Speaker 1: Drive Time with Travis Winfield begins.
Speaker 2: Now let me check your pulse.
Speaker 3: If you're not far though, I.
Speaker 1: Mean, what is up? What is up? What is up? What is up? Dolphins? And welcome to the Drive Time Podcast, part of the Miami Dolphins podcast network, covering your team, your Miami Dolphins. How's it going everybody? I am your host, Travis Wingfield And if you can't tell, I'm awfully fired up today. That's what seventy seventy count them seventy points will do for you. The Dolphins role at home in the opener over the Denver Broncos, seventy to twenty is your final. We'll break it all down, including audio from Tuatanngua bai looa from Mike McDaniel, from Raheem Moster from toront Armstead. I'll give you my five takeaways. We'll tell you the story of the game, the play before the play, talk about all the individuals that popped off in this one. As the Dolphins pull off a seventy to twenty victory. And you know what time that means that it is wait when.
Speaker 4: Win win win win, Yeah, everything of win, win, win win.
Speaker 1: When I'm saying that from the Baptist Health Studios inside the Baptist Health Training Complex.
Speaker 3: This is.
Speaker 1: The Draft Time podcast. That's another Miami Dolphins. Where do you start after a football game like that? First, let's go ahead and mention this. The Dolphins are three and zero and nobody else in the AFC can say that they're a top the AFC East. They're a top the AFC. They have three conference victories. One of those is a victory in the division on the road, with a chance to get a second one of those next week in Buffalo. We'll get to that when we get to that, though, because this Miami Dolphins team, who they set or tied thirteen franchise records with a seventy to twenty victory over the Denver Broncos. First, Miami scored fourteen in the first, twenty one on the second, fourteen and the third, twenty one in the fourth, and here are some of the numbers from the game. The Dolphins achieved thirty first downs to Denver sixteen. They were five of nine on third down, just one for four on fourth down or one for three on fourth down. Rather, the Broncos had three for twelve on third down very efficient there, and zero for one on fourth, Miami outgained Denver seven hundred and twenty six to three hundred and sixty three. They outpassed them three seventy six to two ninety four. They out rushed them three point fifty to sixty nine. The Dolphins ran seventy one plays and achieved seven hundred and twenty six yards, That is ten point two yards per play. They came into this game averaging seven point three yards per play, was one full yard more than the second place team in that category, which that category typically translates over the course of a seventeen game season into the best offenses in the NFL, And well, Miami got after it with over ten yards per play in a game where they ran seventy one plays. Absolutely outrageous. The Dolphins also had three takeaways and no giveaways, They did not allow a quarterback sack, and they got Russell Wilson to the ground one time. They also had fewer penalties six for fifty five to Denvers seven for forty six, and the Miami Dolphins possessed the football for thirty three minutes and twenty one seconds in the game. How about those records we talked about most points in franchise history seventy. They were just two points off the all time mark, which was done back in nineteen forty. I mean, come on, the Dolphins are really by modern era standards. That's the record seventy points which the Ravens got, or rather the Rams got against the Ravens back in nineteen fifty, and Washington scored seventy two against the Giants back in nineteen sixty six. So I feel pretty confident saying that the Miami Dolphins performance in this game is the best in the modern era since the merger, right, So pretty impressive what they pulled off there. How About the most total yards in a game seven one hundred and twenty six, most touchdowns in a game ten, most rushing yards in a game three hundred and fifty, most pats ten in a game. How about some individual records. Most touchdowns in a game by a rookie for devon a chain four, Jason Sanders had the ten pats. That's a record for an individual. Most rushing yard cards in a game by rookie, two to three for a chin. Most passing yards through three games in Dolphins history, Tua has oney twenty four yards. Most receiving yards through three games and Dolphins history, Tyreek Hill has four hundred and twelve most points scored in a game by an individual. Raheem and Devon both scored twenty four points in this game. Those are records together most touchdowns in a game, well, the Raheem and Devon both tied that mark as well with four each. And then most points scored in the second half of a game in team history, they tied that with thirty five. Again, seventy points, the most in the NFL since nineteen sixty six and tied for the third most in any game in NFL history. I want to go ahead and hear from Mike McDaniel how it all happened.
Speaker 3: That's a lot of players executing a lot of things to a standard that's unrelenting.
Speaker 2: You know, I think that.
Speaker 3: You see where guys are at for me when you have a lead. So many leads are vulnerable in this league. So you know, we'd talked at length all off season, you go, you know, just about adversity, and sometimes adversity is having a score to lead because you can let the atmosphere dictate.
