Speaker 1: When I knew she was like my type of vibe. We were at the stub Buds but she had her little section.
Speaker 2: Wait wait wait, wait wait wait, hold, you was at the stub Buds party and you didn't call me for the stuff.
Speaker 3: I am a stud. I am a stud, and I am your bud.
Speaker 4: If you were my bud, I would be on my boat. I was never letting it go.
Speaker 2: I'm saying I think this was a mutual mutual disrespect happened.
Speaker 4: We didn't pull up after the game.
Speaker 1: The stub was like, whoa. I love how energetic you are, Like Celsius. I am on caffeine and it's not working. Like you know, I drink a gallon of this a day and I don't even know how many gallons per day the past four or five days it's been.
Speaker 3: But it's not working.
Speaker 1: Dam And if I try to, Yeah, there's no boys.
Speaker 3: You should try Boom. Have you tried Boom? Is that the mushroom coffee?
Speaker 2: No, it's some new energy drink. We're obviously endorsing products that I'm paying us what.
Speaker 3: I swear by it. I love it.
Speaker 1: You know, if I were to do it, then you drink it would be rebel because you know, I want to be one of them little rebel athletes jumping from the buildings, you.
Speaker 3: Know how rebels like it makes me jittery. Well, sometimes I just want to feel.
Speaker 4: Just right now.
Speaker 1: I could just use a feeling right now. I don't feel nothing. I just I mean, I feel like it tastes good, but like I'm sure it's giving my baseline.
Speaker 3: But shoot, I mean we are we both.
Speaker 2: I guess this is a great place to start because we both were at the w NBA All Star Weekend.
Speaker 3: For the entire weekend, some of us were on a boat. Did you get I just didn't think you would come on the boat.
Speaker 4: Why would you not think I would come?
Speaker 3: You know, I'm not gonna say a high maintenance because that's not the words.
Speaker 2: But I just feel like things I would I would want to make like I would want to make sure everything was coming.
Speaker 1: It's like I don't like any minor inconvenience.
Speaker 3: It's like people.
Speaker 2: Know and this was like this was like I met this dude when I was here doing shows, and I ended up randomly going to like this, I'm an adventurous girl. Okay, So like when I'm on the road and by myself. I have to show I'm on a bit of an energy high. And usually I ended up in random places with fans. I know it sounds very weird, but it happened, you see what I'm saying. And this is how I have friends all over the place.
Speaker 3: Period. So I was there and my you know, my girls birthday's coming up. It's Leo season.
Speaker 1: She's only.
Speaker 2: It's so she was she wanted to do a boat thing, and I was like, oh, I know a boat got but like this was like it was a nice boat, but it was like hood boat.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. I love I love a hood I do love a hood boat.
Speaker 4: Make it as long as we make it on the boat.
Speaker 3: I'm good. We're good.
Speaker 2: But I'm like, you know, I can't all around backwoods and Southeast High School.
Speaker 3: So for real, I'll be fine next time. I know, next time, next time you on the hood unless you try you on the hood boat.
Speaker 1: I mean that just like going going where the wind blows you.
Speaker 4: You know, I was in the.
Speaker 2: Bed, Sam, I ain't gonna hold I know every time I hit you up, like what's up where you at?
Speaker 3: And you would just send me a picture.
Speaker 2: Robe you know my girl through like all the premiere gay parties, and she was like trying to get all my friends to come, and she was like, tell Ari to come, and I was.
Speaker 3: Like, I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't think I already go outside. That's what I told her, So I don't think she go outside.
Speaker 1: See here's the thing. It's not that I don't go outside. It's just that the way all stars set up for me, it's like, first of all, it's hour by hour something which I love, Blessings on blessings, and I love that the w has so much going on. However, when you do that much talking that much straight, my voice is not naturally like this. It felt like when I saw together party saying, it felt like somebody was punching my throat from the inside.
Speaker 3: Damn, my vocal cords were burst.
Speaker 2: Well you do run them sets? I text you, I said, you you run these basketball streets. And several people came up to me like I see what you're doing with al and I like it.
Speaker 3: She's the best. And I was like, all right, okay, all you know, it's crazy.
Speaker 1: I didn't realize how many mutual friends we had, Like every time like shout out jam Mel Hill shout out Joy Taylor, there's my people, and I'm like, they're like, you don love stay.
Speaker 4: I was like, I already do, and she leaves me off.
Speaker 1: Anyway.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we we went to different events, but I think we we had we picked.
Speaker 3: Up some of the similar vibes. Yeah, it was a it was an interesting All Star weekend. Always is the gift that keeps on giving.
Speaker 2: I don't think I've ever been this like in it, you know, like I've gone, welcome, I've gone, But I don't think I've ever been this in it. I had two events, of course.
Speaker 3: The together event.
Speaker 2: I did my own comedy show you I was. I was in it, and being in it, I was I was catching tea spilling all over the place.
Speaker 1: You know, sometimes she gets messy, but we you know, we real her back, but we let her go. And you know, as as more people come in and it's being streamed, it's just is what it is.
Speaker 2: It's you know, it felt like a corporate retreat, you know, like a messy corporate retree.
Speaker 1: Corporate retreat is nuts. I mean, I guess no low key. Though it might be that corporate retreat, it felt like that.
Speaker 2: It felt like a corporate retreat where people are drinking who don't normally drink.
Speaker 3: Things are getting said that shouldn't be said.
Speaker 1: You know, I feel like everything that is said was intentional. I feel like everything that was presented to the public was presented to the public with intention and and I think just you know, sometimes we the corporate public is watching like and that's fine, Like that's fine, shout out to the stup but you know, walking around here and making more money, and all of us with that blue hair shout out to.
Speaker 2: Them, shout out of the stream. We're on a different different times through the weekend hours.
Speaker 1: Last year, you don't you probably don't remember when Kathy the commissioner, Kathy Eenbert was dancing the nuck if you buck with the stub buzzs, and so we thought we were gonna get it, like you know, maybe a repeat or something like that. But like it was, it was. It was lit like the whole seven two hours stream. Everybody's getting into it. Some hot mic moments happened that some definitely hot mic, but it's okay, we go past it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: But also I think people got a chill, people a little grace, you know, Like I feel like they were super hot on John Quell and I was like.
Speaker 1: Man, come up off my bra.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It was like, man, like, you know, I think you can have respect for your team, you can have respect for the vibe, and you can also have opinions about the game.
Speaker 1: And I agree, you know what's it's two things could be true. And like if my group Chad got lead, that would be over for all of us. Real, So like, obviously she's over here talking, but like she doesn't she You're not just thinking being surveyed, Like yeah, and so like shout out to her for cleaning up and getting MVP, because yeah, that trophy case looking right, I mean category.
Speaker 3: I mean yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean if we're gonna go there, let's go there, and let's talk about the game.
Speaker 3: Bad. Damn dam it was terrible. Damn the game was off.
Speaker 1: Yes, and yes I can acknowledge that it was terrible, But you know, I'm always gonna protect Mike'm.
Speaker 3: Like, dude, do what you feel your must sometimes you know what I must.
Speaker 1: I must see the one because because they already paid play a compact schedule, they just kind of want to chill. They want to be on the bobs, they want to be lit with all of us clearly, and so it's like, you know, let however, I get, I think you what there's a rebuttal.
Speaker 3: Yes, because I agree if that's what it is.
Speaker 2: Like I said, it's like, do some chill corporate tat treat type shit cool. Don't charge nobody for them tickets. Give them away, Okay, give them away. I don't have people paying good money to sit there and watch that.
Speaker 3: That was bad.
Speaker 2: I didn't even know how they determined the m v P. I said, nobody played. How you're gonna have a most valuable play of the game that nobody play, Like y'all really playing in our face. I love John Quell, but come on, let's pupper stats. Well with these m v P stats.
Speaker 4: There are no stats in this them right now that I can see.
Speaker 1: However, yes, nineteen thousand, seven hundred and eighty three people witnessed it in person. But yeah, the game was you know, it was a little bad, okay, and and it's kind of great to see your face and person. No, just put yourself in a little Sam, little Sam, like five two Sam?
Speaker 3: All right, did I want Harlem Globe charters?
Speaker 2: I want you right right, right right right, don dunk yeah, I was do give me you want you want a Harlem Globe trotter, t Like, if it's gonna be a loose game like that, I want to see some cool so I just give them something.
Speaker 3: It was just kind of like they were just like, we here.
Speaker 1: It's now the time to be like, well, maybe you know, Chelsea Gray should have been on that floor. You're like, y'all want some cool passes? There you go. Yeah, but like, nah, I feel you, and I do think that there needs to be a healthy balance of like, you know, having fun and not putting yourself.
