Speaker 1: Spring cleaning, Let's talk to the pros. Welcome in everybody to fantasy pros. This is the Fantasy Baseball Podcast. Is me Joey p Joe Pizipia, And today we are ever so close to opening Day and leading off, which starts on Wednesday this week twelve thirty pm Eastern Live. You can watch myself and my good friend the Welsh talking baseball, talking fantasy, talking wagering, talking DFS, talking baseball period having a good time every single weekday twelve thirty Eastern where you kick off the day before opening day because we just can't get enough baseball. But before we get to opening day, training camps are ending. We have people packing up their things. Some are being DFAD, other people are getting the call to the big leagues. And we're going to talk about some of the spring training winners and losers here and Welsh, it is a peculiar part of time here because this is when you see guys who are not making the team getting cut, very sad, but you also see dreams coming true. You may moments like Jordan Walker making the team, Anthony Volby making the team, and oh it's a really really heartfelt, feel good baseball moments.
Speaker 2: There was actually one you want to know what, They're all really cool. I love those videos, by the way, I must be just a sucker for those, like those gotcha cam videos of these guys making the team. Today as we're recording this on Monday, the latest one to drop was Bryce Terrang with the Milwaukee Brows made it and there was something really cool about that one because they really were trying to get him. They were just like, well, we're going to option you to Colorado and then he like, he didn't process it, and it's a really cool thing. It's a weird time for me too, Joe, because out here in Arizona, you know, I've been going to camps for six weeks. I've been out almost every single day, going out watching players, seeing progression and stuff like that, and it's kind of coming to an end, though, I will tell you I is able to go and check out the padres and get to see Juan Soto, who looks like he's going to be good for the season. And that's part of it as well. You're seeing dreams get crushed, dreams appear and materialize, and then you're also seeing players. We have a little bit of panic on for the last couple of days of what could be drafts if you have one right before the season starts, and you could maybe feel a little bit better about one. Soto actually playing and starting after he played a big old rehab assignment game today and Joe Musgrove pitched as well, and he looked very pretty good.
Speaker 1: I thought that Joe Musgrove overreaction was so crazy. I was like, guys, it's a toe. He'll be okay in a couple of weeks. Like stop dropping him in drafts. I saw him going a fifth round, six round of another draft a deep league. Was like, what do you do?
Speaker 3: He's going later than that? He you know what?
Speaker 2: And today he pitched about five and he was talking in the there's like the dugout right there, and I got to hear in the dugout he was talking about a new pitch grip on his change up that he was using, and he was in a mood, like a great mood.
Speaker 3: He was able to go deep.
Speaker 2: And they're talking about one potential misstart. I don't know, man, after the start he just had, I wouldn't even discount the possibility that he doesn't even miss that one. But yeah, huge discount, and that's kind of the thing that happens. There are players that you know, the worries and the fears are going out and we get to take advantage of. Joe Musgrove was like a huge advantage taken of in some of the drafts I had most recently.
Speaker 1: And Terrang probably a guy too you want to pick up in those leads where he needs steals because he might be somebody who can contribute there. And of course you know, we didn't talk about it yet, but Reese Hoskins injury obviously a huge blow to the Phillies. We did get into it a lot on the show I just did recorded with Matt Striker though, So if you want to see that, it's on our Betting Pros YouTube channels. Also on our MLB channel as well if you haven't subscribed, already subscribed to both. But again, Fantasy Pros MLB that's the place to be. We're leading off every single day. But we got into the Hoskins stuff and the Philly stuff a lot on that video features video for MLB for wagering, but a lot of good Phillies talk on there too about that go ahead we.
Speaker 2: Wash oh, I wanted to check out that video. I wanted to see it some future stuff because I have to.
Speaker 3: I do have. I don't do as much.
Speaker 2: You are like the futures bet guy. Him Joe is like the master of futures bets. I'm a big d season guy. But I have two actually technically have three futures bets on Rookie of the Years and I have one n L on Corman Carroll, and I've got Yoshida and Volpe which I took before Bay got on the roster for Ale Rookie of the Year.
