Speaker 1: From UFOs to psychic powers and government conspiracies. History is riddled with unexplained events. You can turn back now or learn this stuff they don't want you to know.
Speaker 2: A production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 3: Hello, welcome back to the show. My name is Matt. Our colleague Nol is on an adventure, but we'll be returning shortly.
Speaker 2: They call me Ben. We're joined as always with our super producer, Dylan the Tennessee pal Fagan. Most importantly, you are you. You are here for now, and that makes this the stuff they don't want you to know. There's a reason that we say here for now because this episode is continuing part of our long term fascination. Matt. This is why for all the nuke fans, nuclear fans, if there is such a thing, fans of nuclear.
Speaker 3: Weapons, yeah, we're all big fans of those things.
Speaker 2: Just like trash can Man in the Stand. I recently reread the unabridged version of The Stand and Man that holds up despite some of Well, you could send us your opinions about Stephen King, we'd love to hear them.
Speaker 3: I still haven't read it once, but I am still thinking about our episode on the USS Liberty and the history of the country of Israel, and I am like kind of scared to do this topic just because it makes me feel nervous because we are talking about nuclear weapons and as we know, those things can end a lot of stuff quickly.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, I was definitely dragging feet on this episode for a while too, because it's an older concept a lot of people aren't aware of unless you specifically look into nuclear war, nuclear proliferation. You know, it's strange because nuclear weapons are world enders potentially, they're so dangerous. They've only been deployed twice in combat by Uncle Sam in Japan, and just witnessing that made the entire world say, okay, let's try to avoid this even with our enemies. Because if one person or one nation launchers a nuke, other ones will launch nukes in turn, a domino effect will occur. It could in civilization, and that leads us to something called mad mutually assured destruction. It's a theory that so far still holds.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the only good thing that nuclear weapons have brought us is if you are a country and you have those weapons, other countries are a little bit less dickish to you. That's literally the good The good thing that has happened because the threat of those weapons and mutually assured destruction keeps other countries a little bit at bay.
Speaker 2: I remember, I remember studying with some of my edgier old professors who would talk about this, and there they presented a series of great metaphors regarding how the tension or as you said, the dictitionist builds as any other country, even an ally attempts to gain the BOB. But once they get the BOB, the tension eases because just having that means you are a participant now in mad It inherently ups your status in the world order. And that's why once any country gains the capability of a nuclear weapon, even if they don't really have the ability to launch it effectively or reliably like North Korea the DPRK, they're still not ever going to give it up. Think of the lessons of Libya and other countries stepped back their NWKE programs, it did not end well for them. In different countries, they all have their own rules or policies about how they could theoretically deploy one of these massive weapons of destruction. One country in particular refuses to even acknowledge whether they have these things in the first place. That is tonight's grand conspiracy, Israel and something called the Samson option.
Speaker 3: Even though most of the other powers in the world acknowledge it, we choose not to. It's very interesting.
Speaker 2: It's Joseph Heller, It's Catch twenty two. We'll get into it right after a word from our sponsors. Here are the facts. Okay, So, out of all the one hundred and ninety five or so countries on the planet recognized by the United Nations, only nine are known to have nuclear weaponry. They're most of the ones you expect. There are some odd balls in the mix, Pakistan, India and North Korea, and then of course the US, Russia, China, France, the UK, the winners of World War two, and and then Israel has nuclear weapons according to everybody on the planet except for the nation of Israel. They it's because they have a policy of deliberate ambiguity, which it's gonna sound so surreal if you've never heard of it. A lot of the a lot of like the international policy wonks. We call it the bomb and the basement. They never once submitted to having the bomb, but they also never once denied it. Instead, they have these these very old they're almost like catchphrases at this point. And I'm saying this with respect because it is quite a clever policy. They're saying. The biggest quote is if you ask them about nuclear weaponry, Hey, tell us about that. Tell us about that facility in Demona or whatever. First they, by the way, they told the US it was a textile factory. But now they say, Israel will not be the first country to quote introduce nuclear weapons to the Middle East. But when they say introduce, they don't mean it the way everybody else means introduce when they speak English.
Speaker 3: That's so weird. They are they talking about, like Syria's attempts to get a nuclear weapon or some of the other countries in the Middle East that wanted to have nuclear weapons.
Speaker 2: And I'm holding my forehead the way I'm sure US ambassadors do when they're like, yeah, introduce, what do you mean, guys, what do you mean introduce? They mean to that point, Mett, they mean introduce as testing or formally acknowledging nuclear weapons, because the idea is that if they do so with so many enemies in the region, they'll exacerbate those countries push to get a new like Iran of course, or someun Arabia, et cetera. So they say it's it's kind of like a terrible, a terrible comparison a camera which what professor told me this but terrible comparison is imagine you go to somebody's house and it's the neighbor you don't like in your neighborhood, and you say, hey, is it true that you keep a secret child in the basement, And they say, well, we we're not gonna acknowledge that. We don't want to introduce it because you know, other kids, other people in the neighborhood would also want to have kids.
Speaker 3: Oh there are there are a lot of other there. We wouldn't be the first one to have a secret kid in the basement. So right, that's weird. That's weird. It is a strange policy position to have an unacknowledged nuclear arsenal but also be so adamant that another country in the region not have nuclear weapons, to the point where we find ourselves in this position today right where we have this massive conflict with Israel in the US attacking Iran right now to prevent them from having these nuclear weapons, and also seeing Iran didn't Iran attack that facility that you just mentioned, like the Demona facility at one point earlier this year, and then there have been further attempts to attack that facility. I guess we'll.
