Speaker 1: So he's like, well, like, what are you doing, coach, Like where's your car? Like we'll walk you that way, and he's like, oh, it's just I don't know. I was going to walk back, and we're like, the defensive coordinator for the Philadelphia Eagles is not walking back to the hotel right now, Get in the.
Speaker 2: Car with us.
Speaker 3: Calm Down with Aeron and Carissa is a production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Hey Girl, it's over. The season is over, which makes me sad and happy and all the emotions.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the Calm Down Podcast post super Bowl party.
Speaker 2: What's happening? It's funny.
Speaker 3: I was thinking how you go from a week which we're going to dive into about like not wanting to talk too much, saving your voice, to today.
Speaker 2: I wanted to.
Speaker 3: Call everyone and help them, I miss them and recap all I want to do. It's like when you have a fun vacation or like a crazy night out.
Speaker 2: I just want to recap.
Speaker 1: My text chain with the Kickoff Boys started at six am with shregs firing away literally like all these text messages, which were great, and then I just went and I go Mike Vick studying for spring practice. Poor guy's already like onto his next coaching assignment, and he's still inundated with text.
Speaker 2: I have so much discuss.
Speaker 3: I send one to Brady and Burkhart of and I sent it to you. To the footage in the Eagles locker room of Landon Dickerson from the O line with an ivy and a beer in his hand.
Speaker 1: Incredible, awesome, that was like amazing. That looked like us in Tuloom one year, I think is what was going on there? All right, we have a lot to discuss, so wonderful producer Ryan and Kurt they know that we'll go off topic, so we've created a way for it, a rundown to keep us organized with all of our thoughts.
Speaker 2: We're going to start with We're gonna start from the beginning.
Speaker 1: So obviously anybody that's listened to this podcast before knows how much Aaron and I get excited, like you should to cover a super Bowl, and especially because this is the last one we're going to be actually broadcasting on Fox for the next foze. We kept talking about it all week, like, even if you're tired, even if you're whatever, who cares, It's the Super Bowl. So let's start with choosing outfits.
Speaker 2: Today.
Speaker 1: I saw that video that you posted from the designer that made your outfits. I was like, this is probably the most incredible thing I've ever seen. So how did you choose your outfit? What went into it?
Speaker 2: Go?
Speaker 3: Sorry for the obnoxious videos that I am posting in photos, but this is our Oscars, guys, and for anyone that has any issues, look away or just fun fallet Yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to look hold on. I'm getting this note from the designer.
Speaker 3: Patricia Pepe did both of my outfits my pregame and my in game, and I loved it so much. And in style did this amazing kind of rundown of everything. Daniella, my stylist, what are your intentions? It was the much a.
Speaker 2: Great cruel intention, cruel summer.
Speaker 3: That's kind of what my inspiration for the little Boussie bodysuit was.
Speaker 2: It was so beautiful.
Speaker 3: I loved it so much, and I also loved it because she just took so much pride.
Speaker 2: In it and wanted to look special in it. It felt really fun.
Speaker 3: I will say this, Chrissa, you looked like an absolute knockout. You looked amazing in your sequin dress. But the thing people don't appreciate, appreciate about Chrissa. She had fucking heels on.
Speaker 2: The whole day. And our day started well.
Speaker 3: We were in here in makeup starting at about eight o'clock in the morning. But Carissa had her full blown outfit on before I left the hotel, so that was probably like.
Speaker 2: Five Yeah.
Speaker 3: She runs down in her number adorable, like amazing ball mod dress.
Speaker 2: I'll let you talk about it.
Speaker 3: But she had her heels on, you guys, she kept her heels on the whole day.
Speaker 2: I looked like I.
Speaker 3: Played on the defensive line for the Eagles or the offensive line for the Chiefs. I couldn't walk the net. I don't know how you do it, Carrie Bradshaw.
Speaker 2: But you did. I love you for that.
Speaker 1: But even in this old age, this old bottom line dragging around, I'm like, I don't care how much my dogs are barking. At the end of the day, I refuse to do the slip into the sandal move even if my feet hurts so bad, because I'm just I'm like, there is this thing I have with like when you're wearing so this dress. Thank you Victoria Feeling and Fox for helping me get dressed. And look and feel like it was to Aaron's point, our oscars because I'm like you, I'm not like a full like sequence kind of goaln naturally, like that's not really my vibe.
Speaker 2: But I'm like, it's the super Bowl, and we had a couple.
Speaker 1: Of different options, and even that morning, I'm like, Dominique, should I do this or should I do that?
Speaker 2: She's like the sequence? So it was blue.
