Speaker 1: This episode of Busting with the Boys. The Boys is presented by Barstool Sports.
Speaker 2: Get up there, Max, there's a bust with the boys. Second, we got Maggie. What kind of dog is that? Yellow labrador?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we think she's a lab part greyhound?
Speaker 2: Man, no way, Yeah, what part of the what part of that? Says greyhound?
Speaker 3: Do you skinny face?
Speaker 2: Get that skinny face?
Speaker 3: Skinny faces? He said?
Speaker 4: Three years old?
Speaker 3: Three years old.
Speaker 2: I was like, it goes, what the fuck about that dog being there? I was probably quiz as he goes, that's an old goal right there.
Speaker 5: Chicken man, shed what we think she is? We adopted her about she had actually a first day of training camp. I went to run the conditioning test. My wife, she drove out to cook Fille to adopt, to adopt this one.
Speaker 2: She told she told you, No, she didn't.
Speaker 5: She didn't tell me. She just surprised me. Like I get back in the locker room. There's a photo of Selphie of her with the back seat like, hey, make sure this little deal by your mouth got it. There's a photo of her like Sophie in the back seat like, hey, we got a dog now, and you're you're all right? We got a dog.
Speaker 3: Let's go.
Speaker 4: You're in training camp.
Speaker 3: Training camp. That's the last thing I'm I'm I'm worried about cook That's.
Speaker 2: Where which phone is from? Right?
Speaker 4: We've had a couple of cookvillions on here?
Speaker 2: Who else? Uh, yep, well this is when they watch it.
Speaker 4: Jim Jim On.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Jim hillcl.
Speaker 1: Jim Hensel mental guy, Oh wasn't here. Yeah, you weren't at that one, sorry, Jim Me and Chandler.
Speaker 2: I've never been to Cookville, but which was showing us like pictures. He's got like this huge ranch or this big farm and it's got like a you got this giant slipping slide there used on fourth of July they slide down it.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's kind of rad, dude.
Speaker 5: They're they're good people out there. They wrote like an interviewed Megan and they sent us an article newspaper article with her and they like Matt Slayer adopts dog from Cookville and like send it to us and they sayd like a big like Titans caller thing. It's that's cool.
Speaker 2: Did you fall in love right away? Where you're like this is this dog?
Speaker 5: I mean like she well she was really close with my wife, and and so she left today. So now she's us two right now. And uh, but at first she didn't even really like me touching her.
Speaker 3: Really, yeah, she was really scarish me.
Speaker 2: She like, I have a little deal the wife around.
Speaker 3: We don't. We don't know, male, Yeah, we don't know.
Speaker 4: It's a thing.
Speaker 2: The exact thing you are. You're you're like a classically eighties offensive lineman. Dude, you got that fucking vibe about you. Anytime we're in the meal room. You got like two glasses of milk with you, two sandwiches, milk.
Speaker 4: Voice.
Speaker 2: He's got that fucking you got that, you got that deal.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 2: You look, I'm telling you what. So dogs from Cookfield, Le's sweet. That's the second This is the second dog we had the podcast.
Speaker 3: It's sick.
Speaker 2: But Maggie, you're much more well behaved than the last dog that was on our podcast. We'll be honest. Still, Yeah, Hager had to go, dude, he was too high energy, too high energy.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: We use this company that's gonna be called Global and they're like solid place, solid place.
Speaker 3: I remember you tell me about that.
Speaker 2: They specialize in like dogs that they do. They protection dogs, so like they're these dogs are so like customizable. It's so weird to say that about another being.
Speaker 3: But train the boy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're so cozy, like yeah, you can them do anything like bark once, bark twice when you hear a knock, Like you can make them sit stay like you can tea Like some dogs no different languages.
Speaker 1: They get between your legs, laid down and lay down, step backwards.
Speaker 4: They're like defending with you.
Speaker 2: Crazy awf leash. And this dog was great, like like Haggard was awesome. His name is Diablo. His original name was Diablo, and then we renamed him Haggard, which Lily took a day and a half. Like the dog was like Joe. But the dog he was like so high energy and when it's so little my daughter, so he would get excited whenever I got home. Or like tailing, he got super touch of tailing and he would just bump and like knock over win all the time, and she's falling over the place. He has high energy. I'm not around. Tailing's pregnant against We had a whole bunch of off going on. We're like, man, I don't know if this is it break, Yeah, I don't know if this is it.
