Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys blowing out of the backfield, exploding down the sidelines.
Speaker 1: This He's Hanging with the Boys, presented by Wingstuck where Flavor gets its wings. Now your hosts Nate Newton, Kurt Daniels, Jesse Holly, and Shannon Gross.
Speaker 3: Hopefully bang bang bang bang.
Speaker 4: There we go.
Speaker 5: Love at Tostitos Championship flows outside Fort Center at the Star of Frisco, Texas, where it is.
Speaker 4: Forty eight degrees. It feels like forty eight. It's windy. The low is thirty nine degrees.
Speaker 3: That is Shnnon He is Nate. We're out with my boy Kirk. Chris Beam is in the back keeping them see us money, Yeah, come see us. Nick, he got us an open spot. I am Zaddie Holly. Together we make hang it with the boys. The sports talk for hell people us when we speak.
Speaker 4: I only go crazy when we win.
Speaker 6: It's been low key for two weeks and in Miami it's still seventy five degrees.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's it's fair.
Speaker 5: And the show was brought to each and every day by when you stop were Flavorite gets its weies.
Speaker 4: Cook, you need one hundred yards with the touchdown. Take it.
Speaker 3: What the guests are rolling in. It's a big weekend.
Speaker 5: It is a big week So Nate, what's today, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday. We're gonna need a Jimmy story each day the rest of the week.
Speaker 4: So think about it.
Speaker 5: God, Michael, we're gonna need it.
Speaker 6: Okay, destroyed for the day with Michael Irvins and Nate we got this guy in even better, said, yeah, we got this guy coming in. This is what this once coach and Andrew was sadly dismissed, h uh, love you, coach, rest in peace.
Speaker 4: But anyway, he said, we got this guy coming in.
Speaker 6: He said, Uh, he's tough. Nay, he's hard, but he's fair. And I said, well what what what? What is it so much that you so excited? He said, We're gonna get rid of a lot of Sorry, Mike was going off because he ain't like a lot of our teammates and the attitude that they had, and and and just the way when we win or lose a game, how people handled it around him.
Speaker 4: He's like, this man, don't play we lose a game, it's gonna be hell to pay on.
Speaker 6: Mike was excited, not knowing the backstory that Mike had already given coach Johnson a list of guys he needed.
Speaker 4: To cut with.
Speaker 6: As soon as he showed up, he had a list the guys he needed to cut. I'm like, Dan, I'm being I was like, well, damn, Mike, is I wanted. You're like a big fella. I look that for you. You're gonout to get it, but you're gonna have to get in shape. You gotta be in shape. We're gonna run the one tens. I remember running one tens in college and I never passed through tests in college. So I'm like this, dude, f the bringer dude, And he telling mam, I'm gonna be all right. And they got to run one tens, sixteen of them in college. I thought it was twelve, but then the pros is sixteen. So hey, I'm just dreading this day.
Speaker 4: I'm dreading this day, and all I'm thinking about I ain't heard a word.
Speaker 6: Coach said, hello, fellas, this is what I expect. All I can think of was the sixteen one tens. So I done got consumed by right, So here comes the day to run sixteen one tens. About thirty minutes before we getting ready to run sixteen I said, Coach Johnson, look at him.
Speaker 4: I mean, can I I talked to you.
Speaker 6: You've been thinking about this brother for a week, for months from the day he got here. And so I finally talked to Coach Johnson. I said, coach, look at him. I said, man, look at me. I ain't never been able, never will be able to run those sixteen one tens.
Speaker 4: He looked at me, he said, Nate, tell you what. Just don't stop running.
Speaker 6: Excuse me, he said, don't you stop running. Whatever you do, just keep running. He said, I know you may make one or two, but just keep running. I said, yes, sir. And so we're out there. I make one boom, I make two boom, I badly make three. I'm bent over, double over. I look at Coach John's he just he did this.
Speaker 4: Just keep running. So I just kept running.
Speaker 6: And this dude falls out after about eight of them, this running back falls out over there on the side and he's having asthma attack on the bout to have an asthma tack. So it was Jim Meyer, and it was I can't think of Kevin O'Neill and Kevin on this coach, Coach, he's he's down, he's out. We think he's gonna have an asthma attack. Coach Johnson looked at us, he looked at the media. He told coach, y'all, war check, keep keep it going. Get this guy over there on the other field. That's how the asthma feel.
Speaker 4: He said.
Speaker 6: Over on the other field, we are running one tens over here, and by that time I'm.
Speaker 4: Coming down. He looked at me, So I hate the line, turned.
Speaker 6: Right back around, excorted the dude off, never to be seen again. I am he just I just kept.
Speaker 4: Just keep running. So that's our story for today. Yes, that's a good one.
Speaker 3: That's a good way to kick the show off.
Speaker 5: Many asthma feel and we're doing that because Jimmy's getting into the Ring of Honor at the game this weekend.
Speaker 4: Yeah, when I see him say you just keep running, You just kept running. I'm assuming you'll be there this weekend. Oh yeah, I definitely be there.
Speaker 5: A lot of a lot of the lot of the players, Yes, sir, Coach Campo was in here at the previous show, Yes right, yes.
Speaker 4: So a lot of guys.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what he came in to the the AARP show.
Speaker 4: He's the older show, the older demographics.
