really common for men to have this, but all the women in the room agreed it was an instant dating deal breaking. Oh yeah, this was to happen, oh a.
Speaker 2: Woman, because I agree.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're gonna hear it in your second date update right after this second date update. You know, we have rules on this show, and people tend to abuse those rules.
Speaker 2: What do you mean.
Speaker 1: I don't really like the rules, but.
Speaker 3: Looking at several individuals in this room specifically, come.
Speaker 1: On, Jeff, don't be such a hall monitor.
Speaker 3: Yeah, screw the FCC whatever. Yeah, but you know, we did get an email for a second date update recently from a guy named Blake, who says, you really should contact me because even though I technically went on two dates, it should only count as one because they were both super short.
Speaker 1: Oh okay dates regular sounds like two bad dates if they're that quick.
Speaker 3: Maybe, Blake, why were your dates so short?
Speaker 4: I mean, okay, so it's not my fault.
Speaker 5: I don't think it's a few different things.
Speaker 2: I don't think, of.
Speaker 4: Course, I mean it could be my fault.
Speaker 5: We just went to two different restaurants, and I researched them and went to ones that were like the highest rated and they really did have.
Speaker 4: Like super super good service.
Speaker 5: But the problem is, and what I don't really want to complain about, you know, but also it just came out too quick, Like we order in boom, food comes out.
Speaker 1: I mean, when you're at a fast food restaurant, that's going to happen.
Speaker 5: We went to a five star pizza place first, and then I just wanted to be casual, you know, but then I ordered out that I ordered the pizza in Boom.
Speaker 6: It was there.
Speaker 3: Oh, let's rewind a little bit before we get into the food and the horribly fast.
Speaker 4: What works.
Speaker 3: What's the name of the girl that you went out with?
Speaker 4: Her name is Kate?
Speaker 1: Okay, we always just guess assume you met her on an app or something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we did.
Speaker 5: We met on a dating app.
Speaker 3: Okay, nice?
Speaker 1: And did she stand out for a particular reason?
Speaker 5: Her profile was kind of like quirky, Like it seemed like she was funny, you know what I mean, And she was really cute and it just seemed like we'd have a lot to talk about.
Speaker 1: Cool.
Speaker 3: So I mean, it's good that you went on two dates with her if they both went by that quickly, like tell us what happened.
Speaker 5: So the first one was the pizza place, and then we went to another like kind of American.
Speaker 4: Like bar food, soul food type of thing.
Speaker 5: So I ordered mac and cheese, and again it came out and like literally and like that's the thing. I feel like such a I don't know. I don't like complaining about the food coming out so quick. But both these places, the.
Speaker 4: Food came out and mac and cheese.
Speaker 5: You don't want to let it get cold and hard, so you know, we were focused on the food.
Speaker 4: Again.
Speaker 2: It was like the one time you wanted the service to be slow.
Speaker 1: But even if it came out fast, like you would parlay that into Oh, I keep want to keep hanging out with you. Let's go get a drink. Yeah. No, I didn't plan before.
Speaker 5: And also I don't want to push it, you know, like I feel like first dates, you just kind of want to go to one spot to feel each other out. You know, it's not like a whole like let's paint the town red thing. It's okay.
Speaker 1: So how is the feeling of each other out?
Speaker 3: How did she feel?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I don't know yet.
Speaker 5: I don't know yet, but no, I mean I think it went really well she's really funny and she's cute, like I said, And I mean, the conversation went seemed to flow, which is another thing. It went so fast. Her conversation was just like effortless.
Speaker 2: You know, Oh that's so good.
Speaker 7: It's like the date can take an hour and you feel like you've talked ye so long.
Speaker 2: It's like, wow, we've covered so many things.
Speaker 5: So it really felt like thirty seconds whenever it took forty five minutes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, can I ask? Because now you have two dates to compare him to, right, like, and obviously she went out on a second date, so the first date full success? Right, was the end of the second date different? Did you get a different vibe than the end of the first date?
Speaker 5: I mean it was a little bit awkward because it felt rush. I didn't know if it was like time should I go in for a kiss yet? So it was kind of more just like a just like a hug and goodbye. But it didn't seem crazy awkward, you know what I mean, Like I don't know if my radar is off, but it seemed like she was into it.
