Speaker 1: Sunday, Sampler got a bunch of good stuff here, you know. On the Bobby Cast this week we had Dan and read Isabel. They are prolific writers, were in a bunch of hits like Luke Combs hits. But they have a great podcast called God's Country and I'm gonna play a clip from that and they talk about being burnt out, which is normal, just doesn't matter what the job is. We do talk about podcasting and like worst performances like that's coming up in just a second. And then movie Mike's Movie podcast, him and his wife went through the list of the best and the worst movies they saw in November. This is a really good guide for you guys. For me, I use stuff like this to figure out what I'm gonna watch. So all the shows are coming up, but I do want to talk with these guys first from the Bobby Cast.
Speaker 2: Here they are Dan and read Isabel.
Speaker 1: So one of my friends today who I'm very close to. I was walking. We're walking together and he has a number one. He's about to have a second number one, and he knows I know how the games work, and he's like, hey, I think that we have picked our date to strategically go for number one, and you know some people drop off. They all get in their little we you know, you know how it goes around here, indeed, And so I'm like, that's freaking awesome that your team is saying this is the date, because that's as close as you can get to getting it, that you've decided on the push date to getting it. And he's like, it's awesome. I said, so, do you have a what's your next song? And this is somebody to hang out with like twice a week, but we never talk music, and not because we avoid it, but because we're like actual friend Yeah, like playing trucks. And he was like, I just wrote it, just cut it, and he said, you listen to it. And I got that that old feeling that I used to hate when people say, hey, would you listen to my song? Because mostly it was what you listen to it and then play it right that I feel like everybody was trying to use me for something. Sure, but my first five years is all I felt. I didn't trust anybody. I was wrong about a lot of people's probably right about a lot of people. I was. I was right some and I got burned really bad and I think that's what made me overcorrect and just keep it. But he he sent me the song and I and for a second I had that PTSD of oh my god, and I'd have that many conversation with myself, like this is your really friend, This is a real life friend, like Compnity Kidney, you give them one friend. And I listened to the song, and in my head I was already imagining the text I was gonna have to send. Oh wow, man, hey, I can't wait to see what this does. In my head, that's what I was imagining, because that means it's fine, Yeah, that's fine. I listened to it. It was so good, like I wanted to cry, and I don't think it was. And the song was good. The song is really good. But I don't think it was because of just the song being really good. I think it was like all that that I just talked about. I was able to kind of just kind of kick all those feelings that I had about people using me, so I don't do this, and I do do this, and I keep these boundaries up. And then I have this friend who's been grinding so hard and lie I started to get tears of and I'm by myself, and I'm like, what is I'm like having this weird moment and I listened to this song, and this song is so good. I'm not gonna play it. I'm not saying who it is. And so I text him back, I'm gonna write verbatim because I think as songwriters and just artists in general, you guys will relate.
Speaker 3: I'm excited about this.
Speaker 1: I said, I don't know the guy that wrote that song, is what I replied. I said, I know the mediocre pickleball player that I beat the crap out of, but I don't know that guy who wrote that song. Like that's awesome, and sometimes you need to be reminded how awesome your friends are. And he wrote, thank you, It's probably the favorite thing I've ever written, you know, a personal thing about his family. And then I just wrote a couple things about I said, Hey, the concept was great, the word play was awesome. Sonically, whoever singing the harmony's like so technically. I just did a little quick evaluation. I said, gets to the hook quick, which is like a thing. And he says to me, hoping it's going to be the one that opens the door all the way for us. And as you was saying that, I said to that, I said I was dreading to listen to it because I was afraid to be fine, and I would just say, can't wait to see this song do his thing. But back to he said, hoping it was going to be the one that opens the door for us. And I feel like I said this because I have felt that way many times about many things that I was going to do. And there's not a door. There's never a door. There's there's never a door. And I said, the door will never be open all the way. It's just a different chase to a different door. But you wrote an excellent song, regardless of what it does on some chart based on a thousand variables, that is an amazing song. Acknowledging it now is extremely valuable because it won't be up to you or even up to your art. If it's going to be a number one, it's all by chance. I love youbody, And he writes a message back, and it was just the idea of again, here's my friend. And you guys have to create art out of your thoughts and your heart and your soul, and then you have to go and just let people judge.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I think that's an interest, that's a that's a really I mean, like you can tell that whoever, even if it wasn't you, if someone had just read me that text message of what they replied, that's somebody that that has has grown up in the in the business, you know what I mean, Like, you know how the business works. And I think there for a while, when you're starry eyed, you have this concept that you're going to be able to release this song and that basically based on how people feel about it, it's going to perform at a certain level. And then maybe you even do that, maybe you even have one that connects and that's what brings you to the town.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: We've seen that a lot, and you know, to to when you kind of see behind the curtain on on the game of it, it's a different it's a different deal. So to have someone who's who knows that and is able to ship and I know we're talking way inside here.