Speaker 3: Well, thankfully a dog like back and like find another home.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I dude, you feel like such a terrible person when you're like, man, I gotta get this dog up. You gotta give this animal up.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was cool.
Speaker 4: He was rad was so much.
Speaker 3: I remember you in that process, like, dude, check these dogs out.
Speaker 2: It's hard for me to love. It's hard for me to love these animals.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: I was we went, we you with us when we went to Arizona last yearn So we went to Arizona. We played Arizona and then we played forty nine Ers. Obviously wasn't good. Gay we lost both those games. That was like three years ago because you weren't there either, high So this was three years ago, two years ago, three years ago whatever before both y'all and I got a goldfish before and I named him Lunchbox. I fucking loved this goldfish.
Speaker 3: Dude.
Speaker 2: He was unbelievable. And tailor, my wife like buys a filter for this for this fish, and I'm like, I don't know if beta fish need filters, you don't. They just put them in a bowl and they're solid. They have lived their lives. They're happy to see you. You yell at them every day to clean their room and they never do. It's like a fun little back and forth.
Speaker 1: You get with them and you see it everything, and they're happy to see you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, dude, I'll tell you what this girlfish love I would come home. You say it was a beta too, like ash, Well, I mean I don't discriminate on the color of my face.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, I'm saying, like those dark colored like they kill.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well know, you put like two men in. They puffed their cheeks out like beat the ships. It's like little boxing cheeks. They beat the hell out of them. But like I had like a he was like a like a transparent blue. He was very beautiful, right, he was a beautiful young boy. Yeah, name was lunch Box. And I left Arizona and so I said to tailor and I said, do not like do you want with our child, doude? You want with your dog? And do you want for yourself? But nothing happens to this fish, And I left. I went to Arizona and we lost that game. I had like a back thing. I ended up actually missing part of that game. And then a couple of days later, we're practicing at a su I finished practice. Thank god, I would not have been able to practice. Heard this news before. And she calls me and she's like hey, And I was like, what I knew right away? He sends it in the turt tone. I knew right away. She goes, she goes, hey, I go what. She goes, We need to talk about lunchbox. I was like, there's nothing to talk about. He's fine. She was lunchbox got sucked into the Taylor Barr that Taylor bought, and he dot a horrible death. I hung up the phone. Immediately hung up the phone, told the boys didn't care. Boys did not care. You think our Titans team is tight, We're not because those boys weren't weren't with me when I lost the most special thing in my entire life, that fish. Do you know what I'm saying? That was back when you didn't have as many of the friends. He didn't have a lot of friends back then. I guess it's heartbreak, Hotel. I don't have a lot of friends until you were here. And you were here. Now I got friends. Got to that Poe up. So anyway, the lunchboxes, all his stuff is still in the It's a good little he was a song. Guess you handled himself very well.
Speaker 1: You have to tell him cuche a lot on the one, the one.
Speaker 3: German.
Speaker 4: Yeah, listen.
Speaker 1: If you're over twenty one and dip tobacco, this ad is for you, Black Buffalo. You're probably wondering what is black Buffalo. It's everything you love about dipping, including the pharmaceutical grade nicotine, just without the actual tobacco leaf for stem. It's dip literally made of edible green leaves. You might wonder what the hell does that mean If it's made of edible green leaves. The base leaves are an edible green leaf that is found and available in every grocery store. So that's what I mean by edible green leaves. It's a very simple list of ingredients. So edible green leaves, simple list of ingredients. That is an obvious fucking switch from tobacco to this better alternative, without compromising, without all that fun stuff. Probably wonder who uses it? Guys and gals throughout the Barstol network. You heard me right, guys and gals. Shout out the girls too. No free shoutouts at the Barsol network have made the switch to Black Buffalo. Minor major league ball players. You know, baseball players. They love to chew. They love they do like they like to do a lot of other things too, but we won't even get into that. But they've made the switch switch to Black Buffalo as well as well as you know. I've seen it all around the locker room guys, you know, switching to better alternatives because guys love to dip and keep theirself awake during meetings. So it's a better alternative all around. Everybody's winning. Black Buffalo actively supports the military community, which is huge because America many dip during service and have switched to Black Buffalo as a tobacco alternative to keep the ritual and ditch the tobacco. Black Buffalo sells exclusively on their website, Black Buffalo dot Com to the US and the and the boys and girls of North Canada. Shout out Canada, no free shoutouts US is better. Use promo code busting that's b U S S I n AT checkout for twenty percent off your first order on Black Buffalo dot Com. Again, keep the ritual, ditch the tobacco with Black Buffalo.