Speaker 4: At risk for injury.
Speaker 3: Yes. The funniest part though, was when Asia accidentally block Angel because why yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah that she's not to do that for real.
Speaker 2: She's like, you don't really block and that's true. You don't be blocking people and going super hard at the All Star you know what I mean, But you want them to go something something like honestly, and you know, I know she catches a lot of a flat, but this moment, for me, it was like at least Caitlyn came out and started the game like a game. It was like, all right, you're playing with some intensity, You're trying to make it feel like, yeah, something, you know what I mean, because it.
Speaker 3: Was funny watching Yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna she was draining him and going. I was like, yo, she's only one precious right now.
Speaker 1: But you know what, I think it should be set up like maybe the first half you playing, playing, and then the second half you just turn up, and I think, yeah, that could be really cool. But also if you turn it up for three days straight and being literally with your friends.
Speaker 3: Like you know, hey, you guys, you gotta figure it out.
Speaker 2: I mean, everyone everyone's turned up, So even if you've turn it up, you're turning up based on the level that everybody was turned up.
Speaker 3: So it should to some degree balance itself out. But I just didn't.
Speaker 2: Like to make the weekend feel hold and just like for the fans, you know what I mean, Like for the fans, for the people that are really are buying tickets. I had friends who like paid money, you know what I mean, and they were like, Yo, what the fuck?
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So it's like, just imagine on the week for the fans, you got to give them a game at some point, even if it's the fourth just you got to give them a game at some point. I also just think we need more. And the Skills Challenge day, it's just it's a very like the.
Speaker 4: Day of it or the skills like actually the event.
Speaker 2: The event itself. I saw some one on Threads was like, yo, I was there. It was an hour and they said lasted an hour. It was like, y'all would have rather watched the mascots play spades, And I thought that was pretty.
Speaker 1: But you know, okay, yes, yes, and yes, and you know, you know, y'all got back.
Speaker 3: What I loved about Skills with It was the three generations. Yes, that was that was fire.
Speaker 1: I think I think it's really fire when you can acknowledge the legends of the game. You got Elena back on the court. She's still got it, so like, hey, Elena, you want to pull up? That was you know, pull up anyway. And but then you have the current generation, then you have the next generation because E Y B L was at the same time.
Speaker 4: That was fired. That was that was fire.
Speaker 3: And three point contest is always cool.
Speaker 4: The only rookie.
Speaker 3: You you you a ball.
Speaker 1: I don't know how to properly does that was weird, but.
Speaker 3: That was dope.
Speaker 2: I really appreciated that, but I do think, okay, hear me out, because I don't mean this disrespectfully.
Speaker 3: Don't do it, and I don't.
Speaker 4: Mean it's brewing. I see your little guy.
Speaker 2: I don't mean for like the game, but for the skills, that load of hoop and let them.
Speaker 3: Don't know them, let him done, let him do.
Speaker 1: At this point, I want at this point, y'all all need a dunk lead. Okay, how are you lowers at the league that you make your money just a little bit?
Speaker 2: Make a league just for that legue, but for the fun of it. We all having fun, right, everybody getting drunk, having fun. Lower that room just a little bit. Let's somedimes pop off.
Speaker 3: That wouldn't be fun.
Speaker 4: Make a league, you know.
Speaker 1: I hate that.
Speaker 3: That's why I talked.
Speaker 1: At two am, and she's like, I'm feeling creative. I'm like, okay, she did not mention these dunks, and I knew. I knew that would have awakened that I would have awakened. I said, now, let me say that for the just a little bit dumb all right, saying we're not going there.
Speaker 3: Cool, well, we're out something the.
Speaker 1: Shrimplin would be fun. However, just imagine if you missed that thing, just miss it and get hurt. Let's let's not have our Let's not have our greatest athletes on the plane to get hurt. They got a whole season. They're already back in practice.
Speaker 3: You know that's true. They're right back at it.
Speaker 2: And you gotta have respect for these women. They do put it all out on the floor. They play hard all season, and I have a high level of respect for everybody who plays games.
Speaker 3: I do want to say that.
Speaker 4: But we know, we know a game.
Speaker 1: Okay, yes, so you want you want a competitive game at some point, and at some point you were going to make your own dunk league, so you can see.
Speaker 2: Them aside side dunk fun, don't dun't it. It's dunk fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's great.
Speaker 3: That's not like because you're not skillful enough.
Speaker 2: It's like, let's just have fun launching them off the back or you know, dunk fun, dunk fun.
Speaker 3: Did you did you stay for the half time? Did you see Tyler? I did? I did? I thought that was cool? Great? Yeah? No, no, no, no, no, I thought.
Speaker 1: That was watched it because that's what really matter.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, Ellie really is the diva of the league and could never in a way that is wild. I saw those other mascots. They were working hard, they were working hard, they were really putting effort in. They really were trying to get that attention. And that one point I saw Ellie. She was laying down, fanning herself as she should as they as they milled about.
Speaker 1: She runs the gross. Ellie really runs the grass. The girls could never. But you know how I like her little bestie Scott Sky and Violet c Yeah, yeah, yeah, they gave it the girls Dusty show Illness and Barclays, I like, I thought to bring it.
Speaker 3: She's got a crew, yeah, like her besties.
Speaker 1: It's very cute for.
Speaker 3: Them, but it's given mean girls in my That's just what I said.
Speaker 4: But Pa was over there bouncing around.
Speaker 1: He's very top, I mean bottom heavy, so he was just bouncing around.
Speaker 3: You already know how I feel about those ones. Yeah, yeah, I'm not.
Speaker 1: I'm not a fan, no, but you know what Ellie gives it. I don't think anybody else can give her a nice nasty pump. I love a nice slow pump up and down that court.
Speaker 3: She has the greatest fits and she has.
Speaker 1: The greatest we matched head to toe on the carpet and I can't tell if it was iconic or embarrassing.
Speaker 3: Oh, Ellie, we had the same but head to toe can we get a split screen?
Speaker 1: But Ellie definitely wore better.
Speaker 3: Like, don't do me because I don't like to lose. But I had a head to toe custom.
Speaker 1: I chose a black woman designer. She made it from the ground up for me, and it was dope because it was like a rib corse set. I think this denim with a cream this is on an orange collar, maq maq.
Speaker 4: I'm thinking I'm original.
Speaker 1: My little coach Tabby it was like cream because you know, shout out to that partnership. Then I look at Eleanor and she had a dinim ohm custom.
Speaker 3: From the same black women, no, but but.
Speaker 1: With a coach Tabby. It was also cream, but hers was embroidered like the graffiti one. I was like, oh, you would just take it up and now up, it's not only the girls, never I am the girls. And so I'm just at this point, why I compete where you don't compare it? And I was just so embarrassed. Actually, you got I answered my own question, Then you gotta get you get that I do.
Speaker 2: But how you gotta get inside scoop on what she's wearing next. You gotta you gotta find.
Speaker 4: Can match her again and lose again, you know, steal their.
Speaker 3: Man, isn't she un is? It was it as mascot. It's one of those mascott kind of saw see scooped that Ellie scoop that Ellie.
Speaker 4: Competition so real. But we had our own shan of moment.
Speaker 3: We did, Yes, we did, did our first live podcast.
Speaker 1: I'm riding down Chicago streets and I see a big Sam Jay face and then I ride like two more feet and then I see my face next to Asia Wilson, and I'm like, oh my god, We've made it.
Speaker 3: We've done it. It was crazy, It was It was cool though. Everybody was so happy.
Speaker 1: First of all, you have so many fans, you think that like these basketball streets. I run like you run these streets, period, And everybody's like, oh my god, you're on the show with Sam Jack.
Speaker 4: I gotta get a ticket.
Speaker 3: Great.
Speaker 1: I love that, y'all love Sam. I love that. I love that. I too love you. But that was fire.
Speaker 3: No, it was super dope. I really really had a good time.
Speaker 2: I didn't know what to expect, you know what I mean, Like especially like I don't know what those kind of live podcasting You just don't know what the vibes. And also it was a little bit of some heavy topic.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so we started off with CBA right, like, yeah, it was.
Speaker 1: It was already starting out with like, you know, women fighting for what they were, and I thought that like Terry and Alicia did a great job of like depicting the journey of that and like showing, like, you know what.
Speaker 4: They haven't fighting.
Speaker 1: Alicia says she made thirty thousand dollars her rookie year as a professional athlete, the most popular women's basketball league.
Speaker 3: In the world.
Speaker 1: It was just nuts, like wild, but they went in that war room from from that CBA, it's gone increasingly up.
