Speaker 1: The Nicky Glizer Podcast.
Speaker 2: Glaser, here's Nikky.
Speaker 1: Hello here, I am welcome to the show. It's Nicky Glazer Podcast. We are in Los Angeles live after the Creative Arts Emmys weekend here with us Brian in studio.
Speaker 3: The CES as they call them in Hollywood.
Speaker 1: That's not catchy. I couldn't even agrony in it. When I was like making an Instagram posts about it, I didn't even want to say what it was. I just didn't even do a hashtag because I was like, no one knows what this is, and it really diminishes what I was nominated for to the eyes of someone who doesn't know. It's just a separate ceremony because there's too many Emmys to hand out, so they kind of group all the ones that are like that's writing and documentary and reality and variety special I guess into this other.
Speaker 3: In fact, it's more than half of the Emmys are in the Creative Arts Emmys, and then you know, very few in the regular right. But it's kind of annoying when you're like, I was nominated for an Emmy and then you go, oh, so I'm gonna watch you on Sunday, and then no, not exactly.
Speaker 1: No. Also with us in the studio today is Andrew Collin.
Speaker 4: Hello, Hi, I like you Louis hat Oh yeah, yeah, I didn't see that.
Speaker 5: What was the park that we used to live by Forrest? Yeah, Forest Park, that golf course. I got this hat.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's waterproof. It's big time.
Speaker 5: I'm not trying to brag or anything, but you but water over. Yeah, it'll come right off.
Speaker 1: And you hear Chris Convey as well.
Speaker 3: Chris guys St. Louis had also, Oh, actually this is a Carlton. Yes, am left turns St.
Speaker 4: Louis Blu's sister team. Yes, that's that's how I feel. Yeah, I love all the Blues, Carlton Blues, Saint Louis.
Speaker 1: Blues, Carlton from Fresh Prints.
Speaker 4: That's right. I like him too. I can for the rest of his life. They've got you know, some of these teams in other countries, they have songs that's just like their team song, and what's their song. It's always very simple. Yeah, it's very silly. It's actually I love the team. It's a bad it's a bad song. It's just saying we are the Navy Blues. You know, you're not us and we this is who we are, but it is a US and we're the team that never lets you down. We're the only team old Carlton knows.
Speaker 5: Oh, and you're just like, well, it's so we're the you like us because we're the only.
Speaker 1: Translation from like a Maori tribe, like you know, like how it sounds like it's a poorly translated I think.
Speaker 3: One of they are the Navy Blues and then some kind of word that loosely means snow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but yeah, I think it's like one of those like forties fifties songs because it's good. It's like we are the Navy Blue who knows what the going on in our stark Navy Blues, where the team that never lets you down.
Speaker 5: We're the only team old Carlton knows.
Speaker 4: Just like it doesn't even right, Carlton is the name of the town.
Speaker 1: Oh that makes them stupid if that's the only team they know.
Speaker 4: That's what I mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's.
Speaker 4: Any other team. Yeah, they've heard of the teams. They're just saying like this is the only team they know that Carlton represents. But they're doing it in like an old fifties slang way. We're the only team Old Carlton knows.
Speaker 1: We have a lot to cover on the show today because this was a crazy weekend of the Creative Arts Emmys. As I said on Saturday night, Chris went with me. I brought my dad, Chris brought his mom. They are they are gone. They didn't die, but they left town. They I said on the podcast last week that we were going to parent trap them and then they'd fall in love with the siblings and then it would finally.
Speaker 4: Turn you on.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I did, Like how when you know, the night before we all left, my dad and your mom was like, well, we should hang out this weekend.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, because my Yeah, before we left, our whole families were together for my dad's show, and my mom was a little bit like, well, don't know what I'm going to do this weekend. And then your dad was also like, yeah we should, Yeah, you should hang out. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh is that going to happen or is that just a pleasant.
Speaker 4: That was a pleasure?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I did invite I wanted to make it up to my mom because I really did feel bad she missed out, so I was going to invite her. I did invite her to go see I'm going to see Gracie Abrams at the Greek Theater, which I've never been to the Greek Theater.
Speaker 3: Oh it's amazing, so much better than the Bowl.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: It's so much easier to get to the neighborhood. It's amazing, and it's a more intimate venue. You kind of have to like walk up through a residential neighborhood in order to get to the Greek.
Speaker 4: Wait didn't didn't? Did you go to Rob Thomas with me? Did I go to that alone?
Speaker 1: What you went too?
Speaker 4: So? Maybe I did it alone?
Speaker 1: Oh wait, why would you go see Rob Thomas by yourself?
Speaker 4: Well, because I had a show there the LGBT.
Speaker 1: Oh you're going to check out the.
Speaker 4: You know what that is? So yeah, I did the twenty fifth and I produced the twenty fifth anniversary of the LGBT Center in LA and then it was gonna be at the Greek and then Rob Thomas had a show like two weeks before, and I was like, I should see what this place is all about. Sure, and he was just cranking out.
Speaker 1: He has nothing, but he's just cranking out Center of Music.
Speaker 4: So I wasn't cheating. I was there for gay people.
Speaker 1: Wait what?
Speaker 5: No, like like he went alone, Like it was just a great excuse, Like you're not going to be like did he go with anyone else to the contry?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a great it's a great excer for games.
Speaker 1: This part of his gig is checking out venues and going to see like you're going to see someone coming up who you're going to go fly and see someone.
Speaker 4: Probably, But I'm also going to Miami, Okay, so you know what.
Speaker 1: Miami's always Oh yeah, you're going to Miami for Yeah, you just go and scout out places. You just like look around and go, what are we going to do here?
Speaker 4: Make possible?
Speaker 1: You're a very thoughtful person.
Speaker 4: The stage is there.
Speaker 1: But I'm going to go to the Greek to see Gracie Abrams, who I know I knew about because she opened for Taylor Swift Eras and a couple of shows that I saw, maybe the one we went to Noah to be honest, but I never see the openers because it's just too long of a night. But then I got into Gracy Abrams after. I'm so obsessed with her. She is JJ abrams daughter, but kind of nepotism I support and fully, you know.
Speaker 3: She was just given all the tools she needed to become good.
Speaker 4: I mean, the theory. JJ Abrams obviously one of the like musicians. He's like a wildly successful director and he's like pulling pieces of he's creative, he's doing a thing. So of course it makes sense that she's going to have kind of a mind for this thing.
Speaker 1: Right, and he probably just has like a hot wife.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So it's just everything sense. She is so good. I'm so obsessed with her new album.
Speaker 4: What kind of music is it?
Speaker 1: It's like kind of sounds like Lord, she's like a breathy, amazing voice, but it's like very lyrical and it's a lot of Rix. Like I'm trying to learn these songs and it's like almost like learning rap. It's so fast.
Speaker 4: What's the song that's like the first single that's like out there?