Speaker 4: Warning, this product contains nicotine. Nicotine is an addictive chemical. I have to say that the.
Speaker 1: Boys a Black Buffalo started. Obviously, the boys were dippers who wanted to keep the We wanted to keep everything about dipping right, but ditched the tobacco. They tried everything, They continued then persevere through the research development process until they resulted in a in a perfectly fine product like Black Buffalo. I personally don't dip, but I took. I did the Fab five pack because they do a lot of different things they have. They're available in either two or five packs, so you can try out the big three pack. Want one of each straight mint, wintergreen long cut for fifteen dollars or the Fab five pack what I sent my dad, which is straight mint, winter green, Peach and blood orange long cut for twenty five bucks. It's free shipping in the US, so it's it's great again. It's a win win for everybody. We're getting better. Called my dad, Hey Dad, what'd you think of the product?
Speaker 2: I like it?
Speaker 4: All right? You got anything else for me? Because I have to do.
Speaker 1: An ad and I need experience from a you know, lifelong tobacco chot like yourself. Yeah, I mean, you know, I've only had it a couple of times, but you know, I like it. I think you know I can do this, Like, all right, fucking great story, Dad. But Black Buffalo dot Com again. Use co busting b U s s I in at checkout for twenty percent off your first order Black Buffalo dot Com book it. Oh yeah, we're trying to play spike ball. You ever played spike ball?
Speaker 2: Do you really?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: We get a game in right after this.
Speaker 4: On the bus in here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just put it down and break everything and get needed. Taylor's boys are in town. It is painfully hot outside, so fucking hot, it's like millige a line. And Taylor's got this dog outside Haggard, God, bless his soul, his heart, he's alive, and he would just tell him the cushie all the time, like he never like, we're hitting a ball around, So he'd be laying there and see the ball, and eventually he'd want to, like get up because it's hot as ship outside and Taylor right when he get out, No, no, cuche, cuche get over here, Cuchet, stop the game. Well, we'd have to stop the game and just watch Taylor try and discipline this dog. Cuchet, good boy, good boy, big all right, boys, we played two more points. You get hagar hey, cuche, cuche. Yeah, doesn't pay in the ask like man just wanted to play.
Speaker 3: You wanted to play.
Speaker 1: I let him go in the air condition condition. It's like, no, no, we gotta him outside, cuchet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Taylor was doing something. I forget what she was doing, but I don't want her because Hacker was a handful. Bro's trying to help the crew.
Speaker 1: We were setting up for your birthday party, right because I brought the cake. Had to be something because I went and ran in there and got that cake.
Speaker 2: It was like two three days before camp started. So yeah, for those of your one of my birthdays, July twenty second, that's an any one twenty years old, super fucking young. Was this about? Is this your favorite dog you've ever had in your entire life?
Speaker 4: No, the answer is no, good, She's pretty good. How many dogs have you had?
Speaker 3: I've had two, had too two others are too total.
Speaker 5: This is a third. But this is this is me and my wife's dogs. So this is like our favorite, like our.
Speaker 2: Dogs loves you.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm kind of jealous. I wish I just had a dog with made a chill right now. I want to get a chihuaba.
Speaker 3: Got her man, she was just all like he.
Speaker 4: Keep that mouth close that mic when we.
Speaker 5: Got him, man, we got her man, she was all like backbones and rib bone sticking out, you know. Yeah, would Bailey come out to me and she's she's gotten really really comfortable with us, and we're stuck.
Speaker 3: We're stuck to have her man. I'm glad my wife surprised me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no doubt.
Speaker 5: And it was good for her in training camp because training camp is hard for hard for the for the girls. You know, like you go in the off season with them and then boom, instantly you're back in football mode.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's tough to just like.
Speaker 2: It's like cold turkey too, it's like quitting smoking right away. Yeah, well I guess in January six months.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, see brutal.
Speaker 5: That was cool for her to be around the season, how junior wife, dude, we.
Speaker 2: Met in middle school, no way, yeah, the whole time.
Speaker 3: No, No, we never dated until until after college.
Speaker 4: Play cat Mouth.
Speaker 2: She had to make sure you made it first.
