Speaker 1: Brooklyn Boys Podcast.
Speaker 2: Getting Slice reactions. This podcast all depends on you, baby.
Speaker 3: Free.
Speaker 4: It's Slice Time for Brooklyn Boys Podcast number three, twenty six and before.
Speaker 5: That's right, Hello, that's right? Hello, Yeah, yeah, what's going on? Yeah?
Speaker 6: You know I love that jingle, that parody I wrote to open up Slice Time. But sometimes I feel like I'm so anxious to get to the talkbacks and get going.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but we sit through it live.
Speaker 6: So I'm like, there's got to be a way we could just add it later because I want to just get to it.
Speaker 5: You just want to go for it. I kind of like it. I like the setup.
Speaker 4: This is like I do. This is like setting the table before dinner, you know, putting down the napkin the four and night.
Speaker 5: I get to, you know, get the Krusties out of my eyes.
Speaker 4: You notice how I didn't lose the bed, see because I know you love it so much. I do love the I'm savoring the flavor of it. We never get this far into it.
Speaker 5: It's still going. How much longer is this bed? I don't know. I think that maybe a minute and a half. Ten I'll fade out.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, So thank you so much for your feedback this week and all weeks.
Speaker 5: We really are appreciated.
Speaker 4: We would, we really do appreciate the fact that you're plugged in to everything that we say and do, and you hang on every word, and it's just nice.
Speaker 5: It's nice to have a fandom. It is the words. Yeah, but it's cool.
Speaker 6: Well, oh there's you know a few that a couple of times people don't No, no, sometimes people don't hear what we say.
Speaker 5: But I got I got a couple of.
Speaker 6: Tweets this week from people quoting things that I said on the podcast, and I had to go back and ask them what they were talking about. They're like, oh, that thing you said about terrorists. I'm like what, uh what? But then then when they reminded me, I'm like, oh, yeah, thanks, Tar.
Speaker 5: That's right. We don't remember stuff from five minutes ago.
Speaker 4: It's hard, it really is. Did you play the theme song yet, the theme song to what this podcast?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Did you not hear it? Did you not get the joke because you're not listening, you're not paying attention? I get it. No, I said, we don't remember things five minutes you remember, or if you're not paying attention, if you say Garry has gotten how to be funny. No, like you. I thought you were making a joke.
Speaker 4: I thought you were making a joke that you know, people don't hear things like you. You made a comment at the top of this podcast.
Speaker 5: No, I said, I don't remember. Did we play that? It doesn't matter. It's same, same, same, All right, let's play the talk backs. It's the start. They're the star of the show.
Speaker 4: So yeah, it's very right. This is we're just uh, we're just like put side plates at this point, right, yeah, yeah. So anyway, if you did leave a talk back, that means you've listened to the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 5: We appreciate it.
Speaker 4: We give you this weekly reminder to make sure if you can, because we're being watched by the big dogs in the company. Please set the Brooklyn Boys podcast to preset number one on your iHeartRadio app, your updated iHeart Radio app. If you don't see the presets, that's because it's not updated. So please update the app. Make us number one, put us in a number one position. I don't know if we're gonna win an award for this brody. I don't know what's going on, but it's it's hella important. As they say in the LBC. It's hella important to that will be Long Beach County. That's a very West Coast thing, right, It's hella important that we are on as many number one presets as possible because we're being monitored.
Speaker 5: That's all.
Speaker 6: As your second preset, why not do the Elvis Dran phone tab channel because you you'll hear some of my phone taps from back in the day.
Speaker 5: There's that, yes, okay, cool, yeah, after that, you do what you want.
Speaker 4: Anyway, Thanks for clicking that microphone button and leaving talkbacks like this.
Speaker 7: Hey, Brooklyn boys, this is Maria fromen In City. I heard scary looking on the Big Show about the Cooper Sharp cheese. You can actually get a shop right. I'm not sure if they have it at the shop right that's right by you, but at the Shopwright in North Bergen I'm Kennedy Boulevard. That's where I get it. Go to the deli counter and they slice it for you fresh, yep, and it is delicious, all right, love y'all.
Speaker 5: She's right, all right. I love that little tip boy.
Speaker 4: And not only did she tell you where she gets it and when she was specific, but she's also aware very smartly pointed out that not every shop right carries the same merchandise because they're individually owned they are.
Speaker 5: So yeah, so good point. But appreciate you. Thank you. Yeah, all right, moving along? What's this?
Speaker 8: What's up Brooklyn boys? DJ Millie here at three twenty four. I know I'm a little behind. I know that's probably what you were thinking about the other common I was leaving. I listened to the podcast when I golfed. That's how I started during COVID. Right when COVID started, I was going out golfing a lot during the week. I think I hit probably about one hundred episodes in like three or four weeks.
Speaker 9: With you guys.
Speaker 10: So nice.
Speaker 8: That's uh, that was my main thing. And put some that phone to with a warm maskt and got it done.
Speaker 5: Appreciate you, buddy.
Speaker 11: Reggie here cool. Can everyone just get off their high horse when it comes to complaining about people having an only fan site, as if all of us on this podcast don't take a cum shot every time Scary has that inappropriate product endorsement. Not cool, Like the cumbshots are right, but the only fans isn't come.
Speaker 6: On, Well, he's implying he's implying people love the jingles. Yeah, way too much.
Speaker 9: Brody and scary. Scary and brody.
Speaker 12: It's your boy Stewey from the Long Island Shop, right, episode three, Coop Brody, you're gonna spend nine dollars one way and your Dodge Chargia get that fucking Chicken of the Sea. You might as well buy this ship off Amazon.
Speaker 4: Talking about the chicken Ola King, right, Yeah, it's a good point. But Mike, listen, I get twenty miles per gallon in the chart.
Speaker 5: It's not that fent. Do you know where chicken ola King was invented? But you don't know? No, didn't I look it up last time?
Speaker 4: Chicken Ali King was invented at the world famous Delmonico Steakhouse, the scene of the controversial free steak dinner.
Speaker 5: Oh really, did you look that up?
Speaker 4: I looked it up, and it was also the home of the Delmonico Steak So now when you hear of a Delmonico steak, it comes from that Delmonico's. It's been there for over one hundred and fifty years, that restaurant.
Speaker 6: And by the way, those of you who keep sending me Stouffers frozen chicken Ala King Dinner DMS on Instagram. I'm not looking for any chicken Ala King. I just want the Swanson's in the Can. I went to Walmart and I was told, oh, this Walmart doesn't.
Speaker 5: Have it because Brody pretarles it in a can.
Speaker 4: No, I prefer that brand. I'm not in in the can guy, but thank you. Nothing wrong with that.
Speaker 12: Boy, Stewy from The Long Island Shop, Right Joey episode three of the Sea Brody, you're gonna spend nine dollars.
Speaker 10: In your Dutch charge.
Speaker 5: Same one. I mean, they might as well just buy that ship on He literally left word for word.
Speaker 4: It sounded word for word, word for word. Maybe he's reading the script, maybe he is. Anyway, I thought he was gonna talk about Cooper Shop being a shopwright, but I guess.
Speaker 5: Not, not like the Knicks just signed Cooper Sharp to A three or the.
Speaker 7: Brooklyn Boys.
Speaker 13: This is Stephanie from New Jersey, first time talkbacker. I just wanted to let you know that I was super behind on your Guys podcast. Yep, Brody, don't get at me for saying your Guys. I apologize I'm nervous, but basically I just wanted to let you know that I took the opportunity to catch up when the Big Show was on vacation, and I just now I'm behind on both. So today on episode three twenty and I realized I don't have many left, so I didn't want to rush through them because I hate when I have to wait weeks to week. So I went back to the Big Show today since I'm starting from January, and after one episode, I gotta come back. I can't do it.
Speaker 7: I gotta. I miss you, guys.
Speaker 5: I love you guys.
Speaker 14: Oh.
Speaker 6: Hell, by the way, for a first time talkbacker, not only did you leave a great message, and by the way, you guys, your guys podcast is fine.
