Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Jetty and no, he Armstrong and Jetty.
Speaker 3: You know, he has a mode that's engineering mode, where he can do things like figure out how to do a rocket landing up right and catch it with the arms.
Speaker 2: And he has a very getty mode and a silling mode.
Speaker 3: But he also has what one of his friends calls demon mode, which is when he gets really dark and he's really intense about something, there's no distracting him and he can leave a lot of rubble in his way.
Speaker 4: Now that's Walter Isisigson talking about Elon Musk. Walter Isikinson was the official biographer for Elon. He followed to Elon around for like six months or something, all day and night. And the bigerrapy is supposed to be great. I haven't read it, I mean to, but that probably fits in with a little bit of his Asperger's thing, where he can just lock in on something and really focus on it that way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, no doubt.
Speaker 1: So. Elon Musk definitely one of the big personalities around the Trump administration. Another one of note would certainly be JD. Vance and Jack, you have been one of the few people, if not the only, one I've heard railing through the years about how poorly Republicans do defending a conservative governing philosophy when they go on the idiotic and hard to watch Sunday talk shows. Yeah, it's as if they feel like, well, I don't want to be like unpopular or make anybody uncomfortable, so I'll just pretend like they're eighty percent right and maybe nip around the edges and then apologize for it. I mean, it's true, profoundly annoying. Well, JD ain't that, and I have really enjoyed his aggressive spokesmanship for or Trump and conservative values. In the rest of it. I don't agree with him on everything. He's another guy that I'm not exactly sure what he believes it is core, but he's a wily operator and he's certainly on the rise. Anyway, he was on Face the Nation with the utterly insufferably smug, snotty lefty Margaret Brennan, and she, in her insufferable way, asked them several questions that I thought he parried with great skill.
Speaker 2: We'll start with the clip thirty four.
Speaker 5: Michael, you campaign on lowering prices for consumers. We've seen all of these executive orders, which one lowers prices.
Speaker 6: We have done a lot and there have been a number of executive orders that have caused already jobs to start coming back into our country, which is a core part of lowering prices. More capital investment, more job creation in our economy is one of the things that's going to drive down prices for all consumers, but also raised wages so that people can afford to buy the things that they need.
Speaker 2: If you look of.
Speaker 6: Executive orders, No, no, Margaret, prices are going to come down, but it's going to take a little bit of time. Right that the president has been president for all of five days, I think that in those five days he's accomplished more than Joe Biden did in four years. It's been an incredible breakneck pace of activity.
Speaker 2: We're going to work with Congress.
Speaker 6: We're of course going to have more executive.
Speaker 2: Orders, so prices aren't going to come down.
Speaker 4: Margaret Brennan, who didn't understand what inflation even was during the entire inflationary period, all of a sudden now as that angle is an expert yet.
Speaker 1: He's had five days, so I haven't prices come down? I mean, I mean, these shows are so just shamelessly partisan, but everybody knows that, so I won't bother repeating it.
Speaker 2: But unbelievable.
Speaker 1: A Republican's on, it's one hundred percent adversarial, but Democrats on it's practically love making.
Speaker 2: I have to avert my eyes. It's embarrassing. Get a role you two. I love this though, he goes on next clip.
Speaker 6: One of the main drivers of increased prices under the Biden administration is that we had a massive increase in energy prices. Donald Trump has already taken multiple executive actions that are going to lower energy prices, and I do believe that means consumers are going to see lower prices at the pump and at the grocery store. But it's going to take a little bit of time. Rome wasn't built in a day, and while we've done a whole lot, we can't undo all of the damage of Joe Biden's presidency.
Speaker 5: There are a lot of things that contributed to higher energy prices, and there was record oil and gas production, bid many terrible.
Speaker 6: Things to lead to an increase in prices.
Speaker 1: I agree, Margaret, but still insisting that inflation can be turned round in a one week or less period.
Speaker 5: She plunged on, all the things you experienced at the grocery store are what people touch and field. This week you were talking about bacon on the campaign trail.
