Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news, The.
Speaker 2: Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: Let's look at some of the stocks on the move today here in Europe. IM Caroline Hepgar with Stephen Carroll, and we're joined by Bloomberg with Portia claim Malay.
Speaker 1: Good morning.
Speaker 3: Wow, it has been so hectic with so many European companies reporting. Let's start with st micro Electronics shares really plunging.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, This is really a story of a tech company taking a massive hit for not meeting those sky high expectations.
Speaker 1: And that's quite a familiar story at these days.
Speaker 4: So st Micro's print this morning was actually quite positive.
Speaker 1: It expects data center.
Speaker 4: Revenue to be above one billion dollars for twenty twenty six, which is more than what it had expected. It also said that the data center revenues will be above, well above two billion in twenty twenty seven. So there's very strong momentum in that part of the business. But what investors seem to be focusing on more this morning is that the forecast for the third quarter is actually slightly lower than expected. And so given how strong this data center business is, the weakness can probably be attributed to weakness in other end markets, and namely the automotive and market and then the consumer electronics and market as well, where it seems that maybe recovery is taking a little bit longer than expected. So this is not a story about a slow down in AI demand, but more one about one of those very elevated expectations and what happens to kind of those chip makers when they disappoint on some of those metrics. But it's very much the weakness in other end markets rather than AI driving down those shares.
Speaker 1: For this you micro this morning well, speaking of elevation, DOSO Aviation share is taking off.
Speaker 4: Yeah, absolutely, it's a good day for French defense overall. So Deser Aviation, which makes both private jets and then also fighter jets, came out with very strong numbers last night with revenue way above what analysts had expected and then very strong deliveries of its fighter jets as well.
Speaker 1: That was also a head of estimates.
Speaker 4: And in addition to that we had this morning we had Talis, another big French defense company, reporting a huge, huge search in orders and then very strong at cash flow as well, with performance being driven in particular by the defense in aerospace divisions, and some analysts noted that there was very very strong demand from a Middle Eastern customers. So this is really an example of this huge rise in military spending really boosting those defense companies. Of course, we know that Nature allies have committed to at least fifty billion dollars in defense industry deals. Several governments across Europe have already raised budgets for armed forces and we can see some of that momentum starting to translate into orders and into a very upb outlook as well.
Speaker 1: Okay, so that on.
Speaker 3: So what about Nesle shares sinking there?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so in Esle's volume growth was seen us quite disappointing. So that might not vote very well for other consumer goods companies like Unileva or Workit actually reporting next week. Given that the inflation from the Iran war means you know, weaker consumer confidence, it means higher input costs as well, so there's some of that impact they're on volumes for those companies, and this for Neesle is seen as a bit of a setback for the new CEO, although he is making progress on his strategy of kind of shedding those underperforming units.
Speaker 1: Today in Nesle also.
Speaker 4: Announced the cell of half of its bottled water business for three billion euros to a private equity company. So this is part of this strategy of kind of refocusing on more core businesses, meaning coffee, pet care, nutrition, and snacks, and so some of these are actually doing really well. The snacks division did well, the coffee unit have very strong sales as well in over the first half. So the CEO will be really hoping that this more dreamlined a business model is going to be able to translate into a better performance. But in the meantime, we are definitely seeing that weakness this morning because of that week of volume growth.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.