Speaker 1: You found it the home of the Second Date Update. It's Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning and thanks for being here on the weekend with us. And I know we have a lot of new listeners from all over the world since we've been in the you know, top ten charts of podcasts, Yes, which is awesome. And if you don't know, we actually are a full radio show, I know, and we are talking on it and we do a brand new full hour episode every day on our main feed, Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning. And we just thought, you know, y'all seem to like relationship drama. We're kind of experts on it, and we do a lot of other segments, including this one awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 2: Yes, love it.
Speaker 1: Yes, seriously, it's not necessarily always a romantic relationship with these It was.
Speaker 3: Always awkward and tricky.
Speaker 1: So sit back and enjoy your awkward Tuesday phone call on Sunday.
Speaker 2: Totally.
Speaker 1: It starts right now.
Speaker 3: Let's bloy around of is it friendly or flirty? Our first contestant is a Lexus Alexis, can you tell me does this sound friendly or flirty?
Speaker 1: It was how you do it's attempt to be flirty.
Speaker 3: That's flirty and thirsty at the same time. That is just cool. Even worse, Brooks said that at her child's pta meeting, so it doesn't look great for her.
Speaker 1: I was talking to the second grade boys.
Speaker 3: J Okay, who oh god. The thing is one of our listeners overheard her husband saying something even more suspicious and cringey than that, and now she's wondering if she's just being paranoid or if something actually weird is going on. You're gonna hear it in your brand new awkward Tuesday phone call that's coming up. It was, okay, how you do book control yourself? We're doing it right after this. It's awkward. It's Tuesday. It's awkward Tuesday phone call. Ladies, If you're ever curious about what your husband or boyfriend is doing when he's not with you, yeah, just slash his tires and offer to give him a ride. Oh, tire slashing is one of the pillars of a strong, healthy relationship, as long as he doesn't find out you're the one doing it.
Speaker 1: If you have a shared bank account, that's really not wise.
Speaker 3: Brook Your husband's cars are constantly in trouble, and you're saying you're not the one behind it. That's if you could spend more time with him.
Speaker 1: That's just because I like to run the tires right up against the curve.
Speaker 3: That's right, our listener, Julia didn't go that far as to slash her husband's tires, so you're disappointed. But she did give him a ride recently and apparently found out something very interesting, so interesting, she needs our help, So Julia, welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: Hi, Thanks guys.
Speaker 1: How long are you even married?
Speaker 2: Julia?
Speaker 4: Three years?
Speaker 3: Okay, tell us what's going on? Why'd you email us?
Speaker 4: Well, I'm not really sure what's going on. I witnessed something, but I don't know fully what I saw or if I'm gempt conclusion it.
Speaker 3: Okay, I totally love this.
Speaker 1: You sound so sweet. It sounds like you're not upset, like I can't tell.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm worried, but I'm also just trying to be rational. I'm trying to not be like super reactionary, but I'm I'm freaking out a little.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Okay, that was the voice that I didn't And.
Speaker 3: You're freaking out with something involving your husband. What's his name?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Okay, so his name is Harry and a couple of weeks ago, I took him to his hair appointment. We normally have we have supper cars, so normally I wouldn't do that sort of thing. But his is in the shop, okay. I offered to drive him because I saw it was on our calendar, and he was like, nah, I'll just take an uber.
Speaker 1: I mean that would throw up a little bit of a red flag for me, But did you agree to let you drive him?
Speaker 4: He did, and when we got there, he was like, we had a big hurry to get out of the car, and I was like, no, I'm gonna go in with you. I'm going to check and see if they have the hairspray that I use. Okay, He's like, no, no, no, you're playing your just let think you have an hour, because.
Speaker 1: He like it's like an embarrassed junior high, you know, not wanting his mom to.
Speaker 3: He says, that is what it was like, Okay, objectively a little strange.
Speaker 4: So I'm go in with him and I'm looking and then call his name and then the stylist comes out, and of course she is a gorgeous girl. I mean she's just absolutely beautiful.
