Speaker 1: This podcast.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Meat Eater Trivia, the only game show where conservation always wins. I'm your host, Spencer new Art and today we're joined by Alyssa Chili, Christine, Corey Logan, Nate Roman and Tresa. This is a Jabbroni episode, so by the end of today's show will have crowned a new winner. You guys know what I like about doing a trivia episode with the Jabronis. You all show up on times say well, you know some of our trivia players they kind of are divas and they're fine wandering in five minutes late. Not you, guys, though, You're here prompt, so I appreciate that. At least we got that going for us. Now, this is a ten round quiz show with questions from meat eaters four verticals which are hunting, fishing, conservation, and cooking, and there is a prize. Meat Eater will donate five hundred dollars to the conservation organization of the winners choosing. And because this episode is brought to you by Athletic Brewing, they're matching our five hundred dollars donation as well as sponsoring a moneyball question of the week. Thanks to athletic brewing. Today's game has a potential for a fifteen hundred dollars conservation donation. Now for the start of the week. This week, we're looking at each Jabbroni's best category to see how much they know about themselves. Alyssa, what's your best category?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: Good, I don't know, Microphone, Melissa, I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: Take a guesshok, Fishing is your best category? Chili, what's your best category?
Speaker 5: I would have to say you.
Speaker 2: Hunting, conservation. Over to Jabroni's Christine's. Christine, what's your best category?
Speaker 1: Oh gosh, what are they?
Speaker 4: Fishing?
Speaker 2: Fishing is your best category? Well done, Christine. She gets an early point. Corey, what's your best category?
Speaker 5: Hunting or cooking?
Speaker 2: Pick one?
Speaker 4: Cooking?
Speaker 2: Cooking is your best category? All right? Two? Four? Logan, what's your best category?
Speaker 1: Hunting?
Speaker 2: Cooking is your best category? Two out of five?
Speaker 1: To eight?
Speaker 2: Your best category?
Speaker 1: Hunting?
Speaker 2: Hunting is your best category? Three out of six? Roman, what's your best category? I'm gonna go with cooking conservation. Trusta, It's all up to you. Cooking is your best category. Four out of the eight of you your best category? All right, here's our infrequently Asked Questions segment. If you have a trivia related question for our crew, send it to Trivia at the mediater dot com with the subject line I f AQ you. Carrie Madison says, what's an employee's reaction when they get invited to trivia? Do they cancel meetings to make it? Or do they look for an excuse not to show up?
Speaker 1: You guys do I'm stoked?
Speaker 4: Definitely move around meetings? Okay, thank you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean it's like an hour of your day to go do a game that you're still get paid to go do.
Speaker 2: There you go, So it's between this and insurance. So you know that makes me feel better. Yeah, that's good. All right, we have some housekeeping to get to you.
Speaker 3: I will I will put a qualifier on that. If Brodie is there, I'm significantly less excited.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: You walk in the room and you see him and you reconsider your day. Not today though, just to bronis here, everyone's got a good chance, all right. I am months behind on sending out prizes for listener questions of the week, but no fear, we now have our best guy on it. Roman, who is here with us today, is going to be reaching out to all of our previous winners who haven't got any prize yet, and he's going to be getting you your signed board game. So my apologies for the delayed prizes. I appreciate everyone's patience and be on the lookout for that email from Roman soon. Everyone for the last few months who hasn't got their board game yet is going to get one soon.
Speaker 4: Hold on, I've got some housekeeping.
Speaker 6: A certain toa broni slash hr repriminded me that it's your birthday, Spencer.
Speaker 2: Thirty three years old today. It's not as fun on a Tuesday.
Speaker 1: You're only three years older than me.
Speaker 4: I thought you were like forty, all right.
Speaker 2: The Shelby Index for today is a six and a half, so algia Brownie should have a strong game with that. We're onto the game of trivia. Play the drop, Phil, Look, I need to know what I stand and wind everything.
Speaker 1: How's that you just tend to win everything?
Speaker 5: Gamon Suckers.
Speaker 2: Question one. The topic is woodsmanship, and as always, this will be multiple choice. According to Cornell University, this is the rarest color of flower. Is it white, blue, yellow, or red? According to Cornell University, this is the rarest color of flower. Your four choices, white, blue, yellow, red. Do we have any expert gardeners in the room? I loved? Okay, you feel like you know this answer?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 7: These are these just any type of flower?
