Speaker 1: Ma'am. This is not a petting zoo.
Speaker 2: It's one more thing. Boy, old boy. I think I know where this story is going. Katie's going to tell a pregnancy story. But before she gets to that, Katie's pregnant.
Speaker 1: If you didn't know that, that'd be weird if I was telling a pregnancy story and not pregnant before we get to that.
Speaker 2: One of the worst things I've ever said in my life, and that is a long ust.
Speaker 3: Oh good lord, Yeah, that's that's a bar to clear.
Speaker 2: I was in a play in college and this non traad. That would be someone who's not like, you know, a teenager in college. They're older. They came back to college woman, she's probably in her mid thirties. She was going to play a pregnant woman in this play. And the night of the show, I don't know why. This is a very low rent deal. We had not done any we'd not been in our costumes till show night, apparently, but anyway, the night of it, are doing the show and she was playing a pregnant woman. I said, wow, you really look pregnant, and she said, I haven't put the pillow in yet. Oh wow, Oh so bad, so bad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's go ahead.
Speaker 2: My response was to I think I just shrunk away. There's no coming back from that. You just need to basically say, and I have embarrassed myself and angered you forever. I will leave now. I mean, if you'll excuse.
Speaker 3: Me, I'm going to slink.
Speaker 2: Away, because that is basically what I did. I think I was the MC of the thing or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, people, I've seen that a couple of times in my life where people just don't know of that prohibition, right.
Speaker 2: I know it was sketch comedy, and I was the MC of the thing, that's what. Oh, but she was going to be a pregnant You really look pregnant. Yeah, I haven't put the pillow in yet, you.
Speaker 3: Lord lord? And I was speaking of pettings. Is my poor dog? I noticed this the other day. He's a very affectionate dog. He's half a black lab and half border Collie. But we have had construction workers and electricians and painters and wallpaper guys and you name it in our house now for months. Our doors are open all the time. People walk in. It's stranger. I'll say, hey, how you doing. He'll go good, I'm the what's it's And I'll say, oh, great, God right over there. We just it's it's crazy. But Baxter gets so many pets now, he gets so much attention. Now when the project is finally over, I mean, my family's coming in for Thanksgiving. But then when when that's all over, I'm gonna have to show him the way to the liquor cabinet or or give him extra walks or something, because he's going to be so down. He's been the bell of the ball.
Speaker 2: My dog, who's a pug and half blind because they are bred to have smashed up faces and their eyes don't work. There their bread their eyes. It's ridiculously. They can't breathe either. The whole thing is ridiculous. But he can't see very well, so he barks and growls every time I come in the house. So I always have to say, it's me. I live there, I pay the rent, I'm my name's on the deed. Stop barking at me.
Speaker 3: Let me show you the favor work. Anyways, speaking of petting zeos, Katie, what what what are you talking about?
Speaker 1: Oh? Just you know, I'm very grateful to be pregnant, but some of the stuff that happens along with it is just hilarious, and people the lack of filter or judgment calls on what to do and what not to do has blown my mind. Uh.
Speaker 2: I was out and about the other.
Speaker 3: Welcome to the sisterhood of are you f and kidding me with this?
Speaker 2: Right? Yeah? That pretty much.
Speaker 1: So I'm out the other day and there's this one particular woman who she already bothers me in ways I don't need to it into, but she comes up to me and goes, so, is your belly popping yet? And she rubs me like I'm a bootle? Uh?
Speaker 2: First of all, whoa that?
Speaker 1: I mean? Because I've never never in my life have had I have I ever had somebody just come up and decide to rub my belly h.
Speaker 2: Virtually.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm I'm barely showing I have, you know, and I wear hoodies all the time, so it's like, I'm not you can't really tell I'm pregnant.
Speaker 3: Well that's why we got to rub on your belly, kittie, just to be sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, she goes, you know, she rubs my belly, and I'm kind of like in that what what the fuck? Moment? And I hadn't said anything, you know, and she goes, oh, not yet, so what have you been eating? And I'm like like, and I told her, you know, everything sour and you know whatever, and she goes, oh, it's definitely a girl.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah. I'm like, no, that's fine. I mean I know, but you can't people.
