Speaker 1: Love plays. How do you have to evaluate what there that time?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I think it was good just to get out there get a feel for obviously the game speed and getting hit and trying to go through reads and stuff and uh, just get the feel again. So obviously wasn't as productive as i'd i'd like to been, uh myself, but you know, that's why it's preseason get out there and get a feel like that. So I want to say about a week ago, got back from Nashville pretty early, so yeah, they asked me if I wanted to play, and I said, yeah, I'd like to get out there and get a feel for it. So, uh, it's been good. You know. I like just the way he calls plays and everything. And obviously it's preseason, so it's pretty you know, are just our basic concepts and plays. We're not scheming up other defenses or anything like that. So having him get some some reps of calling plays the thing is good for him, and and I like how he's a game in the field and everything, so it's pretty good.
Speaker 1: You didn't mind getting hit, I mean, is that just kind of the right of passage that you look for a preseason game and then not only the hit, but you land on your throwing shoulders, So.
Speaker 2: That's there hazard that yeah, I mean, uh yeah, practice you're you're not getting that. You know, you're obviously get a pass rush and all that kind of stuff, But to get out in the game and understand that, you know, there's a mental clock where you have to get the ball out or else you gonna get hit, or there's times where you do have to stand in there and and take some hits. Like that's the kind of stuff you can get in practice. And so honestly, it's those things that you know, I liked just the idea of playing in a preseason game to to feel again, you know, before the season gets here and everything. So it's just it's good reps for me. It's a good feel for me as a quarterback. So you know, I didn't I didn't mind it. You know, it's part of the game. Like you to series you have any at all, like.
Speaker 1: Buck out of here, you know, series.
Speaker 2: I mean, like I said, it's part of the game and stuff. So for me, I'm not out there freaking out about oh my gosh, I'm not trying to get hit like that's that's not football, you know. If I'm stepping out in the field, then obviously I know what's at stake in terms of it's a physical game. It's fast, things happen, You're gonna get hit, You're gonnallow the ground, So I know that. But at the same time, am I gonna do some crazy scrambling and and you know, make up some stuff to try to move the ball. So you gotta you gotta be smart in that in that sense.
Speaker 1: So seventeen practices in now, and a lot of offensive players have been missing since the beginning a practice or or some missing sporadically. Do you still think you by week when you can really hit the ground running and be a sharp offense or there's time running out for that's really good week one?
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, obviously, I think we got to take a day by day and get guys healthy. You know, that's the first thing. I can't just sit up here and tell everybody that you know, we're gonna be perfect and we're gonna look one hundred percent come game one. Like, obviously everyone's different in terms of their bodies being you know, healthy and so but from you know, the history that we have with guys rehabbing and getting healthy in our and our medical staff. They get guys ready, and uh, I think, you know, come week one, we'll have a good majority of us ready to roll. So I'm pretty confident in that. And obviously the coaches are gonna do some good scheming and stuff, and I think we will hit the ground running. So he's a baller man. He makes plays, goes through his reads and brings energy. Man, He's he's out there making plays and guys feed off it. You know, that's football. You know it's not always going to be pretty, and you drop back and everything's gonna be perfect, Like you're gonna have to make plays off schedule and and uh bring some juice of the team and guys feed off that. So love having him in the room. And and uh, like I said, he's he's pretty electric.
Speaker 1: One that rip it. And we got a chance to see him tonight and I thought he looked pretty good. What did What did you think of his first performance?
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, awesome. Uh to get out there, get into a rhythm, make you know a couple of good throws on the run, and and uh, you know he was in rhythm on time, Uh, making good decisions man. So to go out there fourth quarter. You know, you never know what's gonna happen, what defenses are gonna be doing at that point. But he went out there and ran our offense pretty efficiently. So I'm pumped for him, and I know that's gonna continue to boost his confidences as he plays more so, pumped for him.
Speaker 1: Thanks, Els kind of bounced around a little bit centered guard. Uh, you've had kind of a front row seat watching him and being around him. How do you feel about how he's developed and taken on in a couple of different positions.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think, Uh, you know, Nick's ready for it. He's smart, Like I said before, obviously he's learned from from Brendle, and and uh, he's a guy that's come in and you know, sort of earned the respect of all the guys in the room that he's playing with. And so you know, for me to see him go and play but both center and guard and being ready for his number to be called, I think he's done a good job with all of it, and he's gonna be ready for it, ready for his opportunity. And and obviously I got his back, and I know that he's gonna continue to get better as we go and as he gets more reps.
Speaker 1: So yeah, on Friday, what would be a p P season anale for for you and Stars?
Speaker 2: I mean, obviously you want to get as close as you can to the feeling of how it's gonna be week one, you know against New York and and getting your feet out there and that feeling of you know, putting a drive together, you know, moving the ball, first downs points on the board. I think that's that's what I'm sort of gonna chase for that game. And I know we all are as starters, so that's the goal. That's the goal every time we step out in the field. But week ones rolling up closer, you know, then then we know it, so gonna be ready for it. Thanks st