Speaker 1: You're listening to the Buck Sexton Show podcast, make sure you subscribe to the podcast on the iHeartRadio app or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: Is Jasmine Crockett about to have her candidacy take off like a rocket? We are going to ask our friend Shermichael Signalton about that and much more. Wethfree dot Com is his network. His site very involved in the two A second Amendment community, guns all that good stuff. It's also a CNN commentator, mister Shermichael. Pleasure to have you back, sir.
Speaker 3: What's up man? Good to see you, brother, Thanks for having me.
Speaker 2: So tell me this if you would. What do you think about this?
Speaker 3: For?
Speaker 2: First of all, is Jasmine Crockett? You talked about this on CNN right on that on the Abby Phillips Show, where you, unlike some of my other friends, have not yet been banned. So congratulations on that. Uh, how do you how do you see this? Is she? Is she just building her own brand? Could she actually pull off a win here? What are you thing? So?
Speaker 1: I think her argument for the race is predicated upon the fact that she probably believes that Kim Paxson's going to become the nominee and right now, that's very possible. I mean John corn is behind Ken Paxon, who's leading the pack on our side, followed by Wesley Hunt. That's the congressman I'm sure your audience is familiar with. And then it's John Cornyn, who, to a surprise, is struggling to catch up. Now I will say he has decreased Paxton's lead. After Paxson's wife came out about the divorce. A Corner and Pack supporting corner have been running a lot of aggressive ads going after Packston. So you've seen Paxson's numbers come down, but Cornyn is still behind. So I'm willing to bet that Jasmine Crockett, her team, maybe with some Democrats in Texas and nationally, are looking at the fact that they're hoping Paxston wins because he's a very controversial figure, and they're probably betting if it is Packson, she might have a realistic chance of winning. And I gotta be honest with you, buy I'm not necessarily against that line of argument.
Speaker 2: How do you think she plays in Texas? Like, what are the strengths that she has? Obviously she's very good at getting it here. We are talking about her right, very good at getting media attention, says some pretty Uh. I don't know if we could even say inflammatory in the current era we're in people, But like, I mean, Trump says everything's Trump says wild stuff. You could say it's a flammatory I love it personally. You know, he shouted shut up piggy or whatever to a quiet piggy to a journalist like a week ago, like a week ago. So like, I can't pretend like Trump is not doing this stuff right, But uh, you know, she gets she she gets attention for herself, and I think she has a constituency. I think the Democrat left embraces her.
Speaker 3: No, I think so. So people don't realize this.
Speaker 1: Texas has the largest number of disengaged black voters of any state in the country. So I'm not talking about black voters who are probably going to vote for her in general. I'm talking about black voters who don't typically vote, or low propensity black voters. I'm willing to bet as a strategist, if I were advising.
Speaker 3: Her, I'm going to look at all the major precints.
Speaker 1: Number one, I'm going to look at all the sort of middle sized precincts and all the smaller preseats, And I'm going to try to go in and figure out who those low perpensily and disengage black voters are. You're going to target them, like hell. Then you got to look at Hispanic voters. Now, President Trump got about forty six percent of those in November. When you look at national polling, the data suggests that we as a party have lost that support by some pretty significant margins.
Speaker 3: So she's probably going to focus on those voters.
Speaker 1: Then you get your Democratic white voters, you're sort of Democratic leaning white voters, and then you sort of build a pretty compelling mathematical path to her being a competitive candidate against Paxon. And then on the negative side, you're probably going to run a bunch of ads of his wife coming out. You're going to probably run a bunch of ads of some of the stuff that she was saying about Packson cheating on her, breaking up the family, and if you're Republicans. But I'm hoping like hell that Ken Paxson's wife doesn't decide to come out in the middle of the race to say he is not an evangelical, he's not a Christian, he's not the right person to lead Texas. That would be a nuclear bond that we just cannot afford at all if he does become the nominee, which is why a lot of people are kind of nervous about where this race might go.
Speaker 2: How do you think we're looking for the midterms?
Speaker 1: Hell man, Look, I was nervous about the Texas thing when the federal judge, the Trump appointed a federal judge, said, look, you can't draw these lines before midterm. Obviously the Supreme Court came and said, no, yes you can. That's going to help us a little bit. Obviously, California levels that out. You got North Carolina that just recently did some stuff about two or three months ago.
Speaker 3: So it's going to be very very close.
Speaker 1: If we lose midterms, it will be because of one reason, and one reason only.
Speaker 3: Affordability and cost of living. Man. We have got to address this as a party.
Speaker 1: The American people handed the keys to President Trump on our side because they we're pissed off about what they saw four years from Biden and Kamala Harris. They saw an economy that just was not working for them. They saw a border that was uncontrolled. We've handled the border. That's one side of it.
Speaker 3: Though.
Speaker 1: We got to fix the economy. We got to figure out a way to bring down housing costs, and I got some interesting ways I think Republicans could do that that would really put us at an advantageous part of our place.
Speaker 2: Come November, let's get into that next actually to talk to me about solutions in a second year. But first, our sponsor's Paradigm Press. You all know that I like to do a lot of things, not just politics, but also follow the markets, and that's why I launched Money in Power. It's my own independent venture takes everything I know about Washington, DC and politics and combines it with a team of fantastic stock researchers and market analysts. And my team of analysts break down with me each week what I'm learning from the political side, what they're seeing on the financial side, to deliver you real opportunities. So you've trusted me for years to tell you the truth. Now I want you to stay in formed, prepared, and stay ahead by joining Money and Power. That's the name of this weekly newsletter, Money and Power. Get eighty two percent off the regular price. Go online to join buck dot com. That's join Buck dot Com paid for by Paradigm Press. All right, ture, Michael, how do we fix affordability? No big deal, right, no big boo?