Speaker 2: Course, yeah, yeah, a compound if you want. Yeah. That's a great point, man, because we know that one of the ways Ally powers, as well as Russia and China, one of the ways that they try to prevent other countries from having nuclear weapons is through doing bilateral agreements or international agreements where they say, hey, we have the nukes, we're friends with you, so if something happens, you just call us up, man, and we'll come through. You just can't keep our guns at the house, right or you can't have your own guns, but will hang out at your house with ours. And it's so strange because also this surreal position, this woo do we have nukes? We don't know what knows. Western countries have also tolerated this, They've gone along with it. So you're never going to hear an official statement from Western governments that is not couched in pretending to play this game. That's why we'll hear experts say stuff like Israel is widely believed to have nukes when they say widely believed, they're saying, we know they have nukes, but we have to like play along with Graham.
Speaker 3: We can't absolutely just say it outright.
Speaker 2: It's one of the worst kept open secrets on the planet.
Speaker 3: It's it's just so strange, man, it's kind of strange.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't even know what to say about it. Why keep up the charade? Like the why? Why?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: Why?
Speaker 2: Their Their idea is that if they keep up this policy of ambiguity, then at least what the Israeli government is saying is that if they keep the policy of ambiguity, other nations won't be champion at the bit as much to get nuclear weapons.
Speaker 3: But doesn't it wouldn't it increase it though, because now you're talking about secrecy. Now you're talking about secret stuff happening in the dark rather than in the open. So then everybody has to assume what's occurring, right, and often we've found I think that countries' powers will assume that the enemy is doing even worse stuff than they actually are, out of a greater like to prepare for the worst, Right, that's always the goal.
Speaker 2: Right, hope for the best prepare for the worst. This thing is is a very flimsy fig leaf, and I think a lot of us can agree with that, especially because here's how bad of a secret. This is, how open this secret is. Despite this official stance, it is incredibly common for individual politicians and military leaders across the planet, including Israeli politicians and military leaders, talk very openly about their nuclear capabilities, even though you know, and quickly add, if they did exist, like, if they did exist, you know, we could put them on German subs, which just happened, by the way, we could put them in the air, we could put them on land. It's silly, but it does make a lot of sense. And then also, even though they don't don't have nukes, they're one of the countries that has consistently refused to sign the Treaty on Non Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons, very very fine line. Oh. In another reason they won't confirm it, dude, is because if they confirm it officially, that also means they would have to confirm how they got the nuclear technology. And that's a sticky wicket.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean we can guess that it was the Americans, right, I mean, the Americans created them. And then pretty cushy hanging out together in ninety Wasn't nineteen forty eight the time when Israel formed, isn't it? Or is it a run around there? Yeah, so the timing works out pretty well. Just just say.
Speaker 2: It's interesting and you're close, dude. It's a story the Jedi won't tell you. Folks. Yes, Israel became independent in nineteen forty eight after the Arab Israeli War established that independence. The first prime minister, a guy named David Ben Gurion, always wanted nuclear capability. He saw that as a crucial step toward preventing another holocaust, another genocide, and they even sent operatives out across the world, including to the United States, to specifically recruit scientists. They vastly preferred Jewish scientists for a nuclear program. They were doing this before nineteen forty eight. But they also knew a lot of these folks who were their supposed allies, their supposed Western allies. They didn't want Israel to have a bomb. So it wasn't the US that helped them in the beginning. It was France Viva lat.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, that's the story, man. I just feel do you ever get the feeling that the official history stuff is just kind of put there in the same way to mislead people. And I know that doesn't mean rethink all of history or any of those any of that, and I don't mean I distrust all of history. I feel like with something this this secretive still today in twenty twenty six, it feels like maybe they would build an entire cover story for this entire thing.
Speaker 2: I understand that instinct, and I definitely agree that history is a conversation. But from what I've looked into the story, as we know, it was not the official story for quite some time as well, and parts of it have never been verified by France or by Israel. So I think this was the true conspiracy, and it's quite Yeah, It's clear that factions of the US government or scientists based in the US US Nationals definitely did want to help, but Eisenhower did not, to be very clear, So if there was assistance coming from the United States government in some sort of subterfuge or skulled duggery, then it was definitely not at the approval of the White House or the larger military like and France was only doing this, by the way, because these guys don't have altruism at this level. France is doing this because they are already the principal arm supplier for Israel, and Israel is playing a huge role in France's intel operations as their colonial control of North Africa starts to slip. So they're saying, if you keep snitching for us, right, and you keep buying our stuff, then maybe we can help each other out a little bit. Like they even let scientists from Israel's still hidden nuclear program roam around France's nuclear compound and they get asked whatever questions. It was a redditt ama, and they said, look if we can have because everybody's still trying to figure out nukes at this point, right, to make them better. So France's thinking was, as far as we know that, if we can get the smartest folks in Israel's nuclear program to hang out with us, right, to just be lunch room buddies, then all of the access, like all of the research they do, we will learn and so maybe we can even start building better nukes than the United States.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, you can imagine that. But all of this is under the guise of peaceful nuclear energy, right, That's how it got spun to the US population immediately after the bombs were dropped, like, here's the future energy source that we can all use. We need these things all over the place because eventually they'll be our main power source. And then you can see, you know, the United States had that whole program that we talked about several episodes ago, where the US would export essentially nuclear energy technology, know how, blueprints, all of that stuff. If you as a country said hey, we are just gonna pursue the peaceful nuclear energy. We're not gonna try and spin up a bunch of things, and.