Speaker 5: We were always like dating each other's friends, you know, just like never like really worked worked out, but it was there was always something cool there and then we got reconnected after college when I was when I was kind of going through my stuff and.
Speaker 4: Uh, which I can't wait to dive into.
Speaker 5: And it and it just it just worked. Man, It was just it was it was meant to be. You know, everything happens for a reason. I believe that. And so yeah, we're married. We got married April fifth, last year, coming up on one year really and uh yeah, I'm pretty stoked on.
Speaker 2: Never got that fucking that's crazy and never got that that's wild. Whatever. We had a great time in Vegas. I can't believe it we did.
Speaker 5: That was an epic trip, dude. That was like I was back like in college with the boys, like.
Speaker 3: Day drinking every day, they drinking King's Cup, playing the games.
Speaker 2: Dude, the Kings the best part of the whole deal.
Speaker 5: Yeah, except now we like have a little money to gamble and throw on the dice. Before you had none of that.
Speaker 2: Quiz and I were like our own two hype men. Really like, oh dude, when Dennis would roll the dice, we put in like the don't pass line, so as we're betting against Dennis, he literally every time Dennis rolled to get seven first first and you win and then he hit a number and then he's like, nope, we're going to the don't pass line. And two rolls later and again, yeah, he's brutally bad.
Speaker 5: He had a rough weekend rolling. And he would be the first to tell you that too. I was that was bad. He just ended up being just skipped me because.
Speaker 2: Here we actually talking in passing.
Speaker 4: How much did you guys have in the fine system to go?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: Is that what you guys did?
Speaker 4: Six thousand?
Speaker 2: But like usually guys using the clubs and stuff like that. I think you went to the club the first night. I went to the first night, and then I didn't. I didn't even go to the club once. Then we didn't go. We went saw Ron White.
Speaker 4: Yo, he's abuted, isn't he?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's he. Here's the deal. We were under the weather. I guess over the weather. I don't know what we were. I guess banged up at that point. Banged up. Yeah, we were banged up, dude. And so we get there, we're fired up. We're like, we get these giant Penu Colada. We buy. He has a he has a tequila company number. Wan no free shoutouts for Ron White, but number Juan Tequila, and we get these giant pina coladas. I gotta I got a penny. Call you got a Mark? I did, Yeah, you get a mark. Dennis got a mark. Jack got a pina. And we're sitting there and we're all kind of excited and then kind of like halfway through, like we're, you know, head picking our way through South America. Dude honestly falling asleep as he's going.
Speaker 1: He's in the middle of his once.
Speaker 2: And I thought he's funny. He is funny. Lot of jokes, a lot of pussy jokes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, lot of weird, a lot of weird like sexual jokes, a.
Speaker 5: Weird sexual jokes. Yeah, I'm like, all right, R When he was about dude, yeah tequila.
Speaker 2: Now, when he was talking about like how he eats pussy, but he's like, uh, his buddies won't even eat their wives out unless they shower first. And he's like, I do it right after a workout. Hees, I like it a little salty. He's good pausing too. Yeah, drink, yeah, you know, I like a little salty. Keeping the salt sugar by the night stand.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then the summertime, remember in the night and during the summer time there just in case when she's not looking a little lime, a little salt, Ye stay in munchtown did all. His last bit was funny too.
Speaker 4: What did you guys have to go through? What would happen for you guys have to pay a fine? Like?
Speaker 1: What was your guys' rules for paying fines?
Speaker 4: Getting mentioned?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Being mentioned? The team meetings is big.
Speaker 5: Anything that kind of like separates you from the group or like effects the group, like farting and meetings.
Speaker 3: That's that's twenty bones.
Speaker 4: What was the highest fine penalty?
Speaker 3: Captain?
Speaker 2: Probably captain's five grades five.
Speaker 4: Also if you get captain of the team, if you're considered.
Speaker 3: For the week, Yeah, oh for the week.
Speaker 2: So do you have to pay you No, it's like it's two fifty a game, and I think it totals up to around whatever six thousand dollars, So whatever that is, probably it's not even close. You mean, it's not even fucking close.
Speaker 5: We were like super regimented in it. It's kind of like a lump sum every quarter, so we so we stay up on.
Speaker 2: It's I think we're at the mercy of bed. Really, we really are at the mercy. Then keeps track of everything based that day.
Speaker 5: He like flips open a piece of paper like he's been tracking it down, tacking twelve hundred, two hundred five hundred, and we're like, all right, I guess that's what we are. Man, sounds sounds legit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, dude, He'll just hit people with the random numbers all the time.
