Speaker 1: Welcome to the Ravens Press Pass Podcast. The Ravens out another week of OTA practices and quarterback Lamar Jackson was out there on the field as the Ravens went through this day of practice. Now, after practice, we also had a chance to hear from Lamar along with head coach John Harbaugh. So let's kick things off with quarterback Lamar Jackson.
Speaker 2: Hey, Lamar, first impression of these new offense?
Speaker 3: And how do you see this epetition with interfit?
Speaker 4: You're getting a new offense is smooth, more verbaice than usual.
Speaker 5: I like it.
Speaker 6: I'm loving it so far.
Speaker 7: Are you saying anything in this offense so far that maybe you wanted to see out of the new offense coming in?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 4: Well, I just said it, you know, like more verbage coach, like basically just giving us the keys to the offense.
Speaker 6: Really and like I said, I'm loving it really.
Speaker 2: Working out there.
Speaker 8: He's my Monk and Daklin talking in. What's it like being going through a practice with them?
Speaker 6: Not even just practice?
Speaker 4: I want to say, gee, I say, even in the meeting through like coach very active, like he's talkative, and like you enjoying it, like the learning process of what He's saying, you know, teaching us the n uh the new offense, and it's fun.
Speaker 8: Last year, different circumstances obviously, But why did you feel it's important to be here today?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 6: Y new offense?
Speaker 4: You know how to had to get that down pack before the season roll land cause the season a getting there, even though I got a couple months left, but still just wanted to learn the new offense and give with my guys.
Speaker 3: I'm Martin expected it to be here for the rest of those hears.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I do lamorrow.
Speaker 5: How do you find yourself learning this new offense? I mean, how how's it coming along?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 6: Studying?
Speaker 4: Uh being in the meeting room, staying after when everybody leaving the building, I'm still here with UH coach t and Coach Monk and going over things.
Speaker 8: Early in p uh impression of Jay Flowers.
Speaker 5: You know it's early days.
Speaker 8: But putting there, you guys just go back to the South Florida connections.
Speaker 4: Uh Zay shifting say very fast, explosive. He can stop on the dime. I know y'all seen that like I seen it yesterday when you guys wasn't here, and I've seen it today.
Speaker 6: So he smooth.
Speaker 10: How good is it to back out there?
Speaker 4: Oh, it's great to see my guy back out there. Receive one for sure. I'm glad to see him back healthy. Can't wait to hear on the field.
Speaker 11: Marble say, Uh, coach is basically giving the keys to the offense tool? What what exactly do you.
Speaker 5: What do you mean by by that?
Speaker 3: Just?
Speaker 12: Uh?
Speaker 6: You know you can change things when you want to.
Speaker 4: You know, you see the defenses not looking right to you, see some guy blixing. You might want to a receiver to do something different cause giving you the free will to do whatever you want to.
Speaker 13: Can you look at all the guys that can't approach and there's so many guys always targets out there?
Speaker 10: Well, what are you back making it everybody happy?
Speaker 13: I mean, there'd be some guys that are gonna be right if they don't.
Speaker 2: Get the ball out.
Speaker 6: I mean, I feel like if we win it, everybody should be happy. So we gonna see how I go.
Speaker 3: Wow, when uh Lamar.
Speaker 8: Looked for you, see it seemed like you indicated that you wanted style of offense.
Speaker 3: But what does that mean to you?
Speaker 8: And I guess you feel like a monkey does kind of have an office for you.
Speaker 6: I mean just being able to throw the ball down the field.
Speaker 4: You know, we sometimes sometimes you know, we can't running out gonna running can't only take you so far, you know, And I feel like with this new era of UH teams and offenses in the league, I feel like we need that. In Coach Todd Munkin, when I'm sitting his offense so far is looking tremendous.
Speaker 8: Do you feel like you're didn't wanta have to run as much and that'll maybe be scaled back a little bit.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, absolutely, especially with the receivers we have Bade objz duve Pro all those guys gots Isaiah the title. I can't say z Isaiah the tight end mark. My guy is looking real good and just run a whole.
Speaker 10: The standpoint helps it feel to be out there.