Speaker 1: I hope that's that's why we do this talk inside is Yeah.
Speaker 3: I just think it's it's cool and it probably meant a lot to him to hear it from somebody who's who has done that and been a part of it and honestly kind of like dissociated themselves from that and go, this is my honest opinion, and whether it does anything or not, like great tune, man, And that's what that means a lot to creatives.
Speaker 5: No doubt. Yeah, because like it feels like in that moment like put yeah, putting ever, put the lights, put the radio, shows, put the radio, put everything aside. A great song was heard and appreciated and moved somebody the way it is created to do.
Speaker 1: Period. Before you start, he starts or she whoever starts second guessing maybe this song wasn't as good as I thought it was.
Speaker 3: Oh he or she thought that when they sent it, because I mean, I do that all the time. It's like, man, this song is a banger, Dude, I know this is awesome. And then I get in the truck with reading, I'm like, check this tune out and I play it, and like halfway through the first verse, I'm like, oh, shouldn't I say that, Oh he probably doesn't like that part. This should get a reaction.
Speaker 1: It didn't.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're you know.
Speaker 3: What I mean, And before you know it, you're cutting it off. Halfway through the second verse, one it ain't that good. You know, we'll see what happens.
Speaker 1: And you've assigned his thoughts unfairly, totally, unfairly cast up thing little food for yoursel life.
Speaker 6: Oh it's pretty bad.
Speaker 1: It's pretty beautiful, beautiful that for a little more said, he can't cut your kick in with Fulling with Amy Brown.
Speaker 7: The first email is from a listener that was asking about alan On because I shared about my allan On experience in last week's episode, which, if you're not familiar, allan On is a support group that helps loved one of alcoholics by providing a place to meet to have a safe space to share and learn how to cope. So that's what allan On is. And I'm going to leave the listener's name off because this is something very personal and I want to respect that. And sometimes I have time to hear back permission to use names when it's something personal, but in this case, I just got the email this morning.
Speaker 2: So here's what they wrote.
Speaker 7: Hey, Amy, longtime listener, and I have been listening to four Things since it came out. After hearing the latest podcast, you mentioned that you went to alan on meetings and you tried to go weekly. What gave you the motivation to go when it's mainly to deal with the person in your life that has the problem. A little background on me. I did go to therapy for myself for many years, mainly for anxiety and panic attacks. So I'm in no way against personal growth, therapy, rehab, etc. Someone in my life is an alcoholic and we haven't had a relationship for over ten years, just recently went to rehab and have been sober a couple of months. How did you get in the mindset that going to those meetings would be best for you? I feel like, since I'm not the one with the disease, I don't want to do the work, especially with children and limited time for myself as it is. Also, maybe I'm being a whiny baby. It's a hard place to be in your friend blank from blank All right, So, dear Blank, here's what I will say to you. I'm sorry that you're dealing with this. Thank you for listening to the podcast all of these years and for taking the time to email me about something so personal. It's definitely a hard place to be, and you are not a whiny baby for feeling this way at all, whatsoever. What you are experiencing is totally valid, and it's okay to feel conflicted about adding one more thing to your plate, especially when it's not something you asked for or something you've done. I totally get it. I'd never even heard of alan On until a few years ago, and started going when I was.
Speaker 8: Advised to go.