Speaker 2: Your product. So what I saw.
Speaker 3: From a lot of guys, and specifically when you're talking about that type of production, Well, that that's that's guys really taking taking it to heart that you know, we have one off with this team in twenty twenty three, and we're gonna make the most of it and be unrelenting with our standards. So you know, I've said it time and time again that it's an incredibly coachable locker room, and they they definitely earned that that Victor.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's go ahead and cover the game story. I'm sure most of you watch the game. If you did not welcome into the podcast, we'll go ahead and tell you about how the Dolphins pulled off a seventy to twenty victory over the Denver Broncos. And it started early a three play seventy five yard drive where I was really impressed early on. We'll get to this in the takeaways with how the Dolphins just continue to develop wrinkles off of the looks they run offensively. The first two plays of the game, little outside toss plays and there was tons of toss sweeps in this game, tons of crack toss where you have the receiver comeback and pin the outside edge and then all of a sudden, it's a running back Raheem or Devon up against a cornerback. Who those guys, you know, their primary job in the NFL is not to tackle on the perimeter. It is part of the job, but their cover guys primarily. Whereas you hem that edge defender in and get your running back one on one and gets a cornerback, that's pretty a pretty smart way to get your running back in position to make one man miss, which is what you want to do in every single run. Block it up well, have your running back miss, and they continue to get themselves gaps off the edge where they can utilize that speed and utilize both a chain moster Savon Ahmed when he gets back Jeff Wilson today, Chris Brooks all those guys' ability to slip tackles, attack the edge of the defender and create space that way. But it was so cool to see the Dolphins run that opening play off to the left, get linebacker flow that way. They peel off of that and come with the pass to Duram smythe back over the middle that worked off that same concept. Then the third play of the game, you run this crossing concept where Tyreek and Chosen cross over the middle. Of the field and two defenders converge on the dig route by chosen and Tyreek runs the deep over the deep cross or I think they call it a high cross and tosses that long pass to him and then from there he's off to the races for a fifty four yard touchdown and goes and sits in the stands with his friends and celebrates with Miami Dolphins fans and the offensive line on that play, as they were all day long, absolutely stellar. To Ron Armstead won his block so convincingly, and so did Isaiah Win and so did Connor Williams, and so did Austin Jackson. Where Rob Hunt on that look where he pulls backside and goes and picks up the edge on his own, he didn't have anything to do because all other four guys were locked down in their one on one pass protection, and of course he went and found work because that's what he does. But it was a microcosm of what was to come in this game. But to Ron Armstead, fantastic on that rep. Broncos go three and out after Cater cuts down an end around in wide open space and then makes a great play on the football against Courtland Sutton down the field. Just love the way Cater stays in phase, stays patient, and separates the hands. He is really coming into his own here. Early on in second the second season of his career, the Dolphins come back with a seventy nine yard touchdown drive that finishes with an eight yard devon a chain run Armstead, a couple of big blocks in space again Achane, a twenty six yard player where you saw the speed for the first time really pop to a hit where heem on a couple of passes anything you want down the field. Miami goes and scores. The Broncos answer back and get a seventy five yard touchdown of their own to make it fourteen to seven. But here comes Miami once again, seventy five yards, this time a Tua pass to a Chain for six the little shovel inside his first career receiving touchdown, second career touchdown, and a second touchdown in this game as well. But it was more of the same. They continue to get different looks. Two to Tyreek for nineteen yards, this time against zone coverage. So you see the Broncos trying to figure out, how do we attack this offense? And we talked about Patrick Sartain, who, for my money, he's probably the best cornerback in the National Football League. They went after him today and they had success going up against the best in the league. Man zone. They were trying to find answers and they just couldn't find any of them, as Miami got whatever they wanted all day long. They go from that look to an I formation play where Raheem gets seventeen yards with Williams and Jackson hitting big seals and Rob Hunt climbing up to the second level like he does every single game. Erasing linebackers, you get back to back screens to Raheem Moster. You kind of wondered who might fill in for Waddle's absence in this game in the passing game, and the answer was a lot of guys. But Moster a kind of fulfilled that role, having the third most receiving yards on the team in the game, and it was second most until Chosen got deep for a long touchdown. More on that in a moment. You get two it to bury us on third and four where he just understands the pre snap process of what he's looking at too. What does and we'll talk about this more in a minute where they get pressure. You know, I thought Austin got pushed back a little bit in the two his lap. With the balls out so quick, it just didn't matter. So the one time a couple times they