Speaker 5: It's when you say guys's guys. That's not a thing.
Speaker 6: That's a Brooklyn yeah, I said, but not yeah. But here's what you did, Stephanie, right. I believe with Stephanie you left a second talk back and went right into it flawlessly.
Speaker 5: You didn't, you didn't get into the hole.
Speaker 6: Hi, this is Stephanie again from that town. And this is my second to continuing the last one. He just went and keep going.
Speaker 4: You know, that's an etiquette that has not been announced, but I might now's a good time to say that, because we air them in chronological order. That is exactly why it is not necessary for you to reintroduce yourself on the second one.
Speaker 5: So if you haven't have one, allow me to reintroduce myself. My name is Oh.
Speaker 4: The first one is fine from and then you just pick up where you left off and I'll I'll just click from st.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and that's very nice.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So then I just go in order, so I just keep clicking buttons. So if I see two, three and unless you.
Speaker 5: Wait like a minute between ones, and then someone can slip one in between you. Yeah, but that doesn't happen very often, all right, all right, yeah.
Speaker 13: Anyway, Stephanie from New Jersey. Again, I apologize for leaving a third could bag, but I totally forgot to mention that the episode of The Big Show that I happened to catch, they were asking what everybody ate last night? And what does scary make Bronzino?
Speaker 5: Right, yeah, I mean Bronzia. He's a bouge bastard. It's not an expensive fish.
Speaker 4: It is moderately, yeah, but when you go to the fish store and buy it, it's not it's all not all that expensive.
Speaker 5: It's it's sits right.
Speaker 4: In the middle of I mean probably yeah, it's right in the middle of of.
Speaker 5: All the other fish.
Speaker 4: It's not as expensive as Chilean sea bass and some of those other ones.
Speaker 6: By the way, admit that you like Bronzino because it sounds like the last name of a kid you went.
Speaker 5: To school with. What the school with that guy? Hey, bronze.
Speaker 13: Number one and number two, number two in a bad way?
Speaker 9: All right, let's get him back.
Speaker 11: When the gurney, oh my surgery.
Speaker 5: Yeah, number one and number two. It's a good thing.
Speaker 6: I remember what you were talking about, all right, I guess I see. She must have listened to an older episode from December and then or January and then just.
Speaker 5: Was like, oh, they'll figure it out. Yep.
Speaker 6: Luckily I remember that particular moment in my life. Not my best Geary.
Speaker 13: The first time you got scam for that twenty dollars. You never told us the name nat. It's just saying the name is Tyrone. I'm wondering, did you my man him when you gave him a twenty.
Speaker 4: Great recall that is a well rounded slice. Appreciate that she is.
Speaker 5: Behind some episodes. Uh yeah, but she's right. You probably like, here you go, my man, I did not know the name of the first guy.
Speaker 15: Hey, Brutian scares Joe from California coming in on the Slice time for episode three twenty five, when Scary said that he thought wand of Sykes was on and In Color called it the Mandela effect.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but the.
Speaker 15: Mandela effect is when a large group of people remember that same thing happening. Yes, it was just you. Maybe it's just not true. I haven't taken enough enough lions mean no.
Speaker 4: Not taking back. I got, you know what I gotta. I got to reintroduce the lions made in the Courtceps introduced itself.
Speaker 16: I got.
Speaker 5: To bring it back because I've been on that diet all this time.
Speaker 4: So yeah, but the truth is, we don't know if I'm the only person I suspect A lot of people think Wanda Sykes.
Speaker 6: What you know for a fact, it isn't the Mandela effect. That's you just being a racist. No, it's not, yeah, just you. You're like, oh, she was funny and black back then. She must have been on Living Color. A lot of people think it was one of sikes. I can't be the only one slices come to my rest Okay, nobody's the only one of anything, so of course there's other people who think whatever.
Speaker 17: All right, Hey, this is Sheer from Feuth Jersey.
Speaker 4: By the way, before you go on, I also thought that five Ash Finkle was in Fiddler on the Roof.
Speaker 5: Go figure, Oh my god, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't fish Finkle played played the guy in the Fiddler on the Roof.
Speaker 5: Yeah, on Broadway. Now did you look up the fact that he never played Fiddler on the Roof? Yes, that's an't is that Mandela effect? Or is that race? So that's again you you just being Oh he was a Jew, he must have been Finkle. Hey, this is Sheer from.
Speaker 18: Which is I don't recall what podcast number it was, but I couldn't stop when Brody said I took.
Speaker 9: A risk of.
Speaker 5: All right, what did you say? It's very funny? What did you just say at the end? Not google it?
Speaker 4: I feel no, I feel like you guys are talking behind my back, just saying okay.
Speaker 6: By the way, I just looked it up. Five Ish Finkle played Tava in a touring production of Fiddler on the Roof.
Speaker 4: But I've been I've been redeemed. Well, he wasn't in the movie. He wasn't you know, it doesn't matter it on Broadway. I gotta go tell on the Big Show because they all accuse me of.
Speaker 5: Why didn't you look it up?
Speaker 4: Because I googled him on Broadway and he was never in Fiddler renew from Broadway, but he was with the touring company that counts.
Speaker 5: Thank you, Brody. Redemption is mine? Okay, redemption it well?
Speaker 3: All right, Ale broom boys, what its boys? And Mike, I've been sick for the past couple of weeks. Brody, I know how you feel. Bro Yeah, it's been difficult for me to speak. So last week when I left my plumb back, I couldn't deliver the punchline correctly because it was difficult to speak. But anyway, I thought Brody were caught the reference, but he didn't and scary I wouldn't expect him to since he doesn't watch TV.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I barely watch TV.
Speaker 3: And so part two. So this was the reference. It was from the office, Michael Scott. He said this quote.
Speaker 19: You don't call retarded people retards.
Speaker 9: It's bad taste.
Speaker 19: You call your friends retards when our acting retarded.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so that was from the office and anyway, also, Brody, Uh, the Chicka King, Uh, it wasn't caught ship on the on the Shingo.
Speaker 5: No, that's part three.
Speaker 3: So yeah, Chicka King isn't caught ship on the Shingo in the military, but I don't the military guys would have caught it. But uh on the Shingos actually cream chick cream chipped beef, so it's on toast. Chick King was actually available as an entree in the.
Speaker 10: M RIS back in.
Speaker 3: The back in the our generation, but now it's not one of the flavors.
Speaker 5: All right, thank you, Agent Mike.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so, just to explain, my dad liked both of those things, and I conflated them.
Speaker 5: But yes, checking all the kings.
Speaker 6: The fact my father was was was in the army, and he he ate both of those things while.
Speaker 5: He was in the arm Is that the Mandela fact?
Speaker 6: No, it's Brody didn't remember when he was eight years old, and I could combine the two things.
Speaker 5: But oh, here comes part four.
Speaker 10: Buffle last one, I promise.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I set you guys as a preset for number one on my Heart Radio. Thank you, So yeah, like the only podcast I listened to besides occasionally I listened to Sauce on the Side, but anything else, it's always the Brooklyn Boys and thanks for love last week scary. I love you guys. I love you to Brody and I grew up listening to you guys on the Morrow Show.
Speaker 5: Now I'm no mean, no mean, thank you.
Speaker 6: By the way, speaking of Sauce on the Side, Gandhi's podcast, which is excellent as well. A Slice sent me a screenshot on Twitter and said, look, guys, I made you number one preset, which is great.
Speaker 5: Nice, But then.
Speaker 6: I saw the same Slice sent a screenshot to Gandhi showing that he made her podcast.
Speaker 5: Oh number one precepts.
Speaker 4: Come on, man, screenshot what are they doing? What's it gonna be?
Speaker 7: So?
Speaker 5: Hold on?
Speaker 4: So, first of all, Gandhi did not ask you to do that, right, you know, doesn't care we did as much as you're right.
Speaker 5: Well, I don't know if she cares enough.