Speaker 6: Well, he should have been on our show because we had an extra seat, extra loved.
Speaker 3: He'd have loved that show.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I listened to Nick show today, good show. I like. I like that show.
Speaker 3: Our fans, Chris fans like the Cowboys and Cowboys fans Chris is this show usually like that?
Speaker 4: Today was exceptional. Oh my god, they have all quit. They have given up there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they were there.
Speaker 4: It was they're wanting They're one and done.
Speaker 5: And these are like some of the most positive people.
Speaker 4: And Nick was mad.
Speaker 3: He was firing back at her. You know he was he was.
Speaker 6: Going, he was going, and any one so much defending the Cowboys is just defending the attitude that you should not have.
Speaker 4: You know what, I'll take that back the fans.
Speaker 6: This is why I think and Jesse, this is why I like you. If you don't never sugarcoat the obvious. It's all right to be hyped and to be excited about the Dallas Cowboys as a fan, but as media, quit sugar coating a bad situation. And that's where Jesse would be like, Okay, we're gonna give you the lowdown. That's what I'm gonna be like during the week. I'm gonna give you what I see. Now what you get from.
Speaker 4: It is a different thing. No, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 6: I've never no matter how bad it gets, even I won in whatever years I used to always thought we had a way to win. But if you're bad run defensive team, you're a bad run defensive team. If you're not a good player in these certain situations, you're not and you can improve.
Speaker 4: But you are who you are.
Speaker 6: And these people, for the first time I'm listening to Nick shows like, these people are like, we've seen this before, We've been around this before, and.
Speaker 4: They're protecting themselves. They're protecting because the letdown.
Speaker 6: And in his show and in his show today he kind of said, but I've been trying to tell people, it's been thirty years almost since you've been to a super Bowl.
Speaker 4: How do you preach super Bowl.
Speaker 6: To a team that has not sniffed a second round victory. So but you continue to talk this and talk this and talk this, and you tell people how good.
Speaker 4: Your team is, but when can you prove it? Now?
Speaker 6: You have to prove it now that this team will have to prove it to us. But they got to prove it to themselves and in turn we will as fans, be rewarded. But until they get to the second round and win, people gonna people gonna get on that train of win.
Speaker 4: And now thirty years later or almost thirty years.
Speaker 3: Later, when is in w H E N Like, when is it gonna happen?
Speaker 6: Or yeah, when is it gonna happen? Or when are you gonna win a game? W I N a game.
Speaker 4: In the second round, in the second round.
Speaker 6: Until you do that, people don't want to hear it because you have looked.
Speaker 4: This is this is what's hurt. This is what hurts the most.
Speaker 6: You got blew out by Buffalo and you got beat that up close game in Miami. The people are looking, now, okay, if this thing avalanche and you lose to Detroit, Okay, you on the.
Speaker 4: Road, what are you gonna do? Right? What are you gonna do? So fans?
Speaker 6: You got to give the fans the right type of hope, and the right type of hope is this is what you need to do. And it does not help when the forty nine as signed another run stopping defensive lineman, that does not help fans. Look, fans are out there like we are, social media conglomerate.
Speaker 4: The Cowboys are big. You know, I got that.
Speaker 3: I got that off of all that.
Speaker 4: But anyway, yesterday conglomerate today But no, no, I got that off of old James Bond movie. But use it the right way. But any but anyway, when you when you are big like that, our fans, our fans.
Speaker 6: Are big like that X Facebook, Uh, Jesse Holly unfiltered all of these things.
Speaker 4: I got my deal. Everybody got the deal.
Speaker 6: People are looking around and comparing and you, as a media person, I think me, Jesse, you we have a responsibility.
Speaker 4: We all have a different.
Speaker 6: Way we talk our shows in all way we entertain, but you have a responsibility to as a segment. You are right here with the Cowboys. You do not have to per How would I put that? You don't have to stretch nothing. You're right here with the players. You know how they think you. You have better intel than anybody. We are not steven A. We don't have to glamorize nothing. You are right here with the players. You get to see a lot of practices, So give them some type of closeness to the truth. That's the advantage I think we have we as players, we don't have to glamorize anything.
Speaker 4: You don't have to guess. Yeah, we don't have no conversation, you know. Thank you.
Speaker 6: So don't don't get up here and say, well, I think the Cowboys gonna do this?
Speaker 4: You now you know? Now you know I will say this.
Speaker 5: I think we do have to guess today, what the hell.
Speaker 4: Is going on with the roster moves? No, we don't, then tell us tell me I know what they.
Speaker 3: Did, But why you want to tell us? Now you want to?
Speaker 4: Let's take a break.
Speaker 5: That was good stuff, man, I like when they ours to show with that fire.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we did a great story.
Speaker 4: Storyline.
Speaker 7: Fall is here and that means football is back, bringing all the delicious game day foods with it. As you prep for all the big games, tailgates and watch parties, let Yo Kiero be your one stop destination for all things homegating. Yo Kierro's fresh, flavorful, ready to serve guacamole made with real hals avocados will score taste bud touchdowns as you cheer on the Cowboys. Yo Kiro's wide range of mouthwatering and versatile products can be found in your local grocery stores, produce or deli section.
Speaker 8: Grab some today.