Speaker 7: It was made very clear to me by a couple of trusted people that I had my own issues based on my relationship with my qualifier. Now, in this case, your family member is the qualifier, and there are certain behaviors that we pick up along the way that aren't helpful, even if their behaviors or patterns from ten years ago, twenty years ago, or two months ago. For example, I was extremely codependent, I lacked boundaries, I enabled, I frequently got involved in things that were not on my side of the street, etc. But in my mind, none of those things were my problem. They were because of my qualifier. So, similar to you, I didn't understand why I needed help dealing with someone else's problem. Well, what I learned over time is that all of those things, they were my problem and my responsibility, and if I wanted peace and change, I had to put in the work like it wasn't about fixing the other person, but really about finding the tools to help me feel less stuck and less frustrated and just less helpless, and really to have the best relationship with my qualifier possible because I still wanted that. So I don't know all the details of your situation and if you even want a relationship with this person, but if they're sober, I mean, it could be a beautiful time for you to nurture your relationship. But that will take you staying on your side of the street, focusing on you. I mean, if I really thought about the exact motivation. Yes, I was encouraged by other people, but it really boiled down to peace for myself and me focusing on myself. And that's what those very t trusted people in my life could see that I couldn't see at the time. They were observing my actions, and it was very clear to them that I was in victim mode and contributing to the agony I was feeling. And they could see that if I didn't learn how to manage that, I was never going to find peace. So for me, yeah, boiled down to finding peace. And the awesome thing about alan On is that it helped me focus on what I can control, like my reactions, boundaries, mindset, and I did mention a weekly meeting that I try to go to in last week's episode, But you don't have to go weekly or even commit to it long term to benefit from it. You can just take it one meeting at a time and see how it feels. There are even zoom options that I've done that are helpful. I never regret going to a meeting, and I love some of the friends that I've made along the way. I mean, these are the type of friends that will not judge anything, so it's very refreshing. And also I totally get that you're a mom and your time is limited, but I do think that giving yourself even an hour here or there can make such a big difference. And you are not alone in this. I admire you for even considering going, Like sending me this email just shows that you care and you're curious, and I think curiosity is very important. And this isn't just about your relationship with this person in your life, this family member, but it is about you and your family. I can say that going has made me a better mom, and I didn't expect that to be the case, but that was my ignorance of it all. Like I was very ignorant when it came to anything with alcohol and addiction and all that comes with that. So whatever you decide, give yourself grace and know that you are doing your best. And this is a really tough situation. So that is what I will say to you there. You just got to take care of you whatever that looks like.
Speaker 1: We're gonna do it live.
Speaker 9: Oh, the one, two, three, Sore Losers?
Speaker 10: What up, everybody? I am lunchbox.
Speaker 11: I know the most about sports, so I'll give you the sports facts, my sports opinions, because I'm pretty much a sports genius, y'all.
Speaker 9: It's Sison. I'm from the North. I'm an alpha male. I live on the North side of Nashville with Bayser, my wife. We do have a farm. It's beautiful, a lot of acreage, no animals, a lot of crops. Hopefully soon corn pumpkins, rye. I believe maybe a little fescue to be determined. Over to you, coach, And.
Speaker 11: Here's a clip from this week's episode of The Sore Losers. What the is Bill Belichick doing? He explained it to me. He said, it on dirt. He said he was going to do it on dot. No, no, he said he was gonna.
Speaker 10: Do it on dot. What is he doing.
Speaker 9: He's at home with that twenty two year old bored out of his mind. He's doing this talk shows with Pat McAfee's talking ball. He still got it. He's bored out of his mind. He doesn't have Maybe he exercises a little. It doesn't look like he's a massive bike rider, canoe or kayaker water sports.
Speaker 11: Definitely doesn't look like he gets on the peloton.
Speaker 10: At all, at least so much more time during the day.
Speaker 9: And he says, I can probably do this it maybe get out of the Patriots a bad situation.
Speaker 10: We learned Urbanemeyer did it.
Speaker 9: You UNC must have a great quarterback coming up in the system, another Tom Brady, and so he said, this is my time to shine U. N C is primed right now because are they in the ACC Yeah, dog shit, they're losing cam Ward, Miami's terrible, Florida State's terrible, They Clemson Kate Klubnick's probably gonna go to Broncos minor league team. So you got to think he's seeing you and see they're gonna win it. Next year they're in the top twelve team playoff the way it's format, and now you can win a championship within one to two years and the portal Billchick's champion.
Speaker 11: I get the acc It seems simple like, but I don't understand Bill Belichick going into an eighteen year old's house and being.
Speaker 10: Like, hey man, you wanna go to North Carolina?
Speaker 11: Like, what the is he gonna say to an eighteen year old Eighteen year olds don't give a crap about Bill Belichick.
Speaker 9: I'm not talking about it because he already said it on Dot. You want to know what he said. What said He's gonna treat it like a factory. So he would then go into these kids' houses. A lot of me, you don't go into their house now physically it's more a virtual type thing. But he will then go into some of the premier A List type guys. He's gonna go in their living room and he's gonna say it's a factory. I will get you into the NFL. I'm gonna build you these four years to make you an NFL prospect. What I can do is do that Norther coaching, then college football can do that because none of them have done it at an elite level as an NFL player, coach and all that and won championships. He said, it will be a fact you n C copyrighted factory.
