Speaker 1: I'm Honey Germy. My parents are Dominican. I was born and raised in New York City. I love sneakers and I'm a body positive advocate.
Speaker 2: I'm Carolina Bermudez soy Nikaa wins it. But I was born and raised in Ohio. I'm a wife, a mama, and a worker bee. This is life in Spanglish. You know the episode's gonna be good when we begin with girl. Oh my gosh, wow, this is explosive. I can't believe what is going on, and we must discuss the big Lizzo news that's been breaking over the past couple of days because there's just so much going on that I can hardly wrap my mind around it.
Speaker 1: The same here is like every time I turn around, it's like a different angle with this Lizzo story.
Speaker 2: Definitely, So yeah, that is what we were discussing today in Life in Spanglish. Now, I will say I have been very surprised, just like Honey has, because it's like when these I guess allegations came out, well, I was I was like, wait, really like Lizo, because I mean, when you hear all of the things that we break it down for you, it may come as a surprise to you too. But now that more details are coming out and more people are talking about, you know, her personality and what Lizo was like to work with, and you know, I don't know. I'm just I'm really really trying to just like break it all down. But this information is coming fast and furious. And it's funny because one of my friends that I was talking to about it said, you know what, they build you up and then they take you down, because you know, Lizo has been trying to make it in this industry now for I mean obviously over a decade, and she's worked her tail off and it seems like she was everywhere these past couple of years.
Speaker 1: And she's managed to do something that's super commendable and it exists in a black space, a white space in R and B, hip hop and pop. Like what she's done here, not only as a woman of color, but as a plus woman. I've always been a fan Carolina just on the strength of that.
Speaker 2: Well, she's talented, that's no doubt.
Speaker 1: Right, And here we are now trying to tear down Lizzo.
Speaker 2: You know. And here's the thing. These are allegations and so we are not speaking with authority on any of this, because you know clearly this is just a story that's breaking now. I was so shocked to wake up this morning. The first thing that showed up on my Instagram was her statement today. So three of Lizzo's former dancers have filed a lawsuit against her, her production company, and the dance captain that she hired, shir Lean Quickly. So this is basically what the whole lawsuit is about. These dancers are alleging sexual, religious and racial harassment, disability discrimination, assault, and false imprisonment. That one was the one that blew me away. I was like, whoa need to norm know more about that one?
Speaker 1: This is a lot and I feel like the legal terms are kind of like dragging it a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you are a paralegal, honey, and so I feel like you have like a lot of knowledge on this and you can really help us understand what's going on with this whole story.
Speaker 1: No, for sure. And you know we got to get in the false imprisonment. That's where they caught me out. I'm like, what do they mean by that? And then it's like we get into it and it's just like, oh, fear of losing your job, like not wanting to do certain things because of retaliation. There's a lot here to unpack. Carolina.
Speaker 2: Ooh yeah, so these dancers are claiming that when they were on tour with Lizzo, she invited them. This is okay, by the way, let's just say this. If you're listening to Life in Spanglish with little kiddos, first of all, we appreciate it, but the rest of this episode is going to be not safe for them, so we want to give you fair warning. We love that you listen, but this might be the part where either you pause it and come back and listen later so that the little ears don't hear what's going on, because it can get pretty graphic and like not safe for kids, not safe for work if you're listening to us at work on a desktop and other people can hear. We just want to give you fair warning because when we give you these details, you're going to see why this is kind of more of an adult conversation.
Speaker 1: You want to start with Bananashow, Is that what it is?
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I think we should have started there, right, yeah, because I mean, yeah, this is where I was just like, Okay, I've been in situations before throughout my professional career where people have taken me to different places. Look, I mean, I'll be honest, there are some times where in the past I've had to go and meet somebody that I worked with at a strip club to drop something off for them, you know what I mean. So this is not unheard of any entertainment industry. I think that there are a lot of people who have similar stories of you know, being in different places where perhaps they didn't think business was going to go down, But this kind of takes it to a different level. So I've never been involved in anything like this, and I don't know how I would have reacted if my b or somebody who was my superior took me to a place like.