get past rush wins wasn't very frequently. But when they do, our quarterback masks it. That's his superpower man, one of his many superpowers that he has. We also had three penalties or three situations on this drive where Miami got backed up first and seventeen, second, nineteen and first and twenty overcame all of them. It just did not matter at that point. At this point, two was twelve for twelve, a buck fifty five and two touchdowns, and h And had sixty three yards from scrimmage and two touchdowns, and Miami's averaging ten point seven yards per play. When will it stop? The answer is it didn't. The Broncos do answer back with a field goal to make it twenty one to ten. You get a third and seventeen play where once again Caterko who flies downhill and blows up a screen pass and creates some indecision or some bounce back from the receiver and he runs right into Van Ginkle for a double team tackle to get that play down on the ground. And in fact, Javon Holland made a big play on second and goal on that drive where he got the ball carrier down before the end zone, and that create a situation where the Broncos got flagged on third and down creates a third and seventeen that gives you the play that he made there. So Javon Halland on that big stick on the ball carrier along with the shan Elliott was our play before the play, just noting that here off the top. You then come back and the Dolphins turn it over on downs four plays, four straight runs, two consecutive runs up the middle for Ingolds stuffed on third and fourth and one. That was about the only part that went wrong for the Dolphins offense in this game. And then the Dolphins complimentary football on defense to come back on the other side, and it's twenty one to ten. The Broncos are right in this game. They're in scoring range, they're infield goal range already. But what does Miami do but get a negative seven yard drive out of their defense to push them back. Jerome Baker gets a beats a block for a pressure Wilkins and Ginkle make a play on a big negative run play to turn it into second and fourteen into third and seventeen. Then you get a blitzerm Xavien Howard to heat up Russell Wilson where he throws it away for incomplete and they have to punt the football. And then Miami comes back and gets a twenty yard touchdown run from Raheem Moster after the play where Tyreek catches one for thirteen yards and almost stayed up on the tackler and took off for sixty six more yards. It was a fun highlight. It didn't count, but it also didn't matter because we go Raheem for eight, Raheem for fifteen from two, Credcraft for thirteen, two of just in his bag, sixteen for sixteen. In fact, he hit his first seventeen passes in this game. And then Raheem hits a twenty yard touchdown rown conviction, breaks the linebacker tackle, sprints to the pylon for six dives in for a touchdown, one of his four on the day. Then you get a one play drive from the Broncos. It's a Javon Holland punch out fumble forced Van ginkle scoops it up and shows you the running back skills that he has. He runs up with the ball very intently, doesn't he He looks so good doing that several years in a row. Now takes down to the three yard line and Raheem Moster goes in untouched for a three yard touchdown run to make it was at thirty five to ten at this point. The Broncos do get a field goal hit some more explosive plays, but Justin Bethel comes down and shuts down a screenplay to put them in position for a field goal try. So thirty five thirteen at the half. The Broncos come out and punt right way with two really impressive plays from Justin Bethel and David Long. They both came down and defend the running plays where they scraped off of the block, off of the connection of offensive line versus defensive line, stay in tight to that block, come down and peel off of that and make the play in the backfield. Both he and David Long had big sticks. David Long's a three yard tackle for loss on third and one to force the punt team out. Dolphins get the ball back and they go down and score a touchdown six. Consistently throughout this game, the offensive line so much push and Raheem I cannot wait to see his broken tackle, yardage and yards after contact for both he and a chain. But so frequently on those outside perimeter runs, the Dolphins running backs are getting two, three, four yards into the defense before they even get contact. That's a good recipe for success running the football. Then you go two to Tyreek on third down with a beautiful throw where he's got pressure in his face, moves out to the outside, throws it right on the face mask of Tyreek Hill. Just absolutely beautiful. Then he finally misses a throw. It's the one that was a little bit off to Tyreek on a comeback. It was kind of a cool angle I had in the press box coming right towards me. I was like, Ah, he's got the anticipation, balls out early, Tyreek snaps it off and the ball just comes up a little bit short. His first miss of the day. And that was really the only ball that we thought, you know, seth oj and I thought that he actually missed the throw on so one throw of the entire twenty sixth throw day, for two of he misses. How dare he Then we get a chan on forty yards and a little reverse working through all that traffic, just making guys miss through a sea of orange jerseys. So impressive, and then Raheem Mosher becomes the first Dolphins touchdown with three Dolphins player with three rushing touchdowns since Ricky Williams in twenty nineteen, to make it forty two to thirteen. And then the Broncos fumble again, and this is after they had another big play. In fact, the Broncos had a lot of explosive plays in this game, long kickoff return for a touchdown at one point we'll talk about