Speaker 10: Hang up and listen.
Speaker 11: I heard all that on him. He's seventy two years old. There's the realistically two years, two years. There's no way he's going to be coaching for that much longer.
Speaker 9: Dude, what is it with everything? You got to do it in moderation. No coach knows when to go out at the right time. You never know when to leave Vegas at the right time.
Speaker 10: You do.
Speaker 9: Yeah, if you have some self control you get when you get out of coaching. Tom Brady he's got the itch. He's acting like he's gonna plead quarterback again.
Speaker 11: Oh my god, he's he's got to quit announcing because he's terrible at that. He's decent, but he doesn't put in much work.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 11: There's no there's no way he's practicing midweek, like all right, let me let me work on this. Like he's not going over game tape. He is showing up on Sunday and just winging it. Because the dude is not polished at all. He hasn't gotten any better. It just seems like he does. He's getting paid three hundred and something million dollars and he's like, what are they gonna do?
Speaker 10: Fire me? Great point, great point.
Speaker 9: I bet he watched a little bit of film the night before a day of that's he's got five days off, five.
Speaker 11: Days off, and he's just chilling, hanging out at the beach or whatever he does. I don't even know what he does in his spare time. It has to be at the beach because he's very tan.
Speaker 9: But dude, people are realizing nobody wants to just go home and lay in bed. We weren't made to lay in that position until we're in the coffin. Amen, Amen Belichick. He's with the chicks banging or bagging her. Eh gets a free time, man, why not do you NC?
Speaker 10: I just can't figure it out.
Speaker 9: Due he's on Pat mcavy every damn day or something. Shit, He's all the time on there talking. He'll do a secondent for forty five minutes. He ain't got nowhere to be pour it out of his mind. Dude loves talking ball. Why not talk ball for a team that you think you can maybe make a difference with.
Speaker 11: Now, I do understand he's gonna have the coaching edge over any coach he faces.
Speaker 10: He's the better. He's a better coach than anyone he's gonna face.
Speaker 9: When's the best time to enter the twelve team playoff this year? When's the second best yet time next year? That's what he's doing. It's a brand new system. Look all the teams that got in this year, Indiana.
Speaker 10: Arizona State. He said, holy shit, I could win this thing first year. I mean, you get into twelve, you got a chance.
Speaker 11: I My belief is he's doing this just to guarantee his son gets a head coaching job that he's gonna when he retires, that they have to name him the head coach or whatever. He's the head coach in waiting. And so he's like, you know what, I'm not gonna go back to the NFL. But this is so much more of a grind. You're seventy two years old. How much energy can a seventy two.
Speaker 10: Year old have?
Speaker 9: Well, and even more than that, you're talking about what's the other great one?
Speaker 10: What's his name?
Speaker 9: Nick saban Eh College game day morning. He kind of slows it down a little bit it's kind of been unwatchable. I'll watch clips and highlights and stuff. It just it brings a well oiled machine to us.
Speaker 10: Oh halt.
Speaker 9: Saban says some good stuff, but it's like, dude, sometimes that TV stuff's tough.
Speaker 10: Belichick's great at it. I think Saban maybe gets back into coaching and.
Speaker 11: Says, dude, there's no way Saban's going back.
Speaker 10: It's like Or loves big newon Kickoff.
Speaker 9: He was on there the other day and he got They're saying like, hey, ten million, would you do a coaching job or something for ten million? He goes getting paid that here, why would I do that? So Urban ain't going anywhere. He loves talking on TV bullshitting Saban. Dude, he's more of a cut and dried guy. I mean, Saban likes McAfee, but it's like, how many more times can he laugh at McAfee's standing up making an ass of himself. Saban maybe gets back into coaching. Belichick. He loves his little hits that he does, but he's like, dude, I kind of meant to just be a coach.
Speaker 2: He loves to be a coach.
Speaker 10: He loves to be a coach. You realize it.
Speaker 11: God, I just I can't figure it out. Man, Like, does that mean no NFL team was showing any inkling of interest? And so he's like, you know what, I'll go to you and see.
Speaker 9: Well, half the teams are gonna make the playoffs, the other half aren't. Maybe he turned Maybe there's stuff that happens we never hear about. Maybe he turns down. Who says he do they have to announce that he goes in interviews? What if he just went and chilled in Arizona and kind of hung with the Cardinals for a little bit, Like I don't love this culture.