Speaker 3: So I'm feeling good about that.
Speaker 2: But I cannot believe that we're getting set for all of this, and I cannot believe that the season is about to start. And I'm also excited to get into all of this my friends, and I can't believe. That's what I was gonna say, is that leading off is starting in a.
Speaker 3: Couple of days. We're going back to the live shows that we live show that we do have. Everybody checks it out. That's what You're all part.
Speaker 1: Of the show. Like everybody watches it live, you're all there. You're part of the show. You start to you know, you ask us questions, if you have funny comments. We put them on the show live. Sure you know we are the We are the People show when it comes to baseball, and we made baseball fun. People forgot there's must be fun. The rules changes are going to bring it back. It's gonna be fun again. So we're going to have a blast. But let's talk about some people really having a blast. Let's talk about the Spring Training winners. Welsh, who is number one on your list?
Speaker 2: Well, this is funny because you got to the list before me, and you definitely.
Speaker 1: Make the sheets, so in all fairness, yeah, you're going to get to.
Speaker 3: Them before me.
Speaker 2: You have one on there that actually two that jump out immediately, but I was surprised at one that you did not throw in. Who I think is the biggest winner of spring Training. In fact, he owns spring Training. It's Jared Killmick with the Seattle Parners. I can't believe that he didn't make your list. Kelnick was just borderline into obscurity, kind of like where Joey Dell is. Unfortunately, Joey Deell primarily what happens in late March, he gets optioned to Triple A and I kind of felt like that was what was going on with Kelnick seemed lost. We found out in this offseason he was finally letting people into his brain trust. He was going to finally let people speak to him and go to drive line. And that's such a weird thing to think that this wasn't happening before, especially with all the struggles. Well, guess what, it seems to be materializing because he had a phenomenal spring hit three sixty in spring an almost four hundred OVP and over eleven hundred ops. He had four homers, three stolen bases, which I think is huge. When we're sitting here and talking about who are the guys that are going to benefit A guy like Jared Keelnick is a man on a mission and there's a little bit of an advantage, and he's not going to hit high in the lineup. I think Jared kel if he's hitting and he's out there, he's going to steal twenty plus bases. This year he had eighteen hits in fifty eight bats and hitting over three hundred while minimizing some of the strikeouts is one of the biggest wins. And guess what, as much as everybody is sitting here being like.
Speaker 3: It's spring training. It's spring training. It's buying in.
Speaker 2: People are buying in, and his ADP is rising because this might actually happen. So you want to talk about spring beneficiaries and spring risers. You didn't put him on here. I think he is the number one player. It's Jared Keelnick.
Speaker 1: Listen, man. I got my first share of Kalnick in my home league this year. It's a person keeper fifteen team league, and I got him for eight bucks, and I just I want to see, Like, for eight bucks, I'm like, you know what, that return could be massive. Maybe he becomes that guy that he was always supposed to be, it's great. And if it doesn't, the eight box doesn't going to kill me.
Speaker 2: And there's not really anybody holding him back next so they got it.
Speaker 1: I mean, maybe we can argue Kelnick's been the guy holding Kelnick back at the end of the day. Maybe maybe no question listening and opening up the brain trust or whatever the hell was like maybe this the thing, but this is it, Like this is kind of you know, you know what, or get off the pot for him. But it was a very encouraging spring. Then the guy looked great. I watched him the f bats too that he took. He looked comfortable. Now it's just a matter of just bringing that over and look when they send it back down last year in Triple A. You pointed it out on the show the other day, he looked great, like there was no reason not to be excited about the potential of Kealennick finally realizing his potential. The number one guy for me is Anthony Volpi, which it's funny. Sunday morning, I was all with Matter Trecker on Sports Square and we were talking about the Rookie of the Year odds, and I said, look, it's plus eight hundred for him right now, Like, go get this because if he gets the call and he gets called up there, it's probably going to move very rapidly where that number is not going to be there anymore. So if you like him, you go ahead. You take him at that number, and you hope for the best that he does get a lot of play. He's gonna hit ninth. By the way, that eight hundred moved to plus six fifty overnight, So yeah.
