Speaker 1: From UFOs to psychic powers and government conspiracies. History is riddled with unexplained events. You can turn back now or learn this stuff they don't want you to know. A production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Hello, welcome back to the show. My name is Matt, my name is Nola.
Speaker 3: They call me Ben.
Speaker 4: We're joined as always with our super producer, all mission controlled decond Most.
Speaker 3: Importantly, you are you. You are here.
Speaker 4: That makes this the stuff they don't want you to know. It's always going to be a crazy week at this point, and we are always We're always going to be over the moon.
Speaker 3: Just like a just like a Russian craft.
Speaker 2: Uh when.
Speaker 4: Right, We're gonna be okay, well, like an Indian lunar lander. We are on or over the moon to share some stories from our fellow conspiracy realist. You are the most important part of the show. It is an immense privilege for us to be able to hang out with you together in the dark. We are going to hear some ideas about oh, we're going to have some much needed explanations about jobs, about smoking wet. We're going to hear some billionaire pranks. We're going to learn a little bit about life and death, situations. We're going to hear some pretty solid pitches to explain certain UAP formerly known as UFOs. And before we do any of that, we want to give a special shout out to a lot of our fellow listeners who had written in with updates on the Marion County newspaper raid and on a very troubling situation down in Australia. So maybe we start there. Maybe maybe we start down south, oh.
Speaker 5: The South Little Australia, indeed home of the Chavs. We'll get to that a little later. But this came to me from a listener who wrote me on Instagram and didn't give me permission to use their name, so we're just kind of go with anonymous on this one. But it was in reference to Matt the story that you brought recently in a Strange News I believe episode about a case of poisoning, mushroom poisoning that took place in Australia.
Speaker 6: Just to clarify, no, it was a When we were reporting on it, it was believed to have been a mushroom poisoning, right like nobody had confirmed at that point.
Speaker 5: That's right, And and I forgive me this specific Victoria is the province. I think they're called. Is that what they're called in Australia, It's it's a small town in Victoria. And this is a case where some food was prepared for a family picnic and several individuals were sickened and I believe three of them died. And there were some sketchy details surrounding this. Aaron Patterson, who prepared this meal, was estranged from her husband, uh and that was kind of one of the details that led to a lot of speculation perhaps this was intentional and intentional poisoning. Her husband at the last minute did not come to this meal, to this situation, this kind of camping kind of situation, I guess it was, if I'm not mistaken. And also like there was like a dehydrator that was found abandoned and things like that that were in the reports that we, you know, initially talked about that you brought Matt and now some new details have come to light. But also a listener wrote in on Instagram to send just some images of this is an listener from Australia who sent some images of mushrooms that are commonly foraged in Australia and just wanted to point out that they're you know, to the untrained eye, there's some similarities between a death cap mushroom and some other innocuous mushrooms or mushrooms that might be you know, foraged in the wild to use for cooking, you know, like we do hear about people foraging for Chantrell's and morals and all of that kind of stuff. It's, you know, it's they're delicious. You're a mushroom person. These are these are really tasty additions to to cooking. You know, if this is something that you are trained at least at the very least have a basic understanding of what these look like, you know, morels and Chantrelle's very specific looking mushrooms. This listener wrote in and had a picture of quite a few different looking mushrooms, some of which pretty closely did resemble the death cap mushroom, which, as you pointed up in I believe on the Strange News installment, are not native to Australia, but have come there through I believe wood. Wasn't that right, Yeah, through wood. We'll leave it at that. And so therefore, now are you know they do occur in the wild, Because initially I think I had said, wait a minute. If they're not they're not indigenous, that doesn't make sense. These must have been something that was imported or used Aaron Patterson. Again, the woman prepared the meal has now been questioned and has made some statements, one of which was that she bought these mushrooms at an Asian supermarket. And there have been some reports that have come out from a couple of different media outlets that quote a forensic psychologist by the name of Tim Watson Monroe who has been involved in some, you know, some pretty high profile cases there in Australia, and mister Watson Monroe identified several red flags in this case. I'm speaking to the Australian, so a major outlet there in Australia. And one of the things that he was quoted as saying in an article from the New Zealand Herald that I found is I don't believe in coincidences. Rather, to quote precisely, I'm not a big believer in coincidences. And what he's referring to is the fact that Patterson's husband had had a previous bout with serious food poisoning type symptoms. And I can't remember if we mentioned this. I don't think we did. I don't know that it had come out yet, but apparently was in a very very bad way back in twenty twenty two. In fact, there are two cases that are cited in this article of gastric related complications. The New Zealand Herald reports that Simon spent twenty one days in intensive care after collapsing from a mystery stomach at his home, where his friends and family were told to come and say goodbye in case he died.
Speaker 2: He was in a coma for a while.
Speaker 5: Yeah, twenty one days is a lot of time. That makes sense that tracks. Did we have that info? Matt Beckett, upon initially talking about this story.