Speaker 1: Well? Us was the one that she did with Taylor Swift that I've been singing and you keep going. Is that a vocal exercise because it's like uh uh and I just like I'm singing he was Is that like an exercise for doing I'm like no, but it could be. And then there's another. I mean, she just has so many I love you I'm sorry. Tough Love is the one that I'm like binging right now and I can't get enough of so Rich.
Speaker 4: I would have no career without him. Her best song is lens Flair.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I yesterday was just like, you know what, I want to see her live? Like why just like narrow myself into this, like only seeing Taylor Swift. I got a broad my horizons aerostaurs.
Speaker 3: I mean, you see a lot of concerts with different people, though I do, but.
Speaker 1: I don't usually like seek them out, like I'm usually brought along.
Speaker 4: Just like a new artist. Yes that opened for Tailor.
Speaker 3: Yes, who?
Speaker 1: I know her album because I listened to Taylor Swift featuring on a song and that's what happens. I put on us and I listened to it, and then the album kept playing, and I'm like texting and kind of like distracted on my phone because I never listened to new music unless I'm like distracted doing something else. And then I'm like, wait, this song is really good. And then but I'm like, I'm truly I think she's really incredible and I love every single song. That album is insane, and so it's called the Secret of Us is the album and so I'm going. I bought two tickets for Wednesday night, and I asked Matt Rogers from Less Culturistays to go because he loves Grazy Apram. I was like, who loves Gracy Abrams. I don't know anyone yet, who know who does? I'm sure people I know like her, but I just don't know. But Matt's in New York. And then I asked my mom and that was the thing. I was like, Oh, I'll fly you out here just for Wednesday night and Thursday night and then you can leave Friday. And she was like, I she's just too injured right now. Her like Mac hurts too much. It's like, so sad, I just like focusing on you don't know Chris Nod He's she got X rays on it and they can't find anything. It's one of those mysterious things where it's like weird, No, it's been this has been going on for years, Like she has this quiet pain that she can't complain about because it's like she's complaining about something that seems phantom and like it's it's She's just at the point where she's not even talking to about it anymore. Can you just hear go like just have those moment because there's just nothing to do about it, Like, and she can't tease too much ad because she doesn't want to like damage her liver. So she's just like she can't sleep at night. If anyone knows about it, she thinks there's like something internal where it's like a pinched thing. Like if anyone has any adviceive or what to do. I've sent her to manual therapy doctors that Joe Buck recommended that are like athletes people that they go to acupuncture. She tried, it didn't work, like different pillows. She can't sleep. I mean, she's just as so you know, as I've talked on the podcast before, she just I'm like, I will throw money at anything that will make this better. I'll figure it out. My insurance doesn't cover that, Nick, and I'm like, I don't care, Like twelve hundred dollars to me is not that's me any favors by letting me keep that money. And you having a bad.
Speaker 4: Neck, well that's one of the You have like three things that you want money for. You want to eat ubers, eat ubers any for every meal if you have to. Yeah, right, Taylor, swift tickets and then making sure your family's like healthy.
Speaker 1: Happy, and she won't take me up on it. So anyway, she's going to physical therapy this week and she passed me up on the offer, which is nice. But then so I have I think Carlile's going to go with me, which'll be fun. She hasn't written back, but I can't assume she doesn't want to. It'll be so fun. And Carlo, you weren't my third choice. I mean you were, but do you understand like the how it got to that Carlottle doesn't know Crazy Abram so why would she be first on my first of I listen with someone who actually likes crazy birds? And then second on my list was someone who's been disenfranchised by me bringing my dad last week and this was a little left out. And then now Carlyle is.
Speaker 3: The first person, first friend that you're asking without any sort of excuse to ask her.
Speaker 1: I just want to hang out with just to hang yes, I just and I think she will be into the music, So that is Mickey.
Speaker 4: I love Gracie so much.
Speaker 1: I would love to go. Are you kidding me? So? Yeah, that'll be fun. So I'm going to that, and then but then, and then we have a million Grammys parties or Grammy Emmy's parties. I'm already manifesting Grammys for what I.
Speaker 4: Don't know.
Speaker 1: For yeah, oh yeah, but I don't think it was that our song was not nominated for an Emmy, which I can't even believe.
Speaker 4: My mom did a lot of complaining this weekend about why Someday You'll Die isn't getting played on the radio, and I was like.
Speaker 1: Because there's no clean version, and she goes, I don't remember hearing any curse words in it, and I was like, there's an extended one. Fucking great. Yeah, but that was really sweet. But I lost this weekend, by the way. I did not win an Emmy. I lost to Dick Van Dyke, which steals my thunder.
Speaker 4: He hasn't put out anything in years. You still get you can't.
Speaker 5: It's such a weird category though, where it's like three stand ups and then.
Speaker 4: Really Joel, you ever know h Dave Chappelle, Nikky Blazer, Billy Joel, Dick Van Dyke. Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: I was front row at the Emmys. I presented for Best Animation and Best Voiceover. That was a whole process figuring out what to say for that. Thank you so much to Brian for your help with that script.
Speaker 4: It looks good. Did it go well?
Speaker 1: Jimmy Kimmel wrote me and said it was very funny.
Speaker 4: The jokes went well, I mean, yeah, it's.
Speaker 5: Not an easy those rooms are they're not built for Okay, yeah, because it's another thing that's really stupid about the ces is that you do them a week before they actually can be seen by anybody.
Speaker 4: Everyone can just look up the list of the winner.
Speaker 1: It airs, but you're just tuning in to see the bits.
Speaker 4: Well you shouldn't.
Speaker 3: They should air like every other Yeah, you see, you're watching to see who wins and now everybody who who won?
Speaker 4: But man, it's gonna air next week before the regular ends.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: It is torture to get through the evening to like, you know, and it's great. Everybody deserves credit and yeah.
Speaker 1: But there's a lot. There's one award that goes for like merit in documentary filmmaking. Yeah, I'm like, isn't that what all of this should be about?
Speaker 3: Is merriat Hollywood runs on niceties and that's not that's nothing new.
Speaker 1: What you're also runs on thinking you're better than everyone else and everyone being like you have to be nice, but you also have to be like untouchable and have people want to be friends with you. So it's like I always forget whether I should be like a stone cold like killer and kind of like like, for example, on the red carpet, like I I always want to do like a jay. I saw j Loo at the Toronto International Film Festival, like her shots this weekend from that, and she's making this face like like powerful and like stern, and like just there's no like glowy, happy, smiley, like girly moment for her, and she just looks like badass and like almost like an assassin, you know. And I'm like, that's so cool. I want to do that, And so I'm doing that on the red carpet, and then I go, people are gonna think that. People is gonna think I'm mean or something. I have to smile, and so then I have to like smile and be like and then that doesn't fit with my look. And I'm like I'm constantly toggling between those two, like feeling like a badass and also being like totally nice and approachable, but.
Speaker 4: You're also a comedian.
