Speaker 1: This is the Ben and Ashley I Almost Famous podcast with iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: It's Almost Famous podcast. We are here today with a very special guest. We thought, Hey, they're great at entertaining us. They were entertaining on last night's episode of The Golden Bachelorette, and so why not bring in a current Chippendale. Ryan, Welcome to Almost Famous podcast.
Speaker 3: Hey man, happy to be here.
Speaker 2: Ryan. So many questions for you, but let's start with talking about this show. The show in general. It feels like a new kind of theme of the Bachelor franchise where they're bringing in, uh Chippendale to teach men how to dance. How do you hear about the call? And why do you agree to come on to this crazy show.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we've been developing a relationship with the Golden Bachelor that throughout this year that we've really enjoyed. Yeah, I know a few of the guys. Before I'd done this particular episode, a few of the guys had flown out to do a few others, been to New York and a few other places. So my I'm the dance captain for the show. I've been with the show for over a decade now, and my job is to teach and organize the show. So anyone knew that's coming in, Let's say anyone from you know, just a new hire, to one of our celebrity guests like Vinty G from Jersey Shore. When these guys come in and need to learn the shows, my job to teach them. And then it's my job to organize who's in what spot for the night where everyone goes.
Speaker 3: Make sure that what's running into each other, make sure all the tracks are covered.
Speaker 4: So when the old Bachelor came and they're like, hey, we we want to work with the Chip and Nails and work with you guys and have a few of our guys, you know, get coached up. That's kind of my role in the show anyway, And I was I was really excited to take a call and say yes.
Speaker 2: So it does it change anything for you when you hear, hey, these guys are all going to be sixty plus or is it the same kind of strategy if you had a celebrity guest.
Speaker 4: Come on, Yeah, it's the same kind of strategy. It's it's usually age is less much less of a fact than you know, how familiar you are with movement and how familiar you are with your own body and how to get around and what your arm's doing while your legs doing something, while your head's doing something. So it's more kind of getting familiar with people and how much they know their body rather than if they're twenty or forty or sixty either.
Speaker 2: So if you were a critic, what, how do you feel like these men knew their body going into it?
Speaker 3: Good? Good?
Speaker 4: You know, I'd say age always helps that you know a little more. The more time you have in it, the more you know about it, good, the good end, the bad.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: That can include like, ah, these not going well today, or you know it's going to rain, but yeah, no, no, these those guys are great man, and uh you know, and and different levels you know within that, but I you know, I tend to find and I don't know the story of all these guys, but especially anyone that used to be like a former athlete, like if anyone played football or hockey or even like MMA or stuff like that, they tend to just carry a body awareness with them.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: It's it's if you're you know, even just in college for a couple of years played defensive back. You know, you're learning to turn your hips and run and move and put your hands up or you know, definitely any sort of you know, karate, jiu jitsu, any of that stuff, any fighting. You know, you are learning how to use your body in multiple ways at once, and I can get I can get a lot of dance moves out of that.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 2: It was impressive to I think the audience.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: In fact, I talked to a Bachelor producer today that said that this date was their favorite group date they've ever shot, that it was the most fun. And I felt like, as a fan now of the show, when I watched it, it was joy filled. There was a lot of fun, a lot of commitment. And then I was also impressed that every one of these guys, at least from what we saw, just dove into this. Is that what you experienced while you were filming it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that was.
Speaker 4: It was a really fun process because of that. And I think you're gonna hit the nail on the head there that I've taught for a long time, I've been not only dance captain here for a long time. I've been dance captain to the other non review shows, like more traditional song.
Speaker 3: And dance shows.
Speaker 4: I've taught a lot of dance to a lot of people, and I can do it.
Speaker 3: I know what I'm doing. The one thing I cannot.
Speaker 4: Teach and cannot put in someone is the ability to buy in and the ability to care right, So, you know, having someone be braver, especially you know, it's think of any skill you've tried that was out of your comfort zone or a new skill, especially in front of people, in front of people you're friends with, competing against, in front of you know, these cameras that are going.
