Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: Who's scoring big this NBA season?
Speaker 3: You are with all the new ways to get in on the action that Draft Kings Sportsbook and official sports betting partner of the NBA. From monster Slams to dish in the Rock to cleaning the glass, get behind your favorite player and prop bets you can make Undraftkings home of the NBA player props. Ready to place your first bet? Try betting on something simple like picking how many points your favorite player will have. Go to Draft Kings Sportsbook app and make your pick first time. Here's something special for you. New Draft King customers can bet five dollars and get one hundred and fifty in bonus bets. Instantly take it to the rack with Draft Kings Sportsbook Every point Counts. Download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app. Use code money Moves that's colled money moves for new customers to get one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets when you bet just five bucks only on Draft Kings.
Speaker 2: The crown is yours.
Speaker 4: Scammeling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in West Virginia visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York, call eight seven seven eight hope and wire text hope and Y four six seven three sixty nine in Connecticut. Help is available for problem gambling call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of boothill casino in resorting Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction, Void and Ontario one. No sweat bet per new customer issued as one bonus bet based on amount of initial losing bet. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue. Ince See DKNNG dot com slash promos for deposit wagering and eligibility restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 3: This episode of Nightcap is brought to you by Cola Garth, a non invasive colon cancer screening test.
Speaker 2: Did you know?
Speaker 3: Colon cancer is considered one of the most preventable, yet least prevented cancers. When called in the early stages, colon cancer has a survival rate of ninety percent, so screening in early detections are key to reducing overall colon cancer debts. That's why the American Cancer Society recommends that if you're at average risk. You begin screening for colon cancer at age forty five, and the convenient way to do that is with col of Guard tests. The colon Guard test allows you to be in control of your colon colon cancer screening through prescription based tests delivered to your door with none of the prep that's required for colonoscopy, no liquid prep, no days off, no invasive procedures. Plus Coli Guard test is affordable. Most insured patients pay zero dollars, and if follow up colonoscopy is needed after a positive coli Guard test, this is usually covered by insurance. Also, so if you're forty five years of order and at average risk, you can ask your health care provider about screening for colon cancer with the colon Guard test. You can also request a coli Guard prescription today at coli guard dot com, slash podcast. The colon Gard test is intended to screen the dose forty five and order at average risk of col director cancer. Do not use cold guard tests if you have had adenemus, have inflammatory biblesease, and certain hereditary syndromes, or personal or family district of col directal cancer. Color Guard test is not a replacement for colonoscopies, high risk patients. Color ard tests in adults forty five to forty nine if estimated based on a large clinical study of patients fifty and older, false positive and false negatives. Curve color dark is available by prescription only. Some might say homes dot com is the best home shopping site. But why is it their sleek, ad free user interface enjoy search experience without distraction. Maybe it's their unmatched school insight featuring district detail and reviews from expert sources like Niche every prayers stream. Or is it their super comprehensive agent directory of how they always connect you directly to the listing agent on every listing. Homes dot com even offers a comprehensive search experience with twenty two data visualization layers, seven environmental layers, and an option to search by commute and architectural style. Homes dot com is bringing you all the in depth info you need. Homes dot com, We've done your homework. Moost Mobile is now legit nationwide five G network. So I have to take a break from all the jokes here for just a second and put my serious board song, because I would never ever joke about a five G network that has invested billions in building five G towers across the country. Not even once, not even if mister boost Mobile himself asked me to. There's nothing funny about it. Boost Mobile is now legit nationwide five G network and also provide coverage across ninety nine percent of America. Seriously visit boostmobile dot com or your nearest boost Mobile store location to learn more. Boost Mobile network, together with our roaming partners, covers ninety nine percent of the US population.
Speaker 2: Five G speed not available in all areas.
Speaker 3: Hello on, ladies and gentlemen, thank you for joining us for another episode of Nightcap brought to you by boost Mobile. Visit your nearest boost Mobile store or boostmobile dot com to join their nationwide five G network Today.
Speaker 2: Y'all know me.
Speaker 3: I'm your favorite off Shanna Shark, the City Legend, the Bengal Ring of Fame, Artery, the Pro Bowl will be all pro. That's chat o yo Senko Johnson. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button. Please make sure you hit that light button and go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from. We thank you for your continued support. Please make sure you check out Shave by Lapotier. We do have it in stop. If you can't find it in a city or a state near you, order it and we're shipping directly to your door. What better way to celebrate than with a bottle of Shade by Laportier. Please drink responsibly and stay safe. Check out my media company on all of its platforms. That's shay Shape Media and my clothing company eighty four. We just dropped Nightcap and Chill collection on Friday. The link is pinned at the top of the chat. Supplies are very limited, and remember when they're gone, they're gone, So please grab yours now.
Speaker 2: The biggest news of the day, Oh Joe.
Speaker 3: The Spurs have announced their shutting down Victor wimbin ya me Victor wen beyam excuse me down for the remainder of the season with a deep vein thrombosis. The San Antonio Express News reported that the Spurs are optimistic that Wimby will be ready for next season and that they're not as serious as the issue with Chris Bosh dealt with. If this is an isolated incident, the Spurs believe that it will be closer to what brandon Ingram dealt with six years ago, remember o Cho.
Speaker 2: In twenty nineteen, Ingram was diagnosed with a deep.
Speaker 3: Trombosis in his right arm that ended his twenty eighteen nineteen season, but he went on to win twenty nineteen twenty twenty Most Improved Player. He has not dealt with clotting issues since. Also Ojo. Since he's being shut down, he's going to be ineligible for winning Defensive Player of the Year because he won't meet the mandatory minimum of.