this. They had seven plays of fifteen yards plus something to get corrected for next week, but the Dolphins stayed with it. On one of these plays where it looked like a bust in coverage, Javon Holland runs it down and strips it out. Cater Kohu falls on it. Another takeaway there. Dolphins take the football back and go score another touchdown and make it forty nine to thirteen, just two to eight, chain for a bunch of Forcemith tackle seventeen yards, two to tyree for eighteen yards, run the ball all the way down the field just put the ball in perfect shape. And then two of passes to Raheem who has an absolutely stunning run, making guys miss tapping his toes inside the white perimeter to stay in bounce and gets a lead block from Julian Hill for a nice catch it run for a touchdown, his fourth of the game. The Dolphins come back and get a pick off Russell Wilson to Sean Hand bats the ball down. Emmanuel Ogba picks it up and has a first career pick for the Miami Dolphins. He also had a sack layer of the game that was great to see from Ogba, to see him do the roll of dice and celebrate that like he does. Dolphins come back and score a touchdown. The second shovel pass inside, we get all this orbit motion reverse action two. It looks like he's gonna hand it off to the running back going around him, and then he takes it with his right hand, flips it inside no look for a touchdown, his second touch of the day. Dolphins go three and out, Broncos go three and out. Then we get Mike White sixty eight yards to Robbie Chosen for a touchdown. A thing of beauty. The Broncos return the ensuing kickoff for a touchdown to get back on the board for their twentieth points of the game. And then Miami gives it back to devon Ah Chain and he goes seventy yards for a touchdown run. And then I stopped taking notes. So the Dolphins were in position to kick a field goal there to make it seventy three to thirteen or to twenty at the end, they opted not to good choice there, good sportsmanship from coach to not go for the field goal to get the record setting points, but they were in position to potentially attempt that long field goal. That's your game story. It's a long one. Let's go ahead and take our first break rate there. We'll come back on this side and do a couple of takeaways. We'll finish up with the rest of the five takeaways here from the Dolphins seventy Broncos twenty. That's all next Draft Time podcast, your host Travis Wingfield, brought to you by I Don'tation, segment number two of a Week three recap podcast. Here your host, Travis Wingfield, how much fun was that seventy to twenty The Dolphins win to go to three to zero for the second consecutive season. Let's go ahead and do our five big picture takeaways from this game. And I wrote this down pretty early on and things got a little more out of hand after the fact. But number one is the offense continues to give the defense more than they can handle, and Tua is the point guard of it all. I mentioned it in the game story, just the action on that opening drive, with the sweep runs that we'd see so much more of the idea of getting receivers involved in the blocking game down the field, on crack toss out in space, on screens for one another, on end to rounds. They just work relentlessly together to create big plays in the run game, in the passing game, and then coach McDaniel creates all these this action and wrinkles and we're gonna show you one thing and give you something else. Like keep going back to the comment he made, We're like he kind of talked about laughing at the idea of Mike McDaniel's offense. It's like, no, it's not really what it is. It's an offense that evolves year to year because if you're not staying ahead of the game, then you're gonna get caught up, and all of a sudden, your system can get figured out and you'll be relegated back to a coordinator or position coach where you know you worked all your life to get to this position. But if you stay stagnant, you're gonna wind up going back to where you were when you wanted to be in this position. The shovel passes inside, I mean, come on, you kidding me. The ability to erase long down distances, it doesn't matter if they lose yard on plays, doesn't matter if they get flagged for penalties. You don't want those things, but they overcome them all the time. And so this offense, the way it's creating space, the way it's running the football. First team ever to run for three point fifty and pass for a three to fifteen a football game. We saw it last year the Cleveland Browns game. I thought was the most complete offensive showing for the Dolphins in the entire season, and they put up points on points on points on points because they could run the football and hit the Browns with the pass in that game. We saw it in this one. We've seen it all year. Really for the first three games it wasn't as volume numbers for the first game, but the efficiency has been there, and so that complements a quarterback who is playing right now out of his mind. I mean the way too was seeing the field, the way he's playing. How good does he look? He looks to me like a slugger who is seeing beach balls right now come off the pitcher's hand. He hits the back of that, drop the balls out. It's on target. He knows where his answers are. It's there's a play in the game where he has pressure against a free run off play action back to the defense, turns around, a massive human being is right there in his face, closing downhill. It doesn't matter. I'll just fade away from it, drop the arm slot around you, and throw it right on the face mask of the receiver ten yards down the field. The timing of these plays, whether it's Waddle, whether it's Tyreek, whether it's today Cedric and Chosen, whether it's