Speaker 2: Of course, of course those things.
Speaker 5: When do consumers actually get to touch and feel a difference.
Speaker 2: In their lives?
Speaker 6: Well, Margaret, how does bacon get to the grocery store. It come on trucks that are fueled by diesel fuel. If a diesel is way too expensive, the bacon's going to become more expensive. How do we grow the bacon? Our farmers need energy to produce it. So if we lower energy prices, we are going to see lower prices for consumers.
Speaker 2: And that is what we're trying to fight for. There you go, he's better at that than Pence was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and if you took one week Vicon one oh one, all that makes perfect sense to you.
Speaker 4: But it's far beyond Margaret's ken. Different topics, same show, same people. They got into the immigration stuff, and there's one particular clip I wanted to get on, but this is how it started.
Speaker 6: We're going to enforce immigration law. We're going to protect the American people. Donald Trump promised to do that, and I believe the US Conference of Catholic Bishops that they're worried about the humanitarian costs of immigration enforcement. Let them talk about the children who have been sex trafficked because of the wide open border of Joe Biden, talk about people like Blac and Riley who are brutally murdered. Support US doing law enforcement against violent criminals, whether they are legal immigrants or anybody else, in a way that keeps us safe.
Speaker 4: So the sex trafficking thing which has happened, of course, because that's part of what cartels do and all that, but that is also a big topic for a certain segment of.
Speaker 2: The right that believes there.
Speaker 4: Are hundreds and hundreds of thousands of kids being sex trafficked by the Democratic Party because they're all pedophiles. That's part of that whole qnon thing, which I don't have a sense of how big that is, but it's out there. But anyway, back to the real world, here's a little more on that topic.
Speaker 6: Let me ask this question Mark, let's separate the immigration issue.
Speaker 2: If you had a.
Speaker 6: Violent murder in a school, of course, I want law enforcement to go and get that person.
Speaker 2: Out of cour It's the point of the question.
Speaker 5: You change the regulation this week, That's the point of.
Speaker 2: The question exactly.
Speaker 5: Giving the authority to go into church exact to school the empowered law enforcement to enforce the law everywhere to protect Americans. Fact a chilling effect, arguably to people to send their.
Speaker 2: Pods to desperately effect.
Speaker 5: The US Conference of Catholics bishops are actively hiding criminals.
Speaker 6: I think the US Conference of Catholic Bishops has frankly not been a good partner in common sense immigration enforcement that the American.
Speaker 2: People voted for.
Speaker 6: And I hope again as a devout Catholic, that they'll do better.
Speaker 4: He is a devout Catholic, and I guarantee you there are Catholic churches where they're hiding illegals and some.
Speaker 2: Of them are criminals. Garrant freak indeed, yes, correct, Ah, we were talking about this earlier. For whatever reason.
Speaker 4: Year by year, little by little, we built this idea that illegal immigrants are something I don't know, that they're just untouchable as a group because the Dreamers, and you know the poem at the bottom of the Statue of Liberty and all.
Speaker 2: These dracs way better than all.
Speaker 4: Of immigrants, and got away from the idea that if you had somebody in the mafia and you knew they were going to show up to a funeral of another mafia member, you'd show up with the freaking funeral and arrest them. But with the little immigrants, we decided we wouldn't do that for some reason. And Margaret Brennan, but the chilling it'll effect, it'll have on nut sending your kids to school.
Speaker 2: Hey, if you did nothing wrong, don't worry about it, send your kids to school. I wouldn't be killing her.
Speaker 1: We're just getting the criminals, just the criminals. I need to come up with this. Maybe y'all can help me with this. There's a term, there's and just the you know, a great term is always good because it's easier to sell an idea. But the idea is these people, be they Margaret Brennan or somebody in the media, they act like you coming in with the mop and the broom and cleaning up the terrible mess they made, that you're the bad guy. Call them antijenitorialists or something.
Speaker 2: I don't know. You understand what I'm.