Speaker 1: That's the other thing too, when picking it out, Obviously you're not gonna wear red, you're not gonna wear green. You want to make sure that you stay neutral in terms of the super Bowl people, you know, the teams that are playing. So anyways, I did love it. It's one of those things. Steve's so funny. He goes, should we frame that? And like hang it as like a jersey, and I go, no, we're not framing that. So I appreciate that compliments. That's very sweet. But I loved playing dress up for the day. And my favorite part of the whole day, as it is every super Bowl, is always just getting to do it with you, starting from the hair and makeup room, which was so fun. So you're fine, and you guys have to remember this too, is that we never get to get ready for a game together, right, We always see different places. This is our prom, yes, and I never had gotten ready with Aaron for my own wedding or anything like together to do like you know, the the fun, you know, get ready makeup stuff together. So anyways started together in the hair and makeup room. Boys are coming in and now Glazier Charles getting their hair like trimmed up, you know whatever or whatever. Glazier has no hair but like just you know, trimmed up and ready to go. Charles, fucking what's in God? Love? Only Charles can get away with this with Brady because of their relationship. Charles doesn't even see Brady because he's like looking at the wall and getting his hair trimmed, and he just hears Tom's voice and then says, you're drinking enough water, Tom, because Tom's always carrying around his water bottle. And Brady just says something smart as I'm back, and it was like such a fun I'm like, this is going to be a great day.
Speaker 2: So yeah, it was a good people day.
Speaker 3: Don't understand is Fox is so wonderful enough they all put they put us all in a hotel together and it's great. And then we kind of all have this meeting area and ours was on the third floor, and it's cool. They do meeting rooms and certain teams go certain places, like our crew, and then the the you know, the pregame show. But everyone ends up in the middle where there's a ton of coffee, there's food, and then there's a wardrobe room.
Speaker 2: To make up some of our cocktails. I was like, oh, I love us.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I don't know if you ate it. There was always walking chips in the afternoon and evening, which is phenomenal. But something about our hotel with these saltine crackers, they were like fried.
Speaker 2: Did you even Tom Brady was eating them? Oh my god? With this pimento cheese. Demento cheese is well. I was going to talk about pulling it in. It was fantastic, the pimento cheese.
Speaker 1: That's fairly funny because Shreg said during during our meeting our production meaning we had both the Kickoff crew and Stray and all the boys whatever.
Speaker 2: And he's like, Memento cheese, where are we? It was real.
Speaker 3: I didn't think it was delicious though, Yeah, Like saltines were like fried and crispy.
Speaker 2: And they were so amazing.
Speaker 3: But so anyways, we have this third floor and everybody, you know, it was cool because on Sunday we've all been there five six days.
Speaker 2: We're all tired, We've all you know, you don't sleep a lot. It was so funny. And went to work out today and people were like, do you have to go the whole time? Is it? Like? Is it RESTful?
Speaker 3: I'm like, no, you're lucky if you get six hours sleep at night, Like that's a good shift you can put in. And Sunday morning, the girls are already started their makeup. We've you know, those boys are our family, so you know, having your putting your extensions in in front of a Tom.
Speaker 2: Brady or I had eye patches in Nonsen, Right, it's not a big deal.
Speaker 3: And they're all walking in and out, and everyone was downstairs already on the third floor. Because I feel like we were like caged animals and we were like we're ready, like being a player, you know, I.
Speaker 1: Was just going to say, imagine them, Like all week long, I kept asking the boys that were lucky enough to play in Super Bowls on her crew.
Speaker 2: It was like, let's just play this fucking game. Already so but so much fun.
Speaker 1: Part of that process is getting ready together and being able to do it.
Speaker 2: But also what's so much.
Speaker 1: Fun is when your best friend's a hypochondriac and she is working the Super Bowl in front of one hundred and twenty six million viewers, she really doesn't want to get sick. So every day leading up to Sunday, I had that Oh my god, Oh my god, am I sick? Aaron, Thank god you made it through that without getting sick, because if you would have, I've been like, felt so bad for giving you a hard time. But you took every goddamn precaution to make sure that my gal was ready, including IVS.
Speaker 2: In the Eagles training room. Oh yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 3: I was really worried about any sort of flu, and there were people already going down in New Orleans and people on our team were getting sick, and I was.
Speaker 1: Like, oh Jesus, I got sick first day with you did so I d something poor Dominie, because I'm getting ready for the next Sirianni interview. I had to listen to me throw up in the other room because I had some kind of food bug.
Speaker 2: Thank god, it was quick in and out, but yeah.
Speaker 3: And we like, you have to also understand these events and dinners. And it's not like Chris and I were going to a ton of parties, but you.
Speaker 2: Walk in our hotel room.
Speaker 3: Our bar was a scene, so it was like people like hey, and in your face. One thing I'd like to say is I would like to publicly apologize to anyone that I quickly saw at the bar waved and ran. It wasn't you. It wasn't anything about you. I just wasn't breathing in anything. I felt like I was back to ten feet apart, like I.
Speaker 2: Was just very worry. Yeah, you don't want to be sick for the Super Bowl. No.
Speaker 3: I started by Wednesday getting a little tiny bit tickle in my throat. So it was really concerning to myself and Kevin Burkhardt. We were animals. I was four zincs a day. I was all these supplements, and you know, by Thursday, I was pretty run down, and like somebody else on our crew was six and I was like shit.
Speaker 2: And I looked at somebody with.
Speaker 3: The Eagles and I was like, I think I'm going to get sick, and they said, let's go hook me up to an IV and I was sitting there like I was freaking land in Dickerson on an IV trying to protect Jalen herds.
Speaker 2: I was trying to protect myself. It was wild Saturday night.
Speaker 3: I did barely slept because I was swallowing all this crap in my throat.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I'm going down. I'm going down.
Speaker 3: I was really ridiculous, even so much so you don't know this for my skin.
Speaker 2: Now I'm starting to break out.
