Speaker 1: Alson media.
Speaker 2: Welcome zacodapp gear podcast where the future president wants us to die and current president doesn't give a shit. I'm your host, Nah Wong with me as Garrison.
Speaker 1: Hi.
Speaker 2: Okay, so we're covering another aspect of Trump's agenda forty seven. All right, we're looking at President Trump's plan to protect children from left wing gender insanity. Now, despite that title, this is the least trumpy of all of these. He is just phoning this one the fucking It's the most hymn reading off a teleprompter I have ever seen in any speech he's ever given, because.
Speaker 3: Historically he's never cared about this kind of stuff. He's just having to do it now to appease the people he needs to get votes from. But like, if you look at Trump's stances on transgender people historically, however, not good. They're not like a genda CIDL. And you can really tell his hard, isn't it It's.
Speaker 2: He I mean, legitimately, he sounds like so someone doing an ad read for a rage shadow legend sponsorship, Like it's it's he's so bored. There's like one. It's funny because you can tell this just something I started happening in the middle of the administration was you could tell when his speech writers were just writing in a Trump word for him to say so it would look less like he was. And they're doing it in this one. There's only like one genuinely trumpy thing in this Unfortunately, it all fucking sucks. Ass, it's quite bleak. So let's let's get into what exactly is in this. I would love to hear Trump's plan for the transgenders. Yeah, so first he wants to end Biden's executive order on gender affirming care. Now you might be asking, wait, Mia, what the fuck?
Speaker 4: Wait what executive what executive order? I looked this up too, because I was like, wait, what is he talking about? So apparently, back in twenty twenty two, Biden issued a series of executive orders that were supposed to protect the rights of trans kids to get gender affirming care.
Speaker 2: So that didn't happen. No, no, no, now these weren't. Yeah, these were mostly stunningly ineffective. Well, I'm going to quote from I finally found the actual executive which is disturbingly hard to find the actual text of because everyone just wanted you to read the press release, because what's actually in it is okay. The Secretary of Health and Human Services shall, as appropriate and consistent with applicable law, use the Department of Health and Human Services authority to project LGBTQI plus individuals access to medically necessary care from harmful state and local laws and practices, and shall promote the adoption of promising policies and practices to support health equity, including in the area of mental health for LGBTQI youth and adults. Within two hundred days of this order, the Secretary of HHS sell develop and release sample policies for states to safeguard and expand access to health care for LGBTQI individuals and their families, including mental health care services. Now let's pull out for one second to try to figure out what does that actually do. So what is being done there. The thing that is being commanded is that the Department of Health and Human Services make sample guidelines for state. And then there's another part where they were talking about how they were going to form a committee to study trans mental health care. Uh huh, so none of this did shit, right, But this is the first thing that Trump's like, We're going to overturn this. I guess the actual substantive shift here is and we'll get to this in a bit. This didn't do anything. This was just a pr op he does. And this is funny because he does a series of these things every single trans day of visibility, and then nothing ever happens because as a joke, we've had like.
Speaker 3: So many states since twenty twenty two completely restrict healthcare for trans people under the age of eighteen, and I've not heard of a single instance where the federal government has intervened to to help to help a kid get puberty blockers in the in a state like where they passed these sorts of bills.
Speaker 2: I will say this, The Justice Department has done lawsuits, sure, sure, and I think they won like one of them. So that's not literally nothing, it's just mostly nothing like and then this is the thing. It's coming through the judiciary, not through the federal bureaucracy. And that's a point of contrast that I want to get to because Trump, you know, and this is something that's that's always been true about sort of the use of executive power by democratic versus Republican presidents. Right, sure, you know, there are there like the Democrats sometimes do use like massive executive power overreach, things like, for example, Obama's claimed to have the legal authority to kill any man, woman, or child moment they steff off of the US or regardless of citizenship status. I think that he used to kill a sixteen year old American citizen in Yemen, so that he does that sometimes, right, But they don't do anything useful with it. And now let's get to what Trope is going to do with this quote. Sign a new executive order instructing every federal agency to cease all programs to promote the concept of sex and gender and transition at any age. Ask Congress to permanently stop federal taxpayer dollars from being used to promote or pay for these procedures. Okay, so that's bad. What exactly this does is kind of murky. We're going to talk about planned parenthood in a second, because there's another one of these proposals that's a lot worse for planned parenthood.