Speaker 9: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders, and Cowboy legends. You want to stay at the team hotel, attend the best tailgate party in Texas, tour the Star and talk x's and od's with me Everson Walls. With Star Sports Tours, you can visit Cowboys Travel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 10: Seat Geek has your back no matter what kind of Cowboys fan you are. So whether you're a diehard fan or a dog with a care fan we got them next time fan, or we'll never win again fan here for the tailgate fan or a first one through the gates fan. The seat gig not only makes buying and selling tickets easier than ever before, they made just about everything else easier to So, whether you're a here of your week fan or haven't been here in years fan, Seat Geek has you covered. Download the Sea Geek. After they Seat Geek, you're a ticket the great Dallas Cowboys Seats.
Speaker 11: How's wing Stop sound christy juicy classic wings, made to order, cook to perfection and sauceed.
Speaker 8: Toss in those eleven soul satisfying players.
Speaker 11: Pair with handcut season fried housemade honey mustard, blue cheese or signature wind Stop Ranch and of course spicy Cajun fried corn. I think you've heard enough, Get your flavor delivered at Windstop dot Com.
Speaker 8: Back Hanging with the Bulls.
Speaker 5: Welcome back to the second segment of Hanging with the Boys, brought to you each and every day by blockchain dot Com. Thank you Blockchain dot com. And we have a special guest city.
Speaker 12: Fifth member of the show.
Speaker 4: I mean, yeah, you are Kurt.
Speaker 12: When Kurt decides to play hooky man, you are.
Speaker 5: You're in You just gotta get who texted you today?
Speaker 12: Beams said, they're talking. They're talking to Sag and get in here.
Speaker 3: That's the way to get him down here real quick.
Speaker 4: That's the way to get him down here.
Speaker 6: But we know to get Patrick down here. How I did try to just say we talking smack about.
Speaker 4: Himyah, Finally he'll run down here. And Hart looking at Jesse locked in on Jess.
Speaker 3: With his notes and in his formula because y'all know, y'all know how he gets stopped. Stop.
Speaker 4: Welcome to the show, Nick, even what's UPO y'all?
Speaker 12: Are y'all being nice? Or I have to ready go?
Speaker 4: Yeah? We were ready, we were. Let's we'll get to that in a second.
Speaker 5: Tell us about the roster move, Jess, and then you and Nick can discuss them.
Speaker 4: And I want to know what the hell is going on? I know what they did, but what's going on? Why are they doing this?
Speaker 3: Well that to me, it looks like the Cowboys understand that in order for them to win games, we have we have a much greater need at protecting our quarterback and having some protection in the offensive line than we do at line.
Speaker 4: What what was the move today?
Speaker 3: So today the Cowboys the practice window had opened up for well, let's go and he's twenty one day practice window and it's near and closing time. So you got to make a decision. Either he's gonna stay on are for the rest of the year and he's done, or you elevate him to the roster. Well, when that happens, he don't have a roster spot. So somebody got to come up off a roster spot. And they decided to release linebacker Rashaan evans Uh in place of having Matt wilesco having that roster spot. Now the game is, this is the game within the game. You your hope is that the remaining teams that are looking at Rashaan Evans are saying, because teams, teams that are out of it right, that are mathematically eliminated, who don't have hope in the future, they ain't trying to sign guys. They're they're now trying to look at how can we maintain or gain draft status? Right, can we can we lose some more games to get a higher draft pick to help us in the future.
Speaker 12: May maybe trying to sign guys, but like poach someone's practice some younger guys they can kind of.
Speaker 3: Have for the future, right for future contracts. And then now it's the it's the it's the teams that kind of have a little bit of hope that are going to the playoffs and saying, Okay, maybe we need, maybe we don't need. And the hope is that he passes through waivers and now you're able to sign him back to your practice squad. And we've been discussing off air, and you said you've already checked on it because he's had already. Rashan Evers has already done his three elevations from the practice squad.
Speaker 4: Now elevation from practice squad to the.
Speaker 6: Active roster you get three to that going through the waiver without going.
Speaker 3: Through the waivers. So now we're trying to figure out is there a level of does the act elevations reset after he gets cut, he gets cut his waivers and he comes back.
Speaker 12: I asked this question about I forgot which player it was that they did it three times too, and it was told, no, he does not reset, because you could just do that all day long. Because the advantage is is that you don't like, like, who's the running Melik Davis, Milik Davis, Like you bring Milik Davis up. A lot of people said why not bring why not just make deuce Vant active if he's on your team, but he doesn't. He doesn't count because you got to have so many inactive players. So it makes sense to bring the practice squad guy up because you have an elevation. That's part of the rules. But I don't think you can just keep cutting a player, resetting him and then started over again. I mean that would be manipulating the rules. I don't think you can do that. I did ask. I forgot which player it was.
Speaker 3: And when you look at it, honestly, like they they haven't really used Evans, right, Like, whether you believe he should be used or he hasn't been, he hasn't been used. He's here for depth and this is the one position that you don't have much depth. But they probably believe, Hey, if push comes to shove, we'll sign another guy off the street and get he's given us the same productivity that Rashaan Evans has given us. You know, Hell, Rolando McLean's out there.
Speaker 12: You know, I'm just saying, that's okay, I got the answer.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's go.