Speaker 3: So anything that you do that's viewed as sincere will be viewed as well. It'll be mocked, or it'll be viewed as a bit. And if you don't undercut yourself with a bit, then you'll be mocked.
Speaker 4: We tried being ninety eight in a wheelchair on yourself. So maybe.
Speaker 1: I was terrified that I was going to win because I saw him there. You I really did. I I'm not joking you. I know this sounds like I'm just being like kind or something. It's not like I just felt bad that we had a ninety eight ninety nine maybe at this point your old man sitting front row for a three and a half hour ceremony, Yeah, in which they're.
Speaker 5: Way around there for a year. They just do to show around his body. I've heard I read that that's true.
Speaker 1: And he made a joke at the end of his speech where he was like, I'll see you all at my funeral, when everyone was no, and it's like, wait, he's gonna, yeah, we all know he's gonna. He's not immortal, you know that, right, Like, why are we groaning? It's a real thing. I loved that realness that he brought to it. He was he danced. That was so cool. But I really just was like I was panicking after I saw that he was there, Yeah, because I was like, I do not want to win this and have him getting all the way here getting dressed in a tux together.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't be surprised if he was told that he was gonna win, Like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think they do that. You don't think they do No, I really don't think they do that. I don't think anyone knows anything.
Speaker 4: It was Billy Joel. There, no Billy Joel.
Speaker 1: But you know what I will say, I knew he was gonna Dick van Dyke was gonna win because Fisher Stevens was presenting something else earlier in the night, and he just goes, oh my god, Dick van Dyke is here. And the second he said it, the entire place, which is filled with Emmy voters, Yeah, immediately, without question, stands up and is giving applause, hooting and hollering like like a Can's type or can Film Festival type round of applause, like eight minutes long. And I'm just like, there's no way anyone passed by this man's name with the number ninety eight.
Speaker 4: Next to next to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like Dick Dike alone, I think maybe I would have had a chance. But the title of the thing was reminding you.
Speaker 4: How old he will die if he don't.
Speaker 1: But I also had a plan for if I did win, what I would say I was gonna say because I wrote my friend Bob as I'm sitting in the seat like I need a line about Duke van.
Speaker 5: Dyke, like enjoy hell Dick something like that, something like relax.
Speaker 1: So I'll tell you what I was going to say after we get my funus break.
Speaker 3: You know, my favorite Australian team is what the Tasmanian jack Jumpers. They're a basketball team?
Speaker 1: Is it pa? Jump us?
Speaker 3: P a an Australian accident?
Speaker 1: And aren't jumpers sweaters? Sweaters?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: Is that right?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Jump?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: Well, in this instance, I think it literally means mascots.
Speaker 1: Well, Pepperdine waves.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, the Pepperdine waves. That was crazy. Did you get that one?
Speaker 1: Really? There was one who got like gas one day on f Boy Islands. I was like, what do you think the mascot is for Pepperdine?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And we all day long.
Speaker 4: We are guessing two lane.
Speaker 1: Speaking of guessing, we're back by the way.
Speaker 3: Speaking of guessing, Oh green Wave damn.
Speaker 1: Last night, I wanted to do a fun guessing game with my friends because I was like, yes, I'm gonna give you twenty questions. I did it on girls Chat.
Speaker 2: I would have never guessed it.
Speaker 1: I dropped by girls CHET, and I was like, I knew most of you didn't know, but I knew, like some of you, your questions might help the other girls who do know this person get to it. But I was like, twenty questions. Guess who DMed me and said they're a big fan and that they're go and they're coming to my show tomorrow night to say, Oh my god. First of all, it's very I said yes or no question, Like everyone knows have twenty questions, right, it's yes or no questions. But I just said that in case people didn't know my girls CHET does not know what a yes or no question is. Does this person do mostly indie films or are they doing more like action thriller?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I kept being like yes or no questions. And then Carlisle already knew because I told her at lunch, and I didn't feel like it was necessary for me to say Carlisle don't play, because why would she if she already knows. But she was like I think I know.
Speaker 4: And then she got.
Speaker 1: And she's like she didn't say, but she kept saying like that, that's really good. Oh you said actress. Nikki said actress, And I didn't know she acted, but I guess she does that too. And I go, here comes Carlisle with a clue, and then she kept dropping clues. I'm like, stay out of this. I was really like adhering to this like strict rule of twenty questions, but it turned into not fun at all. You can tell me. They were just like just tell us I was trying. I was just trying to bring entertainment to three girls that are either pregnant with children or just newly with babies at home, who are bored and rocking a cradle. I mean, I don't know what I picture, but like you're just like looking at your phone. You're kind of like alone. Like I'm just want to bring a game play to this.
Speaker 4: There are two types of people in this world.
Speaker 1: I ended up apologizing. I'm like so sorry.
Speaker 3: There are two types of people in this world. There are people who like guessing, and there are people who hate guessing, they're so riot.
Speaker 1: What are you guys? I like a guessing game.
Speaker 4: I'm probably not like a guess.
Speaker 5: It depends on the question, you know what it's like. It depends on the game, like on how hard it is to figure out.
Speaker 1: Someone says to you, you know what I mean news and I have bad news. What do you want first? Who in the hell would ever want the good news first? Who would?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: In fact, I want the bad news and not the good news at all.
Speaker 1: I want to linger all, have it completely destroy any.
Speaker 4: What are you would you would you rather do against one's good?
Speaker 1: Oh? Guessing on? I want to have fun. I want anticipation. I like Christmas, Eve, I don't like Christmas. I want build up like I like the sports also, and I like competitions. Yes, yes, I'm a.
Speaker 4: Guess er too. Well, you're not that way in crossword puzzles.
Speaker 1: Crossword puzzle, because my feelings so much.
Speaker 4: I'll try to lead Nikki into a clue because.
Speaker 1: Then I feel like I'm cheated. If it were the game to guess like that, then I would love to play. But because you're giving me clues, it's it's ruined the whole puzzle. For me. I can't say that I actually completed it because I was hated, So I'd rather you just give me the answer because it's moot already because I cheated.
Speaker 4: Which the answer was, that makes sense. It was always moved. What do you see?
Speaker 2: Brian and Andrew can ask you questions, try to guess.
Speaker 1: And then can we just bleep out the name? Because I don't want to say who it is. I don't want to be that type of person, but I'll tell you off air. But it was it wasn't It was just a perfect person to kind of guess.
Speaker 4: We can play that game. Why can't we be bleep it? Is that just too rude to the audience?
Speaker 1: Okay, we can believe it because I think the at home audience will play too. Yeah, okay, let's play.
Speaker 4: Is it a guy?
Speaker 1: No? You guys both conjured.
Speaker 4: There's no way I told that. He would have taken me two hundred years, two hundred years, five hundred guesses before I would have got to this person data famous directory. Wait wait, wait, so it's a it's a woman a musician?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: Is it an actress?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: Okay, an actress movies?
Speaker 4: Yes, she older than fifty?
Speaker 1: No, great, question.