Speaker 1: Any might not go to the Old Line Vegas trip.
Speaker 3: We had a couple a couple of dropouts. Unfortunately it was well well Tany Danny and Derek Derek a the Pro Bowl.
Speaker 5: So yeah, so they weren't coming. Uh KP KP couldn't go.
Speaker 2: KP bailed.
Speaker 3: Other than that, we had a solid group. Was we were light. We had eight eight and DM solid crew.
Speaker 2: Man do we had a solid crew. We we had a solid Old Line crew. Because like it's kind of like an unspoken thing like when you leave a team, you get out of the group chat.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like an unspoken rule.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you kind of just like you play your time and the longest you should have wait as proably like the beginning of the new season, boy appreciate everything, thanks for everything show, and so left the group. He was like hyping us up going into the playoffs. You know you boys got this like all that ship, but it wasn't just cute like Stinny Aaron Stinney who's at Tampa now, Corey Levin who was at Denver and then went Chicago and then cross.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh he just had a kid, Yeah, a little boy. Do you congrats? He said, cold balls and no no uh no doggy style either, which apparently is like, apparently that's the way to have a boy is you got to keep your balls warm and you gotta go dogging style. But he defied all odds. Fuck man, good for him, good for him, good for the boy. It's all good talents preaduer right now, I've said that four times already in this podcast. But like I want a boy, thank you, Whaling, Whaling danger l one. Yeah, if I have a boy, if it's a boy, if it's a girl, it's gonna be a Willow. As of right now, I could change to any point. Oh girls, Willow, Yeah girls, Willow girl? You like Willow? Will Ship?
Speaker 4: What do you mean? Oh ship? Like, how did you together?
Speaker 2: I gotta rebrainstorm that name. Oh fuck, but yeah ship. I'm stoked. I'm fired up. It's gonna be cool gig having too though, Man, it's a lot of work. You got it, no question, no question, no quesh, baby, I think I mean my daughter now, she's a psycho, dude. She's awesome though. She's got my personality one hundred miles an hour until she goes to bed and then she falls asleep faster than anybody.
Speaker 4: The bean, the Bean's rat. The bean is rat.
Speaker 2: You know, Will babysit the bean. We're kind of getting baby.
Speaker 1: Diving in, but uh yeah, we Charle and I we baby sat the Bean for the first time.
Speaker 4: Taylor, God bless them. They allowed us to watch.
Speaker 1: Last Week Week which night, and they like joked, they said, uh, what if we dropped Win off at Will's house?
Speaker 4: And I was like do it? I was like, yeah, crush it. And I was trying to explain to them, you know.
Speaker 1: I took out like my s a full elevator pitch to him, gotcha, told him how it'd be great, this and that, and then Taylor's like, is Charli.
Speaker 4: Going to be home?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, more importantly, and then.
Speaker 1: That's when we left. I was like, I'm sure she is. I had to get out my phone and text.
Speaker 4: I was like, see she's home.
Speaker 1: So She's like all, okay, we might trust you now.
Speaker 2: We like got everything together real quick and boogie out of there.
Speaker 1: No, no, we played fetch dude, we did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he sent us a video we'll have this ball and he throw it across the hallway and when would chase after it come back with it in her mouth? Kids are awesome.
Speaker 1: But yeah, they had a nice little date night. Get a little date night. Boy came in clutch for him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was a solid gig. She was not still to go to Will's house on the way there. On the way back though, she was like Will's house, Will's house.
Speaker 1: It's like no moment, dads, some blues clues. She's like the house too, dude, She's like gir old daddy. I was like, hey, puffs, give me the puffs back.
Speaker 2: Everything. She's tall, she's like tall like some four year olds be a little freak lover.
Speaker 3: That's awesome, man.
Speaker 2: I kind of like how she's different. She's awesome. She had this such curly hair too.
Speaker 3: You're going to be in for it with two I know.
Speaker 2: I'm just honestly like, you have you have the energy for it.
Speaker 3: You have the energy for like a bunch of.
Speaker 2: Kids, Like part of part of me wants like ten kids, and the other part of me is like, damn, like too solid. I could go either way, honestly, ten.
Speaker 4: And two those are the two that's pretty extreme. You know, like ten kids, but hey, too solid, too solid? Like in the middle, do you think.