Speaker 2: Our ambassadors did a pinky swear. Guys, this is so serious. It's all peaceful and so and you know, Matt, you and I have talked about this for years now. The issue is what makes that such I'll say it, what makes it such utter bulks, is that the same process of refinement that you use to make material for a nuclear power plant is the pretty much the same process used to make weapons. So imagine if the imagine if you knew how to build a washing machine for clothing, right, and you said, Okay, I know how to build a washing machine, and it's going to make my country way better. It's going to make my house way better. It just so happens that the exact process for building a washing machine is the process for building a bomb. And one of them will wash one of them cleans you know, you're under rus and the other one blows up the neighborhood. So you just gotta.
Speaker 3: Trust it's just lint en Richmond, that's all we're doing. Just it's some extra lint enrichment to U two thirty five lint.
Speaker 2: Right right right, And sometimes you know, plutonium, it's just another brand of detergents. You guys are tripping us.
Speaker 3: Or it's got those scent crystals in it, you know, just dump it in before it's fine.
Speaker 2: And then they're like, oh, okay, well can I look at the washing machine? Absolutely not, yeah, yeah, don't go in the basement where we keep the kid either. So this, I mean, it gets messy and messy.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: It's his story a tip for tats quid pro quos. And like you said, it's always advertised as peaceful nuclear research. Check out the amazing videos of the amazing propaganda pieces that the United States had on this for decades and also so the US at the same time to our earlier point about history. They're getting more and more mythed that Israel will not let anybody see their nuclear facility. And they're like, hey, guys, we got a bunch of spies. They're just gonna say, we got we got we know what's going on, Okay, we know what's in the basement. And they said, well, you don't have to inspect this because look, man, it's a textile factory. You already know how rugs work. Yeah, you need our rug technology. And then Britain conspired as well to supply nuclear material to Israel. And then they also were like, mm whelo, chap, I haven't heard a thing.
Speaker 3: God well, and everybody knows. Just going back to the non Proliferation Treaty of it all, you said, Israel is one of four countries of the nine that have never joined in with any with the nuclear non proliferation treaty stuff. Isn't it weird that there are nine countries that are acknowledged to have these things and around half of them decided, hey, it'd be a good idea to not make a bunch more of these, to be careful to allow international inspectors from the UN to come through that, you know, the International Atomic Energy Agency is a good thing, and let's all be above board. But there's still around half of the countries that say, nah, we don't want anything to do.
Speaker 2: With that exactly. Yeah, it's a huge deal in nuclear studies because it's the prisoner's dilemma in real life.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: It only works if everybody goes along, and if there's even one dissenting party, much less several, then the whole system is endangered. It's quite a fragile system, just like democracy. You know, it's a democracy of nine countries, several of which very much do not get along, right, so getting them to agree on anything is kind of tough.
Speaker 3: Democracy manifest from. I can't remember hearing it.
Speaker 2: I've remember heard it though, so okay. By nineteen sixty five, this nation is capable of creating weapons grade plutonium, and sometime around the Six Day War, shout out to the USS liberty. They were able to launch full scale weapons production, not deployment, but they were able to build the toys. And at this point, the larger public of the world, outside of the spoopy dupes and the experts that no one believes, the larger public, including the public of the nation of Israel, they don't know what's going on. They don't know all the way up until the nineteen eighties when an Israeli new technician with an awesome name Mordecai Vanunu. I almost want to sound effect like when we like an American dad. Did did you ever watch American Dad?
Speaker 3: I haven't seen that one.
Speaker 2: Oh it's okay, there's a character. There's a character named Ricky Spanish. We're not going to get into it. Shout out to the twelve people who are laughing now. But the Ricky Spanish character always comes with a sound cue, so he's like Ricky Spanish and then a little bit of Spanish guitar. So Bodekaiva New News sounds like it needs a sound cue at the end, you.
Speaker 3: Know, well it's this guy is just a dude doing his job, but he's he's seeing what's happening, and he's understanding it, and he's having a crisis because he's realizing that, oh my god, like we're doing all this stuff. Nobody knows what's happening here at this facility. So he gets his camera out and he takes photographs of stuff that shouldn't exist, at least officially.
Speaker 2: Not in a textile factory.
Speaker 3: That's for sure, same factory we were talking about at the very beginning of this.
Speaker 2: And that's where he's working. And he has, like you were saying, tons of photographs. And despite these photographs being widely published, first in British press and then around the world, the government of Israel has still never once acknowledged these capabilities. And that's why estimates even now in twenty twenty six on their capabilities vary so widely. Like if you you know, if you do a typical like Google or Wikipedias or you'll see it's estimated that Israel has something between ninety warheads or up to four hundred. That's a huge range, especially for things that are this dangerous. But also that is coming from expert research that is not just AI slop. The rest of the world. I mean, probably a few people know now, but the rest of the world for most of the time had no idea how many Israel actually possesses. And we still really don't, and you know, it's hard to talk about it. Part of the reason we have been so careful with this is because anti Semitism gets caught up in the mix so very easily. You know, a lot of racist. People are going, well, yes, of course the nation of what other nation would lie? And the answer is, folks, all of them, all of the nations will lie to you whenever it benefits them.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, for sure. That's that's definitely one thing we have discovered in all of our days, hours, minutes doing this research. I do want to put this out there just because it is. It's pretty easy to find if you look up the Demona Research Center or the Negev Nuclear Research Center. The full name if you want to dive into the research is the Shimon Perez Negev Nuclear Research Center. And you can see satellite footage of this place from years and years and years ago up until really recent satellite footage of the place, and that has been reported on in recent news where they're looking at new facilities. They call it this one thing that was being built there earlier this year, the big black box. Well that's what do you think that might be? Is what the world press says. But just to put out there that it exists. Right now, we are talking about the history of this place and the research there and all of the things and the reasons behind it. But it exists, and you can look at it now right now, if you want to mm hmm.