Speaker 6: But anyway, Number two, ultimately, if you were joking, that's fine, but you have to ultimately end up with one of us actually for real, in the number one slot. Who's it gonna be the ones to asking you nicely or the ones who didn't ask you at all.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying I caught you. I busted you.
Speaker 4: You busted with Scary and Brodie. All right, we're motoring through this, yeah, doing motoring singing well, I love that.
Speaker 5: The price of life is that the right words, It's what's what's your price for flight? Both finding mister Wright.
Speaker 6: But yeah, anyway, that's a night ranger and nobody knows what this song is.
Speaker 5: Sister Christian, sister dude.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's some that's some cock rock right there. And then at the end we goes motoring. Okay, nailed it.
Speaker 16: Hey, guys, Laura from Connecticut. I'm listening to you guys on the Slices talkbacks, and I'm originally from New York. I grew up in Queens.
Speaker 5: I know you did.
Speaker 16: I just moved to Connecticut about ten years ago. No, my heart is still in Connecticut. I grew up right outside of Shea Stadium. That's all the way. So I love you guys and listening to you for quite some time from the beginning. And I'm from New York. In the heart always.
Speaker 5: We always, we knew that.
Speaker 4: And Brody accused me of of us jumping to conclusions when I could clearly hear in her voice she was frow.
Speaker 5: Want to let you guys know I'm from New York. Yeah. Yeah. On the episode, she's referring to you told.
Speaker 4: You you kind of lashed at me and you were like, how do you know she's from New York.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I enjoyed last I enjoy lashing at you and making explain things by the way she said she got hold on. She said she grew up near a city field, which I assume at some point when she grew up with Shaye Stadium, different different building.
Speaker 5: She said, Shaye last night.
Speaker 6: As we tape this, this is what Wednesday, February fifth said, Today the fifth, Today's March fifth, March fifth.
Speaker 5: Sorry that swimming.
Speaker 6: Yeah last night was the two episode premiere of Daredevil on Disney Plus of season one, but it's really season four. There's a scene where Kingpin says, oh, he's in Manhattan. I'm gonna give anypoilers away. It's not a spoiler. He's in Manhattan and they have to drive to Brooklyn to meet someone, and they get stuck in traffic, and when he gets out of his car, you could see city Field in the background, which is Queen's And there is no path to go from Manhattan to Queens that you'd go past Cityfield to get to Brooklyn.
Speaker 5: THAT'STERI and I was like, oh.
Speaker 4: My god, I'm a New Yorker. That's fucked up. Yeah, a lot of fun. That thing's going on too with Universal Orlando. When you're walking through down the streets and you're on you're on forty second Street, and somehow it forty second Street intersects like you know, thirty fourth Street.
Speaker 5: Anyway, these two do not or Bleaker Street.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Bleeker Street meets forty second Street somehow, I don't know how that it's possible.
Speaker 6: They run Palo If you're a fan of Daredevil, this afternoon at three pm East Coast time, Scary's rubbing his head.
Speaker 5: Look at Scary. He's no, no, no, no, no, no, no, keep going.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm going to be on the Marvel Movie Talk podcast breaking down the first two episodes of Daredevil, which will still be on the If you go to YouTube and search for Marvel Movie Talk podcast, you could find it there by the time they were watching it live and we've already no they might see this, but I just said it lives on YouTube tube, so you can go on YouTube and look at it after the fact. Okay, sounds good, We'll see you there. I watched TV Scary doesn't.
Speaker 20: Scrodium Berry Shane from Florida Slice for Life about your comments about how we don't listen to the Slice time podcast part.
Speaker 5: I was one of those.
Speaker 15: I didn't really care what other people thought.
Speaker 14: But if you give it time and listen to it, there's very much gold in there.
Speaker 5: N I mean lo Wow, I mean.
Speaker 17: Brody and carry Lisa the Swedish metal fan. Hey, commenting on when you guys were talking about the Firefest and Scary was asking Brodie who he would go to see for fourteen hundred dollars. Me personally, I will gladly and proudly pay fourteen hundred to see n Sync again. If I could see it perform, that would be awesome, amazing. I'm an elder millennial, I was an InSync girl back in the day, and I would totally pay that to go see en Sync again.
Speaker 4: Hey, you go see fourteen hundred dollars. Some people would pay fourteen hundred. People paid fourteen hundred dollars first Taylor Swift ticket.
Speaker 5: So I mean, you know, it's not without the real possibility.
Speaker 4: If Taylor was playing Firefest, that shit would sell out at fourteen undered to play Firefest. She's her own artist. I'm hypothetically you that would. We threw the question out there. Thank you for your answer all the way.
Speaker 5: Oh you know in sinc I yeah, I could see that. Yeah, I like you. I see.
Speaker 6: There's no groups that I love that broke up so long ago that I missed them for fourteen hundred dollars like Kiss retired.
Speaker 4: Mostly as a band, but only like a year and a half ago. So you're not there yet.
Speaker 5: You're good. Yeah, I'm good. I'm good. I'm good. I mean the.
Speaker 21: Bus driver here, listen to.
Speaker 22: Three twenty five Lifetime. I'm kind of upset with the chugger that he didn't give it three balls in a spoon when he tried that chicken out of kings, but whatever seven and a half A hey, bad, okay, three balls in the spoon for me though, if I would try that.
Speaker 5: Thank you, buddy, thank you.
Speaker 6: He's crossing the streams there, quoting the Serial Killers podcast.
Speaker 5: I love that a nice So that was nice reference.
Speaker 7: Hey, Brooklyn mo Shamie from Queen's Here.
Speaker 23: Of course, Skeary wants to go to dumpster Firefest. We know he's gullible. Come on, he's moving that He'll go to the festival in Cancun and someone will be there and conveniently need farzine dollars to get to New Jersey because they just want a double shut and they have no cards in their phone died. But they'll be wearing a suit, so that makes it legitimate.
Speaker 7: Come on, we know how this works with him already.
Speaker 5: You're my spirit animal. Jamie from Queens.
Speaker 23: Heybrook from Queens against Gary. You were talking about the woman sampling endless amounts of ice cream and you were stuck waiting. Well, I have a friend who does that when we go to the mall, but she does that with perfume, and I know that sounds weird. The local mall all has a perfume store, and this friend of mine will want to smell like six different perfumes and go back and forth.
Speaker 7: And all that, and she'll be like, well, what do you think, And I'm.
Speaker 23: Like, I think I want to go get my food and get home because my dog has to take a piss.
Speaker 4: Great, uh, yeah, no, great, take on that. I I don't believe the analogies. Well, well, the analogy with the perfumes. In versus the ice cream the perfume. It's it's just like they spray it in the air and you're not really and it's a tester, it's a test.
Speaker 5: There's not a line of people waiting to order their perfume.
Speaker 4: That is correct as well. So it's you get you get the lack of line. And with ice cream, you're actually almost using the product, right, and there's there's time that it takes and you're wasting plastic spoons.
Speaker 5: Well you are using the perfume product.
Speaker 4: Well yeah, but it's it's at a very slow slower pace, much slower slower pace. I think it's acceptable. Nah, Plus, perfume is a bigger investment. You're talking about a fifty sixty dollars bottle maybe more ice cream is about ice cream is like six hundred calories right on your ass.
Speaker 5: You got to make sure it's good, good calories for your ass.
Speaker 4: Okay, if you measure calories the way I was talking about cash to cash, I mean, yeah, it's a few dollars, all right, So you don't like it, you're throw it out.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying not doing that.
Speaker 11: Brook Glynn boys, Hi, y'all boy's doing today?
Speaker 2: Hold up.
Speaker 24: Let me give Brody a second to finish talking.
Speaker 5: All right, Mary, I.
Speaker 11: Want to let you know that the Dubai chocolate is actually pretty good. I tried two different ones and I got a third one coming.
Speaker 19: On the way.
Speaker 7: It's delicious.
Speaker 25: The chocolate is primo, the pistaschio.
Speaker 11: Paste is creamy, and the kanaffi is crunchy.
Speaker 5: Is really delicious kanaffee.