Speaker 1: Talking about, Yeah, they create a horrifying mess. They put porn on school shelves, hardcore porn, and then you say, gosh, we got to get this porn out of here. And they say, you're a censor, you're hurting free speech, you're a buck burner because you're cleaning up the mess they made. There's got to be a way to convey that to people simply, and how how I'm tired of it.
Speaker 4: It's a damn good tactic from the left because it has worked pretty well.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Wow, we've let in millions of illegal immigrants, including many who are very dangerous. They're known criminals. They did crimes in their country. They came here, they did more crimes. They're creating more and more victims. They're awful, awful human beings, but you doing anything to get rid of them is too ugly.
Speaker 2: We won't have it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I wish you would have just turned it on, or like, what, what's your reasoning for making schools and funerals off limits to arresting criminals? Of course she would say the chilling effected. But what you're talking about a chilling effect on people who are criminals.
Speaker 2: That's I don't know.
Speaker 4: I can't control the way they react, but they're not at fault and they don't have to worry about it.
Speaker 1: Chill the criminals all you want. I'm pro chill. Yes, let's get our chill on.
Speaker 4: And besides the fact that I wish, I wish, polls are always used by the left when they're in their favor, throw that New York Times poll letter. Hey, Margaret, eighty five percent of Americans want us to boot out illegals who have a criminal record. Eighty five percent. If you want to speak for the fifteen percent and present their side, go ahead.
Speaker 1: But you're doing that. But I'm on pretty solid ground here. Yeah, And she's trying to in. The left is the far left, and nutty left is trying to portray it that Ice is gonna shoot their way into a second grade classroom to apprehend somebody.
Speaker 2: That's not gonna happen. Not gonna happen.
Speaker 1: Venezuel and gang member drops his kid off school and then heads on out. That's when they're gonna snatch them up. Anyway. So back to a question you post. It may have beenrhetorical, but I take everything literally. The more wacky dutally among us. How many people are there you know, some fairly simple mathematics would tell you that a tenth of a percent of the people of the United States is three hundred and forty thousand people, and if every single one of them is online tweeting constantly about some issue, you would get the idea that it's just everybody thinks it and it's of enormous importance. But that's the problem with the Internet. I think it gives you an outsized view of how many people believe something in a way that if you're just experiencing it in your own life, you'd never get that sense.
Speaker 4: There's bluing on and QAnon. They're both out there and they have outsized voices in social media. Yes, I wish we would all recognize that, but maybe we can't.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, I hope we will. I hope we'll learn to deal with it and or just come join my Joe get back to nature camp where we get rid of our technology and smartphones and cavort in the woods. I mean, the cavorting is optional. It's not mandatory to cavort the fine covort.
Speaker 2: I don't gotta. I think it'd be to play happily.
Speaker 4: Woody Allen says in his fantastic memoir. I've never frolicked in a meadow, and I have no desire to. You know, frolicking is cavorting plus, but they're similar. I mean, one man's frolic is another's cavort. Who might have judged, Okay, we got more in the way. You stay here.
Speaker 7: The powerful winter storms striking southern California worries any heavy rain and burn scar areas could trigger mud slides. Crews deploying concrete barriers to protect homes. Making neighborhoods safe a painstaking process, including removing hazardous waste and dangers posed by damaged utility infrastructure.
Speaker 4: Hmm. Some of those dangers are why they tell you you can't go back to your house. I guess, oh yeah, oh yeah, absolutely. That's always cautious about that. That's always a tough one for me. The I mean, nothing is more individual freedom than me being able to go to my freaking house, right us A. That's a tough one, and the government steps in between those two things.
Speaker 2: Anyway.
Speaker 4: Among the topics that came up between Donald Trump and Mayor Bass on Friday when he was in California, I haven't heard this yet, but I guess it's pretty jazzy.
Speaker 3: But the people are willing to clean out their own debris. They you should let them do it because another time you hire contractors, it's going to be two years.