Kraykraft, whether it's Julian Hill, or it doesn't matter. It just doesn't matter. It's all so perfect, it's all so well orchestrated. Coach talked about this in his postgame press conference about the orchestration of this offense and how timing base it is, and how important it is for your quarterback to be so on with every rhythm everything that he does. And Tua is that getting the running backs involved. He knows where the defense's vulnerability is. We know about all these two high shells the teams have played for the Patriots last week a three high sheale take away all the vertical passing game. Force an offense to stay on the field, force him to matriculate the ball down the field, and eventually they'll make a mistake. Right twas not making the mistake he made one last week and one in the Charger game. But that's it. And when you're scoring one hundred and thirty points in three games, who gives the damn You can afford a couple of picks here and there, as long as you stay aggressive and stay diligent, and stay deliberate with how you're throwing the football. And Tua is just on it, man. You know, I talk about Daniel Jeremiah, the NFL Network analyst and Move the Sticks podcast all the time, and I recall on a podcast he talked once about how the maturation of a quarterback should look something like this, At first, you probably have to make most of your plays with your athletic ability, your arm, whatever the case may be, your natural physical skills. Then, as you mature a little bit, you begin to understand more passing concepts and what they're supposed to do and how they benefit you. But then as you hit your peak and your prime and you establish your position in the NFL, you should begin to understand the vulnerability of coverages, the defensive structure, how their concepts are vulnerable, how to attack those vulnerabilities. And I think it's pretty damn safe to say that we have arrived at that moment this year with Tua because everything he's doing in structure, outside creating pre and post snap, the accuracy different throws, he's arrived. Man. I mean, look at these stats. On the season, he's twenty three or he's seventy two for one oh one, he has oneenty twenty four passing yards, eight touchdowns, two picks, and a one twenty one point nine passer rating. He's en fuego. Let's go ahead and hear from him on how cleaning up the operation a little bit this offseason has benefited him and this entire offense to again go out and put up one hundred and thirty points in three football games.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think this is this is some of the best that Mike's done. And it's not not necessarily the play call as much as how much or how fast Might gets to play in and how we can operate with our motions, our pre snap deals, get guys in right positions. And I think he's done a really, really good job. That's something that we've wanted to work, that we've wanted to work on this offseason, and it's paying dividends for us.
Speaker 1: Look, this is gonna sound like a selfless shameless plug here, no selfish shameless plug here on the podcast, But I talked about it all summer long that I was so excited about this offense because I believed the areas of the shortcomings this offense had a season ago, I thought were so easily fixable. We didn't have to go out and find a four to two receiver that was one of the best in the league. We didn't have to go out and find a quarterback with a top five draft pick. We didn't have to go out and find an innovative play caller. We had to figure out how to clean up pre snap operation and cut down offensive penalties. And they worked diligently all off season as a team to go out and accomplish that, and through three games they have And it makes me think about the benefit of that of getting this team to the Lion scrimmage with fifteen to twenty segments in the play clock a post to ten like it was last year at times where you're trying to get all these motions sorted out and try to get things figured out. Because for Tua, once he can diagnose and see there's quarter quarter a half, that's a hybrid coverage. I have quarters over here, I have cover two over here. Once he can process all that then get to his motions, he can be the most dangerous quarterback in the NFL because of how sharp he is with all that stuff, because of how accurate he is, because of how he can anticipate when he has that information. You have taken this quarterback strengths, you've built around it, and now in the second year, you've enhanced it in a way that is almost indescribable, because I mean, our offense had a record siting day by scoring the most points in franchise history and the third most points of all time, and we didn't even have a receiver who last year was on the doorstep of fourteen hundred receiving yards. He wasn't in there. In fact, we haven't had a game this year with Tuoa, Tyreek, Testead and Waddle all together. That was a big concern, right. I remember being in Houston in joint practices hearing the chatter if they lose Tyreek, if they lose to run, this offense is screwed one hundred and thirty points. I don't think so. Tim twenty three for twenty six, three h nine, four touchdowns, a one point fifty five point eight passer rating. Again, he's seventy two for one oh one. He has one thy twenty four passing yards in three games. He has eight touchdowns, two picks, a one point nine passer rating. Let's go ahead and hear from his head coach on the growth to it has displayed as he had an opportunity today that was similar to the pick he threw against the Patriots last week, but to the most coachable player he's ever coached and the most or the best learner he's ever been around. Learned from that mistake and grew upon it.