Speaker 4: They've had like what like three cbas since then.
Speaker 3: However, they got my guy Dwayne there.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, Asia, who I wish we were my best friend because we were so similar. And then yeah, it's Sue Sue that I accidentally called Susanne on the stage.
Speaker 3: Did you call behind? I was thinking this now she knows well, but yeah, Sue is fitted too.
Speaker 2: She always it was fire always. I just see if I can find those glittery shorts. So shorts was shorts was fire.
Speaker 1: So you let you love it.
Speaker 2: But Dad as a moment, I usually don't, Honestly, I usually don't.
Speaker 3: But she did it perfect.
Speaker 1: You know what that means.
Speaker 3: I mean to Suzanna's an influencer. She's influencer. She's a inspiration. When you see me, when you see me, glittering bird, you know where I got it from.
Speaker 4: And the age was just chilling.
Speaker 1: And we had just come from a junior w n B A like right before and so like I feel like, literally I spent on my day age. But it was dope because it was like Obama's foundation, like Obama's life. Oh my god, the right help right thinking it's hard. Anyway, we went here, we came from there and.
Speaker 3: It was great.
Speaker 1: The kids got gifted a two s and it was just cut. And then before that, I gotta hug y'all.
Speaker 3: I was about to say, Bama was out there. I have peaked, Joe. You didn't call me for the Oldbama hug? You know I could. They didn't tell me I was announcing him.
Speaker 4: Listen.
Speaker 1: I got in there and they were like, I was like, I have a heart out of this because my schedule was like back to back to back. They're like, you actually don't have a heart out. You won't be able to leave the building.
Speaker 3: I was like, what do you mean?
Speaker 1: And it was then I clicked out. I was like, oh my gosh, I'm about to share a stage with the president and I'm like, oh, this is.
Speaker 3: You're not out to he out.
Speaker 1: They said, actually, girl, you did not have a heart out, because how you gonna leave secret services? Right there line in the building. And then he talked to them kids and one of them fell asleep, and he kind of like made a joke out of there. He was like, this is just exactly what it's like, an old WAMA table and you know what Michelle, Michelle be running that house doesn't and she does.
Speaker 3: Now that's dope.
Speaker 2: And seeing John Cole playing basketball with one of the all my feed was fired. It just felt like a really like it was a really cool weekend.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 3: It was a really really really cool weekend. I definitely did too much.
Speaker 1: And there's there's something for everybody. And just like Wnba all storry, I know everything.
Speaker 2: We're in Atlanta and we talked about it on the pod of the li pod that you know when you asked me what was my first splurge and I told you I threw five thousand dollars at Magic City. Yeah, that was the first splurge of me when I felt like I made some money finally. And we're in Atlanta, which is where I live, and you're here and I was like, hey, at all right? And I said hey, like are you even earlier? And you were like absolutely, I'm getting out of here day sap. And I was like, how are you going to do that? On Magic City Monday?
Speaker 3: There will be other Mondays. It's every single Monday. I just don't. I don't know, I don't. I think you're here now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's it's so cute.
Speaker 4: Hey deal, and Rocco is that for me?
Speaker 3: And I needed to get back to my little York shippers got dogs.
Speaker 1: And that's fine, that's great for them. But mister Rocco, when I returned to him and he pops on my life, I got my head. So I'll catch you next Monday. The Monday after the Monday after Atlanta ain't but like an hour flight away.
Speaker 3: All right, I got you. I'm hold you to it.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna hold you to it, but I understand it's my catsman yelling at me like fucking crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you know you should be afraid of that one because cats can actually kill you.
Speaker 3: They're so independent.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, yeah, I can't even he does do his own thing. But we need to bring all started Atlanta. I think that should be the next location.
Speaker 2: I mean that's what the streets are saying. That's what that's what the whispers are that it would be here.
Speaker 3: It would be You thought Chicago was messy, but that but that's what Max.
Speaker 1: That's all star great. Like you know what I mean, Like, imagine a stub bud stream. Imagine our show live. They would really pull up.
Speaker 4: I mean they pulled up. They started out there, but like they.
Speaker 2: Would really stub bus stream in Atlanta is crazy, Yeah, because this is the land of the studs.
Speaker 4: So they would have a lot of buds.
Speaker 3: They would have a lot of buds.
Speaker 1: So many buds, so many, so many buds. And then and then Angel would just continue to do things that we even dream of. Shout out to her in that barbie. She's the furzy black w me like she's to have a barbe Like I saw so many.
Speaker 3: Little girls holding those. I thought it was really cool. It's like, oh my god, I made me so emotional.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got it making it serious like from the stud of magic ceed stream. But I'm like, oh my god, angels still making history, and what was dope about it? You know, she came from Chicago and used to all the billboards and her still there. I'm like, dang shy, Tim Barbie can also be atl Barbie. And then her team gets behind it, so now she can actually use Barbie legally. I'm like, bruh, yeah, that's what you get to have a team of all women because Janine holds it down.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 3: I thought that was super dope. It really did. Uh it did. It did warm my heart, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: It was just like it's so cool that like young black girls have all this representation of themselves like in the world, you know what I mean, and around, Like I remember being a little girl and having Barbies and like it was like a black Barbie drop.
Speaker 3: It wasn't like it wasn't just there. It was like, oh, they're.
Speaker 2: Gonna do like a black Christmas Barbie, like you gotta you gotta get in, And especially wasn't being reflected of like black women that were actually out in the world doing things. So I just thought it was it was just so cool to see that and see like how into giving that energy to.
Speaker 3: The young girls that were out there she was. It was just it was really dope. And then the pink hair with a pink fit.
Speaker 1: I said, you literally don't miss you look like the money you make and and I love that.
Speaker 3: For her, and I like that she still like brings it on the court.
Speaker 2: I like that you really get to see the duality in her, you know, like who she is off and then who she is on the court.
Speaker 3: And you know, I think, like, you know, unfairly.
Speaker 2: The league gets a lot of criticism or it gets called a gay league or this or that.
Speaker 3: And it's like, you know, it's a league, a mixed.
Speaker 2: League of all types of women, and you can carry and embody femininity and sexiness, and then you can be a dog on the court like that is that is can be a.
Speaker 1: Walking double double the league, top reboundery, you can you can set all these historic marks for it and do it while wearing pink hair, yeah, and a pink gown going into the one hundred and So I just appreciate that energy that she brings.
Speaker 2: And she really is a vibe. You feel it when she's she is the vibe. Yeah, yeah, for sure.
Speaker 4: And I knew she was like my type of vibe.
Speaker 1: We were at the stub Buds but she had her little section her and it was cute because like every everything else was crowded and Angel had her space.
Speaker 2: Wait wait, wait, wait wait wait, you was at the stub Buds party. I did, and you didn't call me for the stuff. I am a stud. I am a stud, and I am your bud.
Speaker 4: If you were my bud, I would be on the boat. I never letting it go.
Speaker 2: I'm saying I think this was a mutual mutual disrespect happened.
Speaker 1: We didn't pull up after the game. The stubs party was that whoa yeah. But the point was Angel in her space and I love that. I love that she's a protective of space because I actually they got me. It's funny because they walked in there were like, I was, yes, y'all have thirty minutes with me. They got me for a little longer than thirty minutes. I was proud of me. Maybe I am particular. Leave me alone.
Speaker 2: I think you might be particular. All right, that's all right. It's okay to be particular. Whoever, whoever you know, whoever's loving you, they get how particular you are, and that's all that matters.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: Then now you have everybody in my business would say, should not be it, should never give that. We're gonna head on over to track and field because at least we can divert attention. Because the USATF Outdoor and PTER National Championships happened this weekend. Yes, and our girls should carry it. Ten seventy seven winning time in the hundred, which her pr is ten sixty five. So come on, you got this Bookie? She showed out.
Speaker 2: I mean I knew it was gonna go down because she was at the Liberty Game hanging out with Ellie right before that. The nails were together, the fit was fitting. I was like, nah, she about to pop out, you know what. I anywhere you can always tell, Like when someone's out before like a big moment and they're just.
Speaker 3: Chilling, You're like, not in his own it's go time.
Speaker 1: Ellie gave Shakrrie greatness and honestly, Ellie sprinkles.
Speaker 4: Good you I mean, j J m VP.
Speaker 3: Come on, you know, like it is what it is.
Speaker 1: Elie's the magic and that.
Speaker 2: Gotta go get you some some of that Ellie good vibes before step out to anything dig and Carrie definitely did that.
Speaker 3: And then she definitely showed out.