Speaker 1: I mean, isn't it a requirement to become a one that isn't drop dead beautiful.
Speaker 3: That's what she wanted. Would feel good to have somebody who's really really beautiful styling you. You don't want like rumpel Stills coming in bigger than mine.
Speaker 4: She's like, I don't do my own.
Speaker 3: Like a tree troll comes from the back, So I don't. I would think it's it's okay.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's it's normal, it's common. Ye Does that make you feel like a certain way?
Speaker 4: Well, it was just very obvious that this is not the first time he's seen her, and they seem very friendly and familiar with each other. Well, I mean it's a hairstylist.
Speaker 2: They're friendly.
Speaker 4: There's more. So as soon as she showed up, he was like, all right, you probably gotta get go in. She's like, you liter really chewing me out of the door. Yeah. And so then there's this petition, you know, like you can come into the place and there's a reception desk and then a petition, and then on the other side is where all the chairs and all that guys. I walk around the petition and I opened the door and I didn't go out. I just closed the door, like made it sound like I left out there for a minute behind the petition and.
Speaker 3: Listen, what'd you hear?
Speaker 4: And they were just laughing and giggling and flirting, and he was laughing like a moron. It everything she was saying, and then she's ving with him, and then she starts complimenting and like, oh, your hair feels so good. You've been doing so good and taking care of it.
Speaker 3: Not to defend what they're doing at all, but sometimes stylists will be extra friendly and extra nice in order to get a better tip.
Speaker 1: That still doesn't like dismiss her husband's flirting back. Yeah, that doesn't.
Speaker 4: It's weird behavior. I don't know. Like I understand maybe you have a little bit of a crush and there's nothing wrong with that, but she has been trying to get rid of me and not want me to come in. I just feel like that behavior.
Speaker 3: Is kind of fun. It would have been nicer if he had been like, hey, don't say nice things about me. I'm married, Okay, doesn't cut my hair and shut up.
Speaker 1: No. But like normally, like a stylist relationship, that's the first thing you talk about is your significant other. It's at first thing that comes out so that's not a good sign that that's not what they were talking about to me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just I've been thinking about it's been a couple of weeks, and it's just like I can't get it out of my mind. I don't know how to bring it up to him because I don't want to come across as super jealous or defensive. But it's really starting to eat at me and I'm kind of getting scared about it.
Speaker 3: You obviously haven't told him that you heard stuff or you were there.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, that she was sneaking around there and listening.
Speaker 3: Is you should know before we help.
Speaker 6: It's a good point.
Speaker 4: No, I did not. I did not tell him that I stayed and heard them flirting.
Speaker 3: This is what we're doing. Have you booked an appointment with that stylist, Just see if she's equally flirty and touchy with you.
Speaker 6: Just talk about your husband the whole appointment.
Speaker 4: I could just book with her and then tell her like, some really bad hygiene habit did he have.
Speaker 3: But that's going to be step two in this process. Step one is getting our advice in a few minutes here before we let you make an awkward Tuesday phone call to your husband to ask what is going on between him and the hairstylist.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, is he just gonna tell you?
Speaker 1: It just seems crazy.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't know. I mean, book that all depends on your advice and if it's actually good for once.
Speaker 1: I just hope it's some innocent flirting that we're blowing out of proportion. I mean, honestly, that's best case scenario.
Speaker 3: We'll find out when we call him and do your awkward Tuesday phone call right after this. It's awkward, it's Tuesday. It's awkward Tuesday phone call. After you get married? Is there anybody that you are still allowed to flirt with? Brooke wanted me to ask that question. I'm not why, Oh my god.
Speaker 1: I mean, there's a difference so between innocent flirting, like flirting with a cash registered lady, or like there's something else going on.
Speaker 3: Would you get mad if you caught your husband flirting with your Alexa?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, he has called her pretty?
Speaker 3: The realization setting in some people may be okay. Definitely not with your hairstylist though, that needs to be off limits, and.