Speaker 3: See this, you.
Speaker 7: Should have just kept ordering food, like, oh, can I got a sandwich?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 2: Can I get this. That way, you're like meal prepping for your whole week, and you get more time.
Speaker 3: You're buying more time, and then you look like a baller signing a two thousand.
Speaker 1: Dollars shit, a competitive eater.
Speaker 3: Like Joey Chestnut over there.
Speaker 5: She might not want to get into a long term relationship with because my blood pressure is going to be so hot.
Speaker 3: Okay, I mean it sounds like the biggest problem for you. What you're saying is that everything went too quickly. You wanted to slow things down for your.
Speaker 5: Dates, right it Well, like I said, it went too quickly. Sometimes you kind of want one of those awkward pauses every once in a while, or something funny and cute to happen so you remember it. But it all just went so smooth, like it went perfectly, Which was.
Speaker 3: That's your problem. Isn't that the service is too fast, the conversation is too good.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: You're traffic in that short of a time.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't know that there's like somebody who's gonna not call someone back because it was too fast, too good. Like that's not this is.
Speaker 7: Gonna sound weird, but I kind of kind of see that because if there's not he said, there's nothing memorable that happened, there's nothing for you to be like, oh that was exciting or.
Speaker 3: That it was just too Yeah. I mean, if we're able to get Kate on the phone and convince her to do a third date, what's going to be your game plan for that to make sure you don't make the same mistakes.
Speaker 5: I was gonna say, I was thinking about a baseball game, but they have new rules in place to speed up the games or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, an hour and a half now, yeah, nice, So.
Speaker 5: They'll try to get me a gift card for the slowest restaurant in sound Yeah, okay, it also.
Speaker 1: Sounds like you talk really fast.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe that's what it is. Okay, I'm excited, you know.
Speaker 2: He's like, okay, so hi, how are you? What's your name? How is your day? What do you do for a living?
Speaker 4: All right, but it's charming and fast, that's what it is.
Speaker 3: I could see. All right, Well, we're gonna try and slow things down here for just a second, and then when we come back, we'll pick things back up. Call Kate for you and try to convince her to go out on a third date, and hopefully much longer than the first two. When we do a second date update, next second date update, two dinner dates, both at record speed.
Speaker 1: I feel like we should play faster music.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm afraid to do that just because of what will happen to Blake's voice. He's a fast talker. But one was pizza, one was mac and cheese, and Blake basically told us that he blinked and the food was suddenly there in front of him, blinked again, the table was busting.
Speaker 7: The date was over y.
Speaker 3: That's why he did two of them. But both times the service was just too quick. And I mean, here's what I think we need to do. We kind of need to game plan as a show before we make this call. I think that we shouldn't say that everything happens so quick when we call Kate, like because she might have a different perspective on it. Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: It's usually not a negative thing, right, Like, if you feel like time passes quickly, it usually means that you had a great experience.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but he did. He didn't say that they ever actually talked about that. That was just his perception that the wait staff moved too quickly, right, fact, so I think we asked her open ended questions. How do you feel about that? Blake?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I want to see what she thought too.
Speaker 5: I don't know if I'm just like looking at it from a one side, like a single faceted for.
Speaker 1: Do you know we never asked you? Are you guys texting or communicating at all?
Speaker 5: H Not really, not as much as I'd like to. I mean, I've reached out to her a couple of times and chook on and just be polite.
Speaker 1: But okay, you're getting cold from her via messages.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so that's why I came to you guys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, Well, let's swoop in like the waiters at those restaurants real quick and just get things going. I'm gonna dial her number right now.
Speaker 1: You're going to have such a hard time not mentioning that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you are the phone better one time.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, thanks for having confidence in me. Here we go. I don't remember right now.
Speaker 8: Hello, Hey is this Kate?
Speaker 4: Yes, it is.
Speaker 3: Hey, Kate. What's up? We're brooking Jeffrey in the Morning, A whole morning show from the radios.
Speaker 9: Here, you're from the radio. I don't know who you are.
Speaker 1: We also do a podcast so that's cool.