Speaker 1: With her when I tell you all his pays in too, with her nails like they were the print and they had the they were three D imprinted, and I was like, yes, Carrie, and then the orange shut it down. Whenever there's a bright color that's giving electric care. When I think of electricity, I think of bolts. When I think of bolt, I think of track. You see that? You see that?
Speaker 3: Oh you thought I was gonna keep.
Speaker 1: Like that.
Speaker 2: I love when we show up authentically as ourselves, like any version, Yeah, you know what I mean. I think it's just I think it's just dope when people show up as they are and allow themselves not to be defined by the thing, but they kind of allow themselves to show up in the thing and take up the right type of space. And I really think she does that, So it was just super dope to us. Super doope her like excel and succeed.
Speaker 3: And she has a redemption arc. Right, She's a battle injury.
Speaker 1: She's a battle personal situations that could have easily derailed somebody, but she keeps all that energy and she focuses on the track.
Speaker 4: I think she's another athlete that's like very very.
Speaker 1: Misunderstood by the public, by the media, and I will never forget this.
Speaker 3: A couple of years ago, I went to Diamond League Classics and.
Speaker 1: A family's like, Shakari is Shakari, and she's like, it's Shakiri and I love that.
Speaker 3: Correct them every time.
Speaker 1: People can see that as rude, But she's rude in her identity. People can see like the flashiness of the nails, the flashness of the outfice, But that's her.
Speaker 2: That's what I mean by just so authentically in a space and taking up the right type of space, because I especially feel like, especially with us, when we get to certain levels of success, we get on these weird spaces with each other where we're like, well, you're not supposed to act like that, and you're not supposed to talk like that, and you're not supposed to dress like that, and now you're doing this, and so suddenly you're supposed to be like a different person. And I just don't agree with that. Yeah, and I think it is more important old spaces that you show up authentically as you are and representing authentically where you come from, if that's what you want to do here, because all it does is create space, you know what I'm saying, Like I used to go to SNL full Do Rag sit at the table by do raging and just chilling. And I know sometimes people like, yo, she's really walking in thirty Rag thirty rock with a do rag on. But I'm like, yeah, if I change everything I am to be in this building, then I'm not creating spaces for people who grow up like I grow up and I like me to be in this build. Yeah, I'm saying, you got to be something else to be here. So I really just respect that she does not do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean all the track girls too, Like you got you have that she carries the world, but you also have the Gabby Thomas's which is like kind of like pull her opposite personalities and there's space for it all. Then you got the loud and out in your face like Tara Davis woodall like she's so funchy. After one of her means, we were out there and she was just like, you know, liddy and then a family was walking buy.
Speaker 3: She's like, you want to picture and she just offers her energy to you.
Speaker 1: Then you have Massa Russell, who's honestly has every reason to be confident. The girls going just she's fast, she's an Olympic gold medalist, yes, and she knows who she is and she handles herself in in a way that's very unapologetic. I like the unapologetic as part of track.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and they should be like that, I think.
Speaker 2: And a lot of these spaces in sport and other careers just like we got to remember what defined all the stuff that came before us.
Speaker 3: It was defined by whiteness.
Speaker 2: It was defined by white society saying what was proper or what was okay or how one was to behave in these spaces.
Speaker 3: And so it's like, we don't have to assimilate.
Speaker 1: To that all.
Speaker 2: And now that we are fully in these spaces, the definition of what it is can change.
Speaker 1: And growing up, I remember looking at flow Jo like dang that one sleep, like that one legacive is fired, Daniel hair is fired. You know all the nineties, girly eighties and nineties girls had that, Like I don't know how they achieved this with their hair, but it was like that loose curl, but like like kind of teased down, half up, half down, real volume situation. She was laser focused that them nails were right, and ye know she was about to terrorize everybody on that track. You can do it about looking so glamorous.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a lot of this stuff, these definitions came from a place of privilege and a place of elitism, you know, and I think that that surpasses color. You think about like Nancy Kerrigan and Tanya Harden, it was a lot of the same things, Like, aside from the mess that happened, a lot of the same type of things were being played out.
Speaker 3: And so it's just kind of dope.
Speaker 2: As we see just more diversity in sport, food, just you know, gender and ethnicity, that it also can look more diverse out there.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, And then speaking of diversity, what about body diversity. The Para track and Field championships for this weekend and bad Thrice, who is a friend of the pod, we collectively gave her, you know, the blessings along the way. But Juju won the T sixty four long jump National Championships, So that means our girls a champ again.
Speaker 4: That means love Island.
Speaker 1: Whatever she was doing there in Fiji, and that she told us last week worked.
Speaker 3: The little bit of working out. She got to work out.
Speaker 1: One coming home and nice. You know, you go on a reality show and don't miss a beat.
Speaker 3: I think we gave her the vibes. I think she came, you know we did. We filled her up with the vibes to go out there, filled her up with the vibes.
Speaker 2: Good ju juice, went out there and handled biz. She did super proud of skround the cars.
Speaker 1: We are our own sound effects, don't.
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 3: Like the jumpers and they like they started the clasp like Tar Davis. Would you know I want a cheerleader?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just the moms and that I had the prive you in the past three weeks. That is so crazy to me. But anyway, my best friend's a long jumper and I'm like all that sand I can't be comfortable. But you know what, shout out to their apparatus because it couldn't be me.
Speaker 3: I don't know how anyone.
Speaker 2: Like, because you're jumping against the resistance of the sind I would imagine I've never done it.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, there's a board.
Speaker 1: Okay, run there's the runway, there's the board, and it's a really it's a really touchy subject because of like scratching and fall.
Speaker 4: If your footwork isn't properly placed on the.
Speaker 1: Board, you go over the board, it's completely disqualified and so they have multiple tries to do it. You can scratch some. I mean, that's a great question, beautiful question. You run down the runway. That's why a lot of them like the collapse and so you speak it like Tara for example, star off slow and then build up momentum and when it's the right pace, she'll start taking off and then you kind of hit it at them. Go to your footwork and then you time out. So like you start on the board, you run backwards to time time.
Speaker 3: Your time the footwork out. But then once you get used to it, you go.
Speaker 1: But there there are so many juicy things where like some scratches and fowling that could disqualified jump that would have otherwise been a winning jump, which is what happened to Sorrow this weekend. But yeah, it's really it's really complicated. So you bounce off the board and then you it's kind of like you kind of air run and then hit a pipe position in land.
Speaker 2: Oh it's crazy, that's why they'd be like.
Speaker 1: But then there's also triple jump, which is a different event but it's still into the pit. But there's a form difference of them. So the jumpers are the jumpers. I wanted to do high jump in high school. I didn't want to do the coach made me do high jump.
Speaker 3: In high school. I was actually a shot putter.
Speaker 2: Really, I know, I'm I'm not I'm I'm not saying I'm drunk. What you're saying, you don't got that shot put deck. They be having that neck.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, high school track is very different than bro you know you that's right. But in high school when I try to high jump, I just would tumble on the mat and it was just the failure.
Speaker 4: So like they have that big.
Speaker 3: Blue cushiony mat.
Speaker 2: But that makes sense because then gymnasts and like yeah, surely.
Speaker 1: So the transferable skills that people don't know is like in tumbling, when you're when you're cheering and you set for your tumbling, it's like arms straight up. So that helped me with the which should have helped me with high jump to like go up and arch over but because bass are like not that arch, that would be a tough for its long story anyway, to make a long story short, I ended up. I ended up not doing that. The only track and field event I did was shot put. But now I do distance running when I cam running the after Dark half Marathon. I went it last year. I love distance running. It's the only thing that makes me like not wound.
Speaker 2: Tight that's hugely unbreathing, right yeah, and pace and.
Speaker 1: Pace and not and not getting starting off too quickly like it's it's about controlling and choosing. Okay, I didn't know today would be like an Ari delayer. I mean, I mean, I'll be prepared next week to read you. Read you.
Speaker 4: What's your sign?
Speaker 3: I'm a capital cool.
Speaker 4: Okay, I've been prepared next week to read you.
Speaker 3: That's fine. Let's continue the magic that is women's sports.
Speaker 1: Because the a US I had a championship, right, yes, right, And so with the championship comes back to back champion been the Utah Talents.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: And the next guest that we have our show is the MVP, not not you know, not the little one, just the big one.
Speaker 3: That's a little big one.
Speaker 1: Okay, Jaylen Auchin, welcome to the show.
Speaker 3: So what's up, jade Lynn? How are you doing? I'm doing great?
Speaker 1: How are you guys? She's found the light and she's like all beaming. Yeah, we're not doing as well as the MVP.
Speaker 3: That's all I'm saying. Pretty awesome, but not as awesome as you. How have you been feeling? Like, what are the emotions like this last twenty four hours?