Speaker 3: I had acne pills ready, I had creams ready. I brought lancets like if I had a white head, and which I did on Saturday night. You didn't tell me how right here, but I got to see that. I also had a medic I would let you have someone.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, if you think I want you to embarrass me in front of all of our friends to get that thing.
Speaker 3: I had a medspa ready and waiting if I got any cistic acne for a quarterzone shot.
Speaker 2: I was an animal super Bowl week animal.
Speaker 1: Well, it all worked out, and all the precautions were important because you were in front of one hundred and twenty six million people. Congratulations to Fox, by the way, ye wait, super Bowl it turned out. Oh oh up, took some unaccounted viewershot came somebody redo the graphic. I'm excited, but that's awesome. It is, I have to say. And not just because they you know, we work for them. Fox does an un frickin believable ol Michaels called me yesterday, my sweet Al Michaels, and just said, what an incredible job Fox does with these big events, Like no one can I say this respectfully and again maybe bias, whatever, they just do it.
Speaker 2: Just like Bourbon Street that scene out there.
Speaker 1: Then we had the scene in front of you know where our set was outside the super Dome, just like it's incredible and I don't even think that I mean, we can't even understand the magnitude of the planning, Kira, just like all these people that do so much for security, we charity around New Orleans. It is wild to think about how much goes into a Super Bowl. So shout out to Fox, not just because again we work for them. I would as a viewer, I would just sit back and watch and be like, that is a kick ass production.
Speaker 2: And it started for us.
Speaker 1: Earlier in the week when we found out that we were going to be a part of something that unfortunately was a tribute because of the horrific incident on New Year's Eve and New Year's Day in New Orleans and the tragedy that took place there. But Fox of course wanting to honor those victims and also everybody with the fires in California and in the Carolinas and Philadelphia and DC, and just shout out to our boss, Brad Zeger and all of sort of the brains behind that idea with Lady Gaga on Bourbon Street. So fill in the details because it was really incredible.
Speaker 2: On what would it have?
Speaker 3: We don't want to give away too much because I hope that Brad ends up giving an interview about how he was able to put this whole thing together. Kind of what we were all told as a as a group, all the talent was You're being picked up at the lobby at three point fifteen in the morning on Thursday. Everybody's like, huh huh. They provide us like all shirts and stuff to wear for either you know, Nola Strong, Chris and I wore LAFD proudly hats. It was amazing, But I don't think we really understood what we were in for until we all met downstairs and I mean it's all of us, eighty one year old, Jimmy Johnson, Jerry Bradshaw, all of us. We are all down there ready to go. They take us down to Bourbon Street. They had clothes shut down Bourbon Streets, one of the one of the streets, right, because that was really the timing. They could do it from four am. We were told to six am. And it was unbelievable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and Lady Gaga seeing her, you know, obviously we've always all been a fan, just whether it's you know, her as her own super I mean the Super Bowl performance that she had in Houston that year was unbelieved, but a huge Lady Gaga fan. But seeing her in the way that she worked up close and personal and her how what a perfectionist she is and that she wanted to do this and to pay tribute to everybody affected by all those horrific events over the past few months.
Speaker 2: It was incredible to watch.
Speaker 1: I hope you guys got a chance to see it, because it was really really special in a moment that I know I'll never forget watching and being a part of something like that, and being surrounded by first responders and nurses and doctors, you know, firefighters, policeman, all these incredible individual individuals that do so much in those moments of complete crisis and chaos. So beautiful tribute there, and she rushed it. Yeah, it was so good.
Speaker 3: It was really really good, and they played that in the stadium before the game, which was really exciting. I've come home and watched it a few times. I even showed Mackie Doodle doooo. It was fun and it's crazy. I was explaining it to Jared when we're standing there around the piano. It's not like they have speakers all around so we can hear her, but it's not like we can really hear with all the music and the singers, and we couldn't hear and see that until obviously we saw the final finished product, and it was so fun. Chris and I were standing together and we were swaying and the part she was hitting it and Charles was right with us.
Speaker 2: We were like, whoa awesome.
Speaker 1: And jewels and it was like we were just it was a really really cool moment in the wake of something so horrific. But the messaging, of course that Stray and Tom delivered so beautifully that that Brad was the director of Was That Come Together in the moments of crisis, And I cannot overstate this sports does that like nothing else.
Speaker 2: We've seen it. After nine to eleven, we've seen it when in.
Speaker 1: The worst of tragedies that people unite around sports. So it's one of the many reasons that we love it. So awesome stuff and that Bradzeger, well, well well done. So again, Aaron and I are going into full details just because I think people sometimes are curious. I want to pull back the curtain on the week that was. So the week also included some of our favorite things to do, which is sit down with these athletes and coaches, and they're so generous to give us time, especially during a Super Bowl week like that. So you got to sit down with Jalen Hurts. The interview was awesome. I love that moment when he turned the question back on you. I'll let you explain that for anyone that didn't get to see it, But really cool moment with him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess I had.
Speaker 3: Heard about it before, but his screensaver was and still up until they won the Super Bowl, was him walking off on Super Bowl fifty seven and the confetti falling down and redding gold and somebody on his team had taken a picture, not of that deliberately, but just of something and you saw him holding his phone. So then it got out. He spoke openly about it, and it, you know, drove him. And yeah, it was kind of fun because Jalen's a guy that you know, he's heard about it in Philly, like can he do it?