Speaker 3: DK, it was seven.
Speaker 2: I got him at seven fifty like a week or so ago, and it's up to five hundred.
Speaker 3: Right now, So it's even over there. Where was the Where were those good adds you just got?
Speaker 1: Uh, those are over on FanDuel right now. But again, we want to see the consensus. You go to betting pros dot com for the consensus. But I mean, if you are looking at you know right now where things stand here for Anthony Volpie after spring. In spring he had three home runs, he had five stolen bases, he had three to zho two with a four thirteen OVP of six to twenty three slugging and a ten thirty six ops. Spring training doesn't mean a lot. But what I saw out of OPI and DOUBLEA what I see the Yankees moving towards, which is a younger product, which is, you know, the more you have these young kids on these you know, smaller contracts, the more you can afford to go out there and be the Yankees again and start signing big free agents again. You know, they spend a lot of money on Aaron Judge. They got a lot of money in Garrett Cole and they got to offset that. And I don't know how long Donaldson is for this team. I really don't like. At the end of the day, I could see him getting moved on from But the fact that they recognize at Volpe's that energy spark they need. I think it's going to be a good thing for that team too. I think they kind of need a little of that. I don't expect him to stick in the nine hole very long. If he hits, he is going to move up that order very quickly. So to me, Volpi's put himself in a great position there. So he's my number one guy before we get to the next guy here on the list, because we've got a good amount of these guys here that we want to talk about today. I want to talk about a really cool opportunity here, something that I know the Welsh has got into recently too. It's one of our sponsors here on the show today, and that is so rare, which is so rare MLB Now, if you don't know what this is, it's a revolutionary, free to play fantasy baseball game that's officially licensed digital cards for all thirty MLB teams. So if you go to Fantasypros dot com slash Collect again Fantasypros dot Com slash Collect, and you sign up today, you can build and manage your fantasy baseball MLB team like a PROGM and compete against other opponents worldwide and epic rewards. So unlike other fantasy baseball platforms, So Rare managers truly own their fantasy experience by scouting, buying, selling, and competing with player cards each and every week. So basically it's fantasy meets cards.
Speaker 3: That is own, by the way, that's important thing. You own these cards.
Speaker 2: When you play it, and that's like I'm a collector. And actually, if you guys want to check it out on the Fantasy Pros MLB channel, I have an introduction video that you can check out that kind of goes through it and talks you through a lot of what Joe's talking about. But so Rare is pretty fascinating with the ownage of the cards they have like one of one's to five thousand and common cards, and then you play in matchups with roster construction that you guys build and you can win not just more cards, but some pretty cool events and experiences as well. So I highly suggest you go check it out and I will have some more So Rare content on the YouTube channel in the coming months.
Speaker 1: Very cool, another reason to subscribe to the YouTube channel and right now if you want to go join that home competition Fantasybros dot Com slash Connect take your fancy baseball experience to the next level with so rare MLB, so rare MLB. The next era is your So let's get into number two on your list, Welsh. Whose era is it next?
Speaker 2: Well, it is going to be Jordan Walker's. This is a pretty easy one. You know, you got Anthony Volpi, which I one hundred percent would have put on here, but you didn't put Jordan Walker on.
Speaker 3: So why not you talk about Spring?
Speaker 1: I'm a nice guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, no. I felt actually felt.
Speaker 2: Like this was one of those that you purposely left for me, knowing that I was going to fill it out.
Speaker 1: He did.