Speaker 5: I think it's just full of every positive emotion I can think of just the past twenty four hours. For me, it's sometimes it doesn't hit me until later, so I'm still living in like are we playing tomorrow? Like what's going on? But it's been awesome being able to celebrate with my teammates and just know that how much of the season, how much work we put in.
Speaker 2: I feel like you gotta be so strict during the season with yourself and your your dedication and your diligence. It's over, Like what's your thing? Is it like I'm gonna go get a drink? Is it like I'm about to eat like a ship ton of McDonald's.
Speaker 3: What, like, what are you doing? Just like ah, I can kind of let go now.
Speaker 5: The first thing I thought of after we won. I was like, we're going to karaoke. We're gonna sing, we're gonna dance, we're gonna have fun, and like we're gonna truly celebrate just who we are and like what we've accomplished. So first thought my head was karaoke. Oh my gosh, we did so many songs last night. It was so fun. I did drift Away with one of our media people. We did drift Away by Uncle Cracker and everyone was singing it, so it was fun growing up.
Speaker 4: That was actually probably my koke.
Speaker 6: It it gets the people going to So.
Speaker 4: What got you going this year?
Speaker 3: Obviously the motivation from last year.
Speaker 1: You were a reserve player, your name was valk Rode on your jersey and then you said that your goal was to get it stitched on. I mean, I guess it is beyond stitch. So what did the work look like making that transition.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think just the consistency of just thinking the game doesn't change. And that's true in every aspect and every sport. Like on paper, you gotta score more than the other team, you gotta do what it takes to just win pitch by pitch. So I think keeping just the mindset of dude, Yeah, I earned my spot being here, but it doesn't change how I play. It doesn't change I don't need to do any more than what I've already proved myself to be. So trying to just remind myself that throughout the whole year was a big goal for me.
Speaker 2: I think, you know so part of what makes the championship team a championship team is the level of buying. And there's kind of like a one identity or you know what I mean, like one mission of sorts. What would you say that was for the talents team? Like what was the team's identity?
Speaker 5: Are saying this year was built for this? We just bought into We're built for every moment, like hard, easy, whatever.
Speaker 1: It may be.
Speaker 5: We know what it takes and what we need to do in order to succeed the way that we did. So in every day, we just ended meetings like we're built for this, win or loose. We're built for this, like this is a lesson learned within itself, or this is a lesson of what consistency we need to accomplish.
Speaker 1: I mean, you've been consistently great because the towns obviously are back to back. But when you win, you get a target on your back, right, like the people people are looking at you all like y'all have the competition. So how did you maintain that consistency? How did you wake up and choose being built for this every every day.
Speaker 5: I like to think think of it as like a compliment if we have a target on our back, like we're doing something right, and just being in the mindset of pressure as a privilege as well as like we have the privilege to go through hard things, We have a privilege to show up as ourselves. We have just the opportunity to showcase to the next generation what great softball looks like all around.
Speaker 3: Throughout the whole league.
Speaker 5: So just knowing even though we have a target on our backs, again, the game shouldn't change and we know what we need to do at the end of the day.
Speaker 2: We just talked about the team's mindset, you know what I mean? But what was your mindset going into this championship series? Like what were you telling yourself that you had to live up to and what were you telling yourself to have such a impact on a game.
Speaker 5: Honestly, the night before the first game, I think I sat down and plugged my computer into the TV and sat there watched film throughout the year for an hour and a half maybe, And so just going into the preparation of that aspect too, of just I'm semi a nerd, so like I'm writing down all the stats, I'm writing down this and that for an hour and a half, I'm writing down what I've done personally and like what I might need to work on the next day. So it all goes into like the optional BP practices that we have too, and knowing my intentions with that and knowing like the film that I watched last night, I know the intention of my practice and optional practice the day after. So I think a lot of preparation individually, like night before games has helped too.
Speaker 1: I mean it absolutely were because you had a two roum homer in the first and of game two.
Speaker 4: I mean that film session work.
Speaker 1: So let's go from your mental to actually what you were seeing from the field. So what were you seeing from your plate?
Speaker 5: Honestly, it was a good day for me. Just I felt like I hit flow. And it's hard to describe, yeah, and some people don't understand what flow is, but like once you're in flow, like the ball moves slower, the ball looks bigger, like you're hitting a beach ball, and like if you have trusted your preparation beforehand, like with film.
Speaker 6: With with group.
Speaker 5: Like plans, We'll sit there and go through film and be like, hey, what are the lefties doing today? What are the right he's doing today? Like what what are we collectively gonna do to attack the pitch? To attack whatever we're seeing that day? And then I always give a big shout out to our coach. Will he preps me before every single got back, I'll stand him be like and if I don't know, I know that he knows how I play. So it's like, you tell me what to do? What am I gonna hunt today? Like what am I about to do into this box? Like am I gonna go halfway home? Which is a different stance that I do and like and being able to trust what he's telling me like it it's into me. It's like I know that he's making me better day by day, and I trust in that more than I'm like, hey, I don't feel like my swing's great today, but he's like, no, you can do it, like you got this, And so before every at bat I make sure to make my stop with Coach Will, and like he does, he gives me a little good luck rub on the helmet before every single at that and I like make sure he does it because I'm like, you're your powers are going through me.
Speaker 3: So it's been fun exactly.
Speaker 2: I mean that's really I think that's dope to hear because the relationship with coaching, I think is one of the most important relationships, and it doesn't always come together like you have in that relationship with your coach.
Speaker 3: Was that always there for you or did it.
Speaker 2: Take you know, some time to like build up that trust or did you kind of walk in and kind of feeling like, naw, this guy's got it.
Speaker 5: I think every day we kind of unlock just like a deeper connection with every single one of our coaches. I've been thankful to be with coach Will since I played at UCLA. He was there, so I was able to have like coach Lisa too. I had so many different people that I've had beforehand that have known just how I play, and again, like I trust them sometimes more than I trust myself. So yeah, Coach Will, and then I had Brandon work with me at optional practice too, like coach Lisa's in there, Coach Bear, everyone's every day. I feel like we're unlocking just a deeper level of connection and a deeper level of trust and just know that we thrive off of just having fun and so as long as we can keep it light and have fun. Like sometimes I have to apologize to Will because I'll be a little brat. Sometimes I'm like, I can't believe that happened to me, Like why am I doing that? And He's like, Okay, you're gonna get an You're gonna you're gonna get another at bat. I don't know why you're freaking out right now. And I'm like, you know what, Yeah, I'll talk to you next at that. So it's been fun.
Speaker 3: People don't a lot of people don't know.
Speaker 1: Like before the AUSL, there was AU right athletes unlimited, and it's very like point based, like based on your individual stats. But this is this is a team nature. It's going back to traditional you know, competition. So what element did you bring from how AU used to be structured to the AUSL.
Speaker 5: Now, Yeah, I was only able to experience a single season with the AU points and it was very different. I just coming from like the whole my whole life being on a team and just working as a team, working as a collective goal, working just as one unit, and then going into just an individual point system. It was kind of it was just a shock to me, and I didn't know how to just go about it. I think to me, that transition was really hard mentally because I'm so used to pouring into other people and I've never had to be like, wait no, like we have to trust ourselves and we have to earn it for ourselves like this that. But it's been an awesome transition back into a team setting of moving as a unit, moving as like having one collective goal, the classic one team, one heartbeat. Like going back into that role, I feel like I thrive a lot more because I just like working. I like team projects, and I like working together.
Speaker 2: The AUSL is experiencing a bit of a renaissance right now. How does that feel like when you're out there on the field, Like is that tangible to you?
Speaker 3: Do you feel it? Yes?
Speaker 5: Especially having this year of our home bases and being in Utah and like creating a true traditional team setup of set locations and having a huge fan base this year at Utah was it was crazy. I honestly one of the shocks to me. I didn't realize how big of a sports city Salt Lake was, and so like the turnout was crazy to me. So it was awesome being able to make those connections with fans and seeing just repetitive fans coming in coming into lines and be like we saw you yesterday, We'll be there at the games next week, Like we only live twenty minutes away. It's awesome that, like our city is able to have a professional softball team. So I've just come at it with like so much gratitude because I mean, one of the big home bases that I saw this year too was at Portland, and that's a very heavy female sports city. So I'm just like WHOA, Like we're the visiting team, and like when the games turned out the way they did of us playing over there, it was like, all right, this is a neutral site, but like we're still selling out the stadium. Like it's just awesome to see the growth of the sport and know that we have done so much, but there's still so much more to do and so much more growth to have.
Speaker 1: I love the idea of a renaissance, and I love the idea of still aiming for more.
