Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center. Jack Armstrong is Joe Getty arm Strong and Jetty en he Armstrong and Yetty Nicholas Buduro had his chance, just like Iron had their chance. Until they didn't, and until he didn't. He left around and he found out.
Speaker 2: What we've witnessed today is a powerful demonstration of America's joint force. We think, we develop, we train, we rehearse, we debrief, we rehearse again and again, not to get it right, but to ensure that we cannot get it wrong.
Speaker 1: Also, we haven't mentioned this yet today. New York Times was their reporting on Sunday that we had somebody next to Maduro. I mean, we had a mole in there, knew where he was hour by hour all the time. And so others have said, that's a good message to send to Putin or various bad guys around the world. Ayatola whoever, that we can get somebody really close to you that knows exactly what's going on.
Speaker 3: I'd like to know that raises a little paranoia among the evildoers of the world.
Speaker 1: Well haha, yeah, make some look around one. Oh but it's him. I saw the way he looked at me the other day at dinner. I'm gonna kill him super quick.
Speaker 3: Note had a really enjoyable conversation with Mike Lyons about this during hour two of the show to kick off our two. If you missed it, you'll probably enjoy it. Grab it via podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand. You ought to be subscribing that way, it downloads automatically.
Speaker 1: I've seen the pictures of Trump in the what do they call it, that room that they're in when these things are happening.
Speaker 3: Oh, the situation, the situation room.
Speaker 1: I like that we've got a situation happening, which is pretty big.
Speaker 3: After the guy from Jersey Shore, Mike, the situation pretty broad term because everything's the situation, but the situation.
Speaker 1: It's a fair point. And Trump's sitting in there, Tylas collar open, looking very stern faced. I'll bet he was, because same as Obama with gett know, Osama bin Laden or whatever. Man, these things go wrong, not only and I imagine first and foremost your thoughts or geez, I hope we don't have, you know, twenty marines die here or something like that. But then just the political fallout would be immense if that had been a disaster, right, yeah, yeah, both are true. Oh, Zelensky over the weekend more or less saying, how about, that's pretty cool what you did there at the Maduro, But you try the putting there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a little different, different situation, but I see your point. Ah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, it could have been a disaster. And one of the main things we talked to Mike Leines about was what a magnificent display it was of American military might and coordination and prowess.
Speaker 1: I reached out.
Speaker 3: To a person I am close with, a career military fellow, and expressed that in many words, and he responded back, we can do some serious ass, I said, yours is more concise than mine. We can like nobody else on earth. But we certainly didn't to when we were leaving Afghanistan.
Speaker 1: So why is that horrible leadership? That's what I'm wondering. Was it just was a Biden? Was the people below him? Was it just didn't plan? And the way they were just talking about there were you plan and plan and plan and plan or Yeah.
Speaker 3: One of the things I learned later in life that has to be taught to non military people. Is that one of the most difficult things the military ever does is withdraw or retreat.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm sure. I'm sure that's very, very hard. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And Joe Biden was a horrible president on virtual every level. So we heard General Cain there, Dan Raisin Caine. It's such a good nickname. I hesitate to use it because everybody uses it all the time, including our commander in chief. But his descriptions during the news conference of how the raid unfolded to me were just riveting.
Speaker 1: Jackie. Mind if we jump into that now, let's start with fifty two Michael.
Speaker 2: This was an audacious operation that only the United States could do. It required the utmost of precision and integration within our joint force, and the word integration does not explain the sheer complexity of such a mission, an extraction so precise. It involved more than one hundred and fifty aircraft launching across the Western hemisphere in close coordination, all coming together in time and place to layer effects for a single purpose to get an interdiction force into downtown Caracas while maintaining the element of tactical surprise.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's I had no guess if you'd ask me to guess how many planes or aircraft were involved. I'd ha said, I don't know eight, Or if you're trying to be extravagant, you might have said thirty, but I wouldn't have been able to come up with why you need thirty one hundred and fifty. Yeah. Yeah. He goes on describing how it unfolded as.