Speaker 1: Are they wildflowers?
Speaker 2: Cornell University was referencing the two hundred and eighty thousand known plants I believe and looking at all their flowers. Yes, and of those, one of these was the rarest white, blue, yellow, red. Are you missing any of these colors from your guard? You have to tell us which?
Speaker 1: Um?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 2: Yes? Okay? Is that your answer as well? Okay, Lissa is at an advantage. Is everybody ready? Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Christine and Alyssa saying blue, Nate says red, Cory red, Logan blue, Chili blue, Roman blue, Tresa blue. You did great. The correct answer is blue.
Speaker 1: Suck it, Nate, thank you for that.
Speaker 2: Less than one in ten flowers is blue, making it one of nature's rarest colors. Scientists say it's a difficult color for plants to make, and it's not as desirable by pollinators. The most common flower colors are green, white, yellow, orange, red, and pink. Question two, the topic is fishing. This next great question is via jaredets What state banned all recreational fishing for more than a month at the beginning of the COVID pandemic? What state banned all recreational fishing for more than a month at the beginning of the COVID pandemic? Chili and Nate haven't answered.
Speaker 3: You know this one, Nate, No, I'm just basing it off the political landscape.
Speaker 2: What you know about some different states?
Speaker 1: Chili?
Speaker 2: Do you know this one?
Speaker 4: Not like super confident, but same thing.
Speaker 2: You just picked a stay you think would ban.
Speaker 1: Also super left left state?
Speaker 2: Okay, what state banned all recreational fishing for more than a month at the beginning of the COVID pandemic?
Speaker 5: Did they shut down hunting out here that year?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: No, No, it was in Georgia and the Turkey season just got totally pooped on real.
Speaker 2: I don't remember specifically out here, but I think they just said, like use common sense, that was that was all, which meant you can hang out outdoors. Does everyone have an answer for question two? Is anybody confident you're just making guesses? You're pretty pretty confident, Christine, you have an answer.
Speaker 4: Not many listeners the media podcast in this room. I guess, jeez, this.
Speaker 2: Is this a topic he covered, Kelly.
Speaker 4: You know Steve harps on it every couple of months.
Speaker 2: It's everybody ready, go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Christine saying Washington, Alyssa, California. Nate crossed out California and wrote down New York, Cory California, Logan California, Chile, Minnesota, Roman California, Tresa, California. We have a correct answer in the room. It's Washington. Christine got that one right.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Washington announced on March twenty fifth, twenty twenty, that all recreational fishing would become illegal starting at midnight. The state also banned hunting and golfing, which wouldn't open again until May fifth. Anglers protested the band by throwing a boat parade on a Seattle lake, pointing out the hypocrisy of allowing people to boat but not allowing them to fish. So the second they would cast the line that would have became illegal. Question three. The topic is biology. This six letter word is defined as quote a large cage or covered area in which birds are kept. This six letter word is defined as a large cage or covered area in which birds are kept. Lissa quick to answer.
Speaker 1: I'm second.
Speaker 2: You got six letters? Yes, okay, I like your chances. Then Christine has a perfect game going through two questions. Are you going to get this one right?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: No, maybe I will, Maybe I will.
Speaker 2: Six letter word defined as a large cage or covered area in which birds are kept. Tell us about your gardener, Lissa, what's all going on there?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 7: I love to grow paeonies.
Speaker 2: Those are my favorite.
Speaker 7: Well, I just got a greenhouse.
Speaker 2: I got a green Oh, so you're doing some gardening right now?
Speaker 4: Well, no, I need to build it. Okay, I need to build it, and so hopefully is that does that?
Speaker 2: Does that really count as having a greenhouse? Then?
Speaker 7: Well no, I guess it's in my garage there you go. That kind of counts.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sure, it's it's half built.
Speaker 2: What are you can do with that greenhouse once it's built?
Speaker 7: I feel like, you know, I want to grow like some bulbs. I miss like half a season. You have to start a lot of stuff indoors, and so hopefully that will kind of like kick everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what zone are we in here? It's a tough one. Yeah, I don't know the answer to that, I'm just saying it's a tough one to grow in.
Speaker 7: It is a tough one again.