Speaker 11: Also, the next thing I want.
Speaker 5: To say sounds knowledgeable. I like her.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she's great. No no, no, no no, it's saying caw I wasn't correcting her. Kanaffi is kanaffi? Is that the crunchy ingredient in there that I didn't mention last week? It's so fucking good, Glenn boy, it's me again.
Speaker 11: It's cue from all over the map. What I wanted to say is, Garry, when you go on vacation, can you at least call in and give us one episode instead of having us fucking wait until you come back from vacation. Like all y'all doing is fucking talking.
Speaker 3: You can't just.
Speaker 21: Sit down and pick up a phone and have a conversation.
Speaker 5: That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 9: Maybe you'll get more listeners if you know, make.
Speaker 5: A podcast every week.
Speaker 7: That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 18: And I'll be buying a shirt pretty soon, Brody, I got you, boy, hurry up.
Speaker 4: Let's take your numbers for February numbers. We gotta pump up the merch sales. I got, I got college to Are we going to chapter eleven on the merch store? Is it gonna go foreclosure on us? When the cost of.
Speaker 6: Running the merch store is equal or graded to than the trust was selling? Got something more shirts, Brooklyn boys, that big cartel dot Com.
Speaker 26: I can make David Brody's hands. I knew that was the song Brody was trying to remember. But in the Trucker song from the Last Slice time, what was the thing Angel said?
Speaker 9: In that song?
Speaker 26: He said he slipped something in. I listened three times and I can't figure out what that is, and that's driving me crazy.
Speaker 5: So let me get this straight. You can't figure out what Angel the Trucker said that we didn't know previously. You haven't been able to figure out what Angel the Trucker whose identity is hidden said in that voicemail. All right, well we'll have to keep thinking about it.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Huh.
Speaker 26: Hey John from CT chill Out attacking the sex workers. You don't decide what's right for other people. I would want that for my daughter if it made them happy. I know there's bad things about it, but there's bad things about everything. It's bad to learn a skill just to make money and spend most of your life doing that when it's something you would never do Otherwise, each his own live and let live. They're not hurting you, so you don't need to attack.
Speaker 20: Yeah.
Speaker 4: No, I never said anything negative to the about the sex workers.
Speaker 17: No.
Speaker 6: What I said was I, first of all, I don't know if showing your feet on OnlyFans is a sex worker. There's no sex involved. What I said was I wouldn't want that from my daughters, right. I don't think any either of us judge what other people do. I just wouldn't want that for my daughters. Now, So Party's saying is he's all for the sex worker. What I'm not a fan of is people who say, well, bad things can happen anywhere, right. It's like, well, I do heroin because I could get hit by a bus tomorrow. Is not a great explanation for why you do heroin. You should, you should? You should not do heroin. Also, apples and oranges. Sex work is not is not heroin. It's sorry I'm saying, like, oh you poor analogy.
Speaker 5: No, my point.
Speaker 6: My point is if you're if you're a baseball player or or an airline pilot, you're you're not likely to get beaten and killed by a client. Like there's different things that can happen to you in different jobs. Sex working is a dangerous industry. You can get diseases and and that could kill you. So I'm just saying, your daughters, I don't write, I write, I would want to safer, right, but I'm not judging sex workers. And by the way, what there was predictions before the Oscars that they I saw a video from an expert and the Oscars and was saying that people who play prostitutes often win Oscars, that that the awards seems to be that playing a hooker prostitute gets you sometimes awards for acting. Hence no right they predicted a Nora would win for Best Actress because.
Speaker 4: She played she played a prostitute, which is, by the way, is set in Brighton Beach, Brooklyn, our hometown. Uh you know, Brooklyn, our hometown, and that's a Russian area of Brooklyn, So.
Speaker 6: And Daredevil filmed the scene multiple scenes in the diner, one of the diners by our old Ze one hundred studios where we used to order breakfast from.
Speaker 5: Not Brooklyn, but yeah, exactly.
Speaker 6: But I'm Sayinglawer Manhattan speaking of locations is what I'm saying. Okay, I noticed it was the diner that we sent Greg t to to buy breakfast for everyone.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, and in fact, on the subject of Anora waiting, just like literally cleaning up at the oscars, it makes me want to see it, but not just not because of the accolades.
Speaker 5: So I thought you were gonna say it makes you want to hire a hooker.
Speaker 4: No, it makes me want to see it makes me want to see Anora because it was set. It's set in Brooklyn, so I want I want to see it.
Speaker 5: All about it? Yeah, well you can come over my place. I have it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because I'm a SAG After member, I have the DVD and the streaming of.
Speaker 5: What If I proposition to you? Because I'm a secret sex worker, I don't judge you. You're not my daughter.
Speaker 8: Ashley Jones, Southwest Virginia, Episode three, twenty homework completed.
Speaker 5: Nice, thank you you.
Speaker 18: Hey, guys, it's Riesa from Wisconsin. Scary. I'm actually floored that you don't have some kind of leather, gold studded, fancy ass expensive bottles you're fillable for all your fancy hair gels and things for traveling. I mean, you live on the airplane. It's not like you're not going to finish the bottles. I know, it's just grabbing go. You always have stuff Freddy for your next trip.
Speaker 5: It's laziness.
Speaker 4: The TSA confiscated my hair gel in case you didn't catch up yet, and my.
Speaker 5: Toothpaste not a liquid. So wait a minute, what do you hold on? What Slice?
Speaker 6: Do you think is listening to this episode of Slice Time? But has it listened to last week's episode of The Brooklyn Boys.
Speaker 4: I could tell you because the last talkback was from episode three twenty scary scamp again. So that person that isn't hearing this, yes they are, because they left to talk back last week, so they're listening to this. I can only think that they're listening for their talkback this week. You think they jumped ahead. Yeah. People listen to the Slice times and listen to the most updated version, whether they're with the podcast or not.
Speaker 5: Up up to snow because you don't know what we're talking about.
Speaker 4: Listen to order people, come on, all right, I would play to listen to order jingles, But Scary still hasn't brought those home.
Speaker 18: I know you said that this was the first time you've encountered this, and you've flown before and they haven't cared about the sizes of your bottles. But I guess last time I flew, I was quadruple checking the website to make sure that I was within.
Speaker 20: The specs. But yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 18: I'm not bougie enough. I don't think I could afford to replace a thirty dollars bottle of hair gel whatever. Yeah, if I i'd be upset.
Speaker 5: Yeah that you went, Yep, she's right, she is correct.
Speaker 14: So guys, is Danny from Jersey City. It's been a while. I used to work for TSA.
Speaker 5: Ristine for about four years.
Speaker 14: A couple of years ago and Brody the water stuff they were talking about. The water still gets tested even if you say it's medical, so they don't just just give it back to you.
Speaker 20: They test it first and.
Speaker 7: They give it to you.
Speaker 14: If it fails, then it moves on to like different other forms of testing.
Speaker 5: Thank you. That sounds right to me.
Speaker 6: But the woman on that I was talking to on social media was adamant that they just say, oh, keep the bottle, Dan again.
Speaker 7: Scary Jones.
Speaker 14: You just got lucky with your toothpaste and whatever it was that they confiscated. Yeah, the rules are the same at every airport, so if they missed it at one, I mean, if it went through one airport, they either missed it or it just didn't look that bad the angle it was, so you just got lucky.
Speaker 10: Also, some people, especially like a.
Speaker 14: New hire, they're more strict about the rules BECAUSEY don't want to get hired.
Speaker 10: So a four ounce bottle won't go.
Speaker 14: But for me that I was there for a while, like after a while, four ounces.
Speaker 7: Fuck the difference, Let.
Speaker 5: It go, okay, frozen.
Speaker 4: Song references so refersents one talk back, But thank you so much.
Speaker 5: We appreciate your feedback on that.
Speaker 11: Reggie here, this is exactly why I can't go to theaters anymore. And nothing to do with you know, the nudity or the oral and getting kicked out. It has to do with the fact that people are annoying. If you're kicking me in the seat and I accidentally dumped my entire drink on your legs over my shoulder. I don't want to hear about it.
