Speaker 1: What you pay attention to is what will either devour you or save you. I think we become what we pay attention too.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the one you feed. Throughout time, great thinkers have recognized the importance of the thoughts we have. Quotes like garbage in, garbage out, or you are what you think ring true. And yet for many of us, our thoughts don't strengthen or empower us. We tend toward negativity, self pity, jealousy, or fear. We see what we don't have instead of what we do. We think things that hold us back and dampen our spirit. But it's not just about thinking. Our actions matter. It takes conscious, consistent, and creative effort to make a life worth living. This podcast is about how other people keep themselves moving in the right direction, how they feed their good wolf. We hope you'll enjoy this episode from the archive. Thanks for joining us. Our guest on this episode is Sue Monk Kidd, who was raised in the small town of Sylvester, Georgia, a place that deeply influenced the writing of her first novel, The Secret Life of Bees. Her book When the Heart Waits from nineteen ninety has become a touchstone on contemplative spirituality. Sue serves on the Writer's Council for Poets and Writers and is well known for her work in feminist theology. Her new book is a novel called The Book of Longings.
Speaker 3: Hi, Sue, welcome to the show.
Speaker 1: Thank you. It's nice to be here.
Speaker 3: It's a real pleasure to have you on.
Speaker 4: We're going to discuss your latest book, The Book of Longings here in a couple moments. But let's start like we always do, with the parable of the two wolves. There's a grandmother who's talking with her granddaughter and she says, in life, there are two wolves inside of us that are always at battle. What is a good wolf, which represents things like kindness and bravery and love, and the other's a bad wolf, which represents things like greed and hatred and fear. And the granddaughter stops and she thinks about it for a second, and she looks up at her grandmother and she says, well, grandmother, which one wins? And the grandmother says, the one you feed. So I'd like to start off by asking you what that parable means to you in your life and in the work that you do.
Speaker 1: The moment that I read that parable, I thought instantly of what feels like to me the core of my spiritual life. Once the Dhali Lama said that he could sum up his in two words, which was kindness, or maybe that's one word kindness, and I never I thought that I was too complicated to do this, But I'm going to try to sum mine up in two words, and that is pay attention. So that said to me this parable that what you pay attention to is what will either devour you or save you. And I think we become what we pay attention to. So it's a very important aspect of how I approach my life, and it's a constant practice. Really. So there's two wolves in me too, and I certainly feel them pulling me two ways about this, But I guess for me, it's all about the focusing on the attention I give to this moment, to this world, to my work, to my life, to the lives around me, to the divine in everything I love.
Speaker 4: That I think that's a beautiful way to start off. I do a course called Spiritual Habits, and attention is the first principle.
Speaker 3: It's like the place it all starts.
Speaker 4: What am I paying attention to day to day, moment to moment, So I'm right on board.
Speaker 3: With you there.
Speaker 4: Your latest book is called The Book of Longings, and it's an incredible novel. It's about a woman named Anna who is a very brave, ambitious, and creative woman in the first century who becomes the wife of Jesus, and I would say the book is about both of their journeys to becoming who they were meant to be.
Speaker 3: And it is.
Speaker 4: Really a beautiful book, like all of your books, but I really really enjoyed reading it.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much. That's what an author likes to hear. Thank you.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And I hope that summary works for a very short, short summary of the book. And I don't want to give away any of the key parts of the book, but I'm going to pull out certain aspects of it that I think that we could talk about that align with what we talk about here on the show. And the first I'd like to talk about is and am I saying her name right? Is it Anna? Or is it Anna? How do you how in your mind? How is it pronounced?
Speaker 1: In my mind? It is Anna. I think that's a very Southern way of saying it. So I'll go with either one on.
Speaker 4: A slightly off note, as I do with most guests. I've been immersing myself in your work recently, and I read the Book of Longings that I mentioned to you that I also read your book When the Heartweights Spiritual Direction for life's sacred questions. But my girlfriend and I also listened to A Secret Life of Bees on our long drive from Atlanta to Columbus, and she was so struck by how that book brought her back to the childhood her mother described. And her mother has Alzheimer's, so there's a lot going on there. It was a really emotional and beautiful book. So when you mentioned a Southern way of saying it, it really brought that up in me that we did do all that recently, and how southern to her some of your work is and really brings her back to an old South of her mother's childhood.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's nice to hear. Ye.