Speaker 4: Tim feel great to be out here again, even though I was on the sideline a little bit, but you know, it feel great see my guys and seeing everyone work so hard to you know, try to chieve his goal this year.
Speaker 10: In terms of your physical preparation, is there anything in particular where you're working on this off season. I know last season you want to come in, you want to come a little bigger. I mean, is there a focus this summer?
Speaker 4: Everything just just getting back to me and that's just being the best that I can be.
Speaker 7: That's all up in this office that you feel like will allow you to showcase the area of your game maybe that we've seen before, but showcase it more than just you know, the running ability.
Speaker 4: Uh, you know, less running and more throwing. I say, you know, Uh, I hear a lot of nose about throwing and stuff like this, yards to achieve and stuff. But I'm not really worried about the yards as much a it's it's about us just winning, so that that'll be all the winning category off anything.
Speaker 11: Do you think, Lauren, when you say less running, do you think that's something that could in your mind, could th could pick your life, could extend your career, or is that something that doesn't really your a mindset that's the least look.
Speaker 6: Uh I, I really don't.
Speaker 4: To me, it really don't matter. I feel like I have a guy. However long God want me to play, that's what it'll be. It don't matter about how long I'm go'na run cause the running backs.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 4: Frank Gore played how many years in the league he was a running back, you know, so it don't really matter about running, you know, I feel like it's on you and God.
Speaker 3: Lamar, is there a peace of mind for you?
Speaker 14: You're here in a football setting and you can only you know, you're only gonna be as football questions now for a few years.
Speaker 5: About something else. Is there a peace of mind there?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 6: Nah?
Speaker 4: Cause I was cool regardless, you know, but it it's it's much funner, you know about football.
Speaker 6: We keeping it about football and nothing else.
Speaker 15: How much do you like you talk about top monking kind of giving you the keys and being able to change plays and stuff like that. How much do you enjoy that process? Do you feel like that can kind of unlock another elements to the offense?
Speaker 6: Uh I, Uh, I enjoyed a lot, you know, I actually love it.
Speaker 4: And just hearing coach just call out the playing then just stopping practice when something wasn't looking right, and how he just you know, blurnt stuff out. It was pretty funny to me. But yeah, man, I I'm I'm enjoying this so far.
Speaker 6: Enjoy A few.
Speaker 9: Weeks ago, you said we're looking at the playbook when you're siding what you saw a any other prep that went into it.
Speaker 5: Are you watching like Georgia film?
Speaker 8: Are you sort of like, how are you experiencing?
Speaker 4: Nah, I haven't watched Georgian film. I've just been you know, watching us practice, you know, the football school practices. I I'm watching those guys and you know, just trying to learn much as I could.
Speaker 8: Like Lauren did the sense from retard that the somethings want with a.
Speaker 3: Clicker pace and kickboy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, absolutely, I I feel like I feel like it is.
Speaker 4: You know, it's a little college in it, like a little college system a little bit, but definitely faster.
Speaker 6: Definitely faster that It's cool to me, you know, it's new.
Speaker 12: I'm more on the on the subject of leadership. You've got five years in the league now, you've got a nice contract that you learn what is the responsibility as you see it of leadership in your position?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 6: I feel like just being you.
Speaker 4: You know, at the end of the day, gouds just want to see you being you and true to yourself and true to them as well, you know. And I'll just say i'm'a try to be more of a vocal leader, you know, cause they coach was like, you need to start speaking more. But it was like, you know, I just try to lead by example if anything, but I'll try to be more of a vocal leader if anything off.
Speaker 15: The field or off the field, where both both.
Speaker 10: The amount of conversation among the fans just spell whether you were here to come to ots or not.
Speaker 13: Do you do you kind of finding that funny?
Speaker 3: Do you do? You do?
Speaker 10: You ignore it?
Speaker 3: Like? What do you make of that?
Speaker 6: I ignore it? But it's funny. It's funny.
Speaker 15: Man.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Ravens Press Pass podcast. That was quarterback Lamar Jackson talking about this offense in the new system that Todd Monkin is putting into place. We also had a chance to hear from head coach John Harbaugh and here he is now.