Speaker 2: Yeah, these are really good.
Speaker 3: Question actress in movies? Who's younger than fifty?
Speaker 1: Because this is what happened on girls Chat. They just asked are they an actress? And then they just start is it this person? Is it this person? I'm like, well, this isn't fun. Then it's like the there are twenty questions you're accounting. I know you don't realize I.
Speaker 5: Am No, Oprah isn't coming to Oprah Murphy's dead?
Speaker 1: How is are we resurrecting her and bringing her in ash form?
Speaker 4: Is it a dramatic actress?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yes, yes, Okay?
Speaker 4: Has she uh? Has she been anything in the last year?
Speaker 1: I'm sure, but I don't know.
Speaker 4: So in a movie in the last year? Is that kind of the questions? You don't know?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Is the answer to that qu That means, would she be in a movie that Andrew and I would have seen?
Speaker 4: No? Oh, well she white?
Speaker 3: Yes, she's a white Is she between the ages of twenty and thirty?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Okay? Is she popular on social media?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: Oh, she's actually not between the age of twenty?
Speaker 1: She isn't she isn't You're right, No, she's not.
Speaker 4: Okay, So she just turned wait, wait, how old is she?
Speaker 3: She's like a thirty year old movie star who has a big following on social media.
Speaker 4: She's a white woman, she's thirty thirty is is and she does dramatic roles.
Speaker 1: It is okay, yeah, I'm gonna gi heints, but you're gone.
Speaker 4: I'm We're just like totally blonde hair.
Speaker 1: Yeah sometimes no, No, I wouldn't say blonde blonde.
Speaker 3: Wait a second, there's I have You don't have it? No, No, I have something though. There's an app. Everyone all the besties need to know about this app.
Speaker 1: What is it?
Speaker 3: It's a super fun app, but it only is fun for about a couple of weeks. Then you're sick of it and you're like, why is it still on my phone. It's called the Ya. It's called Riah. Yeah, you can meet people that are celebrities. It's called Acinator VIP. Actually I think I paid for it. That's why it's VIP, so you can get the regular Acnator And basically it's like twenty questions and you can ask it twenty questions and it will every single time.
Speaker 1: Well, well it will ask you twenty questions about a thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it will ask the twenties.
Speaker 1: And every single time it'll get it, it'll get you want to play.
Speaker 4: That's right, I think.
Speaker 1: I think, yeah, oh my god, let's use the Acnator.
Speaker 3: We can use the Acnator.
Speaker 1: Okay, how do you spell acnators?
Speaker 4: That's the thing. It has to be clay ache and for it to work.
Speaker 3: No, it's a K I N A T O R like aator.
Speaker 4: Okay, looks like a genie.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just love that you spend money on this.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I spent fifty dollars a month. You need a gym memberships. You got aator? Okay? So question number one? Is your character a girl?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 1: Has your character it already knows it's a character? Well, is that what it's guessing? It's only for characters.
Speaker 3: No, No, it's for real people too. Unless I don't know what this is.
Speaker 1: Okay. It could it be for a thing, like if it was like a head lamp, like, could it guess?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: No, I think it's got to be a person. Has your character really existed they're a real person?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 3: Is your character from your family? Does your character create music?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: Is your character a famous YouTuber?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: You can also say, probably, probably not, or don't know. Does your character personally know you? I think for the sake of the ach and edder, we should say no. Is your character an actor?
Speaker 4: Yes? Is your character from a TV series?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 4: Yes? Is your character blonde? Depends, but sometimes I don't think.
Speaker 3: I don't know. Does your character live in India?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: Okay, got to eliminate that. That's a billion billion people. Is your character no? Is your character over twenty one years old?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 4: Is your character more than forty years old? Is your character American?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: No, shit, I can go I can go back.
Speaker 1: You can.
Speaker 4: Okay, No, not American?
Speaker 1: I thought they were.
Speaker 4: Is your character British?
Speaker 1: Yes, right, Chris.
Speaker 3: Does your character play in Harry Potter?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: Has your character ever had their head shaved?
Speaker 4: I mean that's pretty close. Interesting.
Speaker 1: Wait, well you just type in that person's name plus head shaved.
Speaker 5: She wasn't in Harry Potter because I could see that Emma Watson.
Speaker 2: But the answer is yes.
Speaker 1: The answer is very much yet they've had Is your character from Stranger Things? No?
Speaker 4: Oh no, no, it's not sure, not even at all. Did they guess a movie already? No? Okay, is the character from Stranger things.
Speaker 1: No, Harry Potter, but that's a no, all.
Speaker 3: Right, Harry Potter. Is your character married in a TV series?
Speaker 4: I would say, don't know. I don't know. I don't think the one I saw. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Is your character linked to a superhero?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: Does your character have kids?
Speaker 1: How many questions are we at here? Does it?
Speaker 4: We said?
Speaker 3: We said, don't know for a few of them, so technically it's a twenty two, but we said, I don't know for we're approaching.
Speaker 1: Then.
Speaker 4: Does your character have a long name?
Speaker 1: Yes? Hold on, kind of, don't you think.
Speaker 4: Ish? Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the superhero? Yes?
Speaker 4: Well, okay, she was a link to it?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yes, the answers yes, fuck.
Speaker 3: Okay, yes, links to a superhero. Is your character from Black Widow?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: Is your character related to Marvel?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 3: Is your character in love with someone of the same gender. Does your character have long hair? No?
Speaker 4: I don't know. Probably not.
Speaker 1: I don't know where it stands right now.
Speaker 4: I mean she's all over the place. Is your character linked with the color orange?
Speaker 1: No, I don't think so.
Speaker 3: Has your character been associated with the Batman franchise?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 3: Is your character from DC Comics?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 3: Does your character appear in the first season of.
Speaker 4: A show, of A of A just a show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think so?
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, is this is their guest they have the guests?
Speaker 4: Is the character Aaron Richards? I beat what's the name start with?
Speaker 1: I will say, we'll tell you off air, but is way enough cluse? Stumped? No, I don't know, but yeah, so anyway, paid well, I wanted to do. No, that's that would be fun otherwise and I bet you won't even recognize the name an extremely famous person. They have more Instagram followers than I could ever dream of having. They have like the amount of like an international soccer store.
Speaker 4: She married brother.
Speaker 1: All right, so game over loved it? Okay, So I wanted to do a thing. I sent Noah like a list yesterday from my I took notes over the weekend of just like moments that I wanted to maybe talk about on the podcast. But they're written down like I did not double check them before I sent them to her. They're just like, you know, non sequitor thoughts that of moments that happened that I wanted to talk about in the pod. So I'm gonna let Noah just choose from that list, and I might not even want to talk about someone things because they just kind of like occurred to me in the moment. But we'll see, we'll see as we go. So these are I just sent you a note. I don't there literally could be anything in that note because okay, my notes are not organized at all.