Speaker 2: Didn't help.
Speaker 3: We do a segment on our show to help people with their dating lives. It's called Second Date Update, And you're calling me, Well.
Speaker 1: You don't need to help. Someone you went out with needs help.
Speaker 3: Right, you're great at dating. That's what we've heard from one of our Yeah, from one of our listeners, Blake, who met up with you not once but twice.
Speaker 1: Oh gosh, rightsy question. All we want to know is like, how'd you feel about Blake?
Speaker 9: I mean, he was nice, Probably not the person for me, but he seems nice. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, did.
Speaker 2: You like not have fun on the dates?
Speaker 9: Or were okay?
Speaker 3: Nice?
Speaker 1: And okay?
Speaker 2: What'd you say? A little?
Speaker 9: What strange?
Speaker 3: Strange?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we kept talking to Blake and he did not bring up anything strange.
Speaker 3: What did you think about the length of the date? Is it Mama Bear, Papa Bear or baby.
Speaker 1: Bear told you he couldn't. I already ran out of.
Speaker 3: It, blanked out. So where we got? What'd you think Mama Bear, Papa Bear, baby Bear? About the length? Too short? Too long? Just right?
Speaker 9: You're ak? How long the date was?
Speaker 4: Experience?
Speaker 10: Okay?
Speaker 3: These are normal questions that radio hosts always ask it was so awkward sometimes. I mean, I love you, I do. It's endearing. Cake.
Speaker 10: The length of the date was a normal length. I think that's actually.
Speaker 2: A great answer.
Speaker 1: I mean, do you have to tell her why you asked that?
Speaker 3: Okay, well, because the reason that I'm asking is when we spoke to Blake, the impression that he got was that the service was really really good and delivered the food a little bit too quickly for his taste.
Speaker 1: Like he felt like maybe the date was rushed and he couldn't make the connection he wanted to with you.
Speaker 10: Like the service was good, but both times that we ate because we went to dinner both times. Yeah, he ate his meal super super fat.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, did I could see that when we were talking to him. He has a lot of energy.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean, imagine going to dinner with the cookie monster.
Speaker 10: Okay, it's thirty seconds, there's crumbs everywhere, and then they're done, Like.
Speaker 2: How was he even picking anything up with those giant hands?
Speaker 3: And then he tries to teach you about letters afterwards.
Speaker 1: Remember the macaroni and cheese. When we talked to him, he mentioned, like, when you get the macaroni cheese, you got to eat it right away, because if you don't eat it right away, then it's going to be cold. Is that what you're talking about?
Speaker 10: Yeah, he said that he would gag if the temperature of the cheese was like room temperature.
Speaker 6: Gag.
Speaker 1: Not really though, Like he just meant he didn't like it when it was room temperature.
Speaker 10: No, No, he meant he physically couldn't handle it, like he was going to hurl.
Speaker 1: It was a texture thing.
Speaker 3: N How do you feel about that explanation?
Speaker 10: I mean it got worse to be honest with you, Like what really, Well, it started this really odd conversation about textures that he can and can't hand.
Speaker 5: Oh people.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it just got me thinking, like I'm looking at him thinking, okay, let's say we're in a serious relationship.
Speaker 9: Well, what would that be?
Speaker 3: Like, Well, I do think it's good that you are thinking about down the road, a future, possible long term relationship.
Speaker 9: I'm not anymore.
Speaker 1: Through this. Is it just a little speed bumps? Yeah, a possible relationship.
Speaker 3: Popy right over that speed bump and connect you to Blake right now because he's on the other line listening and wants to talk to you.
Speaker 4: I don't think that that's that weird.
Speaker 5: People have textures, people have likes and days.
Speaker 1: Why don't you start with a high coming in?
Speaker 4: Hi?
Speaker 5: I'm sorry we kind of hurt my feelings a little bit.
Speaker 4: I mean people are just let people beat.
Speaker 5: People, you know.
Speaker 4: I mean, why is that? We had a great time of thought?
Speaker 5: The conversations were great. I thinks like we were both kind of into the same stuff just because I eat weird.
Speaker 1: Did she hang up.
Speaker 3: There? Okay?