Speaker 2: At least sixty five games, right, would you?
Speaker 1: I have a question on yes, how are they able to diagnose how much the severity of the of the issue is.
Speaker 2: And they're saying it's not compared to what what Chris has.
Speaker 3: They say their hope, they hope it's more in line to what Brandon Ingram dealt with and not with Chris Bosch. Remember Chris Bosch tried to play again and it reoccurred. Because normally, when you have blood cloths, oh Joe, you have to take blood thinners. That's something that you stay on for the remainder of your life. So there's a problem because the cut, because the clots you take blood thinners, you don't get clotting. So what does that mean. You get a knit, you get a cut, you could bleed out. So there's always that, there's always that scare. Also probably I think you have a greater chance of a heart attack or something of that nature. My grandmother was on blood thinners right because she dealt with clotting and she ended up she ended up ended up having a leg app you just above the knee. And but like I said, oh, Joe, she was on blood thinterers for the rest of her life. And that's normally if I'm not mistaken. Serena Williams dealt with blood clots also, So it also depends on the severity where they are start getting me in your lungs and boy, whooh, you got something to deal with any place of a blood cud O, Joe, could be it could be a very dangerous situation. But they're saying their hope. It's more in lien with what Brandon Ingram dealt with. He missed the remainder of the season. He was able to come back when most improved, had had an issue with it since not like Chris Bosh what eventually led to his early retirement.
Speaker 1: Now now one of the things I do want to ask you, being that obviously I'm not a health expert. I don't I don't really know the background when it comes to things like this, is this something that's hereditary that does it just happen that regardless of age?
Speaker 2: Joe he twenty one? I know that that's Chris was probably what thirty? Yeah? Thirty? Yeah, like my grandmother was in we within the sixties. What you deal with us?
Speaker 1: So what deciphers whether it happens regardless of age, is it is? What is a diet nutrie? I mean when you think about somebody when bum Jan when Yama, you think he eats healthy?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 2: He always has?
Speaker 1: Could I I saw something earlier on Twitter today, Uh, someone you know be slick at the mouth and say, I guarantee you he probably he probably you know, he got the vaccine. I'm not saying I'm not a conspiracy theorist. I'm not sure if that has any type of effect, you know, on whether you get blood clots or not.
Speaker 2: I've listen, You've heard stories that it does.
Speaker 1: It's called it's caused people to have blood clots that didn't have before have to get in the vaccine. Know you think it's something that's probably in the family DNA. Other people have probably had clots that were you know, part of the family and it just it trickles down to to everyone else.
Speaker 2: Without without me knowing anything. Oho, it's really hard to say.
Speaker 3: Uh, you know. It says the blood clarks are solid masses deft on within the blood stream when platelets and fibrin a protein stick together, which called the clot. You need some clotting because hey, you get cut, you want your blood to clot. You start completing. Sometimes you take blood thinner if thans your blood. There's nothing that all clott it. Okay, boom, that's another issue you could have. Obviously you get blood clots, you have a heart attack, you have strokes. It leads to a number of other underlining conditions. So o Joe, without really knowing, I mean, that would be something that you'd have to have a health experts to be able to somewhat in cardiothoracic medicine or something like that, to be able to give you a more of a detail to look, what do they think led to it? Is this something that is a hereditary Oh Joe, I really couldn't tell you. I mean what seemingly is a twenty one year old, healthier male. Yes, sir, and boom. Like I said, Chris Bosh was probably thirty when he got it. My grandmother was in our late sixteen early seventies he got it. So I don't really know the rhyme or reason. Serena Williams got it. She was in her twentieth and I think if I'm not mistaken, chat y'all can correct it from wrong. I think Serena might have had it in a in a lungs, had one of a lung or something. Maybe it was a calf or I'm not sure. But people get him in a variety of Sometimes they get him and they buy sometime they get him in their arm, they get him in their lungs. I really don't know, oh, y'all. It's really it's really really hard to understand some things are hereditary. I'm not necessarily certain that blood clarks are something that art a hereditary.
Speaker 2: Right man. That's tough.
Speaker 1: That's tough for him, that's tough for the Spurs, that's tough for the fans obviously in San Antonio. Hopefully, I'm hoping for a speedy recovery for him and he's able to come back strong next year and then continue to dominating the way he had so far since he's entered the league. A phenomenal talent, very good and prayers prayers to him and his family as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think Serena because I think it happened at Wimbledon. I think she stepped on a glass, a piece of glass or something. She was celebrating a victory. I think I could, like I said, this has probably been twenty years ago, so I'm just going off the top of my head and made even long. I think it was like twenty something years ago, and she ended up getting a blood clot if I'm not mistaken in her lungs, I think that's what happened, Oh, Joe, Like I said, yes, as she saying yes, that's what's happened.
Speaker 2: I think she stepped on.
Speaker 3: A piece of glass, ended up getting a cut, ending up developing a blood clot in a young lung, which was very very, very very serious. So hopefully, like you said, oh, your thoughts and prayers go out to a speedy recovery for Wemby twenty one years old. Such a bright, bright future in front of him, so hopefully this is only a temporary setback for a major comeback. But you really do, like I said, they're hoping. One thing you didn't know, I can assure you. When Ris Box developed his no one thought that this was going to force his early retirement.
Speaker 2: You just never know.