Speaker 13: Okay, appreciate everybody being here, Thanks for coming out. Great beautiful day. As my old coach Tom Reid used to say, it's a great day for football. Every day is a great day for football, and today was a great day for football. Our guys were into it. They were energetic, enthusiastic, they were on point for the vast most part, especially second ota day. So as a coach, you feel good about that and you know, now we're on our way we did have some visiting coaches here, the coaches, the entire coaching staff from Morgan State was here, and the entire coaching state from Bowie State was here. So it's great having those guys. They came early in the morning and they've been shadowing our coaches all the position meetings, rookie meetings, special teams meetings. They've been involved in everything today. So great opportunity to get to know those guys. Great opportunity just to kind of get back from a football perspective. And I know, you know, coaches, we like talking ball, so it's good having those guys here. Okay, what questions you guys have, John, I know everything.
Speaker 5: He's all voluntary.
Speaker 3: But what's you know, what's the significance.
Speaker 5: How important is it to have theo Lamar here to.
Speaker 11: Hurt meetings and I'll work out.
Speaker 13: Yeah. Well, I just I'm happy with the numbers and we've got a lot of guys here, Jamison. The numbers are really high. Uh, That's that's exciting. The energy is really good. I always you know, I mean, I think it's important. I'm a coach, you know, I want everybody here, you know, and I want I want you know, I want every player here all the time, doing everything you can. Now, is that necessarily the best thing? I don't know, you know, I mean there's everybody's got their own circumstance, and that's okay.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 13: I think about what Obj is doing, for instance, out there in Arizona. I don't have any problem with that, or Mark's doing out there. Nope, they'll be in here soon enough, whenever they're ready, and when they when they need it, and they talk to me and tell me what they're doing. Uh, they're working hard. So you just you don't try to worry too much about it. But from an important standpoint, if you want to rank it, you know, today's the most important day there ever was, you know, because you know, tomorrow's a hope and yesterday's a memory. So I try to focus on today.
Speaker 3: The coach, now they're going to be three quarterbacks the team.
Speaker 11: How beneficial is to left the league for your team?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 13: I think it's well, I think it's good for the league. You know, it's good for the sport. So the circumstance and we actually put this real proposal in. Ozzie Newson put it in it, Scott Cohen and Nazzie Newson worked on it during the season last year. We proposed it for the playoffs and hey, you know what hindsight twenty twenty, right, But but those guys actually thought of it before, you know, so you don't want to be in a situation now with the way protocols are going, where you know, a team is deprived of a quarterback. So I think it's common sense. I applaud the league. I applaud the competition Committee, the owners for voting it, in the league office for supporting it. Applaud them because I think it's a good move. And you know, we'll just have to figure out our roster going forward with rule in mind.
Speaker 10: So what fair catches on?
Speaker 2: Tis coming out to the twenty Times.
Speaker 13: Yeah, the fair catch rule. We had a chance to weigh in on that with all special teams coaches. We went to Uh, we had a we had a long talk and discussion about that. We weren't for it, you know, we voted against it. We think it's going to create more you know, high speed head trauma than than not having it in there. That's our position on it. And uh, but we'll see, you know, they want to give it a shot and take a look at it, and we'll give it a shot and take a look at it. So it's in and and because it's in, we support it. But uh, we thought there were better ideas, you guys, added Josh Johnson.
Speaker 5: What was kind of something the resinking like that?
Speaker 13: Well, Josh is a is a veteran you know, he's a veteran quarterback who we know, you know, and Josh is uh, I mean, I think he said a record from men teams he's played forl Right, Yes, that's pretty cool, you know, it's pretty darn cool.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 13: It's it's everybody's got their journey, and and Josh's journey started at the University of San Diego. His head coach was Jim Harbaugh and his running back coach was Jack Carball. How about that they was coaching running backs then for that team, and Josh came out there a young guy, and he has his hat. He has had I'm not gonna put it on for the cameras because I know you guys that picture will go viral, But the hat was actually on sideways. And my dad said, Josh, there's just one thing that I want to share with you right now. There's the right way to wear a hat and the wrong way to wear a hat, and your way is not the right way. So that's how you do it. So my dad was out here yesterday just watching practice, and Josh came out because he got cleared on his physical. My dad's hat was this way, and Josh came out, picked up the hat and turned it sideways out of his said, my dad's river Josh right away he knew the story. So, uh no, it's great having him back. He's going to be great for a room, our team. He'll compete for the second quarterback spot and we'll see how it plays out.