Speaker 2: You know, will he be able to pull it off?
Speaker 3: He's had eight million offensive coordinators and so I think I had just said to him something like, if you win this, do you think the critics will stop?
Speaker 2: And he goes, do you think they'll stop? And Oh, I like it? Uh huh. Now, you know, work's pretty straight, jam straight. So I liked that. Yeah, that moment.
Speaker 1: And I also the Tom Brady not Tom Brady, Michael Jordan and Jeter texts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was really cool. That was really cool.
Speaker 3: He had said after the NFC Championship he got two techs, one from MJ and one from Derek Jeter, And you know, we had heard from Derek Jeter, which was a pretty cool moment for these two gals. Friend of the show, Derek Jeter, the captain, our co worker, but yeah, Derek had just said I I told him, look, you know you're not done yet, you have one more left, go finish it.
Speaker 2: And that was pretty cool. I love the way it turned out.
Speaker 1: He is.
Speaker 2: He is a very honest guy, very soft spoken.
Speaker 3: To move it forward and then talk you can talk about Nick Sirianni standing there postgame interview. We had to wait for Nick Sirianni to do his postgame with Tom Rinaldi. And as we're standing there, the confetti was coming down and I was just like, I smacked him a few times on his chest pad because I was like, look at this, look at this.
Speaker 1: And then I was like, look at this. He's just taken it in. It was pretty cool, really really cool. I'd love to see the jacks. I always love this word, so I want to say it jex'supposition of like that emotion that you lose to the Kansas City Chiefs, that confetti's falling, that's your motivation, and now you're standing there and it's your confetti and they're walking off the field. It's just that's always the hard part. We talked about it earlier in the week when people were like, oh, who you want to pick and it's like I don't want anyone to lose, Like watching those Kansas City Chiefs walk off the field, like my heart hurt for them because I love you, know you as well. We had that moment with Chris Jones before the game. It came up and gave us a big hug. When you get when you are allowed to, you know, interview these guys and cover these guys and become friends and get close with them, just you don't want anyone to lose. So there's such that high and low of emotions. But that's always, you know, the worst in sports. But so Nick Sirianni, same storyline there has experienced both now and so congratulations coach to you, because there's a lot of noise around Nick Nick Sirianni, especially in a sports town like Philadelphia, that is, after their skid last year and losing those games at the end of the year and then they start the season two and two, there was a lot of chatta rangas we like to say, around fired Nick Sirianni and this whole thing. And now you've got a coach that is the only Eagles coach that's ever taken an Eagles team to two Super Bowls. And he's done it in his first four years, and there's still conversation of like, oh yeah, but it's this guy and this is this guy that does it, and it's like, you know, he's the head coach.
Speaker 2: Of your football team.
Speaker 1: So AJ Brown when we interviewed him postgame, had some great comments about him, and so did Saquan just the endorsement of their head coach.
Speaker 2: So sitting down with him prior.
Speaker 1: To the Super Bowl, it was cool to see because we had sat down two years ago in Arizona, and you.
Speaker 2: Could tell this was a different guy.
Speaker 1: Even if it was only two years removed, sitting in front of me that had a different level confidence. You know. I was like, okay, like I've been here before and now I wanted this result's got to be different and I'm ready. And he said in the last line of the interview that he was hungry before and now he was starving. So it's happy for him in that organization to come out victorious.
Speaker 2: So appreciate that. What else made we also have? Yeah we got the work element of Super Bowl week, but we also get to do behind the scenes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I this was a super Bowl I had in the past, had a good time and stuff like that. I think it's because am older bo super charged up about getting sick. I just was really good about Hey, I want it to be low key. I want to just be chill. You and I went to a dinner one night. We went to Chris Stapleton. That was really fun. But it wasn't like a lot of hooting and hollering for me. You know, it was pretty tame.
Speaker 2: It was a good It was a small, smaller venue, but we love him. He was great. I also too, I think that my.
Speaker 1: Maturity, I justized the opportunities don't come around that often to be able to cover a super Bowl that, like the last thing I wanted to do is because anyone that knows me knows I like to have fun. But now I'm learning to have fun responsibly where it's like I don't need to be at every part. By the way, like I'm there to wearing a cocktail dress. Yeah, I'm good a cocktail dress for dinner tonight night. I'm there to have I'm there to work, have fun. I love seeing my boys, even from Amazon, some of those guys are there. That's the thing too about super Bowl is like the convergence of everyone and you have to remember, Aaron and I have been in this industry twenty plus years almost, and so it's like, you know people this well.
Speaker 2: Chris Berman, you guys.
Speaker 1: I grew up watching Chris Berman and sitting on the couch with my dad on Sundays. And I was like, I want to do that. And just he looked at both of us and he's like, I'm really proud of you, guys. And it's just anyways, nut to make this about us, Guys's we're just going.
Speaker 2: To make this all about us.
Speaker 1: Yes exactly, it was our super Bowl, but it was, and so I just think it's that convergence of all of those people that you've worked with.
Speaker 2: Along the way or whatever. Anyways, it was awesome.