Speaker 3: And I guess that'd be going after some level of like government insurance. If you're trying to get medical care paid for if you have government insurance, I guess that'd be what that's trying to target.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think there's like two things. One and I think this is the main target is well, I don't know, it's sort of unclear, but the two main targets I think are any kind of federal education program that talks about queer people. Sure, and then the second one. Yeah, it is like if you're in the military, you won't be able to tend to anymore because or if and this is actually a pretty big deal because there are a lot of federal employees. The federal employees health insurance would no longer cover any gender for macare. And this is for everyone, right because it is not.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately a lot of transgender employees at the DOT yep.
Speaker 2: So that's very bad. Those drones, Oh god, oh you meant oh the you ha do o D? Yes, the department, but no, you said do two. Probably the transportation. I was like, oh, yeah, that's there's a bunch of.
Speaker 3: Well yes also because yes, but I meant I meant the do O D.
Speaker 2: Yeah, nones. You know, it's bad. There's an open question here about how exactly this works. So one question that I I'm genuinely not sure about. There's a possibility this works like abortion funding, where so federal money can't go to promoting abortions. I think there's some very weird stuff with USAID money overseas, so sometimes happens, but I don't know someone, I'm not a USCID expert, but you know, so for example, you so if you are a clinic that does abortions, right, you can take federal money. You just can't use the federal money for the abortions. So it's possible that, you know, for example, so one of the one of the Influme Consent clinics in Chicago takes federal money for HIV treatment. Under this wording, it seems like they could still get federal funding for that, but they couldn't take any money for gender firming care. But also, Congress could just pass a bill that stops I'm pretty sure it could pass a bill that stops all funding for anyone who does this. So you know, this is something that's kind of interesting about these is that this stuff is all very very bad. It's also not quite the maximalist genocidal policy yet, I think in large part because they haven't taken power and because the groups who are like pushing this stuff this is actually kind of an older This This is from February twenty twenty three. So okay, it's actually a lot older than a lot of the other stuff here, And even even back like in twenty twenty three, the beginning of the year, stuff was less radical than it is now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was before the big we must eliminate transgenderism. Yeah thing that started with the Daily Wire, and then Trump mirrored some of that rhetoric in his like a seapack talk from that spring.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 3: It was kind of a ramp up like on some of like the quote unquote transgender ism rhetoric really was getting more popular on that time. The kind of groomer rhetoric from the year previous twenty twenty two is starting to kind of fade away, and they were finding a new thing to replace it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So there's a good, just decent chance that this stuff is all actually much worse when it gets as bunched that. That's the way it's written right now, as best as I can tell. So the third one, and this one is a fiasco. Any hospital or healthcare provider who either like gives up puberty blockers or does genderfirming surgery for miners, or gives hormones to miners can't accept Medicare or Medicaid, they get knocked off of the approved list. Okay, so that is a huge deal because that immediately knocks out Planned Parenthood. Who plant pair whod gets this like Sophie's choice thing of either you don't provide puberty blockers like you don't you don't provide gender firming care of either like either sort of hormones or puberty blockers to kids, or you lose every single person who uses Medicare and Medicaid. And that's a lot of people. That's like I've seen numbers that suggests it's like forty percent of people who use Planned Parenthood use particularly Medicare, And this is a complete fiasco.
Speaker 3: I also wonder how this would impact like cis, children who need to be put on puberty blockers, because people forget that, like combery blockers have been a thing for like decades and decades that are like well proven to be safe and effective for delaying puberty. It does not stop puberty from happening altogether. It does not cast straight you permanently or in any of these kind of wild claims.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, and the self that's weird here too, is like it's the language they're using is really inflammatory shit, So it's actually deeply unclear what the fuck they're talking about.