Speaker 3: So as you navigate going from.
Speaker 1: Youth softball to like elite to college now pro what is the next chapter or what is the current chapter you're in, and what are you aiming towards next? You say you have a lot of growth obviously for the sport, but I want you to look internally.
Speaker 5: Internally, I think I have some goals of just playing internationally. I've always wanted to go experience the sport outside of what the norm has been for me at least, and so being able to experience different cultures of softball and the way that they work and function is one of my goals. So possibly looking into Japan hopefully or in the Mexico League that's growing actively too, So kind of just continuing to play softball, hopefully year round at some point, and just taking as long as my body is able to, like I want to play for as long as I can.
Speaker 1: Well, the show is called Everyone Watches Women's Sports? So who is one athlete woman athlete that you've been watching, whether that be your whole life or now.
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh, this is funny because this has been a frequent topic this past summer, but I used to watch Katie Ladeci growing up, and just the athlete that she is is amazing to me. I used to do I say, I did competitive swim. I did swim for like six years, but I was like five to eleven, so I don't even.
Speaker 1: Know if that counts.
Speaker 3: It does, thank you.
Speaker 4: That's what I think too.
Speaker 5: And sometimes I'll literally pretend like I'm Katie Leadecie and I brought my goggles this summer and like we'll hit I'll hit the point.
Speaker 3: In chocolate milk and then a couple gold medals, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: But definitely, Katie Lideki is someone that I saw watch growing up on the TV and I was like, she's insane.
Speaker 1: So just yeah, we can't wait to continue watching Jeden. You hold it down for all those that just want to be excellent in baskt and your greatness.
Speaker 3: Thank you, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: This was fun.
Speaker 3: Thank you, guys.
Speaker 1: I mean, Jalen is not the only MVP. You kind of You're kind of nice with softball too. Y'all don't know that. Y'all don't know this. And Sam Javen known each other and we didn't realize we didn't each other, like I guess we did because we were definitely talking back then, Like but the MLB had us out, yes, and when the softball tournament, but it wasn't much of a skillful one, No, it wasn't.
Speaker 2: It was a June teeth softball tournament and Alabama. Yeah, it was let's put on by Lebron's and interrupted and interrupted and you were there.
Speaker 1: So I was supposed to play, and I told my agent. I was like, yo, you got me messed up because like whenever I ever swung aback in my life.
Speaker 3: So I finessed my way into hosting it. Yeah, yeah with Hawks. Shout out to my cost. But that was fun. Yeah, I played little road play.
Speaker 4: It was a very bad game.
Speaker 3: Sack Stack was there at least. I'm yeah. It was a bad gay. It was terrible, But I got to hits you did.
Speaker 4: You were about the only one.
Speaker 3: I went home I got. I got on pace.
Speaker 4: You were literally the only one movie I got trained.
Speaker 2: Right before the game, I want you to know, I know I doubt I was doing. And one of my homies had to be playing. I just bumped into and he's like, Sam, you on my team, And I'm nice at this we're gonna win. And I was like, cool, but I want to hit the ball. And he was like, all you gotta do is like swing at.
Speaker 3: It like.
Speaker 2: Down and just go down and up and you're gonna be fine. And uh I did all right. I got m v P. I got the belt. I still got the belt.
Speaker 1: That belt was nice.
Speaker 2: The belt was nice. I still got my jersey. It's it's one of my only successful times in sport.
Speaker 1: Well, you you were, you were m v P.
Speaker 4: You have a belt, so I got that.
Speaker 3: That's more about sending anybody else has.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't have a bet.
Speaker 3: You didn't even play, Yeah, but you wanted to be. But you gave good vibe. I think you. I think you sprinkled a little. We've been sprinkling this whole time.
Speaker 1: I love a sprinkle, a little sprinkle, sprinkle, razzle dazzle. But you know, from from softball to baseball, we have somebody so special coming up on Nay Davis. I am so excited to talk to her because she's been famous for as long as I can remember.
Speaker 4: And I could have used some of her razzal dazzle on.
Speaker 1: Either baseball or softball because I still am challenging. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I just remember the Black Bats signal went up and they were like, hey, y'all, we got one over there in baseball wet tearing it up. I was like, it's time to pay attention.
Speaker 3: Well, let's talk to her right now.
Speaker 2: Well, I want to say when it's nice to meet you. I've never met you, and uh, I just want to say hello, I'm Sam. It's a pleasure. I'm so glad that you're here. I know you want already kind of know each.
Speaker 1: Other, like well and you know, you know if you didn't know not because you literally played so many sports. But she's a hooper.
Speaker 4: She's a hooper.
Speaker 1: I started Unrival Philly, trying to kind of get you in basketball again to like, I mean, hey, it is what it is.
Speaker 6: You still I still do. We got a basketball court at the hotel, so I'm it's my goal to get shots up every morning. I went this morning, still got it, you know, still working on my shot teachings. You know. I decided to have a career change somehow, some way, So I love But.
Speaker 4: Who's your player camp?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 3: Like if you're a hooper camp and then you can lie a little bit if.
Speaker 6: You won't that's I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 6: That's a I don't know. That's what I never thought about that. I used to say Steph Curry because I'm always more of a shooter, but I was pretty good at facilitating too, So I probably go with Steph Curry.
Speaker 1: You've been familys your whole life. Okay, we like, first of all.
Speaker 3: I can't believe you're this old.
Speaker 1: Now I'm gonna put your age outlet that because that means that puts my age out there like that. How often are you recognized just in everyday life? Does it ever get overwhelming for you?
Speaker 6: Nah, it doesn't get overwhelming. And now that I'm playing banana ball, it I hear it every day. If you don't know what banana ball is, you should look it up. It's a fun way of playing baseball. It's very entertaining for everybody. And so all the time we have to meet players before, we have to meet fans before the game and after the game, and every single game, I always get, oh, my my parents watched you or the parents I watched you. So it doesn't get overwhelming. It's just it's it's a feeling that's like, you know how when you like you, some significant happens and it gives me like nostalgic feeling. I look at it that way, like people remember where they were when they, you know, watch me play. So it's a good feeling, if that makes sense.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 2: Speaking of what, what was the highlight for you playing for the Indianapolis Clowns.
Speaker 6: I never thought in my life I would be going to any of the Dakota's and we got to play in North Kota, and I thought that was I thought that was super cool. Like that was after my birthday. I was like, Okay, I get to go to you know, that's my birthday gift. Get to go to North Dakota.
Speaker 3: Like who who?
Speaker 6: Like no one plays a trip to North Dakota.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna lie to you.
Speaker 2: I think like no one who doesn't live in the Dakotas thinks they're ever gonna go to the Dakota's because I had the same experience before I went.
Speaker 1: No shit, I wanted to go to the Dakota because I'm making my way through the fifty States.
Speaker 4: Okay, Dakota's gonna get you every time.
Speaker 3: Thea's gonna get you.
Speaker 6: Not much there, but I'm sure you could find something. Did you find something on that No, I say in the hotel.
Speaker 4: Okay, I mean your business.
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 1: But you mentioned that you played banana ball, and I know that that comes with a lot of fun too.
Speaker 4: Do you dance?
Speaker 3: Do you dance on the field.
Speaker 1: I know that tavana is different, but like we're in the dancing and stuff.
Speaker 6: I mean, I'm about the best, but I can get a little one too, Yeah, a little song, But I feel like that's what keep you engaged, especially if it's a dance you like. So twenty twenty, everybody was doing TikTok dances and so we kind of still do that, just on the field. And I started just I started posting tiktoks more just because I think it's fun. So I could dance a little bit, but like, don't expect me to go on a dance circle and dance for a minute straight. I can give you a good fifteen seconds and give you.
Speaker 4: A nice little to eight counts, not too much.
Speaker 3: So I fight women's sports.
Speaker 2: It's been having a lot of like breakthrough moments recently. A WNBA women's hockey, women's rugby. Why do you think now is a good time for women's baseball.
Speaker 6: I mean, you just said it. With all these leagues coming up and all the attention that they're getting, I feel like, why not add another one, Why not bring a refreshing sport. You know, everybody looks at baseball as kind of like, kind of boring. Not gonna lie, it is pretty boring, And I feel like us as women bring us special energy to the field, and I think it's gonna be so much fun. I can't wait. I'm excited about the behind the scenes stuff. Like we're in the same hotel for eight weeks, so like I'm be filming a lot, doing a bunch of tiktoks, just like behind the scenes to show the personalities that we have, because that's what really keeps people engage, is that personality off the field and then performing well on the field as well. So you just get you get new faces that you haven't seen before, new personalities, new content. I think it's overall it's gonna be so much fun.