Speaker 2: A helicopter force ingress towards the objective at low level. We arrived at Maduro's compound at one one am Eastern Standard time or two to one am Caraccas local time, and the apprehension force descended into Maduro's compound and moved with speed, precision, and discipline towards their objective and isolated the area to ensure the safety and security of the ground force while apprehending the indicted persons.
Speaker 3: As Mike Lyons describes so beautifully, the wave of aircrafted whoops, there goes your defenses. Yeah, and now your power's out. Oh there's your cordon of security.
Speaker 1: Goodbye, fellas.
Speaker 3: And just coordinating then with the special forces both Army and Navy, and just a crazy level of coordinated forces that I guess we're the best in the world at thank God.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So Mike Lions did say, and you should listen to that segment if you have any interest in this sort of thing. But he said the same thing that that guy with the cool nickname just said. Our ability to coordinate our various branches is what separates us from the rest of the world, and that I don't know anything about, but I'll take their word for it. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, The more I hear about that, the more I understand how incredibly important that isn't how impressive we are at it.
Speaker 1: Hey, Michael, I need your vote on this. Dan. Mike needs a great nickname too, Mike Roaring Lions. Oh wow, that's too much.
Speaker 3: Mike's great, Mike the Mighty Lions, Mike a pride of No, that's just obscure and showing off my knowledge of groups of animals.
Speaker 1: Working on it. I mean, the guy's name is Lions. That's true.
Speaker 3: Goodness sakes, we got to be able to come up with, you know, a good one.
Speaker 1: So Maduro is going to appear in court. He gave the thumbs up. I think he just did or he did whatever. Today. He's in court today past tense or or or present or freature. He will be in court today. But the other day when he got arrested in there, purple walking and everything like, he gave the two thumbs up to the camera. Well what is that all about? What are you give a thumbs up for? Dude? I mean, he's key, he's an optimist. I'd say, you're cool. I get to do whatever I want all the time. Life has just gone one hundred and eighty degrees the other direction. Yeah, you're not executed, which he may be. He may get the death penalty. I was surprised to see you.
Speaker 3: Flew first class, at least that's what I'm guessing, because that picture that the administration put out he had eye shades, which I assume were complimentary, and and the good headphones, not like dopey little earplugs, but like the good headphones they had him in.
Speaker 1: So that must have been a comfortable flight for him. And we don't usually grab the wife, but we grabbed the wife in this case too, because she is a full on.
Speaker 3: Accomplice co conspirator. Yeah, and there she was, why not snatch her up?
Speaker 1: But well, you wouldn't normally write you go and you get somebody, I mean, shoot bin Laden's old lady on person on purpose.
Speaker 3: No, not unless she reached for a weapon, which I think she did, or used her as a human shield or something. Anyway, she'll be missed. Uh So the question though, is what the hell now? Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and Trump saying we run Venezuela. I mean he said that like an hour later or something like that. We now we're going to run the country until there's a judicious transition. Yeah, we're in charge of Venezuela. And everybody in the world, I think, said, what what does that mean? Yeah, how's that going to work? Exactly?
Speaker 3: It was perhaps the greatest end We're gonna take control, YadA YadA, YadA, the greatest YadA YadA anna in the history of geopolitics. Now it's become more clear and we could probably play some of Marco Rubio on the various touchdowns.
Speaker 1: He also said over the weekend that because we have simultaneously happening, an even bigger event going on in Iran, because they've got protests all across the country and people are tearing down posters of the Iyahtola and defacing government buildings in a way that they've never been able to get away with it. I mean, it's really got that Okay, this is different. Wall coming down in Germany or Soviet Union look to him, Arab Spring looked to it. I mean, people are getting away with stuff they've never gotten away with before and got you almost have to assume that the security forces have decided not to shoot him down or what. And then there's New York Times saying the Ayahtola and h the closest people to him, have plans to get out of the country if they need to in the next couple of days. But I had a point that the reason I brought up in Iran. Whatever oh Trump said over the weekend about Iran, he said, if they start killing protesters, We're we're going to protect them, And I thought, Okay, how are we going to do that? Yeah, what does that mean?