Speaker 3: So, I mean, and I've read a lot of these sorts of bills, even like the Arkansas bill targeting IVF. When these politicians are questioned about some of the language that would, ultimately, if written and acted upon as written, would like block a whole bunch of regular medical procedures from happening, they're often confused about why they're being asked about this because they're like, no, obviously things will continue on as normal, and if we have to amend the bill to like change this one little thing, then we'll do that. They don't actually think about all the little tiny ways that this will also just like interferes with like regular medical science. Yeah, and they just digital care because they know it's because they're never going to prosecute for stuff like that. It just isn't it. They're genuinely not thinking about those other use cases at all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And like I'm gonna read the first sentence the first one of these, like the text of it revoke Joe Biden's cruel policies on so called gender affirming care and quotes a process that includes giving kids puberty blockers and mutating their physical appearance and ultimately performing surgery on minor children. So that's like not real, that's not what gender affirming care is. So, but the thing is right, it's it's fucking impossible to tell whether this would result in them actually banning all gender affirming care whatsoever, which includes other stuff as well, or if it's just a more limited ban like who the fuck knows, because they're not being specific at all, so this can mutate into a whole bunch of stuff. One of the other immediate sort of impacts of banning, particularly if banning meta, is that like there's a lot of trans people on it, because trans people are significantly poorer than SIS people. So I mean, just to take like a random statistic op so, the unemployment rate right now in the US is three point eight percent. The unemployment rate for trans people is eighteen percent, which is nineteen thirty five great depression levels of unemployment. So you know, if you if you're a transperson out there and you're listening to people tell you how great the economy is, and you're like, what the fuck is going on the answer is that you literally do not live in the same world as assist people who are telling you this. You live in the nineteen nineteen thirty five Great Depression. So yeah, but and you know, so cutting off one of the ways that people can access medical care if they you know, can't afford it is a fucking disaster. This is going to.
Speaker 1: Do.
Speaker 2: I like, presumably if this goes through with the only way that you're going to be able to get like gender firming care if you're a kid is by having rich parents and going to like some kind of clinic that doesn't take Medicaid Medicare medicaid. Yeah, so you know what else doesn't take Medicare Medicaid? Actually who knows? I don't know. Look, it's a bad time to ad pivots. Okay, so we're back. So okay, now having gone into all of that detail, Number four is just quote pass a law prohibiting child sexual mutilation in all fifty states.
Speaker 3: So this is see, this is this is a great example of the thing I was just talking about, how like theoretically, if one was as smart ass, you'd be like, oh, so you're banning circumcision. You're like, no, of course not, because they're they're not thinking about this sort of thing. This is this is like yeah, no, it's just it's just yeah, trans kids can't get which also like almost never happens. There may be like one or two very bizarre like outliers where someone has gone through extensive therapy from a very young age that might result in them receiving such surgery at like sixteen or seventeen, but that is such a minuscule amount that that simply just does not happen. Yeah, in any real statistical notion, you know.
Speaker 2: But I mean, but this is one of these things. It's hard because it's like, okay, so like what are they actually what are they talking about? And the answer is who the fuck knows this? Cre they think this is happening? Well no, But but also like because like the you know, one of the things that they do here, right is they they'll talk about female like they'll talk about like general and mutilations like whatever, but they'll also include in that like puberty blockers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, of course, because because to them, pauty blockers are like a chemical castration device.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's all you know, this is one of these things. But you know, but the thing I should mention about this one that is I don't know, it's something I'm short of hasident's talk about because I I don't know, like I don't like I've torn between wanting to spread panic and wanting to be like, well, this is probably what's going to happen. But there's a non zero chance that with how far this stuff has gone, they have Republicans take the House in the Senate, that this bill turns into just a full band because that's what's being pushed for now by the sort of constituencies that this stuff is four it's just like a full ban in all care. It's way less popular than even the anti transkid stuff, which is not very popular. But on the other hand, like this is I mean, this entire thing is just Trump sort of like being like yeah, sure whatever to these like these weird anti transdiptions.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there certainly are a percentage of Republican politicians and like right wing influencers who do want some of these bills to expand up to just including everyone or everyone under the edge of twenty five. As as we've mentioned before, I still don't think there's it's too far off to say whether or not this is like something to actually like worry about. In any in any real sense. It's it's it's too murky.
Speaker 2: Yeah. But on the other hand, he is he is very explicit on just banning all banning care for minors, like that's this thing that he's very like, that's just in the text. Right. The next one is one of the this is like one of the sort of almost every bill that gets passed by a state legislature now has this provision that creates like quote the private right of action for victims to sue doctors for anyone who got any kind of gender for mcare as a minor. This is We've talked about this on the show before. This is this is you know, this is the thing that lets detransgrifters who think that God talks to them like try to go and destroy like doctors and clinics. Yeah, it's it's it's one of the tactics that they use to try to like run people who they can't otherwise go after legally out of existence. So you know that that that's like a that's just a sort of normal, classic anti trans thing that they want to bring to Well. I guess the other important part of it is is having this on a national level lets them target clinics in like blue states that they otherwise normally wouldn't be able to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, that's the big goal of a lot of this federal stuff is being able to actually have an effect like New York, California, the other half of the country. Whereas because right wing governors are doing all this sort of stuff in a lot of the red states, but that is not satisfying to a lot of these people. The reason why this is being pushed on a federal level is to try to put as much pressure on blue states as they can, just out of the desire for sheer human misery.