Speaker 2: I would like to start with the moment when you hand the person the award.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, so no one talks about this, but when you're presenting you you think so much about like what I'm gonna say, How is it gonna be funny? How do I honor this category? Well? So making fun of it because like, these people are about to win an award for like their life's work. You don't want to be like, this is the dumbest thing you could Like, you don't want to So I was giving out for animation, so it's like I wanted to make fun of animation and make fun of like their nerds making it. But I also like, I'm about to hand this thing to a person I just roasted. It's like very delicate. So much thought goes into that. But you I've never once prepared for the moment. I've done this a couple of times now when the person comes up and gets the award. What you're supposed to do when it's someone like Maya Rudolph, who I handed it off to this past weekend, who I've never met, who I'm a fan of, who I'm just excited to meet, and I don't know if I'm supposed to hug them and be like congratulations. And so it was a really awkward moment with me and my root off because I was like, because I like went for a hug, and she kind of went for it, and I was like, nice to meet you, congratulate like I wanted to say so much, but it was just so incredibly awkward. And I keep stumbling upon these moments in my career where like I think I have every like everything planned for, like this can't possibly go wrong, and then there's something that I'm like, oh this, no one told me what to do for this. I don't have a playbook for me.
Speaker 4: What did you say? Because I always think it's it's so weird, like Lucy Lou is giving out an award and then you just take an award from Lucy Lou and ignore her, like then she like gets out of the spotlight and it's Lucy Lou and you're just like, here, I'll take it. And then you're just like you don't even acknowledge.
Speaker 3: If it wasn't Lucy Lou but just handed you this stay that Lucy Lou is like a part of your life now.
Speaker 4: Andy Emmy, then hug or do you hug?
Speaker 1: You don't don't hug. That is my new rule. You do not hug. I could give Taylor Swift an award and I don't get to huger it if they have so little time to like talk. I don't want to take anything from that. I don't want to make this moment about me being like I just wanted when my Rudolph walks up, I wanted to just acknowledge what a star she is and how I am like I'm not worthy, Like thank you for all your work comedically, that's very inspiring, but also not take away from that moment. So it was just an awkward moment. And she was a little bit sure. I'm sure she was like, how do I handle this girl that's like kind of guffawing in this way. It was just so I felt so dumb. I was standing at the side. No, I was just like, I love you so nice, nice to meet you, and like I went to hug and it was like I was like, oh my god, everyone just witnessed me being so awkward. But also I was like whatever, it was just who I am, Like there was nothing, you know, fake or performative about it.
Speaker 3: It was like a rare no moment after backstage no because.
Speaker 1: I presented three in a row. So she walks off after her speech and I walked back to the microphone to deliver the next one, and then.
Speaker 4: That feel like you learned from the first, like did it get better?
Speaker 1: The next two people person was someone I and recognize because they were the team from Blue Samurai, So I didn't have any like, oh my god, thank you for your work the next but I did. I just said congratulations.
Speaker 4: That's the next time.
Speaker 1: I'm just gonna say congratulations and hand it and then let them have their moment because I was just like, I just there's I'm just constantly surprised that there's still moments that I just are blind spots for me. The I'm like, how did I not think of what I would do when this moment happens, or even when I was at the SPI's and I knew that none of the people that were nominated were there and someone was gonna pick it, like pick it up for them on their behalf, and I had met Andy Reid backstage. He was not a part of the lineup at all on the show, so obviously he was there to pick it up for Patrick Mahomes who was gonna win, even though I didn't know Patrick was gonna win? How did I not prepare a moment which and ended up being a good moment because I saw Andy Reid, I'm like, oh my god, like as he walks out, so I have this genuine moment, but it was still like I wasn't. I'm like, why did I not think? Like I think we all have moments like this where you're like, how did I not think of this, Oh my god and prepare myself for this at all.
Speaker 4: Andy Reid was super present in that moment because when he took the award, he was like, uh oh, do you remember what he said?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I'm glad you didn't dismantle me dismantle.
Speaker 1: We talked about it's the coolest word choice ever. He must have that app I talked about last week that teaches you new words.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, next up, I have been staring at them all show nails.
Speaker 1: No one's complimented my nails since I've gotten them, noah, unless I except you, without me asking for it to be, like, look at my nails. No one has on their own noticed my nails and said anything which leads me to believe my hypothesis about nails is true. It's a waste of our time. It doesn't get us anything in this world.
Speaker 3: I want to say, I did notice your nails, and my initial thought was cool nails, and then I didn't say it because I don't think I've ever complimented anything visual about about most women. Okay, but I dispect I did note the nails, and I was like, oh, those are cool names.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, I don't even think that compliment plus even thirty more would make nails worth it for me because I got medium gel X, which was recommended to me medium length gel X, which is recommended to me by Danny, my stylist, And they do look amazing. They do make me feel so feminine. I look at my hands and I'm like, I'm a real woman, or like I just don't feel attached to them in that way. I'm like, who's this woman? That's with me, And but I will say they disable you. And I'm using that term obviously as a joke, because I don't not ascribing myself that, like I know.
Speaker 3: It's it's pretty similar to like being in a wheelchair.
Speaker 1: I can't type anymore. Ca well, I'm not playing guitar. I don't have my guitar with me on this strip, and I'm gone for three weeks. So I was like, oh, this will be perfect. I can't play guitar anyway. And but noah, you've played guitar with nails like this like this to me, and it burned when it put it on it like I wrote to Danny, and I go, why does it feel like my nail beds are being literally burned? Like it felt like it was a split second before you go, ah, like that's how much pain it was, and then it goes away. It's just two seconds of it. Is it heat it to put them on.
Speaker 3: Those types of nails too often or else your regular nails become.
Speaker 1: Wee O, don't I know it? Even gel nails, which is a lesser degree of this. But these are actually fake plastic ones that I've had put on. They don't snag on my hair, which was my biggest worry. They are super cute, they are strong. I cannot dig through clothes in my bag.
Speaker 2: Say, how do you go through your bag? Because I had my nails done for my wedding and I was like, I cannot do anything anymore.
Speaker 1: You can't lift fabrics, you can't dig through laundry looking for things because your your nails are the ones that grip the stuff and then the nails pull back on the bed and.
Speaker 5: Then you feel sexier, thought like you I felt.
Speaker 1: But they are honestly, I know girls learn how to type with them. I saw a girl yesterday and she had long nails, and I go she was just checking me out at Starbucks and I was like, I was like, do you have any advice for typing with nails or like getting by? I was like, when does it go away? When does it become easier? And she was like, oh, it takes like about a week and then you all of your like typing adjusts. I'm wait, I'm probably seventy percent better than I was the day I got these on texting, but so many misspelled things. Everything takes longer today. I had to write, like you know, I'm interviewing that celebrity that I talked about last week, and I had to send in my pre questions today and that required me to like write Eron richards On, I'm interviewing.
Speaker 4: Got it again?
Speaker 1: I end up type on a laptop and it is that is nearly impossible. Noah, do you find it that is impossible to type on a laptop.