Speaker 1: But I always point out my favorite part of Super Bowl, and I've said it before on here, is getting to do this job alongside not always actually in person alongside you, but in parallel, and then to stand on the sidelines with you before you're about to do your first hit.
Speaker 2: It makes me tear up. It does a big deal.
Speaker 1: It does, and I just I am never it's never ever lost on me that we get to do this job just as individuals. But then when we get to do it together and I get to watch you on the world's biggest stage and you just shine bright. I just like a diamond. I just I'm always grateful for that, and I love you. And whoever got we got to post the picture, whoever took that picture of me hugging you after and cool to act us in it. I appreciate that. I yelled to see if I say, did you get Aaron and I on the sidelence? He goes, no, I go, God, damn it. You make you always. You always capture great moments. You missed this one. And it wasn't just you know, for I knew that we had those memories, but it's for me to put in a frame and like when we're old and gray and we aren't doing this anymore, to look back because it's really special.
Speaker 2: So I love you and it is really special. Oh my god.
Speaker 3: I we my producers really smart and creative this year. And he just said, hey, how about when the teams are out of the tunnel, let's have you with Patrick, Let's have Tom Rinaldi with Saquan.
Speaker 2: So I was like, okay, And I.
Speaker 3: Was just waiting, waiting, and they're doing the coming on the Kansas City Chiefs, and I'm like, holy fuck, Like, I've interviewed guys eight thousand times. I've talked to him eight thousand times. But then you're thinking of everybody that's standing there watching this, and you're just like, God, don't screw this up now. I felt like this year I took a different tone. Normally, I'm like, get so excited. I felt like it was a lot more chill. It was like Patrick this moment and even I saw somebody quote, fuck the internet trolls.
Speaker 2: I saw some quote you could tell Aaron and.
Speaker 3: Or Jalen Hurts interview was disappointed that Kansas City didn't win. I'm disappointed both teams didn't win. I actually was trying to slow down, beat chill.
Speaker 2: Instead of being like Hiylen.
Speaker 3: Bit, I was trying to be calm and like, because he's fucking calugh, he's not crazy and raw raw. So I was like, Jalen, we talked about that, you know, because you don't want the high pitched boy.
Speaker 1: It's whatever you do, and you're damned if you don't. If you show that you're excited, then you're too excited. If you aren't excited enough, and by the way. That's how I empathize with these athletes on that. It's like, you can't fucking win for nothing. That's like half the criticism. Yeah, yeah, yeah, go ahead, Oh you're good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I cut you off. I am.
Speaker 3: I feel bad for these athletes. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. I feel bad for the most famous, amazing woman in the world who fucking gets booed at this super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Get out of here. I mean, I sit here. Well, she's just like I love I love her.
Speaker 1: She holds these I mean, I'll probably she holds the record in every stadium, the attendance record in the Superdome as an in individual, as one individual standing up on that stage, rocking the world, and.
Speaker 2: You're gonna be look I get it, look at and.
Speaker 1: I say this, by the way, I love I love the fandom, like of like the Eagles are proud fans, so it's like they are going to hate her on that day even because you're rooting for your team.
Speaker 2: I mean, I can't imagine.
Speaker 1: Like I That's what I love so much about Kylie is like she's like, look, it's my brother in law, but like this is my team and I'm going to always root for his success, but not when they're playing the Eagles. And it's like I and Jason put it so eloquently, I mean, imagine that feeling.
Speaker 2: He then said, I now know how my parents feel.
Speaker 1: You know, where it's like you want this, but then you're also like I want that too, and when it's your family, it's hard. But yeah, Taylor, obviously we all know our Aaron and I's affinity for her, but she does she handles everything so well, and so does Travis. How many you know to answer all? I even said this to Julian uh and to Gronk. Actually we were sitting there was Travis was doing some posts, like doing press early on in the week, and I looked at those boys and I was like, damn, so he handles this still beating.
Speaker 2: Uh huh. He handles this so well.
Speaker 1: Like that is not I mean imagine like you and I like, if people kept asking us over and over the same question, we'd be like, Okay, we're good here again, just leave her alone, right, So they both handled with so much grace, and I just, uh, yeah, I didn't want anyone to lose.
Speaker 2: But that didn't either. The game that we cover has a loser and a shot.
Speaker 3: That they the shot that they have of him coming out of the locker room and now you know he was going up to the suite.
Speaker 2: I didn't.
Speaker 3: I was actually coming off the field and he was just walking out and I was kind of like walking and I was like fuck it, and I just turned around and I walked up to him because I.
Speaker 2: Was like, I don't want to bug him, but I was like, no, he's like, that's our friend and this really sucks.
Speaker 3: And I just walked up to him and he stopped and gave him big hag and I was just like, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 2: I love you. I'm so sorry. Like they're just they're humans too. This justin you know, and oh man.
Speaker 1: And then on the other side of that too, it's said I was so excited to have Saquon Barkley.
Speaker 2: He was we just had come on. We weren't even on the air yet.
Speaker 1: We're here in our ear you know, we're start We're coming on the air for the postgame show in thirty seconds, and so you're like, Okay, we're gonna get guys big picture thoughts reaction to this game. And then they're like, we're getting Saquon We're getting Saquon, and so I'm like great, They're like, well, come in with an aerial shot.
