Speaker 1: What you're listening to now is the Armstrong and Getty Show, but make sure to check out are many podcasts.
Speaker 2: There's Armstrong and Getty Extra Large featuring interviews with interesting people. There's Armstrong and Getty Select Cuts, and Armstrong and Getty One More Thing.
Speaker 1: All are free, and all are available on the iHeart app or wherever you like to download your podcasts.
Speaker 3: This from Aleen Anonymous.
Speaker 1: We're on our way home from school tonight, and out of nowhere, my twelve year old daughter says, do you know why I'm worried about having kids racing myself for some climate scare mongering or some other brand of crazy that TikToker or teachers are pushing.
Speaker 3: I responded, no.
Speaker 1: Why, she says, I'm afraid they'll come home one day and they'll tell me their trans and I'll say, oh, no, you're not, and then they'll hate me, and the school will call me in and yell at me and tell me I'm anti trans, and I'll say, you damn right I am.
Speaker 3: This is a twelve year old.
Speaker 2: By the way, Wow, who has a very similar attitude is my year old? Isn't that interesting?
Speaker 1: So many thoughts and emotions racing through my head. But in the moment I couldn't ever stout laughing. I told her, hope bad that will have passed by the time she has kids. I certainly think it will. I wouldn't call it a fad kind of one. It's a psychological contagion. There are a bunch of examples of this through history.
Speaker 3: How interesting is that.
Speaker 2: Though, kids like her kid and my kid coming to this conclusion in the face of everything around them other than like reality.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, this young woman, obviously, God bless her, has the I am not going to tell you to ignore the evidence of my eyes and ears and my conscience. Good for her anyway, Who knows, Maybe a little be the kids of this generation, whatever they're called, who are growing up rolling their eyes at the furries in their classrooms. They're sick of having pronouns and gender issues shoved down their throats. Who can see plainly and simply that the trans and nine non binary kids are mainly just misfits. We're desperate for attention and belonging. Ding Maybe today's middle schoolers will be the ones to rebel with conservatism and put a stop to the madness.
Speaker 2: Eventually, my son's always bringing up the furries, How does he even know the word furries?
Speaker 1: Brilliantly said an anonymous and good for your kid. You are absolutely right on every single count. How's about this? Greeting's big freedom, Old simple Jack in America's Sweethearts Michael, Katie and Hanson. Our fabulous son, who just happens to be of mixed heritage, is about the same age as Jack's oldest and, like Jack, soon or a young man, is starting the years of freshman at a very nice California public high school. We've driven our son to and from school since kindergarten in order to be sure he attends better than nearby local schools up with school choice.
Speaker 3: Let's see.
Speaker 1: Due to this and to and fro drive time, our son also enjoys the statistically proven educational advantage of listening to the Armstrong and Getty Show. Our son, who naturally understands the meaning of such words as Marxist, woke, progressive, and scumbag, reported that his classes were pretty much chill and relax. He reported that week one, after reviewing the class syllabus, he asked his chill I think I can you know I'm going to leave the subject even out, But he asked his chill blank teacher, what does climate change have to do with this topic? The teacher leaned in and quietly told him nothing.
Speaker 3: They make us teach this stuff. Oh my god, wow. Wow.
Speaker 1: The notable exception to the mostly chill and relaxed teachers who would say that to him was the wait for it, young white, college educated female English teacher who has a giant Pride flag hanging in her classroom. This has been our son's English teacher's teachings. Week one read a novel about the offensive nature of quote not seeing color. Next week, definition examples and how to reac to microaggressions.
Speaker 3: Oh man, Then he was.
Speaker 1: To declare what genders he identifies as for that week. Boy, the whole microaggressions thing has been so thoroughly debunked and misproven that that or whatever the word is, that that's the worst thing you can do is have people, you know, focus on microaggressions. Finally, last week he was to declare his to the class his pronouns.
Speaker 3: This is English class.
Speaker 1: Now he stood up and proudly declared that his pronouns were HRH and HRM. His Royal Highness and his Royal majesty. He reports that the class erupted in laughter and cheers. His English teacher, on the other hand, was not amused and angrily announced that his declaration was quote not appropriate for her English class.