Speaker 3: And then brandon Ingram get it. And so I think for me a lot of times, you know, you kind of expect you pray for the best. You expect the worst, but you pray for the best, the best, because the one thing you are bet it's self, you know, Oh Joe, You know, doctors always try to give you the worst case scenario because what they don't want to give you is a false cyst of security. Oh this is nothing, And then they come back the day later it's like, well, I'm sorry, mister Sharp and mister Johnson, it's a lot more severe. So they try to always prepare you for the worst, but say, hey, pray and expect the best, and so it's always easier to get oh thank you, as opposed to like, who oh man, Lord have mercy doctor that was true? Oh yeah, so you know what I'm saying. So uh, like I said, hopefully weinby uh is because I mean he can do it all. You talking about the guy that's probably what seventh seven four and a half seven five with shoes on.
Speaker 2: Uh, he can shoot the three mid range. He defend at an elite, elite level.
Speaker 3: He's looked like he was projected to be one of the all time great players and historically great defensive players, with his prowess, blocking shots, challenging shots on the perimeter, obviously around the riming is everything is and people you've seen people pull the ball out, they get fast breaking, he's chasing. They're like, nah, I got a better chance of Longchia three than laying this ball up and having him pinning against the glass. But hopefully weinby this is like I said, something that's very very minor. It's not miny, but I'm saying hopefully it's something that he can bounce back from relatively quick. I think they said they're hoping that if everything goes according to playing, they'll be able that he'll be able to resume and be able to come back next season. So so March, April, May, June, July, all of September, tib but I think they start to see them so about eight months, so they'll see how it goes and move forward from there. But like you said, oh Joe, we really don't know. I mean this because when I saw it, the Spurs are shutting Winby down. I'm like, damn, God just plays the All Star Game and y'all shut him down. And you know, the Spurs, ojo, they normally air on the side of caution. Yes, sir, they started. It was them that started the load management with Duncan and Parker and Gernobili and then even with Kawhi as a young young player, he got a load management. So they're normally they normally are on the side of concient. But I was like, with damn, they've been overly cautious with this situation. And I read that because I just read the headline Spurs wouldn't be down.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 2: So I'm like, well, damn. And then once I read it, Okay, you understood why, yes, sir?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so uh that's uh, that's the Spurs are shutting Victim wimber Yama down because the blood clots uh and his right shoulder. They said, hopefully he'll be ready, uh the word they use ojo optimistic. Now he'll be ready for next season and this is not as serious as the issue that Chris Botch dealt with. Hopefully it's more in line to what Brandon Ingram dealt with. He missed the season, was able to come back and most improved twenty nineteen, twenty twenty, got a contract, got another contract, just got it. Recently signed a two three year deal with the Toronto Raptors. So hopefully we're praying for you Wenby and your family. So hopefully this is nothing that you that you can't overcome, and we look forward to seeing you in the future. So Boston prayers the victim, women, Yama and his family. Friends of love once.
Speaker 2: Oh Joe.
Speaker 3: Brian Windhorse says La is under immense pressure to get Luca resigned.
Speaker 2: He never said I want to be a Laker.
Speaker 3: There are dozens of players over the years who have made it crystal clear they want to be Lakers.
Speaker 2: Luca never said that.
Speaker 3: This hit them out of nowhere, Oh Jo, can you see the Lakers not resigning Luca in.
Speaker 1: L A absolutely not Listen, they need a superstar. They need Lebron only have what maybe one maybe two years left. It has to be a superstar to put to put butts in those seats. Correct, And who is that that is Luca, don't it. That is exactly what he's gonna do at some point. Once he gets gets in shape, once he gets in rhythm, once he gets his legs and feet up underneath him, we're gonna get to see the same Luca that we saw in Dallas averaging twenty nine average and thirty doing what he doing what he normally does every night. And he is the future for the LA Lakers. And absolutely at some point they're gonna start building around him as the star. Think they're gonna have to pay. But when do they pay him? When does that happen?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 3: I was reading the other day, Oh Joe, they said that Luca can side a two year deal. So what is this year eight for Luca? Ask you? This year eight for Luca? He signed a two year deal that gets into year ting in. Now he be in like and he makes the old NBA team first team one of those two years in the contract. Now he is eligible for a super Max and now he can get that four hundred million dollar contract.
Speaker 1: Is that?
Speaker 2: How is that how it goes? Ash? Well, let me see here is it your seven? So he.
Speaker 3: Okay, so signs a two year extension O Joe, this is your seven Next year, you signed a two year extension, so three years he can sign, that'll be ten years.
Speaker 2: Get him to ten and now he is eligible for a super max.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: This is very This is very important because here's the thing, Oh Joe.
Speaker 3: Remember now, you traded the guy that you really thought was gonna be the secession plan to Lebron a D.
Speaker 2: You bring in a guy that's five years younger, and.
Speaker 3: Say, now, instead of having made four or five years with a D, we could possibly have ten to twelve years with Luca.
Speaker 2: But Luca, now you've already traded a D. You lose Luca? Now what wait?
Speaker 1: I don't I don't think you're gonna lose him. You know you're not gonna lose him. Obviously.
Speaker 2: He knows he's gonna be the centerpiece and be the focus for the future of the Lakers.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of other teams he is going to be the centerpiece. Huh, there are a lot of other teams he can go and be the centerpiece.
Speaker 2: You know he's not leaving la Come on, now, you know better than that.
Speaker 3: Listen his history. Shaq was gonna leave Orlando. They didn't think Lebron was gonna leave Cleveland. Did you think Lebron was gonna leave Miami? Did you think Lebron was gonna leave Cleveland the second time?
Speaker 2: Well? Yeah, he.
Speaker 6: He promised him something. He promised him something, He gave him what he wanted and then he went on by the business. Did you think Lebron James was gonna leave in Cleveland? Remember he's he was born and I with North of Cleveland, an actorate he left. Nobody saw it coming. Nobody.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to think.