Speaker 6: No, he was on the phone.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Sorry, that's how these work. Okay, But I'll go ahead and talk to Blake about his aversion to certain food textures.
Speaker 4: I think it's a normal thing. People have preferences.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's a little. Like I said, I'm not trying to be mean. It's just a little high maintenance. But I have to kind of bring up because it's not just the food thing. It's like the other thing that you said that you can't do.
Speaker 5: I don't think that only when you talk about that on the radio.
Speaker 1: What's that, Blake? You can't leave us in the dark on stuff that sounds important.
Speaker 4: I just prefer not to have it out.
Speaker 5: In the open.
Speaker 1: Is it more embarrassing than you not being able to eat like potatoes or something.
Speaker 4: I don't think it's embarrassing. I think it's normal.
Speaker 5: Okay, then it's a more private kind of thing.
Speaker 3: Oh, there's a texture that you can't handle.
Speaker 5: It is the texture that I can't handle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't get it.
Speaker 2: The picture of someone's lips, like you'll never kiss her.
Speaker 3: If it's what I'm thinking that it is. Maybe he's right and we shouldn't talk about this on the radio.
Speaker 1: I don't get it.
Speaker 2: I don't get it either, But he thinks it's normal.
Speaker 1: What do you think that it is? No, Jeffrey, like, are you thinking something dirty?
Speaker 5: It's a little dirty.
Speaker 3: I think there's a part all right?
Speaker 2: Anyway, that's just that's too bad for you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, are we right? Are we in the ballpark?
Speaker 10: I'm just gonna say to me, I know he has a texture issue, but intimacy is important, and I don't know how at home?
Speaker 1: Why waste talking about people time to find a woman to date? Delivering that type of information.
Speaker 5: On the first day that was the second date.
Speaker 1: Okay, you know it's it's like a partnership, you give and you know, right.
Speaker 3: Okay, So maybe Kate's willing to go without that part of the relationship. And Kate, if you are, then we would pay for the third date that you and Blake went on to a place that doesn't serve any cheese whatsoever.
Speaker 1: Kate, are you interested still because I think everybody here is just uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we are.
Speaker 9: I mean, you wouldn't want me to live a life like that, would you know?
Speaker 3: You guys are.
Speaker 1: Something. What I tell my kids with food is that you have.
Speaker 8: Don't don't don't talk about your kids.
Speaker 3: Let's call the therapist before.
Speaker 2: Watch list.
Speaker 3: God, Blake, I am so sorry, but this technically is all your fault and you do have some walk to do on yourself. My friend.
Speaker 4: I'll do my best.
Speaker 8: I'll try, Okay, looking Jeffrey in the morning, this is the one time that I didn't want to do a part three and talk more about something the second date.
Speaker 1: I don't ever want to know how it goes for him either.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I will say after we recorded it, Blake did email the show with five words. Oh, he said I would if I could not.
Speaker 1: Your response, maybe you're just not interested in women.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't think it's not his fault. Did you hear his words? He would if he could.
Speaker 2: It's a thing this man is.
Speaker 3: Just as tortured inside as she is. I feel for him the desire to do something, but the inability writing.
Speaker 1: Down the excuse I would if I could.
Speaker 3: That's a sweet thing to say to someone. Yeah, we do all sorts of stories on this show about tech trends and new inventions. Scientists better be working on this, make a pill for it or something they need to upgrade Blake.
Speaker 1: It's really not a rampant problem. I'm just telling you.
Speaker 3: It is a big problem though for him. He's going to be single for a long long time after this if they don't do something about it. But remember, you can always hear all of our second date updates on our podcast at Brook and Jeffrey. Go check it out. Make sure you follow and subscribe.
Speaker 1: Yes please, Yeah, so you never miss us.
Speaker 3: Texture when you listen is perfect.
Speaker 4: Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 3: If there was a Guinness World Record Book for dating, Alexis would probably be in it for fastest to ask to see a W two forma. Jose would hold the record for longest time spent talking about himself.
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 3: Started and Brooke holds them for most cousin ears nibbled in one.
Speaker 11: Competition her whole family is the competition, but one of our listeners would definitely be in there holding the record for quickest time to ruin a date yo, because he pulled it off in under sixty seconds.