Speaker 2: Like, dude, when kids are young, they're handfuls, but like you got to think like when they're fifteen, eighteen, twenty, whatever, they're all coming home for Christmas having a blast.
Speaker 3: It's cool. It's cool.
Speaker 5: My mom's one of eight. Yeah, that's one of three, and everybody who lives in San Diego. So like growing up huge family, no matter what happened, you know, first of the Communion Championship, like the stands were packed.
Speaker 3: All of our family was there.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 3: It was really cool growing up in like huge family like that.
Speaker 2: I got that would be really cool. I literally had like my immediate family, and then that was kind of it. Really yeah, Like I had like my grandparents when we really talked to them, had some weird cousins up in California. Shout outs to the weird cousins. Don't for shoutouts, but I don't really talk to them. Like I stopped like telling them when I was like eleven, I don't know anybody. I know anybody in my immediate family really, so I think it'd be cool because Taln's got a big family, so that'd be cool to have everybody around Christmas, Holidays, all that stuff.
Speaker 3: It was always it was always a party, like no matter what happened, you know what I mean, it was like.
Speaker 5: Good everybody to everybody. Everybody, everybody's cousins, competitives, uncles, Me and.
Speaker 3: My brothers were competitive. Everybody else was just kind of kind of stuck to be around California.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, do they all want to know?
Speaker 3: But all o, we are San Diego, Miss Mission Beach, Claremont. Very cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's awesome. And would you would you went to San Jose State Santa the State Spartans Jesus there?
Speaker 4: Did you go on scholarship?
Speaker 3: I walked on Yeah when I got there, No way. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now, so we all know how VPN protect your privacy and security online.
Speaker 3: Correct.
Speaker 4: I did not know this until recently, and it's.
Speaker 1: Taken my TV watching, game and Netflix experience to the next level because I pretty much only use Netflix. You can use VPN to unlock movies and shows that are available in other countries. Example, over the weekend, I use EXPRESSVN to binge Doctor Who on UK Netflix with Chorro.
Speaker 4: It was simple.
Speaker 1: I just fired up Express VPN, the Express VPN app, changed my location to UK Refreshment Netflix, and it's fucking it's right there. It's popped up right there, Express VPN hydro ip address and let you control where you want sites to think you're located. You can choose from almost one hundred different countries. So just think about all the Netflix libraries you can go through.
Speaker 4: If you're a single.
Speaker 1: Boy out there, shout out the boys and say you're having you know, Asian chick come over. You can use ExpressVPN the access you know, Asian Netflix, whatever is out there on the Asian Netflix stuff. You got some from Europe, you know, you can use Express Vienna access to European Netflix, the UK all that fun stuff that I just said. You love anime, use Express VN to access Japanese Netflix and be spirited away.
Speaker 4: But it's not just Netflix.
Speaker 1: Express VPN also works with any streaming service, Hulu, BBCi, player, YouTube, you name it. It's out there. There are hundreds of VPNs out there. But the reason I use Express VN to watch shows is because it's ridiculously fast. It's ridiculously fast, almost stumble over my word there, my bad. There's no buffering in your lag. You can stream an HD no problem like this.
Speaker 4: It's legit.
Speaker 1: There's no there's no sitting there and then after like several seconds it has to pause and it'sists there and does a little bullshit ash ring where it's like loading to load it up. It's none of that shit. There's no buffer lag. It's fast as hell. You can you can count on that shit. Express VPN is also compatible with all your devices, phones and media consoles, smart TVs, all of it. So you can watch way you want on the go or on the big screen wherever you are. If you visit if you visit the special link right now Express vpn dot com slash busting b U S S I N, you can get an extra three month. You can get an extra three months of Express VPN for free.
Speaker 4: Support the show, watch what you.
Speaker 1: Want and protect yourself at Express vpn dot com slash bussing.
Speaker 4: Now back to the pod.
Speaker 2: So you walked down your field walk.
Speaker 5: Donalds like a two hundred and thirty pounds walk on like tight end. Yeah, and tell me one days like you're gonna be a tackle for us? You're way too slow, buddy, And I'm like, no shit, all right, man?
Speaker 1: So I just were you psyched to be an offensive player though not not in alignment, but I'm saying we did that kind of shadowy your dreams, Like damn, I kind of want to play tight end and catch the football.
Speaker 2: Uh you snipped that one of the areas. I didn't.
Speaker 5: I didn't, Yeah, I know, right, I should have should have stuck with it.