Speaker 2: Why aren't you reading Shakespeare or something?
Speaker 1: Let's see on brighter side, substitute teacher came in, who taught for decades. When the gentleman asked the class what they had last worked on and was told pronouns, he declared to the class, I.
Speaker 3: Will be teaching English and nothing else.
Speaker 1: Twitch The class of kids cheered, wow, A and G S A y O, D A A, T A and G. Saving America's utes one day at a time, Alnonymous.
Speaker 2: You know it's not unrelated to the Wall Street Journal opinion piece we read earlier about how America isn't ignoring the fact that World War three is on the horizon. They're not unrelated that we're so willingly like giving away Western civilization or embarrassed by it. Of course they're related. There's why would there be a great need to protect something that you don't like? Yeah, yeah, I remember years It just started years ago. When I think Harold Bloom, his last name is Bloom. The world's greatest Shakespeare expert, who taught at Yale for years and years, and how he was so bothered by the fact that nobody taught Shakespeare anymore so, the greatest writer in the English language of all time was no longer being taught in the universities, unless it was to point out how misogynist or racist or you know, male toxic it was, or anything like That was the only time I'd ever come up if at all. Well, if you're that willing to give away your culture, of course you're not figuring out how to make sure China, Russia and Iran.
Speaker 3: Don't band together to win.
Speaker 4: Right, right in the success that they have had coming up primarily through education the teachers, colleges and then the schools in indoctrinating several generations of American kids and Western kids in general into this stuff.
Speaker 3: Admires the wrong word.
Speaker 1: You've got to respect how incredibly evil and devious and successful it has been, and we.
Speaker 3: Let it happen under our watch.
Speaker 2: I was reading Henry the Fifth and listening to it at Fairmount over the weekend because I was doing this history podcast about the Battle of Agancore, which is what is in Henry the fifth the Shakespeare thing, that's the famous speech we Band of Brothers. That whole speech is from that. But man, the writing of Shakespeare. I know this is a ridiculous thing for anyone to say, but it's just so amazing. I mean, it's it's just unimaginably rich and amazing. And the fact that we don't teach it in universities anymore will come on in China, we don't care about our culture.
Speaker 1: No, I'm sure there are multiple really good books about this. Actually, I can think of a couple that are more or less on this topic. And I just bought a Douglas Murray book, The Strange Death of Europe I think is the title. Can't wait to dig into that, probably tonight. But how the civil rights movement followed fairly closely after the development of the critical theory crowd in France and Germany, and how they realized, oh, racial divisions and later sexual divisions. That's where we convinced people to hate their own countries and their own civilizations. It's not going to be workers of the World unite. It's going to be every single misfit or minority we can think of. We'll come up with a way to convince them that there's no redeeming their society and they've got to help us tear it down. That's what we'll do. And just for what it's worth, this is not my paranoid ratings. They wrote books with their names on the cover describing this very process, and they got it into the schools and universities. Again, it's insidious, it's horrifying, it's heartbreaking, but it has been successful.
Speaker 2: And as my twelve year old just finished reading Animal Farm and picking up on the fact that the people who promised, you know, a more fair world took over and were the same tyrants as the tyrants before a line from the Who song one of the best lines ever in rock music. Meet the new boss same as the old boss.
Speaker 3: Yeah so good. Yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: And as I tweeted the other day, I untleashed a long screed about elections and political theory and stuff like that. I don't know why the urge just overcame me, but I was describing how elegant the description in nineteen eighty four is of the scam the Orwell book. Obviously, and interestingly enough, Well, I won't give you the context because it's fairly straightforward but he explains how the time honored technique is the middle says to the low, we're talking about like layers of society. The middle says to the low, we will overthrow the high.
Speaker 3: You gotta join with us. We'll overthrow the high.
Speaker 1: And the middle throws out the high and becomes the high, and the low gets screwed. See Black America. Since you know the New Deal practically, since the welfare state came into being and debased the black family and made them dependent on the largesse of the government as opposed to their own genius and hard work. Anyway, then the next time around the old high, remember they're now the middle, they make the same promise to the low. Maybe they throw out the current high, maybe they don't, but either way, it's a scam.