Speaker 12: No, he does not have any more elevations until the playoffs. Ah all right, I did the same thing. Ah Like, okay, So that makes a little bit more sense of why you would do that and why you could possibly bring him back is to reset it at And that's maybe why they cut him, you know, I mean, now he was on the team. I guess they needed well, let's go.
Speaker 3: I don't know, but that also speaks to the to the to the same tone of okay, you bringing in Matt Olesko, who is an offensive tackle. Yes, what does that tell you about your confidence?
Speaker 4: And Tyron's back right? Well, I don't know.
Speaker 12: I'm not the offensive lineman here, but if if lets go has to come in and play, I mean for tiring, I mean, you're probably priority in trouble, right. Is he better than awesome?
Speaker 4: Your dagah awesome?
Speaker 12: I think if Hayden Hutchings Ayden Hutchinson lines up on the outside, though, I would go with the technique of blocking him like instead of like, hey, you're the best rusher, We're not going to block you and see what you can do. You know, this isn't what was going on with which.
Speaker 3: By the way, we haven't gotten into the defense of the Detroit Lions and the Cowboys offense. I'm not as big on Aiden Hutches as others are. I think I think he's a decent player, but I'm not like when you play against it like he Aiden Hutchins, those Michigan Gus Aiden Hutches, he Huncherson, He he doesn't put fear in my heart like the other.
Speaker 4: Pass rushers like he did last year. Last year he was off the map.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think that was kind of just him, and now he has film and people are figuring him out a little bit.
Speaker 4: But he's still an all day pressure gay.
Speaker 3: He's an energy guy. He's an energy and a forgot.
Speaker 4: What happened there?
Speaker 3: If I'm out there.
Speaker 6: But you understand is they coach vic confused our tackles where he put a guy in the in the in that gap between the guard and center, and he will fake him in and out of there. And at the last moment he was time to snap perfect, but he would be five yard back. If he's five yards back, you stay on your guy. Your running back still got a chance. Are your quarterbacks still got a chance to read the hot now?
Speaker 4: If he's in.
Speaker 6: The line, in the line on the snap, then you gotta come down as a tackle and squeeze that, you know, and now your quarterback still has to say hot with your receiver. Are the back can do the best he can, But you can't be in limbo where you miss both guys and this big old guy running free because your back don't know what to do. Now in your quarterback like, oh my god, what's happening? So you you messed it up? Another blueprint for coach van Ziel is it big yeah.
Speaker 12: So can Dan Quinn do that move where he gets Parsons free?
Speaker 4: What we have to do?
Speaker 3: People only looks at people from the offensive line and go, oh, there's number eleven. We're gonna block him.
Speaker 12: Block him.
Speaker 3: We'll take our chances with the rest of the guys, but we know number eleven we're gonna put a hand on him.
Speaker 4: As The answer is simply this.
Speaker 6: If you want to free big fella, if you want to free number eleven, you're gonna have to get a five man rush.
Speaker 4: You're gonna you.
Speaker 6: When remember the Super Bowl and Aaron Donald, They was like, where's Aaron Donald. Oh, in the first half they was turning protection to him. Uh, just just double trip or team. But in the third and fourth quarter they say, you know what, we just go on a five man line. Were putting there. We're gonna cover every guy on the offensive line. Let's see what you do with I know what, our big stud At some point they have to have a five man rush. You already single high, you're already playing man the man. Put the extra lineman up there, and let's see what you can do.
Speaker 12: And I think the corners are good enough to do that, or like hold for a little bit. Yes, that's what it comes down to, right.
Speaker 6: Why wouldn't you do that because it seems like you can't do it every snap, but you can do it enough to uh to to free him up.
Speaker 12: Why couldn't you do it every stamp? I mean, what would they just hot route you?
Speaker 4: Or what the thing about it? You know, first and ten, second and five you may want to run and we ain't.
Speaker 6: I mean, we have had the one game where we've had the one game where we did well last week, but you get some games where we haven't done well versus that little man.
Speaker 3: Because that's the one thing that you when you start talking about five man rushes, right, that's that's basically you're saying you're five for out five, that's right, right. And then now that then lens that if one of these guys don't get home and that running back gets through, you know what I'm saying, you know, but because because.
Speaker 12: Then Clark will get him, Clark might be getting blocked.
Speaker 3: He might he might run in the back of somebody else, and you know what I'm saying. Like, so that's the thing it's like when you start adding when you start adding that fifth man to the count, because all office a lineman going to do when you see, okay, let's let's kind of go to this thing. Let's kind of walk to the fans through this before that gets to the here we go. He comes to the line of scrimmage and he says fifty five the mic, yes, right.
Speaker 4: And what does that mean?
Speaker 3: You give me?
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, We're.
Speaker 3: Gonna get there.
Speaker 4: He's just being a fan. He's just being a fan. We gonna get this. I'm trying to learn.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that comes and he goes fifty five. The mic four down linemen. The offensive lineman go, we got these four And when that goes fifty five to mic sixty two is the mic fifty whoever he IDs as the mic that is the fifth guy. And that's what we got. So now that's who the offensive line has. If he inserts himself, they sort that out between those five. They pointing around it, they doing this and that, Hey you hitting, yeah, hitting legs and all that. They going, you got here, so they know if he comes, I got him. If he doesn't come, now you'll see.