Speaker 2: But if you want to talk about the new era, uh, it is Air Jordan if you want. Did you know, by the way I say that lovingly, he actually does a few inscriptions. He has actually have the ball right up here, h Ei R Jordan. He inscribed balls with my friend Sid Dennis Sidler. From Sid's grass you can get the Air Jordan inscription. Is very cool because he is next up. Jordan Walker, though he tailed off at the end, is a physical, physical presence on the field. He ended up hitting three homers, which he came out of spring just banging two stolen bases. He hit two seventy seven. Needs to walk a little bit more. His strikeouts got a little bit crazy on the back end. I will say that I do think there's a possibility there's some volatility where I actually think Volpi is a little bit safer and like where I don't worry about Corbyn Carrol and where he is because of his floor. Walker's a little bit more volatile with some of the swing and miss, but he also is maybe the most explosive of any player. And it's hard to deny that, like what this spring did got him this gig because they had all the reasons in the world to not bring him up. I think forty Man construction, Dylan Carlson, Alec Burlson, and just not starting the clock. They had all the reasons to not do it. That hot start did it. And if you watch the video when he was added on, it was also like how he overcame the adversity of his struggles with a little bit of a shoulder injury and struggling at the back half of spring, and how he maintained himself. He's the guy he benefited.
Speaker 3: Is no doubt he.
Speaker 2: Is one of the top spring risers that we are going to be taking a looking at. And he's one of the most exciting prospects for the twenty twenty three season. And he's also So why this little tipbit here, Corbyn Carroll's Rookie of the Year number has dropped a little bit on some books. I might go re bet that because Jordan I've.
Speaker 3: Been making it move him down.
Speaker 1: I got Corbyn Carroll plus seven hundred when it first opened. I ran, I ran to the book to get that better number.
Speaker 3: Than I got.
Speaker 2: But I bet it months and months ago. But I'm gonna rebt it because Walker making the roster has literally pushed him down a little bit. More so it's better odds than I got like three weeks ago.
Speaker 1: Look last year again, Verlander twenty five to one. We got so many good things right. I'm begging to go watch that show everybody and go make even small investments like you make some some small investments. Ten bucks come on a couple hundred dollars in some of these if you do it right. So just you know, stick with us, Go check that out and There'll be a lot more of that along with our fantasy coverage here at MLB. We do it all. Let's continue on here with some of the winners from spring training. Another one for me is a guy who actually did not make the team, but I think opened up a lot of eyes, and that's Brett Baty, third basement for the New York Mets. And I'm not trying to be a homer here. Everybody knows I'm the biggest self lolothing Met fan that has ever been in the entire history of the universe. But I think what you saw was, you know, you saw the smooth left handed swing, you saw him handled major league pitching. You saw everything you needed to see. And Edward Escobar is a good player. He's a role player. He's a guy that the Mets, you know, really like, and the Met clubhouse really likes. But he's not going to be the everyday third baseman the entire year for the Mets. It's not going to be the case. Brett Baty is eventually going to come in here and be a thing. And I think that it's something everybody should pay attention to because if you drafted him and he saw he got sent down you're a little bummed right now, I wouldn't be. I would just keep him on the bench. If you absolutely have a short bench and you can't handle it, I get it, you need more help streaming pitchers, whatever. But if you have the ability to hold this player, I would hold him because I see a place where by Memorial Day he's taking over that job. I think he's going to be undeniable at Triple A. I think there's very little left for him to prove. I think spring training goes a long way just showing that you could hit major league pitching, and he did that. The defense is something that he's worked on too. I saw there was one Aaron throw. I was watching a game where did miss a throw there at one point. But other than that, the glove is pretty good, the bad is exceptional. And the Mets need a little bit more left handers in that lineup, and I think he goes a long way in that sense. So Brett Beaty's a guy for me that is going to be up probably by June. And if you're looking for a player for four months who might end up an every day job at third base, which Welsh. How many times we talked about how tough third base is to me, he's a win kind of player. Who's next on your list here? Your third guy for the winners in spring training?
Speaker 3: Well, my final riser here. It's actually probably a.
Speaker 2: Little bit questionable about how like much did he rise because of the spring, But I've been talking about him since day one, and Joe will attest to it.
Speaker 3: I'm not new to this game.