Speaker 3: I've got to admit I haven't been paying enough attention to the Iran situation just because I've been so I've long been a hardcore we need to be more activist inan our hemisphere guy, and so I'm really interested in the Venezuela thing and where I might go. But you're right, that's a huge story. There are two choices. Either there is going to be a terrible terrible blood bath at the hands of the security, for which Trump is vowed We're not gonna let happen, or this is the beginning of the end of the regime. Those are really the only two choices. Oh yeah, I can't think of some others, but those are the two main choices.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which would be huge.
Speaker 3: One final thought for now on the Venezuela deal, because oh the president, let's go ahead, Michael play I just was looking at it a second ago that there is a sixty sixty place.
Speaker 1: The next question is who's in charge of Venezuela right now?
Speaker 2: Have you spoken to the newly swarned president there, Rob Riguz, and what are your thoughts on the entire situation.
Speaker 1: We're dealing with the people.
Speaker 2: We're dealing with the people they just got sworn in, And don't ask me what's in charge, because.
Speaker 1: I'll give you an answer and it'll be very contulation.
Speaker 4: Does that mean it's.
Speaker 1: We're in charge? So we're in charge?
Speaker 3: And it became more and more clear as Marco Rubio made the rounds on the Sunday shows, and maybe we can sprinkle some of that in the rest of the hour, but it became clear that the plan is, Look, we are going to tell them what we need them to do, and if they resist or defy us, We're going to put a terrible, terrible hurting on them. It's not regime change, it's not democracy. It's not Ms Machado, the Nobel Prize, Peace Prize winner, nor her appointed successor when she got banned from the ballots who won the election, by the way, So there are a whole lot of big, giant question marks. But I had this thought, and I want to squeeze it in because I keep forgetting to one thing that was completely lost, especially during the Biden years. And Obama was like this too to some extent. And this is true in life as well as foreign policy. Sometimes the most insane gamble you can make, the most wild, out there, ill advised plan you can follow, is to do nothing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, and that Barack Obama definitely didn't understand that. The whole don't do stupides. Doing nothing sometimes is the stupidest freaking thing you could do.
Speaker 3: Right, It's the wild gamble, but in action looks like not a wild gamble, So people don't understand that. But letting, for instance, China especially, and Iran and Russia have a beachhead right across the newly renamed Gulf of America from US in Venezuela. That would have been the wildly stupid doing nothing strategy. And I'm glad it's over. Where it goes, nobody knows, but I'm glad it's over.
Speaker 1: I found the tweet from Trump about Iran. We'll get to that later because that's a heck of a thing if he's plans to back it up. Anyway, we got lots of other stuff to talk about Tuesday here, So I Jack did a lot of traveling over the two weeks we are off with my kids. We did two nights in San Francisco, three nights in New Orleans, and three nights in Wichita, Kansas for a family get together. Lots of hotel rooms, lots of flights, a million restaurant meals, and eight thousand Uber rides. Oh wow, by the way, everybody kept out. And I was telling people I was going to New Orleans. They said, Oh, You're gonna love the food there, and I'm not a foodie. I don't care that much about food. Holy crap, was the food good there? First trust we went to I got the sampler platter and their jumble line, had their gumbo, had their crawfits somethwhere other and had their red beans and rice. That was the best plate of food I've ever had in my life. In my life. Oh my god, that was good. Holy yeah, yeah, I love that style. Oh I could eat that every single day. But here's a story that disappeared from veg. You gotta move down there, and move down there and get bigger, a fat and wear a white suit and sweat a lot. Oh that sounds great. You know, I had no idea gets cold in New Orleans. It just, you know, I just didn't know that if, like, if we had gotten hired in New Orleans, I thought, oh wow, cool, I guess I get rid of all my coats. I didn't know it got cold there. It was twenty five degrees with a wind chill while we were there walking around the first day twenty five, the high was like thirty eight. I didn't know got that cold. Anyway, there's news to you if you ever go take a winter coat on the They're having the Sugar Bowl there at the super Dome, so everybody in town was there for the college football game, and it was very festive you add that to New Year's even I guess New Orleans is always FESTI probably. But here's a story that got obliterated by the news were broadcast were on in San Francisco. When we broadcast sixty miles from San Francisco. I went to San Francisco. Uh, when was it? Right after Christmas? Right