Speaker 1: Especially when he's shoeing her out the door. As soon as she yes, he gets there exactly.
Speaker 3: So you see your hairstylist a lot. Yeah, and that's why our listener, Julia has reached out because she caught her husband flirting and laughing with the pretty woman cutting his hair. Sent up some red flags first, so she wants to confront him about it, but doesn't want to get too weird and defensive. So before we call Harry Jose, what's your advice for her? I feel like the way to disarm him is to give the stylist a compliment.
Speaker 4: First, you guys are talking and you're like, by the way, your barber is super cute, honey.
Speaker 3: I mean if I was you, I wouldn't have even came home. Oh all right, okay, then you just gauge his reaction. What do you think, Julia, are you able to give the hairstylist a compliment?
Speaker 4: I'm just trying to figure out, like how I would have to work it into the conversation since it was like two weeks to go.
Speaker 6: Do you think see that's the way?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 1: Because the thing is is if you accuse him, it's just.
Speaker 2: Not gonna go. Well.
Speaker 1: I think you say, oh my god, it's been bugging me for two weeks. Your hairstylist looks so familiar and I couldn't place it, and I remember I.
Speaker 3: Know her whoa Where do you know her from?
Speaker 6: Could be anywhere?
Speaker 3: We're in a book club, we do lie together. Do you guys have kids yet?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 1: You could name anything honestly, because if he freaks out that you have a connection to her, that's not a good side.
Speaker 3: Brook does have the best lies to her significant if anybody that I know, she knows how to twist the truth. Is that helpful to you? Julia? Are you comfortable lying to your husband right now?
Speaker 4: But what if it's perfectly normal? Then he's like, wants to know where I know her from and tries to follow through on that.
Speaker 6: But it's good if it's perfect normal. I mean, sure, you look like kind of a controlling.
Speaker 3: Jealousy woman. Were confused?
Speaker 2: You All you have to.
Speaker 1: Do is tell the man you're just so hot it's hard for me to imagine.
Speaker 3: Want Well, Julie, that's our best advice for you. Take whatever you want from it. But I'm dialing your husband, Harry right now. I'm gonna let you make your awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 2: Okay, Hello, say babe, bang, how are you doing?
Speaker 5: Good, good, good. I didn't reconize the number. What do you call it?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Sorry, No, I'm just I'm at work and I just had a question for you. I've been thinking about it and it just keeps slipping my mind, so I wanted to run it by while it was in my head.
Speaker 5: Oh good, go ahead.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So, a couple of weeks ago, when I took you to the salon to get your hair cut, your stilist was so she was so nice, like she seemed really really outgoing and personal, and I'm looking for a new stilust and so I was kind of curious if you know, if she's taking new clients.
Speaker 5: Okay, why don't you already have a silence?
Speaker 4: Well, you know, the last couple of times that I was with Jasmine, I don't know. I just felt like she kind of dried my hair a lot about the color and talked to her about it, and she kind of got annoyed at me, and it's so weird, and so I didn't know if maybe you'd want to give me a referral.
Speaker 7: Uh, yeah, you know, I think I don't. I think she mentioned she's like totally booked up, Like I barely get into that so like, I don't know, i'd have to talk to her.
Speaker 5: It might be a stretch to get you in, to be.
Speaker 4: Honest with you. Cool, Okay, Well that brings up another point that I guess I need to get to. When I dropped you off, I didn't actually leave the salon. I just kind of like opened the door, and then I like stayed and hung out and I heard I heard the two of you talking, and it was a lot flirting and giggling.
Speaker 5: And you say, I thought you said you were going to get groceries.
Speaker 4: I did.
Speaker 5: I did, you were going to get the macaee. I did, But you.
Speaker 4: Were acting with her like you didn't want me to drop you off, and then you didn't want me to come in, and then when she came up, you were like trying to shoot me out the door, and I was just really.
Speaker 5: Well, I just know you were busy. I just know you're really busy. I don't want you to stress out.