Speaker 2: If anything, I had to be one of the original conductors, because if there are three players that I'm associated with this spring, Joe, it's Corbyn Carrol Large, Nupart and Jeffrey Springs. And I think what happened spring, which I think is no pun intended this spring with Springs, is that there was a lot of talk people like me talking about how excited they were with the pitch mix and him getting more. But also take a look at the results that went along with all of this hype. Fourteen innings pitch this spring, twenty four strikeouts, did not give up an earned run and had a point five whip. Spring stats don't matter, but when you're talking about big breakout pitchers, guys that are ready to take the next step, like we've been talking about, when they come out and they are absolutely unhittable, dominant in spring, It's something to take a look at. Plus we've seen a little bit more sweeper action in his pitch mix. He's changed that up, which gets the hardcore pitching guys excited. Jeffrey Springs is a guy the projections still aren't pushing up. But I'm telling you, I have thought since day one that this is a guy that's got top twenty sp upside. It really is just built around how much can he get pushed this year? And I firmly believe he will push projection innings limit, pitched innings, pitch limit on projections this year. And this is why I think he's going to be such a dominant guy. And we have seen his adp rise and rise and rise, and some of it must have to do with this insane spring that he had.
Speaker 1: Speaking of great Springs and guys we've talked about ad nauseam. How about red debt Mers. That's my last guy to talk about.
Speaker 3: I would have added him if you didn't, my friend.
Speaker 1: Seventeen innings in Spring two sixty Era gave up just ten hits. Nobody's squaring this guy up. He struck out twenty three guys in those seven innings give up just five walks, the e the whip excuse me, point eighty seven, the batting average against one point six y one. I mean, Redebt Meers has really emerged. And I'll tell you what in Angel's rotation that we have been so tough on over the last couple of years, that really is just they have failed to develop pitching that has been a big problem for this organization in the past, and this is an opportunity for them to kind of write that. And you know, the Angels on paper, they are deeper than they've been in a while. They need somebody to step up in that rotation. If Redebtmers pitches like a front end starter along with O'tom, this is a very different Angels team potentially. I say potentially because the injuries to Trout, when those things happen, it seems like annually it just drags everything down with it. But re Detmars is in a unique position right now to be that compliment to Otani, to be that guy towards the front of that rotation, and that completely changes the look and feel of this team. And in fantasy purposes, he's a picture that I thought would really start to rock it up, like I saw Spring's adp rocket up. Denver's really didn't. It really just kind of hung up. It moved a little bit, you know, and maybe some of the Sharper leagues you see him go around maybe too early, but I'm telling you it, like those teams that were aggressive on Detmos canna be really really happy for it. Before we get to the losers. Boy, that's one of the best transitions I get to do all year, before we get to the guys whose Spring did not work out or maybe Spring was not their favorite season. I want to remind everybody too that now that we are transitioning into the regular season. You know, for those of you who already went premium Fantasy pros, that's awesome. Congratulations. Now you get access to my playbook. But if you haven't yet, I'm telling you it's the best suite of tools you're ever gonna find. My buddy Kurt, who I just talked to Welsh about before, he hasn't played fantasy baseball in the years. He was a huge Fantasy baseball nerd, and now he's gotten back into it and he got our tools and it helped him with the draft. He said, this is the greatest thing I've ever seen. I'm telling you and I told him in my playbook is right there with it. Where you can manage all your lineups for your ten different leagues that you're doing, or your two different leagues that you're doing. It's the ultimate suite of tools for managing the fantasy lineup and your roster all season long. You can set all your lineups from the app. Don't have to bounce for every app to app. No, no, no, one place set all your lineups. You could look at all of the trade analyzer tools, the waiver assistant. It's got so many bells and whistles. Download my playbook or going to Fantasypros dot com slash MLB my playbook again, that's MLB my playbook at fantasybros dot com. Sink all of your leagues and take your fantasy baseball experience to new heights and leave that competition in the dust with the old bases and the shift where things belong in the in the dirt, buried forever my horse book. We drafted the good team. Now it's trying to manage them all the way to the championship. So wels kick things off here, who's our first loser from spring training?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, no bigger loser than a second basement prospect that everyone's excited about that then gets sent down when there is nobody to really take his job. Unfortunately, you are a loveab looser jobs. You're a loveable loser when a guy named Orlando Arcia takes your job. And that's unfortunately what von Grissom had in front of him. He didn't really have a horrid spring hit three seventy one with the four hundred OVP had a couple stolen bases. Really not a lot of power that came out of it. But I don't think it was about the power. It was about what he showed on his glove in spring. I mean, this is clearly the Braves are not a team that's afraid to bring these guys up, bring them up early, and then extend them. They are not Look at what happened with Michael Harris. I mean they literally had the top two n L Rookie of the Year candidates in Strider and Harris, and they push them. So that is why we're all shocked, and for him to be sent down a trip is pretty eye opening for all of us. And it's hard to not say that he's a huge loser in this because he was a top two hundred pick who is going to start at Triple A, no homers, and really I think there's a big question about his glove because they work so much in the off season and in spring about him being a shortstop.