Speaker 4: If a family.
Speaker 3: People are willing to get a dumpster and do it themselves and clean it out, and they can have not that much left. It's all incinerated, that's right, and you know it's just going to take a long time.
Speaker 2: If you do, you can do some of it. But a lot of these people. I know that guy right there that's talking. I know my people.
Speaker 3: You'll be in that thing tonight throwing the stuff away, and your site will be it'll look perfect within twenty four hours.
Speaker 2: And that's what he wants to do.
Speaker 3: He doesn't want to wait around for seven months till the city hires some demolition contract.
Speaker 2: That's it's going to charge him twenty five thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: To do his lot.
Speaker 2: I think you have to.
Speaker 3: You have emergency powers, just like I do, and I'm exercising my emergency powers.
Speaker 2: You have to exercise them also.
Speaker 3: I did exercise them because I look, I mean, you have a very powerful emergency power and you can do everything within twenty four hours.
Speaker 4: Yes, that is so awesome. You never hear politicians talk like that.
Speaker 1: That is fantastic, only Karen Bass claiming people can clean up their own property.
Speaker 2: It's fine. Yeah, well, I'm sure, no problem. That's also I'll bet that was a glimpse into way back in the day eighties Trump being at some meeting where they're trying to build something somewhere in New York when he was just a developer. But that was a good glimpse of that.
Speaker 1: And somebody's trying to give him the old Jimmy Jack, the old Heidi Ho trying to you know, you know, it's fast talking, and he's like, no, no, I want to see it happen.
Speaker 2: It needs to happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, here's a resident of Pacific Palisades responding to the people can go back to their home site and clean it up.
Speaker 4: I haven't been able to get to the house since January seventh.
Speaker 2: Fis January twenty fifth. President Trump said that we could go.
Speaker 4: Now, what's going on, I'm not too sure.
Speaker 2: So unfortunately with us we play that year with LAPD.
Speaker 4: They kind of talked to our command in our command's house, is what LAPD says. So LAPD is saying I can't go to my house.
Speaker 2: Without a police escort. Yeah, you could get to your house, but you can need a police house by stuff. And how long does that take? I'm not too sure. So there's a lot of folks running against the US right now, so it could even be like a hour or two trying to get to the US. But why can't I just drive up there? Because it's a hard letter. Like I said, there's only escorts going that care. It's not that I'm preventing you from going to.
Speaker 6: I know you literally are preventing you from going mouse.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you you can go get a police escort to get to your office. I'm not telling you can't. Okay, where do I go the police escort store?
Speaker 4: That's cutting pretty thin. No, no, No, you're free to go to your house. You just need to police escort. And then how do I get that? You go over there and you gotta can in line, and yeah you can't. They're gonna tell you no, give you the old Jimmy Jack.
Speaker 2: That's what they did, all right. I hate that.
Speaker 4: I hope I never in that situation. Could I would lose my ass. That's my freaking house. I have to pay ten property taxes on this thing.
Speaker 2: It's all my stuff. Let me go.
Speaker 1: I'm a grown ass man. I can properly appraise whether it's safe or not. I'm pretty good at it. You'll notice I'm still alive. So yeah, but you know, the individual cops are in a bad position.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, sure, No, no, no, no, that individual guy, he's got no choice. He'd lose his job if he doesn't do what he's told. So no, I get the mayor claiming, of course she's claiming that.
Speaker 1: Oh god, dang it, lion liar go back to visit to Cuban Castro again.
Speaker 8: Karen Armstrong and Geeddy hurts.
Speaker 2: I'veer settling the first down. He pitches it out to Parkley, takes off to the outside. He's at the fifty, he's at the forty, he's at the thirty.
Speaker 1: He's gonna down fifty ten fuck touch down sequent Parkley sixty yards.
Speaker 2: But was opening touched. He touched it, and he took it to the house. It's as simple.
Speaker 4: As that, as the Eagles call. Obviously, the Philadelphia Eagle is going to be in the Super Bowl against the Kansas City Chiefs in two weeks.