Speaker 1: I mean, I know we started this talk with Unrivaled and seeing each other in Philly, but Unrivaled is like that too great one location.
Speaker 4: I remember Chelsea Gray saying like it.
Speaker 1: Was cute, and so you lose and you gotta walk down the hallway and see the people who just beat you. So what do you think the competition is gonna be like being in one location? I mean, yeah, the TIKSI is like great, but the competition.
Speaker 3: What about it?
Speaker 6: I mean it's only fourteens, so I think each time it's gonna get more and more competitive, Like you don't want to keep losing to the same team over and over again. And then they just had the WBC, which is the World Baseball Classic, and so USA, Australia, Mexico, USA kind of ran through everybody. So I know these other country the players on their team, they're gonna be ready to compete. So it's like, we gotta be able to keep that competition up.
Speaker 3: So I mean if we.
Speaker 6: Get spaining bad, yeah, it's gonna be hard. But at the end of the day is you gotta have that next play mentality and you don't want that to happen again. So it's gonna come you know, it's it's gonna come back to where you just that competition and you that competitiveness is just gonna come out and you don't want to lose to the same team, and there's only four teams in this league.
Speaker 3: Come on, athlete.
Speaker 2: Speaking of being like prepared for the competition, let's talk about like your practice schedule, your training special Like.
Speaker 3: How are you getting ready for the first pitch.
Speaker 6: So when I was playing, I've been playing banana ball since April, and we are basically practicing almost every day unless we're traveling. So I would always hit in the casion with the guys. I would take fly balls with the guys VP with the guys. I started staying again, Well, I did it once because we've been on a break. But I would stand in when the pitcher's throwing their bullpen just just to get my timing down and then just work on little things that I need to adjust so that way when I get when I got here the first pitch, it'll feel like nothing, just because I've been practicing so much and we have a practice schedule here. So we had a meeting today, we'll practice tomorrow, we'll practice throughout the week, and then play your first game Saturday.
Speaker 2: I mean that it's super dope because it's like what you're doing is historic. So I wonder, like when you're practicing with the guys up been on the ball, like, is everyone like rallying behind you? Is everyone like all right? You're like you're about to go do the thing?
Speaker 6: You know, not for sure there, I've say since I got there in April, they have been like asking me, are you ready? Are you ready? Are you ready? Like at first I didn't take BP with them, I didn't take fly balls with them, just because I felt like I was overstepping where I was supposed to do. But then once the head coach is like, you know you have season two, get in there, they wouldn't mind, they don't care. They started helping me out so much. They're they're just getting me ready and they're just like, I can't wait to see you kill it out there. I know they're going to be watching as many games as they can. So just to have that support from your male counterparts is just a lot. It means so much. So I'm playing for them, you know, I'm playing for myself, my family, you know, the next generation. But they've kind of they've grown so they've helped me grow so much and we become a family that you know, I'm also playing for them. And you know what, like you said, you asked me about the clowns, like that's my team. That's why I'm representing when I play.
Speaker 2: If I were to tell thirteen year old money that she'd be playing professional baseball today, what do you think she would have said.
Speaker 6: I wouldn't believe you. I wouldn't believe. I wouldn't believe that that was the thing, just because I didn't know any other I knew girls played baseball, but I didn't know it was that serious. So I wouldn't believe. If anybody said anything about me being a professional baseball player, I wouldn't believe anything because that wasn't my goal at thirteen. My goal was to go to Yukon, become the next mind more, go to the WNBA, And what was my goal? Like, that's that's what I knew, So I couldn't believe. I wouldn't believe anything anyone had to say about me being around baseball.
Speaker 1: And I got older, Oh my god. But you had such a path though, Like you. I remember when you committed and everybody was up because you chose an HBCU, Like why did you choose an HBCU? First of all, shout out to HBCU, But just talk to me about the college path of it all.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yah, shout out to Hampton. Hampton was such a fun time. But it's all about doing your research. So I did my research about different schools, and I reached out to different schools because I decided to play softball, like I said, in eleventh grade. And by that time, all these colleges have their commits already, so they're not looking for new commits. So I reached out to a bun j accus and Hampton got back to me, and then we toured the campus. I went to a camp. I got to meet the dean of journalism because that's what I wanted to study. So I got to meet the dean and she took me on a personal visit with my family during homecoming and so.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I'm about to say that's homecoming.
Speaker 6: I walked up. They were like, you want to play? You want to play? And I was I looked at my mom like they don't even know who I am, Like, why are they offering me food? Like it really offer food? Like it was that's what sold me. But he was like, I'm keep it in the back of my mind. I'm like, dang, this actually feels like home. It's not too far from home, but it's a good distance to mature and to grow. And once I met the Dean and she kind of took me under her wing to help me out with everything. It's kind of like a solidified decision. I had no second guesses at all, but going there it was probably one of the best decisions I've ever made. Like I have so many friends and so many different avenues, just I don't know, something about Hampton just has a special place in my hard. I go back from homecoming. My little sister's going there next year, so it's just like it's just it's just a family atmosphere that you know, I missed now, but I'm glad I made that decision.
Speaker 1: Speaking of research, uh, this is everyone watches women's sports, so there there's a wide range of sports covered and a lot of people don't know how different softball and baseball are. So can you describe some of the challenges I'm sorry, did I take a question that.
Speaker 2: Was no, I'm saying we're becoming a thing and I love this, like no, no, it's happening.
Speaker 3: Sorry about you, It's about you.
Speaker 1: So can you describe some of the challenges or just some of the differences between softball and baseball.
Speaker 6: Yeah, some of the differences. Well, obviously, the picture is still on underhand and the balls rising as it's coming to you, compared to baseball, where it's kind of coming down on an angle. The bases are closer the pictures. It seems like the pictures don't harder, but it's probably the same amount of reaction time. The fields just smaller. You have women who are gonna slap it, so they're running out the box while they're hitting the ball, which is very difficult because the bases are shorter, like I said, so you got to really release it quickly. It's just a faster paced game, like the game could finish an hour and a half compared to baseball, where it can be two hours plus. But other than that, the rules are kind of the same. You know, you have a certain amount of innings. Whoever scores more runs, they win the game. You have to wait till the balls release before you can take a lead, which is basically get off the base or steal. That's kind of really it. Other than that, everything's basically the same. It's just the bad and ball got to try to you know, godfielders literally that that's it. But there's like small things that are a little different.
Speaker 1: Well, thanks explaining the game to us, because and everybody out there, because they are different. So now it's time for own very little game. If a rapid fire, yes, yes, I I suppose I shall start and we will go like that, okay, on your walkout song or walk up song.
Speaker 6: So I have a couple. I know it's rapid fire, but I have a few. Lately, it's been Who's that girl by Eve because you know that's the one and she's from Philly, so I gotta represent Philly. After COVID, I chose PSA by jay Z because it's like, allow me to re introduce myself. So I had that one, and then honestly, I just chose for this leak, I chose a K pop song that's more of like a women's anthem. It's called this is for So just me giving a shout out for you know, all the women that are playing in this league. It's a new women's league, so just women power.
Speaker 1: I know that saying about me, But my my like mantra song every morning is let me but blow your mind by you, So like that's.
Speaker 3: That's the story of my life. I like that I like that. I like knowing that about you. Yeah, that's all right, best baseball movie of all time?
Speaker 6: Uh the Sandlot, I.
Speaker 1: I know you're gonna say it sound like because it is valid, No complaints, biggest superstition.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 6: I used to always play with some type of money in my back pocket, and I would always take a nap before the game with the money in your pocket. No, I would just take a nap in your pajamas or something, but a change like we're gonna us before the game. And I wouldn't give my mom he a change back and just be in my back pocket.
Speaker 1: And I was just crazy.
Speaker 6: Mes Yeah, just some type of money. Yeah, post game meal, Uh, chook place, fine, plase good for me.
Speaker 3: I need I need the order, all right.
Speaker 6: So it depends on what I'm feeling. So if I get nuggets, I'll get the eight count nugget meal and then I'll get some polyenes and sauce. If I'm getting the chicken sales meal, I have to get no pickles and then I get the pickles.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 6: There's just not on.
Speaker 2: Sandwich, no pickles in the barbecue sauce, honey roast and barbecue.
Speaker 3: Ooh you missed the chuffil a sauce with the barbecue sauce.
Speaker 1: That's the best coming.
Speaker 3: You like a mix on the sandwich.
Speaker 1: Well, see, I'm okay, because of course I'm began. But like when I do, when I have the fries, I'll mix anyway.
Speaker 3: This is again not about me.
Speaker 4: The most random thing in your baseball.