Speaker 3: For him to not make.
Speaker 2: It really makes me wonder if they are going to try to push him back in another position in the minor leagues or they're just going to dance around until they can get this to work. But von Grissom number one on the biggest losers.
Speaker 1: I would be buying him in Doyna se Leges right now because I think he's a hard working kid. I've seen a lot of things about him, and I watched him working on the defense too. I would be buying because I could make you can buy in cheap and those Braves prospects have a really good pedigree. Typically more of them tend to hit than they don't, and the ones that don't you can see right away, like the waters of the world and the Paschas of the world. I got look those guys for two minutes. I was like, well that guy's never going to be a thing. I'm sorry, I just did. Sometimes you just know when you're around the game. For all as long as I've been in Welsh has been you just know these things. But for the most part, they are so good.
Speaker 2: And the positive is is I don't think this was about the bat. I don't think because he hit three seventy one in spring. This was a defensive thing, so that gives us a lot of where that'sche was the difference. Pache was a Gold Glove defensive outfielder, but it was the bat that didn't get caught up. The Braves are a team that don't need that offense from Grissom right now, and that's why RCA might be a nice little compliment. I think they're going to learn their lessons soon. But no doubt spring biggest loser von Grissom.
Speaker 1: Yeah, definitely, so all right for me. First got on the list is actually somebody that you've been warning us all about, and to be honest with you, I haven't really seen too much of him this spring, so I had to go check out the numbers and it's Dylan Cees. It has not been good this spring, and I think all the regression that everyone's been talking about potentially that has been in there. Yes, he's going to strikeout guys. He did have some good strikeout numbers this spring. He was up to on the strikeout range a good number. They're seventeen to twelve there, so he's a really good spot. The problem, twelve walks is the problem. You know, seventeen strike out to the sixty things. You like that. The twelve walks, oh, that's a problem. The one eight to eight whip, that's a problem. The seven point three to one era. Now look, I remember the year that Zach Grienki won the cy Young for the Royals. He had an era of twelve in the spring or something ridiculous and he dropped so far and drafts people were like, oh my god's he heard something wrong. Some guys it doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: But when he just gave up eleven earned runs, by the way in one start in spring, I just want to point out he got absolutely wapped.
Speaker 1: And that happened sometimes where guys are like, I'm just throwing fastballs today, like that's all I'm doing, And that happened sometimes. So I don't want to freak out about it, but it is one thing where you have expectations of regression a little bit from what a guy did last year, and then you don't see him have a great spring or get lit up once or twice. It concerns me just a little. I'm not freaking out. I still think he's a top twenty five pitcher without a doubt, but he was going closer to that top ten universe, and I think that's a conversation that we've been trying to have all year long. Spring did not make that conversation easier to have. Next on your list of loser as wells who is it from Spring?