Speaker 10: You were very positive about the way that Ubernet and baby, and we're looking a month or two ago. You know, does that does that continue into seeing.
Speaker 13: Them out there that Oh yeah, yeah, I think you know, Duve has been out there working hard and he's kind of building a stam in the back up and everything and with his with his feet and his legs, and I think he's doing a good job. And then baits right on schedule from what they told us, and you know he wants he's chomping the bit and you know trainers are holding them back a little bit. We want to be Oh, we want to be cautious, probably more than anything right now. But but he wants to get out there too, So feel good about those guys. Yeah, we we didn't take any folk cheap reps. That's just a matter of Hey, get in here and get settled and learn everything. Absolutely, you know, we want to ramp him up bow a little bit. You know, this is his first day was yesterday. Ramp him up in terms of the conditioning. He's been working. But with the conditioning here, the running, the lifting, the throwing, just kind of learning the offense. Just ramp him up out there. Then he'll be ready to go up. He'll probably do a little bit, you know, more tomorrow than a little bit more the next day, and we'll work from there.
Speaker 7: Job.
Speaker 2: We didn't get to askers out Sam musta for the Owens Mills guy and has started quite a bit in the league. How much do you like having him for depth behind Linderbaum? And could he be in the mix a left guard at all?
Speaker 13: You know, I think Sam, I'm gonna say right now, not that he couldn't be in the mix, but I think he's we kind of see him as a center primarily, so we see him as a potential backup center, and you couldn't have a better backup center than a guy who started thirty seven games in National Football League. The local guy, you know, loves the Ravens.
Speaker 3: You like that.
Speaker 13: You know he wants to be here. It's meaningful and he really does know what he's doing out there. So it's a big plus for us.
Speaker 15: Speaking a left guard, we've been your impressions of John.
Speaker 5: Simpson so far.
Speaker 13: John's been good. Yeah, John's been good. He's uh, He's another guy who's played a lot of football, talented, moves his feet. I was just talking to him out there. He's really moving his feet well, working on his balance and his platform a little bit, and I think getting better every day at that and big, strong guy, good athlete. Excited about him.
Speaker 11: I did you know for more he's been a wat since he's actually been out good I mean just physically held heavy.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 13: I don't really, I don't have an evaluation right now. I mean just you look good, okay, But you know, we're just working back with all the guys, and I'm excited. Yeah, I'm excited to he's here, of course, you know, but I knew he was going to come in sometime right around now, and for him to be here is great. He was into it into the meetings, he was he was locked in last two days, been completely locked in, and you know he's getting getting back with the guys and everything. So so it's a good thing.
Speaker 2: As you seen Todd's offense coming to form just early a few days.
Speaker 3: What are your impressions and what.
Speaker 11: Do you like the most so far?
Speaker 13: Well, I mean, I like the energy. I really like the energy. I mean we have we usually have energy, but you know, I think Todd has got a style that kind of lends itself to an up temple type of an offense. Just his personalities like that. He's got an up temple personality. You may have noticed, you know, Yeah, yeah you can. And he's like that all the time, you know, and I think our guys appreciate it. But uh, but there's a lot of little things we got to work out. There's so many, so many little, so many layers to putting it together, you know, and we're just kind of in the beginning of that whole process right now. So we've still got a lot of decisions to make in terms of how we want to operate situationly and things like that. But but I like, I like where we're going, and I think the players do too.
Speaker 6: Would you have two more guests.
Speaker 8: On an injury wise any opinion that's they for reasons. This is the last time I talked to you. That might you guys out at Oota's or anything like that.
Speaker 13: Uh now off the top of my head, you know, I mean we had what we had a situation we did at Michael Thomas. Michael Thomas has separated his shoulder. Uh he he kind of leaning for a ball and ended up falling and landed on his shoulders. So, uh, that'll that that could be a surgery, possibly for his labor.
Speaker 5: So we'll see the signing of Angela Blackson went into that.