Speaker 1: Well, so then she graduates from the belly rub and I'm already not a touchy person.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: I'm not the like as a girl growing up, I wasn't like the link arms with my girlfriend's kind of thing.
Speaker 2: I just don't do that.
Speaker 1: The next thing she goes for she starts grabbing my hair. She's like, so has your hair gotten any thicker? And I looked at her, Oh yeah, we'll call her Barb. I might Barb. I'm not. I'm not an animal at a petting zoo.
Speaker 2: Okay. I totally flashed on her.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh yeah, your finger.
Speaker 2: She earned that completely.
Speaker 1: What I mean, it was like from the belly up to my head, I'm.
Speaker 2: Just like, the oil oil check is next, That's what I was thinking.
Speaker 1: It was just very it was very strange. And I told my mom about it and she's like, yeah, you know, some people are gonna and I'm like, no, they're not because I'm I'm now know that that's coming. And if I even see a remote reach. I mean, we like wax on wax off.
Speaker 3: You know, Uh, what is the mindset? How do you arrive at the mindset that it's okay for me to touch this person I've never touched before?
Speaker 2: She have kids? Yeah, right, she's been pregnant.
Speaker 3: So we're friendly.
Speaker 1: I mean, like I I don't. She drives me nuts, but like when I see her, I'll give her, you know, the single arm hug. Hey, how you doing that type of stuff? But just immediately go in for that.
Speaker 3: With one arm, you know, I can, I can forgive her more than other people. It's still an amazing lack of insight. But she and then I only know this having you know, lived through three pregnancies and my wife and blah blah blah, and and talk to her and other people. But she believes you are now part of the same club of having performed the miracle of creating life. And that is so incredibly transcendent that you now understand something that other people, particularly men or non birthing people. I'm sorry to use the incorrect, the old timey term men. That's sarcasm, clearly, but there's something that other people can never understand. So she thinks you're really bound by that. But and yet either she was one of those person people who is completely one of those women who is completely unoffended when near strangers groped her to see how she was coming along. Yeah, and it never occurred to her that another pregnant lady might find that incredibly annoying. I don't yeah, no kidding, let's see, I'll dilate, let's check, let's fimisht.
Speaker 2: It was quite bold. I don't know.
Speaker 1: And the only other the only other thing that I've I've gotten quite a bit is that I look tired.
Speaker 2: Oh, which I am tired.
Speaker 3: Thank you, a comment nobody wants to hear in any circumstances. And but nobody said, hey, is the boob fairy come to visit yet, Hong Kong. I mean, because that's nobody.
Speaker 2: I mention that somebody.
Speaker 1: I have a feeling somebody's just gonna come tit check me one of these days.
Speaker 2: Those things are huge, now, yes, thank you, Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Well, this this woman, because I have a friend who's she's she's six months pregnant, so she's ahead of me, and she works at the establishment where we were all hanging out, so they interacted as well, and she actually said that to her.
Speaker 2: She went, wow, your boobs have gotten huge, And my.
Speaker 1: Friend looked at her and went, yeah, I'm pregnant. It's just there's no filter on this, no filter, but yeah the whole Oh you look tired. And my reaction is, oh, my gosh, thank you oh much.
Speaker 2: You know what will happen, this is true.
Speaker 3: Somebody's gonna come up to your stomach and they're gonna start talking to it, like doing like little.
Speaker 1: You know, goo goo got gods.
Speaker 2: You know, they're gonna catch a need of the chin if I can.
Speaker 1: I don't know if that'll be possible once that starts happening.
Speaker 3: But Michael, the term is abdomen, not stomach. If the baby was in the stomach, it would be digested. It would be if you'd like to go with the uterus to be more specific, that would be acceptable too.
Speaker 2: It's been noted anyway.
Speaker 1: I just I almost exploded from irritation when all of that was going on.
Speaker 3: Oh, Judy would occasionally hear references to the baby in your stomach, and we would have a laugh about but good times. No, I didn't eat the thing.
Speaker 2: It's an entirely different process.
Speaker 3: It starts, is the other way up?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Anyway, enough said, Well I guess that's it.