Speaker 1: This and it you know, they're out in Amsterdam. Let's let's put that out there, which you know has this red light district. A lot of sexual stuff happens, and I feel like a lot of people are open to going to these types of shows. And she probably like, yeah, we're just hanging out or whatever, but what transpired at the show is what is the real issue?
Speaker 2: Carolina definitely well. Also, I will clarify I used to work for a DJ when I was interning one of my very first internship jobs. And when I tell you that I had to go to the strip club, it's that he used to have records, like you know, so they used to have these crates of records, and he left one at the station. I had to go to the station and picking up tickets him at the strip club where he was DJing. So I don't want anybody thinking that anything crazy went on, So just to clarify that, So yeah, the Dancwers claimed that while Lizo invited them to a nude performance in Amsterdam, they went because they feared that they would lose their jobs. So while they were at this show, the lawsuit is claim mean that Lizzo began leading a camp for one of the girls in the lawsuit to touch one of the performer's breasts. So she felt a little bit coerced at that point because she went on three times and it was loud enough for everybody to hear, and she expressed to her in her words that she was good, like she said, I'm good, and that to her was basically saying I do not want to touch this performer's breass. But then she went ahead and did it because she was fearful that it may harm her future on the team, hence retaliation. So later that night, the allegations continue and they say that Lizzo was badgering a member of her security team to get on stage and then she pulled down his pants and hit him with whips.
Speaker 1: And Jesus, that is a lot what is happening at Camp Lizzo.
Speaker 2: I mean, okay, this is like next level while. But I've never been to Amsterdam. I don't know if you've ever been to Amsterdam, Honey.
Speaker 1: I have not, but I have friends that have been, and you know, it's a little while over there, right.
Speaker 2: Like I've heard of people that have gone on vacation or with other friends and stuff like that, but I've never been, and I did hear that. You know, things get a little crazy. So later that night they're saying that, you know, a number of things also happened. One of the things was what you mentioned the banana, which I'm gonna let you take that one.
Speaker 1: Well, it seems though where they went they have this banana show where people, I guess patrons are encouraged to eat like a banana out of like the private parts of some of the performers or after it's been in there and that exactly. Now, that's some nastiness right there, Carolina. I'm not with it. I don't care if you my boss or not. This is the day that we part ways. I'm not eating no banana out of nobody's coucy. I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: And there's another discussion about Lizzo telling them that they were going to go to a bar in Paris, but not revealing to them that it was going to be a nude cabaret, which I think that that's important to let people know, like, hey, we're going to go clubbing, we're gonna go out, it's going to be a wild night, we're gonna do xyz, so that those people who kind of that aren't into that stuff can make that decision for themselves and decide whether or not they want to go.
Speaker 1: There another instance where you could say I'm good and decide to fall back. But I'm gonna be in my room, I'm gonna do an iemask, I'm gonna tweeze my chin hair anything. I don't want to see naked people tonight.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, and you think about it. If these people are on the road, they are going out every single day and not going out like partying. They're performing every single day. They're in a different town. They have to keep track of, you know, where they are. Sometimes that means self care. You know, self care could be exactly what you said, deciding to stay in bed and saying, you know what, I'm not about that tonight, I'm gonna take care of me. I'm going to order room service. And so they felt pressured that if they didn't go, that they would that they would get retaliated against, and that it would be held against them. Now, another thing that I also read in this lawsuit was that the dancers were saying that the management team was entirely white, and that the team was accusing the black members of the dance team for being lazy and unprofessional and would say that they had bad attitudes. But you know, again, I think that this lawsuit is really interesting because it's kind of like she said, she said, right, like the when the girls came out and they were alleging all of these things, we hadn't heard from Lizzo. So they were giving their side of the story.
Speaker 1: And it's thing had been busy on doing interviews. I was just watching them, like do an interview on like CBS or NBC or one of them. They are actually speaking out.