Speaker 2: In Super Bowl fifty.
Speaker 4: Nine, and uh, one of my somebody I'm friends with who actually works in the NFL said, it seems like the Chiefs like weren't really paying attention until the playoffs started, which might be true.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I think anybody who's ever observed your dynasty teams knows it gets it gets tougher and tougher to focus in the games that don't matter that much.
Speaker 4: Right, and get yourself worked up to that fever pitch you have to be in professional athletes to like really compete anyway, that could be a pretty exciting game. I'm excited because Tom Brady is announcing the Super Bowl. He's the color commentator for the Super Bowl. I heard him for the first time last week. I had, you know, he signed this one hundred million dollar contract or whatever it was for Fox, and then I heard a lot of negative comments about him early on. And I heard him the first time last week. I thought he was great. As a casual fan. He told me all kinds of things that I didn't know and wouldn't know unless he was letting me know.
Speaker 2: So I enjoyed it a lot. And then I said, I don't love him, don't hate him. You don't like him. You don't know, I thought, I really enjoyed it. I didn't even know who it was.
Speaker 4: I was listened to the whole thing and just kept thinking, Oh, that's really interesting, that's really And then I figured out it was Don Brady.
Speaker 2: I thought, oh cool.
Speaker 1: I also understand that that job, as other jobs that are in the same industry, are harder than they look. And I think he'll grow into it. I just I can't work up like hating somebody because I don't love their color commentaries.
Speaker 2: Just he's okay.
Speaker 4: One thing he does, though, that I'd never heard an announcer do, and I didn't think this was particularly good. Is he just he's so cruel to the people when they make mistakes. Oh, And I thought, I don't know that you need to do that. Everybody's not you, dude. And what it reminded me of is when Michael Jordan left basketball to go play baseball and he didn't really succeed at it. Then he came back to basketball and they asked some of the players on the team, is he any different since he came back, And some of the players, I think, even Steve Kurruz, the coach for the Warriors now said yeah, he's a little more forgiving now. He used to think like if if somebody made a mistake, it's because they weren't trying hard. And now he realized you can be trying really, really hard sometimes and not succeed, right, it's not effort. And I think Tom Brady's that way because I heard him make a couple of comments about players, and it's like, dude.
Speaker 2: Everybody's not you.
Speaker 4: Everybody doesn't see everything all the time before it happens. You're won in a gazillion even other pro athletes might miss something now and then take it easy, Michael.
Speaker 1: You know what we're listening to right now, don't you the sound of a loser?
Speaker 2: That's right, a loser.
Speaker 1: If you want to build a merciless football machine that snaps up Super Bowl trophies like average teams snaps up wins, you're gonna have to be merciless.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, to be the player, but not the announcer.
Speaker 4: I think so, like this cornerback missed something like that, and Tom Brady on the replace said, dude, you had one job, and I thought, that's not what Troy Aikman would have said. Trouckman, who said he missed on that play. He didn't see him, he didn't he was looked the other way or something like that. Yeah, not like how could you possibly screw that up?
Speaker 2: Which is hurtful anyway. Yeah, I find it entertaining. You do you like it? Yeah? A little bit. Yeah, And I just like to hear standards.
Speaker 1: In Jack Armstrong's America, every game would end one hundred to one hundred or zero to zero, just just soft, softest.
Speaker 2: He did that.
Speaker 4: Brady did that with some of the calls Detroit coaches made, like how do you not call a time out there? What are you thinking?
Speaker 8: It?
Speaker 2: Just oop?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well he's probably the best ever. So yeah, he has high standards. Yeah. So on a completely unrelated note, got this from alert listener PJ and I just sent it hands and so we can post it at Armstrong and Geeddy dot com. It's one of the strangest and most disturbing things I've seen, certainly in the last little bit. It is Harry Potter, The Harry Potter Movies recast as a North Korean propaganda music video, The Harry Potter Stories recast as a North Korean propaganda music video.