Speaker 2: And what you'll see here is similar in other countries.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: You can find a lot of nuclear facilities or suspected nuclear facilities in all these other nine countries we've mentioned. And you can also troublingly find facilities and would be nuclear powered countries or nuclear capable countries as well. This is another thing. Several of these countries that we're discussing, they have what they call a no first use policy. And here's the heart of our conspiracy tonight, folks. Israel is a little bit different. They have something called the Samson option. Let's say we take a break for a word from our sponsors. Here's where it gets crazy, all right, no first use. Let's get this out of the way. It's just what it sounds like. Everybody is essentially standing at the great, the Great Tombstone Arizona gunfight that is the modern world. And these nine guys have guns, and a lot of them say, we're not going to be the first guys to shoot because we see ourselves as the good guys.
Speaker 3: Well that's nice, love it, And theoretically nobody ever shoots because nobody's ever going to be a First, here's the problem talked about before. There's this thing called, well, a couple of things. One of them is called terrorism, which means theoretically, somebody could gain a hold get like get a nuke and set it off, and now none of the nine people holding the guns is the first one to shoot. Somebody else found a gun and shot. Now everybody can shoot, right, because everybody is able to and they're allowed to with their first no first rule. The other thing is the false flag potential there. Right, maybe somebody lets a nuke out so that it can go off, and now they get to use their nukes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's once you pop the seal. It's very easy for that domino effect to occur because some countries have a policy that says there will be repercussions up to and including us launching nukes if somebody else does it, because we, you know, because we're not just the good guys, but like every country, we're the main character. It's it's so it's similar to it's similar to something we brought up before. There is a world of difference between Google's old motto don't be evil and the other version be good. So no first use is not the same thing as saying we're never ever going to use this because we're the good guys. It just means that they have agreed that if any of the other eight countries, or even a rogue actor with a dirty bomb or a maybe one of those backpack nukes that we're working on for a while, if another actor launches those, then it's Katie bar the door. They are going to be heavy consequences. You will get that smoke. The nation of Israel does not have a first use policy. Instead, they have what we unofficially call the Samson option, and that is massive retaliation. We're talking about this a little bit off air. It speaks to the history of the region. It speaks to is regional and indeed international posture. They're saying, look, we don't care of a threat to our country has nuclear ability. If that, if any other country invades or these the phrase destroys much of Israel, or if it's an existential threat, we will use the nukes as a last resort. I know I'm cursing a lot on this episode tonight, folks, but it is scary stuff. Think of it like back in our neighborhood comparison. Think of it as saying like they know this is disproportionate response. They're saying, oh, you want to break into my house, fine, oh burn down, Oh goddamn neighborhood. Let's see who's crazier. You want to see crazy? That's what it is.
Speaker 3: Well, that's why it's called the Samson.
Speaker 2: Yes, exactly.
Speaker 3: Anyone, break out your bibles, head on over to Judges sixteen if you want to, you just start with thirteen and learn the whole same since saga. But if you go to sixteen, you'll learn Samson's whole story is about just vengeance, kind of a little cycle of vengeance where he's killing Philistines, sometimes hundreds of Philistines, sometimes thousands of Philistines. Sometimes he is putting his hands on two pillars and bringing an entire temple down on himself and all of the Philistine leaders and soldiers, thousands of them that are there. Because gum, like literally, that's like the situation. It's exactly what you described, Ben. I will kill myself if it means it kills you two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, you want to dance. That's wait, that's ah, that's Michael Keaton in something.
Speaker 3: But it's genuinely a scary it's a scary set of stories within the Bible, because it really does. I'm just looking through it, reading about it, and there's so many times where Samson just it says, the spirit of the Lord comes upon him, and then he just murders a ton of people. At one point he gets a donkey's jawbone and kills a thousand men. Good God, just an angry, angry dude with the spirit of the Lord. You know, he just rages out and kills a bunch of people, but he's venerated as some kind of hero. It's really it's messed up, man. And you know what, we never even learned the name of his mom throughout the entirety of the Bible. We know his dad's name, but his mom was just a woman who was considered a barren and an angel came to her and said, hey, you're gonna have a baby if you don't drink wine or eat anything unclean, and your congratulations. You have like a special boy. And he's gonna he's gonna have hair that connects him to the Lord and makes him crazy powerful, and he's gonna kill thousands of humans.
Speaker 2: It's crazy.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I don't mean to speak down about the Bible. It's just it's a wild story to base anything on.