Speaker 10: I'm out, man. Did we have a great culture at the Patriot?
Speaker 11: There's no way, There's no way we would know, we would know every move that Bill Belichick makes with.
Speaker 12: Lloydan Uelsman, this is the Kansas Kids episode, and I have got Nicole Gallion on here. Nicole and I have become friends in recent years, especially over our loved connection of Kansas.
Speaker 2: Nicole, how are you wonderful?
Speaker 13: Good to see you?
Speaker 4: Really?
Speaker 12: The purpose of this episode is people who have moved away from their home state when it was kind of unheard of and not something that a lot of people did, and chase their dreams. So before we get into that, though, like, tell me kind of your origin story when you started writing and wanting to chase the dream of music, and when you were first starting to think, Okay, I don't think I can live here and do what I want to do.
Speaker 13: So I went to this thing when I was in junior high with my mom called at the time as fan Fair, which to a cmafest. I'm sure all of your followers know what CMA Fest is, but back when I was in middle school, my mom and I went to CMA Fest like Fanfare, three or four years in a row, and it was my first time on an airplane to go anywhere. And so we came to Nashville and I just learned about this place called Belmont, and I remember like just knowing like, oh, I have to go there.
Speaker 2: I have to be there now.
Speaker 13: Granted I had never been to like any other city, but it was totally like grand design that I came to Nashville first and fell in love with it. So I always at that time like I just knew that I needed to be in Nashville. I didn't really know the why. I just was for sure that I needed to get here, and that is really the way it worked out. I got here, went to Belmont, and then I learned about songwriting. It was so weird because I like, I have a job that I didn't know existed when I was growing up in Kansas. And I'm sure you're in the same boat where you're like, I have a job that I didn't know I could have, you know, I mean, did you think you were gonna win a CMA award?
Speaker 12: You know it's like, oh, no social media, no working in social media side of that.
Speaker 13: Yeah, no, yeah, a hundred percent. So I guess like Nashville is the thing that like spoke to me more than songwriting. And then I got here and met songwriters, and I was like, I think I'm a songwriter because I was always a writer, Like wrote in every way that I possibly could, you know, and whatever my hometown had to offer me, like your book, or I wrote for our small town newspapers in the summer, Like as a journalist, I would go to the city commission meetings and like write the copy for the newspaper. I just loved writing, very creative. So it makes sense now in hindsight. By the time I didn't really know.
Speaker 12: The Kansas Kids episode continues, Logan Mize is joined with me right now. Logan, you have been part of my life as a friend, as an artist, as so many different things.
Speaker 8: So it's really good to have you here.
Speaker 14: How are you good?
Speaker 2: Thanks for having me.
Speaker 12: At what point for you when you were growing up where you're like, Okay, I want to be an artist and I'm going to move away from here.
Speaker 14: Well, it wasn't that much of it, wasn't that clear of a decision. I was just like I couldn't never stick with anything, Like I was kind of a meandering idiot, honestly, but I and I wasn't like a great singer by any means that I had to like really work at that. But I loved music. I loved songs, and you know, I just a night out for me as a kid was like begging my parents to take me to Witch Talk so we could go to Blockbuster Music. And I don't know if you remember.
Speaker 15: That, Yeah, Blockbuster music, Blockbuster Music.
Speaker 14: I'm showing my age a little bit.
Speaker 12: I know there's like Blockbuster for DVDs, but Blockbuster music.
Speaker 14: There was a Blockbuster Music. See that's how much older I am than new Okay, So thirty nine. Full disclosure.
Speaker 8: That's only eight years. That's not that much.
Speaker 14: Okay, well it must have closed down at some point.
Speaker 1: It was it was amazing.
Speaker 14: First of all, you would go and to this big section and it was like the lighting was cool, and there was music posters everywhere, and there was rows and rows of CDs and you could go just you could find anything. And so I would beg my parents to take me. We'd go on a Friday night. I'd spend hours in there. And my parents like music too, so that was like what I loved, and I just I didn't know that I wanted to do music. I just that was where my heart was. But I couldn't stick with anything, you know, I couldn't stick with piano lessons. You know, I dropped out of three different colleges. I just was a mess. And that was the one thing that I always felt passionate enough about to where like I can stick with that.
Speaker 6: Carlone, she's a queen and talking, so she's getting really not afraid to feel the episode, so just let it flow. No one can do were quiet like carry line.
Speaker 16: It's so with Caroline.