Speaker 2: Again, that tired job.
Speaker 1: I know why, who thinks of these things? Why who bothers to do them? But it is a measure of how wonderfully disturbingly strange technology is getting. And all the characters kind of look like the characters, but if they were North Koreans and full of bizarro Kim Jong Uni patriotic fervor. It's so freaking strange. And it'll be under hotlinks at Armstrong and giddy dot com.
Speaker 2: Check that out.
Speaker 1: The other thing I wanted to talk about, and this is somewhat surprising that NPR would be writing about this, although they probably have some angle that I just haven't discovered yet. But in the past three decades, the number of Americans who are on disability has skyroted.
Speaker 4: Is that whole thing is so out of control, the world of disability. It's just completely out of control.
Speaker 1: I was just going to say, we need to trot out this topic, maybe get some emails and some texts, and then bring it up in full tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Bop.
Speaker 1: The rise is come even as medical advances have allowed many more people to remain on the job and new laws have banned workplace discriminations against the disabled. Every month, fourteen million people now get a disability check from the government fourteen million. Federal government spends more money each year on cash payments for disabled former workers than it spends on food stamps and welfare combined. Yet relying on disability payments and people who do are often overlooked and discussions of the social safety net.
Speaker 2: And often, because I know this is true, often at your back in your neck, which is something they can't really tell you.
Speaker 4: Your back and neck don't hurt. If you say you're back and neck new hurt right, Nobody, no doctor can say near back doesn't hurt that bad. If you say it really really hurts, it really really hurts, and you're on disability.
Speaker 1: As I've recently discovered in my journey through back problems and treatment, Yeah, there's a lot of gray area, tremendous gray area. As one well respected back doctor said to me, I have patients whose spines are a mess and they're mildly uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: And I have patients too.
Speaker 1: It doesn't look that bad on the X rays, on the catscans whatever, and they can barely walk.
Speaker 2: There are also patient mystery.
Speaker 4: As I work the cruel side of the street, the uncool side of the street, there are also patients who don't really have any pain, but they're claiming their back hurts so they can get a disability.
Speaker 2: Check and then they're right going to go scheme.
Speaker 1: Interestingly, because people who get disability checks or technically not part of labor force, they're not counted among the unemployed, so they don't show up when you're looking at how the economy is doing. And again, interestingly, as in pr of all places puts it, the story is not only of an aging workforce but also of a hidden, increasingly expensive safety net. Uh yeah, yeah, so you know, I will dig into this more thoroughly and we can follow up on it. But yeah, what's your experience? What do you as an employer? As an employee is someone to who's got a disabling injury?
Speaker 2: Whatever's what's the reality mail.
Speaker 1: Bag at armstrong in getty dot com if you want to drop us an email.
Speaker 4: My dad was big on this when he first retired, and they were in kind of a community where most of the people owned the homes around there just were retired and so many of them were disabled on disability is how they retired, and from him's observation, they seemed to be living life like everybody else, I mean perfectly fine, mowing the lawn, going on hikes, riding bikes, whatever else. Which you know, how disabled should you be to get a government check?
Speaker 2: I guess it's a question. Well, yeah, you can't work at all.
Speaker 1: At all, And they introduce you to a twenty three year old guy who flipped his jeep ah several ways, then flew one hundred and sixty five feet from it, going through twelve to fourteen thousand volts of electrical lines, then landing in a briar patch. He says, I broke all five of my right toes, my right hips, seven of my vertebrae, shattering one, breaking a right rib, puncturing my lung, and then I cracked my neck.
Speaker 2: Other stories seemed less clear, and he.
Speaker 1: Was talking to people in Hale County, Alabama, who are just like, yeah, my back hurts when I try to work, so it don't work anymore. But no specific you know, injury or whatever.
Speaker 2: He says.
Speaker 1: People don't seem to be faking this pain, but it gets confusing. I have back pain. My editor has a herniated disk, and he works harder than anyone I know. There must be millions of people with asthmen diabetes, who go to work every day. Who gets to decide whether, say, back pain makes someone disabled.