Speaker 6: Fair point, it's fair by the way, for those of you who didn't catch the reference, that was my reference.
Speaker 4: Got lucky and I said, he said get lucky or got lucky. That's DFF punkin Pharrell. But thanks right, you got that. And he said it's been a.
Speaker 5: While and I said thank you. Stained yeah, And then at the end he said let it go, and I said, frozen over.
Speaker 24: Prosty.
Speaker 5: Oh no, he comes in trucker production. I smell.
Speaker 27: Talk back star.
Speaker 10: Can't be Richie here, No, no, Retchie, he can't.
Speaker 5: Be cowboy cow by Sucker.
Speaker 27: What's going on there, Chad?
Speaker 10: Reggie.
Speaker 27: Something's happened Reggie. No, No, you're wrong. Something kind of happened to her. There's no way. She's too strong. She doesn't listen to anybody know what it's on this radio. It's a break Well. I'm gonna get to the bottom of this.
Speaker 5: But no, it couldn't be.
Speaker 27: It had to have been that damn scooty juice.
Speaker 10: He's always messing with him. He tried to get me.
Speaker 27: He got one bel Diz and now he's there, Reggie, Oh.
Speaker 5: That balls my blood. That's Goody Jones.
Speaker 4: Okay, first of all, I don't think slices understand the level of time and production that went into that, because he first time to record radio broadcast. He to record himself on a track and then play the track back with him talking over it and interlacing that with music.
Speaker 5: And did you notice that Cowboy Trucker invited Chad from Omaha House. I noticed that. I didn't know they were friends. He's a real angel. I'm sorry. What okay?
Speaker 4: Sarah McLaughlin Okay, Aerosmith, Oh God, okay, Shaggy, I gotta go.
Speaker 5: That's okay. California and Anaheim in Los Angeles, Brody.
Speaker 11: The next time a woman threatens you with her husband, you say, I'm calling Reggie here because I can hit a woman, there's no problem.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 4: But when you say you want to hit a woman, you mean you want to hit that. It's a different kind of hitting. I'm gonna come over and go down on her in a theater. Alanis Marsat, Thanks, so I think we I think Reggie, she coined her own phrase, Reggie here, it's like a thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you should, Actually you know what T shirts? Yep, I would buy the T shirt. I would buy the T shirt Reggie.
Speaker 6: Just like, what if we put Reggie here shirts in our merch store, then maybe we'd sell some shirts.
Speaker 5: I don't know. My boys podcast all right, very nice? Uh, we are motoring. I'm not gonna I'm not gonna say it. I'm not gonna say it. I don't want you to, Sister Christian. We're more than halfway through that ranger.
Speaker 4: We're two thirds the way through a let's see, here is this Reggie again.
Speaker 21: From episode three twenty six y you were talking about a song you couldn't remember. I'm watching a trailer the other day or I guess it was a few weeks ago, called the Actor, and halfway through the tone kind of changes and the song starts playing. It's like pop up up bah bah bah bah bah bob. I'm like, what the fuck is that song? Well, I'll just google it and I'll look up the actor. And so now you can't there's like, you know, six seven movies called the Actor and you can't find it.
Speaker 7: So I can't find it anywhere.
Speaker 5: I just forget about it.
Speaker 21: So then fast forward in about three weeks and I'm watching the Secret Life of Walter Midy, and not the Ben Stiller one, but the nineteen forty seven Danny k Won. And in a scene, this girl starts playing on the piano bo bop up.
Speaker 5: I'm like, holy shit, that's it.
Speaker 9: So I'm googling as fast as I can.
Speaker 21: I'm looking it up. I'm my Secret Life Walter Mitty, And right in the middle of it, he says, well, that's my favorite song, beautiful Dreamer. Holy shit, that's it. Go to spot if I find it. Beautiful Dreamer.
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 21: Ted from Iowa, Thank you, by the way.
Speaker 5: Ten from Iola.
Speaker 6: I assume, however, you were watching the first movie you told about you weren't able to back up, because if you could back it up, uh, you could just saxam the song.
Speaker 5: So I assume you didn't have the ability to do that. Probably not, but you got it nice out.
Speaker 28: The taking the water through TSA for medications, that is one hundred percent true. I go ahead, every single time, bring a bottle of water. However, it does have to be unopened and they will test the edges of it to make sure there's no explosives or no corrosives.
Speaker 4: Okay, A good day thank you, so that I'm I'm you know, I'm better hear that isis slices ice of slices.
Speaker 5: You can't do that.
Speaker 4: You can't spell. You can't spell slices without ices, without ice with ices other isis not isis noces slices has I in it. Yeah, but you can't spell slices without isis I, s I s isis slices. You can spell splices without isis you can't, Yeah, because s l I c E s isis is I s I S you'd have to have the word inside the word. You don't have that with isis. So that's wrong.
Speaker 5: Slices has S and I in it. Yeah, but not noise. It's got to be it's got to be in it's got to be in that order. That's not true. No, it doesn't. That's not what the expression means. Sure it does. No, it doesn't. Yeah, No, you.
Speaker 4: Just can't spell slices without the letters and isis.
Speaker 5: Oh all right?
Speaker 4: Is it so similar to you can't there's no I in team, but there's me M E. And it's because it's not in order. It's yeah, right, correct? You know what isis stands for? Not that we need to do.
Speaker 5: And I don't care. I'm moving on. I don't care. Yeah, moving on, all right, Thank you so much. A lot to say everybody.
Speaker 29: Then my girlfriend went down to Cancun, uh right after Christmas. I didn't even think about the bottle sizes. I had full sized shampoo, full sized, toothbruh, toothpaste, full size everything. So I made it through no problem. See, that's really weird. They were getting you on like point two ounces.
Speaker 5: Fuckers.
Speaker 4: Hey guys, it was a nitpicky asshole, that's the problem. He was having a bad day and he wanted to pick on me. And the worst part is there was nobody there. There was no waiting.
Speaker 5: I'm like, oh my god, this is too good to be true. I was literal. They had nothing to do. It was so empty in the airport. There was no one in front of It was knowing in front of me. There was knowing in back of me. And I got t s a pre and I got clear. So what you know, one of my you know, there was noing mind you. I looked, there's nobody in there. You were looking around. That's suspicious.
Speaker 16: Fuck you, hey, guys, Laura from Connecticut. That is super annoying. For someone to taste seven different flavors. Yeah, she knew from the beginning that she was going to get strawberry, but she decided to go with seven different ones just to taste them.
Speaker 5: For the joy of the product.
Speaker 16: I work for a car dealership. I had someone walk in says, they want to test drive five cars. Sorry, not happening. Pick two.
Speaker 27: Oh.
Speaker 16: She lost her shit.
Speaker 7: She was like, just too, How am I supposed to decide?
Speaker 16: Laura from Connecticut again, I was like, yeah, you're just test driving too, especially since she said I'm not buying today and I don't know what I'm gonna buy. Sit there and waste my commission on someone who's just going to test drive five cars.
Speaker 5: Happening.
Speaker 16: You can test drive too and then keep it moving. So that's pretty annoying for her to just meet seven. They should have a sign up that says sorry, you could just taste.
Speaker 4: I wonder if some places, yogurt chops, ice cream places have a limit assigned.
Speaker 5: Limit that says a US. I've seen them. Yeah, a limit by the way. Three.
Speaker 6: If you're a car dealership and I know a decent amount about cars, so I make it could be wrong, but I don't know too many brands of cars unless you're on the kind of lot that has multiple dealerships like a conglomerate, like an auto mall. If you just walk into any like one Toyota or uh you know, a Dodge dealership, they don't have five different types of cars in the same category. In other words, in a five four door sedans.
Speaker 5: Yeah right, there's not five, So you're not what are you gonna go?
Speaker 4: I want to drive the Dodge Charger, but also want to dry the Dodge Mini Van and the Dodge dog Like you're not going, I want to drive the Dodge Suv.