Speaker 6: No, some of the reporting was just about how he was estranged and how he had been sick in the past, But it wasn't like connecting it up. It does feel as though the investigation is attempting to make the connection between his previous illnesses and then this latest accidental or purposeful poisoning.
Speaker 5: That's right, and Watson Rope says as much, or basically says to one or the other. Obviously, he says he was either willfully poisoned or it was just bad luck. But then again, that's you know, let's refer back to point one. Watson Monroe does not believe in coincidences in these kinds of cases.
Speaker 3: Red flag number two.
Speaker 5: As reported by the New Zealand Herald, Watson Monroe isn't convinced by Patterson's statement in which she claimed to have purchased the mushrooms at an unnamed Asian supermarket, because he said, people just don't retail them. It's not that loose. So if this was like a supermarket of any scale, they're vendors. You know, this stuff isn't just come. They don't sell foraged stuff at like Super h Mart, you know, it's that's not a thing. Perhaps a farmer's market or something where you maybe have a stand with like the mushroom guy or whatever, and we have that here and Atlanta there's actually really amazing mushroom person that sells foraged and I believe farm grown mushrooms at various farmers markets, you know, around and we're talking like you know, a little booth under you know, or you rent a space and you bring your stuff. A lot of like local and regional farms set up in these kinds of things. That is not what she reported she specifically reported that it was at an Asian supermarket, and then they don't have a name, so we don't know, but supermarket is definitely in there, and that to me implies some level of scale, and to Watson Monroe point tough to believe that something like this would just get in there. Another thing we didn't know that we talked about and questioned was what the dish was. And this is really interesting because I've made one of these before, beef Wellington.
Speaker 3: Which has a whole layer of mushrooms.
Speaker 5: It's called a duck cell. A duck cell. It's basically you take a bunch of mushrooms, a bunch of mushrooms. You know, mushrooms cooked down, they're full of water. So when you coach exactly when you cook down to get the amount of mushroom bits that you need to basically coat the puff pastry. This is a nice piece of beef, beef tenderloin that's wrapped in puff pastry that is coated on the inside, usually with some kind of proshudo or parmeham, and then another layer under that that has this mushroom mixture that you cook down I think with some red wine and I think there's also mustard involved, but it's a lot. You have to cook down a ton of large mushrooms, chop up tiny and then it still makes an absurdly reduced amount from where you started. So what a great way to make a highly concentrated thing.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 5: I mean, even you wouldn't have to have them all be these mushrooms. You could just mix a few of them in. These are very very deadly.
Speaker 4: Especially if they don't care about getting caught. That's right, that's right.
Speaker 5: Another red flag number three, Patterson, again quoting from the New Zealand Herald piece. Patterson revealed in a follow up statement to Beliast that her children were not present at the lunch, despite initial reports that they were. And I cannot recall if in this story they were present, but I think that was the thing we were sort of questioning, where It's like, if her kids were there, that would sure sech make it look less suspicious on her part in terms of the intentionality of it. And I believe in the reporting that we had we put them there.
Speaker 6: That was the initial reporting was that the children were there eating a separate meal.
Speaker 5: Separate meal because we talked about kids don't like mushrooms. There was another claim that Patterson made, saying that the kids were at the movies in fact, but that they ate the leftovers of the same meal the following day, which is that doesn't seem to line up, you know, with what we'd heard, even in the initial reports, which probably you know, obviously initial reports something like this. It's an official investigation. This woman hasn't been compelled to make a statement at this point. There's a lot of conjecture going on, with a lot of like conflicting things going around, you know, and I think none of us were trying to try this woman, you know, in the court of public opinion or anything. We made a couple of points that were if this was unintentional, what a painful thing to go through, especially when the media is immediately casting aspersions on you, you know, and to have reporters come in to your door asking you about, you know, a loved one who has died. I mean the people that died were family friends or perhaps in law. I'm sorry if.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's her husband's family, as her husband's mother's sister and husband got it.
Speaker 5: So that's red flag number three. I'll just read one last little kind of wrap up from Watson Monroe seems like a smart fellow. Watson Monroe says police would be looking for points of weakness and the slow, steady approach would be tactical. He said, it's fascinating case. Everyone is talking about it. And then another last little detail, another controversial part of the case is the details surrounding the dumping of a food dehydrator. Talked about that. That was definitely a detail that we had early. A police statement by Patterson was reportedly leaked to the media revealing she became unwell after eating the meal. She admitted she then dumped a dehydrator she used to prepare the meal at a nearby tip, which was a word we weren't familiar with. But I believe, Matt, you found that that's a dumpster or like a Herbie Kirby kind of you know, trash hopper, right.
Speaker 2: I don't know for sure, that's whatever.