Speaker 2: I thought typing on the phone was way harder because I had to like roll my finger and do it like on the sides.
Speaker 1: Oh see, phone for me has been a little bit easier, but still tough. It is. It is not I.
Speaker 5: Didn't notice it yesterday. I did notice on my lunch and I go, oh, you're at the m I connected it with them, like you were dressed up.
Speaker 1: But I just think it's buying me enough to make it worth it that everything in my life is slowered out. I have to ask all the men to open cans for me and like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, maybe don't need it on my earrings.
Speaker 1: I can't do my own necklace like I like to be. I can't strap my own bra like there's little things.
Speaker 3: In every fashion choice that society has given women makes them incapacitated.
Speaker 1: I mean, heels, and nails just.
Speaker 4: Walking around you walk, it's just a make it easier to catch them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you gottat a skirt, you gotta watch your underwear stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, wearing a skirt, you constantly have to worry about crossing your legs or like bending over what you could be exposing your bra.
Speaker 5: Anytime a girl takes a bra off at the end of the day, it's like, oh, that's another thing.
Speaker 1: Can I talk about nipples for a second, because on Girls Chat, Carlisle was saying, like, I want to get one of those skins bras that has like the fake nipple like in it, because I think that's like a really cool look. And I'm like, oh my god. I have been very mindful, very demure about not showing my nipples, Like I can't wear bras that aren't a little bit of padding because the nipple will show through. And it is so sexual to see a nipple, even if you're wearing like a track suit, to see nipple underneath is suggestive. And like one time when we were all hanging out with our families at my dad's show, I wore like a dress that had and then a bra that was just like a bralette. You know, just want like a just one piece of fabric over your bra. And I was not wanting to be sexy at all. It was like a crew neck dress, like a cotton thick crew neck dress that no, but my nipples were out and I felt suggestive. I felt like sexual. I felt like a harlot. I felt like shame. And then this past time, I wanted to wear the same braw because it's more comfortable, but I was like, I can't because it's too sexual. And it just makes me sad that like you can't, like I can't even imagine buying a bra that would actually actively show nipples because I feel so indecent and I wish I didn't feel that way. But how do you guys feel about when you see nipples through shirt?
Speaker 4: When I see nipples, how do I feel?
Speaker 1: I mean like, isn't something you trash?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you see nipples. You can't not look at nipples. You can look.
Speaker 3: Men get nipples too, I mean they if when I was growing up, I was in middle school and you could see my nipples through my T shirt, it would be days over for me.
Speaker 4: It's a wrap for you, You're gonna get bullied all day.
Speaker 5: Really, Yeah, it depends how big the tits are. To be honest, I think if the tits are huge and you also see nipple, it's a it can for a guy you get more. But there's plenty of women that go no broad that have little tits and you see their nipples and it doesn't because it's closer to guys tits.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, I would agree. I would agree. That's true everybody to me, and that's I don't.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean. Probably goes back to the affect you won't talk.
Speaker 1: To a girl about.
Speaker 4: It's just.
Speaker 1: I mean, noah, do you feel comfortable when you have cleavage or when you have nipples showing like, I don't like men in your life in a weird position when you're like you have like your guy friends and they're like seeing you at a sexual light, Like I don't like to be sexual looking in front of my friends. Yeah, I don't have that vibe with I agree.
Speaker 4: So you want to see you? Sorry? Sorry, go ahead.
Speaker 2: Usually, I mean I have small boobs, so usually my guy friends will make eye contact with me. So now that like my boobs are bigger, I have a little bit of cleavage. I definitely noticed when the eyes go down and it's really uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: So I honestly, I know this is the most patriarchy. Like Nikki, you're part of the problem, Like, don't feel this way, but I feel bad to distract men.
Speaker 4: I know, like you're very aware of. Yeah, the way what you are putting out there, I.
Speaker 1: Don't want anything because I in middle school, they didn't let us wear tank tops because we were distracting the boys, and that.
Speaker 4: Was they would say that, right.
Speaker 1: I literally said that it distracts the boys, And you're making it so the boys can't learn and achieve what they need to achieve because of your body. And that really stuck with me. And I'm not trying to say anything controversial. It's kind of true, but it's not my fault.
Speaker 3: We're trying to raise these boys to be businessmen.
Speaker 4: They're trying to be business CEOs. Yeah, it is true.
Speaker 5: But if I see a teacher with like a giant hog and their pants and gets it's tough to pay attention to, like a big dick can fuck with your brain.
Speaker 1: Get distracted by women's tits like it distracts women trugous.
Speaker 5: We're looking at a girl's nipples and an ex girlfriend got angry, but I was looking. You can't not look at nipple. It's not like sometimes it's not sexual though. You can look at a nipple and it's like singer Allion in the jungle. Yeah, there's a look the eye. Yeah yeah, I'm just staring at it because I want to fuck her.
Speaker 4: That's right, That's right, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: That's right, And I'm going to.
Speaker 4: I'm going on top of this. Is what she has better tis Yeah, that's what I told her, and she was like, weird about it. I don't know what it is, but okay.
Speaker 1: Let's go to break and come back with more things from my list and we're back. Chris, I saved a moment. You were talking about something before the pod. Yes, and I wanted to get to it. I said, save it for the potum was the party, party people.
Speaker 4: I was meeting, party people, meeting party.
Speaker 1: Meeting a lot of globes. Who did who I wanted? Who I was most excited about? That's what I met.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, well yeah, Nicky's made so many awards shows lately. They can't even came from straight.
Speaker 4: Nikky doesn't want to go to like so we you know, we went to the Emmys last year, and like we there's these events that Nikki either presents at or is up for whatever, and she never wants to go to the after parties. She doesn't want to do the things. And at the Emmys, like you know, she wasn't really that excited to be there. She was there because like her dad was there, my mom was there, and we were like showing them a good time. But you knew that there's a few things that Nikki was after and one after party at the after at the after party, oh yeah, well food made coke, getting out of the shoes and the kids from Love on the Spectrum, Oh yeah. She just wanted to talk to like the producers of anything. She just want to hobnob with directors who could put her in things she doesn't want to. She only wants to.
Speaker 1: Talk to happy to do that. Let me be honest, Like if you come up to me and you want to talk, I'll talk to you, and you will, but I'm not I'm not seeking it. I know I should. I know I should be networking and these are great opportunities for that, but it is it's a little exhausting, and I put so much effort into that day preparing for this, Like I was tired by the time. I wrote all day and I was in hair and makeup and there was a dilemma with my dress and that was really stressful. And then I had to go get my nails done and they burnt my fingers and I can't type anymore, and and it was just like it was a lot, and so by the time we got there, I was just kind of like, I just want to like kind of sit up. And I had a headache the whole fucking day and I never had it. I never get headaches in a while.
Speaker 4: The people that you want problem, oh god, antique road show guys.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, I love on the Spectrum maters.
Speaker 4: People.