Speaker 5: Stop it. Five is ridiculous unless.
Speaker 4: You're at an auto mall, in which case you'd be going from dealership to dealership anyway, not asking the same woman of five cars.
Speaker 5: I'm with you, it's my point.
Speaker 7: Hyper boys.
Speaker 25: This is Marta from I Live in to Boyne II from PA I Scary A long time ago when you were at the I was save Arra invite you for beer at the iocraft for your ten. This is in reference to episode three twenty five and Brody you mentioned that shit on a shingle was chicken Ala King. You saw us from the past and it's actually cream dried beef on toast shingles.
Speaker 9: Cream dried beef.
Speaker 5: Yep. Well yeah, sounds appetizing now I conflated.
Speaker 16: Hey, guys, lore from CT, I want to move my seat either just because you're pregnant doesn't mean anything. If it was hurt or that'd be a different story. You know how many times I was on the New York subways with my children, one on a stroller too, holding on, one on the hip. No one got out of the seat for me. No one got out of the seat for my kids. No one cared that I was, you know, with all these children. So don't feel entitled. Just because you're pregnant doesn't mean someone's got to move for you.
Speaker 6: There no Now, listen, if I'm on a train, I will. I'll give my seat up for a pregnant woman, absolutely, But this wasn't about giving up anything.
Speaker 5: It was an unrealistic request of a seat. I couldn't What was I gonna do?
Speaker 4: I didn't recline, And again, a recliner in a movie theater is designed to recline without affecting the people behind you.
Speaker 5: So that was just hogwash.
Speaker 4: She want a room for the fucking Captain America, upside down shield bucket a popcorn.
Speaker 16: Hey guys, Laura from CT Scary, what's this thing about bed bugs in a movie theater? I never heard of that ever, thank you. I've heard of bedbugs from a hotel. Absolutely doesn't matter how bougie it is.
Speaker 5: Google.
Speaker 16: Someone can still bring bedbugs to a hotel.
Speaker 5: Google it.
Speaker 16: So I don't know where you got from a movie theater. I've never heard anybody getting bed bugs.
Speaker 10: You a movie, have a.
Speaker 5: Computer in your pocket? Okay.
Speaker 4: A couple years ago there was a story about bedbugs in a movie theater, and he won't let it go. I can google it right now and they'll all come up. You couldn't google Fiddler on the Roof. Now you get a Google this, Hey Google, Hey Brody, Google this, Hey Google this, asshole.
Speaker 30: I had to redo this recording because I almost said scary and brody, but brody and scary.
Speaker 5: Thank you. Yeah.
Speaker 30: The entire time this is heavy flowed jew the entire time that Scary was talking about fire Festival. I was like, that dude definitely wants to be there, even if yep, because he wants to be He wants to say I was there. He has worse fue with than my two and a half year olds.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Scary doesn't not only he doesn't not only want to be there, he wants to not not be there.
Speaker 5: That's Scary's problem.
Speaker 6: He doesn't want to be able to be like I wasn't there as much as he wants to be able to say was there. So he'll be there. He will be at the fire festival. We will not have an episode of doing that.
Speaker 4: Brody does googling on demand as as the podcast is happening. But mun of Reddit threads about about bed bugs. I don't want to name the and out these theaters. But what don't they call Reddit threads to credits threadits? They should, because then then that's a problem with the app. Threads may be confusing. No, those are threads, they're not threadits, threadits whatever. By the way, threads is still terrible. That's all I'm gonna It's awful. I don't go on it. It's just a it's just there. It's a companion. I have like one thousand followers on threads discuss and when I put up post up, nobody responds. Another I put up on blue Sky. I get more responses on Blue Sky where I have not as many fun. I was going to go after them next, because that's the next thing that didn't take off his blue sky.
Speaker 5: Everyone's talking about blue sky. I got a blue sky.
Speaker 6: Talking about the people I follow have hundreds of thousands of followers. Absolutely, it's taken off. It's taken off of people who don't like the culture of Twitter. Perhaps you're not one of those people. I'm not one of those people. I'm ex I'm doing.
Speaker 4: It's certainly doing better than Tribal and Mammoth and all those other fake twitters. Continuing on, our bed bugs Common movie sponsor not only our bedbooks Common. They are the ultimate hitchhikers. They could be fair hard to spot spot in the dark. Fabric seats if they have any in the theater provide plenty of spots.
Speaker 5: For bug seats.
Speaker 4: If they have fabric, they can hide and lay their eggs, and each new gas provides either a source of food or a ride out of the theater.
Speaker 6: Okay, first of all, I haven't been to a movie theater with cloth, tons and tons and years articles there's YouTube videos of I.
Speaker 5: Don't even want to see this. I'm out scary.
Speaker 4: Nobody has material seats anymore and written normal like a MC.
Speaker 5: And they live in the carpets too. They're all over the place.
Speaker 6: Okay, all right, yeah, I I have not seen a recent story of anyone getting all right, you don't go to movie theaters because you don't want to be around people in movie theaters and you don't care about movies.
Speaker 4: All right, they're blaming the bug.
Speaker 19: I had to do this recording because I almost said scary and brody.
Speaker 10: But brody and scary.
Speaker 5: You didn't do it.
Speaker 30: Yeah, the entire time.
Speaker 5: All right, I don't know what he's talking about.
Speaker 6: He's leaving the voice back as he said over again. Yeah, he doesn't realize you got it right the second time.
Speaker 31: Hey guys, this is Teresa from Zero Beach, Florida, previously from Woodbridge, New Jersey. Hey, I just wanted to mention to scary next time, put a scale, a food scale in your carry on so that way you can measure your hair gel and your toothpaste to prove.
Speaker 5: Your point by it's not by way, you guys having a great day. I love your podcast, Thank you so much.
Speaker 6: To clarify, it's not what they don't. They're not weighing your liquids it's by volume.
Speaker 4: How many ounces? Yeah, not weigh ounces, which, by the way, they don't have a proper count of the of the volume anyway. How do you measure the volume? You have to actually take a measuring cup. But the toothpaste is solid, damn it. It should not be part of this bullshit.
Speaker 6: Oh you can make you can make a bomb and bloss the side of a plane with toothpaste.
Speaker 9: Scary and birdie, Birdie scar Can I just say that the slices at I think because of YouTube we get to laugh, smile and cry because of you two. The way that you lavish your hilarity on us is insane. You gentlemen, are both exceptional podcasters. I had expectations of what the BBP would be like, but you far surpassed them. You have no idea the amount of joy you bring to people's faces each and every week. I just wanted you to know that.
Speaker 5: Thank you so much. We appreciate you. Thank you very much, well thought out. I'm still not convinced that that's not Ai.
Speaker 32: Brody is scary and never scary and brody. This is well from ct Well. I want to take this time to start a petition. I would like Scary and Brody to start a new podcast called The Brooklyn Boys Presents. Major Slices have Reggie the Trucker if you can lock them down. Also, Wanfeldt does have those three just yapping it up. Have weekly guests like MJ FROMNJ, Dez Donny from CT. Come on Slices, Let's make this happen.
Speaker 6: Donny, don me, Donnie, you know what. I like that idea, but it sounds a lot like Slice Time.
Speaker 5: It does. But I love that he knows all the regulars. Very nice.
Speaker 33: Yeah, Brooklyn Boys, this is your boy. Aaron from Saint Louis by way of Canarsie calling on Brodie's mystery lyrics. James Brown part, Yes, I'm not mistaken. It reminds me of r osc King in the USA by John Mellencamp. The last verse where it's a spotlight our Martha Reeves. Let's don't forget James Brown. Brooklyn Boys. Aaron from Saint Louis Vie Canarsi again. Hey, I just want to apologize for my terrible singing. I'm fighting a little bit of a late winter cold here.
Speaker 5: All good.
Speaker 33: I hope you all are doing good.
Speaker 5: Thank you all is forgiving. Thank you so much.