Speaker 2: Question three Biology. This six letter word is defined as a large cage or covered area in which birds are kept. Phil would you get this one right?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 6: You know this is one of those ones where after I see the answer, I thought, oh I knew that. But what I have thought of it without seeing the answer, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know anyone besides Alyssa confident. It looks like we're all jabroning really hard in here.
Speaker 1: I like it.
Speaker 2: Do you guys give up who don't have an answer yet? It's everybody ready, go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Christine saying garage, Alyssa says aviary, Nate says aviary, Corey says bucket, Logan says harbor. Chile without an answer, Roman without an answer, Tressa says awning. The correct answer is aviary Nate's and Alyssa got that one right. An aviary can be An aviary can be as small as a cage or as big as an entire building. Bird Kingdom in Niagara Falls, Canada has the biggest indoor aviary in the world. At forty five thousand square feet. They house eighty species of birds there, as well as snakes, iguanas, and Tarantula's question four, the topic is gear. This next Greek question is via John Schlessinger. In twenty twenty one, Texas declared this their official state knife, which is named after the man who invented it. Some quick answers, Nate already has his wife board down. Alyssa has now joined him in Chili. In twenty twenty one, Texas declared this their official state knife, which is named after the man who invented it.
Speaker 4: Is this a brand of knife or like a style of knife?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's a good question.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to give you any hints. The knife is named after the man who invented it.
Speaker 1: Yink, dude, good questions.
Speaker 2: Good question by me or by Chili?
Speaker 1: No, by you?
Speaker 2: Okay, you got this right, Corey.
Speaker 4: It's just a guest. I think that's a good question.
Speaker 1: Yea, Oh.
Speaker 2: Is everybody ready? In twenty twenty one, Texas declared this their official state knife, which is named after the man who invented it. I think, to answer your question, Roman, I think they're the only state with a state knife. They are pioneers in that field, although there are a few states with state guns. It's everybody ready in this room. Philly going back to his wifeboard. Nope, he's gonna keep it. Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Christine saying machete, Alyssa says Gerber, Nate says Bowie, Cory says Buck, Logan Case Chili, Buck, Roman, Bowie, Tresa sheer. We have a correct answer. It's Bowie. Nate and Roman got that one correct. I would have liked to have answered for you, Chili, but I think I would have made it more unclear because there is a brand Bowie knife. Ye, but I also think people refer to most big knives as just Bowie knives. It's like the Kleenex tissue thing. So it is a brand, but I also think most people use it as referring to a style. Texas had been trying to pass the bill for four years before making it happen. Bowie knives are named after Jim Bowie, a pioneer who died at the Alamo. His brother, Resin Bowie, made the first Bowie knives. The Bowie Knife headquarters are in Texas, where you'll also find the world's biggest bowie knife, which is twenty feet long and three thousand pounds.
Speaker 1: Who dropped that crocodile?
Speaker 5: Dundee? Oh man, I thought you were good?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, he carries a knife, right, question question? What's that?
Speaker 5: Is that? The knife he has?
Speaker 2: He carries a big old knife? And yeah right. I don't know if he refers to it as a bowie knife or not, but if you were watching it, like Rambo carries a big old knife, I think most people just call it a bowie knife. Question five. The topic is hunting. This big box store which is famous for their blue light special stop selling handguns in the nineteen seventies, and Ammo in two thousand and one. This big box store, which is famous for their blue light special stop selling handguns in the nineteen seventies and Ammo in two thousand and one. The room looks stumped.
Speaker 4: Spencer.
Speaker 6: Did you tone down these questions at all knowing it was Jabroni trivia or would you have presented these questions if it were a normal game.
Speaker 2: I tried to make them more Jabbroni friendly, and I felt good afterwards when my wife got a six and a half.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, you didn't, you didn't come, you didn't give us.
Speaker 2: A Shelby in six point five Shelby, it's going to help us. But this big box store, which is famous for their Blue Light Special, stopped selling handguns in the nineteen seventies and Ammo in two thousand and one. I know if you guys watch Jeopardy of Wheel or Wheel Fortune, but they'll have like the college edition and those questions are like slightly easier. So I think you guys are getting like the college edition of Meat Eater Trivia.
Speaker 7: That's a nice way to put it.