Speaker 4: This latest book, Anna has a prayer that she says throughout the book. It's kind of her prayer and I'm going to read it and I thought we could just talk about it for a moment, and that prayer is Lord our God, hear my prayer, the prayer of my heart, bless the largeness inside of me, no matter how I fear it.
Speaker 3: Where did that.
Speaker 4: Come from for you? And what's the meaning of it for you in your life?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 1: This largeness, this was Anna's way of describing something that I thoroughly believe in for every person, and that is a kind of particular genius that dwells in every person. I think of this largeness as it can be our passion, our deepest authentic voice. However we think of what our largeness is, I think our mission is to try and bring that forth in ourselves, for not just the fulfillment of ourselves, but for the world around us. But I do believe Anna is trying to talk about her own particular genius here, and her genius is something she longs for, which is to write the lost stories of women and to have a voice in the world. Now, this resonates with me because it's very similar to my own longings, and Anna in many ways reflects a lot of myself. I guess I long to write the stories of women, I long to have a voice in the world, and these things live in me. And I think this is probably the largeness I was given. So when I first decided I wanted to write fiction, I was in my forties, and I remember I was in Greece on a trip with my daughter and friends, and we went to this little convent, Greek Orthodox convent, and the little Nune because she was I say little, because she was four eleven at least, and she said, we like our guests to come and stand under this tree where there was an icon of the version Mary sitting in the branches, and to ask the prayer that is at the bottom of their heart. Now you see how this sort of turned up in my novel. When she said that, the first thing that came to me was my prayer at the bottom of my heart is I want to be a novelist. I had not written fiction up until that point, but I longed to, and so that's what I said. I think for Anna, she looked deep into herself and came up with this prayer. And I believe this is something women long to do, to find that prayer in themselves and that largeness their own genius.
Speaker 4: I love that blessed the largeness inside of me, no matter how I fear it. And I think there's an inverse to that. Sometimes we fear it because we worry what it's going to look like if it shows up into the outside world. You know, what is bringing this largeness out of me going to mean to the life around me? And then there's another way, and this is I often hear this from a lot of listeners or people who I coach, who also fear that it's not really there.
Speaker 1: Yes, there is a lot of fear around this. Just believing that we have this aspect of ourselves something to offer the world and to offer ourselves. It's sometimes hard for people, so it requires just really listening and believing and taking a leap somehow. Most of the fear has to do with whether how this will be met in the world around us. It rearranges not just your life, but the lives of people around you who may not wish to see your largeness because it is somehow inconvenient for them. And I think there's a fear of just being visible, of being audible in the world. I'm suddenly thinking of one of my favorite poets. I like to read poetry. I can't write it, but I love to read it. It's my scriptures, I guess David White and a line that he writes is let's see, revelation can be terrible knowing you can never hide your voice again. It is terrible in some way to think about and being visible and being audible is a choice, and it's part of the fear of the largeness.
Speaker 4: I suppose the other thing that I thought was so beautiful that you mentioned there was really the love story between Anna and Jesus, which is certainly going to be controversial, but I don't want to focus on that aspect of it. What is so beautiful is the way that they nurture the largeness in each other. And as you said just a moment ago, sometimes the largeness coming out of us can be inconvenient for those around us. And it's a beautiful story between the two of them because each of their largeness is certainly inconvenient for the other at points, and yet they nurture and bless it in each other. It's a really beautiful thing.
Speaker 1: I wanted so much for this relationship to be a great love story. I wanted them to model in a way some of what's possible in a marriage. There is a moment in a scene in the novel in which they tell one another that they bless the largeness in one another. And I think that is just a beautiful thing in a relationship, whether it's a marriage or friendship or whatever, to just bless the largeness in another person. We need that not only from within ourselves, but it helps us to believe in it if someone else can see it and bless it. And yes, they do that for one another, and it is inconvenient at times. Anna particularly struggles to bring it forth, not because she has any lack of believing it or even wanting to bring it forth. It's about the culture. It's about the religious dictates and limitations and just how the world is arranged against women, and she has to work very hard to do it. And even Jesus cannot overcome all of that for her. And there is some conflict in their marriage around this, which I think brings some humanity into it.
Speaker 3: I agree.