Speaker 3: History of the world, yep, pretty much, Jack arm Strong and Joe Armstrong and Getty show.
Speaker 2: My son, who is in playing football last year said he wanted to lift weights somewhere and then so I started inquiring about getting gym memberships and found out that you can't get a gym membership unless you're kid's sixteen or eighteen, depending on the gym.
Speaker 3: And I was surprised by that.
Speaker 2: But so they came up with some sort of program at one of the gym's for kids, so the coach is involved, and because it's the school program for some reason, they can do it in a room. I don't know anyway, So I joined a gym last night, and is the first time I had been like a big public gym in decades. And I used to lift regularly. I did that for decades, but I hadn't been there in a long time. And Henry was over in one room working out with people and beat red and wearing himself out and everything like that. It's cool, and they do all the fun modern stuff with the big ropes and flipping over tires and all that sort of stuff that tying yourself to things and pulling them trying to keep the exercising exciting.
Speaker 3: I was just out with the regular equipment.
Speaker 2: And I have had I've heard enough women over the years complaining about guys hitting him on them at gyms that that's a thing, right, Katie, Yeah, unfortunately, So I just I just had that in my head. So there weren't very many women there. There were probably I don't know, one woman for every five guys, and but I was I just I just, you know, I'd lift.
Speaker 3: Something and then i'd get done.
Speaker 2: I'm walking around on restl accidentally make eye tie acid contact.
Speaker 3: I'm just from trying really hard to like not look their direction. Right.
Speaker 2: But then I was also thinking about a number of the women that I've heard complain about gym's being a meat market and guys hitting on them date guys from the gym.
Speaker 3: So how does that whole thing work out?
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't I don't quite understand if you're dating guys from the gym. It seems like there must be some level of success that occurs, or there's a good reason why guys are getting on girls at the gym.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because if you're her type and you hit on her at the gym, it'll work out. It has nothing to do with the fact that you're at the gym. It's like sexual harassment. It only exists among ugly guys, among good looking guys. That's called really flattering. Well, I'm unless it's bad and nasty, of course, right, that is not the point in my life I'm in. I'm not looking for that at all. In fact, I prefer if the gym had zero women at it.
Speaker 2: But but if there is dating occurring at the gym, which clearly is happening, I can see why. Just like anywhere else in life, some guys are taking a shot now and then Hey, you work out here often or hot stay or whatever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, boy, these weights sure are heavy. I'd go with that.
Speaker 5: That all it comes down to the woman. Also, the women that are saying this are the same ones that go to the gym also with like nothing on.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm just gonna say I blame the women for wearing their sexy, tight workout gear. You got to start dressing like Billie Eilish in her oh I'm androgenists and not sexy and not attractive period before she went with her I'm crazy sexy. Look at my booby's period. I'm not sure what she's doing now. But you gotta dress like sweatsuit.
Speaker 2: Billie Eilish, big baggy gray sweatsuits of the old style.
Speaker 3: That's the way you gotta dress.
Speaker 5: I can say women who dress who wear almost nothing to the gym and actually still work out, because that is a that's some risky business right there, because oh things can pop out and oh you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Or move aside, or the way you don't. Yeah, I have a little slip.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking this throughout loud because I don't know if this is fair or not. Is this the patriarchy having its way or something like that, But it seems like if I really am going to the gym and.
Speaker 3: I don't want guys to look at me or hit on me or whatever.
Speaker 2: I just wear regular like sweats, not super tight clothes or you know, a tube top or whatever you're wearing whatever you call that your sports bra.
Speaker 3: With your tights.
Speaker 5: Yeah, when you go to the gym and your underwear on quote leg day and you're doing eight hundred squats in front of a group of men, what do you think is going to happen?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but we're supposed to eat more than you're gonna need. By the way, okay too, I like Joe's lines. You ever pulled something like, really pulled a muscle?
Speaker 3: Huh? You never done that? Yeah? I am. You know what I heard?
Speaker 4: He is?
Speaker 3: You ever heard that? Explain now that that's hot talk? Yeah, it's amazing. But batting average wasn't higher as a young man?
Speaker 1: Eh?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I uh. I like the gym.