Speaker 2: Well, he's also and also he's a judge. We got to put that care. That's why it's the Book of Judges, right, That's why he's in that part. It is. It is wild, and it definitely has that grand, almost theatrical gravitas that is common in some of these conversations, you know, and this is this is very scary, does match some of the biblical lore of this Judge Samson, because we see that most experts who have analyzed this, and experts with secret clearance right with access to classified research, they say that the Samson option, if deployed, would likely include deliberate strikes against non military targets similar to Hiroshima and Nagasaki. This would hit cities that means schools, that means hospitals, that means civilians. This is seen by everybody body else has a clear violation of international humanitarian law. So, despite you're hearing this right, folks, fellow conspiracy realist, despite not having nuclear weapons wish wish air quotes, the Israeli military and government have repeatedly reminded the Middle East and the world overall that anybody looking for smoke is welcome to fa fo on a nuclear level. And the rest of the world doesn't really agree with this. They don't see that as retaliation, they see that as a pre emptive nuclear strike. We also got to shout out Seymour Hirsch, who wrote a landmark book about this that popularize the term the Samson option, Israel's nuclear arsenal and American foreign policy. And it's all about how the US, which has a close relationship a troubled relationship with Israel, has gone back and forth on this on whether this is right, how this works, versus their relationship with other friendly nuclear powers like France or like the United Kingdom. And to be clear, folks, to be clear, obviously we're talking about a country. We're not talking about a people here, because the people of Israel didn't get to vote on this. But to be even more crystal clear, everybody hates this idea. Everybody in the room thinks this is a terrible, terrible idea because they know that if Israel were to bomb Ran with a nowp tonight, then before dawn of the next day, surrounding enemy nations would launch their own attacks in turn, which could in turn retrigger the Sampson option, leading to yet more nuclear attacks of course on military installations, of course, but then also on heavily occupied civilian areas. So in a very very very short period of time, the region could crumble into smoking wasteland. This is a dark wind, dude.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, well we've seen what some of the targets are for multiple countries against other countries, right, and we know it's military, it's infrastructure, and then it becomes population centers. There's the that's the way the targets go. You destroy communications and the ability for your enemy to like target things and prevent missiles from coming in. You prevent them from communicating with each other. You prevent them from being able to launch other things, right, you prevent them from being able to launch other military strikes, conventional military strikes. Then you turn off the power and the water and all these other things, and then you take out the city centers so nobody can rebuild. And it is just it's end of the world stuff. It's fallout stuff. It's the freaking silo, it's all those things. It's just and it's ready to go, and we keep humanity keeps putting itself in these positions where we're in a tinder box and ready ready for it to explode. And I don't know, man it because right now we've got multiple fronts where this could potentially set off. Right, the Middle East is definitely one, but we're also looking at your Ukraine and Russia right now, and how much forces are gathering there that are not just Ukraine and Russia, and how many nuclear weapons potentially are at play there. We're seeing it happen in the South trynes See and Taiwan and all these other things. Just the potential for something to go bad with one thing, and the Samson option just I don't know. I don't know if it's better or worse, or it feels like it's worse. Just that whole you know, come at us too hard and we're gonna nuke some stuff that it just feels horrifying. Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And there's reason, folks that I'm mentioning dark wind and the mats mentioning fallout because this domino effect, right, this mad cap doomsday scenario for the Middle East, it would inevitably affect other places that are not involved, just because of regional weather systems. So countries that were not directly involved, like Turkey would be a big one right right there kind of in the area. They could find their own citizens affected by radiation, so what would they do? And then if any other nuclear power deploys their own weapons against Israel because they have friends right who have been attacked, then it has to theoretically pull a Samson again and fire back. It's highly unlikely, let's say, virtually impossible that the US or European allies whatever bomb Israel, But China is an open question. And then we have to ask about what you know, Pakistan or India or North Korea?
Speaker 3: Well, Ben, do we really do we really think that the tracking capabilities, the technologies that exist right now are such that there is no way another country in that region has nuclear capabilities and it's just either unknown or somebody looked the other way, or they built an underground facility like Iran did, and they built it a long time ago and they've been refining materials, Like do we really think we can prove or know for sure that nobody else has nukes in the region.
Speaker 2: In terms of industrial capability like manufacturing capability, we're pretty confident just because of the chain of resource control. But in terms of like an individual thing maybe from the fall of the Soviet Union, or maybe like a rogue aq con type scientist, maybe somebody like the fall of the Soviet Union is a big concern. But then you know the idea that maybe and extreamist in an extremist faction or cabal in Pakistan could conspire. There are possibilities of individual things leaking out, But a great deal of time and energy is spent not just tracking down the chain of anything that could be used for manufacturing, but also trying to keep a close account on the number of nukes overall.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, and we know the human beings, Like it requires human beings with no how and training or understanding to be able to run facilities, right that might refine plutonium or uranium or whatever. And we've seen that state powers will murder those folks if they seem to pose a threat. Right. I guess all of that stuff makes sense. It just feels like there's so much money in a place like Saudi Arabia that has a sovereign wealth fund or you know, that's just one country. There are many countries in the region that have fast resources of money that could be used to pull an individual in or you know, to build a facility or to dig down and create something. I just I don't know it. The confidence maybe that especially Western powers feel or have the thing that you see like that. It's not necessarily bravado, but it's a confidence like we know everything that's happening at all times, that feeling that you get it. To my mind, it feels as though that is a posture more than a reality. But maybe I'm just completely off base there, and I think it's I think it's important to show that outwardly or to make people think that more so than it is.
Speaker 2: And this this is uh, this is a good point. This is why I'm drawing such a sharp distinction between manufacturing capability and individual warheads. So finding manufactor xuring capability is going to be a lot easier because they are much There are many more opportunities to get a peek into what's happening. Right, you have to build stuff, you have to assemble stuff. You can't make it all on your own domestically. That's why North Korea needed a q CON and some help from China. But if we talk about an individual warhead, then we're getting a lot closer to something like a needle in a haystack. That's why we talk about these extremist actors. You know, somebody's able to get the one thing from you know, I'm not trying to pick on Pakistan, but someone's trying to get the one thing from the stands somewhere, a former Soviet country or something, and they, perhaps because of their motivation, are not a rational actor, right, So they're not concerned. They don't give a tinker's damn about mutually short destruction. They just want to blow stuff up. They don't care about the consequences. That's one of the big ones. And I love the foreshadowing about just real quick point. I love the foreshadowing about the idea of posture versus practicality, because supporters of this policy are saying that not having Samson on the table is more dangerous than having it. And they're also they're also going to say, some supporters will say, we don't think Samson will ever be used. Its advantage, its edge is entirely because it is a posture, which I don't know if I entirely buy that, but that's what that's what a lot of people will say. And then more hawkish folks are going to say another thing that I don't fully agree with that I think is kind of propagandistic, more like military gung ho types are going to say, I support this poul See because if allies of Israel know that Samson is on the table, they're going to be more likely to assist Israel in a conflict, hoping to nip things in the butt before Samson gets activated again. I don't know if that we could count that as analysis or more like salesmanship and wishful thinking. That's just my take. Again, I might be off base.