Speaker 4: I don't know many dudes who don't have back pain, who aren't doing some sort of stretching regimen or taking some sort of drug or handsome. You might practically everybody I know who's over forty Yeah, So how much you want to emphasize that or if you really want to get out of working, I don't know how hard it would be to get on disability.
Speaker 2: I really don't.
Speaker 1: Stretch, friends, stretch, stretch as much as you can stand.
Speaker 2: It is the key.
Speaker 1: Share of newly disabled workers by diagnosis. In nineteen sixty one, back pain and other muscular little skeletal problems was eight percent of disabled workers new disabled workers.
Speaker 2: Now it's thirty four percent.
Speaker 4: Part of it is cultural too, and I don't want to be super hard ass, but there was a time when as a guy, you wouldn't want to admit pain.
Speaker 2: Now it's kind of a badge of honor.
Speaker 4: It's like a lot of things where you wouldn't want to admit your depressed, wouldn't want admit your anxious, wouldn't want to admit you know, maybe we were too far in the other direction at one point, I don't know, boy, we aren't now you like to be. I'm overwhelmed by.
Speaker 1: This person, right right, Mental illness, developmental disability, et cetera. Nine and a half percent back in the day. Now it's nineteen percent, and heart disease, stroke, etc. As shrunk from twenty six percent to about eleven percent.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: It's on the other hand, though, I'll make the other side of the argument. Specifically around kids, I've noticed, and I've noticed this for a long time, and I has noticed this specific yesterday as we're runing to mans. My kids have levels of anxiety that were unthinkable for me and my brothers. The things that they worry about just I never did. I just never worried about it, and they worry about it. And I don't know, like if it's something I passed on to them environmentally by good living in my house, or if it's the food they eat or cell.
Speaker 2: Phone towers, you know, the same questions we always have around there.
Speaker 4: But it's clearly they have anxiety about things that I just never did.
Speaker 2: And I was thinking a lot about that yesterday. Where does that come from? And it's such an enormous phenomenon.
Speaker 1: You'd think we'd have more serious inquiries into it going on. It's tough because your memory gets you know, shifted and clouded and all as you age. We've talked about that many times and it's fascinating and troubling. But let's have a round table of gen xers about childhood and what they worried about and what they didn't worry about, and friends and activities, and then have you know, the youngsters of today do it.
Speaker 2: Let's compare and contrast and have our greatest minds trying to figure this out.
Speaker 1: We've made our kids nuts, including you know, a couple of my kids in particular, struggle with a lot of this stuff. And they were very, very free rangey kids by modern standards, because I'm always talking about how being a free range kid is incredibly important to building resilience and confidence and problem solving and the rest of it. My kids were, but they struggled with a lot of this stuff too.
Speaker 2: And I'm.
Speaker 1: I microplastic very very good. If we could figure it out, it might be microplastics, sure could be.
Speaker 4: We'll finish strong next.
Speaker 8: President Trump was sworn back into office on Monday, but he appeared to not place his hand on the Bible. Well, he tried to, but the Bible screamed. The bible Trump used was the same one him. Lincoln used that his inauguration, And man, I wish those two could talk to each other.
Speaker 2: Lincoln could teach.
Speaker 8: Trump a lot about the importance of preserving our union, and Trump could teach Lincoln how to turn your head at the exact right moment.
Speaker 2: That is an edge of joke. I'll admit that's a dark joke. Too soon, I'm looking up at Fox growing calls to add Trump's face to Mount Rushmore. Come on, I'm.
Speaker 4: Glad Trump won, even more glad a week into it. But that's just a dumb conversation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that could go side by side with the story impeach Trump movement is back in raising money right.
Speaker 2: Right, right right.