Speaker 1: You don't you know, you don't just up and leave a franchise like that, especially not a not an organization like the Los Angeles Lakers. Not when you're you're the main focal piece of everything. You are going to excuse me, you are going to be the face of the Lakers. You understand that. He understand that they traded for you for a reason.
Speaker 2: Oh Joe, he knew.
Speaker 3: He wasn't Wiled, he wasn't Kareem, he wasn't shocked, He wasn't Bob McAdoo, he wasn't Lebron. He didn't request to go there, he didn't make it. That's what that's my destination of choice.
Speaker 2: Hold on, uh, come on. Now, let's let's let's let's let's be sensible. Right. Yes, you've already, you've already. You're in Dallas. You're in a great place. They shocked you with a trade.
Speaker 1: Yes you go to you bet you go to a historic franchise, a winning franchise like the La Lakers with the Kobe Bryants have played, with the Kareem abdu Jabbars have played.
Speaker 2: Where they're going to worship you, where they're the unique. There has to be a star. Yeah you are. You are that star, and you think the time comes he'd rather go somewhere else? Where else is there to go? Where else will?
Speaker 3: So let me ask your question. If Luca went somewhere else, he wouldn't be the star, he wouldn't be the.
Speaker 2: To be the star.
Speaker 7: But what better place is it than l A Ain't nothing better than that? No disrespect to other places though for you, that's not for him. Does Lucas strike you as a guy that's in all that kind of stuff?
Speaker 3: Remember that? But you were playing. Players are different. You look at Nicola Yokics, He's like, when can I go home? We got the parade? Man, I can't go back and get to my porches. They don't see see you're looking at it through the lens of an American playing for the Lakers.
Speaker 2: You know, you don't, You don't.
Speaker 1: You don't think Luca values the franchise and what and what it brings, what it brings to him, the brand of playing for the other Lakers, the brand of playing for the New York the New York Yankees, or the brand for playing for the LA Dodgers.
Speaker 2: You don't think he understands that.
Speaker 8: And and Miguel Soda left the Yankees and went to and you and went to the Mets. That's right around the corner that that ain't the Yankees. That's out the Yankees.
Speaker 3: So look, I'm not saying that he is, but I'm not saying it's not a foregone conclusion that he will resign.
Speaker 2: That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 3: And I agree that it's not a foregone conclusion that he's going to sign. But I think it's very incumbent upon the Lakers that they're hoping and praying, and I'm sure they've promised him the heavens and the earth because if they lose him, it's over. Because remember, they ain't got no draft picks. They just traded the thirty one and I think they got what the twenty seven and the two they just traded what they traded thirty first or twenty ninth. But I only look they got one one, you know, top a lot of unprotect the pick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, listen, listen, I'm you'd have been around the game a very long time, very long time, and you know not Miguel so wan so though one so, even though, even though even if he European players don't have that same feel for playing for historic franchises like the Lakers.
Speaker 2: You know, good and well, he ain't going nowhere? Good, well, he ain't going no. Well, we'll come back to this. Right now.
Speaker 3: We're being joined by two time Pro Bowl running back James Cook. James, thank you for joining us, bro, jac what's up?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: Why? Let me hold something?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 2: You got it, Bady listen put it on the floor. Well I'm gonna pick it up. Man, James.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about this great season that you had over a thousand yards. I think what fifteen rush touchdowns during the season had an outstanding Like we just dropped in bed. Withers guy, he's on his cell phone. He was kind enough to join us. He was not gonna be in a situation where he could get land.
Speaker 2: But I'm bad. I appreciate that, bro, Yeah, I was.
Speaker 3: As I was saying, great season running the football, revamped offense as far as running the football offensive coordinator for first time full time, he blended took over last a year ago. In the halfway through the season, when you look at what you what you were able to do in particular, and what this team was able to do considering all the pieces that you lost. You lost your two top receivers Matt Mullonel was injured a lot of the season, a lot of your dbs, both of your safeties and White gone. Nobody really expected you guys to be in this situation. Did you really think that you guys had an opportunity chance to end up being where you were in the AFC Championship game and what three points away from actually winning that game.
Speaker 5: Without a doubt. I mean when you got on seven back there, it's always a chance. Like That's what I say, Like, I just feel like he wanted the best and he gonna put us in the best situation always win.
Speaker 2: So he back there and we back there and we connecting is something great.
Speaker 1: Listen, Everybody always talks about Josh Allen. They always talked about him losing you know, some of this of losing digs and then not having a superior weapons on the outside. But what people don't talk about enough of is what you've been able to do. You take some of the pressure off of h Josh Allen. Listen, you stepped into a bigger role in the Bills offense. You know, how have you embraced being a centerpiece in that system. I just can't to work every day forever, real, Like that's all I can ever do. Like I can control what I can control that end of the day. But when you don't come in there and work, and you don't come there and be that guy and that be that neither in the locker room, that you would never be nothing. So that's what I tried to come and do, and I feel like it's been working. I'm a team guy.
Speaker 5: I'm always coming there and work and when they come on Sundays, I gotta gotta.
Speaker 2: Kill you, Jane. When I look at you, guys, I mean, you get so close every year.
Speaker 3: You had the best record in the AFC two years ago and then you end up losing at UH to Baltimore and then this year you had an unbelievable season and Elite lose to Kansas City in the championship game.
Speaker 2: What is the next step?
Speaker 3: What do you guys need to do in order to get over that hump, which is Patrick Mahoons.
Speaker 2: In the AFC. You got to be aggressive, Like I just feel like we gotta be aggressive.
Speaker 5: And with a guy like one five back there, you gotta you gotta just gotta beat them, like Laurls story, like I can't say nothing, she just gotta beat them. So when you come in games like that and you know, when of your back against the wall, then you gotta win. And you got your guys next to you, you gotta go win. Ship you know, you playing one five.