Speaker 5: It's a trash receptacle tip. Yeah, exactly, at a nearby tip soon afterwards because she was in a panic. That's super sus too, because she's trying to say I was sick too, and I panicked. And then but then later she admitted lying to police about how long ago she disposed of the food dehydrator, initially saying that she put it there quote a long time ago, but then revealed that she did it immediately after everyone got sick. Also, we have reports saying that Patterson was a quote experienced fung guy forager, which again back to our listener who will keep anonymous, and I didn't get express permission to use this this conversation to name them. It seems from interacting with folks from Australia, I think you guys might have as well. This is very common. A lot of people are experienced forgers. This is a very different ecosystem than we're used to hear. A lot of things that fish. Lot of people that live there are are a bit closer to nature than we are here in the States, I think, just in general. But maybe I'm generalizing there, but it does seem from the few people that I have encountered, you know, and have relationships with in Australia that they do have a lot of you know, naturalists, just kind of like you know, hob hobby level kind of naturalists there. I don't know, ye'all, this is all very interesting. Thank you to our listener who for the pictures and you know, and then also just for opening, I hadn't thought of the story, and I just wanted to follow up and look, And it turns out these are very new those are just a couple of days ago. A lot of these these updates. So thank you for reminding us of the story and giving us a chance to kind of look look at some of the new info.
Speaker 3: But what do y'all think? This really doesn't look.
Speaker 5: Good for Patterson at all?
Speaker 2: Certainly not.
Speaker 4: As we've kind of alluded to in previous conversations. The news and the stories that we hear, they don't stop just because mass media isn't reporting them. In your neck of the global woods, I have a running folder where I keep track on Oh God, I hoard information the way that like RPG video games make you hoard items, And so we follow up on all this stuff. And we really appreciate because again, if you are listening to this, you specifically you are the source of some of the best information, some of the best inspiration we get. So thank you Anonymous on Instagram, because this touches on so much stuff.
Speaker 3: And like Noel, to.
Speaker 4: Your point, this is still actively developing. There is going to be more that comes out in this case, and I think it is worth our time collectively, you know, to take a look at it. And I really appreciate I really appreciate that point. And it's a point that I think more people should be saying in the public sphere. The court of public opinion is not a court of law, and if this person was involved in no sort of malevolent activities, then it is deeply traumatic and unclean to subject them to baseless accusations. Now, if it turns out that there there was homicide of foot, then that that is for investigators to decide. I just I just wanted to give some space and say that I really appreciate that point.
Speaker 3: I think it's mission critical.
Speaker 5: Agreed, and nothing really to add because it's just, you know, these are just this is this is being reported and we're just talking about it. And I does feel as though the investigation will yield some results, whether this woman is exonerated or something else. And we'll keep an eye on it and check back in. But I think that's all we got today for this one. Let's take a quick break here, a word from our sponsor, and then come back with another message from you.
Speaker 3: And we have returned.
Speaker 4: Folks went a little hard earlier this week on the mysterious plane crash out there in Russia. Shout out to our pal Jake Hanrahan excellent timing. Jake on making a show called sad Oligarch, So I thought for this little break in the middle, we do one of our favorite things about our weekly listener mail segment, which is, you know, letters from home, how are things going in your neck of the woods. We've got three pretty brief wins that are not related to mysterious deaths in Russia because I've been deep in that world. Thank you to everybody reached out on Twitter and Instagram. We understand when it is necessary. I understand when it's necessary to protect your identity as best as possible. But thank you for the insights and stay safe out there, folks. Here are some things that are a little bit lighter. We are always grateful for clarifications, for help with corrections. You're not just helping us, you're helping everybody who is a part of this show. Let's start with a cool clarification from Concerned Redneck. Now, we've got a lot of we've got a lot of friends and fellow conspiracy realists out in Australia as we know, right, and we got this really cool clarification. I'm just gonna read it and then let's hear the response, because I'll need your help, Matt and Nole to figure out whether this is real. Concerned Redneck says, hey, guys, I've been listening to some backlog episodes and I regularly hear you equate chovs Bogans and rednecks. Bogan and rednecks are similar enough, but a CHAV is most definitely not in that category. Chovs c chavs are usually urban, low income and most likely criminals. CHAV literally stands for wait for it, council house and violent. The closest US comparison to CHAV would be hood rat. Sincerely, concerned Redneck. Now, I don't know if that's true. I didn't even want to check yet. I wanted to ask you, guys, does this sound plausible?
Speaker 5: Well, council housing is. There's also I think they refer to them in the UK as council flats as well, and I think here you would maybe refer to as projects. Yeah, yeah, right, And you know, obviously those terms have connotations in whatever country and oftentimes are used, uh, derogatorily, let's just say, but I think it's similar, you know, similar vibe.
Speaker 6: It sounds like something that could be easily racially charged, used to buy someone in a negative way.
Speaker 4: Okay, So I wanted to do this while we're all here together, folks. Just looked it up on my browser choice and apparently the term chov is not an acronym for anything. So maybe it's like the old factoid meaning something sounds true that isn't that's always bandied about with with the word right fornication under consent of the king. So that's not true. I've never heard that one. That's amazing. That doesn't seem to get applied to other things too, you know.