Speaker 4: And what I think is also interesting is if we had flipped the story and we had been able to perhaps be inside Jesus's head more, we might have seen more of how it suffered and how it caused him to suffer to be apart from her.
Speaker 1: Yes, they did have long stretches of being a part, as he was an itinan In my version, he's this itinerant stonemason carpenter who has to find work outside of Nazareth at times leading up to these years of his public ministry. So I was really working in those years that are unknown about him that we have no record, and I was fascinated with the idea of what was an eighteen year old Jesus like or a twenty two year old Jesus And was he following the Jewish ethic of being married or what was he like? So those questions, the what if about that was what drove the story for me, but mostly the what ifs about Anna, because while Jess is a big character, it's her story thoroughly.
Speaker 3: That's right, that's right, It totally is.
Speaker 4: And the love between the two of them makes me think of a Rilka quote in Letters to a Young Poet where he's describing what mature love might look like and he says love consists of this two solitudes that meet, protect and greet each other. And I just love that, and I just felt like that was kind of what their love was. They protected the greatness in each other.
Speaker 1: Yes, actually, that is one of my favorite quotes, and it was a wedding gift to me from my husband. He gave me, and this I will not tell you how long ago it was, because it was just long ago. He gave me a little box and inside of it were three links of chain and he had that verse from the poem inside of it written underneath the chain. And I thought, oh boy, I've gotten chain as a wedding gift. This is like, what is this? And he said he's a was a psychotherapist. He's retired now, but he said, well, the chains on each end, that's my life and this is your life. But we're joined in the middle by this common love and union, but we each have our separate lives, our solitudes. And I have kept that chain until I gave it to my daughter on her wedding day and said, continue.
Speaker 3: That that is really beautiful. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So I want to move on to talking a little bit about a description in the Book of God that I that I love. And this this is Anna speaking.
Speaker 3: She says.
Speaker 4: It reassured me suddenly to think of God not as a person like ourselves, but as an essence that lived everywhere. God could be love, as Jesus believed for me, he would be I am who I am, the beings in our midst and I just think that is so lovely and so aligns with my idea of the divine as being this essence that lives everywhere.
Speaker 1: Yes, well me too. There is an evolving concept of God for Anna in this story, and certainly I have done this throughout my life. My ideas about God have changed and transformed, and I hope expanded and expanded. And this is once again happening for Anna. And early in the book when she meets Jesus, for I think it's the second time they have this conversation, and Anna says something like, why can't we free God? And that is what's happening here. I think she's freeing herself from these concepts of God that are narrow and limiting and very and I say this very purposefully man made, and she's allowing herself to reimagine God for herself. That's a very mystical standpoint, actually very individuated kind of thing to do, rather than to take an ecclesiastical approach. But God is not a person, she says, because they can be so disappointing. But I think of God like that as well. I am who I am the being this in our midst. God for me is both imminent in dwelling in this world and in matter, but also transcendent. And yet I have to recognize Eric that if we're going to relate to a divine presence, we somehow need to personalize it, and it's very hard to relate to a being this in our midst. So I totally get that people want to relate to imagery of the divine and it's a way of connecting as long as we understand that there is a God beyond our concept of God.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what you said there just brought up a whole bunch of different ideas in my mind. One makes me think of in Hinduism, they say there's sort of four routes to God, and you know, one of the routes is called jana yoga, which is more knowledge, but it's more knowledge of what you just said, God is sort of this unified field of being or this this.
Speaker 3: Ground of being.
Speaker 4: But then the next type is Bakhdi yoga, which is love and it's really about, you know, for people who need more of an image, and that's really what you know, a lot of people think Hinduism is all these different gods. But really all it is is those various gods appear as a way of seeing and aspect of God that we can visualize and grab on to. It's a facet of the Godhead that's behind it all.
Speaker 1: Yes, And it's amazing to me as I was writing this book, how our own lens that we look at God through, or even at Jesus through now is so dependent on just our own history, our own proclivities, our own need. God becomes somehow what we need God to be in some very anthropomorphic way. But God is beyond all of our concepts, I think, in my humble estimation, and that is what Anna is trying to say here. For her, she is freeing God and it is the ground of her being.