Speaker 2: You know, you know, you know how it's gonna be. You know it's gonna be ebbs and flows of the game.
Speaker 5: So you gotta just control what you can control and go out there and play football at the end of the day.
Speaker 2: So you would you would like to be more aggressive early on.
Speaker 3: You feel like you got when you guys fell behind, then you became aggressive.
Speaker 6: You'd like to see that from the word jump oh off the rip, Yeah, you know, and it never happened.
Speaker 1: It never happens that way for some reason, especially when you get to playoff games with games of extreme importance. Most of the time, I think sometimes, especially from a coaching standpoint, as an officer coordinator, you say you overthink, you overthink the game instead of just playing free. You know you you already have what you've already done throughout the entirety of the season because you're playing the Kansas City Chiefs.
Speaker 2: There's no need to press.
Speaker 1: Just continue to do what you've always done, and you use your bell Kyle, you for instance, in seventeen and just rock out. And I think they lost sight of that, or he the officer coardy, had lost sight of that once you got to that game, and not allowing himself to just just play freely, call the plays freely, because you got all you need right there in hand, and I think for one y'all are going to consistently be back. You know, obviously you're in AFC, Obviously I'm a Bengal fan, but understanding what you guys have and I'm going to talk about you from an individual standpoint and how much your game has evolved from a rookie to now and where you are right now, what do you think you need to work on? As good as you've gotten from your rookie season to this point, what do you think you need to work on to continually evolve at the running back position.
Speaker 2: I just feel like I can.
Speaker 5: I just got to keep getting better and you know, like be able to be on fair every dawn like and key situations like I feel like I could do it.
Speaker 2: Ship just look at this point what else more I could do?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: So, I just feel like, man, just keep me on the feeling and great games will happen. Hey, also, hold on, I got I got one more.
Speaker 3: I like.
Speaker 2: I like this here, I like this.
Speaker 1: There are a lot of good running backs in the league, right you know, Henry's, the McCaffrey's, even even though it was injured for most of the season. If there was one thing you could take from one of the running backs in the league that you look up to and and and you're a fan of, if there was one thing from their game you can add to.
Speaker 2: Yours, what what would it be?
Speaker 5: Go with Christian McCaffrey, just like just all the explosiveness that he got in his game and what he can do with the ball and so many positions that he can be in and you don't even know when he getting the ball and he just get the.
Speaker 2: Ball and just cod this bitch like yeah, like all that.
Speaker 5: Like so just putting that traits in my game and be able to learn from from what he doing in my Like I looked up to my brother, so it's like whatever he could, whatever I learned from him, I put that in my game. And yeah, just trying to just go out there and play football.
Speaker 2: At the end of the day. Shit, we've been doing it.
Speaker 3: Yes, sir, there are reports to James and you can confirm with it now is that you want to be the highest paid running back in the NFL and men like, hold on, wait a minute, now, I don't know if he's earned that or he's deserving of that. What do you say to the people that says, man James could don't deserve to be the high.
Speaker 2: Pinted running back. I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: At the end of the day, I feel like we're just going to get his running backs and I feel like we deserve to get paid. And because when they come down to the back end of the season, we we we play a big part of this ship.
Speaker 2: Like so.
Speaker 5: However, they want to take it. Then I'm staying with the running back ship. We deserve it ship.
Speaker 3: Now if I'm not mistaken, you could correct me if I'm wrong again. Now it's reported that there were a phone call between a lot of the top running backs, yourself and McCaffrey and Deck Hennery and Saquon Barkley, and I think Josh Jacobs was on that call when you guys had that call. If you were on that call, what was that discussion?
Speaker 2: Ship?
Speaker 5: Were valuable and were deserving what we need because we were in the trenches every time ship we vain ship when they come down to the stretch, you you got to run the ball.
Speaker 2: So it's like, like, how is we not valuable? Like, how does we not valuable?
Speaker 5: If we can we the back end of the season, you have to run the ball when it's snowing, y'all, this ship gets six feet of snow.
Speaker 2: Like we got to run the ball. So it's like, what more can you? Like, how's we not valuable? Like at the end of the day, like.
Speaker 5: His is point blank period and you could see like what we do in the position that we play. We play a big part of offenses like this.
Speaker 1: Period and you know what you are correct in the NFL owners, I'm not sure when that dynamic shifted to where the running back position wasn't valued the way it used to be. Obviously during unks era. You know, during my era, you know, the running back was a very important position. And you guys can actually fight. You guys have a case. You guys can voice your reason for wanting and commanding the kind of money you want because players like you Sa Kwon, Derrick Henry, Christian McCaffrey, and maybe maybe two others. You know, you're Jonathan Taylor, Gibbs, Yeah, Jacob Jamier Gibbs, Josh Jacob as well. You guys are at the forefront of being able to command the kind of money you want because of what you guys are able to do and taking some of the pressure off your quarterback.
Speaker 2: When the team needs you, guys to grind the clock out. Who's the one to show up?
Speaker 1: Y'all? Bell, calves, bell, cow, That's what it is. And most of you can play three downs. You's a goddamn dual threat, so you you should be getting two goddamn checks. You can line up outside, you can catch it out the backfield, you can hand it off to you I mean, listens, I'm with you, especially when it comes to getting paid, because y'all bring a different dynamic than more than just being a running back, because you do more than just running goddamn ball.
Speaker 5: And I can say just one thing though, I just feel like I just feel like like we just do so much, like just like by going to practice and doing all the good shit right, and I just feel like we're deserving of it, like like why not, Like shit, we work all our life to get paid, like send me the big bucks, like shit, why not?