Speaker 8: So your dad's a truck driver, he is, Yeah, he inspired your hats.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah.
Speaker 16: He he was one of the reasons that I started doing it, and Marcus as well. You know, Marcus is always wearing the feathers on his cowboy.
Speaker 17: Hat, and we needed base like trucker hat, yeah, and we.
Speaker 15: Needed to dress them up a little bit.
Speaker 16: That's I always found myself like kind of looking for a trucker that was just a little elevated.
Speaker 15: Agreed, you know, yes, yes, because they there's.
Speaker 16: Just a lot of them everywhere and now, and they're not always like the most meaningful things, and so I just I liked to have something that was a little bit nicer than like what I have on my head right now. This is but then again, I do be wearing this with like a damn ball gown.
Speaker 17: So this is your hat.
Speaker 16: This is no this is the guy that makes Marcus his guitars. Banker Banker handcrafted. Yeah, that mister banker custom on Instagram. But he just had a bunch of these, and I worked Everyone thinks I'm a banker, so we did work at a bank, right, So when I met Marcus's family, they were like, you know, even like my mom, just people from back home who haven't really like seen these you know, the big towers in the city, like in Charlotte, where people work in Bank of America. If you tell somebody I work at Bank of America, they're thinking like a teller or something like that. And so Marcus's family when we first met, they were like, oh, you know, Uncle Danny had a big amount of money go missing out of his account the other day. Do you think that you could, like, uh, you know, help him within that. And I'm like, I don't know how to tell you this, but I don't work at like a branch. I work from home, which is another foreign thing that my mom couldn't wrap her head around, was working from home a lot. But anyway, I I told his family, I'm like, no, I'm in like I'm in like acquisitions. So we're like, you know, taking over a company and banquifying them. And yeah, I'm not sure that I ever fully explained it to them, but hopefully Uncle Danny got his money back.
Speaker 17: I didn't.
Speaker 15: I was just like, I can't help in that department.
Speaker 18: I don't.
Speaker 8: I don't do that.
Speaker 16: I don't I don't touch the money, and thank God for it, because I'm a gold digger, you know, a gold digger.
Speaker 17: So you would think because of that, actually, you doing a banker hat would be fitting.
Speaker 16: Yeah, I like it.
Speaker 8: I mean the brand, Yeah, I love that.
Speaker 15: Yeah, this is one of the first ones that I was.
Speaker 17: Th say, you're a gold digger just because you're married to Marcus. Was he already like rocking when y'all met?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 15: Yeah, yeah he really was. Tell me he slid my DMS threw me a fire.
Speaker 17: How did he find you?
Speaker 15: I was I had gone to his concert.
Speaker 16: It was my It was my birthday that week, and so you know white girls under birthdays, they got to have a week full of events and so at the top of it, yeah, I think he was smack dab in the center.
Speaker 15: He might have even been on a Tuesday. O crunk on a Tuesday.
Speaker 17: Okay, so what year is this? How old were you?
Speaker 15: This is where twenty twenty one. I turned thirty that year, So.
Speaker 17: This was a big birthday week.
Speaker 8: M h and yeah, we're in Charlotte, Charlotte.
Speaker 15: And then we met in Raleigh the next night. He was like, can I take you to dinner?
Speaker 17: So how did he know you were at the show?
Speaker 15: I had posted a story.
Speaker 17: Oh and he saw himself taging it and he was like, man, that girl's.
Speaker 8: Cut and what did he say?
Speaker 7: So what?
Speaker 15: He just sent me a fire emoji?
Speaker 17: What is it like when you are at a show watching someone who you like just love their music.
Speaker 15: I wasn't even watching.
Speaker 8: I wasn't you were just having a great time.
Speaker 15: Yeah, how are you doing?
Speaker 16: I was hitting my pen and I was laid back on the lawn because I was in like the very very back of the lawn section. I was just watching the planes and things go.
Speaker 15: By and chatting with my friend, like, can you believe I'm thirty?
Speaker 17: I you know, are you feeling good about thirty?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Oh my good.
Speaker 15: Yes.
Speaker 16: Any anytime I meet someone that's like, oh my god, thirty, because you know, in the South, like you got to be like married by twenty five or at least that's that's how it is where I'm from. And uh, anytime I meet someone that's like, oh, you know, I thought I'd have my life together by thirty or that this that that that, I'm like, it's it was the best. Like I came into my own when I turned thirty. Now I did meet my husband that week, but I'm just like, yeah, how.