Speaker 2: Whoa wow.
Speaker 3: And it all started when he invited her up and do his apartment at the very start of the night. You're going to hear what happened in your second date update next second date up. Date is something my dad always used to say to me growing up, was you can control all delete a computer virus from an adult Chinese website, but you can't control all delete a bad first impression from an adult date.
Speaker 12: That is, it's wise, I know, for very wise stuff from my father super Man, your dad, Yeah you say that, but those words were ringing in my ear when I read an email from one of our listeners, Kyle, who says he screwed up in the first minute of his date, but things it went a lot better after that.
Speaker 1: Do you screw up in the first minute?
Speaker 3: We're going to find out, Kyle. Welcome to the show.
Speaker 6: Good morning. How's it going guys.
Speaker 2: Okay, you haven't messed this up yet, so congrats.
Speaker 3: Well we're not Yeah, we're not through the full minute judgment and we'll get to your screw up here in just a second. But first, tell us about the person that you went out with. What's their name?
Speaker 6: Her name is Rebecca and we actually met off of a dating app.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, great? What did you like about Rebecca?
Speaker 6: Honestly? I mean, she's beautiful and we really just kind of had a very natural vibright off the beginning, and it was easy, you know, and a lot of a lot of the times it's not easy, and that's usually when it's like, why am I trying?
Speaker 3: Everybody loves easy women. That's great, So that's what I like to hear.
Speaker 1: Jeffrey, he too easy?
Speaker 3: Almost. So what did you and Rebecca do for a date?
Speaker 1: You got to get to the minute of screw up?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: Isn't that where we're at now?
Speaker 3: How does that happen in the first just a minute?
Speaker 6: So the day of our date, my car actually had to be taken to the shop last minute, so Rebecca had offered to pick me up. So she got there, I invited her in, I introduced her to my roommate. Okay, and I should have probably left it at that, but I was one hundred percent honest with her from the beginning and told her that my roommate and I used to date and that we had broke up two weeks ago.
Speaker 1: Two weeks whoa weeks ago? I thought you were going to say, like you were high school, you.
Speaker 7: Were introducing them, I'd be like moved out by then.
Speaker 1: I'm having a panic attack for you.
Speaker 6: I don't know what I Honestly, I don't know what I was thinking in the moment. I really felt like if I'm just kind of honest. Also, this had been a breakup that was like a long time coming.
Speaker 1: So can I ask though, were you still in a one bedroom apartment or you guys are you sleeping in different rooms?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: At this point, like we were pretty much sleeping in different rooms.
Speaker 3: So I think it's a good thing you're that honest. Well, no, you're you're showing Rebecca, like look what I was working with last time. See now you have.
Speaker 1: Don't think anyone's yeah.
Speaker 3: It's like now, look I've moved on to something better.
Speaker 1: You're honest. You were just doing this to make your ex jealous.
Speaker 6: No, actually, I really that was not the case, because I'm the one who wanted to end the relationship.
Speaker 5: So some people like to.
Speaker 2: Rub in their new relationships and other people's faces.
Speaker 3: Though too sounds like an honest mistake that could have happened to anybody. So what did you do for you do? It's so specific?
Speaker 6: I thought it was funny. Clearly no one else in the room thought it was funny. So I nearly just said we're going to be late for the reservation and we laughed.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Wait, did Rebecca not ask any other questions, like in the car when you guys are driving to the restaurant.
Speaker 6: Yeah, she was a little funny about it. She was like, oh, wow, I didn't know you were living with your ex and you never said that.
Speaker 3: And it's not fun.
Speaker 2: That's normal reaction.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's get past let's get past the X slash room made and get to the restaurant. As how that one?
Speaker 1: I don't think I can get past it.
Speaker 6: So so we're driving to the restaurant and it's in an area I'm usually never in, and like, I see this, I see a best boy. So in the moment, I was just like, oh, can we stop here for a few minutes?
Speaker 3: Up another TV?
Speaker 2: There's a CD I want to buy.
Speaker 1: Why would you have a running age with you?
Speaker 6: Well, there's this camera standing there that I wanted to buy for six months and I've never round this best buy. We weren't we weren't actually running late for the reservation. I just wished to, like trying to get out of the awkwardness of the situation.