Speaker 2: No he's he's learning every week. Man, he's the one of the.
Speaker 3: I've said it before in record, he's like the most coachable, best learner that I've ever been around, so that everything that happens, you know, you guys, have you heard adversity as an opportunity? Yeah, well that's that's how he looks at it.
Speaker 2: And he.
Speaker 3: You know, for instance, he thought he was short changing how fast it was getting to plays in last week and wasn't looking at his wristband fast enough. So he was he kept the tempo moving, and then you have to you have to execute aggressively with the defenses giving up while they take something away. So you know, when when safeties are super high and wide and deep, you know, he he learned from his interception from the Patriots game. In that moment, he was trying to win the game and threw it up to Tyreek and he had a check down to Raheem Moster. I think it was on the same play or a very similar play. It wasn't the same play, but a similar situation where he threw in the second half.
Speaker 2: A checkdown to uh Devon.
Speaker 3: That last week, he would have thrown into tight coverage and that's all you're trying to do is is.
Speaker 2: A lot of people.
Speaker 3: It's hard to get better continually because it's exhausting and you just want to feel like, Man, I've arrived.
Speaker 2: That's not him.
Speaker 3: That's why I will continue to see a better version of him as he progresses. He's a season and three games into this offense, and the sky's the limit for him as long as him and his teammates continue to put as much focus on preparation and practice and all of those things that.
Speaker 2: Makes Sunday as possible.
Speaker 1: Like that amazing, amazing day again, first team to ever rush for three fifty and throw for three fifty and the Dolphins have the second highest success rate. We're gonna get more analytics on the Marls podcast for you guys. Since twenty twelve, they are fifty four point six success rate and the difference between the Dolphins and the second place team on that list is the same difference between the second place team out list and nineteenth place team. Dolphins offense right now is doing something very very very special. Takeaway number two, welcome back to the lineup to Ron Armstead. You get the big man back, a potential future Hall of Fame left tackles, had a great career with the Saints, looked awesome with us in the one plus year that we've had him here, and you just start rolling. I mean the pass protection on the fifty four yard Tyreek touchdown, the ten yard carry that Raheem had, or rather fifteen yard carry Raheem had in the second drive, he gets out in space and wipes out a defensive back. He carries a linebacker down the field twenty yards on a separate block. He was just in his bag. I cannot wait to go back and watch the tape and give you guys more info on this, because right now I don't have a lot just those few plays I mentioned for you there. But hey, we're averaging seventy points per game with Threw on the lineup. Let's go ahead and hear from him on the game on what he thinks this offense proved today.
Speaker 4: I think we're dangerous, you know what I mean. So I think we're gonna get everything's best. So it's no you know what we did to the team. I think we're gonna get every team's best shot. They gonna put their best game plan together. They got guys, We got guys on the airs that they have to scame for. We got guys on the backfield. They have his skame Ford, so's no nobody's gonna take us lightly anyway, you know what I mean. So it's like, yeah, we don't get everybody got shot.
Speaker 1: He's not wrong there, and I trust the Dolphins to give their best shot back in return. Again, the entire offensive line deserves their flowers. In fact, takeaway number three takes us into the backfield and welcome to Miami. Devon a Chain, But also don't forget about Raheem Moster. He's pretty damn good too. Eight touchdowns among the Dolphin two backs, and Chris Brooks had himself a big game as well. But man, how fast did Devon a Chain look? We talked about his speed all off season, right McDaniel fist pumping after the draft. The projected potential all time forty yard dash at the combine didn't go that way, but he was still sub four to four and he has the quicks, he has the jets. We heard from fantasy pundits, film gurus myself how much his speed and his dynamic ability to threaten the edge could benefit this offense. And now maybe they didn't honor enough because he was doing whatever he wanted all day long in the passing game, in the running game. He started off early in this game four for forty one a touchdown. That first drive is kind of the feature guy on that drive. Ends the day with over two hundred yards on the ground, eighteen for two oh three, two touchdowns. He caught four for thirty and scored two touchdowns. How about the touchdown that he scored and the play that got called back on the hole like that was maybe his best run shot out of a cannon. He is now one of five Miami Dolphins in the top five this year in the Next Gen Stats top timed speeds as ball carriers. Tyreek has three, Rahiem has won a Chane has one. Fastest team in the NFL. Devon a change adds to that, and it just feels like it's not fair. It feels like it's not fair to put this guy in the lineup after what you already have across the entire offense. And then on top of the fact that this one hundred and eighty five pounds back can beat anybody on the football field with speed, how about the fact that the first two touchdowns he scored. He powers through a tackler at the three yard line and drops the shoulder and runs through over the goal line. And then the shovel passed the first one by the way he catches it, and I thought Connor Williams had a really good block inside, but he falls off of it late and the dtackle presents himself right there at the two yard line and a chin drops the shoulder and pushes him into the end zone. What it's one hundred and fifty pound difference and you're doing that absolutely outrageous. The forty yard end a round reverse where he just weaved through the orange jerseys. It feels like a cheat code. It feels not fair, and we got him. He's ours. Rookie Devon ah Chanin what a big day he had in week number three, and then Raheem Moster was like just as good as Devon. A chain was found the end zone four times. He now leads the NFL with seven touchdowns this season. That beautiful catch and run for a was a nineteen yard score from Tua. The beautiful run of the twenty yard touchdown that he had. He was six for sixty one a touchdown in the first half again became the first Dolphins back with three rushing touchdowns in a game since Ricky Williams in two thousand and nine. Let's go ahead and hear from Raheem on the performance today and what it proved, particularly upfront trenches.