Speaker 17: Had you come into your own? I had change or shifted.
Speaker 15: I had my dream job.
Speaker 16: Hm, that was that was really you know where because my mom was is in finance and you know, worked for a long standing company like Bank of America.
Speaker 15: And so it's just a really good job I had.
Speaker 16: Like I'll said, I loved in the cutest part of Charlotte Dealworth and I thought, you know this is I can die happy. I've got a little tether in the backyard from my dog to run around the circles on and uh two bed, one bath.
Speaker 15: Yeah, it was just everything everything I'd ever wanted. And then here comes mister King.
Speaker 17: Were you ever thinking you'd be married to someone like creative like that? Or would you would you have thought you would have married someone like a banker?
Speaker 7: You know?
Speaker 16: The thing with me is is like I didn't ever have a type, so like all the men were very very different and different.
Speaker 15: Different career paths. Uh So I didn't really know what to expect.
Speaker 16: Honestly, I kind of accepted that it wasn't in the cards for me anytime soon.
Speaker 15: Like I was just like, I don't I don't need no man. I was making good money and I'm like, I don't need anybody to come wreck shop.
Speaker 16: You know I got a truth holding it down myself. Yeah, but I'm happy that it happened the way it did.
Speaker 4: Hey, it's Mike d and this week all Movie Mike's Movie Podcast, my wife Kelsey on and we broke down our best and worst movies that we've seen in theaters and streaming from the last thirty days, giving you recommendations on waste to save time and money on movies we think you should skip, and movies we.
Speaker 2: Think that you're going to absolutely love.
Speaker 4: I'll play you a little bit of this episode now of us talking about our best movies, but be sure to check out this full episode to hear all of our picks. But right now, here's just a little bit of Movie Mike's Movie Podcast. What was the best thing we watched in your opinion?
Speaker 18: As if you've enough to ask, the green lights behind my head didn't tell you it is wicked?
Speaker 4: Is it a movie that you've been thinking about every day since? Because that is my sign of oh that was a good movie.
Speaker 18: I think about it. I watched TikTok's about it. The soundtrack comes up on Spotify. I said that weird. Well, I was gonna say shuffle on Spotify.
Speaker 2: Suffle, Spotify, and you got that internet radio on your phone.
Speaker 18: Popular has been coming on Gracy Abrams Radio, so I have been listening Popular.
Speaker 2: So is it the popular from the movie or the popular from the musical?
Speaker 8: The movie?
Speaker 17: You know?
Speaker 18: I think about holding space for the lyrics of define Gravity about once a day. I want to go see it again. I tell other people to go see it. I ask people if they've seen it. So, yeah, it does consume a lot of my brain power.
Speaker 4: I did go back and I rewatched The Wizard of Oz when last weekend without me.
Speaker 2: I'll rewatch it again. I'll watch that movie every day. I love it. That like Saturday morning, I just started it.
Speaker 8: That's so rude.
Speaker 4: How is it rude watching a movie we've both seen. It's not like I rewatched it, watch it and I'll rewatch it again. We've both already seen it. It's not like we were I started a show without you.
Speaker 8: It's rude to rewatch a movie on Saturday morning when you know I sleep.
Speaker 4: I watched like two other movies in that time, so I was like, okay, i'll watch this one now. It's surprisingly shorter than I remember. I mean, it's like an hour and a half so it's a quick watch. But I did some research on that because Warner Brothers owns the rights to Wizard of Oz and it's not public domain until twenty thirty five, so that leads me to believe that they are building up towards remaking the Wizard of Oz because once it's public domain, it's free game for people to make it. I don't know if you can rebuy the rights to have it reset for another one hundred years. But who do you think should play Dorothy in a remaking of the Wizard of Oz? I started thinking about that, like who kind of fits?
Speaker 8: Advance warning about thinking about this shed put me on the spot right now.
Speaker 4: Okay, I feel like you would have somebody in mind because you really don't have to be I mean, Judy Garland could sing, but I almost feel at this point you don't have to be a singer you could have because I think that's kind of hard to find somebody at the level of like Brand Carpenter to Herbi Dorothy dire hair Brown. I was thinking like a Daisy Ridley, like.
Speaker 8: You're just gonna pick one of the Daisy's for everything right now?
Speaker 2: I just feel like you need somebody who already has like the hair.
Speaker 15: But I don't.
Speaker 8: I don't see Daisy Bridley in a whims Cool musical.
Speaker 2: Maybe she's a little bit too old for that role.