Speaker 2: I love going to the gym. If I hope this song continue and Henry and I can go three times a week. That's the plan. God, that's my favorite thing. I feel so much better about myself when I'm done. I went for That's absolutely true. But yeah, it's like punishment for me.
Speaker 3: I hate it.
Speaker 5: See, I went from hating it like a borderline in tears before I would go, but knowing that I had to go to Now if I don't go, I feel like something wrong.
Speaker 3: You have to go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah that that happens. It becomes a habit. And I don't know if your body craves it or your mind craves it or whatever. But let's talking to Henry about how you'll get stronger. You'll you know, it increases testosterone, which he cares about, and it somehow just gives you confidence. I remember when I used to lift all the time. He just feels stronger, tougher, and more confident.
Speaker 5: I don't know anyone that's ever left the gym and said I regret doing that.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, yeah, Well all exercise is pretty much that way, as long as you don't, you know, snap your achilles. I would regret that if I snap my achilles.
Speaker 1: Sure you drop the bar on your throat or something that'd be Damn, that's a bad day.
Speaker 3: Can somebody come get this bar off my throat?
Speaker 2: I'm strong and get the reality is this is fabulous.
Speaker 3: I thank you. That's enough of that. This is all crazy. It's just the way it is. Yeah, but damn it.
Speaker 2: We weren't allowed to ask about the big guys.
Speaker 3: This is the United States of America. Let's not play games. This is the Armstrong and Getty show. Jake Cost argues in National Review.
Speaker 2: That what we are currently doing defies how the US system was design to work. Quoting him, now, Republicans and Democrats today conceive of each other is totally, irredeemably corrupted. And this is all from his new book, Democracy or Republic. The People in the Constitution. The two sides fight over everything large and small, from major problems to utter trivialities. To borrow a phrase from Madison's Federalist number ten, where no substantial occasion presents itself. Boy, that sounds right right now, No substantial occasion presents itself. They fight both tooth and nail over the most frivolous and fanciful distinctions. The mutual hatred between the left and the right leaves little political space for compromise. Fundamentally, they do not wish to compromise. They want to destroy each other. So it is little wonder that our government has been so frequently halted by gridlock. The left and right wish to be hegemonic, but the constitution is designed to prevent factional hegemens from emerging in our country. In other words, you can't accompli is what you're trying to accomplish. If the two sides enter the government not with the spirit of compromise, but with a spirit of destruction, they should expect to be blocked and virtually every turn. That's the way it's set up, which is precisely what has happened. This is no way to run a country, any country, but it certainly dooms us to failure under a consensus based regime like the United States Constitution. If we want to rail against the evils of our opponents for nothing more than the sheer pleasure of the cathartic reliefs, so be it. But nothing will get done while we spew o a s splenetic bile, bile from our spleen at one another. That's the best kind splenetic bile. Yeah, but if we actually want to solve problems in this country, we need to recognize that under our system of government, working together is the only way to do that. That is an interesting point that gets left out a lot. We have a system that doesn't allow for what both sides are currently trying to do.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in fact, it specifically disallows it. The problem is, and I'm sure he gets to this elsewhere in the book, is even if you're not actually sincerely bent on destroying your opponent, As Mark Leibovich's fabulous book This Town pointed out, these people pretend to go at it hammerdon dongs, right, and then laugh in the green room, then go to the same cocktail parties and pick up their kids at the same schools. But you know, our system is not designed for that. But our fundraising is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's an e specific god boom dunked. That is kitty for the win. It's good stuff.
Speaker 2: Well, you need but the after you need to write the afterword for his paperback version of that book, because that might Sorry, James madiside, I'm James Madison.
Speaker 3: Listen to me.
Speaker 1: Wow, So Kenny, just because he's short, you take a sh he's one of the great thinkers of the Enlightenment in you jackass.
Speaker 2: Sorry James Madison, your system for government might be trumped, if you pardon the expression, by the way, we got our donor situation set up and cable news and media and everything like that. Sorry, sorry, I can stay in office. Somebody would raise their hand, they would Can I say this anonymously because I don't want anybody to hear this in my district. I can stay in office for the rest of my life, eat at the finest restaurant, send my kids to the coolest private schools, live a really fun lifestyle, flying around private jets, doing all this cool stuff by never compromising on anything. Correct, So you tell me why I should compromise.
