Speaker 1: Hey, Andrew, Hey Scottie, Welcome to serial Killers. This sixth episode. We made it to half a dozen.
Speaker 2: If you like cereal, it's really cool. Be it checks, cheerios or blueberries. Two. No, this is serial Killers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, everyone's already tuned out. Yeah, it's guess what what? Only nine hundred and ninety four episodes left until our thousandth episode.
Speaker 2: Oh god, you already?
Speaker 1: I'm so excited.
Speaker 2: Of course you are.
Speaker 1: I don't think we'll make it, but hey, but the cool thing is there's well over two thousand cereals that we could talk about, so we're good.
Speaker 2: That's insane, and I'm always surprised you know so much about cereal. I don't I feel like we need to start adding segments. Oh yeah, I think what we need to do is have like Scotty Cereal Fact of the Day.
Speaker 1: We could do that, but we can't do it today because I've done no research whatsoever. But so today we have a cereal from Post okay and a brand new cereal from Kellogg's. Oh my god, are you excited? Yes? Which one would you like to hear? First?
Speaker 2: Let's do the old cereal first, classic?
Speaker 1: Sorry, the classic cereal? Yes, I'll give you a hint. Yeah it is big. Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's not small. No, no, no, it has got a big, big taste, a big big crunch for a big big bite.
Speaker 2: Come on, I have no idea what it is.
Speaker 1: Okay, well here it's not small Honeycomb.
Speaker 2: Cereal.
Speaker 1: This complete Do the Honeycomb hide Out? You never went there?
Speaker 2: Sometimes I question why I agree to do this podcast review.
Speaker 1: The Honeycomb Hideout was a place where the kids all hung out and ate honeycomb, and then some bad guy would come who didn't like honeycomb. The kids would get him honeycomb and be like, yeah, now he liked it too.
Speaker 2: Cereal commercials were really complex back.
Speaker 1: They sure were. But actually there's been a different there's been a bunch of different versions of Honeycombeah. I don't know if you knew that or not. No, because they changed the formula from time to time and people get really pissed off. So if you see it's back original flavor. I believe in last year twenty eighteen, they changed it back to this formula because they had changed it in twenty seventeen and people were pissed.
Speaker 2: Are you part of like a message board? No? Cereal people go on and they're like, oh god, they changed Honeycomb's recipe. I hate it.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you something else about Honeycomb. Okay, you probably never remember, you weren't born. But in the eighties, yeah, they used to have, like I think it was once a year, they used to have license plates. There were metal license plates as the prize inside the box. And that was the coolest thing ever, the Honeycomb license plate. It said like, you know, cool or something like that. I don't remember if there were names or not, because if there were names would be weird if you had other kids' names. But there were definitely. There were license plates from every state and you collected them all wa.
Speaker 2: Wait, like actual metal full size license plates.
Speaker 1: You no, they're for your bike and I think if you got one that said lucky you want a bike or something like that. But no, they were like about I don't know inches long, four inches like that. There were metal plates and you put them on your bicycle and they were from all different states.
Speaker 2: That's a nice price. Yeah, they have to put like a choke hazard. Yeah right, I love Honeycomb.
Speaker 1: I'm sure they were full of lead, but you know, because that's just the way things were is a cereal, so let's pop it open. I don't know if they make the other rioties anymore. There used to be a strawberry one, I think, and a chocolate I remember having chocolate honeycomb years ago.
Speaker 2: But do you know what's cereal I had over the weekend? Tell me Lucky Charms. I love Lucky.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's actually one of my top five.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, the marshmallows are bigger now, I feel.
Speaker 1: Don't think so everything smaller.
Speaker 2: No, I thought the marshmallows were bigger.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what, we're not talking about that this episode. Okay, there we go. One thing like I remember as a kid, I used to actually like to let the honeycomb sit in milk. I don't know why, but I liked it better when it was a little bit soft.
Speaker 2: I agree with you.
Speaker 1: And because it's weird, it would kind of stay hard on the outside and it would be soggy in the middle, and I like that same. I'm not sure if it does it anymore. Maybe I should have poured the look like twenty minutes ago.
Speaker 2: But you know, all right, I'm ready for this.
Speaker 1: So post honeycomb cereal original formula is back. Let's try it.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm, No, oh I like it.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 2: I love it? Know what it tastes like. I know it's gonna be weird. It kind of tastes like a cheese doodle with honey flavor.