Speaker 4: So it had another point in the book, Mary, Jesus's mother is talking about Jesus and she says he learned well and his suffering didn't harden him. It's always a marvel when one's pain doesn't settle into bitterness but brings forth kindness instead. And I love that line and I bring it up because one of the things that I talk about on the show a lot, and it's one of the questions I ask guests a lot is what is it that causes some people to grow from difficulty and to become more compassionate, beautiful, strong wise and other people become bitter from it? And I was just kind of curious. This line brought that right up for me. Is suffering didn't harden him for kindness? What do you think are the aspects that cause us to be able to grow from difficulty and pain versus become embittered by it?
Speaker 1: What comes to me is the word vulnerable, of vulnerability, it's very hard to take off all that armor, that ego armor, I guess, and just be vulnerable to learn from something to say, this happened, and I want to grow from it. You know. In the Secret Life of Bees, I had this character t Ray, who was the father of my main character Lily, and he is the example of the opposite. I mean, he became embittered right and hardened by the circumstances that had happened to him of his losing his wife, and it followed him all the days of his life, and he grew harder and harder. And your heart shrinks and shrinks, and then it's you know, it becomes more difficult to kind of break out of that. I guess the mystery is to allow ourselves.
Speaker 5: In the moment to just be broken by it, to just be broken, and in that vulnerability to choose love compassion.
Speaker 1: And it requires a real relinquishment of a lot of our ego to do that, I guess. But I see that as what a large part of life is about, is bringing the ego into some kind of relationship, subservient relationship to one's divine self, that nature of oneself. So it's a long and difficult journey though.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And I told you in the introduction that I also read your book When the Heart Weights Spiritual Direction for life's sacred Questions, and I said I would bring these two books together. And here goes attempt number one, because in that book you're describing having a conversation with your counselor, and the counselor says, the pain won't kill you, but running from it might. And I wonder if that's somewhat of another way of saying what you just said.
Speaker 1: Well, that's interesting, Yes, it probably is. I do remember that very well. That's a lesson that y Altha, my character in the Book of Longings, also tells Lily you know, she says it like this, Let life be life, and terrible things are going to happen, and beautiful things are going to happen. I think Frederick Beetner said it like that. Terrible things will happen, beautiful things will happen, but don't be afraid. Life will be life, and we just have to have a radical acceptance of that and not run from it, and just take it all in, the pain, the beauty, the terror, all of it, live it, and do our best to become more compassionate because of it.
Speaker 4: I was about to go right to those words from her next going back to when the Heart weights, you followed the line I just read with this idea that avoiding pain, rather than having the discipline encourage to confront it and live it through, only compounds suffering in the long run. And when you mentioned your character Tray, not only did the pain harden him, the suffering that he endured in the long run was so vast because he couldn't face his pain.
Speaker 1: That's right, and the suffering that will come out of that will be vastly worse than just going through it. At the moment, I think that healing, the path to healing is right through the wound, so you just turn and move through the wound and process it and move on. There's a certain metabolizing that our soul. I have to think of the soul as having its own little digestive system, you know, and you have to metabolize and digest these things that happen to us and move through our soul and let it go, and then we're freed somehow.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I love that idea of the digestive system of the soul.
Speaker 3: That's great.
Speaker 4: Another line from When the Heart Waits is that we haven't been willing to face the fact that while the spiritual journey is joyous and full, it's also long and hard.
Speaker 1: It asks much yes, And that was part of that book, was rediscovering for myself the contemplative nature of waiting in the transformation. There's just this period of time that is required, and who wants to sit still for all of this? I mean, particularly today. I wrote that book thirty four years ago, and I was talking about how fast paced everything was and how busy we were, and oh, my fax machines and all of this. Well, my grandson doesn't even know what a fax machine is. We have so moved beyond that, And I think the contemplative nature of what we need now in order to transform is being lost. To have time for the soul to digest, we have to cultivate something like paying attention and moments in order to actually do that. Wordsworth called them spots of time in his poem The Prelude. We just need spots of time where we can be a refuge from ourselves, from those driven selves we are, and just be silent and still. I really believe in that. Of course, there's some you know, nascent monk in me, I guess, and there's my name right there. I'm living up to it. But I need that in my life, and it seems harder and harder to come by. You feel like you're just besieged somehow. So I saw When the Heart Waits as a rediscovery of those kinds of moments that allowed me to be and to transform.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're right.