Speaker 12: That you're the worst.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, God, I'm just I'm just If he doesn't insert himself into the line of scrimmage. Now it's when you see that offensive lineman go and look for work, right, he'll go and hit somebody else. He'll go find some other work. When you now add that fifth guy into the box, you now have to have two receivers two depending on what they are as hard as formation, so two or three DB's and that now that leaves two safeties and one linebacker. And now you always say you'll hear a running back coach say, all right, listen, they got these guys. You gotta make him miss. This is your guy. So now if the running back gets through there, and that linebacker isn't a short tackler, because remember the dbs and the safety, they're playing man coverage, so there are backs are turned and they're going down the football field. You make that linebacker miss. This is why you can't do it all the time, because you make him miss. Their backs are turning, they're on the outside, and you're talking about a guy like Jamiir Gibbs or Montgomery. They get to the second level that and Clark or j Roon or Bell or one of those guys, they don't make that tackle, he're gonna hit his head on the gold part. So This is why you got to mix it up a little bit because and that's the breakdown of why you see and that when you start putting on all that kind of nonsense makes sense.
Speaker 6: And what kills you is if they got that them five guys and they say, you know what, forget the linebacker and they bring in a down lineman and that that's where it can get ugly. That's where I left tackle. If it's not Tyron Smith can get exposed. And that's where our center will definitely get exposed because they have two big old Matt's number number ninety six, Isaiah Bugs that's a big old man, you know, and Benito Jones. Those are big old men with big old butts and they love to get their hands inside and just pressed.
Speaker 3: We call those the shun and grow specials.
Speaker 6: Yes, black men, you gotta wonder, I'm just gonna yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So the thing, the thing that's amazing about this, since we were talking about their defense, they only give up three point seven yard as a rush. The inside of the defense is strong. They got just good run stopping guys. The guy that Jesse said that he's not how on, he's a motor guy. He plays his gaps.
Speaker 12: Uh bugs cool Alabama such you know, I don't know.
Speaker 4: He's a free agent for San Francisco. I remember, yeah, he's a free agent for San Francisco. I think the.
Speaker 6: Thing that makes this the thing that makes Detroit special. They only have ten interceptions, they only have six fumble recoveries. What makes them special's third downs. They get off the field thirty seven percent. They are only they're giving up thirty seven out of one hundred and seventy five third downs, they have only given up sixty six. These people do not play on third downs. What that tells me is they will put you behind the chains. One way or another. They will put you behind the chains and they can get off the interceptions.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I think, I think God, because they got three last week against.
Speaker 4: I think, yeah, look it up.
Speaker 12: Yeah that's not wrong.
Speaker 6: Gave him a lot of guess Yeah, yeah, I could be wrong, but uh, they're only giving up twenty three points a game. They they're good, man, They they they are. They are they just like they coach. They're tough. Dan Campbell wasn't over talented. This team is not over talented. But they play there. They played their their gaps. They're they're they're disciplining what they do. Uh, they got a nice safety and uh Kirby Joseph and number six, Uh, I can't pronounce his name.
Speaker 3: Yeah in fund in fund New.
Speaker 4: They tackle pretty well.
Speaker 6: They do tackle with and they'll come down in the box and they won't show up in the box early.
Speaker 12: It'll be like your boy, I have said a couple of Well, I have to ask. I'm sure a lot of people ask this about the Cowboys and the Cardinals. I mean, how did the Bears kick their ass like two weeks ago?
Speaker 4: That is those are the games that we sit up and say, wow, how did that?
Speaker 12: And it happens to every team.
Speaker 4: It happens every team.
Speaker 3: Arizona kick our Bucks's.
Speaker 6: Yeah, week fourteen, the Bears got them twenty eight, thirteen and week fourteen. But there are other losses against green Bay there Nemesis twenty two, that's in week twelve, and the other loss two losses against decent teams the Seahawks and.
Speaker 4: Boy Baltimore beat down. You know.
Speaker 3: But but here's the thing about to answer your question, bugs went to community college then went to Alabama.
Speaker 5: Yes, from my neck of the woods rustin Louisiana, Isy.
Speaker 3: How about that country boy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, country, do you think you moved around seventeen times? Maybe?