Speaker 5: I'm like, I'm hard pressed to think of another one, But I know I've run into things where like, that's definitely an acronym, and people just say it like it's true, and then it's just easy to believe because usually it's sort of a silly sounding word too, like a kind of a made up sounding word. Mm hmm.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I just thought that was interesting. As everybody knows, we have all wanted to visit the Land of Oz for quite some time we want to go to Australia, and we're just very fortunate to be able to learn from people who actually live in the area. But let us know if you have ever heard the idea of this this word, this term as an acronym, and let us know the etymology from your perspective. So we appreciate your help. And also clearly, we are not fans of weaponizing language in a derogatory way toward any demographic living here in the South. We don't see redneck as a derogatory term, you know what I mean. And we have to understand that to lib Quality was right when he said I learned words have power. Now I'm careful how I use them. But also tell us your favorite weird acronyms.
Speaker 3: Moving on, this is a void.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm going fast because what I get through a few of these. But we had we had a fascinating conversation about the concept of smoking wet a little while back, right and I listened to it and I thought we were just incredibly wholesome and clearly we are not actively smoking wet. But the unique position of drugs and illicit substances in the US and abroad, it's a continuing subject of conspiracy theory and real life conspiracies. So thankfully we had an anonymous source reach out to us. We asked for your help and you came through.
Speaker 5: Folks.
Speaker 3: Here's what we got.
Speaker 4: No, we're protecting this person's identity, of course, fellow conspiracy realist, longtime listener, first time caller. I was listening to your most recent episode about aspartame and you all went off on a shorter side about PCP slash, formaldehyde slash and balming fluid, etc. I'm reaching out to you about that. I am not an absolute expert. However, since the age of ah, I know all about drugs teen certain myths about drugs have always irked me, even myths about the hard or stuff, and in my early forties, I sometimes find myself being irked when I hear these myths still floating around.
Speaker 5: Ha ha ha ha.
Speaker 4: So I'm going to put on my know it all hat here for a minute. Though I might be wrong, I'll never admit to it. And hear this anonymous person goes. The idea of literally smoking from aldehyde or embalming fluid is a conflation of those two things, being two of the many street names for PCP, and these two street names for PCP have been around since the nineteen seventies. Well, Anonymous, you said just seventies, but I assume nineteen seventies. Who knows so, Anonymous says, though I am not a chemist, I believe the conflation comes due to formaldehyde being used in the processing of PCP and clandestine labs. I don't know if it's a precursor or if it's used in post production somehow, but further conflation likely comes from formaldehyde being used in embalming fluid. Not that it is impossible that someone somewhere in the history of mankind has tried to literally smoke something dipped in embalming fluid and or formaldehyde without PCP being involved. Maybe the motive in doing so was these hypothetical people couldn't obtain PCP or they were scared to try actual PCP. But in either case they somehow had access to either formaldehyde or embalming fluid and were willing to try that. Then, in this hypothetical situation, I think the results of smoking either alone but not actual PCP would likely be becoming rather sick or worse, respiratory failure death, et cetera, instead of getting high. So that's the PSA. Kids for aldehyde and embalming fluid are just street names for PCP. If you are obtaining cigarettes or joints purportedly dipped in either and smoking them, you're likely smoking PCP and not literal for maldehyde and ends with it ends with a little more of a PSA. The important part we want to say here is.
Speaker 3: Don't do it drugs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, don't try to smoke formaldehyde, and also don't try actual PCP for that matter. Thank you anonymous. What do you guys think? I feel like that's a good thing to get out in the world.
Speaker 6: I had an image of someone who's aware that they're near their death. Right, they're on their deathbed and they're near it, and they're like, ah, gotta start loading up on formaldehyde, pre load, you know, pregame this thing and just smoking.
Speaker 2: Sorry, that's so horrible.
Speaker 5: I think I mentioned when we were talking about this before that I was made aware of this by an episode of the fantastic HBO series Six Feet Under. You know about a family that that runs ah more more mortuary virtuary. Yeah, and there is an episode where this kind of like crappy boyfriend of one of the characters is found to have been stealing from aldehyde and they find out because like his friend who like smoked this joint that he had been selling these joints, like dipped in it, like had a freak out meltdown, like But it's funny because the simple you know, what we do know about the effects of PCP, he was acting like he was on PCP. But definitely the plot is that it was embalming fluid. So that's that's the show, you know, playing into that kind of myth as well, and possibly a reason that it's still around. And I think we both looked it up and even at the time and it was sort of interchangeably referred to as embalming fluid or PCP or both. Very very interesting, these kinds of terms, you know, like in just the lore that gets wrapped up in like drug culture, you know, and like.
Speaker 4: Sure, we've also we've done we've done our duty here, Please don't smoke PCP. There are other things you can do with your time, and there are more interesting pursuits.
Speaker 2: Making a joke about our next listener.