Speaker 18: Daisy Edgar Jones. I could, yeah, actually, because when she was doing the Twisters press tour, everyone's like, what's one thing people don't know about you? And she's like, I'm quite silly, and she's like in her mid twenties. I can see Daisy Edgar Jones.
Speaker 2: I'll go with my other Daisy, my backup busy.
Speaker 8: Which we did rewatch Twisters on Things Giving Now we.
Speaker 2: Did, and we blew up the air mattress and rewatched that movie.
Speaker 8: Great, great experience.
Speaker 18: Sometimes being an adults fun, Like just blow up the air mattress for me a cookie cake.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's nobody who can tell you not to.
Speaker 4: That was always something I wanted to do as a kid, like blow up an air mattress or create like a pillow for it and watch movies with in.
Speaker 1: I never did it.
Speaker 2: Now I've done it. It's fun.
Speaker 8: It's great.
Speaker 2: My best of the month for I wasn't done talking about Wicked. Oh you got more.
Speaker 18: I didn't even know who you didn't even let me finish you sidetracked on the remaking of the Wizard of Us.
Speaker 8: Okay, even if and I we did the review, I forgot already. We did that after we saw it.
Speaker 18: Even if you're not a musical person a theater person, go see it. It's so well done. I know people are like, this press tour they've done is wild, and I do admit it is strange to watch them cry in every interview, but you know what, they're proud of their work. It was an experience and I think they both should be proud of it because they're both phenomenal in it. And I think it's just so good. And even if you're like, wow, two and a half hours, it doesn't feel like it. I'm like another movie we're gonna talk about. So yeah, go see what I could.
Speaker 4: Got my good now, yes, all right? For my best of the month, I'm going with A Real Pain, which was a story with Kieran Colkin. You said it right time, okay, making sure and Jesse Eisenberg and I feel like that movie really hit me on an emotional level that I wasn't quite expecting.
Speaker 8: TikTok about that made me really sad.
Speaker 4: That I feel like Jesse Eisenberg's character in the movie Yeah, why to make you sad?
Speaker 8: Because you looked sad while talking.
Speaker 2: I didn't realize how emotional I was.
Speaker 8: You looked so sad you came home and I was like, do you need a hug?
Speaker 2: And I'm like why.
Speaker 4: See, sometimes when I do reviews, I just like I have to go off raw emotion. That is how I based a lot of my reviews. And that one we left the theater and I felt weird that something was so oddly specific to me in a movie about just like my personality and stuff I've been like dealing with, like my whole life. And I think when I sat down to record that review, I was like, this is gonna kind of feel like a therapy session because it's stuff I've I mean, I've talked to you about that, and maybe not in that explicit way, just because I just thought that was something that only I dealt with. But seeing somebody else go through that of just that feeling of like wanting to be more outgoing, wanting to connect with people more, and I was like, man, this movie just hit me and I didn't know how. I didn't really know what that movie was going to be about about their entire journey of like being close and then kind of being estranged, going back for a really dark reason after their grandma died, and then you have all the other emotions mixed in with why they are there going to that concentration camp, and just like, man, where's this movie going? But there's a also like some fun moments in it, some really good bonding moments, and I think it's characters, yeah, and it's yeah, like a really unique just blend of people. And it doesn't feel like a traditional movie in the sense that it's not like a this happens, therefore, this happens, Therefore this happens. Here's the rising act, here's the fault. It doesn't really follow that. It just felt like a movie about life. And I enjoy those movies every now and then. It's a nice little slice of life that you go through something from beginning to end. It's not so much that you follow this character's journey and they accomplish something amazing. It's just like you feel all these things. That was my best What what did you rate Wicked Again? You gave it a five out of five? I think so, I think you gave it a five out of five when we did it, because I gave it a four point five out of five because it was split into two for a real pain. I gave that one a four point five out of five, and so forth for the year, I have not given out a five out of five.
Speaker 1: That's Sunday Sampler, New episodes out weekly of all those shows, check out it's season two of In the Vets Office with Doctor Josie.
Speaker 10: I know you heard a clip of that.
Speaker 2: We go check that out.
Speaker 1: The two shows that I'm really proud of right now are in the Vets Office with Doctor Josie, and take this personally with Morgan Hulesman, who is also Morgan number two on our show. They do a great job. Go subscribe to their podcast if you don't mind. Subscribe, rate, review all the stuff that really helps us, and hopefully you found something you like there and hopefully we'll talk to you soon.