Speaker 1: I got both my kids on my payroll, my wife's, my campaign consultant. We live in a giant house right on the Potomac, and you're telling me to compromise for the good of the country. Ah.
Speaker 2: Now, I used to be a guy who would yell on this very radio show before all this craziness started that, yeah, well, the compromising has got us three trillion dollars in debt and this is unsustainable. Well three yeah, well, dad, that's back when I was saying that. So that's why I was for the well break it. Whatever's next has got to be better than this. We're headed off a cliff and nobody seems to care when they were compromising. Now with the nobody compromises, ever, we're thirty three trillion dollars in debt with no end in sight, and nobody really cares out about where we're headed.
Speaker 3: Other than that, things are going fine. From my perspective, everything's great.
Speaker 1: Oh, speaking of reaching across the aisle, I'm gonna say something nice about John Fetterman.
Speaker 3: Believe it or not, I think ever since he started wearing a suit, he's cleaned up his act. The behoodied bohemoth from Pennsylvania. Stay with us, won't you? Well?
Speaker 1: According to our friends at Hello, fresh fall is the most delicious time of the year.
Speaker 3: Who am I to judge periods.
Speaker 1: Of time deliciousness, But I see their point because a lot of the season's flavors. You get your your your barbecue, pulled porky, your apple cider cake, your pumpkins spices.
Speaker 3: That that's sort of stuff.
Speaker 1: So Hello Fresh does wonderful dinner, So you can have fresh made family dinners. But they do snacks and desserts, all sorts of great stuff delivered to your door, taking this stress out of meal time. But did you know that HelloFresh also saves you money. It's cheaper than grocery shopping twenty five percent less expensive than takeout. That means less stress in your day, more money back in your pocket. Everybody wants that. You know, that's that's great. We ought to say that every time. You know, we're reducing the stress at meal time, because that's a drag. Join America's number one meal kit today and get fifty percent off plus free shipping with the code fifty armstrong at HelloFresh dot com slash fifty armstrong. That's the code fifty armstrong at HelloFresh dot com slash fifty armstrong.
Speaker 2: You know, it doesn't help that the guy who got elected president, and I think a lot of people were hoping.
Speaker 3: I was hoping that.
Speaker 2: He was going to try to bring us back toward the madisona Madisonian view of government, because he did that for many, many years.
Speaker 3: But no, he looked, he saw which way the wind was.
Speaker 2: Blowing, and rightly or wrongly determined and I better get on board with the other side is evil. We need to destroy him, crowd, and that's what he has done. So we've gone further down that road. Somebody needs to stand up at some point and say, look, our government is designed to work only if we compromise, and if we don't, it's just it's just not going.
Speaker 3: To work at all.
Speaker 1: Well, aside from a small handful of jackasses like ourselves, virtually everybody in media who could carry that message forward has gone with the same plan as the politicians because it helps for clicks, it.
Speaker 2: Helps for d absolutely does, absolutely does. We've had this conversation many times behind the scenes that you know, the other sides always wrong, our side's always right. There's a lot of people making a lot of money with that. Yeah, it's going to have a shelf life, like as in the country is going to have a shelf life. But man, currently the absolutely no compromise. Ever, if you're seen going out to dinner with the other side, you're ruined. Somebody will run to your left or right, depending on your party, and beat you because you sent a load to somebody on the other side.
Speaker 3: That's just that's never gonna work.
Speaker 1: No, it's suicidal as a country. But I feel like I'm standing on the beach yelling at the tide.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So, and it fits within it's within the Republican Party itself. Also, so Matt Gates in a handful of others are So we're not going to compromise on this.
Speaker 3: On the whole speaker thing.
Speaker 2: Well, man, your your hope for legislation that reforms entitlements and all that sort of stuff can't get through the Senate and get signed by the president currently, you got to win more elections.
Speaker 3: I don't know. You're right, we're yelling at the tide.
Speaker 1: Shockingly. I have a kind word about John Fetterman. He's the loser socialist from Pennsylvania. That's the fella who only one because he's running against doctor Oz.
Speaker 3: That's right, carpetbagging quack.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I could become senator if I could run against Gonna Rhea or something else unpopular.