Speaker 3: Bus But here here's when you look at When you look at the Chicago game and other games like that, the one area that they struggle in is with with with Aaron Glenn, who is their defensive coordinator. One of the things that they like to do is they play like the Cowboys. They play a lot of single high safety man the man. They'll play some cover six that means two on one side, four on the other side. They try to do because they'll have this they'll have number six down in the box and they'll try to invert him back. They try to play these games pre and post snaps. The problem is is that their communication are at times are off. When you start giving them three receiver looks, four receiver looks and you start to kind of interchange and cross, they start letting guys go free. And you saw a lot of that in the Chicago game. You show a lot of that in the Minnesota game, where guys are running open because they're in there in their in their coverage and their post snap shifting to their next coverage. Guys aren't communicating the next move properly and when you're talking about playing single high or man the man, those type of situations, Well, I'm already up close. So if I'm off, I'm leaving a guy wide open. And Nick Mullins was able to find guys last week, and that's what happened in that Chicago game. They let a lot of people run free. The middle of the field is available because that safety is getting the hell out of there. He understands I'm the last resort. I'm the deepest of the deepest, and so that middle of the field is open, and they're letting guys run free. And when you have a guy like a Fields, it's our lie to what Lamar Jackson is. You have to play defense twice, right, You got to play the initial hunt defense and then with their scrambling ability, you have to play defense again. And so with teams like that, because they're another team, this goes back to what you mentioned earlier, inserting that fifth guy. They bring linebackers, they bring safeties, so when those guys either don't get home or get blocked, the defenders on the back end are anticipating something that happened up front. And when you have a scrambling quarterback like justin fields and Lamar Jackson, who can see that blitz coming, See it coming from the left, see it opening on the right. Get through there. It's open space. And now when the other defenders are coming up, they're throwing balls behind them, and that's how it can get confusing for this defense. But they want to they want to hurry you. It's everybody on this. This must be a prerequisite for playing defense or playing football on the defense side. For Dan Campbell, you will be physical, you will have effort, and you will tackle. You will tackle these guys from safety to corner, to linebacker to defensive ends and tackles. Everybody gets to the football and they tackle with the level of aggression. But they do let a lot of guys run free.
Speaker 4: All right, let's take our last break.
Speaker 5: When we come back, Neui will show up new he'll be here in minutes pointing at the clock. Right, so, but anyway, we'll be right back with more football. And why is Nick so angry on hanging with the boys?
Speaker 4: Storyline?
Speaker 13: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they snapped.
Speaker 3: The fresh guy who looks right, it's not there.
Speaker 8: He escaped flat.
Speaker 4: He'll look for a first down.
Speaker 13: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With Blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 10: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 13: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 4: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 13: Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 11: How's wing Stop sound christy juicy classic wings, made to order, cook to perfection and sauceed tossed and those eleven soul satisfying playlist paired with handcut seasoned fries, housemade honey mustard blue cheese or signature Windstop branch of course spicy Cajun fried.
Speaker 8: Of course, I think you've heard enough. Get your flavored delivered at Wingstop dot Com.
Speaker 10: Seat Geek has your back no matter what kind of Cowboys fan you are, So whether you're a diehard fan or a don't really care fan, we got them next time fan or we'll never win again fan. Here for the tailgate fan or a first one through the gates fan. The seat gieg not only makes buying and selling tickets easier than ever before, they made just about everything else easier to So whether you're a here of you, weak fan or haven't been here in years fan, seat geek has you covered? Download the sea Geek after the seat Geek, you're a ticket the great Dallas Cowboys seats.
Speaker 2: James right here, you're a twenty twenty two Dallas Cowboys Fan of the Year. Do you know how much I love my Cowboys? And I am thrilled to be talking to you about the twenty twenty three Fan of the Year Award, presented by Captain Morgan. We're looking for the ultimate Cowboys fan to spice up the game. That means you eat, sleep, and breathe the Dallas Cowboys. If that's you, or if you know someone like me, then go to Dallascowboys dot com slash Fan of the Year and you could win tickets to Super Bowl fifty eight and so much more.
Speaker 8: Enter today, back Hanging with the Bulls.
Speaker 5: Welcome back to the third and final segment of Hanging with the Boys, brought to each and every day by Jigsaw, the official dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys. So Nick, we were talking right before you got here. You had a little little fire and a little you had a fire in your belly. Today you're a little aggressive with your callers or you fed up with our fan base?
Speaker 12: What's going on here?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 4: Jesse hit the thing with something.
Speaker 12: I was not fed up.
Speaker 3: Before you get into this. Let me ask a question when you get into your fired up mode. You don't have to say it on this show, but what's your go to cuss or.
Speaker 12: You act like there's one?
Speaker 3: What's your combinations?
Speaker 4: It's it's fine. Chris's kids are back there, but they have heads.
Speaker 12: I'm good. They're all on the table.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry the situation.
Speaker 12: They're all on the table. I mean, I'm sorry, I'm not and it's not good because I have a three year old.
Speaker 5: That you know, you know, you know how you know Nick's mad, he gets real antsy and you will grab his mouth.
Speaker 8: He'll go, you know.
Speaker 5: What, don't know what that's you know, that's that's nuclear mode, you know what?
Speaker 12: And when the callers are going like they were today and I'm just like.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and your face he kind of read right now, just thinking about it.
Speaker 4: What got you going today? Yeah? Because I listened to the show. I tried to call in, but yeah, I would have appreciated that I was going to light it up.
Speaker 12: I was just gonna say, here's here's what I always say, though too, like, my opinion is not I mean your opinion when the caller comes in, your opinion is not wrong. Your opinion is your opinion. So I'm not here to argue with you. But the one that that's got me a few times, it's like the DAK looks like he has a deer in headlights or they don't have the game face on, and I'm like, what the hell is a game face? And how would you know when you're out of the country or when you're in Seattle and you're watching it on TV. I mean, other than the defensive tackle that went up against you, he could maybe see what your game face is. But game face is so stupid. I mean, Eli Manning is about to go in the Hall of Fame and he had the dumbest looking face of all time. But I mean, who cares.
Speaker 5: Well, your game face during the game is going to be the narrative they're telling you on TV, and that's when they're going to show your face.
Speaker 4: If you're sad that with the sad narrative, if you're fired up, they won't you know, you're right.
