Speaker 1: Now here's a highlight from Coast to Coast am on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: And welcome back to Coast to Coast. George Norri with you, Maxim Firk with us Maximum in your book, Cole Regent Hodoo, you're right about a doctor Frederick Lamont Santi.
Speaker 3: Tell us about him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, doctor Sant was. Actually he was my neighbor.
Speaker 2: I was.
Speaker 4: I lived in Berwick, Pennsylvania, and he was right up the road in a place called walt Walapon. But doctor Santi was the high priest of the Covenan of the Catta that was in wolf Wallapon. He was a child prodigy. He could read English and German at the age of three. He could translate the Caesars Gaelic Wars at age a, you know, from Latin to England English. And he was the oldest person to attend Harvard University graduate at Magna Cumlada. He was called Bertram Russell said that he will be the greatest abstract thinker of the twentieth century. Time magazine called him a living child prodigy. And what he did was he befriended people like Alistair Krause or Alistair Crowley and George Kettteridge who was an English professor. He introduced him to the occult. But it was Civil Leak, you know, the world's most famous witch that he befriended. And in nineteen sixty seven she came to wop all of them and initiated his covenant the Cata. You know, she had the coven of the Horsa, well, he had the coven of the Cata. He loved cats, and she came to wop all of them with her son Julian and her publicist. She was really one thing about Civil Leak. I mean, I think that she introduced the world to witchcraft. She had a thing called Diary of a Witch that she published, and this is right after England repeating their Witchcraft Act, that was in nineteen fifty one. But simpilely claimed that she was a druid, not just a witch, but that the druids were like the priests class well, which is where the working class. So she came to walk ball up and initiated the coven with doctor santi and you know, just amazing the people he that gravitated to him, and that he gravitated too. Again, he was a genius and I just think maybe he had that higher vibration, that higher level of consciousness that he associated with people that you know, like minded people with the similar values. So just an amazing individual. He was my doctor, he was my friend. I interviewed him, I was there at his funeral, and you know, just an amazing individual, very kind. And he told me about the coven but the Wicca craft and you know, taught me a lot.
Speaker 3: What did he think of the paranormal?
Speaker 4: Well, what he said was this is a great question, thank you. He said that there was no difference between the paranormal and science. He said, the only thing is that we haven't found the laws that apply. And the example I use all the time is, you know, you watch an apple fall, so there, you know, and what you see is the apple falling, and you know what caused it is gravity, you know, so there's cause and effect. But with other things, lights in the sky, orbs, anomalies, spirits, whatever the other paranormal things are, they may have a scientific basis, according to doctor Santi, but we just haven't figured out what they are, or we misunderstand them or misrepresent them. So in my book, Coreach and who do I tried to do that. I try to nudge you know aspects of the paranormal and the spiritual to a closer to the scientific. Again, just as my contribution to the genre. You know, that's what I want to do. I mean, I'm you know, I enjoyed doing this and I consider myself an academic and so anyway, but doctor Santi was a great individual and I was I'm really blessed been able to have met him and you know, spent some quality time with him.
Speaker 3: You also had a chance to meet the great Ed and Lorraine Warren. God rest their souls.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, So back home in northeastern Pennsylvania, in West Pittston, we have a thing house called the Schmurle Haunted House, and it was sort of like Amityville in the case. In the case that it had. They were experiencing horrible odors in the house, grunning sounds, profanities being etched in the mirror. The collie was levitated and thrown across the room. And then Jack Schmurle, the husband, claimed that he was raped by a female demon, a succubus. So anyway, Ed and Lorraine Warren helped co write a book about called The Haunted, about the Schmurle Haunting, and they started a fifteen city tour back in nineteen eighty eight. So I got permission to go there and interview them, and I took these photographs, I mean, really great shots, interviewed them and over the years I would call them up and just ask and about how he fought the demons, you know, about demonology and about his beliefs. They were Catholic demonologists, you know, they were responsible for the con well because of their notoriety, the Conjuring franchise was put together. It's the most successful horror franchise out there. I think it netted something like two point one billion dollars. But again, here's really good example that the paranormal and slash horror has gone mainstream and that there's an appetite for that. I mean, to the to the tune of two point one million dollars or a billion dollars. So they were great people. They treated me with a lot of respect and helped walk me through a lot of this stuff and you know, answer a lot of my you know, you know, adolescent questions. But ed in Lorrain, they were good people.
Speaker 2: You wrote a book back not too far just a few months ago, called The Lost Tribes of Bigfoot that was banned an affair.
Speaker 3: What happened, Yeah, I'm not.
Speaker 4: Sure what happened. I have a chapter there called is Bigfoot the New Religion? And I believe that, you know, I have I put some some statistics together, and I'm a baby Boomer. My group was born between nineteen forty six and nineteen sixty four. And they compared Baby Boomers with Generation Z. The oldest Zoomer is twenty seven years old. They were born after I think nineteen ninety seven. But with my baby Boomer group, sixty four percent of us believed in God and organized relige. With the Zoomers only twenty four percent belief in God in organized religion. I believe that that human beings are our spiritual creatures. You know, we're made in the likeness of God. That's my personal belief. But I think we have to express that spirituality somehow, and if we don't do it by going to the church, the temple, the mosque, then some people, I think, do it by going out looking for sasquatch, which is their higher power. They sit around the campfire they have, you know, people like minded people, shared values, all of that. I spoke about that in my book and I believe that I stepped on some toes, maybe some right wing evangelicos who didn't like, you know, my tone, and I was specifically talking about the creationists, who I believe are very much anti science. And I think this being the Lost Stripes of fix of being banned from the fair was just payback for that. I mean, I can't prove it, but that's what I think. But I talked about that we stopped in Kentucky to see the Arc encounter, and this is the largest wooden structure. It's built, you know, Cuba, by Cuba, you know, to the Specs, and they had in the Arc they had the cages with the little animals, the giraffes and the sheep and the goats, but they also had cages for t rex and they had cages for stegosaurs. And it's my understanding that man did not walk the earth with the dinosaurs. You know, there was the K two event that was the asteroid, the meteorite that took out all those non avian dinosaurs, and then man came later. So I wrote about this in the Lost Tribes of Bigfoot in the chapter is Bigfoot the New Religion? And again I go against some of the tenants, the anti science tenants of the creationists, which you know, I think they need to go back to school and do some some learning. But again, that's my that's what I believe. I'll always speak out against the anti science people and the hoaxers. And if I get banned, if the book gets banned from a county fair, then so be it. You know, I could I could live with that. So I'm you know, I could really live with us.