Speaker 13: Uh, another defensive lineman, you know, a big, physical, hard playing, a tough, rugged defensive lineman. And also another guy that really wanted to be here. I wanted to play for the Ravens. You know, likes the way we play. So you know we like that. And he's and he can help us.
Speaker 6: John we call Himilta.
Speaker 13: Yeah, he just kind of tightened up, you know. He's he's coming back from Notre Dame and he was at Notre Dame doing those tough workouts there, and uh came here and you know, just tightened up a little bit. But uh, you know, he's gonna love.
Speaker 5: Me for saying that.
Speaker 13: You know, but I got good reports from Notre Dame. I had a spy. I just spy at Notre Dame keeping an eye on his training programs, you know I'm talking about Yeah. So, but he's doing He'll be fine.
Speaker 5: Fine.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Ravens Press Pass podcast feed OTAs continued today for the Ravens, and after practice, we had a chance to hear from a veteran and a young guy. Linebacker Roquand Smith talk with reporters as well as second year center Tyler Linderbaum. Here's Rokwand Smith talking with the media after today's practice.
Speaker 10: How do you feel rocking the number zero in New Jersey?
Speaker 16: It's pretty sweet. I just got to add a little more swag to it. But with the help of PQ Dale and z O, I think they'll help it out a lot.
Speaker 2: Roklin, you handled a very quick acclamation last year when he came in and waiting for this season. How much more comfortable are you now and just being able to have a full off season and really kind of did your teeth into the defense and really understand it.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 16: Absolutely, I think it's critical, you know, being out here, getting the spring game and just more time with the coaches, so like understanding the terminology and whatnot, because mid season is just like you're just trying to understand the concepts, not much of the terminologies. And I just think it's a great time to be out here bunding with teammates and enjoying the game that we all love. So I'm excited and there's always room for improvement, so I'm just trying to find little things to get better at.
Speaker 15: Does it feel different from a leadership perspective being here all off season?
Speaker 16: It definitely has a different feel to it far as like leadership wise. But I felt like I've let my presence be known as soon as I got here. It's not like more raw raw, but also just like leading by example on the field. So I feel like with that and then guys, you know, seeing me out here and now it's more of a time to be more vocal and you know, let the guys know what you're feeling and how you're feeling. But you know, you have to be able to put the work in in order to be that way.
Speaker 13: You know, Well, the business side of this watching you come out and still take part in otis knowing that obviously, the business side the little frushing room.
Speaker 10: Where does that say about him and.
Speaker 2: What's like working with him?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 16: Yeah, I truly enjoy working with that guy. I think he's a pro at the end of the day, and he's out here to get better with the guys and he's just trying to, you know, make this year his best year thus far. And talking with him, I think, you know, a heck of a talent. So I'm excited to just be next to him, playing against playing with him and making each other better.
Speaker 5: What are you here as well, because.
Speaker 11: Obviously are volunteers, but have your your talk back.
Speaker 5: Oh it's crucial.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 16: Everyone has their different decisions to make, and uh, it's big of him if when he decides to come in, like with him being out here is big new offense, So I think it's gonna be great. And the guy's a gamer, so I'm just excited for this season with him and Monk at the him for going on, I don't think we've.
Speaker 8: Talked to you since we retired pud Monk And obviously you're you're a Georgia guy.
Speaker 5: What was your reaction to that?
Speaker 8: And you have site argument for what's out of considering just how you know how productive it was in their last years in Georgia.
Speaker 16: Yeah, absolutely, very excited about Monk. I actually, like I vividly remember watching uh plenty of games.
Speaker 5: Over the fall.
Speaker 16: Obviously watching the Dogs even though they made it look easy a lot of times, but just how he utilized everyone in their positions and like some like a lot of eye canny and things like that. I'm like, man, and some of this stuff was brought to the league, like it's going to create some problems because I know, like it made me think a little bit, so like, and I'm speaking for other guys as well, so I think it's gonna be a great It's obviously a great addition.
Speaker 5: I'm excited to go against him every day and practice.
Speaker 10: What are your early impressions of Trendon Simpson And is it weird to how these young guys come along and sort of say that they almost grew.
Speaker 5: Up watching you.