Speaker 2: Now, definitely, And then there's a big conversation about the weight shaming, which I actually had to look up weight shaming, and I didn't understand. But when we come back, I'm going to break down for you what the girls are alleging that Lizzo would say to them, or one girl in particular, and we'll do that after the break. So when these accusations started coming out and one of the young ladies was saying that she was weight shamed, I didn't understand what that meant, you know, because I've heard of fat shaming, I've heard of body shaming. I've heard of all these different things, and so I I googled. I was just like, what is weight shaming? And I think that it is. There really isn't an explanation for it. Do you understand what weight shaming is?
Speaker 1: Oh no, that's a fact. My mom did it my whole life growing up, eat a salad. Weight shaming was a part of my upbringing. I've lived it. It can be very traumatizing, have long term, you know, negative effects on any woman or even boys. People wait shame little boys too all the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well yeah, so then I guess it's more weight shaming because a lot of people online and you know, the comment section is crazy right now. Everybody has an opinion, everybody wants to say what they want to say about this. But you know, I guess my assumption is that it's it's the equivalent of body shaming and fat shaming, and it's it's not even necessarily about a specific number. It's pointing out that somebody has gained some weight. And so one of the girls said that she was being weight shamed by Lizzo and her choreographer and said that Lizzo came up to her, I guess at one of the rehearsals and was just like, what's going on with you? You know, like, what's why are you not as bubbly? Why you? And she she basically put them under like a thin veil of concern, But Lizzo had called attention to it and was kind of calling her out about it. So that's that one, to me, is just kind of a little bit I again, we don't know, we weren't there. It's kind of like a what she said versus what Lizzo said. And I think that there were people who were present that can maybe speak to that, but also there are a number of other people that are coming out now talking just about Lizzo's attitude and what it's like to work with her.
Speaker 1: And that I think that's where I was blindsided. I think more I always, you know, had Lizzo on this pedestal because of what she had done for body positivity. I watched the reality show The Watch Out for the Big Girls where she actually hired two of these dancers from they had auditioned and they won like a spot to go on tour with Lizzo, and everything seemed fine. Like Arianna Davis, She's one of the girls that competed on the show, And I would have never expected any of this to come out like I am mind blown because I really thought Lizzo was different than what these people are alleging.
Speaker 2: I think everybody did. Yeah, And I never got to watch the show, so I can't speak on on.
Speaker 1: She was so amazing on the show currently. She was so loving, she was so encouraging. She would cry if she had to eliminate someone, like it would hurt her heart to send someone home.
Speaker 2: And are these were these auditions for girls to go out on her tour with her. Is that what it was?
Speaker 1: That's what it was that everyone was. They were auditioning for a spot to go on tour with Lizzo, and one of the girls that won is one of the girls I believe that's part of this lawsuit, which is Arianna Davis.
Speaker 2: Wow. Well, yeah, they're saying that there were personal details about their lives, like one of them was a virgin, and they would talk about that extensively, and you know, she was very embarrassed. She didn't think that everybody needed to know that personal information. And so there's like a whole lot going on. But Lizzo did respond, okay, And now you guys are listening to this. So this is all happening like within the past week, and Lizzo said, quote, these last few days have been got rigingly difficult and overwhelmingly disappointing. Usually I choose not to respond to false allegations, but these are as unbelievable as they sound, and two outrageous to not be addressed. These sensationalized stories are coming from former employees who have already publicly admitted that they were told their behavior on tour was inappropriate and unprofessional, and then she said, with passion comes hard work and high standards. Sometimes I have to make card decision, but it's never my intention to make anyone feel uncomfortable or like they aren't valued as an important part of my team. I know what it feels like to be body shamed on a daily basis, and would never criticize or terminate an employee because of their weight. So she's speaking out on her own behalf and saying, like, hey, whatever, these girls are saying, Number one, they were fired, and they know why they were fired. I guess she's alleging that they had inappropriate behavior. And then you know she's basically saying these are false allegations and I would never address them, but I need to because this is like my name. She said. I'm hurt, but I will not let the good work I've done in the world be overshadowed by this. I want to thank everyone who has reached out and support to lift me up during this difficult time. I cannot imagine what her phone looks like right now.