Speaker 2: The hoaxers drive you nuts, don't they, maxim They sure do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they discredit us, you know, I mean, you know, we try hard. You know, your your your coast to coast does what it can to go and educate the people about the paranormal and the spiritualism and all that. And there's hoaxers and anti science people that are just taking us back you know, another one hundred years. And uh and and and I believe they've sold their soul. They're just like not good people, you know, uh, you know I uh and we've I've seen this. I talk about this in my in the Lost Tribes of Bigfoot. I mean, there were hoaxers left and right. And I have a chapter on the Piltdown Man and also the Minnesota Iceman, and those were two examples of hoaxers and that that put out, you know, these lies, this this information that was bought that the scientific and the political communities bought into that for their own specific reasons. But you know too, you know, but the I do have a great uh uh dislike for the these hoaxers, and and they need to be called out. I mean, you need people like me to go and just like you know, to raise my voice and say that what they're doing is wrong. Uh. There has to be some truth that we're that we're finding and going towards, whether it's in UFOs or cryptozoology or whatever. So if we're not gonna if we're gonna deny that truth, and why even have these conversations.
Speaker 3: You write a lot about the Patterson Gimlin film. Tell us about that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, yeah, I have a lot of references to that in the Lost Treasure of Bigfoot. But that was nineteen sixty seven and Roger Patterson and Bob Gimlin were riding their horses in northern California and they were going to make a documentary. So they were shooting film and everything, and they went to this area where there had been bigfoot sightings or maybe bigfoot prints. So they're going around the bend and Patterson's on the leaf horse. Giblin was behind him holding a pack horse.
Speaker 3: In northern California, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, northern California, and going around the bend, and all of a sudden they see this sasquatch. It was a female, you could see the breast, and they called her Patty. She looked at Patterson and then starts taking off, and his horse bucked, and as he's falling down, he was able to get his camera out of the saddle bag and start shooting. And that infamous Patterson Gimlin film was only fifty eight seconds long. And this is probably the holy Grail, at least with the people looking for sasquatch. I mean, it has never been totally refuted. People look at it and say that it looks like it is a creature. It's not a man in a monkey suit. And when they looked at the tracks, the tracks were bigger than humans and bear and the stride was larger than anything a man or bear could do. So we believe that this is our equivalent to say, the two thousand and four UFO film The Tic tac film that the Navy pilot shot off the coast of San Diego. I mean, both of these are you know, the proof I mean, not tangible physical bodies, but proof that there's something there and you know, and we can't deny it, and neither can the scientific community. That Patterson Gimlin film is really the one that we all talk about, and you know, it's just an amazing piece of evidence, you know, for those that are you know, I believe have a belief in Fasquatch.
Speaker 3: It's the best bigfoot video and film out there.
Speaker 4: Yes, correct, I agree. I agree on One interesting thing is with John Napier. He was the British primatologist, and in nineteen seventy two Napier, who was working at the Smithsonian, thought that that Patterson Gimlin film was a hoax. And he said that because Patty's upper body was more ape like and the bottom portion was more a hominids, you know, bipedal. And then in nineteen seventy four, lo and behold, they discover Lucy the athri Opithecus in Ethelpia. And here Lucy which was man's oldest relative. Lucy that was discovered in nineteen seventy four had an a body, the top body like an ape and the bottom like a hominid. So John Napier changed his mind and said, you know what, I think that this Patterson Gimlin film is authentic. You know, he had scientific proof, you know, from these archaeologists in Ethiopia. So that was pretty interesting how that came together. You know, he from seventy two to seventy four, and they named Lucy after the Beatles Lucy in the sky with diamonds, So that's where that name came from. Pretty interesting.
Speaker 3: What does your guy tell you about big Footpacksum, well.
Speaker 4: I know there's a lot of I straddle both sides of it. First of all, these bigfoot believers that believe in flesh and blood. You know, that's okay, But I mean when you look at what proof they have. They have eyewitness reports, they have the footprints, you know, the casts that are bigger than man or bear, and the strides they have, the sound, they have, the smell, there's always that smell. So you have all these things, put these things together and there's something there. There's something that j Allen Heinek would call, you know, elements of high strangeness. But I don't go there. I believe that, I say, if it's not flesh and blood, then what is it? And I believe that it's I believe in the inner dimensional theory that Bigfoot may be a shape shifter in between dimensions or parallel universes. I mean, we don't know, but I think that's the mechanism by which you know, we see them and then we don't. So I think there's a real high degree of of the paranormal involved with with Bigfoot, you know again, but we just don't know what that is.
Speaker 1: Listen to more Coast to Coast AM every weeknight at one a m. Eastern and go to Coast to coastam dot com for more