Speaker 3: No, I hear you.
Speaker 2: I keep thinking.
Speaker 3: I keep thinking about the It was a country in Africa, the yellow cake from Niger maybe, and the aluminum tubes from or they got them in a different country. The stuff that was heading towards a rock that was a big deal was made out of Hey, we have to go in there and stop them from enriching uranium. And because they're trying to get the components you would need from all these other places. I think it was Jordan maybe where the aluminum tubes were. It makes me think that somebody is some watchdog, is looking at these things and they are paying attention. It does make me think that I don't know, man, I'm just gonna choose right now. I'm gonna choose to believe that we know everything that's going on in our the spoopy doupe. So the absolute best, the ones that are paying attention to this stuff, and it's all gonna be.
Speaker 2: Okay unless they get corrupted or out, or unless there's or unless you know, you use a a Belgian mining company as a front to get yellow cake of uranium from from the Democratic Republic of Conggo, which definitely happened, just like the British used a Norwegian proxy. Once you get private industry in there, man, you can do a lot of other fun Slight of hand magic tricks. Also shout out to most death in uh, that old Dave Chappelle sketch where he plays the president and they talk about finding yellow cake and most steps he just has he has yellow Angel's food cake and a napkin. It was right up there with that with whomever. I think they lied to Colon Powell too about the w MTS, But it's right up there with that moment where someone's like, yeah, aluminum tubes and that press conference look kind of silly.
Speaker 3: Those aluminum tubes. Again, like I I was pretty young. I was like a high schooler when all that was happening, and I never really saw the aluminum tubes they were talking about, or you know, what they looked like or how big they were. So I just imagine the aluminum tubes.
Speaker 2: I was aware of the Red Old's rap.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, rails, rap were things you might find in a bathroom. They are holding up the shower curtain like, oh, that's an aluminum.
Speaker 2: Tube that could build a nuke? Right now, what's in this soap? So it's uh, it is that there's a lot of back and forth and there are a lot of postures and public presentations. To be honest, undiplomatically, there's a lot of theater in this kind of stuff. And you could say that some of it's necessary. You could say that some of it just complicates the issue. But to put it diplomatically, critics refuse to hear any of the supporters arguments. They say, this is absolutely bonkers. The potential for disaster outweighs the advantages any advantages of posturing. But what would happen? What if it actually happened? We have to be clear with you folks, first off, yes, the nation of Israel can absolutely do this. They do have the capability. The policy of ambiguity is a ridiculous thing. But from their ideal perspective, they're saying, nobody really wants to reach this point. Thank goodness, we know that nuclear retaliation in their minds would remove the present threat, whatever that may be. And additionally, it would set an example of how anybody else thinking of an attack, because they would be thinking, holy crap, these guys weren't joking. They really will go Samson. And then they'll say okay. That would also give us a window of time to repair secure resources and civilians get assistance from our allies, and those allies are probably also going to bring in troops and munitions, humanitarian aid, etc. Will soldier on. But the ideal scenario, no matter how smart people think they are, man the ideal scenario seldom happens in real life. We'll see a domino effect. We'll see other we'll see allies of if it's another country that gets attacked, if it's Iraan that gets newked, we will see whatever allies are bound by pre existing agreements with Iran probably have to jump in and retaliate. On some level themselves. And then there's another thing with the dimension of proxies, right, and then they get Samson, and then those countries have other allies, or those proxies have other allies, or those terrorist groups have other allies, and then they get Samson, and all of a sudden, mad doesn't matter, right, because at each step nations that have treaties with Israel are also getting pulled in. It's got to think of like NATO and Article five. You know what I mean, so ugly, so quickly. I don't know, man, Do you want to take an ad break and talk about the aftermath here? No?
Speaker 3: But I think we should.
Speaker 2: We're back, folks, and you can tell again how creeped out we are by this. We hope you're creeped out by it too. We are being really diplomatic when we say the aftermath would be insane. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I keep thinking about Samson. Man in the story, the woman that he loves betrays him by accepting an offer of thousands of shekels in silver.
Speaker 2: From the Philistines.
Speaker 3: Right, Yes, to figure out what Samson's weakness is, like, how do we get the spirit of the Lord out of him so we won't murder a bunch of us when we try and capture him, and she tries over and over and over to get him to tell her what's going on, and then betray him, and he flwarts her a bunch of times, and finally he tells her, you just cut my hair, and they cut his hair. They come in, they capture him, and the first thing the Philistines do is the gouge's eyes out, And so, like you're imagining again, we're talking about a cycle of vengeance here, right, Samson gets vengeance on the Philistines. The Philistines want to get vengeance on Samson for murdering thousands of people. And then it just continues and continue. And the more I think about this, the concept of bringing the entire temple down on yourself, just despite all the other folks that wronged you. At one point, it's so I was gonna say selfish. I don't know, maybe that's the wrong word for it.
Speaker 2: But it's a pyrrhic victory as well. It's a victory that destroys the victory.
Speaker 3: Yes, And and how many people do you have to take with it? The people like people? How many people are in that temple to diagon or part of that feast to dagon are actually a part of people that cause Samson harm right, that he would enact an eye for an eye vengeance on And then how many are just there?