Speaker 1: Her number must have been changed at this point. You can't possibly keep the same number after a story like this breaks.
Speaker 2: No, and then this former director Okay, this this documentarian that was hired to do a documentary on Lizo, which again I didn't watch this documentary, but I heard it was incredible, Like that's streaming right now. She shared her own experience and said that she traveled a bit with Lizzo to be the director of her documentary and that she walked off the job within two weeks, and she said she was yeah, did you see she said she was treated disrespectfully, and then she went on to say that she saw how arrogant, self centered and unkind Lizzo is. I was like, whoa, Okay, now this is like people doubling down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like because this happens, you know, like the whole kicking while they're down thing when one allegation comes out, people that might have had similar experience in this side. Okay, I'm going to go public.
Speaker 2: Two.
Speaker 1: This happened to me with Lizo, and everyone wants to share their story, and I guess kind of echo the same sentiment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but then, did you ever get to the bottom of the false imprisonment charge? Because I've been trying to look for that. I don't understand what's going on there.
Speaker 1: The only thing I can equate with that was Ariana Davis and Crystal Williams. They claimed that they were scared to speak up for themselves out of fear of losing their job. So they pretty much were like there, they wanted to be on the tour, but they felt like if they spoke up for themselves or defended themselves that they would be kicked off the tour. It's like they felt trapped in a way.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, yeah, because like false imprisonment to me means like did she lock them in their hotel room? Like did she not allow them to leave? Like what is that all about? So I think that we'll be hearing more about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I need more later. No, I definitely didn't need more details on this. But in the c CBS News interview that I watched, the two main dancers that are filing the lawsuit, they explained why they were fired. Well, they there was like some issue about drinking. They said Lizzo did not allow them to drink at all, you know, drinking on the job. I can kind of understand that that's.
Speaker 2: Not uncommon for people who go on tour and perform. There are some tours that are completely clean.
Speaker 1: And that's a fact, and then she confronted them about drinking before the shows. You know that people were saying, like they just didn't look good on stage, and they blamed it on we think you guys are drinking before you go on stage. And then they were fired, and then they proceeded to file this lawsuit and I guess unravel all these other things that they experienced during the tour.
Speaker 2: Wow, I mean, this is just so crazy. So the three former backup dancers are now speaking out against her. The director who is not a part of the lawsuit. Also, I want to make sure that we like cover that she was very open about that and said that she was just stating her opinion on working with Lizo. So we have her coming out and discussing and now how did Beyonce get dragged into this mess? My queen is out here touring, she is working, and now people want to say that Beyonce is being messy, which now even Beyonce's mother has been dragged into this whole thing. So, you guys, this is like Dan Rolo, like, this is like a whole web of just like stories and allegations and things that are coming out. And so once we take this break and when we come back. I'm going to give you guys the latest on what Tina Knowles had to say because mama has spoken. Well, honey, did you get a chance to go and see Beyonce when she was in town?
Speaker 1: Nah? I actually fell back. It was Met Life. I felt like it was gonna I love Beyonce, but I've seen her like probably like eight times, and I said, this year, I'm gonna sit my ass down and let other people enjoy.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Well one of my friends, her husband has a box like a suite, and she had four tickets and she was like, do you guys want to come with me? And I was like, oh, hell, yes, I want to come with you. You know. So I was super excited. I haven't seen Beyonce on tour since on the Run. And that was at Met Life as well, I think so, or was it a Yankee Stadium? I don't remember, but anyway, so we went and there's a part of the show and this is why it's important, So I wanted to bring this up. There's part of the show where Beyonce speaks a bunch of iconic artists' names. Okay, so she says like Rosetta Tharp, Santi Gold, Bessie Smith, Nina Simone, Betty Davis, Solange, Knowles, ba Do, Lizzo, Kelly Roll Okay. So she's been saying that on tour throughout the entire tour. So in I think her latest performance, she decided to just say Bado Badu Badu. Okay. So now there's different reasons why people think that she's saying that. But she took Lizzo's name out, and everybody went wild with this. They oh, Beyonce doesn't support Lizzo, this and that. No, no, no, they're talking about like how everybody's backing away, nobody's supporting Lizzo. So Tina Noles, Beyonce's mom, came out and was like, y'all need something better to talk about. She was like, Beyonce did not skip because of this lawsuit. She also didn't say her own sister's name. You really need to stop. But a lot of people are saying, like, whoa is the entertainment backlash coming? Now?