Speaker 2: You guys are all very educated. Does everyone have an answer for question five? This big box store, which is famous for their Blue Light Special stop selling handguns in the nineteen seventies and Ammo in two thousand and one. Is anybody confident? Really?
Speaker 1: Bil?
Speaker 2: What have you gotten this one?
Speaker 4: Well, the Blue Light Special gave it away.
Speaker 2: For king under blue Light Special. That's what this store is famous for. And have that in quotation marks blue Light Special. Do you guys give up?
Speaker 4: Never?
Speaker 2: Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Christine saying seers, Alyssa, Walmart, Nate and Corey says years Logan and Chili say Walmart, Romans sears Tresta says Walmart. Nobody got it. The correct answer is came up anymore. Let me tell you about that Chile has become an endangered species in the last decade. They only have five locations left, which are located in the US Virgin Islands, Guam and Miami. At their peak, they had over two thousand locations and sold guns, ammo and other hunting gear. So Chile they got five.
Speaker 5: That's still remaining.
Speaker 2: Phil tell people about the blue lights special.
Speaker 4: Oh, I mean, that's just what all their marketing was driven on. You know. It's I I can't even tell you. I think they would. They put blue lights, they had end caps.
Speaker 2: They had like police lights, and then if that blue light was going then it's like, that's what the sale is happening right now?
Speaker 5: What's that thing Steve talks about in his brain that knows it?
Speaker 3: Yes, well what I brought that up to my my friend who's like a neuro resident, and she said totally wrong.
Speaker 5: A lot of people and my moculus knew it.
Speaker 2: Okay, I have to nobody got kmart.
Speaker 1: Phil.
Speaker 2: We're halfway through the game.
Speaker 1: Of trivia.
Speaker 2: Give us a scoreboard update.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 6: You know, if there's one thing we can say about this game, it's Jabroni trivia. But Corey, who normally holds his own in regular tribua, is not on the board today.
Speaker 2: Cory, he probably came in, is a favorite, eral points, treesa Chili, and Mogan.
Speaker 4: I'll have one point and.
Speaker 6: Tied up in first place with two points that have to it's Christine, Alyssa, Nate.
Speaker 2: And Roman Jabroni's I'm worried this isn't going to get an easier.
Speaker 1: I think Steve.
Speaker 3: Steve's concerned about this da Berni game because he's calling here right now.
Speaker 1: It's probably gonna give me some input.
Speaker 2: You just ignore that.
Speaker 1: I will.
Speaker 2: Question six The topic is cooking. This next great question is via Dustin Cosby. What state produces sixty percent of America's cranberry crop? What state produces sixty percent of America's cranberry crop?
Speaker 1: Mm?
Speaker 2: Picture those guys. Where do you think they're standing?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I forget.
Speaker 2: Do they have a Southern accent? They might?
Speaker 7: I'm not telling.
Speaker 2: Do you know this one?
Speaker 1: I know the vicinity?
Speaker 5: Which one?
Speaker 2: Uh huh? This state produces sixty percent of America's cranberry crop and the brand name our Jabroni's are stumped, man, where are they standing? Someone can see the commercial or a commercial Corey's trying to figure out what dialect they had? What state produces sixty percent of America's cranberry crop?
Speaker 5: Spencer, doing anything fun for your birthday?
Speaker 2: Now? Not on a Tuesday, Taco Tuesday going up. I'll go to Cheek Yeah, there you go. I'll go to Chico this weekend. That'll be fun. Went to Land of Magic this last weekend. A big fat steak there?
Speaker 1: Nice?
Speaker 3: It is?
Speaker 2: Everybody ready?
Speaker 3: Oh? No, better?
Speaker 2: Right down? A state that you think produces sixty percent of America's cranberry crop cranberry's are we ready? Yeah? Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Christine saying California, Alyssa says Massachusetts, Nate Massachusetts, Corey Florida, Logan South Carolina, Chili, Florida, Roman, Oregon, Tresa California. Nobody got it. The correct answer is do you guys have any other guests?
Speaker 1: Nebraska, South Carolina, No.
Speaker 2: Wisconsin, Iott, Yeah. Cranberries are native to the bogs and swamps of the Upper Midwest. And New England. Wild cranberries can be foraged in those areas as well as the Pacific Northwest. After Wisconsin, the leading cranberry producers are Massachusetts, New Jersey, and Oregon. So you guys were right there.
Speaker 1: Question I'm to get that.