Speaker 4: That's not what it felt like. It really felt like you were trying to get rid of me and like you didn't want me there, and that just flow up the red flags, and so I felt like I needed to stay and just see what was going on, and I mean, there's some going on. Is there something that you need to tell me? No, I mean what you hear I could hear you laughing. I mean she would say something and you were like, Oh, you're so funny. I mean it was like it was weird. It's not the way you laugh when we talk. I just I've never heard it, and it's just I don't know. It was just a weird energy. And she was so flirty and so okay.
Speaker 5: But I got a coin session.
Speaker 7: I didn't. I wanted to keep it for you. But I'm trying to get this temperature discount from her. And the only way is that if she thinks like I'm into her, so, but it's really for you, it's really for us.
Speaker 4: Wait what how how does that work?
Speaker 5: Well, you know, I just tell her I'm single, because so she thinks that she has a reason to give me the discount. That's it.
Speaker 4: So she just gives discounts to single guys that she likes.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Wait, so how did she even believe that you're single? Though? Because I walked in with you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean she asked about you and everything, but I just told her you and my aunt.
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 5: Oh god, who are those people. What's going on?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, am I being punk?
Speaker 1: You're with an idiot?
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, hey, Harry Man, tell me. I need to let you know that. You're on the radio right now with a show called Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning. This is called awkward Tuesday phone call. God, Julia listens to us and asks for help today because she saw that interaction between you and your hairstylist, which she.
Speaker 1: Obviously read right. You were flirting with.
Speaker 3: Her, but not it's not genuine flirting.
Speaker 1: No discounts for single hot guys, that doesn't exist.
Speaker 3: I don't know I could get behind that. What's this hairstylist place that you go to, Harry, because I could lay that on.
Speaker 5: I'll tell you later. We'll get off the phone.
Speaker 3: Okay, you believe him, Jeff It doesn't really matter what I believe. It's what Julia. This is her marriage.
Speaker 1: Do you believe him a ten percent hot guy discount?
Speaker 4: I do believe him. He's not. It's not a liar. He doesn't lie to me. I mean, I think I think he's very truthful. I just I think it's stupid and I think it's really acessive.
Speaker 1: Wait, stupid on his part, or stupid on the hairstylist part.
Speaker 3: It is about business choice for her.
Speaker 7: Like I said before, this is a discount that I'm getting for you or I look, I admit I probably should have told you about it.
Speaker 5: That's my fault.
Speaker 7: Okay, I promise I'm not up to anything fullish or or adultery ish or anything like that.
Speaker 3: Okay, ish you have no romantic interest in actually getting together with the style?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: No, you would rather just pay the ten percent stopper?
Speaker 5: No, no, absolutely not. The economy is.
Speaker 3: Harry, your wife is clearly uncomfortable with this interaction, no matter how much money it saves. She doesn't like it. So, Julia, what would you like to see Harry do going forward?
Speaker 1: I mean that was that was almost marriage counselor is that It's.
Speaker 3: Kind of like, what do you want from him at this point?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 4: I would say, at the very least it to be honest with her.
Speaker 3: You don't want him to switch stylists. You're cool with him still going there.
Speaker 4: I'm just down the dishonesty and like where that leads. I mean, how would you feel if I wore a mini skirt to the dentist to try to get a discount.
Speaker 1: I actually believe a dentis giving discounts.
Speaker 6: Those guys are.
Speaker 3: I don't need any more laughing gays anyway, Harry, are you comfortable? Are you able to change ever so slightly to make your wife happy?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 7: I will.
Speaker 5: I will definitely accommodate it, Harry.
Speaker 3: Women can change a man. I didn't realize that. Look at us.
Speaker 6: So he's changing Julie all right, by the way, was so talking about that?
Speaker 3: All right? Well, you know what, I think we're in a better place now than when we started this phone call. Good luck to you too. Your marriage sounds perfect.
Speaker 4: Thank you all.
Speaker 3: Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.