Speaker 1: So geek squad.
Speaker 3: My ex says that we need to mount the camera next time. So this up.
Speaker 6: It actually ended up being fun. We got to look around, you know, we got a chance to talk about like photography, which is something that we both care about and tell't know why, you know, camera stand they're all different in the nuances. And then we look at you.
Speaker 1: Know, thrilling. I can't believe she's hungry waiting for a dinner reservation.
Speaker 3: At any point do we end up getting to the restaurant or does it?
Speaker 6: Yeah, so then we we leave. You know, at this point, we both were ready for dinner. I based out the reservation and we actually couldn't get in when we get there. So I'm just like, what the hell's going on?
Speaker 2: What happened?
Speaker 1: What happened with the reservation.
Speaker 6: So I guess when I booked the reservation, I had, you know, booked it for a different time, but.
Speaker 1: I thought you said, we're an hour in and it's all bad.
Speaker 3: I disagree, Kyle. I think you're hitting it out of the park with this. Keep going.
Speaker 6: Thank you, Thank you for your encouragement. You know, obviously it was all going downhill at that point. Yeah, like what the flow? You know, we made the best of it. We ended up hanging out at the place next door. We drank a decent amount because we both were just probably trying to get like, you know, John Kep's point and I I can drink a lot. Anyways, she ended up driving me home after dinner. No kiss. Yeah, but I really do want to make up for the first impression. I feel like I really screwed it up, and I that's why I'm trying to get another shot at it.
Speaker 1: Can we tell her, like when we talked to her, do you have plans to move out with the apartment with your.
Speaker 6: Worse Of course, our lease is ending in two more months.
Speaker 1: And I get it, I get it. That's hard.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, good for her for sticking out the entire date. She could have just barreled out of her car while she was driving home.
Speaker 1: I was going to say, leave him a best buy Jeffrey.
Speaker 3: Out, but she didn't, so maybe there's hope here. We're gonna call Rebecca and try and get you your second date update thinks right after this.
Speaker 12: Date if you're just.
Speaker 3: Joining us for the second date update. Really hard to find any red flax file.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't see any.
Speaker 3: Let's just recap his story really quick. He introduced her to his roommate aka ex girlfriend, who he still lives.
Speaker 1: With he broke up with two weeks ago.
Speaker 3: Well, sticky situation in little details. Yeah, and then on the way to the restaurant, they stopped at a Best Buy to pick up a camera stand that he really really needed. They ended up missing their dinner reservation, so to make up for it, hit up a bar where he drank heavily and totally redeemed himself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she had to drive him home.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's such a cute look.
Speaker 3: If anything, maybe there were a couple of hiccups. But Kyle, the good news here is Brooke has dated much much worse.
Speaker 2: We can always rely on that.
Speaker 3: Including the dude in Mexico who actually tried to harvest her kidney after they hooked up. So I'm giving you a fifty to fifty shot here.
Speaker 1: That was kind of sweet of all the kidneys you chose my I mean we didn't ask you have you reached out and apologized to her for what a train wreck your guys' first date was.
Speaker 4: I actually didn't.
Speaker 6: Think it was a train wreck. I you know, I basically reached out and was just like trying to focus on the positive and all the good things that came out of that.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 3: I like that attitude. And Brook is always trying to get men to apologize for everything that they do.
Speaker 1: But it doesn't sound like she responded to him, so.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, that's rude of her. Maybe she should apologize for not responding.
Speaker 1: Jeff apology as.
Speaker 3: Soon as she picks up the phone. Let's what a rude woman? Here we go?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: Hi is this Rebecca?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Hey Rebecca. My name is Jeff from a radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning. Hi Rebecca, Hey have you ever heard of us before?
Speaker 13: That's okay, I think my mom.
Speaker 2: Thanks for lying spurs our feelings.
Speaker 3: Your mom sounds like a good person, because we do. We do something on the show called a second Date Update, and we'd like you to be a part of one right now.
Speaker 6: I what's that?