Speaker 4: And in that book you do mention, you know, you refer to us as becoming quickaholics, you know, And again that was thirty five years ago, and we were quickaholics then.
Speaker 3: I don't know what the word is for us now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, crazed maybe.
Speaker 3: Crazed, Yeah, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Another idea that comes up in the new book, the Book of Longing, is this idea of mothering.
Speaker 3: What does it mean to be a mother?
Speaker 4: And Yautha, who is Anna's aunt, who we've already quoted a couple of times as having some very wise things to say, says to her at some point, Anna, I don't doubt you should give yourself to motherhood. I only questioned, is what you're meant to mother? Tell me more about that.
Speaker 1: Well, Anna is not one who wants to have actual physical children. She just knows that this is not meant for her. And so y'all opposes this question to her, what is it you're meant to mother? And it's kind of revelatory for Anna because she hadn't thought of it like this. And now we're back to what we were discussing before your largeness? Are we not meant to mother that? That is, to incubate it, to nurture it, to bring it forth, to labor for it, then to take it into the world and stand by it. So this is what I've tried to do with my writing, is to mother it. And I think of it as a real important well not maybe as important as my own two children, but important in the generation of my soul to be generative and to bring forth what I want to bring forth in the world. So for me, that's like a mothering of something else.
Speaker 4: Right, right, And I was struck by this idea of mothering. I was also struck by how a lot of mothering is waiting. You know, your book When the Heart Weights, We've referenced a couple of times, and I was sort of struck by how, you know, particularly in the process we think of as giving birth right, the most of the time that process is waiting.
Speaker 1: Yes, and again it's such a hard thing to do. And I don't think sometimes women particularly might think of mothering, say a creative work as motherhood. But I wanted to plant that idea just that, remembering that we have this inside of us, that is that we can grow from within and bring forth without And this is not limited just to women. I think men can mother too, what is in them to bring forth? And I think of the mothering aspect of God, and even the creative life to me, has so much to do with darkness and silence and growing something inside that is true and real, and the labor and the waiting for it all so I see just the creative part of life is very like a dark Madonna.
Speaker 3: In when the heart weights.
Speaker 4: You say, we seem to have focused so much on exuberant beginnings and victorious endings that we've forgotten about the slow, sometimes torturous unraveling of God's grace that takes place in the middle places.
Speaker 3: And I love that idea.
Speaker 4: Whether we're thinking of birth, you know, there's these exuberant beginnings like I'm pregnant and victorious endings I just gave birth, or in writing a novel, oh I've got the idea is the exuberant beginning and the victorious ending is oh, the book is published. But there's all this middle place in both those which can be you know, as you said, sometimes slow, sometimes torturous.
Speaker 1: Exactly, and that middle place, Wow, that's life. That's real life. It's getting up every day and having the courage to choose compassion or pay attention or write bravely. It's the work, it's the sitting in the chair. It's just life itself. And I think learning to love that again and to value that and not see it as just a passing time or trying to skip over it to get from here to there, But that's where our life is, and actually the creation happens in those moments that we're not even totally aware of. It's just I come into my study every morning and labor away and then okay, four and a half years later, there's the book.
Speaker 3: Is that your routine, a daily writing routine.
Speaker 4: You go in and you spend the time working, regardless of how it's going.
Speaker 1: Yes, I will have to say that after I finish a book, I generally take some time away and let my self be fallow for a while and give time for some new creative idea to sprout or grow, because the ground needs to sit a while for me. But yeah, I come in every day, and I mean I'm here for hours and hours. My husband will send the dog in after me with the toy to play with, and then I know, Okay, I've been in too long. But I get lost in this realm and identify with my characters. And I love the actual writing of the book more than I like having written it. Frankly, I just like the process.
Speaker 4: There's another part that you mentioned in When the Heart Waits, and you say, this is an important principle in waiting, coming to the enormous realization that there are seed forces within us. The potential for wholeness life with a capital L is fully here. We don't have to go out in conquest and make it happen. We can simply let it happen consciously. And so I think that both those things are there. You're describing a process of showing up every day to try and birth it, but also realizing that there is something within us. And this is back to the very early idea of Anna and the largeness inside of her. That this process of bringing something to be is both an active and a passive. Is the wrong word because you describe waiting as not being passive, but there's a more active and perhaps.
Speaker 3: A less active.