before Christmas? And I hadn't even heard this story because I kind of was on a news blackout. The electricity went off in San Francisco for the entire day, the Saturday before Christmas. That's crazy, the busiest shopping day they have in one of the most Christmasy cities in America, and it is very Christmas is very, very cool. The electricity went off over the whole city, and I thought, one, how did this not make the news? And two my first thought all these of this stuff was was this the Chinese trying to see if they could work? And by the way, the official story was there was a fire at one of the power stations from PG and E. Nobody I talked to believe that. Nobody, not one person even kind I've took that as an explanation for while all the electricity went down in the whole city for an entire day and for parts of the city for multiple days. But they're just trying to limit the panic all bit. Yeah, but uh, this is what it's like if this the electricity goes off in a big city, and I hope we don't ever find out because the Chinese get involved in it. First of all, everybody sat around in the restaurants and bars and the shopping ball saying, well, we'll come back on, and then you ate a little longer, Then you ate a little longer, doesn't come back on. Then you realize you can't get your car out of the parking garage because the things don't go up or down. Then you realize that the way Mos all are confused because there are no traffic lights and are sitting at every street, blocking off every street in the entire city. Nobody could go anywhere the entire day. People just walked out of restaurants without paying because there was no way to pay. Cell phone towers are outs, nobody could communicate with anybody. With the Waymos down, you could everybody was just walking around wondering what we're supposed to do for the whole day. That's right.
Speaker 3: That is a weapon that could be wielded the ability to bring a major city to paralysis like that.
Speaker 1: That's a little scary. God, I would say, so you can buy Nowli so dependent on our technology, we really really are. Okay, a lot more on the way, stay here, Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 5: An emotional tribute in Switzerland where hundreds of people held a silent memorial march to honor at least forty people killed at a barfire on New Year's Eve. It happened at a Swiss ski resort in the Alps. More than one hundred people were injured. Authority say that the victims were as young as fourteen years old.
Speaker 1: Forty people died at a ski lodge, Swiss ski lodge. You don't expect that at a fancy place they had. Somebody came up with this stupid idea to put flaming sparklers on the champagne bottles, and everybody thought that was cool, and it caught the place on fire and killed four people.
Speaker 3: I'm reminded of that horrific fire where it was that the band Great White was playing a number of years ago. Yeah, and all those people died because the pyrotechnics in the show. Look if next time somebody proposes, Hey, you know what we ought to do indoors is have some fireworks. You know, just ought to be rejected out of hand.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Another interesting aspect on it, and a lot of people picked up on, were all the videos that ended up coming out place catches on fire and everybody gets their phone out. Instead of immediately running for the door, they get their phone out to try to capture the moment because we all think we need to do that no matter what's going I think, and we'll get a bunch of clicks. Make your number one priority getting the hell out of a burning building. Yeah, wow, that is It's funny.
Speaker 3: It's I read a piece that made a big impression on me that was talking about people are turning their lives into Internet slop slop being the sort of content and you just scroll right through because I mean, it's it's fine, but it's not of any significance. And that's like an extreme example of, oh, something happening in my life. My first thought is I will post this for clicks et cetera, or likes or what have you, even to the point of ignoring that you're in mortal danger.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now wild Yeah, different topic a couple of sports notes for you. In the NFL, if you're an NFL fan, your number one Seeds Seahawks in the NFC, Broncos in THEFC. Those are the two teams that get home field all the way through and there you go. Playoffs start this weekend. It'll be fun. In college girls basketball, first seven foot or ever? Wow? Texas Tech signed a seven to one woman all drink of water. Yeah. Stephanie aka Chukwu. Wow, she's got legs just like I like him up to my chin? Is she Chinese? I don't know that'd be interesting since yuh, your expert pronunciation of her last name left me wondering this. She perhaps African, but the tallest guy in the NBA before Wenby came along was from China also, So I just I get so many tall people are what's going on? Somebody look into that?
Speaker 3: Well, there's like a billion and a half people and cruel experiments on military human farms.