Speaker 2: Bro?
Speaker 5: Like I want to go chase the highest highest of the highest, like and I'm gonna keep doing it like and I'm gonna stand over what I stand on, like and I don't want to feel like a cancer at all, because I never I don't like all that attention and all that all that like that's not me, like honestly.
Speaker 2: Like and I just I'm just standing on business man.
Speaker 5: If you think about it, and what I deserve, go ahead, no, go ahead, finish jum, that's it what I deserved.
Speaker 3: When if you think about it, James, since McCaffrey got that sixteen million, nobody's even come close to that number. And so now you know you're going to uncharted territory. You look at what Saint Quan got. I think Saint Kuan got about thirteen and a half. You saw what Dave Henry got, He got about what eight and a half? Ah. You see what Josh Jacobs got. I think he was around twelve eleven and a half twelve? So you know when you say you want to be the highest paid and McCaffrey, is that the number that he's after? You know you're reaching for the stars. Are you hope you land on the moon and get something close to that? Or you want a super or you want to jump over that?
Speaker 2: And I just want to get what I deserve. Sh that's all. That's all. I wanted to get what I asked for, That's all. What role the mess? Your question? I had a brother that played in the league.
Speaker 3: Before I got there, I idolized my brother and I wanted to be just liking, what role did your brother play?
Speaker 2: And how good?
Speaker 3: Because I'm surprised, I think everybody surprised you didn't follow his path at Florida State. You went to Georgia. You're probably glad you did, But what role did your big brother play? And the guy that we see today that's turned into one of the premium running backs in.
Speaker 5: The NFL, A big role. Honestly, just like the just if I asked him a question, is just he always there for me. It's like he always telling me to be myself, don't never like stop from what got you here to like crede myself to then somebody that I'm not. So I just feel like that's what he told me, and I'm gonna keep continuing to being myself and just always have that older brother in my ear to always guide me in the right direction. And almost that's my oldest brother and I'm always listening to him. So I feel like, here's the great ship. He just said to stand it. So it's like why not follow it. It's like if I if I don't follow it, it's like I set myself short because I had an older brother to lead the way and show me the ropes on how to get there, and if I don't follow it, I'm a failure.
Speaker 2: I feel like, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: So it's like always just keep working hard and keep grinding and get what you wanted life ship, That's what I say.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Hey, you know, you know What's funny when I think about it, I would I would have loved the opportunity to have a brother, you know, Santana you I'm trying to think of.
Speaker 2: Give me, give me more, said a brother. TJ. Watt.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that man, that has to be like the greatest feeling to have a brother. And when y'all were growing up, did y'all compete? Did y'all compete? Now, obviously I know you wouldn't.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I'm not sure when he was that central, When he was that central, you wasn't that though? Obviously? Right?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Now that that has to be the greatest feeling. Bro. We still compete to this day. It'd be so crazy.
Speaker 5: We compete in you know still yeah, yeah, you know, we compete in the game ship, we we whatever.
Speaker 2: We compete because I were brothers.
Speaker 5: And we understand, like we're never going to go against each other, and we always understand like at the end of the day, you my oldest brother, and I respect you to the most up high, and I never do nothing ever even fail my family, like because I know like I was got the right way.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Let me ask you this, what are some what what do you listen to to get you in, that move to get you locked in in before the game. So what when you when you when you got to have the beats on? You got the headphones on? You?
Speaker 5: What you what you buy the way to get you locked in in? I ain't even gonna lie to you. I want young okay, young boy's time. And it's like I gotta get up. I gotta get up for the game. So it's like before the game, I slow down, listen to a little R and B. Okay, calm myself down before the game. Never get too low, never get too high. So pre game, getting myself together, vibe into a little R and B. Calm myself down. But before I get on the field, it's smellss hot and young boys, it's time to go.
Speaker 2: Hey, it has it ever bothered you?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 2: Obviously being a Florida boy, you know how the weather is out here. It's it's always hot.
Speaker 1: You know when we get when we get a cold front, our cold front is bat seventy degree as the weather.
Speaker 2: Have you gotten used to the weather out there in Buffalo? Has it bothered you at all? Oh? No, you you can get adjusted to it. I feel like that's a mindset. Yeah, like ship.
Speaker 5: You gotta go out there and feed your family ship. You gotta go out there and play at the end of the day, right, Hey, to just shut that, shut up?
Speaker 2: What they paying? I ain't gotta be out there for two hours in it? I'm good.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, hey, James, thank you man. Congratulations little great season. You made the Pro Bowl. Hopefully bigger and better things to come in the future. Hey, stop back by when you signed that big pay, they stop back by and drop some of my for us.
Speaker 2: I appreciate that, ladies and gentlemen. Right, I got you all right, O Joe.
Speaker 3: Earlier to say, Sean's posted a statement from Jeff Schwartz of Excel Sports Management. The overwhelming sentiment have to confirm with multiple nationally recognized doctors is that the Lakers should not have failed Mark Williams on his physical O Joe, what do you make of this?
Speaker 2: I mean, listen, that's one thing. That that's one thing. Yeah, my alarm, that's it. They wake me up for a nightcap. You know, you're.
Speaker 1: Doctors most of the time make mistakes. Very seldom, excuse me, very seldom make mistakes. I think as a player he should be upset. I'm not sure if he would take legal action.
Speaker 2: He can't. What do you mean he can't? What are you gonna do? What are you gonna say? You there's nothing wrong with me, and you failed me in the physical and you got his call. He's not a doctor. They failed him on the physical.