Speaker 1: Well, that's uncharitable toward doctor Oz. I thought you were calling for civility just a moment ago met with doctor Oz, mortal enemy. Fair enough, he goes back to something he did to us in our own studio.
Speaker 3: If you haven't ever heard that story.
Speaker 1: Behoodied Behemoth, bum trust funder communist from Pennsylvania.
Speaker 3: Hi, good night everybody. Hello.
Speaker 1: You know what, Michael, let's set the scene here with just a little bit of Yeah. I know that doesn't really enter into any of the things I said, but give us a little clip sixty one, would you come on?
Speaker 3: You know what's so hard sometimes is watching those videos and the people telling the kids don't cry, and like let them cry. So that's Rashida Tuley.
Speaker 1: But hours and hours after it became generally known that the Israelis did not bomb a hosp a hospital and five hundred plus were not killed. All of it was Hamas lies, she was still saying that that was the case. John Fetterman oddly tweeted out, yes, socialist loser, John Fetterman, I think we covered that. But anyway, yes, the same fella said, it's truly disturbing that members of Congress rushed to blame Israel for the hospital tragedy in Gaza. Who would take the word of a group that just massacred Inno Senator's Raeli citizens over our key?
Speaker 2: Ally the New York Times would several Congress people would Yeah, it's troubling, but good question. I'm on your side on this one. Now get a job. Get a job ever in your life, have one job.
Speaker 1: Well, he's got a job now us Senator fabulous bringing his wit and wisdom to the halls of the Senate.
Speaker 3: Everybody, good night.
Speaker 1: New open letter to Harvard President Claudine Gay, signed by over seventy faculty members, we call on you and the Harvard leadership to publicly and unequivocally them the intimidation and harassment of Palestinian, Arab, Black, and Muslim students and other supporters of Palestinian liberation at Harvard. The leadership should denounce all forms of racism, Islamophobia, and Zemenophobia, including anti Semitism and anti Palestinian racism. Okay, you know, I'm glad you mentioned anti semitism, because there's a hell of a deal Jewish Harvard students right now are afraid to come out of their dorms because you have mobs dressed as Palestinians chanting death to Israel.
Speaker 2: Now, the Palestinians elected Hamas back in two thousand and six. I heard somebody reference polling that would show that they would re elect Hamas again if you had an election today. I don't know if that's accurate or how good the polling is.
Speaker 3: But I'm not familiar with that.
Speaker 2: But for the sake of this conversation, assuming that would be true. Now, it is true that they elected Hamas the one and only time they've ever had open on elections, but if they would elect him again.
Speaker 3: So how far do you go with the and children.
Speaker 2: Are never to blame for anything. Uh, you can't put it on them, But how far do you go with the it's not their fault. See, you can't attack Hamas and kill Palestinians if you vote, would vote for the Hummas.
Speaker 3: To be your government.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's complicated just because ethically, yeah. Yeah, and you know, Hamas, after being elected by a very very narrow margin, essentially ended democracy and took over as dictators. And I haven't seen those polls, but yeah, I just the whole thing. So much of what's being said on the pro Palestinian side requires putting aside your morality completely. Just making it absolutely clear all of these moral claims I'm making are entirely conditional on what side we're talking about. Just so you know, appreciate the honesty.
Speaker 2: Collective punishment for Palestinians is awful, and I might agree with you but collective punishment for Israelis was okay because Hamas went in and killed a bunch of babies that didn't vote for nothing, And so you're okay with collective punishment on that side. Collective punishment going the other way is wrong. And then you've got the other thing of Hamas doesn't represent the Palestinians. But then in the same breath you make the argument of it was just them reacting to decades of oppression.
Speaker 3: Well, okay, which is it right?
Speaker 1: Well, I don't mean to suggest that anybody who's pro be a better deal for the Palestinians is a monster or anything like that, or of course thinks the Israel has been unfair at times, or maybe even now. That's absolutely an argument that could and should be heard. On the other hand, the whole when you impose the victim oppressor framework on every single question, which is what the radicals in American universities have been doing for a couple of days, aids now, it turns off, It obviates it to avoids the need to think every single question is predecided for you up to and I know this thing sounds like an insane example even up to It's okay, if they slaughter babies in their cribs because they're the victim and the babies were part of the oppressors, so it's okay. It turns you into a stupid, vicious beast when you look at everything through the victim oppressor lens. You no longer have to think it all. You no longer have to exercise anything approaching morality anymore. That's why it's so appealing to people, because they don't have to wrestle with anything difficult.