Speaker 1: Did you follow this story? Mom? Donnie's Hitler salute, which didn't get covered at all? Right, and they I only bring this up because it's really everything you need to know about taking in the news. So he gives his speech the other night where he talks about communism and collectivism and everything like that, and then he does more of a Hitler salute. It wasn't a Hitler salute. He's just waving to the crowd or putting his arm in the air. But it was closer to a Hitler salute than like any I've ever seen, right, including Elon Musk's non Hitler salute. Hitler salon. That's the point. So, I like, whoever post this. Here are the news networks who have not covered Zoran Mundani's salute. New York Times, CNN, Washington Post, MSNBC, NBR, USA Today, Reuters, Axios, and ABC News. Every single one of them had multiple stories about Elon Musk's salute, multiple stories about Elon Musk when he put his hand in the air at the So, I mean, that's all you need to know, isn't it. That's also question the power.
Speaker 3: Yep, it's so annoying truth telling business at all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for something that actually does matter. I was up what night was it is? Two days ago? Three days ago now, So it's like Saturday night when the Venezuela thing had happened and the Iran thing was happening at the same time, and it looked like, uh, the revolution in Iran might do its thing this. At the same time, I was following both stories going back and forth on what's that Twitter feed that's so good open source intelligence? I had stuff since they had stuff going from Tehran and Venezuela at the same time, and it was really interesting. I tweeted out, this could be quite the historic night. Based on the breaking news, hundreds of thousands of people flooded the streets of Tehran in Iran trying to topple Kamane's Islamist regime and tearing down posters and defacing buildings and all this different sort of stuff, the sort of thing that you don't usually see in Iran, or at least it don't last very long. Couple interesting things on that topic as it is still going on. Jeb Bush, if you remember him, tweeted out, the Islamic Republican does not represent the greater Iranian people. President Trump continues to demonstrate historic leadership on Iran. From Jeb Bush, Wow, got it like that? And then leak Donald Trump tweeted out, and this is what got my attention. If Iran shoots and violently kills peaceful protesters, which is their custom. The United States of America will come to the rescue. We are locked and loaded and ready to go. Thank you for your attention to this matter. I thought, what does that mean, because it's almost certainly either either the IOLA is leaving on a plane, which the New York Times says he is ready to do, which would be huge international news if you don't follow this sort of stuff. Iran is well one the number one state sponsor of terror in the world and a sworn enemy of the United States for many, many, many decades, now half a century, and it would have killed many many US soldiers and servicemen in Americans around the world. Be a huge deal if the IATOLA fled. But usually they have these uprisings a little bit protests, and they may slaughter people in the streets until it ends. Trump has vowed we are locked and loaded and will come to their rescue. What does that mean?
Speaker 3: And usually it's in the big cities, maybe the college campuses that you have some of these demonstrations, but it's filtered out into the hinterlands.
Speaker 1: Of towns across the morn. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, among their many gripes is not only the oppression but the fact that the annual inflation rate climbed to forty two point two percent last month, forty two percent devaluation of your pay in your savings year after year, and the food inflation is even bigger, actually the price of food.
Speaker 1: So that is definitely one to keep your eye on for obvious reasons. Like I said, it'd be a big deal if they Iotola fell and it you know, got into that. Yeah, what do he thinks? Most likely though, some sort of military dictatorship run by the Revolutionary Guard?
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, just I mean that's certainly I would hope and pray for something different, but.
Speaker 1: Still could be less less of an enemy to the United States than I totala though.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and once you let the genie of liberalization out of the bottle, it's very very hard to get back in. So if the Revolutionary Guard were to say, look, we're in charge now, it's not the Iyatola, and we realize you're pissed off about this and that, and so we're gonna we're gonna work with you on that. We're gonna liberalize a little bit here, We're gonna make sure that you know, whatever, this economic policy is a little more enlightened If they fail on that, then they're back to bloody crackdown on an emboldened population, or they get swept away.
Speaker 1: Well, but then, what do you think about Trump saying we ain't gonna stand for you shooting protesters in the street.