Speaker 2: You have a couple of questions. The topic is fishing, and this is the Athletic Brewing Moneyball question of the week. For every correct answer provided, Athletic Brewing is going to make a one hundred dollars donation that's capped at five hundred dollars. This week, Athletic Brewing is giving to the National Wild Turkey Federation. Here's your moneyball question. This letter in the Greek alphabet is what you call a wetland that forms where a river meets a nocean.
Speaker 7: TRUSTA, This is bad because I studied abroad in Greece and I took Greek.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, were you also in a sorority?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Okay, do we have any sorority or fraternity members in here?
Speaker 1: It's complicated.
Speaker 2: Oh, Nate is, but he doesn't want to admit it. Again. This is question seven. The topic is fishing. This letter in the Greek alphabet is what you call a wetland that forms where a river meets a nocean. And this is the moneyball question. So for every correct answer, oh, we're donating one hundred dollars to the National Wild Turkey Federation. Thank you Athletic Brewing for giving us a moneyball question this week. Do you have this one right, Christine?
Speaker 5: I don't know if this is a Greek letter, okay, but it seems right.
Speaker 2: Nate, you have this one, yeah, okay, So that might be two hundred dollars Athletic is going to send to the n.
Speaker 1: W t F like saving a quarter of a turkey or something.
Speaker 2: It's worth it's worth one turkey breast. This letter in the Greek alphabet is what you call a wetland that forms where a river meets an ocean. Rest of our players are stumped. Trust how many Greek letters do you know?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: Maybe three, that's what and I knew like three of them. This letter in the Greek alphabet, that's what you call a wetland that forms spencer. What's up?
Speaker 7: Are you looking for the whole word or just the letter?
Speaker 2: The whole word?
Speaker 7: Oh m hm.
Speaker 2: That does not help out any of our players. It's a question I answer even more.
Speaker 1: Shit.
Speaker 2: Tresta now going to her. Why woarn Corey, do you have this one right?
Speaker 4: I hope so?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 2: Is it a letter in the Greek alphabet? I don't know a single letter in the Greek alphabet. Do you guys give up?
Speaker 5: I mean like the super Bowl? Super Bowl fifty nine?
Speaker 2: Are those letters? Yes? Is everybody ready? Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Christine saying delta, Alyssa says Sigma, Nate says delta, Corey, Estuary, Logan Delta Chile without an answer, Roman says Sigma. Tresa says theta. The correct answer is delta. Christine, Nate, and Logan got that riot, and that means they are making a three hundred dollars donation to NWTF via athletic brewing. Rivers deposit sediment where they meet another river, lake, or ocean, which often creates a braided waterway that's known as a delta. These areas are nutrient rich and are known for their high density of vegetation, waterfowl and fish. Question eight, the topic is conservation. The USDA defines this eleven letter word as quote a linear planting of multiple rows of trees or shrubs established for environmental purposes eleven letters. The USDA defines this eleven letter word as a linear planting of multiple rows of trees or shrubs established for environmental purposes. Our room is stumped again. This is question eight. So we'll get another sor word update from Phil after this eleven letter word, a linear planting of multiple rows of trees or shrubs established for environmental purposes. How we doing you? Brownis? Is anybody confident in this one?
Speaker 1: Nope?
Speaker 2: Nobody it's certain of their answer.
Speaker 1: I thought of the only eleven letter word I could think of.
Speaker 2: We'll see if it's.
Speaker 5: I can't even think of an.
Speaker 3: Eleven letter word.
Speaker 2: The u s DA defines this eleven letter word as a linear planting of multiple rows of trees or shrubs established for environmental purposes. So Logan has an eleven letter word, but he might be the only one. Do you guys give up?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 2: How much you can have a little more time? And this is question eight? Ah, Phil, what's our best score in the room right now?
Speaker 6: Do you know just the number of the player?
Speaker 2: Just the number for now? Three?
Speaker 4: Okay, well, anybody have five? Let's find out.
Speaker 2: Oh, Nate thinks he has four. Well, we'll get a.
Speaker 4: Quick about that.
Speaker 2: Again. What could this be called an eleven letter word? A linear planting of multiple rows of trees or shrubs established for environmental purposes. I think we're running out of time.
Speaker 1: You guys give up.