Speaker 6: The line of scrimmage. I harped on that from the jump. You know, if we can established the line of scrimmage, we'll have a good chance on you know, getting to that second third level and even those home run plays. So to be able to see the old line. I mean, those guys don't get enough credit. And it's sad because those guys really have gotten a lot better, especially from last year. You know, they improved. Last year. We were able to do some things, but this year they're on a whole other level. They understand the assignments a lot better. You got Butch Barry, who's a phenomenal coach. I was with him in San Francisco, and he's gonna bring that tenacity for the old line, which you need, especially down in the trenches.
Speaker 1: He finishes the day thirteen carries eighty two yards, three rushing touchdowns, seven catches sixty yards and a fourth touchdown that one receiving let's actually go ahead and continue this here because I mentioned it off the top. Toront Armsay was awesome, Isaiah win fantastic.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 1: I mentioned those guys how much I talk about how I think that the Dolphins kind of struck some gold with Isaiah Winn and Kendall Lamb in terms of, you know, bargain level contracts to get a really good storry left guard, a guy that can start at left tackle and be twelfth in the NFL and pass rush win rate or pass block win rate, like that's your swing tackle. He's awesome. You get two of these guys at low cost and they are coming out and performing. Connor Williams left with a growing injury. Coach McDaniel would not comment on the severity of that, but he did say that in talking to Kyle Johnston, the Dolphins head trainer, that it didn't seem to be too serious and Connor did run off to the tunnel himself after the injury, so that was good to see. Rob Hunt, I think is having a Pro Bowl right guard season right now. He has been fantastic. And Austin Jackson like, actually, you know what this might be more of an Austin Jackson thing. But here's what Tua had to say about the offensive line and how they've earned the right to be a little bit you know, knows up about the way they've played the football this year compared to the criticism they've got heading into the season, I.
Speaker 5: Would say, with what we had installed this week, with our plays, I mean, our plays allow me to be able to find the open read quick and distribute the ball. You know, it throws off the timing of the rushers and it also helps our guys up front. But like that, that's just also a tremendous effort from our guys up front, you know, being sacked really only once in three games, and everyone's been saying, we need this on our old line, we need that on our old line.
Speaker 2: We need better this, we need better that.
Speaker 5: Like that's just a big middle finger to everyone that's been saying that from our old line. So, you know, I think they've done a tremendous job and Mike has has helped with that. But you can't.
Speaker 2: Discredit the work that they've put in this offseason.