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, no big deal right? No.
Speaker 1: I think in Q one of twenty six, the House, led by Speaker Mike Johnson, needs to prioritize two major economic pieces of legislation, the first one being the housing costs. You can't address affordability without tackling housing. Now, removing some immigrants, that's going to levy up some of the available homes. Right, You got to figure out a way to address this issue. With companies like Blackrock and big banks and financial institutions buying up all the darn houses across the country.
Speaker 3: That's gonna help. But the biggest.
Speaker 1: Problem also, we have a supply issue, and so I think you got to build more houses. President Trump could say, look, we're going to mandate a national housing shortage as an emergency. We're gonna redirect some funds and focus on their public private sector coming together to build these houses.
Speaker 3: And you know who should build them, Our young.
Speaker 1: Men, buck who are yearning for recognition, yearning for a sense of purpose and direction. You're gonna pay them good money. They're gonna earn skills that are going to keep them employed. No matter what happens with AI, They'll still be able to fix those houses.
Speaker 3: They'll be able to plump plumbing, electricity, etc.
Speaker 1: So I think you address housing, you also put young men back to work, which, by the way, our young men have a relatively high unemployment rate, higher than the national average.
Speaker 3: Right now, that's the first thing we could do.
Speaker 1: The second thing, man, we've got to figure out a way to employ more people h one b Visas. I'm completely against that. This notion coming from Silicon Valley that we don't have enough quote unquote smart Americans to do these technical jobs is a farce. We have to start prioritizing training our own people for the next evolution of American superiority, that being technology. You need two pieces of legislation to do that. That'll get people back to work. Over the next three years, America will boom, The American people.
Speaker 3: Will be happy.
Speaker 1: And guess what that positions us in a position of strength going into twenty twenty eight, where I would like for us to retain the White House, to senate and obvious leave the House.
Speaker 2: How are we doing? I know you're very involved you like guns and shooting as do I. We might even go shooting together soon.
Speaker 3: I got some behind me, that's right?
Speaker 2: Is that? Is that a staccato behind you? What do we have?
Speaker 1: It's two staccados, man, I got the staccato excel and the staccato P limited with the Dawson Precision twisted on comp.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's very nice. I have a stacado C two in this room with me here somewhere, but I don't have it in the shot. That's that's a much cooler way to do it. How are we doing? I feel like there were times when because the Democrats, especial, especially when they're in charge, there are a bunch of gun grabbers, they try to abrogate or try to just nullify the Second Amendment. How's the administration doing with guns?
Speaker 1: I'm not happy about how the administration is doing with the Second Amendment.
Speaker 3: I'm going to be very honest with you.
Speaker 1: Pam BONDI, with all due respect to the President's appointment of her, and I respect the President's decision, she has done a horrible job. And you will find a lot of activists, a lot of groups from Gun Owners of America, Second Amendment Foundation Firearms Policy Institute National Rifle Association that have been very very critical of some of the positions at the administration Visa VI. The DOJ have taken on a plethora of judicial cases that have surprised a lot of us. We thought the administration was going to be very very pro Second Amendment, trying to roll back as much stuff as possible, not being on the side of the NFA, the National Firearms Act that that registry them essentially saying like, hey, we actually kind of need this.
Speaker 3: We thought they would say, no, this should go away. It is a violation of the Second Amendment. They haven't taken any of those positions.
Speaker 1: Now, granted you have had a heart Meat Dillon came out recently that they're going to have a second Amendment of civil Rights Office. A lot of us in the two A space are very skeptical about that. It's promising, but we'll see. But this is a big missed opportunity because a lot of gun owners turned out to vote for President Trump last November, and it was hard to do so, man, because remember you had the bumpstock band came out of the Trump administration the first time that pissed off a lot of gun people. It took groups like Gunns of America a lot of work and a lot of darn money to convince those people to turn out and vote for President Trump. And now here we are, almost a year into the first term, people saying, wait a minute here, this is not what you promised, Joe, this is not what you promised. Sure, Michael Singleton when you were advocating on CNN for gun folks to go out and vote for Republicans from the top of the ticket down. Now we're seeing that our rights are not being put a front and center like you all promised that they would. And so it's going to be very challenging for us buck to try to convince those folks to turn out next November if the problems has made are not kept. And so far has been a very very mixed and dicey bag. So I'm not very happy about that.
Speaker 2: Sponsor here is Preborn. Preborn Is saved over three hundred and fifty thousand babies in the decades that they have been helping pregnant moms bring their babies into this world. Preborn clinics across America provide unconditional love and support to pregnant moms who don't know what to do. They weren't planning to get pregnant, and now they're at a decision point. Well, Preborn says, hold on a second, Let's introduce you to that baby with an ultrasound. That ultrasound costs just twenty eight dollars and is saving lives each time it happens because the mom is so connected to the baby. After that ultrasound process and all the rest of the decisions made become so much easier. Your tax deductible donation to preborn can be the difference between life and death. I've made donations to preborn. I hope you'll do the same twenty eight dollars a month. Just twenty eight dollars a month could mean that you're helping to save the life of a tiny baby and change that mother to Bee's life. Every month to donate to a pound two five zero, say the keyword baby. That's pound two five zero, say baby, or go to preborn dot com, slash buck preborn dot com slash b u c K sponsored by Preboard. Mister Shermichael, thanks for hanging out, man, good to see you.
Speaker 3: Thank you Buck. I'll see you soon. Brother,