Speaker 4: That's not very articulate, but you get the idea of where I'm going with this.
Speaker 1: Well, contemplation is both. It has an active part, and I guess we would say, let's not use passive, then let's say patients nice quiet still the being cultivating that sense of just being. I tell you what I call it sometimes loitering, and it's true. There is just something very spiritual and deep about loitering well or loitering consciously. And the real key for me in waiting or in being still or patient, is doing it consciously, doing it with attention and paying attention to what's the process inside of us and what we're bringing forth and so forth. So I have a strong desire sometimes to just go out and do and do, and then I have to return to this silent place and myself. My words matter to me so much, I need silence beneath them in order to have the best words that I have out there, if that makes sense. They're grounded with silence. So there's a poem by May Sartin, Boy, I am really quoting poets today, So why I am doing that? But May Sartan's talked about a poem called the Old Woman, and she said, Old Woman, I meet you deep inside myself. You are the silence beneath my words. And when I heard that, I thought, we all need that kind of silence beneath us to hold us. And that's the waiting.
Speaker 4: Do you try and take time aside for silence every day, a meditative or a prayer practice or is it something that you come to a little bit more organically.
Speaker 1: I used to do a very formal mindfulness meditation, and I still do it from time to time, but in a more as you said, organic way. I think of it as a spirituality of naturalness. Maybe. I mean, I want my spiritual life in my ordinary life to just be integrated so that it all becomes a prayer. And Thomas Merton the monk Trappis Monk was really important in my formation, and he said, you know, the birds are my prayer. The wind in the trees is my prayer for God is all in all. I liked that idea of just going about my ordinary day, doing my thing, but paying attention and understanding that there's this spark in it. So I guess it's not so formal anymore as it used to be. But maybe one day I will be able to have it all be a prayer.
Speaker 4: That's the goal, is the integration of that and that ability to be more present as we go about our lives. I mean, for me, that's the whole point of taking time aside.
Speaker 3: To sit specifically, is so that.
Speaker 4: More of the moments of my day are imbued with that stillness and that quiet. And the quote that you just read by Merton reminded me of one of my favorite quotes from an old zen master zen Master Dogan, and he said, enlightenment is intimacy with all things, and that is just resonates with a Merton quote.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 3: So the last thing I'd like to ask you about.
Speaker 4: And we are near the end of our time, here is another part from When the Heart Waits, because I thought this was a really beautiful idea, and i'd like you just to say a little bit more about it, even though I'm asking you to quote or go back to a book that you wrote thirty years ago. Sorry about that, but I think you'll relate with this and have something wise to say. You say, letting go isn't one step, but many. It's a winding, spiraling process that happens on deep levels, and we must begin at the beginning by confronting or ambivalence.
Speaker 1: Yet, well, you hear my dog in the background too.
Speaker 3: Your dog is telling us the interview is over.
Speaker 1: My goodness, Yes, And first of all, I don't mind it all talking about a book I wrote thirty four years ago. Somehow that book has endured and it has a kind of universality to it that I am so glad people of now new generations are able to relate to letting go. Yes, it is not a one time thing. Is it. I find that life is like a spiral and you just go round and round, but you're always going in the right direction, hopefully. So it's that two steps forward, one step backward kind of thing. And you know, you go around and every time you make the loop, you learn and you learn and you learn, and you fall down a lot and you grasp again. I mean, that's just part of life. I suppose, at least it is for me, and I have to let go over and over and over. But the miracle, the mystery is that somehow, as you do this, it transforms you over a period of time and the most subtle places inside of us, so that you realize you have changed one day, and it's not overnight. It's a long process.
Speaker 4: I think that's beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. Well, Sue, thank you so much for taking the time to come on. I have really enjoyed this conversation.
Speaker 1: I have enjoyed it also, Eric, thank you, Yes.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: If what you just heard was helpful to you, please consider making a monthly donation to support the One You Feed podcast. When you join our membership community with this monthly pledge, you get lots of exclusive members only benefits It's our way of saying thank you for your support now. We are so grateful for the members of our community. We wouldn't be able to do what we do without their support, and we don't take a single dollar for granted. To learn more, make a donation at any level and become a member of the one You Feed community, go to oneufeed dot net slash Join the One You Feed podcast. Would like to sincerely thank our sponsors for supporting the show.