Speaker 5: You're in the fakest city at the FAKEUS event. And these people can't be fake. They are themselves. They're as real as possible.
Speaker 1: And I felt like I knew them because they were part of documentaries which really showed this like human side to them, and I knew that they wouldn't be Yeah, I just well, I was just excited because I'm just fans of them. So I got to meet Abby and oh my god, what's her boyfriend's name? From Love on the spectrum, David Abby and David who went on the African Honest, They're so honest, and then Danny from who is the from Love on the spectrum. This is all the American version I believe they presented, and they were so cute. I was so excited to see them when they walked out on the stage. I was front row and I was like, oh, my god, and me and Romy Reiner, Rob Reiner's daughter who I'm friends with, Me and Romy Romy was filming them and I was looking, by my god, they're right in front of us, like we were freaking out. We were like, they're so cute.
Speaker 3: Was she excited that you presented the Animation Awards?
Speaker 1: I don't think she even thought about it, but I did talk to her afterwards. I talked to Danny, who talks like this. I love her voice. She sounds like an anime character. But I talked to her afterwards and she was like, I would love to come see you do comedy. Do you do comedy in La? Like she was so cute, she might come see me do comedy. But I was just like wow, I just didn't want to bother them, just like I love you, I don't want to like impact your evening in any way or like make you do anything you don't want to do. But what's her name's mom was there. Abby's mom was there, who was lovely in the documentary as well, and Danny's aunt was there too, who I loved, and and they were insistent on being like we got to get a picture, and so I got to get pictures of her. But I was so excited, and Danny DMed me and said something nice, But I, yeah, I don't think. I did think about that later of like, oh my god, maybe Danny's so excited I've presented animation. But then I'll yeah, I don't know. She didn't she. I don't think she Like she might have been backstage when I presented or something, because everyone was kind of like in and out of the place. But Rob Reiner was seated right behind me and my dad, and it was probably the best part of the entire show for us, because he was commenting under his breath about everything being deliciously savage, about like he was just saying stuff that was like almost like could get you canceled with this kind of juice and like hilarity that you just want, Like it was so and I could tell that he he caught on that we were hearing it like he he was there with his wife and his daughter, and he was kind of saying it to them. But then my dad and I both talked later on about what it was like to sit in front of Rob Reiner, and we both said that we were shaking our shoulders just to give him something. We were giving him shoulders, laughing giggles.
Speaker 5: Seeing what was going on, I thought your dad was developing some sort of for your dad to hear Rob Reiner make jokes like a dad.
Speaker 3: Rob Reiner's dad, Carl Reiner, is very was very good friends with Dick van Dyke.
Speaker 1: Oh that's so cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the Circle of Lights.
Speaker 1: But I was going to say if Dick van if I won, I was going to say, oh my god, Dick van Dyke, what a legend? How uh how did you not win? What's wrong with the Emmy voters?
Speaker 2: God?
Speaker 1: This makes what How could the voters have let this happen? This makes me really nervous about November that so I was gonna say that, and that would have been something I wish, but I was actually this everyone was like, it's kind of it's almost worse when you lose than It's almost like the worst part about losing is not losing, it's that everyone feels like you sense that people feel sorry for you. Why they're kind of looking at you like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and they make that face.
Speaker 1: And I did not care at all. I just want to let everyone know. I literally the second his name was read, I was like, yes. There was not a single moment of like and I don't think this is going to be like this for every moment in my career when I lose. I think if if I would have lost to someone else, it would have been different.
Speaker 3: But Dick vandy there's a big, long list of people that if you had lost to would be upsetting.
Speaker 4: But on that list, if you lose to any of those people on that list, it's I wouldn't ell that's fine.
Speaker 1: I honestly would have. I would have felt this way with anyone, but especially Dick Vandyke. Like it's just like there's just no.
Speaker 4: Looking back on it.
Speaker 3: Especially when you describe the way that you know these winners are selected via voting. It's kind of like we were kind of naive about of course Dick van Dyke is going to win this. I think getting our hopes up at all was a little naive because when you explain it, like everyone in the room is voting for this.
Speaker 5: Yes, yeah, any part of Dick van Dyke, who's like, I don't fucking deserve this.
Speaker 4: Wouldn't that be awesome? Though, if he's at home, like I freaking I shouldn't have beat I shouldn't have been able to beat Nicky, she's like him having the awareness, but he's probably like non Dick van Dyke. I just stood there while people danced around me for an hour. Yeah.
Speaker 1: My dad was like he didn't do anything. Yes, he shut there in a chair the whole time. And I'm like, well, that's not what this award is about, its performance. It's about the production itself.
Speaker 3: When you're ninety eight and you get nominated for an Emmy, you you or win that way.
Speaker 1: I bet if a forty year old woman who is like her first nomination beats me out, yeah, that will be a very sad day. I mean, the world's not going to exist when I'm ninety, like in the same way, will be like doing this all telepathically or something, but.
Speaker 4: Still broken sun and beats you.
Speaker 1: What is it?
Speaker 4: Gracie Abrams son kidding.
Speaker 1: Okay, final thought, because we got Andrew and I are taking a pilates class after this.
Speaker 4: Are you ready? Oh yeah, you don't normally do ploates. No, I usually bench press heavyweight. Yeah, pilates is a totally different bird.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I've done it, but I've done a mega reformer, which is compared to.
Speaker 1: The these are micro perform No, you've done spear pilates before.
Speaker 4: Right, Yeah, that's where we're going.
Speaker 1: Yea.
Speaker 4: How much you bench bear? I can probably, honestly, yeah, right to sixty?
Speaker 1: Whoa, I don't know what that means.
Speaker 4: You want to know what I think? I'm not kidding three thirty when I was God, you get football. I swear you played football. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I can't even deadlift that much. I can dead left three ten because you're a little bit.
Speaker 1: Oh so deadlifting is you can do more with deadlifting because you're using like your whole body to do it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Deadlifting is like usually the heaviest amount of chest.
Speaker 5: The three big lifts is bench, squat, deadlift, and it usually goes deadlift, squat, bench.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, order Now. I did see a video recently of like a bunch of bodybuilders in a pilates class, and they were all like, oh, it was like all edited for them to be like this, like they're slipping off.
Speaker 4: A two pound weight and you can't do it.
Speaker 5: No, it's the worst because it's like muscles you don't ever use. While it's going on, like girls can be like so relaxed and then you know you're sweating, shaking, like it's the worst pain you've ever felt in your wedding and you're just like literally doing the most easy move you've ever seen your life.
Speaker 1: Well, it'll be fun. I'm so glad you're going, because it's so much more fun with a friend, like it just leaves. It makes me more accountable, Like it'll and we'll like I doubt we'll even look at each other and laugh about it because it's so hard. There's no I always go to classes with friends or my sister or whatever, and she's not my friend, and so and I'll go and and I think, well, we're gonna like joke around the whole time, and even with you, like we don't even we don't have time to do that because we're just dying the whole time. So who knows what it'll be like, But that'll be fun and I'm not looking forward to I wish it was already over so badly.