Speaker 2: Yep, now speaking of the desire for human visery. So there is just a there is one very trump one that I've actually haven't seen before. Quote direct the Department of Justice to investigate big pharma and the big hospital networks to determine whether they deliberately covered up horrific long term side effects of quote sex transitions to get rich at the expense of vulnerable patients, or illegally marketed hormones and puberty blockers which are in no way licensed to or approved for this use.
Speaker 3: That's that's deeply funny because it's just like nothing he's saying is real.
Speaker 2: No, like, all that's fake. The long term side effects of sex transition is being extremely based and cool.
Speaker 3: But no, like there's also there's just nothing to support any of that notion. So even if the DOJ does investigate this, they're not gonna find anything because no one's trying to market testosterone or estrogen to like make money off of it.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 3: This is one thing that certain freaks at the Daily Wire try to like talk about being like, ooh, the shady pharmaceutical companies are making a most money off of estrogen. It just isn't true because most people aren't paying for estrogen anyway. They're getting it through like health insurance that the most I have to pay for is the fucking needles.
Speaker 2: Well and also and also the thing about estrogen is like the majority of the people who get aestrogen or system, yes, yes, like so.
Speaker 3: The majority of people who get testosterone are male bodybuilders.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And it's like, like, have you ever fucking tried to like get a like get like like even something like facial feminization surgery, which is like technically speaking, is like a fairly highly paid from when he's plastic surgeon. Do you know how long the waiting lists are for that you can't even pay them to do this to you. You have to pay them and then wait for fucking years because no one does it.
Speaker 3: It's like it's it's something that I think, coming off of like the opioid epidemic, we have certain influencers online who are trying to like find different ways to tie in big pharma to whatever thing they're currently talking about, and they're trying to do that with trans healthcare, and it's just it is honestly, it doesn't the reason why you hardly gets talked about because because it doesn't lead anywhere. It'll it'll get a passing mentioned in the What Is a Woman documentary, It'll get this passing mentioned by Trump, but like you don't actually see anything on the legislative level actually targeting this because it's just there's just nothing to do. There's nothing to investigate. Also, all of these drugs are approved and tested for all of these things. Yeah yeah, and it happened for decades, so like it's it's it's simply not real.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, this is the thing where I mean I think the actual effect of this with DJ would just be Trump doing like random witch hunts and like going through and like rating patients files for.
Speaker 3: Shit, which like Peppa Pippa, you're not allowed, not allowed.
Speaker 2: I don't think the Trump gets this apartment is gonna give us. So well, here's the thing. Is the Supreme Court gonna stop them?
Speaker 3: No, of course this Rene Court's not gonna stop Like is such a non problem because there's just nothing to do here.
Speaker 2: Yes, but it's like I don't know, like I think the prospect of Trump realizing he could actually just do unlimited judicial tyranny and do whatever the fuck he wants in the Supreme Court, like sure seven to two will be like yeah, cops have the right to like execute trans prisoners or some shit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that's not what's currently being talked.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah yeah, But I mean I I do I do think there'll be sort of like fake scare monger reinvestigations. I don't sure. I don't think it. I just don't think it'll lead a newhere.
Speaker 3: I think it's mostly just like a wild goose chase to satisfy whatever fucking person who watches too many right wing podcasts on YouTube. So like it's it's it's I don't see this as anything like super pressing.