Speaker 1: That's disgusting.
Speaker 2: No, just like the puff part of the cheese doodle.
Speaker 1: I like that. I gotta tell you I've not had honeycumb in years. This does not remind me of my childhood. It doesn't taste the same to me. And when I was little, these things used to be twice as wide there if you put two of them together. That's about how why they were. Yeah, I gotta tell you people.
Speaker 2: Died because that would be a giant piece of cereal.
Speaker 1: The kid's choking on them left and right. This is this is a disappointment. I know.
Speaker 2: I like him.
Speaker 1: There's just four boles already, or four ball in it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love it. I could eat.
Speaker 1: I eat the whole cup. M No, I taste corn. They're definitely corn.
Speaker 2: It kind of tastes like like kicks. Okay, just regular kicks. Sweet kicks is kicks the same people.
Speaker 1: It makes this No honey comb is post kicks, is general milks different.
Speaker 2: I like the milk too.
Speaker 1: Shut up, Diamond. Diamonds sitting back here laughing at us. You shut up. You can't eat any of this. You're allergic to everything.
Speaker 2: She's allergic to this one. Does it have nuts?
Speaker 1: It's got honey?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, she can't have honey.
Speaker 1: You can't have honey, sweating corn and oat cereal?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, well, I give it four on the floor.
Speaker 1: Your mouthful of it? Okay? Anyway, so four balls are you? I gotta be honest with you. I'm giving it a bawl in a spoon. I'm not. I'm not a fan. I don't think I could finish an entire bowl of this.
Speaker 2: I could.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna eat it because I paid for it. That's sad.
Speaker 2: But you're that person you wipe your plate clean just because you ordered it.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna test the milk out.
Speaker 2: I like the milk. I thought it was so, I'm a big fan.
Speaker 1: Milk is just okay.
Speaker 2: I think it's great while.
Speaker 1: You're drinking coffee to cleanse your palate.
Speaker 2: No, it's tea.
Speaker 1: Oh okay. Diamond is sitting behind his like nobody is listening to this crap.
Speaker 2: Your mom listens. She's our only listener right now?
Speaker 1: Why you guys even talking? My mom doesn't even know what a podcast is.
Speaker 2: You said on the last episode that she was the one listen that we had.
Speaker 1: And then I said I was kidding, oh, because she doesn't even know how to use what guy was listening to the other guy or girl in his underwear eating bowls of cheerios on his couch.
Speaker 2: I guess it's not a bad life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, Well you know what. I'm out. I'm sorry Post. I love you. I love your fruity cocoa pebbles, but I'm out on honeycomb. So a ball and a spoon for me now here. I'm very excited for this one. Actually, oh my god, this one excites me. And this is new from Kelloggs, even though again I don't know why they're trying to hide, Like this doesn't say Kellogg's on it anywhere. It'scept a tiny little k down here. It doesn't make any sense to me. Like we know that Kelloggs makes pop tarts. What was the other one that we had? It didn't say that ohe Oh cereal, what the hell was that? The lut show? What was that all about?
Speaker 2: That? I don't even know maybe for special addition things.
Speaker 1: I think somebody lost a bet on that one and they had to put it out.
Speaker 2: But I'm so excited for this.
Speaker 1: So this is this is pop Tart Cereal. I got the frosted strawberry one. They had another one. Oh oh boy. I just opened it. That was very pungent. Wow, smell that smell that Oh man, that's strong. Okay, there's nothing natural about that smell.
Speaker 2: I don't care. It's what's natural about a pop tart? Think about it. It's like sugar on a piece of bread.
Speaker 1: So it's it's frosted strawberry, naturally and artificially flavored.
Speaker 2: This is Diabetes the Cereal.
Speaker 1: This is Diabetes the Series. Here we go. So they look like tiny, little frosted pop tarts.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I'm so excited. I kind of just want to eat one that's not covered in milk yet? Can I do that?
Speaker 1: No? I don't know if we're allowed to do that.
Speaker 2: I'm going to save one on the side.
Speaker 1: Then Okay. It looks like they're made on the same machine that the frosted miniwheats are made on, because that's what I was about to say. This is a frosted mini wheats with strawberry on the same out of shape, and it does apparently have some sort of strawberry filling. So you know what, I'll allow it. Let's go, let's go one without there. I'm not really sure what to think. Yeah, you were very excited for this one too. Yeah, your face does not look excited. But hold on, let the milk permeate it.