Speaker 4: That well, that there are interesting things you can do with your time. I love that Mat also, with that being said, if you have a crazy drug story, first, we hope you are healthy, we hope you have survived, and we cannot wait to hear it the last so send it in on A three three sdd w y t K Conspiracy iHeart radio dot Com. We're going to end this part with one last one. We've been getting some great billionaire pranks. A while back, we asked you what you would do if you just had one point eight billion dollars of goodbye money?
Speaker 3: How would you.
Speaker 4: How would you practice discord in the world right, I'm referencing Discordianism and the Illuminatous Trilogy. So how would you do it? Well, we got we got to agree with. I'm not even gonna h share our fellow listener's name here because they have a couple of cool pitches and this, hopefully will just give us a laugh in these dark times. Our our anonymous soon to be billionaire, says billionaire pranks, I would change my name to something crazy mister pooh pooh pp hands.
Speaker 5: Or I think there's a boat named that in the UK. Wait, no, that was that was cool? Uh?
Speaker 4: And then says okay, maybe not mister hands or government cheese or questionable milk, et cetera. And then I would go and fund a bunch of public works and put my name on everything. I can see it now, questionable milk, palliative care, government, cheese, public library, the mister Hands Equestrian and Emergency Care.
Speaker 5: Oh that's fun.
Speaker 3: That's a brilliant idea right, a great way.
Speaker 5: It is very boating mcboat face and spirit. Where like, they shouldn't have opened that up to the public because people gonna brank and the stupidest name is going to rise to the top. And now you got that on your ship.
Speaker 3: This is smart. I like it.
Speaker 4: I mean, I just I love the idea of going to one of the world's most prestigious universities and funding the construction of a new library or there's a new wing somewhere in the Ivory Tower, and everybody has to call it like the slippy mcdurpins, you know, Memorial Planetarium.
Speaker 6: I'd go with secret first name, last name Illuminati, so it would be like the Secret Illuminati Equestrian and Emergency Care Center.
Speaker 3: That's great.
Speaker 4: I could we love these weird daves. So thank you for the billionaire pranks, folks. Thank you as always for the clarifications and explanations. They are immensely helpful. We can't wait to hear more. We love it mentioned this earlier. We love it every time somebody writes in with a cool nickname. Bonus points for a pun or a weird moniker, So keep them coming. We're going to pause for a word from our sponsors, and then we're going to be back with some more messages from you.
Speaker 6: Okay, guys, we're back to the phone lines. We got a message here from night Shift, and I guess I'll just set it up this way. It's kind of a heroing story, Nisha. I'll let night Shift introduce, like why this person's writing to us about this topic. But as soon as we're done, like as soon as we're finished, I just want to hear y'all's thoughts on the story, because it's a story that we're being told.
Speaker 7: Here we go, Hey, guys, you can call me night Shift. So I grew up in a Christian church and I went to a Christian school. Since then, I've gone pretty far in the other direction. I don't really say that I believe in God. I'm not sure. I can't. It's hard to say. I guess I'm agnostic, don't know, but here's an experience that I had. I was just listening to the Divine Visitation portion of the listener Mail segment, and I had an experience. Just out of high school, me and three other friends going to get into the car. We all called shotgun, I want it, but my buddy insisted that. He says in passenger seat deal. I sit in the backseat. We were driving ridiculously fast on the highway. I got this weird sensation and I heard somebody in my head tell me to buckle my seat belt, so I did. Somebody cuts us off and we crash. I put on my seatbelt thirty seconds before we crashed while we were rolling. This was a hatchback and the rear window actually ended above my head, so while we were rolling, the ground was where my head would touch. It felt like there was a giant hand cupping the back of my head. I walked out of there with no bruises, no nothing. The friend, unfortunately, that was in the passenger seat. He went out the window when we're rolling, the far landed on top of him. Horrible story.
Speaker 5: He did not make it.
Speaker 7: Terrible situation, but I completely heard the voice and felt the hand on the back of my head. I just wanted to share this with you guys once a getting this night shift. I've been listening to you guys since beginning. I love it all right, I have a good one.
Speaker 6: Wow, pretty intense. Yeah, like Churchill, thank you night shift man. I mean, okay, so I talked to night shift. Don't give you guys some more details here, but just first of all, after hearing that the inner voice or exterior voice that tells you you should put your seat belt on when you're traveling down the road at you know, upwards of one hundred miles per hour, that's the first thing I want to analyze because to me, that's almost your not to put anything, you know, not to lighten what you felt or what you think you experienced their night shift. But for me, that would be my internal voice whatever that you know, subconscious thing is that's you know, yells at me sometimes like dude, don't do that. It would be saying, put on your seatbelt, dude. So like for me, I don't know, what do you guys think? For me, that wouldn't require any kind of exterior influence, you.
Speaker 4: Know, honestly, So this is fascinating we do know that throughout human history some luminaries, brilliant, brilliant people have experienced what modern science often typifies as auditory hallucinations, right, and hearing voices. And I want to shout out again one of our a really good episode when that's close to my heart, with our with what Passes from my Heart, with Joe McCormick, the bicameral mind, right, the idea that in the past people may not have had internal monologues. And indeed, it's interesting that even now there are people who have entered studies and they don't have an internal monologue. So maybe when the thought occurs, this feels like a message from the exterior. But also, you know, you can't devalue an experience like this because regardless of how somebody wants to attempt to explain it, it saved your life, dude. Yeah, I think that's amazing.