Speaker 12: So I don't understand that. I you know, whatever it is, I think that the Cowboy, I mean, I don't think they lost because they don't have right face. I think they you know, the face mask. I mean maybe demo, but I mean, but yeah, and so it's just another thing too, is what's.
Speaker 3: Your game face?
Speaker 12: What we're playing?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 3: This is it right here?
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 6: He didn't say, oh faces. I just want to say, damone Clark, damone Clark. Three weeks in a row, my friend, your name has not come up in great things. Change the narrative, please him? Man fifty four. Yeah, their names are not coming up in the right ways. Change the narrative.
Speaker 4: At some point in.
Speaker 3: Time, we have to start this believing, believing what's out there right, Like we can, we can, we can make up all these different things. But at some point in time you got to just go, well, well, that's who that's that's who it is, that's that's who they are. Like you gotta just start believe that at some point in time.
Speaker 12: I don't know if I have a great confidence. I mean I said, I don't have great conference that they are going to go to the Super Bowl. I've never seen that, and I've been here a long time since my twenty fifth season. I've never seen that happen. So I don't have the confidence of that. And now they gotta beat San Francisco and they're not better than San Francisco, so that seems like a problem. But I do think they're good enough to get in the tournament, get it. I mean they're in to get in there. Play well. We talked about moral victories came up today. Am I a believer of it? Oh? That was on the radio and the fan they asked me about it. I was like, yeah, Nate's probably listening. But I don't view that the moral victories are certainly done. I mean, you're done with that, because the Philly one sort of was and they won five in a row. They took good things from it, but I don't know what you take from this, Like, at some point the moral victory has to lead you to real victories. And so you are going to enter the playoffs without a signature road wind, you will not have one and you won't have a winning record. They have to figure out themselves how to get enough confidence. And they did it last year in Tampa. They limped into the playoffs and they destroyed Tampa. But the confidence, I don't have a lot of confidence and the fans are wavering. But does Mike have the ability to get them confident? And that's what you guys as players, you've been in some two three game losing streaks. How do you turn it around? How do you prove? How did you beat Philly after you lost with eleven sacks? Sorry but eleven sack game in nineteen ninety one, twenty four to nothing? Yeah, okay, but y'all came back and you beat Philly the next later that season. I mean, obviously it was talked about, written about all week long. You did something to get that and say that was not us. We can do it this time.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Along with the great coaching and players believe in and trying to execute, we just turned the execution around. Uh that that that two point one released that Tua had I quarterback, had that same release, you know, but he had more incompletions than what had.
Speaker 12: Tyre kill either. I mean, I'm sorry, Kelvin Martin wouldn't exactly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but he broke that game over. He didn't want to.
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, eighty fie.
Speaker 6: The thing is, we were up and coming, kind of like Dan, We'll see you're up and coming, and all you need is just that one play. But you got to believe that you can make that play. This team has not made that play this year, you know, I said yesterday, and I said again, all with everything that happened, with three minutes and twenty seven seconds left in the game, you were winning. That was the chance for somebody on the defense to make that play, and no one.
Speaker 4: Made that play. Somebody got to make that play. Yeah.
Speaker 12: They asked me a social media group ask me who's the player of the game. It was three minutes ago. They just took the lead. They only do it on the wins, so it hadn't come up until right then. Like, who's gonna be a player of the game? And I said, Michael Michae Was he done? I was like, if they're not gonna win unless he does what he did against Seattle, that's right close the door. They're gonna only win this game if he does that. Yes, they're not, and he will be player of the game if they win. And they didn't because he did. I mean, you know, he didn't make that play, but but you're right, I mean, it really hasn't happened, and there hadn't been a lot of games like that. Gilmore did it against the Chargers with that interception that Michah made me. Yeah, so Mike I didn't even think about that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he made like Michah closed the door and he just and he got a pressure for that next fast to be sure he did. You you have to and and and that's what you fight in these games, especially especially on the road. You fight in these games because number one, you're saying your quarterback, we can give him that ball on the last series. We've seen the serial killer do it for Evan Elvin green Bay. You know, we've seen that guy do it every year that he played in green Bay. Three minutes was three minutes too long.
Speaker 4: We gave it. We gave it to Dak. No, we gave it to Dak. We gave it to him too early. If we could have gave it to.
Speaker 6: Him with those three minutes and twenty seven seconds us down by one point.
Speaker 3: But see that goes into the too the next narrative that we have to have at times because when you're looking at. I remember, I remember when I left Dallas and I ended up in New England. And in the process of what we were doing in the ausuite, we were watching film. They were breaking out film. And it was that year that we played up in New England and we scored, but we left a little bit too much time off on the clock, and then Tampa went excuse me, not Tampa, but Tom Brady went down Aaron Hernandez back in the end zone. Remember he opened the safe, takes the money out kind of you know, it does that thing. It does. No, he does that. And I'm sitting in there and I'm watching from now the Patriots perspective, and they're talking about how two series before they actually got the ball back, they were planning for the to get the ball back, and they were saying, all right, this is how we're gonna break down. If they do this, we do this, and then they get the ball back to us, we're gonna we're gonna go down there and score and leave them no time left.
Speaker 12: You think about the Patriots in twenty eleven game, Yes, yes, you know what I want to add to that, but I don't want to cut you off.