Speaker 3: That's one of the reasons I despise it so much.
Speaker 1: It turns people into vicious, bloodthirsty mobs who are completely convinced of their own righteousness.
Speaker 2: Quick question for you, what if you happen to miss this unbelievable radio program.
Speaker 1: The answer is easy, friends, just down mode our podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand. It's the podcast version of the broadcast show, available anytime, any day, every single podcast platform known demand.
Speaker 2: Download it now Armstrong and Getty on Demand.
Speaker 1: That this was so interesting, the taking a look at insurance right now?
Speaker 3: Oh boy, I mean.
Speaker 1: You talk about inflationary pressures and holy crap, look at this bill. Insurance is absolutely at the top of the list of you know parts of your life where you say that maybe second only to groceries because you have to shop more often.
Speaker 2: But it's up twenty percent.
Speaker 1: Auto insurance rates are up forty six point two percent since January twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: Since twenty twenty, it's up almost fifty percent.
Speaker 1: That is correct, Sir, Holy, more than in the eight previous years combined. Homeowner home owner premiums have increased by about thirty eight percent since twenty nineteen, about six percent in the first three months of this year.
Speaker 2: Now, you don't understand. We have record low unemployment, stock market is up, inflation is slowing.
Speaker 3: Why are you not happy? I don't understand why you're not happy?
Speaker 1: And interestingly enough, the rates are even higher in many of the states in which the Armstrong and Getty Shows most listened to, including Arizona, Illinois, Texas, California, and Floridy.
Speaker 2: Is this one sector not discussed more?
Speaker 3: This is a bigger deal than the price of gas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would agree, And it's interesting people are looking around saying essentially what the heck is going on? Well, progressives are blaming, of course, climate change in corporate greed. Elizabeth Warren was jabbering the other day, Man, is she a treat? She says, I'm gonna quote her. Now, insurance have underwritten financing fossil fuels, and then they profit from selling protection from the impacts of those fossil fuels on climate. Trying to say that because insurance companies have some money and energy, the energy has caused rapid climate change and that's why insurance premiums are high. Blah blah blah, and listen to the here's where it really gets hit. And now when climate risks arising, they're trying to hang American families out to dry here and demanding either higher premiums or to get out of the market all together.
Speaker 2: It's on May fifty nearly fifty percent increase since pre pandemic on auto insurance. I remember when I was younger, I wanted to get like a cool, fast car. I realized I can afford the car. I can't afford the car insurance. Well, that's got to be doubly true, now can I What kind of car can a young person drive that they can afford the insurance on?
Speaker 1: So what's actually happening is in here? The sort of person who would like to know what's actually happening is opposed to just getting spun. The actual culprit is a bad storm of inflation, litigation abuse, and government made dysfunctions, according to Wall Street Journal, which had been exacerbated by a string of bad weather. So you start with auto insurance rates used in new vehicle prices have increased thirty percent and twenty one percent, respectively since January twenty twenty.
Speaker 3: Spensive cars cost more to ensure. Duh.
Speaker 1: Prices for vehicle parts have risen twenty two percent since the start of the pandemic. Well repair costs are up fifty percent, absolutely none of that having anything to do with corporate greed or climate check.
Speaker 2: Now, the parts are up the same amount that overall inflation's up roughly twenty percent.
Speaker 1: So yeah, and I'm so glad they bring this up because and I wish I could get to the litigation abuse, because that's important. But this is one of my favorite aspects of life in America that nobody is talking about. The progressive anti police movement fueled by George Floyd, the Ferguson effect, et cetera, has seriously reduced traffic enforcement, resulting in more reckless driving in accidents, deaths, from alcohol related crashes have risen by a third since twenty nineteen, even as arrests for driving under the influence and traffic citations have fallen by twenty percent.
Speaker 3: Effect meat cause