Speaker 3: It's basically where listeners ask us to reach out to a person they went on a date with recently to try and figure out why a second date hasn't happened yet. Okay, and you went out with a guy named Kyle the other night who's a little curious what's going on?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 1: Oh you're laughing? Is that a good laugh? Or like Kyle should know laugh?
Speaker 13: Did he talk to you already?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, weird a little bit from Kyle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just quick summary.
Speaker 3: Nothing too bad though not in our opinion. Was anything bad in yours?
Speaker 1: Jeffrey's opinion Alexis and I saw a couple of red flags when he was describing the date. I would love to hear your side of the story of the first like thirty minutes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just like give us the start from your eyes.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 13: So yeah, I went to pick him up, and you know, as a normal person, you text me like I'm here and they come out and he was like, oh, come in of like.
Speaker 3: And when you went into his apartment, what'd you think.
Speaker 13: The apartment was fined? But like he was like, oh, this is my roommate, blah bah blah. And then he goes, yeah, like we used to date and and then I find out it broke up like two weeks ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what was going through your head?
Speaker 3: Catch?
Speaker 13: I was just like, never met an ex in the first minute or really at all on a date. And my second thought was, she's really pretty Like is that's what he what he meant when he had car trouble?
Speaker 5: He just wants me to meet his ex?
Speaker 13: Because there were other moments where it was just he just kind of felt like he was posturing or whatever.
Speaker 3: What do you mean what moments?
Speaker 2: Does sound pretty convenient?
Speaker 13: Well, I would say this is my own thing with people pleasing or whatever. I was like, okay, like I can live on from this. So like to get in the car and we're driving, and then you say, oh, can we go to best Buy? And I need to get this camera stand or whatever, and I was like, uh, okay, second thing, that's super weird.
Speaker 2: But will you sound very patient and nice so far?
Speaker 1: Just so you know again, she said it's her people pleasing problem.
Speaker 13: Thank you. It's probably not for the best.
Speaker 1: So what did something weird happen at best Buy? I mean, besides just going there.
Speaker 13: Besides just going there, he takes about an hour looking at camera stands and man explaining to me, and I'm like, I'm not the one buying a camera stand.
Speaker 4: I don't care.
Speaker 3: But if you think about it, that's an hour of free electronic education that he gifted to.
Speaker 1: Your well wanted.
Speaker 3: I don't like that. I don't like the energy that I'm getting in this moment. Let's move on. Tell us about what happened when you and Kyle were over at the bar together.
Speaker 13: Oh so you already know that we didn't even go to the restaurant.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, I mean we're calling that a little hiccup.
Speaker 13: Go ahead, So like a bar nearby, So we just walked over to the bar. He's getting drinks. I don't want to drink that much because obviously I'm driving, and he goes when you know that, like I have a blood condition or I can handle a lot of alcohol. God, And I was like okay, and he takes like six shots and within like thirty.
Speaker 4: Minutes, he's face down on the bar.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I can't believe you drove him home.
Speaker 5: I wish I didn't.
Speaker 13: You're so right, but like so I'm like basicly dragging him back to my car and he's like, you're so pretty. You know that I'm a Navy deal in training, and I'm like, what does this amazing?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's just trying that just even feels like a lie, Like it's.
Speaker 6: Hello, I am a Navy feeling training. What are you talking about? Oh?
Speaker 10: Wait, what the heck?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Rebecca Kylesman on the other line listening this entire time. It was supposed to wait till we called him in, But honestly.
Speaker 13: I feel like this is something you should tell the people right away.
Speaker 1: Yes, you're right, you were just so caught up in the terrible stories that you were sharing.
Speaker 3: I didn't get terrible from anything that She's Kyle. On top of all of his other positive qualities, he wants to surprise her too.
Speaker 1: After hearing all of.
Speaker 6: That, I think it was more positive than negative, To be honest, I did. I think there are a lot of hiccups at the beginning, but I thought it ended on a good note.
Speaker 1: Would you sloppy drunk in her car?
Speaker 4: Le?
Speaker 3: Clearly they're not understanding this. Why don't you man explain all the positive things that happened during the king?
Speaker 6: Well, initially, you know, when we talked about photography and everything, like you seemed really into it. So I thought when we were at Best Buys. You seemed pretty engaged. You laugh. I got a couple of laughs and smiles out of you, and we were there for a while, and I thought that was pretty positive.