Speaker 2: Oh, Logan, go ahead and vell your answers. We have Christine saying flood plant Alyssa without an answer. Nate says, what's that saying? Nate Corey without an answer. Logan says Mississippi, Hedge without an answer. Hedge just said Mississippi without an answer. Tressa says plantation. The correct answer is shelter belt. Shelter belt. You guys have never heard that. Well, I grew up in Montana. I feel like this is there's not a lot of shelter belts in this part of the country, but you get east of here, they're all over. Shelter Belts are planted to protect farmsteads, save energy, and enhance wildlife habitat. Many species use them for travel corridors, nesting sites, bedding, and food. The USDA and other agencies have programs that help pay for the planting of new shelter belts and the removal of old shelter belts. All right, Phil, give us a scoreboard update or not?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 6: Not much has changed since after question five, but a couple of people are racking it up. Corey unfortunately is not one of those people. He is out of the running. However, Cory is the only person out of the running.
Speaker 4: Still come back.
Speaker 6: Tressa and Chili have two points, I mean sorry, one point to piece Logan, Roman and Alyssa have two points and tied up in first place at Christina and Nate with three and after this answer recap Spencer, Nate can can challenge me.
Speaker 4: Like he could he could have four.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Question nine the topic is natural history. Dina Sanachar, who was raised by a pack of wolves, was supposedly the inspiration for this Disney character. Oh, Dina santi Char, who was raised by a pack of wolves, was supposedly the inspiration for this Disney character. Corey, you have this one right?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, that wasn't just like kids, Yeah exactly. That wasn't just putting down the whiteboard like I got zero points. Damn it, that was I got this one right. Yeah. Dinas sanon Char, who was raised by a pack of wolves, was supposedly the inspiration for this Disney character of character, not the movie Disney character.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that's where I'm stuck.
Speaker 2: A pack of wolves, A pack of wolves. Nate, you got this one right?
Speaker 5: I think I have the movie, but I never watched it.
Speaker 3: Okay, so I have a description that maybe you will probably not take.
Speaker 4: Yeah, i'd say most likely not.
Speaker 2: Last time we had a Disney related question, we had Nate who had a retort at I think Randalling that there's a question about Mickey Mouse's dog, and Nate had to tell Randall that Mickey does not own goofy. Dina Sanitchar, who was raised by a pack of wolves, was supposedly the inspiration for this Disney character. Melyssa, how do you feel about your answer?
Speaker 4: Not very good?
Speaker 2: Okay, you have a Disney character.
Speaker 4: Down, Yes, but it's who I think it is?
Speaker 2: Another stump Cordy maybe the only one the correct answer? Phil? Would you get this one right?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 2: I think Phil. Phil would win this episode of trivia.
Speaker 6: Oh, I've never heard of a shelter belt though, so I don't know. Okay, it'd be a close one.
Speaker 2: It's everybody ready, go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Christine saying well, I'm sorry, Alyssa says Pocahontas. Nate says Brave, Corey says Mowgli. Logan says Simba. Roman says the kid in the Jungle Book, which is Mowgli. Tresa says Tarzan. The correct answer is Mowgli. Cory got that one right. He is the kid from the Jungle Bank.
Speaker 4: Are you giving it to Roman?
Speaker 2: We're not going to give it to Roman's that's not good enough. Dinas Saninchar was a feral boy who was discovered in a cave in India in eighteen sixty seven. He was about six years old at the time and was living with wolves. Santa Char was taken to an orphanage and spent years only walking on all fours and eating raw meat. He never did learn to talk or communicate with other humans and died at the age of thirty four. Just like Santa Char, Mowgli from the Jungle Book was raised by wolves, and phil is showing us a picture there of Dina sanan Char again. They found him in eighteen sixty seven in a cave in India. That's crazy, all right, here's a correct answer review for our listeners at home and Nate. Number one was Blue two, Washington, three, Aviary, four, Bowie Knife, five, Kmart six, Wisconsin, seven, Delta, eight, Shelter Belt, nine, Mowgli, Phil's right pill. Give us the final scoreboard up date before we do question ten.
Speaker 4: Sure thing it is down? Well, here's what I guess.
Speaker 6: I mean, Logan, Christina, Lyssa, Nate, and Roman are all still arguing. I guess Logan, Roman, Alyssa still have two points a piece.