Speaker 2: The next one I think actually could be real, depending on how motivated they are to do it. So the next one, so this is a ban on teachers and anyone who works. So this this is this is supposed to be a directive sent down from the Apartment of Education, and it it says no one who works for a school, So no teachers or any school administration can tell a kid that they might be trans and that the consequences for this are civil like civil rights like investigations into them, and also the elimination of federal funding for any school district where this happens. Okay, And that's this is effect What this effectively is is a threat to cut off federal funding from states if they don't implement what is effectively I don't say transbill that one. I think that one's going to be pretty real. It kind of depends on the extent to which the Department of Education is willing to spend a bunch of time going through individual cases. But you know, like, given that it's possible that Department of Education just gets filled with a bunch of like deranged Trump weirdos, I think there's a real chance that this one actually goes through and does stuff. Yeah, And the other thing about that one is because because that's a directive through federal agencies, he doesn't it doesn't have to go through Congress, which is sort of alarming. It's I don't know. It's one of these things where it's the question of how powerful is the federal bureaucracy going to be? And I tend to lean towards the side of the federal bureaucracy has an imense capacity to cause harm. The last part is try. He wants to get a bill in Congress that ends all recognition of their being non binary people and saying it the only genders are men and woman. So this would do things immediately like getting rid of like the ex gender marker on passports and only recognizing people to sign gender at birth, which means the government is now saying that only to like, only two genders exist, and also that the federal bureaucracy gets to assign you a gender, which is, you know, normally the exact kind of federal tyranny the Republican Party decries, but you know, they hate us, do they ever, do they ever actually decry that sort of tyranny? Federal why federal tyranny they're supposed to I think it used to be their thing.
Speaker 3: It's also less like the federal government declaring your gender. It's like whatever random doctor fills out.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, for sure, but sure, but the the but the the government now is forcing you to, in their eyes, be whatever gender that they decide that you want.
Speaker 3: Yes, And we've had we've had some stuff like this, try to get yeahs through in Europe and certain certain US states for like their own state ideas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that's part. I don't know why this bill is these three things lumped together, but it's so the bill, this specific bill is this one using Title nine to stop trans women from playing in women's sports in college or in schools. Sure, and then protecting the right of the parent to keep your kid from transitioning, which is fucking So that's fascinating because protecting the right of the parent to make to have your kid not transition that that's a really interesting wording there. Yeah, well, so let me read the exactly exact wording. Is protects the rights of parents from being forced to allow their child to assume a new gender identity without the parents consent.
Speaker 3: Yes, So they're referring to the types of parental Bill of rights laws, Yeah, that have passed in at like six Republican states.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So the last one I think is really interesting and it kind of gives the game away as to what this is all, like, what the actual point of this is for someone like Trump who's not that interested, doesn't like transalle but isn't that interested. And this one, I'm okay, I'm going to read it first. As part of our new credentialing system, a credentialing body for teachers, we will promote positive education about the nuclear family, the role of mothers and fathers, and celebrating rather than erasing, the things that make men and women different and unique. Sure, so this is this is literally this is this is legislating institutional like sexism education. Yes, And you know, we've talked about the credentialing stuff. It's unclear to me how this would work because it's not it's not quite the same credentialing thing that you were talking about. But basically, this is a federal mandate that says that you can't be a teacher without teaching sexism, which.
Speaker 3: Is I'm sure, I'm sure the teachers unions will love to take that one on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, you know, I'm i and this is one of the things that I I I don't know. I mean you have to like go into like walk in with a stick and beat them on it. But I am so excited for the Trump administration has to deal with an actual national teacher strike. Like, have fun with that one, you dip shits.
Speaker 3: This is why these types of conservatives really really hate teachers unions.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 3: They frame teachers unions as being like one of like the most evil lobbying forces in America because they really don't like that they don't have complete total control over teaching kids whatever kind of fucked up a nuclear family patriarchal bullshit that they want to like mandate by law.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and so they're going to attempt to do They're they're they're they're going to attempt to every every They're gonna they're gonna make everyone watch a shitty Matt Walsh documentary or some ship. And if you complain about it, they they they prosecute you under the Civil Rights Act for being good luck discrimination or something. So that's that's that's that's Trump's plan to protect children from left wing gender insanity. It's really quite bad. As funny as some of it is. I mean, it's a bunch of gender firming care bands sort of stitch together with stuff trying to knock hospitals out from doing it, stitch to the just the sexism law. Very cool. Yeah, it's quite bad. Come back tomorrow for probably even worse shit. Don't remember which one is tomorrow, but you'll we'll find out when we do.
Speaker 1: It could happen here as a production of cool Zone Media. For more podcasts from cool Zone Media, visit our website cool zonemedia dot com, but check us out on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to podcasts. You can find sources for it Could Happen Here, updated monthly at cool zonemedia dot com slash sources. Thanks for listen ning