Speaker 1: If there's nothing wrong with him and you fail me, who's responsible? Oh, Kathy, let me ask you a question. So Drew Rees should have sued the Dolphins because they failed him on the physical. Hold on his shoulder was messed up. On his shoulder was actually messed up for real. Well maybe maybe to their standard. His knee or his back is messed up to their standard.
Speaker 3: You gotta realize each team sets the standard in which they will won't pass it. We took marks loret his he had, he had terrible needs. But if you want him, you take it. So if you don't, you fail it.
Speaker 1: How about this, Yes, how about just saying how about just telling the truth, you know what, we really don't lie, We really don't want you.
Speaker 2: You really don't fit what we're trying to do. You're not the type of player with what he actually.
Speaker 3: Does fit what they want to do. Luca wanted a law threat. If you go look at what they got. Would likely lively look at what they got with Daniel Gaffert. That's what they want. That's what he wanted. He wanted a law threat. That's why they were willing to trade young Dalton connect just in order to get him to a peas Mukah. So they absolutely wanted it. But here's a guy that's twenty two years ago. Come on, now here's a guy that's sixteen and nine. Why they're trading it?
Speaker 2: Oh? Don't they make you think? What's going on?
Speaker 3: With what's going on when somebody they start training the other Like, hold on, why do you train him sixteen or nine?
Speaker 2: He's twenty two? Something made right? See look the Hornets contested it like there's nothing wrong with him.
Speaker 3: But the NBA like ro they medical team, they medical staff, thank doctor Ellen Trosh me or Ellen Trosh. They got some The Curland Joel Clinic is what handled a lot of what the Lakers do. I know those guys. They was out went to the Curland job and they did both EPs. Yeah, so I'm very familiar with them. But like like I said, O Joe, your doctor said, hey, man Shannon, good to go. Another doctor say, man, boy, that y'all don't even know how you walking with them?
Speaker 2: Something ain't right now.
Speaker 1: As doctors, right, I think everybody had the same protocol. Everybody had the same procedures. It's not like one doctor doing something different than the other doctor when they've all when they've all learned the exact same way, especially when they come to looking over patients, especially players that play at the highest level.
Speaker 2: So how one get it wrong and the other one get it right? Something ain't make no sense.
Speaker 3: Oh Joe, you have to understand each team has to have their own own set of what they will and won't accept.
Speaker 2: It's like that, you think, Oh, let mess your question.
Speaker 3: Do you actually think all thirty two team NFL doctors have the same guidelines on what they will and won't pass it down on the physical when you go to the combine. Some team doctors failing, Some teams doctor don't. Some teams have red flags, some teams don't.
Speaker 2: Did you hear what you just said?
Speaker 1: Yes, if they like you regards to what happens in those procedures, they will sign you if they want you, if they know they can use you. Yes, So why not just say you don't want him because he had no problem playing where he's playing.
Speaker 2: Now that's them. Oh Joe, Okay, all right, you're right, You're right, You're right.
Speaker 3: You see you make it say like, oh, just oh Joe, this is a professional setting.
Speaker 2: Why don't the doctor just tell you you gonna die? Just be truthful? Won't they tell you that? O Joe?
Speaker 3: Won't they tell you, hey, you're not gonna be able to do this, or you're not gonna be able to do that. Cold Now, I'll tell you the medical is different. You just can't tell somebody. You try to be as positive as you possibly can. They don't tell you one way or another. Let's see, let's see what happens. I get it, I get it. While his agent that's the Lakers. Would you rather be in Charlotte? Would you rather be in La? Playing with Lebron and Luca are playing with Miles Bridge and LaMelo Ball? Now would you rather be?
Speaker 2: I mean obviously La? Okay, exactly? You see you see what you just said? What would you rather be? Yes? And now that goes back to my question, why would you think Luca would want to leave? Because Mark Williams is American. Let me ask you a question.
Speaker 3: Does Luca look at the American play Look at the European players, Oh Joe, when they retired, what did they do?
Speaker 2: They go back? Yeah, they go up.
Speaker 3: They don't stand. They don't stay. In La, they don't stay. And wherever they play at think go back. It's not that it's not the same to them. You looking at it from our perspective as being Americans, and a lot of people look at America or they look at La and they look at you your like, oh, that's where I want to be. But that's not how they proceed it. And so you have to look at it through their leans and from Luca.
Speaker 1: And it's funny when I think about it and think about Miami, right, and don't talking about playing I'm not talking about basketball in the sense Miami is a melting pot for every ethnicity, even if you are from wherever it is.
Speaker 2: This is a place you want to be. Why because you have a community that looks just like those where that are where you're from. When I think about La, where where's Luca from? Again, Slovenia.
Speaker 1: I guarantee you there's a Slovenia community community in LA because there's every ethnicity, restaurants, people, So why wouldn't you want to be there.
Speaker 2: It's not like you're going to be by yourself and not like you're going to be in solitude.
Speaker 1: Those that and are like minded, just like you, from your community, from your background or right there.
Speaker 3: Because here's the thing, Oh Joe, you say they got communities, what does Slovenian have ninety five ninety eight percent obedience?
Speaker 2: They don't have a community. They got a whole country.
Speaker 3: So you know, it's like, look, you got little Haiti, you got a little cute little Havana, yet here everything.
Speaker 2: Guess what. Guess what Cuba got big Havana. Yeah, you know what, don't don't nobody want to be there.
Speaker 3: Now that's a bad They definitely don't want to be under that that resu But uh, look I get what you're saying. It's like, bro, but it's just like anything. I mean, some doctors when you go to the combine, some doctors gonna say, hey, down the road, he might I feel abnormal laxness in his knee.
Speaker 2: I feel abormal laxness in the shoulder.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Some guys, like some daughters might say, nah, I don't see a problem. But here's the thing.