Speaker 10: I mean he's talked about how he want model himself after.
Speaker 16: He w Yeah, because it's crazy when like I heard that like a couple weeks back, because I think, like, man, I just turned twenty six. I still feel like a kid at times. And then it's like, oh, this man, he's like looking up to me and whatnot. But about that guy, like from like the first day, Man, the guy's just so eager to learn. He's busting his tail whatever it is. He's just trying to get better. If there's little things, he's like always asking questions. So I got a great deal of respect for a rookie coming in like that and just trying to get better and be the best rookie he can be. So I'm excited about his future and I think there's a lot of great things in store.
Speaker 5: What's some of the advice you've shared with the rookies versus authority?
Speaker 16: For I would say, just be yourself at the end of the day, because you know you're coming into a new world. You're not very familiar with anyone here, but you just let your personality show. And I think if you do that, that'll be the best version of yourself and bust your tail day in and day out, and people are gonna notice that real quick.
Speaker 12: You worked out your own contract, and since you did, Lamar gave as well both significant contracts. What does that say about a player's ability to take control of his own business and what do you say to other players who might ask about that experience and its.
Speaker 5: Value for you? Yeah?
Speaker 16: Absolutely, I think every situation is different, and I think it depends on the individual. But I know nowadays and personally speaking for myself, transparency is key. A lot of players want to be at the table for themselves, and you know, see how GMS coaches and everyone think of you and how what light they see you in, and I think that's the clear picture you can get by being there yourself. And so it's big time, and you know, I'm happy for the guys that do it that way. But you know, there's obviously a lot of great agents out there as well, So I think it just more so depends on the individual.
Speaker 10: He's a voluntary y'all's rocon.
Speaker 7: Why do you feel like it's important for.
Speaker 6: You to be here?
Speaker 16: Honestly, I love the game, and I felt like the game has done so much for me and like going to do even more for me in the future. So I'm just excited to be out here and like just bunding with the teammates, and I think it's it's just great just to be out here playing the game that I love and getting better because you know, no one's ever too good.
Speaker 5: You can always find room for improvement.
Speaker 16: Angelo Sign, Oh yeah, Angelo is my guy back in Chicago, So yeah, I got a great deal of respect for him.
Speaker 5: Like the guy like runs to the ball, play hard.
Speaker 16: So I'm excited just to be back out here with him, hang out with the guy from another familiar face. So I think it's gonna be a great It's I know, it's a great addition to our defense, and I think he's gonna help us.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Ravens Press Pass podcast feed that was betteran linebacker Roquan Smith, and here is second year center Tyler Linderbond talking about lessons from his rookie season and what he expects in year two.
Speaker 3: Go On, there's impression that you're out with the Lamar Jacksons. Yeah, I mean it's good to have you know, a Lilamar back last year.
Speaker 14: He wasn't here for Ota, so just to kind of be able to work with him in the OTAs you know, I think a lot of guys are happy about it.
Speaker 1: It was a like going through a practice with Monk and I mean we see him out here.
Speaker 9: He's he's allowed, he's high energy.
Speaker 15: What's it like for you guys?
Speaker 14: Yeah, it's been good, you know, just during this football school period, just being able to install and then now getting on the field, you know, going against you know, an opponent the defense given looks.
Speaker 3: You know, it's been good to a good adjustment.
Speaker 14: You know, guys are learning and you know as time goes on, you know we'll be able to form a you know, identity on who we want to be an offense.
Speaker 3: But you know it's still still pretty early.
Speaker 10: It's gonna be a different philosophy. I blocking, do you think for too early to say.
Speaker 14: That or no, I think you know, Ravens offensive line is gonna be Ravens offensive line. You know, so come off the ball, you know, push people back and you know, I think you know, as like I said, you know, as time goes on, will form my identity you know in terms of you know, if we want to run the ball, pass the ball, but you know, still staying philosophy and technique.
Speaker 7: Taller learning his second offense now in two seasons. How how are you with learning this new offense.
Speaker 3: With talk about for you as a center, Yeah, it's been it's been a good transition. You know.