Speaker 4: Showing what do you mean really on so they can't just.
Speaker 1: Okay, Noah, one more thing from the list.
Speaker 2: Okay, what's the one that says you are fit?
Speaker 4: Oh, you're fit.
Speaker 1: That happened yesterday. I was uh walking to the gym in our hotel and some random guy in the lobby just goes, you're fit, you are fit, and it was not. I was kind of I just go thank you, like because I had to be pissed because it's like, don't comment. But I was also like, yeah, and that's that's never happened. I mean, no one's ever called me fit in my life, Like, that's never even And I was wearing like a onesie that was like a that's the that's the only thing. You can only wear those if you think yourself this fit. So I was kind of wearing a fit outfit where I was like, call me fit, it's like written on me. But it did feel really good and it wasn't just like a homeless man on the street. It was someone who was like staying at the hotel. No, no, was he moved, but he definitely was crazy. There's no way you can't be a little bit crazy to just verbally assault someone like that as they're walking through a lobby. So but I but I.
Speaker 4: Did a courage Absolutely not.
Speaker 1: But I don't know. Maybe he was dining at the restaurant there or something, but there was some there was something off about him. Clearly you don't say that to a stranger. Well, yeah, I rarely get it, but I was good. It was because it wasn't like fit doesn't mean I want to fuck you and you're I'm a threat to you right now. It just means like respect, Like it's like respect your fit. I don't know, but that felt good.
Speaker 4: Is your character Irish? No? No, she's British?
Speaker 1: No are you still going?
Speaker 4: I feel I feel terrible.
Speaker 1: This person's coming to my show to marketical problem occurred.
Speaker 4: You gotta be. I just can't believe this ship. I put my life on the line for this day. This was a huge. This was a huge. It's the kick again. I mean every time it's Richards.
Speaker 1: Seen Telemarketers the documentary it is so good. I really recommended to besties. It's on Max. It's called Telemarketers and it's about these telemarketers who like were hired by this really shady like uh charity.
Speaker 2: Kind of.
Speaker 1: Fake charity that was like the NYP. They they're hired to call random people the early two thousands to mid odds. I'm guessing that was to call random people and go, hey, we're calling on behalf of the NYPD and the fire and you know, firefighters in your area. And if you donate, this all goes to Your money will go to their families of firefighters who have you know, been lost, and it really appeals to and then they donate and they don't disclose that only like two to five percent of their donation even goes to those families. So it's like these companies were just making ninety five percent of every donation and they the call centers are just they don't do any background checks. So the call centers are all literally all felons. It's the only job they can get and they make money off of like commission, so they all are working just really hard, but it's chaos and these call centers people were doing Heroin like at their desks, and these documentary filmmaker like videotaped it back then. He was just like a kind of you know budding documentarian and he was shooting it with his like little video camera back then. And then this one guy kind of emerges as a guy that like wants to take him down. And his name was Pat Pespos and he's amazing and he like in the documentary, he goes missing, he's like maybe homeless. At one point he is scared to get on flights. Like but they he's such a crazy enigma of a character and you would never think this person, after seeing the documentary would ever be at the Creative Arts Emmys. And so I left the other night. These guys come up to me and we're like, oh, we're fans and I was like, great, what are you guys here for? What are you nominated for? And they're like telemarketers, And I go, I loved it so much. In fact, me and Rob Ryder both went I loved that. At the same time when he came up and was nominated, Rob Ryder is a fan. They were like we love Rob Rder. I'm like, well, he loves you. And then and they go, do you want to meet Pat? And I go what. They're like, Pat's here and so is his wife, Sue, who was like wheelchair bound and they've never been on a flight before. In the movie, he's supposed to get on a flight for this really important meeting, and he gets to the he gets to the airport and it's like gets too scared and gets too much anxiety and like leaves the airport and then like goes missing. So it was a huge deal that he took his first flight. And I told him my advice about how if you're scared of turbulence. I heard a pilot say that turbulence in the air is like as detrimental to a plane as driving down the highway and running over a styrofoam cup. Like, it does not matter, it doesn't affect, it's not going to make you crash. And he seemed to be a little bit soothed by that. But it was so cool meeting him. And if you if you know, you know, but if you don't know, go watch Telemarketers. It is a A plus documentary.
Speaker 4: It's really fun and love on the spectrum and.
Speaker 1: Love on the spectrum. Oh and I, oh my god, wait, how much time do we have? We really have to go really quick? Okay. Shout out to a bestie listener who came up to me at the Creative Arts Emmys. I was like talking to someone and I saw this guy kind of like waiting behind these people to like, I want to say, how do you next? And I'm like kind of clocked him, and then he comes up and I'm like hi, and he's like, hey, I'm sorry. I just I just want to say, like I'm a big fan and you're my Taylor Swift and I was like, oh my god, you listen to the show. And we hugged and he was like, I go, what are you here for? And he was like, I for Love on the Spectrum And this is before I met Ab. This is how I get to meet Abby and all those people at the party because I didn't even know where they were seated. It was a huge, huge convention center of people, and so I go, oh my god. He's like, honestly, I listened to your podcast for years and you talked about Love on the Spectrum so much, and you had so much you said you loved it so much that I checked it out and I fell in love with it, and then I sought out a job working for them, and I just won an Emmy for the job that I got because you were the one that got me into it and then he's next to him is seeing the guy who created the show, and he was kind of like waiting in the wings to be like yeah. He in his interview with me, he cited you talking about our show. Thank you so much for talking about our show and promoting it, And I'm like, you're the greatest. You brought me the greatest enjoyment of my life, Like I literally have watch parties. I like anticipate the next season, like I can't even believe what you brought to the world, Like you put in so much good and so I then he's like, do you want to meet Abby and David and and I actually think David's gone, but do you want to meet Abby? I was like yes, and then I go over and I got some But it was so cool that I believe his name was. I believe his name is. Sean was the bestie who who who won an Emmy because of our show. So you're welcome.
Speaker 4: I know, there should be like a Bestie Hall of Fame. Sean should be.
Speaker 1: Honest, Oh, he definitely is. He was so cute and was so excited to meet me, and I was so excited to meet him. It was such a beautiful moment. Okay, so we will get some more. We have to go to this class, but we will get to more highlights from this weekend and everything else. Later this week. We have one podcast coming for you. We will see then, Don't be cut and Fight. The Nicky Glazer Podcast is a production by Will Ferrell's Big Money Players and iHeart Podcasts. Created and hosted by me Nicki Glazer, co hosted by Brian Executive produced by Will Ferrell, Hans Sonny and Noah Avior edited it engineered by Lean and Loaf, video production Mark Canton and music by Anya Marina. You can now watch full episodes of the Nicki Glazer Podcast on YouTube, follow at Nikki Glazer pod and subscribe to our channel