Speaker 6: But what also saved his life was not hitting his head as that tiny it's a tiny little Mazda MX three, like nineteen ninety five. Okay, if you look those up or if you know what those are, it's a tiny little carts. It looks like a little mini sports car, and that hatchback window that night Shift is referring to really does, if you're sitting in the back seat, comes right over your head.
Speaker 3: It's a crazy slope.
Speaker 6: Yeah, their vehicle was traveling upwards of one hundred and forty miles per hour one hundred and forty seven.
Speaker 2: Miles per hour when they crashed. This is after I talked to night Shift.
Speaker 6: That vehicle rolled on the highway traveling at that speed eight times.
Speaker 2: And he's a you.
Speaker 6: Know, he's not a super tall guy, like an overly tall person, but his head theoretically, even if he's strapped into his seat belt, would have been slamming into the ground as it's rolling over and night Shift that I'll give you the words from the phone call we had together. It felt exactly like a hand, like a warm hand, wrapping around.
Speaker 2: The top of my head. That was like shielding him while that was occurring.
Speaker 4: Question Matt did in question for you as well, night Shift, if you want to reach back out and give us some more information here did night Shift, did you guys talk about whether or not this person had any additional similar experiences either before or after the crash.
Speaker 6: No additional experiences like that, however, night Shift and his significant other are very interested in watching TV shows about feeling spirits, ghosts, entities, that kind of thing like the specifically focused on the touch sensation when it comes to other worldly encounters like that.
Speaker 4: Also shout out Gavin de Becker The Gift of Fear. Can't recommend that book enough, you know what I mean? Sometimes those hunches can save your life.
Speaker 2: Right certainly.
Speaker 6: I don't know, man, just a very strange version of this, and Night Shift Guys invites us to around where his neck of the woods is. There's a thing out there called the America America's Stonehenge that I believe we've talked about and mentioned on the show before.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pretty cool.
Speaker 3: We're crashing at your house, man.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah. Then I tell you, guys that I got cut from William Shattan is unexplained talking about the Georgia Kidstones.
Speaker 2: Oh No, I.
Speaker 5: Think they pivoted the whole episode because there just wasn't enough about it, you know. I think they thought it was gonna be enough to fill a whole episode. But the episode that came out in the new season is just about like national monuments. So I kind of have a feeling that they just changed direction entirely, but they gave me my per diem.
Speaker 3: It was just fun.
Speaker 5: I was like, yeah, I want to see oh man.
Speaker 2: Oh darned. I'm sorry man. That would have been exciting.
Speaker 3: It wouldn't have been that's Willie's loss.
Speaker 6: We could have had a whole conversation about his side business, or at least association to a side business about the DNA sending crystals to the moon and all that.
Speaker 2: Have you seen that?
Speaker 6: Did we talk about that on the air?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 6: Apparently apparently talking about William Shatner. Yeah, William shatter Apparently he's like partnered in some way for the promotion or partnered with the company itself. Something about crystals. I can't remember the name of it, but you they form crystals and in some way infuse your DNA and they were going to send it to the moon and it only costs one hundred and fifty thousand dollars to do it.
Speaker 4: Sign me what, Yeah, let's use all our podcast riches. That's the new billionaire preak. He probably heard our episode. It was like DNA to the Moon.
Speaker 3: It sounds like a.
Speaker 5: More high tech version of what Hunter S. Thompson did, where he had his ashes like fired out of a cannon. You know that was a lot cheaper I think, but still not cheap. Johnny Depp paid for it apparently, but it did it did happen?
Speaker 4: Also, Hunter A Stomp's an amazing writer. I just got to say, Gonzo journalism is beautiful, but maybe not the best person.
Speaker 5: You know when you seem to like him to see your heroes up after him.
Speaker 3: The program is called Immortalize Me.
Speaker 6: Well, no, it's called my It's called space Wait, maybe it is called immortalize Me.
Speaker 5: Space Crystals is way better though.
Speaker 3: Come on, can we all agree?
Speaker 4: So Space Crystals is cool. It's like space law, you know what I mean? Space Force.
Speaker 6: The one I found has will It's a If you go to my spacecrystals dot com you can see William Shatner and it has a quote it says, I'm gonna put your DNA on the moon. It's crazy. You will put your DNA in the capsule. That capsule will go to the moon and stay there alongside Neil Armstrong's footsteps. Here we have the possibility of a type of immortality.
Speaker 4: Hey, I'm not gonna have anybody hate hate on Captain Kirk On my on my watch. You know, hate not him, Star Trek and Geane rod Berry.
Speaker 3: I know you're not.
Speaker 5: You're not.