Speaker 1: You already know they said, they said, Beyonce performed Break My Soul and she left off Lizzo's name, and that was everywhere. I'm like, is Beyonce really taking a stance like I was like, Okay, Beyonce never really stands up for too much when it comes to like other celebrities and stuff. She's very careful with what she does. So I was surprised by this. Thank god. Tina Knowles was like, let me tell ya what's.
Speaker 2: Up, right, because then there was the headlines Beyonce's canceled Lizzo. No, I don't think she's canceled Lizzo. I think that she just decided to do something different in Massachusetts than she did in New York and New Jersey. But you know, I do think there's something a little bit suspect about that. And people were talking about her and ericabaud Dou like just sidebar. Erica Badu recently said that, like Beyonce stole her styles. So people are saying that, like maybe Beyonce was shading Eric Abadu by saying Badu Badu Badu. Whatever. Okay, So anyway we digress. We come back to whole lawsuit and everything. So I don't know, what, do you think you used to be a paralegal, and I know that you've been around situations like this before. Do you think that these people really have a chance at a lawsuit?
Speaker 1: Well, you know what it is. Once you file these lawsuits, there's lawyers, there's people that's like, we're going to get you paid, We're gonna get your bread. Like they they're swon for like lost wages and things of that sort. I guess for getting thrown off the tour because they were allegedly drinking, but they were not drinking. So this feels more like an employment discrimination lawsuit versus like something deeper, Like I feel like, yeah, they were working with little they feel like they were wrongfully terminating and their working conditions weren't really like what they would have ideally liked sexual harassment. But like this is more like an employment you know, litigation that they have going on here.
Speaker 2: But now do you think that this is something to where like Lizzle will have to go into court and like testify against them if they decide to really take it there, Like, is this something that that.
Speaker 1: It's civil to look at? Well, yeah, no, it's definitely a civil. Also, they have attorneys. I'm pretty sure these attorneys are going to take it all the way to the top and they'll get paid later on once there's a settlement and nothing goes harder for a client, and that an attorney that's going to get paid at the end. So trust me, Carolina, this is not going to go away unless there's some type of like resolution or arbitration or mediation behind closed doors. And Lizzle's like, I just want this to go. Wait, how much money do you want? How much money do you want? Okay, here's the check, go away, ladies. It was nice knowing you.
Speaker 2: Oh okay. So then this wouldn't be something that we would see like on court TV with people testifying and going back and forth. Because remember like the Johnny Depp amber Heard trial where we were just like totally fixated on the television we could not stop watching.
Speaker 1: It really depends on the dancers and how far they want to take it and the lawyers like, Okay, we're going to drag this out. We're going to take little to Supreme Court. Because with simple cases you do go up to the Supreme Court. It's not like it's something minor. This is big. This is a big deal. And the fact that these girls are banding together and then they're also getting people to chime in and the background, it's given it more validation and more I guess validity to their claim. So Lizo's gonna have to pay up, Liza's gonna have to go to court. This is not going to go a way easily.
Speaker 2: And there are two sides to it too, because once Lizzo released that sement, see I feel like you're damned if you do and you're damned if you don't, because a lot of people have been commenting like, oh, there was no acknowledgment, no accountability from Lizzo in that statement. Well, what do you guys think that she's gonna do. Do you think she's really gonna come out and be like yep, I made them go to this like banana show and answerdam with me. You know. I think that she's gonna let her lawyer handle that. And let's also look at the big picture. Lizzo has enough money now to hire one of the best lawyers in Los Angeles. I think Marty Singer is gonna represent her. And Marty Singer has been connected to some of the like the biggest celebrities and their court cases and stuff.