Speaker 2: At the Superdome. I go, no, just give a straight shot on him. That's all I care about.
Speaker 1: Like he's surrounded by all this press and he was walking with the trophy and his family and then he walks upon to set and I was so happy for him that this is a guy.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 1: We know all the storyline lines with Saquon, but you know, it's just that moment and to think about where he was a year ago to where he is now and I just couldn't be happy for him. And he went on his birthday, so we sang Happy Birthday to him and his fiance. He had his son and his daughter and then his fiance Anna there and I just was so happy for him. He is just a guy that has so much grace and gratitude. And it was really cute. He like, as I was like introducing him, I hett this moment and he like grabbed Charles shoulder and he was like my god. It was like so he was just so excited, so happy for him. Aj Brown, all those guys, all those guys, they are good, good dudes.
Speaker 2: And I love the d line. I love that offensive and we talk about defense. Okay, shits so crazy.
Speaker 1: Moment we are walking out of the stadium and so it's after postgame, so it's like, you know, the stadium's got cleared out, but like it's you know, starting to thin out.
Speaker 2: Most the crowd's left. Some people are here.
Speaker 1: Some people are there in terms of players, and they're you know, locker room celebration all that kind of stuff, and Shregs goes coach and Vic Fangio turns around. For anyone that doesn't know, Fan Joe is the defensive coordinator for the Philadelphia Eagles. And that performance and that game plan was from the beginning, like just those guys came, they came. That front, all three phases of that defense was next level.
Speaker 3: Some of those hits Patrick took, I don't know how he got back up, the one with Jalen Carter, the one right away where he was sacked on his shoulder, it was like, holy shit, I.
Speaker 2: Know, it was just a whole nother level.
Speaker 1: And you know those guys afterwards, Patrick mahomes showing such grace and he's just such a class act, answering every question, sitting at the podium for twelve minutes, like it just yeah, it's just I can only imagine how it feels in that moment to have grace and doing it. Anyways, So Vic Fangio's walking out of the stadium and here's a guy his first coaching position was back in you know, mid eighties, and now it's twenty twenty five and he wins his first Super Bowl and Shreg's is so good about, you know, pointing that out.
Speaker 2: He's right there, and so he's like, well, like, what are you doing, coach? Like where's your car?
Speaker 1: Like, we'll walk you that way, and he's like, oh, it's just I was going to walk back, and we're like, the defensive coordinator for the Philadelphia Eagles is not walking back to the hotel right now. Get in the car with us. So it was a really cool moment he's had. In the front seat, There's Charles Woodson, Julian Edelman, Schreger and I are in the back, and I'm like, it's just those moments where you realize, like, our job's really fucking cool. And so we were just asking him different questions and I was like, you know, how excited are you like right now?
Speaker 2: And he's like, this is.
Speaker 1: So cool, and like just for him to have that moment too, because you know, that's a long journey for someone and with his resume to finally get one as well.
Speaker 2: So shout out to you, coach.
Speaker 1: And then I mentioned your name, of course, because you've talked with such affinity about him, and I know you guys are close, and so I said, my girlfriend, Aaron just adores you, and his face lit up and he was all excited, and I just I'd love for you to speak about how much he's like meant to you and your guys' relationship, because he was I was the first time I'd met him.
Speaker 2: That's crazy.
Speaker 3: No, I got to know him when he was the defensive coordinator for San Francisco and those were my first couple of years with Fox, So I don't know how we ended up striking up a relationship.
Speaker 2: He was just always so nice to me, and I just.
Speaker 3: Kind of loved he was an older coach and people kind of say he's a little like, you know, Grougy's Philly times, he's Philly. He's adorable, and I just loved it. And I would always talk to him and I'd be like, get over here and he's great. So he would start texting me like at the end of this season or if he saw commercial I was in, and he just would always say the nicest thing. So in our production meeting with Vic Fangio this week, Patrick Mahomes was eight and oh versus a Vic Fangio defense and we were kind of just talking to him about it and it was really really special.
Speaker 2: He said to us, you know, I hope it works out.
Speaker 3: You never know, because Patrick is obviously the wildcard there, but he said, kind of have like this feeling. He goes, I've gotten a lot of text messages this week, and he goes, it feels like a lot of people are rooting for.
Speaker 2: Me, and he got a little teary. It was very very sweet.
Speaker 3: But he went up Tom Brady his first game in the NFL leading. You know, obviously New England's offense was against Vic Fangio, and Vic Fangio was talking about breaking.
Speaker 2: Down the film of him.
Speaker 3: Tom had obviously taken over for Drew Blatsoe, and Vic said he was looking at the film of Tom Brady and was like, this guy's insane. He's going to have an unreal career. And he was like I'm the one.
Speaker 2: That I'm a scout, I'm the one respond I love you guys were in the car with him. That's so special.
Speaker 3: It's another thing when you sit there and you look at these guys and they are superheroes, but they also are human and it's so cool for us to get to know that side. I'm grateful for those relationships.