Speaker 1: You're damn right too. Let's go ahead and take our last break right there and come back on the other side and finish up Takeaways four and five. That's next Draft Time podcast, your host Travis Wingfield, brought to you by Auto Nation. Takeaways four and five. These will be faster. Number four is the Dolphins pressure package on a long down in distance makes for excellent complimentary football. We've talked about this for years now, right and at length in this particular year, the importance of complimentary football and with this Dolphins defense, how it complements the offense in the sense that they want to be a little bit more inviting to the running game. Less guys in the box, right, like, you don't want to give up rushing yards, but you're putting more emphasis on the deep passing game and limiting big plays to force opposing offenses to Nickel and dmu and sustain drives. Because against this offense, good luck trying to do that to win games. Just big time production from the Dolphins passing defense, rushing defense. Another good game from them here after Things were a little bit slow to start, but Denver did get a couple of big ones and a couple of big runs as well. But you know, the Dolphins clamp down there late in the game, and then when the offense goes down the field for you know, twenty one points on three drives. Opposing teams are gonna have to find a way to be successful without balance against a defense that has shown you how effective they can be in the blitzing game. And it can come from any It can be your middle linebacker. It can be David Long, it can be Exaving Howard. Hit a pressure on Russell Wilson, and then as the game wears down they have to go into more passing situations. You get all these one on one victories. Whether it's Chubb, whether it's Phillips, whether it's Wilkins, whether it's Seeler, whether it's Emmanuel Ogba, just guys getting constant pressure opposing quarterbacks. I love the way they played the blitz after the Broncos got back into field goal range to create some negative plays. Push them back that drive that began after the Dolphins turned it over on downs again. Dial up the pressure, push the quarterback back, get some negative plays, and get your defense off the field. So the defense's ability to comment the offense with their style is a big takeaway from you here. And then number five is the Broward Boys. Mike White sixty eight yards downfield to Robbie chosen. How damn cool is that Pembroke Pines to Fort Lauderdal. Seth was saying to me earlier in the press box that you know, McDaniel doesn't lose sight of like these important personal accomplishments for guys. And when Tua came back out having two hundred and ninety nine passing yards, the game probably already in hand, like him is three hundred yard passing day. They did Brax and Burrios getting his reps and his first game is a Miami Dolphin here back in his hometown home stadium, and things that are just not lost in the head coach, like having Mike White in the game and Robbie chosen and dialing up a deep shot. Here's coach on how those guys earned that opportunity and how proudys have chosen and Mike.
Speaker 3: White absolutely, I think that when you're building something, you set forth a standard with which your expectations need to be met, not just from the coaching staff, but from within the locker room.
Speaker 2: Those guys are on the team for a reason, and.
Speaker 3: You know when when you diligently work, it's it's funny how opportunities can present themselves. I think, uh, you know, Mike, Mike White has been an awesome addition to our team, and then Chosen has remained steadfast in the fact that he he wants to be on this team. He probably wouldn't you know. I don't want to speak for him, but like the amount of respect that he commands by selflessly just going about his business and trying to contribute. You know, he just wants to be a part of his hometown team and he is and I think he showed why today.
Speaker 1: Absolutely awesome. And look, I mentioned this. The explosive plays was one thing that I want to just kind of get out of the way here because there was, you know, some things that I think you can always correct, even in a win. Plays of seventeen, fifteen, sixteen, thirty eight, twenty thirty and twenty five yards, also a kickoff return for a touchdown. In total, Denver did have three hundred and eighty nine yards. Their Russian was at just three point five yards per carry, the same as last week after they complimented the quarterback runs from Mac Jones in that game. But if you have one bone to pick, it's that Denver early in the game was kind of getting up and down the field. Now it is a sixty minute game, and ultimately we put them them to bet to rest with the way the game finished, But big test next week on the road in Buffalo. We're gonna need all three phases to be at their best. And however, they also had their own explosive plays. Two fumbles force and recovered Holland and Van Ginkle, Holland and Kohu and then the pick by Manuel Ogba pretty good right there, and just continue to see the way this defense can compment the offense. I think is going to only get better as we go along, as the system becomes more and more second nature, as they figure out who they are on that side of the ball. The offense obviously has defense I think is getting there slowly, but surely want to shout out David Long and Jerome Baker. I thought they had excellent games today. Emmanuel Ogba as well. I mentioned Andrew van Ginkle thought he had a great game. Holland and Deshaun Elliott have looked really good in the back end at the safety position. And again cater Ko, who just some names I wanted to put on the podcast as guys. I thought excelled. All right, a long recap podcast, but what do you expect seventy points? You're going to have to take some time talking about it and speaking of that. I don't know how I'm gonna do the All twenty two review podcast because we scored ten touchdowns and I can't pick five tapes. Possibly, I'm gonna try my best to do that and keep it concise. We'll see how that goes for me. Keep me and your teas and peas while I'm doing that and putting that show together, because I cannot wait to watch this tape until then. Though. Enjoy it, guys, enjoy this is something special. I feel like this team is building something very special. Three and zero only unbeaten team in the AFC. Again, enjoy the hell of it. In the meantime, that's gonna be my time. You all. Please be sure to subscribe to the podcast on Apple podcast leave us are rating, leave us a review. You can follow me on social at linkfld NFL. Follow the team at Miami Dolphins. Check out the fish Tank podcast with my guys Seth and Juice. Check out the YouTube channel for Media Availabilities, Dolphins a Day and so much more, and last, but not least, Miami Dolphins dot Com until next time fins up Carolina Cameron Daddy and he's coming home from that time.