Speaker 13: I mean, what was I supposed to say? I feel like it would have been rude for me to be like, well, this is boring, let's go.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I guess that's fair. But I didn't see it that way, and.
Speaker 13: You didn't see anything as rude because you were like, here, pick me up, here, meet my roommate, here, meet my ex here, let's go to Best Buying.
Speaker 5: Here, let's our reservation.
Speaker 3: And that's a lot of things that he did for you. There, What's something that you did for him?
Speaker 4: Kyle?
Speaker 1: Jeff sarcastic right now? I mean that that is all really selfish stuff.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 1: Were you ever thinking of her?
Speaker 6: Yeah? I mean yeah, I told her she was pretty I was thinking about her.
Speaker 13: Are you serious? Like, I think I'm speechless.
Speaker 3: Good work, Kyle. You got a.
Speaker 1: Speechless by that, because Kyle is so clueless.
Speaker 6: Honestly, I disagree with you guys. Like Jess said, I gave her like an hour of education on cameras, and I feel pretty good about that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you have to pay for that most places.
Speaker 1: I mean, Kyle, were you training with to be a Navy seal?
Speaker 6: I'm looking at like YouTube videos?
Speaker 13: You know, Wait a minute, are you kidding me?
Speaker 7: Beyond it's intense training, you can't just learn to hold your breath for two minutes.
Speaker 3: Kyle's gonna prove you wrong on that one.
Speaker 13: Jose does, just like he proved me wrong with his blood condition that he could drink six shots in a row.
Speaker 3: Rebecca, I'm going to ask you a question here, and I really hope that you don't turn down a future Navy seal on a second date that we will pay for. And I promise you that on the date, he'll prove that he can hold his breath for two minutes in the bathtub while's X watching, Yeah, watches classic Navy seal training with that mounted camera that you helped buy. Circle. What do you say, Rebecca? What an opportunity, Rebecca, do the hero a chance?
Speaker 13: It means that is a very enticing offer. But he's proven everything and I never want to see him again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good job for back and finding some boundaries.
Speaker 13: Yeah, oh yeah, I'm sweating bullets over here. I'm about to hang up and just hyper battling.
Speaker 1: Oh, you'll be good.
Speaker 3: You'll be good.
Speaker 1: You're a great sport.
Speaker 2: Everybody understand.
Speaker 1: And I think Kyle, like, once he does some reflection, has learned, will kind of soak in some of this.
Speaker 3: Hopefully when he's taken down the next bin.
Speaker 8: Laden, for sure, you're just a drunk guy trying his way.
Speaker 6: I'm calling you back just so you.
Speaker 3: Know, all right, Well happy, I was coming up. Brooke needs somebody to I'm good.
Speaker 1: Kyle's not my type. Brook and Jeffrey in the morning, and I.
Speaker 3: Was hoping we'd be able to get a second date. So well, just so Kyle could go back to her apartment and gather intelligence behind enemy lines, because that's what a Navy sealed does.
Speaker 1: Oh, I got that very Jeffrey. Jeffrey, people do not always pick up on your sarcasm everywhere.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well that's uh, that's their problem. That's not my fault.
Speaker 12: That was a disaster conversation to go a little whiskey tango, emphasis on the whiskey and terrorist one that round of day.
Speaker 1: No fox trot there, no no.
Speaker 3: But at the very end Kyle did say he would be calling us back.
Speaker 7: At least you can't understand me. Maybe he did anything wrong. He's like, oh, I'll be back.
Speaker 3: Well, I think the missing context of that is I'm definitely going to ruin a future date coming. Sure you saved my email in your contact me up again.
Speaker 1: He's got two months of being in a roomy with his ex, so I think there's gonna be plenty of bad dates in his future.
Speaker 3: Maybe maybe we're going to do an awkward Tuesday to finally kick her out. Oh god, But if you ever need help with your dating life, email the show. We can call that person who isn't calling you back, help you out.
Speaker 1: Jeffrey will stick up for you, no matter how dumb you are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's we guarantee.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm a hero this time than that.
Speaker 5: Moon