Speaker 1: A highlow community day. Are always so many fun things to do. The pie eating contest, higgling, don't forget the scavenger hunk Howie, it's always the best event.
Speaker 2: Billy says that Elliot's right, we'd better get in line to sign up because we wall.
Speaker 3: Look at the line.
Speaker 4: We're gonna be waiting a while. Hey, where's Lisa? Didn't she joining our Scavenger Hunt team?
Speaker 2: Billy says that Lisa's running the fortune telling booth, so she can't join us today.
Speaker 1: Ah well, this line is pretty low.
Speaker 4: Maybe we should stop in and say hi to her before we start.
Speaker 1: Hey, maybe she'll even tell us our fortunes.
Speaker 4: Where's her sins?
Speaker 1: Hey Lisa, Wow, this is quite the syrup. You've got your fancy tent Crystal Balls. Hey guys, you let me guess you've come for the Scavenger hunts.
Speaker 4: Wow, she's good. We were just about to sign up.
Speaker 3: Ah well, my Crystal Ball tells me that you should do that soon, because things are going to.
Speaker 4: Go very wrong at the Scavenger.
Speaker 3: Hunt today and only people with superpowers will be able to save it.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Stories for Kids by Lingo Kids, where we discover fascinating facts about the world around us, and the fun of play learning. Today, we're examining what it means to have a superpower. When we think of superpowers, we think of our favorite superheroes. Right, Well, superpowers can actually be inside all of us, and they may not always be the powers that we expect. Let's get back to Lisa's fortune telling.
Speaker 4: Wait, what's going to go wrong? I can't say for sure.
Speaker 3: The future is slightly clouded, but one thing is for sure. It will require some heroes.
Speaker 4: Heroes in our town. Yes, I can.
Speaker 3: See one with super sight, another with super strength, and one that gets stretched their entire body.
Speaker 4: That was a good one, Lisa. We almost believed you for a minute there. We should get to the scatcher hunt.
Speaker 1: It's about to start, bye, Lisa.
Speaker 3: They'll see soon enough.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, are you all ready to find some stuff?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, So we know that a scavenger is fighting each ride up on this list, so let's start. The first is a silver bottle cap. Sounds easy enough. Hmm okay, maybe not so easy. Maybe we should just move on to the next thing right Next on the list is a nickel from the year nineteen eighty five.
Speaker 4: Wow, that's really old.
Speaker 2: Actually, Calie, that's not that old.
Speaker 4: Let's go find it, all right, we can't find that one either. Should we go to the next one? I guess so? Okay?
Speaker 1: The next one is a purple baby vattle, Elliott, Elly Lock. All the other groups can't find their items either.
Speaker 4: What's going on? You guys?
Speaker 1: Won't actually think that? She says, wolun is actually true? Do you? She said that things would go wrong during this scavenger hunt, and it seems like things are.
Speaker 4: Going pretty wrong, Elliott.
Speaker 1: She also said that people of superpowers were going to say the day you actually believe that?
Speaker 2: Do you?
Speaker 1: Well, maybe we should be the heroes, but we don't have superpowers.
Speaker 4: Who says we don't?
Speaker 1: Maybe instead of waiting around for someone else to fix things, we should try to fix it ourselves.
Speaker 2: I think that's very wise, Elliott. How about you lingo kids listeners? Have you ever waited for help with a problem then realize you can solve it yourself?
Speaker 4: But how do we know we can do it ourselves?
Speaker 1: We don't even know why things are going wrong with the scavenger hun.
Speaker 4: Maybe we're just not good at finding things. What is it? Billy?
Speaker 2: Billy says he saw something over there by the trees.
Speaker 4: I didn't see anything. Me neither.
Speaker 1: Maybe you're the hero of Supersite Billy who saw her fortune.
Speaker 3: I didn't see why we're super site.
Speaker 1: Cow He's right, where was the thing you saw, Billy?
Speaker 2: Billy says to follow him quickly. Billy says, it's right there near that tree. Do you see it now?
Speaker 3: It's a squirrel in its mouth, Elliott, it's a purple baby rattle.
Speaker 4: It's one of the scavenger hunt's.
Speaker 1: I gums, so that that's why no one has been able to find anything.
Speaker 4: The squirrel's been taking them. It's climbing. It's the lemon tree.
Speaker 1: That must be All the other things are too nice job spotting and Billy, So how are we gonna get them?
Speaker 4: It's too high up.
Speaker 2: Elliot's right, it's not worth doing if it can't be done safely. If you work together, you can make it easier on each other. Also, keep in mind that this is the squirrel's home and we don't want to interrupt.
Speaker 4: Right when he leaves, you can give me a boost, Elliot. I'll get them. I'm not sure if I can lift you. Cowie, Sure you can. You're the strongest panda. I know about years a hero. It's the super strength which makes me stretchy. Do you really think so we can do it?
Speaker 2: I agree. Sometimes you've got the power to do something without even knowing it, especially if you support each other, like Cowie just did.
Speaker 4: All right, he's leaving the hole in the tree. Now they're kids. Here we go on free. Okay, one two, see a little more, just a little higher.
Speaker 1: Got something, Billy, I'm gonna start tossing stuff down.
Speaker 4: Keep your eyes.
Speaker 2: Peeled, Billy says. His supersite is often.
Speaker 4: Are you okay, Elliot? Are you kidding me? You're talking to a pendle of super strength.
Speaker 1: I've got this.
Speaker 4: Are you able to reach.
Speaker 1: The little I feel like I'm the stretchiest in the world. Let's gather all the stuff then get the scavenger hunt back on. Well, it seems like today was a success after all. It definitely was a success, Eliot. That's all thanks to you me. We all helped, true, but you made us see that superpowers don't need to be magical. Anything that we used to help can be a superpower.
Speaker 2: I think you all recognize things in each other which made you such a great team.
Speaker 1: Hey, guys, Lisa, you all done, tell unfortunes all Then for the day, how was this scavenger hunt?
Speaker 4: You know, pretty normal?
Speaker 5: Really, because I heard that there was a supervillain that was stealing all of the items, and that's a brave heroes have to say the day, I wonder who it was.
Speaker 1: Well, Lisa, the thing about heroes is that they have secret identities, so I.
Speaker 4: Guess we'll never know.
Speaker 2: Well, Lingo kids listeners, thanks for joining us for this story. We learned that sometimes a hero is just a regular person who's willing to step up when they see a problem. We also learned that anything can be a superpower if we're making the world a better place. We'll see you next time.