Speaker 4: And just to clarify for everyone, Matt is correct. The name of the company is Space Crystals LLC. I think they're out of Texas and their program under that company is immortalized me.
Speaker 5: Can we point out thoether that url is MySpace crystals dot com.
Speaker 4: Oh, well done, Yeah, that's great.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 6: All right, thanks so much night Shift for sending us that message. We're gonna jump to one more message from a familiar voice, a familiar person in our email, someone who writes to us constantly. Mister Brocknest Monster.
Speaker 8: Here we go, Hey, guys, the brock Nest Monster. I was listening to the UFOs and Aliens in Congress episode earlier. The situation where they were at the sighting where a couple jets blew past a spear that had a square inside of it, a box side of it. That just sounds a lot like a radar reflector. I think it is.
Speaker 6: Okay, We're gonna pause right here in between the message. Guys, I had no idea what a radar reflector is. I don't know how this didn't hit my radar in forty years, but it never did. Do you guys know what a radar reflector is?
Speaker 4: We talked about this a little bit off air. I didn't but I made some guesses. I haven't looked up. I'm very interested to see whether these are correct. What about you, Neil?
Speaker 5: No, yeah, I didn't know, and I said I didn't want to know because I like to be surprised.
Speaker 6: All right, well surprised. This is from Westmarine dot Com. I'm going to read directly from it. It says what radar reflectors do. Radar reflectors more accurately called radar target enhancers or RTEs, reflect radar energy from other vessels radars, so that your boat, if you've got one of these on, it shows up as a larger and more consistent target.
Speaker 4: Yes, all right, cool, I feel so validated. Okay, so it's a safety thing, right, yeah, radar reflector.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 6: Imagine you're on a small vessel and you're operating out on the ocean where there are much larger vessels that are just they're just barreling through and there's not much they can do to change their trajectory unless they get you know, early warning if you've got one of these on your boat, they're going to see you, or you're at least ensuring there's a larger probability that they're going to see you and not hit you, hopefully.
Speaker 4: So Electronically, it's like a mobile lighthouse.
Speaker 6: Right, Yeah, Yeah, it's a lot like a mobile lighthouse. But there are lots of uses for this technology. It's not just for ships and small boats and that kind of thing. The whole point is that it puts off a large radar signature, and depending on the size that you build them, you can make it a huge radar signature. Right, You could do all kinds of stuff with it, and you can maybe imagine, guys in your head, there are other military applications for a device like this, Right, let's think about that, and let's jump back in and finish brocks message here.
Speaker 8: I'm imagining a situation where the two deaths flew past a radar reflector. That would be a really good explanation for that, because I can't think of any other reason why you would need a box sphere, because that's ridiculous. But I'm not like an alien space ship designers to what do I know, Yeah, just looking for the simplest explanation for some of this weird stuff that's happening and sounds like a radar reflector. There you go, problem solved or whatever.
Speaker 3: Later close energy, I rock.
Speaker 4: I love it, man, Because we talk about this a lot when we're just hanging out or off air, the simpler explanations will often have a higher likelihood of being true.
Speaker 6: Right that we just talked about that we were discussing progosion.
Speaker 2: Y'all.
Speaker 6: I just put something in the chat. Please do look at that if you have a second, because when we're talking about what these radar reflectors look like, often you will see varying shapes. Some of that look like pyramids, some that look like almost sphere in a way, but others look like a box or almost a star shape inside an inflatable clear sphere or rounded shape.
Speaker 4: And they're inflatable too, which is fascinating.
Speaker 6: Not all of them are inflatable, some of them are for various uses. Right, Yeah, So there, I mean there's a possibility here that broadness is onto something. I don't know if it's the most simple thing, because you'd think, you know, somebody like Ryan Graves who had these had a sighting of one of these, and other pilots you know that were just like him visibly seeing these things, you'd think they would know what a radar reflector was.
Speaker 2: My question is.
Speaker 5: Do you fly these like balloons?
Speaker 6: Kind of Now here's there's the big question. Okay, I don't think you fly these balloons. I've never seen any evidence of them being flown like balloons. I've seen them attached to the ends of a large inflatable balloon because there's metal in there inside the reflector itself. They're electronic components. Sometimes it looks like maybe not always, but it would require some serious lift to get it off the ground, especially to have it, you know, hovering in the air thousands of feet above sea level where those pilots were operating.
Speaker 4: Yes, I mean there's another immediate question. Like first off, obviously this will remind a lot of us played along at home about the Chinese balloons. They're totally nuts by balloons. That One of the immediate questions I think a lot of us will have on our minds here is what is the efficacy of size? Like what Graves reported is pretty big, so would there be would there be an advantage to having a very large inflatable radar reflector. I just I don't know enough about the science this.
Speaker 6: Ryan Graves's story was that it was the entry point to the operating area, right, which maybe it was an attempt to mark the entry point to the operating area with a small device that would be easily pinged by radar.