Speaker 3: Sorry, and so, but I'm sitting there and I'm watching them call play like I'm watching again from the Patriots side, knowing what we was taught and told. On the Dallas side, I'm watching them walk through this and break this stuff down. And I'm like, and then I go and I say, when Dallas they're the details, when they get the ball right, their only thought process, we have to score. We have to score now, instead of being methodical in how they do it, chewing some clock up, eating some clock.
Speaker 4: We're going to score. It is just when do we want.
Speaker 3: When do we want to score? Let's not leave them a whole bunch of time, right, And then what happens. Miami gets the ball back three twenty seven and they said, we're going to score and leave no time on the clock, and leave no time on the clock. And so it's those small things that has been a narrative for Mike McCarry. It's been when it comes to the details of things, can you do it when you're supposed to do it? And it's cost the Cowboys.
Speaker 12: And then we add to that story and Scandrick, you know whatever, he might be salty about this, but he's always salty. Standards after the game, Scandrick's job is a slot corner, go up against Wes Welker. That's the game, like all week long, Scandric versus west Walker. And after that drive the game was over. And Scandrick, he's pretty proud of himself. He said, what, what did Welker have? Six catches forty five yards? Yeah, yeah, Scandrick, four for forty on that last drive. Hey, you had him at two for ten or whatever. And on that last drive that you said, they were plotting the whole game. Welcome for nine, Welcome for twelve, Welcome for let you know, so it's like, you know, it's like a Steph Curry said, only missed four shots. Yeah, they're all in overtime.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we were going up to play the forty nine ers in that game the Mud Bowl or whatever too.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: And and Jimmy just told us fellas that no mistakes, we can beat this team. Nobody had us. You know, that's Chris Burman's team, forty nine us. And so the rest of the media plaine with him the snow Way to Cowboys a year and Jimmy like, we got these guys, just don't make that mistake. We gonna make the play at the end to win the game.
Speaker 4: Alvin, get over here.
Speaker 8: I got the route.
Speaker 4: Get over here. Alvin looked back.
Speaker 6: Okay, he looks, you know, Troy looked.
Speaker 12: I never understood that. Did Michael not think that The reason why that he was always doubled on this is because it was Michael Irvin, not because it was the route.
Speaker 6: The thing about it, he figured he figured with the look the formation, that they wouldn't be able to do it. But he on the estrumated coach Sefferts and how smart his staff was.
Speaker 12: Hey, I've been a fan for forty something years, forty five years. I can remember alolutely my favorite play in the history of the Dallas Cowboys is that one. Yeah, or Alvin Harper seventy yards slant wasn't even a touchdown.
Speaker 4: No, that that is.
Speaker 12: The most memorable play for me. It was like because it was all there the crowd, here come the Niners, here they come. Are they gonna be are they gonna run the ball? They could be conservative and they threw a slant.
Speaker 4: You know, and you know what made me? You know what? And you know what I remember? You know what I remember? And this is how I know you.
Speaker 6: Can help your teammates. When Troy said, fellas, fellas, I need y'all. I need y'all to hold in there. I need for y'all to hold in there. You you can talk to your teammates when you have a Sam Williams, you can talk.
Speaker 4: To the guys.
Speaker 3: See the one thing and then we'll get out of here on this the one thing that I or will we.
Speaker 5: You know, when Barry Church shows up on time and early, he expects the show before him just to stop and everybody can wait.
Speaker 8: He's usual.
Speaker 12: You just said three minutes was an eternity for two to go down the field. They do that come back to the times.
Speaker 3: When you talk about your teams and you talk about today's level of football and football players. There is a level of accountability that when you talk about Michael Irvin and Andrew Smith and tradgement that I don't know that it's held to the same level of standards here. And it's not just the Cowboys. I'm speaking around around the league. Just the way players have changed, right Like there is more of a it's about me and what I want to do and how I want to get off than it is about what can I put off what can I do for the lead of I know what I can do for the we of the group, And there's a being a level of sacrifice. And I think you guys kind of understood that, right you talking about Michael Irvin came in and said, hey, coach tingo a list of God that should no longer be on this football team, right And Jimmy said okay.
Speaker 12: And Jimmy never said, but what's his cap number?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 6: Care?
Speaker 12: Now get out here.
Speaker 3: And that's that's part of the dynamic that I think a lot of times are missing where the whole of the team it can be. It can be, it can be brought down by a guy or two guys who are like, I'm gonna do my own thing. I'm gonna do it this way, and I ain't really giving up what I need to give up for the for the better mind of the group. And I think that's gonna ultimately be the demise of the Cowboys this year.
Speaker 4: Good stuff fellas, Jesse, Thank you, Nate, Thanks Nick.
Speaker 5: You always have a seat at the table when there's an open chair, and if you want to stand, we can pull out the extra Mike, Chris, thanks for keeping us over.
Speaker 4: Their do it. No, I can't let you do.
Speaker 5: That's keeping Chris company. What's my man's name, Josh storyline, Uh Barry Sorr. Y'all had to wait today. We actually went over for one.
Speaker 3: We got one of the bosses in here. I'm not worried about the.
Speaker 5: Same time, same place, Cowboys defense, uh Detroit's offense.
Speaker 12: We out to say bye.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.