Speaker 6: I got I gotta listen to John Mellencamp song. But as as you guys know by now, it was hands Clap, which, by the way, came on at pick a Ball the right after we recorded that episode. I was like, guys, shout, now the song comes on.
Speaker 24: Brody's scary, So you Brody, I am just like you.
Speaker 27: Uh.
Speaker 24: We are not making We don't make a lot of money.
Speaker 9: But we're good with money.
Speaker 5: I have a credit.
Speaker 24: Card that I specifically use for all recurring payments, and I have that credit card on notification to my phone, so when something get when it gets started, I get a notification to my phone.
Speaker 7: Because of that, I know when something goes up in Bryce and I will make the call and say, hey.
Speaker 34: I didn't pay for that.
Speaker 24: Good job, Brody. I don't need to say who this is. But about checking out the bag because of stuff in it. Honestly, I started bringing shit be my wife. My wife and I will just buy whatever we need there or before the trip will just go to like publics and get the travel side stop. Knowing that it gets to TSA.
Speaker 7: I don't bother anymore and it's too much a headache, and I don't like spending money. But for that, it's just too much a headache.
Speaker 5: All right, thank you for your feedback on that.
Speaker 4: Nice Here's a talkback from episode one twenty seven, Happy Mother's Day, more on mom?
Speaker 35: What hey, Bertie's scary. Hey, I'm just lifting listening back through started a zero again. I'm on episode one twenty seven and I'm laughing my ass off. I'm listening to you guys argue about the Tucy slide.
Speaker 24: Uh.
Speaker 35: I don't think you guys had talkbacks the first time I listened to it. But yeah, it's just the moonwalk. He's listening his left foot sliding the right, listening his right foot sliding the left. It's just the moonwalk. That's why he's talking about Michael Jackson. Hey, you guys, have a great day. Keep going Brooklyn.
Speaker 5: Boys, doesn't Kendrick Lamar make fun of him? And uh not like us? Instead this way? Step that way at the end of the sunger you know, right for I don't know his song the end of not Like Us? Where you know? Yeah, I don't know the song. Dude, the world famous he did it at the super Bowl.
Speaker 6: He did dude, I don't know if you know this, if you've been paying attention. I quoted eighties hairband dock In today.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: But and you're asking me about Kendrick Lamar. I don't work in radio anymore.
Speaker 5: It's not about working in radio.
Speaker 4: It's about the biggest pop culture moment where Kendrick Lamar that was the big disc track of Drake Fantastic and then hold on and then and then he talks about Drake being a pedophile and it's probably a minor, a minor, a trying to hit a chord, and it's probably a minor. It's a double entendre for a minor versus the chord, a minor or, a child.
Speaker 5: Hey yeah.
Speaker 6: Avengers Endgame is one of the highest grossing movies of all time. It was the culmination of ten years of excuse me, uh, ten years of Marvel movies, maybe eleven years and about twenty eight films at the time, roughly.
Speaker 5: You don't have to correct me, right.
Speaker 6: If I told you the significance of the the Mindstone and the Timestone and the Infinity Gauntlet, you would be like, I don't know what you're talking about. And I said, but scary, there's a number one movie in the world. It's one of the top five grossing films of all times. Again, you did watch the super Bowl though, right, scary check me?
Speaker 5: Uh, I mean, this is a super Bowl moment.
Speaker 4: This is a This is not Avengers is a Avengers is a genre populure?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, but it's a genre. It's still I watched the Super Bowl for football. I'm not a fan of Kendrick Lamars. I didn't enjoy the halftime show. To be honest with you, maybe he's the TV I was watching on at my cousin's house. Couldn't understand a fucking word he said. I have no interest in the in the genre of music.
Speaker 5: I didn't like it. You didnt see the flower case a chain that he was wearing for a minor Yeah, I get it. He made a pun. I get it.
Speaker 6: I don't I'm not interested in rapper fuds. It doesn't interest me. Let them fight amongst themselves or on the same record label. It's a great publicity stunt. I don't care. I don't care that John Cen uh kicked.
Speaker 5: He's evil. It's great.
Speaker 6: I don't care. I like John Cena because he's on Peacemaker. It's a great teas you know, we did on.
Speaker 5: The Big Show.
Speaker 4: Today, we played the announcement of John Cena turning evil in six languages, back to back to back to back to back on our show That's How Radio. It's a worldwide thing. Yes, John is a moment.
Speaker 6: It's a moment an actor pretended to become a bad guy in pretend wrestling.
Speaker 5: It's interesting. I'll say one thing. Point, I'll say one thing.
Speaker 4: Kendrick doing a disc track on the Super Bowl of Drake and having the whole stadium scream it is more of a moment than the Avengers pop culture moment. I'm sorry that your reference pales in comparison.
Speaker 5: In this case. I'm going to take you a task on it. Scary.
Speaker 6: I'm not saying it's not a pop culture moment. I'm saying I don't give a fuck. Okay, that's what I'm saying. I can't be any more clear about that. I don't care.
Speaker 4: About wrestling at a.
Speaker 6: Don't care about about Kendrick Lamar or Drake. I don't So it may have been pointing it to some people. It's like, look, I saw I went to see Taylor Swift. Right, our Constant is the highest grossing concert of all time. When I went we were at the same show.
Speaker 5: Yes, we were.
Speaker 6: To us, it was a fun concept. It was a good time culture moment. Yes we're living in a material world.
Speaker 5: But people who don't care about Taylor Swift, no big deal, no big deal. It wasn't a thing I just thought.
Speaker 4: I just, for whatever reason, I thought you'd be aware of it. I'm shocked, actually, because you know everything. But it's okay.
Speaker 5: I'm aware of it. I read the Breakdown.
Speaker 6: I know everything about about incarceration and how at one point it was it was they turned into a jail on stage, and how they were red, white, and blue, and Samuel L. Jackson was talking about how America is for everybody except if you're black.
Speaker 4: Like I got all the references, I got all the innuendos, but the fact was I had to read a fucking booked understanding. So it wasn't as obvious as I would have liked it to be.
Speaker 6: If you knew him and his music and his culture, you might have gotten a lot of the references. But if you watched Daredevil last night, you wouldn't have understood any of the references. And I would have said, but you don't understand that the importance of that character a smaller that's a smaller playing field.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, you're missing the analogy. Hello.
Speaker 4: The analogy is because you don't watch Marvel, you don't appreciate what you just watched.
Speaker 6: Correct, you wouldn't have gotten the references. So since I don't appreciate Kendrick Lamar or his music or his pulitzer or whatever, God bless him.
Speaker 5: He's making money and he's.
Speaker 4: Making people happy, but he's not making me happy.
Speaker 5: I can tell he's actually making you angry. Angry.
Speaker 4: Scary if a restaurant gets four star Michelin review, but it's by the way it cannot do. I'm not getting maximum is three stars. You can't go more than three stars in Michelin.
Speaker 6: No, I'm saying if it was that unbelievable again four stars.
Speaker 5: It wouldn't matter to me.
Speaker 4: It's like scary if they brought back let's say the friends cast up together, but you never watched Friends watch one moment. I don't know what that means exactly. We'll move on, And I don't think you should be singing that because.
Speaker 36: It's in regards to TSA limits. As a former TSA employee, you are allowed to bring things in for medical reasons, but they do test that, yes, thank you, to make sure it is not a dangerous substance. Also, another way to bring in water is just make sure it's frozen solid and they can still go through. All right, keep up the great show, guys.
Speaker 4: All right, I want to have frozen solid. I have to keep it in a cooler with ice packs to get into the airport.
Speaker 5: Still frozen.
Speaker 19: Broken, boys, This is El from CT Brody. I took your advice from the latest episode three twenty six and listen to episode to twenty and I learned a lot about becoming expert thanks to you.
Speaker 5: Thanks.
Speaker 1: Good morning. This is Chad from Omaha. And most of the time it's going to be Brody. What's scary?
Speaker 10: You know, Brody, I don't know about you, buddy.
Speaker 1: Going back to that movie theater story you were giving us with the pregnant lady, I have one question.