Speaker 3: To be someone that's famillions of people.
Speaker 4: It can be scary. It can be scary to jump in. It can be scary by yourself alone with all that other stuff going on. So these guys were just headfirst into the deep, into the pool. And that's that's the one thing I can't teach. And that's what makes it fun. That's what actually helps people learn quicker and get into it quicker is the ones that are like, all right, we're doing this.
Speaker 3: And every single one of those gentlemen had that, So that was very fun.
Speaker 2: Is there anything that we didn't see? I'm assuming you saw last night's episode. If you didn't, that's okay, But is there anything that wasn't shown that happened during this whole day that you were like, gosh, I wish that would have been shown or that really kind of was a good memorable moment for you.
Speaker 3: So yeah, full disclosure, I have not seen the episode yet.
Speaker 4: So we did have a Chipendale show last night while it was airing, and uh, I just came out afterwards, spent a whole time with my wife and I haven't gotten to it yet. But uh, but yeah, I I there wasn't from my experience on the show, I don't know, you know, I'm sure a couple of things on the cuategy floor, but I don't think that because there wasn't like multiple locations or multiple sections of this like you know, especially compared to other TV that I've done, it seemed pretty uh pretty honest as far as you know, I almost didn't totally know in the best way.
Speaker 3: I didn't totally know what to expect what was going to go on. You know. They taught me like, hey, these gonna be the guys. We want to teach them a couple of moves.
Speaker 4: Even when I asked for framework of like well, do you want like a B and C or D E enough like you do.
Speaker 3: You have fun with it?
Speaker 4: So yeah, once the the guys came in, even the the little intro number that you know, the three classic guys did and then the three current guys. Did you know, we we set that on the spot because I didn't know what to Say's just gonna be like with the room. It's going to be like sometimes if you choreograph something too much in advance, you get there, the room is different in the time stiff, you got to redo it anyway, So you know, the six of us all work together and just set that up on the spot. And then when the guys came in and you know, I honestly met them, and then you know, there's three cameras around the room and they were like, all right, go, So I assume what what was showed on TV is uh, you know, pretty pretty straightforward of what we actually did, which was just come in and meet the guys.
Speaker 3: Everyone's having fun, shake hands, start learning.
Speaker 4: A couple of moves, do a little warm up, learning video team, and then uh, you know, we took like an hour or two when they all got into their costumes and then we had to come out as honest, honest fans there and sit in the audience and watch it go down.
Speaker 2: Was there anybody that surprised or impressed you? I mean, for me, I look back, I think one, it was awesome to see Charles come out and do what he did. But also his name's but I call him Goldie. Uh he ripped off his shirt. Let that you know, belly just get shown. It was awesome. It was just such a fun moment. Was there anybody else that like surprised you as you watched it bat or as you were watching in the audience.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'll tell you exactly. To surprise me, every single one of them. Okay, awesome and not to get like a much of a cliche diplomatic answer, but no, the the amount of buy in from all the guys, because it's it's that's something you learned pretty fast doing our show.
Speaker 3: Is that.
Speaker 4: You know, there's you know, all of us are you know, good look and all of us are in shape. But but there could even be different degrees of that right there. There's you know, sometimes I'm i feel like I'm in good shape and I'm standing next to someone that's sticks for two fifty you know, twenty eight ads, I'm like, ah, but what matters more?
Speaker 3: Than that your your actual size, your actual stature, or you know.
Speaker 4: I feel like a lot of women and people that come to our show, you know, of course they're here for fit guys, but they care more about having fun in the experience than than you absolutely having every tiny little thing perfect. And when you when you buy them, when you have fun, when you when you let it loose and and you know you're able to enjoy the moment, able to enjoy yourself, able to enjoy your own body in a in a fond and comfortable way, right then that's when the audience, that's when the.
Speaker 3: Women, the customers, everyone at our.