Speaker 4: Right, yeah, okay, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 5: I brought this up last time we talked about something like this, and I do it every time. I saw a thing and it looked like one of these, but it would have had to be really big, and it was in a part of the country where the land is really flat, so your line of sight on the horizon or whatever is probably a little distorted. But I saw, like in the distance a thing that looked a whole lot like one of these. But I would have to have been at a massive scale to be able to see it from that far away. I think that's what you're getting up been like, you know, these are you know, I'm seeing them hoisted up onto a ship's sail and they're not tiny, but they're not small, but they're not like massive. You wouldn't be able to see one of these from one hundred from miles away or from even you know, hundreds and hundreds of meters away.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you wouldn't be able to see the types of radar reflectors that you can curb you purchase online.
Speaker 5: Right, But then, to Ben's point, is there any increased efficacy to having large ones? And I think the answer is we don't know. We certainly don't see them for sale, which seems I don't see any reason why if they were helpful, they wouldn't exist for sale.
Speaker 3: True.
Speaker 4: You know, also there are different shapes, right, Yes, they're not all orbs. I'm just seeing some appear to be tubes, Yes, cylindrical.
Speaker 5: There are all kinds of different shapes, diamond in fact, I mean, right, I mean it's weird.
Speaker 2: It's look, this is weird.
Speaker 5: Guys.
Speaker 6: We got to get out of INTERTYCA. But I shared a link to the drive dot com. There's an article here from oh gosh, I think it was last year, last year, December twenty twenty two. It's who knows, But it's a story about China using these and military drills for specific purposes. But it's not to call attention to a vessel or a strategical location. It's to confuse enemy radar about what is at a certain location, strategic targets at a location, So you can put these up and if you're looking at it on radar from like a forty thousand foot view right overview of a battlefield or something, it's going to look like there's other stuff going on in that area, and it's not, you know, maybe other buildings, even depending on the configuration that you're putting out there, or in the case of Russia's military, there are other reports in here about making a fa bridge using radar reflectors, like strategically placed so it looks as though there's actually a structure that's built there.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 6: It feels like militaries could make use of these in intriguing and innovative ways.
Speaker 2: I just don't know all those ways.
Speaker 5: It makes sense.
Speaker 4: Bleed out the enemy's resources, right, they want to blow up bridges, so bad give them some pretend bridges.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And these are fairly cheap to make pieces of metal. That's what a radar reflector is, at least the most unsophisticated kind. So who knows. I do not think I have to say this brock. I do not think that thing that Ryan Graves and those pilot saw is this specific thing, because I don't I personally don't think it would be floating like that unless it was tethered to a balloon that was much higher in the sky than Ryan Graves and those guys could see, right, Because it could.
Speaker 2: Be like one of those minds.
Speaker 6: Remember we talked about one of the episode, the minds that were attached to a weather balloon and it was designed to have a pilot fly through the tether and.
Speaker 3: Then get caught.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean it could be something like that, But why in the heck would the military have one of those in an operating area for military drills.
Speaker 4: This is why we need to get our pilot licenses, you know what I mean. I'm so serious. Noel and I were talking about this off here. What was it was yesterday I got I got called on the spot about giving a timeline to this.
Speaker 3: So let's just say it publicly.
Speaker 4: I don't want us to be in a situation where we need to get into the sky and we don't know None of us knows how to fly a plan. Helicopters are going to be too complicated for me. That's on someone else. But by August next year, I just want to put it out there. I'm gonna lovefully have a pilot license. Yeah, well I'm also going to be broke from trying to get a pilot license.
Speaker 2: So well, good luck to you, sir.
Speaker 4: Indeed, if you guys buy, if you guys pay for lunch, then.
Speaker 3: May we can we can get a play.
Speaker 5: But yeah, it is.
Speaker 4: It is fascinating radar reflectors. I had no idea that was the thing me neither look.
Speaker 2: Up pictures of them. They're weird.
Speaker 6: Thanks so much, Brock, Thanks so much, night Shift.
Speaker 4: Big thanks, of course to Anonymous, Big thanks to mister Pooh poop peepee hands, and big big thanks again to everyone who has written in in the past. Big thanks to all of us who are going to join the show in the future.
Speaker 5: Indeed, and if you'd like to join the show in the form of conversation by writing in be included on one of these weekly listener mail episodes, you can do so by reaching out to us on various social media platforms, including the social media platform formerly known as Twitter, YouTube, and also Facebook, where you can find it to the handle Conspiracy Stuff on Instagram and TikTok. However, we're Conspiracy Stuff Show.
Speaker 6: If you want to be like Brocknest Monster in night Shift. Why not call one eight three three st dwytk. It's a voicemail system. You got three minutes, Please give yourself a cool nickname and let us know if we can use your message and voice in one of our listener mail episodes. If you got more to say than could fit in those three minutes, you got links, you got pictures, you got anything, why not instead send us a good old fashioned email.
Speaker 9: We are conspiracy at iHeartRadio dot com.
Speaker 6: Stuff they don't want you to know is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.