Speaker 1: Like Marty already spoke out and said, we are confident that Lizzo will be completely vindicated in this matter. So you already know Marty's gonna go hard for Lizzo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he is not to like the cameras. He loves to represent celebrities and you know what, that's his wheelhouse, you know. But like, on the other hand, I think it is important that if you have ever been in a situation, just because somebody has more money and they have the ability to hire like the best lawyer doesn't invalidate you know, maybe what you're feeling or what your recollection was, you know. So I think these girls have like a crazy battle ahead of them. But I also think that so does Lizzo because if more people start coming out and talking about their experiences with her, it is not a good look.
Speaker 1: And you can't prepare your reputation. It would suck if this is something that is not valid and it's not truthful. And now a lot of us have you know, now a lot of us have a different perspective as to who Lizzo is. There are things that you just can't race, and these allegations are here forever, we will forever find them, and Lizzo's image has been tarnished. I was I was online and I was like getting all these Lizzo numb and they were like Lizzo lost like one hundred and twenty thousand followers on Instagram alone after these accusations came out. So people are already being turned off by Lizzo despite not knowing the truth of the matter fully.
Speaker 2: Wow, And then that definitely hurts her in the pocket because you know, you lose one hundred and twenty thousand followers. I don't even have one hundred and twenty thousand dollars, you know, but it's like those numbers though for her that equals advertising dollars, endorsement and branding deals, you know. So that's going to hit her in the pocket if this negative press or this negative attention continues. Now. I thought of a really great point though that somebody brought up to me when we were discussing this today. I I know, if this were a man and these were accusations against like a different artists that were a male, this would be blown up like crazy. I think it's blown up like but I argued, I think this is a giant story, you know what I mean, Like, I don't think that it's any us because Lizzo is a woman. I think the people are more surprised because it's a woman.
Speaker 1: Also, for me, it was just okay, so they're hanging out. Lizo is very open sexually. We all know this. Lizo is very comfortable showing her body and twerk and just you know, she's very open sexually. So right, I took it for like, okay, they went out. You know, Lizo was maybe drinking, she was doing a little too much. They weren't comfortable with it. So I have to wait for this story to unfold because I feel like there's layers to this story.
Speaker 2: I know. But you can't do that anymore. I mean I feel like again, like I said, like it's twenty twenty three, you cannot be heading to a strip club with your counterparts. Now. It's even frowned upon to even go to a bar with somebody who you work.
Speaker 1: With, you know what I mean, Like thought these were the homies.
Speaker 2: No, you gotta watch out. That's why they say you may think they're your homie, but they may be a phony, you know. I mean, it's true because you have to be so guarded, but it's actually when you're in a position of power. You know, we have to take these oh my gosh, you guys, we have to take these courses every year online and it's like our company makes us take this like thing where you have to learn about sexual harassment and all of these things, you know, and it's like they do it because then they say like we prepared you or we let you know what's to be expected, and they always have these like fake people acting out these scenarios. I would love to see them try to like fake act out the Lizzo scenario, like, hey, we're gonna go We're gonna see a woman with a banana in her vatina, Like what do you guys think a B or C? Is this appropriate? Is it inappropriate? Or do you just go with the flow? You know?
Speaker 1: And different artists are totally different when it comes to who they interact with on tour, Like I know a lot of people that work in the touring industry, Like one of my close friends, she's on tour with fifty cent right now, and she was on tour with Naked, with Ariana Grande, with Pitople, and every experience is totally different for her. Some artists come out, some artists just go straight to their room. I feel like this is a case where you know, Lizzo did too much and was too involved with the dancers hanging out drinking, going outside, and she gonna let her guard down. She I guess maybe she just didn't act like a boss. Let's say, like, I know someone who was on tour with Bad Bunny. He was amazing. He chartered everyone, didn't even take buses. He brought them everyone on planes, and they said he would be most amazing. But he wasn't always present. Like he would set up like bowling parties for them. Everybody would go bowling, he wouldn't be there. He would buy everyone sneakers and he would send them, he wouldn't be there. Maybe what happened to lizz was she just got too caught up and started hanging out with these dancers like they were her friends. And here we are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh my gosh. No, definitely. So it's like word to the why separate your business and your pleasure and your fun and your friends, because like this is not it. And I'm just curious to see how Lizzo's gonna deal with that. But I do think it's going to give us more of an inside look into how these tours operate. You know, And we were mentioning before I know that when Britney Spears was on tour, all of her dancers were tested, they were required even on their off days to be clean. They wanted nothing, so you had to make that commitment. If you want to dance for Brittany, you cannot consume alcohol, drugs or you'll be kicked off. You know, So we need to see in all fairness, like, were there these rules implemented on Lozo tour? You know, did the dancers really know what their limitations were before? Because it could come back to bite them in the ass.