Speaker 6: Back, most random thing probably some bliss stacks or some lip bomb some gotta keep the lips right. Yeah, that's probably it.
Speaker 3: Pitch you think you'll hit your first home run off basketball?
Speaker 6: I think that's probably the easiest one. The hard and the furtherest goes out.
Speaker 1: Period, and that that's in the end for rapid Fire. But because the show is everyone watches women's sports. You just know who's a woman that you've been watching, whether that be growing up or right now in the women's sports space.
Speaker 6: So for a long time, I was a huge soccer fan, so I'd watch all the women's national team games. And I love an underrated player, and so christim Press was my girl growing up, like I would represent her at all time that I have a jersey of hers, So christin Press for sure. But lately, for like the past few years, it's definitely Paige. I've been watching Page a lot.
Speaker 4: I think she's like, it's like a very similar.
Speaker 6: Someone else told me that. I was like, I don't think so, but we'll see.
Speaker 1: Not not two people wrong. Tell you about yourself, well, our.
Speaker 4: Popular friend, Thank you so much, funny, it's been.
Speaker 6: Yeah, for sure, I appreciate it. Thanks for allowing me to come on. This is fun. That's fine. Hey, bring me back at the end of the season.
Speaker 1: We'll talk.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh now, it's that's the date. We gotta do it.
Speaker 6: Yah for sure. This great.
Speaker 3: Yay is great.
Speaker 1: Love her so much. She's been famous her whole life. Literally, I can't believe time lives like that.
Speaker 3: I feel old.
Speaker 1: We are old, we are, But you know what a tail is oldest time is the dominance that is US women's water polo.
Speaker 3: The US Senior national water polo team won.
Speaker 1: Gold because what's Neil? Because these this is a dynastic program at the twenty twenty sixth World Aquatics World Cup with a thirteen nine victory over Spaining.
Speaker 4: If you know anything about water polo, you.
Speaker 1: Know that means you're intense.
Speaker 3: Yes, you're intense, and you got that that helmet.
Speaker 1: That helmet should try, but I'm like looking underwater and they're just like battling it out underwater, and I'm like, oh, water.
Speaker 4: Polo has got to be miserable.
Speaker 2: Probably one of the first times I really watched it was like the last Olympics, like if it's on, I might just let it be on. But this time I paid attention and I was like, oh.
Speaker 3: No, they're like they're like going at it.
Speaker 1: When I tell you, I love them first of all. They the reason why I cover them is because I was talking in a women's sports foundation.
Speaker 3: I was like, I cover every sport, no matter the age level, ability or sport.
Speaker 4: And Maggie Stephan.
Speaker 1: Who was on the senior national team, she's she's so great, so good in the sport. I was like, you don't cover us. When I went on a deep dive, no pun intendent a water polo, I was like, this sport is so hard, Like I'm not a brough treading water. Sometimes just imagine your entire sport, like treading is the rest.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, that's how you chose. I'm I'm okay, listen, okay, I'm I'm a city kid.
Speaker 3: So I was taught to swim at the y Oh.
Speaker 2: Why Yes, Yes, I'm a real I'm a real city kid. So I am a strong pool swimmer.
Speaker 3: Oh I love that. Now you put me in an ocean, we're in trouble.
Speaker 1: Okay. My goal is in the ocean because I do go.
Speaker 3: We're dealing with waves. I'm like named after the Mermaid, and I'm a pisty. But I'm good. I'm good in a pool. Yeah, I'm good at a pool. And then we'll have a water polo battle.
Speaker 2: You might, we'll see. I'm not even gonna say you might. I'm not going lay down for that because we're the powerful.
Speaker 3: It might be. Yeah, I'll be some competition.
Speaker 1: I'm own it, period.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's see what's up.
Speaker 2: I get worried about you because you just you're more active with than me. But I'm floating.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, buoyant is a real thing. I got you better be our boyant.
Speaker 3: I got I got yeah, but.
Speaker 4: I gotta less wrap around and drag you down.
Speaker 3: That's murder.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: You know, Sam and I like to be into the thick, into the thick of it, into the swing of it, into the swing of it. Oh, we have to keep y'all updated on what everyone's watching. So we just talked to her earlier Monteue Davis. She's a part of the Women's Pro Baseball League. They're opening day August first. It is in true rivalry fashion, Los Angeles versus New York. Okay, it's kind of like w NBA and did thirty years ago, La versus New York. Well, that's the tap off, but like let's it's gonna be great on and popping. Also, we are still trying to recover from All Star. Still a customer uncovering. But there's a whole second half of the season, so I don't know how these officers are going to go play games, but it's happening.
Speaker 3: So the second half of the season.
Speaker 2: The second half of the season's coming, and I am excited.
Speaker 3: One.
Speaker 2: I'm excited excited to have more time to watch. The first half of the season. I was road heavy, but because you're popular the second half, I'm going to be home a lot more so I got just more time to tap in. I feel like whatever happened over All Star weekend, what happened that was most important is the mess got cleared.
Speaker 4: The air.
Speaker 2: The air is clear, and we're rolling into the second half of the season.
Speaker 3: Is strong.
Speaker 2: I'm always looking forward to my Liberty. I'm always looking forward to how that doesn't play.
Speaker 1: No, she lives in Atlanta now.
Speaker 2: So I live in Atlanta now, so I'm also watching the dream. But I'm just excited. I always feel like the second half of the seasons when the competition just picks up. Now we're all running towards the championship. Things are real, and I just think we're gonna just see some some great games all around. Lucky for you New York and Atlat I still have to play, So there's some there's some little matchups there, but it's it's do or die for these teams because only the top eight teams make it into finals. Mind you, expansion has happened, so your odds are even less and so it's going to be a fight to the finish.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of parody in the league right.
Speaker 2: Now, and there's also like some like there's some expansion teams that are like like Toronto's.
Speaker 3: Interesting, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Like there's teams that are like you can't just go like, oh they're new, right, they have nothing to do with it.
Speaker 3: You're like, no, they're coming, And then.
Speaker 1: Like going into All Star break, even though they lost right before. Golden State has been absolutely nuts. Not in a row is crazy. So I don't know if if people who were predicting the season saw that for them, but they sure did rally.
Speaker 2: The Valkras and like they have a lot of home sport. Yeah, oh my gosh, already they're getting shown up for you know what I mean. Their mascot got a.
Speaker 1: Cruise violence now.
Speaker 4: Split she clam slams all of it.
Speaker 2: There's a different sauce coming from there, vibes all around, for the.
Speaker 1: Vibes all around. So I just want to see. I want to see if New York can recover. I know they've had a bumpy, bumpy road, but all in great, great competition. I was about say, all in great fun. I don't think it's gonna be all in great fun. I think it's gonna be all in great grit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, New York's gonna have to dig it out yep. Yeah, but they can do it.
Speaker 1: They can. I absolutely believe New York and a leanter and probably in this particular of like inconsistencies.
Speaker 4: But we'll see.
Speaker 1: Uh we talk about them a lot because that's where we live. But you know, it is what it is. Also, this is completely not here, but it's Tour de France fem August first through the ninth. The total distance one and seventy five kilometers and that's just nuts to me.
Speaker 3: That's just nuts. A lot of bike.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a lot of pedaling.
Speaker 3: Fun fact about Ari, she can't ride a bike. She can do everything else but ride a bike. So I finally shine.
Speaker 4: You've been shining this. I'm not on tour for comedy.
Speaker 1: I don't know people.
Speaker 2: This is the one thing because you're always like no, no, no, no, no, thank you, tumble but you don't make skydiving all the things.
Speaker 3: But I cannot ride a bike.
Speaker 2: Yea, yeah, I'm gonna make you balance, baby, get on this bike.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm terrified. Actually the ground is hard water. At least you can the older you get to. The scarier of a bike situation is.
Speaker 3: Like I'll jump from playing ten times before I try to paddle down the street. It's kind of nuts. I can teach you.
Speaker 2: I'm very I've done this before with like with someone that was not a child.
Speaker 1: You were just talking about the US women's water polo with the helmets.
Speaker 2: I am like, we'll get you together. Am I gonna have a good helmet and my knees?
Speaker 3: Is it? All of it?
Speaker 1: All the paths because I you know, we can't.
Speaker 3: I can't. You gotta.
Speaker 1: If y'all see me with scratches and bruises, it's because of Sam and she got me on a bike and I'm just gonna be so.
Speaker 3: I think you'll kill it like real easy. We can we can do hard things. We can do hard things.
Speaker 1: We can do hard things, but we can also talk to y'all every single Thursday. We'll see you next to me.
Speaker 3: Yes, happy,