Speaker 2: Yeah, how many people, especially when we're talking about situations like this, how many people living in various Middle Eastern countries have been trying to leave? How many families have been trying to get out already, you know, for years, for decades, and they want no part of this conflict. When elephants make war, its the grass that suffers in the aftermath of this. Even in the most ideal scenario of the Samson option, thousands, hundreds of thousands of people would still die as as collateral damage, and the nation of Israel would become a pariaused state on a global level, another knock on effect that people might not think about because it's so unpleasant. There are other innocent people would never be affected by radiation because of where they live, who will still get killed because of the Samson option, particularly people of the Jewish faith or Jewish heritage in the diaspora across the planet. A massive wave of hate crimes, terrorist attacks, maybe persecution by their own governments that can happen. This, This can still happen in twenty twenty six. People of Jewish origin with no Israeli's citizenship, folks who have never been to Israel or thought about it, never practiced Judaism would still be targeted as representatives of a nation that they've never known. And then also, oh my gosh, what if you're one of the other eight nuclear powered countries you see, Sampson, Remember we were talking about new first use. You're going to start rethinking your own nuclear policy. You are going to have that oh crap, it can happen moment, and you might become more pacifistic, less warlike, but history proves you're probably going to become more hardline. You're going to take the safety off your gun, even if you don't pull the trigger.
Speaker 3: I keep thinking about Gaza and the things we've seen happening there exactly right as as vengeance, like acts of vengeance against a group that has wronged someone right and like absolutely done wrong and like it's horrible, right, one horrible action after another. We see that. But then I'm trying to imagine if there was another nuclear capable country in the region, like in Iran, would there be a pushback against the vengeance one way or the other. Right, would there be a balancing of some sort or would would it immediately turn into Samson option or you know, I'm imagining it might actually be an okay thing if there was a balancing force.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's something that's something people stay up all night thinking about and arguing about, right, and lose some of their careers over at times because people aren't sure the thing is. Nuclear weaponry is relatively new in the Great Grand scheme of things. It's one of the most dangerous things people have invented. Did very few countries have it, which means that we have a dearth of sample sizes we have, we have scant precedent for what would occur other than post World War two and mad We know that a bunch of countries would immediately Countries that have capability to get this stuff would immediately redouble their efforts to acquire the bob Just a few Republic of Koreas, South Korea, Japan, definitely, Latin America, South Africa, definitely, Saudi Arabia. To your point, this is one of the greatest conspiracies in all the modern history.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, Sorry, Ben, I keep almost making a point, and then I miss it. The biggest The biggest point is it goes back to our discussion about how having a nuclear arsenal makes other countries listen to you and at least care that you have an opinion about something you as a country are doing. So I do under and that's all I mean by balancing force. I don't mean, hey, now we've got more nukes pointed at each other. It's just now we've actually we might actually have countries who give a crap what the other one says and what their opinion is of our actions, rather than hey, we can we have secret nukes that we can just kind of do what we want.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, once the nukes are in the public, that would that would potentially we're talking about balance. The reason those countries will listen to each other is because of mad Right. So if if other countries went nuclear gained that capability, That's why I'm saying with like, definitely Saudi Arabia for instance, right, or other very very wealthy, even the geographically smaller countries in the region, would have a do you have a stronger voice when you go nuclear? Right? That that is that is one of those very scant precedents we possess, but given the deep descent and historic ConFlat in the region, we cannot assume that our other precedents a balance of power would hold, because this would be a new animal, and the fate of the world is writing on it. Also, it may sound like we're picking on certain countries here, folks, Again, we assure you that we are talking only about governments and only about technology here. We're not necessarily talking We're not trying to put a personality read on any nation of millions of people. And we also need you to know that the Samson option itself is kind of unique, but it is far from the only terrifying nuclear doctrine. The United States historically has no problem bombing civilian populations with nukes. It happened twace. We also we explored the true story of another very scary thing, Russia's infamous dead Hand, which it's hard to say that without doing a heavy metal voice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a scary one. That sets off all of the missiles to strike all of the targets simultaneously to make sure your enemy can again, it's Samson like, to make sure your enemy cannot win this conflict.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Bernie down the house. We also, I mean Soviet plan, right, so we know that the Soviet Union dissolved. A lot of the experts still think dead hand is active in some capability. But because Russia is a kleptocracy now, it's really a big question of how much of how many of their warheads still work, you know, and how many just fell to misuse and corruption. Oh yeah, because once you build these things, there are such a pain in the ass to maintain. It's like how you know, any good gun owner knows that you need to train regularly and you need to always clean the mechanism. Right, That's like a nuclear warhead is that times a million, and if something goes wrong you die of radiation, sickness and exposure. So they're hard to they're hard to keep going. What's another example. What's another thing that's hard to keep going? Saltwater fish, an octopus in an aquarium.
Speaker 3: Drums man drums. It's hard to keep them things tuned correctly, especially if you're using them.
Speaker 2: But also if you just leave them humidity.
Speaker 3: Maybe yeah, yeah, if you just leave alone for a long time, though sound terrible, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think those are great examples. The octopus in the aquarium, the drums in the basement. Oh gosh, kids in the basement. It's it's crazy, because you know, there are there are other flash points. One that we mentioned a while ago that we didn't talked about here, just so you know. We mentioned South China see East Asian sphere. We mentioned Ukraine and Russia obviously the Middle East. Also Pakistan, India and China, who are so ready to rock and roll, like scary scary ready to rock and roll. What better time for what better time for a possible Chinese invasion of Taiwan or a Pakistan India conflict than when the entirety of the rest of the world is distracted in the Middle East. So this thing could, with the best of intentions, this Samson option could have, could create other conflicts a world away just because of the chaos. Yeah, we're.