Speaker 10: When the ladies behind you switched seats, did they ask the other gentleman that was in front of the to move his seat.
Speaker 1: Forward, And if so, did he move his seat forward? Was he a gentleman? Because I don't know, Brody. The little bit of a holes in your story kind of like Swiss cheese there, so let us know.
Speaker 10: Inquiring minds want to know.
Speaker 1: Okay, and you see we're listening to what you're saying, so be careful what you say.
Speaker 10: Brody, Okay, bye, thank you.
Speaker 5: Angel I.
Speaker 6: I guess Chad got back from Hi his trip to uh to Texas from Omaha. The woman asked both of us at some point to move up. Once she sat her her friend sat her pregnant button down in the chair, they didn't ask either one of us to move up anymore.
Speaker 5: They just kept kicking my seat. Yeah they didn't.
Speaker 6: They didn't kick the other person's seat for some reason. But I got hit with the popcorn bucket. There's no holes in my story.
Speaker 34: Hey, fellas Vinny from Brooklyn here listening to the.
Speaker 20: Fishing.
Speaker 34: Absolutely agree with the fish that smells fishy shouldn't be eaten. But I'm laughing about the the cod filets and the flound, the filets and all that stuff. I agree with your tilapia is probably the worst fish you can eat. Discuss an amalgamation of all kinds of fucking fish that fall under that category. Also, fish is very seasonal, for instance, by by the arizontal bridge blackfishes in season at a certain time of the year, so is fluke and stuff like that. And I think it has more to do with temperatures of the water and what's available to eat to them. You know, different types of algae and stuff, and different types of fish that are there because of water temperatures and stuff like that. And another fantastic fish that you can catch all day right outside in the New York Harbor right there, like the Arizona and.
Speaker 10: Sandy hook and stuff. Porgies.
Speaker 34: Porgies and fluke porgies are fantastic.
Speaker 10: They're cheap as shit best, but if you know how to make.
Speaker 34: Them, you make a little envelope, little olive oil, parsley, lemon, salt, pepper, garlic, throw it in there into the cavity and grill it on your barbecue.
Speaker 5: It's fantastic on the barbecue.
Speaker 4: Spoken like a true New Yorker right there. I love Vini from Brooklyn. By the way, He's absolutely right, and I did reference this.
Speaker 6: I know that fish come to areas seasonally, yeah, but my point.
Speaker 4: Was, can you just get card from a different air? In other words, I don't believe Bjay's Wholesale only gets cod from New Jersey. I have to imagine they have suppliers in other parts of the country fly caught in But if they don't, if they're just getting regional fish, then that totally makes sense. But I did the people who work in the Butcher area, who deal with the fish couldn't tell me that.
Speaker 5: Apparently now we don't have codd this time in the New York harbord.
Speaker 4: If you if you show up at the right time of day, you could catch a Coney Island whitefish.
Speaker 5: Yeah, google that, folks.
Speaker 4: You don't want to eat that, I mean you Shouldn't you ever swallow a Coney is whitefish.
Speaker 5: No, I have swam next to a couple and I got the hell out of that.
Speaker 20: Brooklyn boys is JJ from the Deep South with the deep voice Timu and bought some fake red velvet ropes to put in front of my house. I'm gonna have an event. I'm gonna call it Southern Fist, and it's gonna be at least for teen hundred dollars to get up to one point one million, and I expect Scary to be there.
Speaker 5: I'm already there.
Speaker 20: If someone wants to sample multiple types of ice cream or frozen yogurt or even the little quick cook things at Costco or at Sam's. Unless it's holding you up, unless it's causing you to be delayed, then mind your bougie business.
Speaker 5: Well he was behind them, so he was being delayed.
Speaker 20: Part three. If you go to a mattress store, do you expect for them to limit you to You can only lay down on and sample three of these mattresses. I can't go to multiples. You can't go to five or six or seven to determine what mattress You're going to the same not eating product three. So I think the analogy is applicable.
Speaker 6: No, it's not you, it's not just it's not a line of people waiting for the mattresses. So and they're they're not eating the mattresses. You're asking, as somebody behind the counter to scoop repeatedly samples and then you're eating them all while people behind you want to place their order.
Speaker 5: You're wasting time, you're wasting plastic spoons.
Speaker 4: And I do like the free ice cream aspect of it, but it's not the same as you go into a mattress store where there's no other shoppers and not hurting anybody, not costing them product and going around laying on beds.
Speaker 5: I would have to I would have to agree with you on that, Brody, It's not the same.
Speaker 6: That's like walking into best Buy and watching seven televisions. You're not You're not keeping anyone else from watching televisions.
Speaker 5: Who's breathing like that?
Speaker 20: Brooklyn Boys, JJ from the House. Yeah, I wanted to let you know that I went to Brooklyn Boys dot big Cartel dot com and you your size availability is quite limited, very limited in uh in fact, and when you ever get to the point where you offer more sizes and adult sizes, please just just let me know.
Speaker 4: Okay, here's here's what we would like.
Speaker 5: You got to call Matt much. Here's what we would like. JJ from the Deep South. Why don't scary?
Speaker 6: Why don't we have you email us at Brooklyn Boys Podcast right at gmail.
Speaker 5: What's our email? The Brooklyn Boys Podcast at gmail dot com.
Speaker 6: Right send us an email with the size you need and which exact style, either a link from the website or just describe it as best you can. But if you have said the link, that'd be great, and uh, we'll talk to Matt Merch about getting your size. If you wear a double X or Triple X or whatever size it is. If he can do it, he'll try to do it.
Speaker 27: Well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if you keep in mind, he normally prints one hundred shirts at once. If you want the Triple X and the extra small, those are the ones that are in stock right now at Brooklyn Boys. We don't know if the Triple Action. I went to every the whole fucking sight because I wanted to buy one for my nephew and I can't.
Speaker 5: I'm not kidding.
Speaker 4: I can't get my own pizza slice red hoodie anymore.
Speaker 5: Of course you can. No, I cannot. I can't do it. Matt merch will do that for you. Let's not be ridiculous. No, there size isn't available.
Speaker 6: The size is an available Email us and we'll see if we got to get them in stock. We'll try it, but we also have to sell more merchandise. We can print more shirts. Yeah, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: And it's Tank Times.
Speaker 37: Lawyer representing the Sandwich Shop, Sangwich Grape Soda Shop. And if you guys ever been scambrody, please call one hundred Scambrody. We're gonna sue his ass. This gentleman has been standing from stores. This is a past thirty thirty past years.
Speaker 5: Damn straight. That's my favorite talk back of the day.
Speaker 4: Right there, Brody's been scamming standing everybody. No, I was not, No, I didn't Scambrody scambrody. Ah, yeah, you don't know. This is the last one.
Speaker 5: Here we go, scary.
Speaker 38: How dare the TSA take away your bougie hair Joel and your bougie toothpaste. Don't they know that you paid seven point four million dollars for those items before you boarded the plane? How dare they do their fucking job? Listen, go to like Dwayne Reed or Walmart or whatever. Get the little reusable ones that you can fly with that you can load up whatever you want into it, and it's regulated so.
Speaker 5: That you'll never go over the limit.
Speaker 38: And then this way you won't have a problem.
Speaker 5: All right, bougie bastard, thank you. Dez say dez nos.
Speaker 6: You buy the empty bottles at the drug store or Target or whatever, and then just put your shit in the empty bottles that already the size you need.
Speaker 4: Very good, all right? You know what a word to the wise for next time. I hope you learned a valuable lesson today. Yes, appreciate you all. We got to play Docin. We did a little bit. Thank you so much for your feedback. Thanks for your talkbacks. You know what their their catchphrase was back in the day, Docin Yeah No, sitting on the Doctor rocking with Docin woo named they have to lead singer Don Dawkins. That's a cultural significance. You should know that the European I don't care.
Speaker 5: They aren't your American.
Speaker 2: The dumb ass getting slice reactions. This podcast all depends on you, baby
Speaker 5: Freem.