Speaker 1: You know, we don't know at this point. Is it sensationalized or is it one hundred percent true? And we just never knew Lizzle because I feel like a lot of the times, Carolina, we tend to put celebrities and pedestals in Lizzle. I feel like this is one of them. I feel like everybody's like, oh my gosh, she's so body positive, she's amazing, she's so good, she's doing so much. She's representative of so many different you know groups, you know, people of color, women of color, plus sized people, like she was just a queen to a lot of people. I myself always supported her, always admired her, and definitely totally blindsided. But it teaches me a lesson. You don't know these celebrities girls, sit your ass down. Stop guessing.
Speaker 2: No, But also I do have to say, like, we are a country of innocent until proven guilty, and I think that we have to be fair, you know, we have to I think cancel culture. Everybody's so quick now to cancel. And it's like, could it have been a toxic work environment? Yes? Should we give Lizzo the freedom and the ability to defend herself like in a court, Like she doesn't have to release a statement for the public, like a lot of people would want her to, but she doesn't have to, you know what I'm saying. So it's like, you are innocent until proven guilty in this country, or at least you know, a lot of people say that, But like are we practicing that, because I know a lot of people have already begun judging in their own lives, and.
Speaker 1: I feel like we haven't practiced that and forever, I feel like in this country, it's like the sentiment is more you are guilty until you prove yourself innocent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, even a celebrity, even a.
Speaker 1: Celebrities this it's like, okay, you did it. Now proved to me that you didn't do it for real.
Speaker 2: And now, like I think that she has season two or she has another season of her show that's going to be coming out, So this could definitely harm her professionally, Like there are a number of things that could you know, backlash, be a backlash for her, and you know, I'm curious to see how it's going to play out. I know that when R Kelly got in trouble. I know that when Chris Brown got in trouble, people were writing into the radio station saying, take their music off of your station. You know, are people going to go that far with this? You just never know.
Speaker 1: We don't know. It's like even brands that's also a big deal for like artists. It's like brands will disassociate themselves, Like she could lose millions behind this. So it's like not that I want it to be true, but I hope it is truth. If this is already probably going to cause dis must damage to not only her reputation but her pockets, well.
Speaker 2: We are going to be watching and we will keep you posted, guys, because this story is just wow. Like them, I said, like the flames just keep getting higher and higher, and I was like one day That's what I was like, Tina Knowles is involved? What is happening here? You know, like not Beyonce's law. That's what you said.
Speaker 1: We got to talk about it, yes, because.
Speaker 2: I said the queen's mother. This was like, Beyonce is my queen and her mother Tina like who birthed her? When she speaks out, you know you need to listen. So I feel like we're gonna hear more about it, Like, definitely comment and let us know what are your thoughts on this? Did you believe it right when it came out? Whose side are you on? Let us know. You can follow us at l I Spanguish on social media, hit me.
Speaker 1: Up on a gram. I am honey German. I'm down to discuss this topic from all different angles because I have opinions.
Speaker 2: Oh definitely, and you can hit me up at the real Carolina on all social media. Guys, thank you so much for joining us and for liking and subscribing. You know, we give you a new episode every Friday, so make sure you join it next week.
Speaker 1: Please see Lifeence Banglish is a production of Life Pence Banguished Productions in partnership with Iheart'smkunturda Podcast Network,