Speaker 2: Well, you know this Nay might not jump out to you, but he was all but a lock for at least a DH spot coming into this spring. And guess what optioned out. It's Wanda Pez And unfortunately he is one of the catalysts and the results of Jordan Walker making this team and wan Ya Pez didn't have a good Spring either two twenty four with a sub three hundred OBP. He did have a bunch of RBIs and one homer, only thirteen hits in fifty eight at bats with barely over a six hundred ops. And you know they had other options like Dylan Carlson is not someone that they had to keep up. He had Alec Burlson. I'm not even caring, nor do I care about options or anything like that. This is what gets them going there. But Yepez has been a little bit of a question defensively. So the bat has to play, and this was a guy that if you're hitting six or seven in the Cardinals lineup as a big bat, first power guy. There actually was a lot of sneaky potential there this spring. It wasn't just about Walker. It was also a really really poor spring. I will point out he was played in the Dominican Winner League. He got really sick, lost a whole bunch of weight, had a horrific Dominic Dominican Winner League, and I think that might have carried over a little bit. So he actually might be a sneaky by long term. But this spring brought out a huge, huge spring loser in Wanya Pez.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know how to phrase this except that my number two guy on my list is maybe the anti Kellernick. You know, if Jared Kellernick needed it was that prospect on his last leg who needed to have a really good spring kind of capitalize on that and give you good feelings. I think this is the end of the Joe Adell train. I mean, Joe Adell was a very highly regarded prospect everywhere for many years now, and he's gotten more than one opportunity, and I think a good Spring would have gone a very long way to maybe map out the rest of his career being a major leaguer. But Welsh, you get two twenty nine, forty eight at bats. Now, he did have a couple of homers, he did a four homers, but here's the bigger problem. Twenty two strikeouts in those forty eight at bats. That ain't going to get it done. To me, that's a guy that is still not having good pitch recognition skills, a guy's not getting the good pitch to hit, a guy who's not taking good at bats making good contact. He had two walks, two walks all spring, twenty two strikeouts. He had one stolen base, so he's an athletic kid. But the one stolen base one caught stealing. The ops was seven to seventy five. Again, he did have a couple bombs, but we all know Spring is not the great judge of power.
Speaker 2: Yes, Miguel Vargas had a fractured finger, and he guarded three walks when pitchers.
Speaker 1: Knew he couldn't sing.
Speaker 3: I just want to point that out.
Speaker 2: More walks when he couldn't swing, and pictures new than Joe adept at all.
Speaker 1: What more can one say than that? I mean, that's that's all we can say about Joe Adele. Is jo Adell done? Like?
Speaker 3: He just hasn't showl?
Speaker 2: Like there was this book a couple of years back about like really high velocity fastballs because he was trying to cheat and he couldn't catch up to them, and he still can't. Like I I haven't seen any new pit Like if you throw him a meat fastball down, can Joe Adele hit it four fifty?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 3: Can he run like the wind?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 3: But he can't hit.
Speaker 2: He can't hit for average, he can't hit consistently, and really good pictures are going to eat him for lunch every single day.
Speaker 3: So I don't know.
Speaker 2: Maybe Joidell is going to be a really late bloomer. I could see that because he's a pretty smart, competitive guy. But I just don't know how it's going to look because I don't know how many opportunities you still have, But I'm not going to be sitting around to watch that turnaround.
Speaker 3: So I'm out on jo Adell.
Speaker 1: All right, let's get to the biggest loser of spring. We don't mean in wait, we mean in possible value.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm going with another cardinal here, and I'm going with Jack Flaherty. Jack Flaherty really real bounce back potential that everybody was hoping for. But this spring has been more of the same. He's had five starts, he's had an over six era, he's had less strikeouts than walks and almost a one seven whip. Things don't look right. Things don't look like they're ever going to get right. There's continuous health concerns, and he didn't show any pot like we saw Lucas Giolito come back and have a really good spring and have positive signs. We've seen lots of people come back from these runs and reshow their stuff. Flarerity's not that. Flarity is showing more inconsistencies. He's showing very hitable pitches and his results look like garbage. And it is spring. But I don't know what you're working on. You're working on getting hit. I don't know what other the thing You're like, oh, we're working on fastballs. You're working on BP fastballs all day long. So I have to say I couldn't be more out on flerity where there are possibilities. Von Grissom might be the biggest loser, but there's a possibility he comes back. I don't think Flarity's draftable at this point. I don't know why we're doing it. I would rather take a shot on a million other guys. So Spring I think kind of did it in as a final nail in the coffin for Jack Flerty.