Speaker 3: Keep getting this underlying feeling been that something really bad is going to happen here stateside before the election this year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for the midterms.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I'm trying very hard not to do too much tea reading, you know, and putting my own spin and bias on news stories that come out. But I swear man, I don't want to say some of the things I'm thinking out loud because it's weird, because it does make you feel when you're paying enough attention, it makes you feel like you can kind of almost see the future in a little bit, like in a small way. Do you ever get that ben where you're just reading some of the geopolitical things that are happening, and then you're just kind of going, Oh, somebody's preparing for X or X is going to match up really well with what why is doing over there?
Speaker 2: Uh oh, I'll say it. I will not be surprised if a false flag event occurs prior to the midterms, either on domestic soil or on an international sphere. I will definitely not be surprised if the current US regime attempts to invalidate the midterms. And I think democracy has ever been a fragile experiment. The United States is at Jenga tower right now, and we're halfway through the game, right so every block that gets pulled, and every time it's someone else's turn, we get a little closer to collapse.
Speaker 3: It keeps feeling to me like the group in charge right now is preparing to change leaders.
Speaker 2: Right. Yes, agreed, that's a good way to put it, and that is diplomatic. And in addition, that the global order is changing. America was once the United States was once the pre eminent superpower of the post World War two planet for better or worse. But now well, Uncle Sam is flagging, you know. It's got a dry cough, can't run as faster as long as he used to. He's running out of his toys. It's a diletent but not quite official war on Iran in partnership with Israel in Saudi Arabia. It's draining resources even now the US, even as the US population is suffering financial hardship from corruption, inflation, Kleptocras see a sharp decline in education, which happened way I don't know about you, guys. That happened way faster than I thought it would. NATO is in endangered, the UN is like the League of Nations, for Pete's sake, it's find itself more and more toothless. You don't see much about all of this combined in your local news shows or your local YouTube channel check out stuff they don't want YouTube, No, But I'm right there with you because I'm seeing things where it sound it feels not even conspiratorial, but it feels increasingly implausible to ignore what appear to be stronger and stronger correlations and connections. So maybe we're both bubbled, you know. And hey, if you're there with us, welcome to the bubble. Thanks for hanging out, dip in.
Speaker 3: What what a filthy bubble to be in? This is? This thing is gross.
Speaker 2: Bring more coffee, by the way, yes, bring more coffee. Freak a monster fort coffee for me and to you for Dylan. The world as we know it is, Yeah, it's always been teetering on the edge lapse, though the good guys are more than capable of rationalizing very bad actions. This is the stuff they don't want you to know.
Speaker 3: I don't know how do we stop the cycle of vengeance?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 3: How do you? How do you? Is the only way to stop a cycle of vengeance? One one side of a conflict just decides Okay, that's enough.
Speaker 2: Do you mean in international affairs or just in general?
Speaker 3: I mean in general? I mean you could just take two people right that are continually doing each other wrong and then declaring vengeance, you know, for the previous action. It just goes on and on and on and on. It is like, I don't know if there's a philosophical answer to that and an actionable answer to something like that, or if it really is somebody has to give give in in a way and say we're finished here, there's no more of that.
Speaker 2: Well, it usually in that field, you know, reconciliation. Reconciliation in the Balkans is a good example in international affairs and on a peer to peer level or a person person level microcosm, both parties have to be have to be self aware enough without being self centered, to admit, to admit brongs and to give space to the other person. So oftentimes when you feel like you're arguing with another person, you know, you don't see yourself as a bad guy, they don't see themselves as the bad guy, but they will not accept you as being a good guy. Or then you know, now we're getting into personality stuff because they won't accept that you also, I don't want to use this phrase here because of the subject matter, but that you have a right to exist, and that's something that is really difficult for people and for nations, and this leads us to this leads us to a bright side though as well, because you know, the cynic will argue, or the nihilists will argue, or the AI program in some cases will argue that the ultimate way to end human conflict is to remove the problem of humanity.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: A lot of sci fi is about that. I don't think we're there yet. Good news, right, because we all have stuff to do later this week, so the week will continue. I think the US will solderraw on or I hope and we want. I don't know, Matt. I can't wait to hear from people around the world about this. From our fellow conspiracy realist. There's so many ways to contact us, folks. Thank you as always for tuning in, whether it was on Netflix or your podcast platform and choice. Please stay safe out there, Please give us your thoughts so we'd love to hear from you. You can find us on the lines conspiracy stuff, conspiracy stuff, show any derivation thereof. And we also have a phone number.
Speaker 3: Yes we do. You can leave a voicemail right now if you want to call one eight three three std WYTK. Just turn those letters into numbers and give it a call. You got three minutes, say whatever you'd like. Give yourself a cool nickname so we know if you call back, and we can refer to you in one of our listener mail episodes if we do put it in there. It's on the audio feeds, not on Netflix if you are on Netflix, but you'll find it wherever you get your favorite podcasts. And hey, if you want to send us an email, it's probably the easiest way to contact us.
Speaker 2: We are the entities that redeach piece of correspondence we receive. Be well aware, yet done afraid. Sometimes the void rights back. Give us a random fact. We'll give you a random fact, Give yourself a cool nickname, or ask us to give you what we love. Adding those in send us the links take us to the edge of the rabbit hole. We will do the rest conspiracy at iHeartRadio dot com.
Speaker 3: Stuff they Don't Want You to Know is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.