Speaker 4: So I think this week they're going to get around to RFK Junior and his nomination for Health and Human Services or whatever he's up for. Some things you might not know about RFK Junior. For instance, he did an interview with Michael Steele, former Republican Committee Chairman. I think this was on MSNBC the r NC. Yeah, when RFK said he was asked about abortion and limits on abortion, RFK said, I believe we should leave it to the woman. We shouldn't have the government involved. Steele said, even if it's full term. RFK said, even if it's full term, okay, that's quite a stance.
Speaker 2: That's infanticide, okay.
Speaker 4: He tweeted out Parkland students are right, the NRA is a terror group. That's an RFK Junior tweet still on his site. Do you you okay with that? If you're a Trump support and right leaning gun ontoker, you probably are in a on our n RA a fan call him a terror group. RFK Junior once said farmers were worse than Ben and Laden, and that was just months after nine to eleven.
Speaker 2: What was his point there?
Speaker 4: The damage they do to UH, to society and killing people with the food. More people are killed by farmers, farmers and our food.
Speaker 1: I mean, if you want to say, like the big food manufacturers, maybe, but the farmers.
Speaker 4: Wall Street Journal with the peace out about that? How to rationalize a nominee who rejects basic science, who labels US farmers a greater threat than al Qaeda, who wants to punish climate deniers through government action, loves big government and believes abortion should be okay up until full term. It's going to be a hard thing to get through, I think with the Republicans.
Speaker 2: But we'll see.
Speaker 9: Down strong, Down strong. Ready.
Speaker 2: I love that one. Here's your host for final thoughts to Joe Geddy. It's perfect.
Speaker 1: Hey, let's get a final thought from everybody on the crew to wrap things up.
Speaker 2: There he is back in his post, Michael Angelo. Michael final thought.
Speaker 10: So I to make it clear, I was gone because it was cataract surgery. My eyes are I'm getting a lot of texts about people accusing me of having certain enlargements or weird operations and just knock it off.
Speaker 4: You're gonna explain some of that during the One More Thing podcast, are you not?
Speaker 2: I am? Yeah? Cool, And he's not Michelle Angelo.
Speaker 1: In spite of the rumors I may have started Katie Greener esteemed news person as a final thought for us.
Speaker 11: Katie, the fact that they want to think that the farmers are making us fat and killing us is hilarious to me because unfortunately my algorithm online has been showing me feeders lately.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you know what these are.
Speaker 11: There are women that are gorging themselves with fast food or likes.
Speaker 2: That's called a feeder. H what I'll elaborate later. What are I to get turned on by good old fashioned secks? Yeah, let's let's get into that during the One More Thing podcast.
Speaker 4: Also JACKI thought, yeah, speaking of that, why are we overweight?
Speaker 2: I was at a breakfast place yesterday.
Speaker 4: Their big advertisement on the chalkboard outside pumpkin pancakes topped with torch to marshmallows and pumpkin syrup to your coffee.
Speaker 2: That's plenty of pumpkin in my morning. Yikes.
Speaker 1: My final thought is, you know, I don't really have time to explain it.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: If your doesn't matter for putting pumpkin syrup in your coffee, Armstrong gettum plate up pancakes with syrup all over, you eat more in your coffee.
Speaker 4: Jumbo, Armstrong and Getty wrapping up another grueling four hour workday.
Speaker 1: So many people think so little all the time. Go to Armstrong e Giddy dot com man some of the hot links. You gotta go watch that Harry Potty Harry Potter North Korean video thing.
Speaker 2: It's just it's bizarre.
Speaker 4: You don't need more Jumbo, see you tomorrow, God bless America.
Speaker 2: I'm strong and getty. I can imagine what can be and be unburdened by what has been. You've got to be kidding me. Yeah, it's absolutely Oh okay, it's one hundred on the crazy meter.
Speaker 8: Away.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna call my lawyer. Get the hell out of here.
Speaker 4: I haven't said a word, so stop yelling at me.
Speaker 2: You can't handle for disc I can't handle the volume. This is no time for mamby pambyasm. You're at one birthponent that I know. They are very armstrong and getty