Speaker 1: Hey, somebody asked me this morning on Twitter, responded to one of our shows and one of the clips. He said, you know I've got Jack Flaherty. Can I drop him from Wiznsky? And I was like, yeah, easily, I would go for it. Like what do you have to lose at this point? I mean, and that sounds crazy if I said that to somebody, you know what a year ago. But we're living in the that's what we're trying to do. Somebody's gonna have to be living in the now and find another gig somewhere. Is Kestonhiro. Once upon a time, this is a guy people thought and the Brewer system was going to win batting titles.
Speaker 3: I thought he was going to be amazing. This is oh man, this is what he is.
Speaker 1: One of these guys Welsh, if you like. I remember watching him in the minor leagues and thinking, yeah, this guy's getting this guy's good, he's really good. And then you know, I watched a couple at bats even last year, and it's just like a completely different person. I think he got way too home run happy, way too pole happy, and the next thing you know, he is gonna find his way somewhere else. He got DFA today. Thirty two at bats this spring for him five hits, three or rbi, one run, scored, a one to fifty six batting average, a two to twenty nine OBP, and a four to forty eight OPS. I mean, I just don't know what becomes of you, Like, I don't know if another major league team says we can get this guy right. But it's such a dramatic fall with him and Adell. These were two guys. If people were in dynasty leagues coveting, and now one of them just got Dfaid and Joe Adell, I'll be getting close to being out of options, literally, and figuratively.
Speaker 3: At some point I loved this guy. I actually it's Welsh doing it.
Speaker 2: Iron review both Adele and the Heira, and here in the AFL he won the MVP and I think he might have won the batting title as well. Hit like three seventy. I was there literally in his pro debuts on the backfields of the Mariners and are with the Brewers, and you know, really easy swing, good in hands, just good approach, and it just fell apart. And the leg kick. He had this injury when he first came out, and he wasn't really utilizing his leg a whole bunch, and then in the spring the leg got really high, and I don't know, I just think he was always behind. His timing got messed up, and I think it just kept falling back. I hope some hitting coach can get a hold of him, but yeah, I don't know what happened. And that one actually hurts more than Adele Kessen Heira I feel like was more of a wrong in my eyes than even Adele was, because, like you said, I thought this guy, if anything, was going to hit for average, and that is the last thing on the planet he's doing.
Speaker 1: One more winner it's definitely David Peterson for the Mets to getting that fifth starter role. I told everybody I did a video in what February about you know the guys that are going to break out, the guys that you should be targeting early in drafts because it was only a matter of time before they got spots. He's the fifth starter, He's the lefty. You don't have to be a genius to figure this out. Like I don't know why, but it was definitely a good spring for a lot of players, definitely a bad spring for some others. We want to hear who you are happy about and unhappy about. Drop your comments below in the chat on the YouTube channel. If you haven't already subscribed to Fantasy pros m LB channel, the fastest growing YouTube channel for baseball in the history of the universe, it's right there, go be a part of it live Wednesday, twelve thirty. Opening day is going to be Thursday, Wednesday. We're going to start the show though anyway, so we're gonna be a day early, a day ahead with some bold predictions and some fun So join us live, but if you can't, they'll still be on the YouTube channel. You can watch it back or listen to the podcast version two, like, share and subscribe, and of course check out our sponsor too. In Welsh's video about So Rare, Fantasypros dot com, slash collect is the place to be. So Rare LB a great place if you love fantasy and cards and making some fun in your life when it comes to baseball. So that'll do it for us, but the story of the game goes on for the Welsh. I'm Joey P. We'll see you next time. Kids. Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Baseball Podcast. Follow us on Twitter at Fantasy Pros MLB and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros MLB.