Speaker 4: Show has the most fun. And that's exactly what those guys did, which was go out there. I think a lot of people would rather when they're having when they get a dance from someone, whether it's at a professional show or it's just you know, your partner in your room and you're you're having a good time, I think you'd rather have them be in the moment than have every tiny thing be quote unquote perfect.
Speaker 3: So that's what those guys did.
Speaker 4: They're they're dancing, they're they're living their bodies, they were shaking things, they were sharing their joy with with the rest of us, and that's absolutely the core principle that makes it good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right, that's right.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 2: Also, this whole date supported stand Up to Cancer, and so I'm sure that also helped everybody go, hey, I'm just gonna let this thing loose because it's for a good cause and it's a really fun experience.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: I have some rapid fire questions for you that were not given to me by anybody. They're off the top of my head. It's more out of curiosity. Do you mind if I spend the next few moments and just shoot them your way? Fire away, my friends, How in the world do you end up being a chippendale dancer? I never got asked because I am not the six foot I am six foot four. I am not the twenty eight abs type of guy. So I was never, you know, recruited, But I'm very curious.
Speaker 3: Yes, very long story short.
Speaker 4: My entire I'm Vegas Wan and raised my entire family, Uh were performers out here in Vegas.
Speaker 3: My mom, when she retired, became a dance teacher.
Speaker 4: So I grew up in the dance studio La Tap Jazz Musical, theed I'm trained in all that since I was twelve. I did sell and dance shows until I was twenty eight, and I was doing a swim dance show at a different hotel in Las Vegas and someone from Shipp and Dale's just by happen Stance saw that show. Uh, they wanted to recruit more trained dancers, and they were trying to get more you know, uh, conditioned choreography into the show, and so they found me there they asked me to come over. Those two jobs were those two shows were at different time, so I was able to do both. Started at part time, fell in love real fast, and I've been here for a decade now.
Speaker 2: How many nights a week do you perform siks? Six nights a week? How do you keep your body from feeling every single injury that exists in your life if you perform six days a week.
Speaker 4: It's all the simple answers, you know, stretch, uh, work out and healthy diet. You know it's it's you know then the diet is not just for your for your abs and for your gut. It's you know, you're you're joints and your muscles. Thank you when you're eating well too.
Speaker 2: You mentioned something that I think our listeners can gain a lot of wisdom from, and that is to be in the moment and to you know, just have fun or you said joy, to experience that joy.
Speaker 3: I'm sure you have bad days, we all do.
Speaker 2: How do you if you're doing this six nights a week after a bad day, prepare yourself to go out on that stage and perform so that the people watching enjoy it and that you are experiencing some joy.
Speaker 4: Well, the good news is is my favorite place in the world is on the stage, and and particularly that stage. So it's usually the other way around. If I'm having a bad day, I'm looking forward to it because that's the remedy for me. That's you know, it makes me present, you know, it puts me in the moment. It just look out there and see smiling tastes. I'm sure there's some form of ego involved in this where yeah, all right, people are cheering for the stage, and that of course feels good. But it really does warm me up to look out there and to see you know, however, many one hundred and fifty people, two hundred people really forgetting about their their bad day, right, or forgetting about the all the craziness in the world right now, and they're just present as well, so there's not a lot of prep.
Speaker 3: It's usually I'm looking forward to being like, all right, I.
Speaker 4: Am lucky enough to have an able body that I get to use, and for some reason, all these people care and then we get to have fun together for an hour and a half.
Speaker 2: It's one of my favorite questions. But this is your you know where you said your remedy, it is your focus, it is your profession. We got to see it highlighted on The Golden Bachelor at when somebody comes to your show, what do you hope they leave feeling, thinking, experiencing.
Speaker 3: I hope they feeling better, you know, even if it's just a little bit. I hope they have fun. Both sides have fun. Yeah, no, but but it is that simple, right. I've seen, you know, families come in love with like mother and daughter come or grandmother mother daughter. I've seen that.