Speaker 3: You don't see a problem in two years in that guy's nick you know you out, you know you're gonna be.
Speaker 2: Out of a job, right. Yeah, So that's why they are on the side of caution.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what they air on the side of caution, depending on who it is. They are on the side of caution, depending on who the player is.
Speaker 3: Because Ojo, you got to realize the basketball players guarantee.
Speaker 7: Now that you will get hurt. Guess what that two hundred million you're gonna get all that three d get all that. That's the chance we have to take. That's the chance we have to take, depending again, depending on who the players.
Speaker 1: I mean, look at look at no disrespect, no disrespect, you know, Kawhi Leonard, Yes, Paul George. I mean there are a number of players that I can name that that that got the bag because of what they can do on the court and unfortunately do the unfortunate.
Speaker 2: Circumstances they got hurt.
Speaker 3: They could do about that just because somebody else is foolish, That don't mean I gotta be foolish. Now, deep down inside, what you think they're thinking about giving your Joel and Bean when he had two years left another three years at one hundred and ninety three million dollars. So now he's got five years that two hundred and forty million dollars coming right, How you think they're thinking about that? O, Joe?
Speaker 2: Can I ask you a question? Yeah? When Joel and Biid is on the court, Yeah, and he's steeling. Okay, you know what you get? Right?
Speaker 3: Let me ask you to see what you just said. Before you said court? What before letter word did you use?
Speaker 2: Win? Right? Win?
Speaker 3: He's played four hundred and twelve games, he's missed four hundred and five.
Speaker 2: Is there another replacement for Joel Andbiid? Is there another Joeling bead out here? Hell?
Speaker 3: I can't get Joel and Bead out there. I don't need a repair, just need him. I don't need a replacement. I beat his ass out of the core. You're talking about the replacement again. This is this is this is what I'm talking about. This is what I'm talking about too. Now we talking about a special player. Yes, that ain't just you ain't just picking them off off the trees like that.
Speaker 1: That you will take the chance and pay him what he's getting paid despite the amount of games he missed. Why because he's special? Yes, And you understand what you get when he is on the court. So you know what we gonna pay because we know we get when he is in the court, despite the injuries he may have. Yeah, and that's the difference in young Bull that's in Charlotte, that who had an opportunity to play.
Speaker 2: If he was if he was anything like a Joel Ebid, he'd be with the Lakers. They would have definitely passed him on that test.
Speaker 3: But if you think about it, Oh, Joe Bill, they gonna be in a big Now, good luck trying to get off Paul George. He just signed four years that two hundred and whatever million dollars. Jordan be got two hundred and forty and sixty coming.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Now, what's the likelihood of these as these guys getting older, they get healthier.
Speaker 2: It's tough. It's tough now, yeah, yeah, and listen, as they get older, what you can do.
Speaker 1: I could be wrong, but don't have them on the ball as much, allowing them to if I mean, as a player, I think you have to evolve where you don't need to touch the ball as much, where you you're not putting as much stress and work on yourself. I'm sure, I'm sure there's a way that you can make it happen. You're not the main focal point. Well, Paul George isn't the main focal point. He was supposed to be that third wheels. He was supposed to be Joeling Bee, ty Reese Max and Paul George. That's what it was supposed to be.
Speaker 3: But it looks like now it's ty Reeves MAXI team and it's Tyree's Maxy, Joel Enbiid and Paul George. But Paul George has been nicked from the jump. Yeah, Joel Embiid with the problem that I got with embid. If you think about it, O Joe, he was he got hurt at the end of the season. He was nick during the postseason. You would have thought that, you know what, I'm gonna take my you know what, guys, I know, I promise you guys that I was gonna come to the Olympics, but I gotta get healthy because the goat if I Philly, I wouldn't let him play. No hell now, gold medal versus me trying to win a ring, gold medal, ring Olympics.
Speaker 2: Don't pay no money.
Speaker 3: I appreciate and I know Jordan Bead is extremely happy he immigrated from Cameroon. Hey, everything is so much of what he's been given from America, and he should he's grateful and he's thankful than he should be. But at the end of the day, Ojo, the Olympics don't put five hundred million in your pocket.
Speaker 2: The Philadephia seventy six is half. I got you, I got you, and so that's that's just my thinking.
Speaker 3: Me bro Hey, I would love to, you know, be on that last ride because what we had, the bird magic Jordan, you had steph U Durant and Braun. That was to be a part of that and to win the goal. And I watched that next blitch, that Netflix special.
Speaker 2: It was unbelievable.
Speaker 3: Following the Olympic team and guys tried to and and they got access to you hear the Canadian team and you see ut Liftomania, uh, the Serbian team with Yok and Bondanovitch and you got the Americans.
Speaker 2: But no, no, no, bro you you you you you compromised.
Speaker 3: The sixth of season, oh Joe, because he hasn't been healthy, not one day since the season kicked off.
Speaker 2: And Joel and Be been healthy. Dang.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And it's it's it's uh, you know, I feel bad for the seventy six ers. I really do, because they're doing everything they possibly can. Look, they got Ben Simmons that didn't work out. I mean whatever, whatever, what whatever whatever they had James Harden. And James Harden is like he's the hardening. You know, he wanted to be there, but he wanted his money. He took a pay cut, and that's what.
Speaker 2: That's what. That's the thing on Joe. Stop taking pay cuts.
Speaker 3: Stop giving these teams discounts because they get you over the bowl and then they're like, well, we're not gonna pay you Noah. James Harden like, bo, wait a minute, bro, I meet that Brad. Yeah, hopefully, uh we'll see
Speaker 1: The volume