Speaker 14: I think he's doing a really good job at you know, helping the guys, you know, verbiage wise, keeping some similar stuff and then you know there's a little tweaks here and there, but at the end of the day, you know, this is what we do for a living, so you know, we've got to be a professional and you know, work together with each other and just learning the offense.
Speaker 15: Does it feel very different for you in year two as opposed to coming in as the starting center as a rookie in.
Speaker 14: Your own I think, you know, whenever you got eighteen games under your belt and then if it's definitely gonna help you, you know, there's still a lot for me personally to get better and to improve on, you know, but we got a great coaching staff here and a great group of guys here that are you know, willing to help each other out.
Speaker 9: Lamar was just saying that he wants to be more of a vocal leader this year, and I know it's only been two days, but just seeing any sort of different energy from him on that front, or do you sense anything different from him?
Speaker 14: No, I mean I think Lamar has always been, you know, a leader. I've always thought he was vocal, you know, when needed to be. So No, that's good for him though, you know, that's definitely what what the team needs because everyone looks up to him, so he'll be good.
Speaker 5: Lamar talked about being able to change place more with the line.
Speaker 9: How does that impact you as a center in this offense?
Speaker 14: Yeah, I think anytime you have a quarterback, you know, being capable to get you in and out of stuff, you know, of certain looks they don't like.
Speaker 3: It definitely helps the team out.
Speaker 14: You know, there's certain situations where a place called and it doesn't look too good against the defense that they're showing you, and just being able to get in and out of stuff is going to help the team.
Speaker 1: Hey tell her, what have been the things that you've gotten to look on you after your rookie season this offseason that you.
Speaker 8: Try to really focus on.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I think you know, every day, especially now you just come out here work on your technique. That's something that you can always improve on, you know, just in the weight room, getting bigger and stronger, faster. Uh, they're just taking it one day at a time, you know, being able to you know, have the offense down with the new offense. Just being able, you know, to understand what you need to do and then go out there and do it and work on your technique as you go along.
Speaker 5: Could you have any weight? Do you want me to hold a room?
Speaker 3: No? Same weight?
Speaker 8: Three or five teler you know trade camp last last year you missed a little time with that foot injury or whatever it was.
Speaker 2: That's kind of feeling that slf.
Speaker 3: That you did you need any cleanup books with that? Yeah, No, that just healed over time throughout the season. So good.
Speaker 10: No, how was your days a celebrity of Preakness?
Speaker 3: It was good.
Speaker 14: It was a good first experience. You know, it was a I've never been to something like that and it's kind of it's kind of cool to see the horses, you know, move like that. But it was a good time hanging out with some friends.
Speaker 15: What were some of the most important lessons that you took from your rookie year that you're applying to this year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, uh, you know, I think just coming in.
Speaker 14: I don't think you realize how hard of a game it is, especially the kind of talent that you're going against. You know, every every rep that you have in in a game in practice, you know it's it's not going to be easy. So just being being more consistent, I think is is what everyone strives to be and something that everyone's trying to get better at. But that's definitely something that you know is going to help set you up for success in this league.
Speaker 3: Is just being consistent and you know, doing your job.
Speaker 10: I think there was a play of perception that coming out of college you would need to work more on your past blocking than your run blocking.
Speaker 13: I mean with a your was that Do you think that was true at all or not?
Speaker 5: Really?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 14: Absolutely, especially coming from a run style of offense in college. You know, it's always something just to get back those reps that I you know, I didn't get, but no going up and or going to college at Iowa, you know, having the coaches that I had and you know, teaching me and then coming here, you know and being around such a great group of guys, you know, you can get you can get better at everything, and you know, I mean, certainly pass blocking is one of them. But I think everyone around the league saying that, So everyone can improve on that.
Speaker 1: That was Tyler Linderbaum along with Roe Kwan Smith. And this is the Ravens Press Pass Podcast. And if you want some more analysis of everything happening during this portion of the offseason program, go head over to the Lounge Podcast v We had a chance to actually sit down with Kyle Hamilton this week. He's also heading into his second season. He has big expectations for this year. Now, if you haven't done so, already subscribed to this feed the Ravens Press Pass. Also subscribe to the Lounge Feed as well. We appreciate you listening. Go ahead and lead a rating and a review. Thank you so much and we'll talk with you again soon