Speaker 1: And I was thinking about this today because these are the things that we think about because we love this game so much and we love our job. Is that every body, let's anybody you know, there's to talk about. Is this Travis's last game? All of these different things, whoever's last game? This is is that it's always going You're always going to end your last game with a loss, unless you walk out on top and like with a super Bowl victory, and that feeling of like, you know, some guys you know, play their whole career and they never even get there, or you you know, if you're a Buffalo Bills fan, you go there four straight years and you lose every single time, or if you're you know, Dan Marino, you never win a Super Bowl. And Charles Woodson told this great story in the car when we were driving back with Vic Vangio. He said, Coach, I used to have this reoccurring dream that I was outside a club and there were two lines, and one was if you had a super Bowl ring, you got right in through that line, and the other one was.
Speaker 2: If you didn't.
Speaker 1: And I'd have this reoccurring nightmare over and over again. And then I won the ring. I won the Super Bowl and I got a ring, and I never had that dream again. And it's just a you know, for a player or for a coach, that's like Hall of Fame caliber. It's like not all Hall of Famers have rings, and so it's a really special elite club. So congratulations to the Philadelphia Eagles. I my heart hurts for the Kansas City Chiefs because I know you guys were going for history. But it's it's that moment where you just you know, get to applaud the winner and the losers you go, hey, pick yourself back up and try to do it again. What the Kansas City Chiefs have done the last few years is incredible and that it's in and of itself should be applauded as well. So grateful to cover another Super Bowl with you, gal, and football.
Speaker 3: Is King one hundred and twenty seven milraziers when it was really a blowout. It just says so much about our sport and how much we love it. Shout out to Roger Goodell. We got to spend some time with him over the week as well. We have such a great time.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 3: I mean, our bosses are like, all right, let's go, come on, Roger, get out here.
Speaker 2: And Jane wants to tell him Jane. I love Jane Goodell. Jane Goodell and she is a diehard Bears fan. Sweet.
Speaker 1: She showed up with a Walter Payton jersey on the sideline and representing Walter Payton. I saw Walter Payton's children before the game. They're always so wonderful. I just, yeah, the league is great, the league. The league is literally in good hands with Roger at the helm and the players that we get to cover. I just I can't say enough about it. I just love our fricking job so much.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you know, speaking of like Plus Ones, Jane Goodell and you know.
Speaker 2: She's a she's a great Roger Goodell.
Speaker 3: Our Plus ones put in a couple shifts in New Orleans, I will say, and they will be very happy and hey to hear this, but there are no better plus ones to bring to a super Bowl than Stephen Panderi and Jared Stole. You can leave them on Bourbon Street, French Quarter, Memphis, Tennessee. They'll find their way back.
Speaker 1: And they additch an an article where you can leave these guys anywhere and.
Speaker 3: Getting videos at two am. I mean of their new podcast, It's wild.
Speaker 1: It starts with a Jared Stole's organization because he and those are so organized and.
Speaker 3: He's mapping out walking times for him and Steve and reservations and the car and security.
Speaker 2: Wow, they were busy.
Speaker 1: When I'd be like, what are you doing today, He's liked, well, at eight o'clock it starts here, He's like going on and I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, are you working the super Bowl? What are you doing this week?
Speaker 1: But yes, shout out to our plus ones because and why we're calling them plus ones is because we will make the announcement here on the Calm Down podcast that our significant others have decided that they're going to start a podcast. It'll never come to fruition, but the concept is hysterical, and the concept is that they are our plus ones to events like this because there's plenty of other times in life where we are there plus ones and we're happy to do it. We're happy to write shotgun in their life as well. But they're starting a plus one podcast and their first guest is Diane Long, the incredible Diane Long, Howie Long's wife. And then they're like, and the next guest will be Taylor Swift because she's Travis.
Speaker 2: Kelsea's plus one.
Speaker 1: So it's like the list that they came up with was unbelievable.
Speaker 2: But yeah, there's a great shot.
Speaker 1: And again shout out to Brenda Brenda, what a goddamn drink she is Shanks, Brenda Shanks organizing all of the plus ones in our Fox crew that she organizing ours and including ours. And so there's a shot of all of these women dressed in the Marti grog gear and this fun like thing.
Speaker 2: They're all going to walk to the stadium together. And then there's Steve.
Speaker 1: And there's Jared as the plus ones with Violet Menafee, all these people that are going to the game from our Fox family and so they just fit right in.
Speaker 3: In fact, the night before the Super Bowl, you know, CHRISA and I and we'll let's scoop back, well, no, we'll tell that in a minute. The night before, to continue the plus one conversation, Saturday night, Chris and I go to bed, Jarrett and the Plus Ones all the of the talent, then go to a big Fox party Zach Brown performed.
Speaker 2: Then we go to bed. We go to bed.
Speaker 3: Jared gets in probably about three I was like, where did you guys go? And he goes back to the bar with the plus ones all the wives. I was listening to the diante. I mean, that's what he's doing. I would also like to say this with the shifts that are plus ones put in like, yes, I know my husband deals with a lot of shit for me, But on the day that is my oscars and my prom I am walking around at eight am with a flashlight as he's sawing logs and smells like the Four Seasons bar, and I'm like, not sitting on a light, God forbid.
Speaker 2: As I'm packing my spanks and my supplements to go do the goddamn super Bowl.
Speaker 3: This bitch is passed out, I mean as he was the day before too, And I'm like, let you not bother you on your time away for the super Bowl. Laura knows you have three tailgates to get to with ste.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's okay. I was in the bathroom after I showered.