Speaker 3: I think, wow, wow, that that requires a bit of a Do we have a second? Yeah, we have a second for an answer, a couple of things. Number One, that gives the Iyatolas and the Revolutionary Guard the ability to say, look, this is an outside attack or being attacked by the evil West and by the infidels, and they will appeal to everybody's Muslimism, but it might not be enough because the regime is so hated enough. Iranians would be like, look, I don't want to be occupied by the US. But if they're going to punch the iatola in the I R C U right and the beard, well, then good good on him and we'll do the rest of the overthrowing.
Speaker 1: Thanks for the help. I think we get a couple of patchy helicopters in there, throw a lasso around that beard, yank him up, him up about the beard? Okay, less serious, fair. I cannot not watch Dick Clark's Rock in New Year's Eve. I've watched it every year since I was like eight years old. I can't not watch it. And my kids enjoy it. Hey, we enjoy hating on it. We enjoy mocking all so much. It's a show. It's just it's so much fun to hate. First of all, who the hell is watching that show? Who knows who Dick Clark is? Old people go to bed. They don't stay up till midnight, at least to all the ones. I can't be tractual. I can't even imagine what's going on. But I got a text from somebody and they said, ooh, they keep teasing Diana Ross. I got to stay up for this. They're big teas. So Ryan, Dick Clark died a long, long time ago. If you don't know this, he was a big deal when rock and roll started in the fifties, Dick Clark, and then he had this New Year's Eve celebration. He died a long time ago. Ryan Seacrest runs it now. Ryan has had too much work. He has now crossed over into Little Dolly Parton, got a little Kenny Rodgers thing going there. Little too much. So just a tip to Ryan Seacrest you've gone too far full Mani Low. Yes, yes, that's what he looks like, Barry man Low. And he's not that old. Can I somebody get me an age on Ryan Seacrest? But he's already had too much surgery anyway. FT four sounds about right, It's a guess sounds about right. Yeah, what do you got daty? Katie? One fifty one? He just turned fifty one.
Speaker 3: Cool, it's way too old to be getting the man Low too young? I'm sure it's way too young. You have had so many surgeries that it's noticeable. That's ridiculous.
Speaker 1: But anyway, how could you possibly be teasing your big teas for the evening? So the show is always people well past their prime, and then people that are so new you've never heard of them, and so it satisfies nobody. Nobody wants to see any of these people. And their big tease was the Queen of Motown, Diana Ross, only one hour away, like, who in the hell is this four? And the crowd is all teenagers in early twenty somethings. Who Diana Ross? I looked? I told my kids, I said, I think she was a hit before I was born. And Joe and I are old. Her first hit was Before we were born, nineteen sixty four, and you're teasing that as your big git for New Year's Eve. Just hilarious. She came out there. She's almost she's a one year younger than my mom. She's eighty one years old. Oh bo, she was old when I was a kid. She's dressed just like she always did, in a super tight long dress and a bowl around her neck, and her big giant hair and so much makeup you can't even tell what she is. And she came out there and she sang her song. So was it lip SYNCD? She actually sang them you could tell because she got so winded. She was breathed.
Speaker 5: Up side upside down.
Speaker 1: She was so winded from walking around the stage and twirling around at her age, she almost ended up upside down. Got on, Michael, that's the first staff joke of the ear. They get nothing, friend. Wow, it's funny.
Speaker 3: If you'd asked me to come up with a funny punchline, I'm not sure I could have done that.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 3: Stay tuned, everybody, because we've got a special treat for you.
Speaker 1: Was Gary Puckett Jaffa God silly? I mean it's wonderful, wonderful s yes, half a century stress right, yes, Michael. You remember how long they kept at Clark on the air. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, well well well passed his ability to after a stroke or anything like that. But I'm just amazed by it. And so the way these networks, because I mentioned this earlier, the final year end network ratings came out and NBC ended up being number one, but just by a sliver. Their average in primetime is four million people. I'll about the average in primetime when we were kids, with something like forty five million people, forty million hit shows. Yeah yeah, well I averaged out of course, yeah yeah. And now it's four million for the number one network you get down to whichever finished last. I think ABC was like three and a half million. And so why they continue to hang on to the old model until it's completely dead as opposed to try to come up with something new and resonate with the new generation. It's bonkers to me. Yeah, oh breaking Maduro news.