Speaker 2: Oh no, see, once you get to the strawberry center, that's nice. That's good for you.
Speaker 1: Really, Yeah, that's the artificial part.
Speaker 2: This is gonna taste good with milk.
Speaker 1: All right, let's see. But again, this is not a freaking breakfast. I would never bring this home to my kid and say, here we go have breakfast.
Speaker 2: I would hope not.
Speaker 1: You know, here we go.
Speaker 2: I feel like you can't have like it's so sweet to have four. I had won and was already like, this is a lot.
Speaker 1: I seriously need an insulin shot. Oh waited that the other way around.
Speaker 2: Overwhelmingly strawberry like.
Speaker 1: It tastes like it's a fruit roll up in the middle. Right, It's so true. I didn't even think of that.
Speaker 2: It kind of tastes like so I don't like the straw very part of the pop tart. I always go for the edges.
Speaker 1: I'm just the opposite. You can have my edges. I hate the edges. I only want the filling. Oh my god, Wow, we are a marriage made in heaven.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's why we have a great cereal podcast.
Speaker 1: One person listens to Thanks for listening, Jack. If it's your first name, Apple, Oh my god, it's the corniest thing I've ever heard anyway. Oh my god, we're way over ten minutes already, nobody's listening. We gotta go.
Speaker 2: If you've made it ten minutes, it's your tweet.
Speaker 1: Wait, can diamond have a cereal No, artificial diamond, can't have anything. It's not terrible, No, not at all.
Speaker 2: It just kind of tastes. It's weird how they got it pop tart like it matches the pop tart taste in cereal form. Like, I don't know how they did that.
Speaker 1: I kind of want to deconstruct one of them when it's soggy, to kind of see which in the middle. But they have a butt.
Speaker 2: Did you see this? Flip it over? It's kind of like a crease.
Speaker 1: I ate all of mine. Oh my god, look at that. That's huh. Well, I guess I have to fill it some way, but just gets three balls. Yeah, you know, I would do this with chocolate if there was chocolate, but then that's crave, so it's kind of no cravee Cereal.
Speaker 2: I remember how crave.
Speaker 1: Yes, you have, We've had it here. There's double chocolate crave and there's regular chocolate crave. You've had it.
Speaker 2: I haven't.
Speaker 1: Fine, it's coming next.
Speaker 2: I think it's good. It's a little overly sweet and too strawberry.
Speaker 1: Two balls for me. I'm pretty sure they had a blueberry one too, but we're going to keep the blueberry out of here since the last episode. Two balls in a spoon.
Speaker 2: Three balls.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I mean I ate the whole thing, so I mean, so did I. But I'll eat everything all the time so it doesn't matter. So okay, Well, I mean thanks for listening. I mean, yeah, what do you want us to eat next time? I mean it's kind of stupid because you could just eat it and see how it is. So what do you need us for? Cereal is like three bucks of bucks? But we thank you for listening to the Cereal Killers podcast. Follow us on Twitter at Cereal Killers PC. That is Cereal with a C or Andrew Pug on Twitter and Instagram or is he Scotti be on Twitter and Instagram? Lots of fun? Let me tell you, well, oh it.
Speaker 2: Make sure you subscribe on wherever you're listening right now, because then when a new episode comes out, it just gets put right into your phone. You don't even need to like, oh where do I find it? It just gets delivered.
Speaker 1: I don't really love the taste in my mouth right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a little chalky.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I would say chalky, but it's just weird. I'm gonna drink Oh the milk, the milk, hold.
Speaker 2: On, that's the diabetes kicking in.
Speaker 1: Wow. The milk tastes slightly like strawberry Quick. Tell me if I'm wrong, not bad? Right? Oh?
Speaker 2: I love that milk.
Speaker 1: It has a hint of strawberry Quick.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna bump it up to three bowls in this one. Wow.
Speaker 1: Look at that. I drank the milk and it gets a bonus. So thanks for listening to episode six. Yes of Serial Killers, we made it to six half a dozen, Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Only one nine hundred.
Speaker 1: Nine hundred and ninety four to go till one thousand episodes. Perfect, we'll start planning that party. Until then, thanks for listening and crunch