Speaker 3: I had thirty minutes before i'd be downstairs, sitting on the bathroom floor going over my notes.
Speaker 2: I can't be at the desk because he's sleeping, I thought.
Speaker 1: I said to Steve, I go, do you mind if I open these blinds. I can't see a goddamn thing in here. I'm tripping over the shoes that he barely got off from the night before because they came in at three o'clock.
Speaker 2: What is in my eye?
Speaker 1: No, that is so funny, but you know what, look it is what it is good for them. You know, they put up with a lot of shit with us throughout the year. In fact, I came home today after I got picked up the dogs from the dog roomer because I needed them to smell all good and fluffy, and I get a note on my front door, a post it note that says shhh, Tommy's season starts today, basically meaning if I walk in here, he was on a call and I needed to be quiet.
Speaker 2: Tommy.
Speaker 1: Tommy's season starts today. So I just said, you know what you're right, Tommy, So filling you guys in. For those of you that don't know, Steve's nickname is Tommy and mine's Linda. So speaking of the branch, I can't wait to get there and see all those animals. Really excited for the off season, but just also miss the season already, the season.
Speaker 2: That was everyone already.
Speaker 3: Now we want to talk to everyone because I'm not worried about getting sick now and now it's already everyone. Yeah, And I just have to say one thing, And this is also what I am going on and on about Fox, and I swear, I mean it's not just because my contract's.
Speaker 2: Up, but I love Fox so much because.
Speaker 1: My brother and my dad came to the Super Bowl and I Fox's family to me, and so my own family like sharing in those moments. It was so fun, and Fox just makes them feel so welcome and make sure they're included in.
Speaker 2: The events and everything.
Speaker 1: So I just would be remiss if I didn't mention how wonderful my extended work family is to my own family. And Marshawn Lynch, who I love so much, flings open the green room doors were out on our set outside the super Dome and Marshall Lynch, remember, does not work for Fox. And I was like, what are you doing here? And he's like, I'm just wandering around. I go perfect, because you have to remember a gal from Seattle and your dad and my brother's in a Steve Largent Jersey outside like watching us.
Speaker 2: I was like, get over here.
Speaker 1: You have to say hi to my brother and my dad, and Marshawn comes over and it's just his jovial fun self and it just was like those moments where you have to like remind yourself that, like your two worlds when they intersect, it's really special. So I love you Dad and my brother Tyson for coming, and I love Marshall Lynch for just being a goddamn dream. All right, So super Bowl was amazing. We are sad that it's over. We love our job so much. If that has not just been conveyed over the last forty minutes of us rambling about it, but now comes the portion of the program where we just spent the last what is it six months fully dedicated to our job and now it is time to re enter back into our lives.
Speaker 2: You are a mother.
Speaker 1: I am a mother of like seven hundred animals that one of them you never even met, so excited to go back to the ranch and see them. What does your re entry look like so far? Because you already know what mine looks like. Tommy's season starts today.
Speaker 3: We got home at what about twelve thirty yesterday when we landed about twelve thirty, got to the house at about one thirty, laid down for like forty five minutes before Mac was up. He was taking a nap. We were so excited to go wake him up, and he was cute and it was so fun. After the nap, we needed to change him and get him ready for the afternoon.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, I'm so glad I'm home. Mag this is great. Mommy's back. My husband's holding him down, my head's pounding.
Speaker 3: So it is to clean my closet room that is a shithole from everything I like hoarded for six months, create a relationship with my son because he has no.
Speaker 2: Clue to right, and knock it off. Don't you get to my husband because I can't complain about lack of sleep or traveling or packing. So fair enough, those are three really good ones.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Steve goes and I'm looking at it right here and yesterday when we were all traveling back together, I went to pull my chapstick out of here and I was like, hey, can you get my chapstick? Steve's going like this, I can't find it. Mary Poppins, there's so much shit in your purse. Can you think you can finally clean it out out of the season's over? And He's right, I need to empty on every bag. I need to just clean my act up, get my shit together, and definitely give Steve a lot of love because he is incredible to me during the season, and just like he wakes up every morning with me, I'll give it a Steve shout out on my Sunday mornings at four am and he opens up the coffee shop, he calls it and he makes me coffee and he walks me to the car so I don't have to walk in the dark. He's just he's great. And I don't like to tell him that a lot because everyone loves Steve, but he is pretty great. So I'm going to give Steve the love that he deserves right after he stops being so loud on the phone calls. Remind Steve, Steve owns his own company, so Steve doesn't go into an.
Speaker 2: Office every day.
Speaker 1: So Steve's office is the table back there, it's the here, it's the garage, it's the upstairs, it's I mean, I'm like, he goes, where do you want me to take this call?
Speaker 2: And I'm like, in the alley. I your half And with that we say, welcome home.
Speaker 1: All right, We love you guys, Calm down, listen to you for the journey of the season.
Speaker 2: Guys, always so great to come along with us and now and as Roger says, we will miss you. Where are you going?
Speaker 1: We love you, guys until next week when we've got a lot of re entry stories.
Speaker 2: I'm sure we'll follow that well, do you want to go for a walk?
Speaker 3: Calm Down with Erin and Carissa is a production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 1: For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.