Speaker 3: He went before the judge and told the judge he rejects the charges because he was kidnapped. No, the English word is apprehended there, Nikki, So shut up. And get back to yourself.
Speaker 1: He says he is not guilty. He pleaded not guilty there in court. I'm contrare, says the prosecutor. Did some talk of the death penalty. Any chance of that us executing Maduro on us soil? Probably doubt it. I doubt it. There's a lot of it's a lot of headache to go to. We got cages. Put him in a cage, put him in a day in cage. We will finish strong. Next the Tao has cracked forty nine thousand for the first time ever because of Maduro. More on that tomorrow, my.
Speaker 3: I drilling into him or selling him or what so I'll give you a very short version of this and maybe pay it off tomorrow. I had long been skeptical of the cliche that people, kids, especially who are bookworms, wore glasses more or that you know, intellectuals wear glasses, Chairman mount famously.
Speaker 1: But I was wrong.
Speaker 3: It's absolutely true, and ophthalmologists are raising alarms about an epic an epidemic rather of childhood myopia, which is shortsightedness. And we'd all known that social media and smartphones is good for kids, mental health and hearts.
Speaker 1: But reading.
Speaker 3: Staring at a screen looking at something close to you for a prolonged time causes the eyeball to grow longer from front to back, making it harder to focus farther away.
Speaker 1: No one wants a long eyeball.
Speaker 3: Well you got a long eyeball, Son, And that's why kids who are bookworms need glasses more interesting. In fact, it's been declared a national emergency in China.
Speaker 4: More reading glasses, strong, strong, Ready.
Speaker 1: Here's yours for final thoughts, Joe Getty, let's get.
Speaker 3: A final thought from everybody on the crew to wrap up the first show of the year. Katie Green or esteem and use woman? Yeah, why don't you lead us off? Katie will shake it up?
Speaker 1: Go ahead? What's your final thought? I have to go through my pantry and get rid of all of the chocolate that I was given of Christmas.
Speaker 3: Oh oh boy, good lord, so much chocolate. Michael Aangelow are technical director. As a final thought for US, Michael, Yeah, maybe I'm just being power hungry, but what if the US takes over Chili.
Speaker 1: I like the off season fruit and I like to have full access to it.
Speaker 3: You know, it's an issue, certainly, fruit Jack a final thought for us.
Speaker 1: I'll be tuning in the CBS Evening News tonight, as they have vowed on too many stories, the press missed the story because we've taken into account the perspective of advocates and not the average American. We put too much weight on the analysis of academics and elites and not enough on you. That changes. Now that's the new Berry Weiss Evening News starting tonight. I love that so much I can't even tell you. I know.
Speaker 3: My final thought is I was really enjoying vacation and looked at returning to work. Is a lot of people return to work even though we have a great job.
Speaker 1: And you know what I did.
Speaker 3: I sat down and read a bunch of emails that we got on the last show of the year last year, a lot of you saying absolutely lovely things about how much you enjoy the show. And I thought, it's not about you, dumb, dumb, It's about the good people.
Speaker 1: Right. So you're their dancing monkey. Here, we are dancing like the little monkeys.
Speaker 3: We are put a fun head on us and watch us go yay I'm kidding, Oh boy, Armstrong, you getdy.
Speaker 1: Wrapping up another grueling four hour workday, so many people.
Speaker 3: Thanks so a little time. Go to Armstrong Egeddy dot com. Here's the deal. You need to follow us or subscribe to the Armstrong Getdy on demand podcast. They that way, it downloads automatically for you, and if you get a chance, give us a glowing five star review. Wherever you get podcasts helps with the alg orhythms.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree, Katie, no more at and one of those kind of things. Just gotta gotta get him out of here. We'll see tomorrow. God bless America. I'm strong in Getty.
Speaker 2: The United States Armed Forces conducted an extraordinary military operation. This was an audacious operation that only the United States could do.
Speaker 1: If you would have seen what I saw last night, you would have been very impressed.
Speaker 2: We train, we rehearse, not to get it right, but to ensure that we cannot get it wrong.
Speaker 1: Nicholas Maduro had his chance. He left around and he found out Armstrong and Getty