Speaker 4: Christina and Nate are tied up in first with three. All right, but now Corey's on the boarder ones.
Speaker 2: Everyone's got question ten. Everybody gave Corey a pity class except for Corey. Question ten the topic is woodsmanship. This is our listener question of the week, which was won by Rob Welling for sending this great question. Rob is going to get a board game signed by the crew. If you want a chance to win the listener Question of the Week, then send your question to Trivia at the meadeater dot com. Name two of the six states with the lowest hottest temperature ever recorded. So that's like if you took the hottest temperature recorded in all fifty states, Which of those has the lowest of the hottest temperatures? Does everyone understand what we're looking for? If you took the hottest temperature ever recorded in every single state and then you looked at what the lowest number was from that list, we're looking for the states with the lowest hottest temperature ever recorded, So the two coldest states, two of the six. You need to name two of the six.
Speaker 5: Is this all during the same time frame, Spencer.
Speaker 2: Now, this is just since they've ever been recording temperature, which I don't know how far back that goes, but there's a good span of history there for you to choose from. Name two of the six states with the lowest hottest temperature ever recorded. And we have Nate and Christine tied up in first place, but there are a few players who are just one point behind.
Speaker 4: We haven't had a tiebreaker.
Speaker 2: It's been a minute. Nate, how do you feel about your answer?
Speaker 5: Oh dude, okay, between two?
Speaker 2: Christine, how do you feel about your answer? I feel okay, I'm reading the sixth and then going to cross four. Okay, there you go.
Speaker 4: I'm not saying there.
Speaker 2: That's the move of a winner. Nate.
Speaker 1: They got three down more.
Speaker 2: Now, name two of these six states with the lowest hottest temperature ever.
Speaker 1: Recorded the lowest winning score for.
Speaker 2: I think fours. That's right, we're going to RONI episodes are exempt from that. Yeah, they're not. What was the hottest lowest hottest temperature ever recorded? We're looking for two of the six. Who's in second place? Phil, Who's who's competing?
Speaker 4: Alyssa, Logan and Roman?
Speaker 2: I'll have two point Okay, Alyssa, how do you feel about your answer? I? Okay, Roman, I'm feeling decent. Okay, Logan, so so I see you cheated. Is everybody ready? Okay? Alyssa and Christine are doing some crossing out now stall we just lost the TV screen.
Speaker 4: Oh that's happening a lot lately. I'll try to get it back online.
Speaker 2: Is everybody ready?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Christine saying Alaska and Minnesota. Alyssa says Alaska and Washington. Nate says Alaska and Maine. Corey says Alaska and Maine. Logan Washington and Oregon, Chile, Alaska and Maine, Roman Alaska and Maine, Tresa Oregon and Vermont. These six states are Alaska, Hawaii, Rhode Island, Maine, Connecticut, and New Hampshire, making Nate our winner. Nate got that one right, Christine did not? Christine? Did you have some of those other states on your list of six?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 2: Okay, that should make you feel a little better. It'd been worse if you had the other four or five, but not that one. Nate got it right with Alaska and Maine. Alaska and Hawaii have the lowest hottest temperature of all fifty states, which is one hundred degrees. That's followed by Rhode Island with one oh four, Maine with one oh five, in Connecticut, and New Hampshire with one oh six. Just missing the top six are Massachusetts, Vermont, and New York. Did a lot of people get that one right? A lot of Alaska's in mains in here room did pretty well? All right, Nate, You get to choose where the one thousand dollars donation from Meat Eater and Athletic Brewing goes.
Speaker 3: I think b since we kind of dropped the bag on the turk the moneyball question, huh, we'll get the rest of that turkey and they'll get all thousand bucks to WTF.
Speaker 2: All right, so via the moneyball question and the Athletic Brewing money or donation match and meat Eater, we're sending thirteen hundred dollars to NWTF. Well, dunge Brownie's. That was may not have been a good game or like a strong game, but it was a fun game. Yeah, yeah, sure, thirteen hundred dollars going to the NWTF. Join us next week for more meat Eater Trivia, the only game show where conservation always wins. Thank you, Yes Spencer from South Dakota.
Speaker 1: He's the host, using those smooth mellow tones.
Speaker 3: He lays them questions down, and he likes taking those two and three year old bucks.
Speaker 1: It is an avid amateur lockhou