Speaker 4: Combination and they have both family bonding time. I see quite often people who come either solo or groups of two will make friends with other groups and they literally walk out of there with new people that they've they've met in the show, and oh my god, we're all going to a drace together. We had so much fun at the show. You know, it's one of the clothes here in Vegas. So yeah, I I you know, moments like that are the ones I treasure.
Speaker 3: So I just, you know, I hope you know.
Speaker 4: I don't know, the world is crazy and we all got first battles going on, and I don't know how to fix all that, but I do know that I can create a little bit of light. So I hope that that people get fun and joy and peace for just a little bit.
Speaker 2: The final question for you is you mentioned your wife that you're married. Does she come to your show? And when she does, because I'm assuming she does, I guess if she does, that's even more of a curious response. What is her typical like response when she sees you up there doing your thing.
Speaker 4: So I'm really like dropping the W bomb hard right now because I got married two weeks ago, so let's go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you very much. No, she's the best, and that's why we're married.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So she she's a current nurse, but a former performer herself. She did a few Las Vegas shows out here as well, so she very much understands the world, understands the industry.
Speaker 4: She might be the most supportive human that has ever existed, and that, yeah, she'll come to the show. I mean, it's it comes in waves. But you know, when she's she's very proud of it. I'm very honored that she's very proud of it. So she has friends or family in town, she'll she'll pop by the show. She also it's very fun for me that I'm very close to my management team, and my management team very much loves her. The guys love her too, but but it's especially that the managers. You know, when she comes in to see my bosses light up and give her a big hug, and you know, they'll a.
Speaker 3: Lot of times she'll watch the show in the back of the room.
Speaker 4: You know, the bosses are there every night making sure everything's going according to plan, and she'll be back there with them just just cut it up. And so it's a really joyous experience to have her there because it's you know, I very much understand that this is it could potentially be you know, a landmine of a of a job for a relationship, and you know, I think the successful relationships I've seen in the show, it really goes both ways. You have really understanding partners and then you know, being in the show having you know, making sure that she feels loved and supported and taking care of him that you know, if I'm creating an atmosphere where the show isn't an issue, then that makes it easier as well.
Speaker 2: Congrats on the marriage, Ryan, that's an awesome step, awesome deal, and it's great to hear that you have a partner like that. It's just it makes life so much more fun. Ryan Chippindale's you crushed it last night. Thank you for giving us what some would say is the most fun group they ever witnessed on the Bachelor franchise. If somebody wants to find you in Vegas, not in a creepy way, but to watch you perform, where do they go?
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, no, please come find us. We love sharing, Like I said, share the joy. So we are performing at the Rio Hotel and Casino. We are six nights a week. We have no shows on Monday, but we have shows the rest of the week. I'm eight pm every night and then ten point thirty as well on Friday and Saturday. Not only did we have the show's performance, there is a meet and greet in our show bar after the show every night, so not only can you see us perform, but part of your tickets you get to hang out with the guys. After all the guys would be in the bar, so you can literally come see the show and then come talk to me and hang out any nights you want. But yeah, we're at the Chip and Nails at the Rio Hotel and Casino Tuesday through Sunday.
Speaker 2: If you ever need somebody who can do ten push ups in a row who's six foot four, doesn't have an ab to show, but they're in there somewhere, and I can move my body like one of those bullet machines at the car washes, you know, they kind of go like that.
Speaker 3: Just give me a call, get out here. We'll get you some cuffs and collarilers immediately. Deal.
Speaker 2: Ryan, thanks again. I appreciate it, and good luck performing. And if anybody is out there listening, some of Ryan's advice is to be in the moment, to have a lot of fun. I think it's good advice take with us into the life.
Speaker 3: Thanks Ryan, Thank you.
Speaker 1: Follow the Ben and Ashley I Almost Famous podcast on iHeartRadio or subscribe wherever you listen to podcasts,