Speaker 3: No, I just I didn't give a ship. Man.
Speaker 5: I wanted to play like no matter what. Like coaches like, hey, wants you to be a tackle, I'm like, let's charge it.
Speaker 2: Just whatever you can do?
Speaker 3: Yeah, whatever I do. I mean I was a walking on what am my?
Speaker 2: What are gonna say? No? And then coach is.
Speaker 5: Talking to me, knows my name, wants me to do something like I'm in you know, let's do it, and I charged it.
Speaker 2: So you got drafted the Houston Texans after that. So you you graduated, you went high school in two and eight, Yeah, I graduated, went year before. Yeah, and then you graduated yeah, yeah, graduate thirteen, got drafted by the Texans.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what round one? Seventy six? Overall one?
Speaker 2: Seven round?
Speaker 4: Is that six round?
Speaker 3: It's better than you?
Speaker 4: It is better.
Speaker 2: It's what's seventy six? Like you're like, like, what does that even mean?
Speaker 3: I don't know why I remember that. I remember that number.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, you always remember the number you were drafted or not drafted?
Speaker 3: Was there?
Speaker 1: What? When did you When did you realize you had a shout to play in the NFL if you were two thirty pounds the starter?
Speaker 5: Yeah, when I started, like a couple of years later. Yeah, I started off playing good. Yeah, put on like seventy pounds. Just crush the weight so.
Speaker 4: You're pounds as a senior, just destroy them.
Speaker 5: Yeah basically, Yeah, a three year starter got drafted Texans and I got down there and they're like, all right, man, you're you're pretty solid, you're pretty good, and they were stoked on me.
Speaker 3: Good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I remember made the team, did all that. Going into Chargers week, my whole family was there. Everybody had bought all the tickets before the practice, Like Kulbe had calls me in, hey, man, get ready to go, you know, ten twelve snaps whatever and what we char week?
Speaker 2: One week one, okay, because they at the Houston. They would cycle in and out dudes.
Speaker 5: Right, yeah, well I was young, you know, Wade Smith was was coming off of like a like an injury, like.
Speaker 3: You're ready to go Waite.
Speaker 4: Smith was tacking.
Speaker 3: He was a guard. He was a guard in front of me. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I came down. They moved a guard. I was playing good. I was with Ben. We were rotating a little bit in the preseason.
Speaker 3: And uh, I'm like.
Speaker 5: Oh, this is this is for real, Like it's about to go down. Telling my family like, hey, get your tickets, obody buy their tickets playing Boom will go out to practice. My fucking stepped on break my foot, Boom. I are for the rest of the year, Like oh.
Speaker 4: Well, whatever.
Speaker 2: Was that's this? That's the little out outside. Those are super easy to break, aren't they easy to break?
Speaker 3: Kind of easy to fix, Like it wasn't like a crazy.
Speaker 1: Crazy yeah nine weeks right, yeah, like I could have could have come back, but they're like, dude, you're a rookie Boom.
Speaker 3: I are like, damn, yeah.
Speaker 2: That's still cool. If I Houston to do that though, because usually like get back, exchange you can whatever, Like yeah, it's kind of how the NFL is like if you're not you're not playing, you're not worth it to us. Yeah, and they're like, hey, hey, take the season, dude. You gotta do which is I'm sure godsend like like the long term is good for you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I would always like to come back, yeah and play.
Speaker 1: It hurts, Yeah, I didn't mind. It was literally in a jog through and I broke on the stick around. Literally I thought someone took a shotgun to my foot.
Speaker 3: Dude.
Speaker 1: I just started limping around, yeah, because I just I didn't do it. I just did it kind of like mechanically. Nobody stepped on me or anything, and I was like, what the fuck? And I tried like taping it up and going back, and obviously you just started limping like you're like something's wrong. And this is the day two days before we play on Saturday. And then so I'm out for like nine weeks. And that's when Levonte David started. He was brand new, hes a Juco guy. That's when he started his first game. He had like thirteen tackles in the first.
Speaker 4: Game and I was kind of like, oh shit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then when I came back, it's kind of like, hey, we're happy to have you back, but you know he's not there anymore. The job's gone. Davis took your job. Oh yeah, Jesus.
Speaker 4: We ran like a one we ran we played dying most of the time.
Speaker 1: We ran one linebacker, so we would actually have a dB come in because the spread stuff. Yeah twelve, So Levante is our lone backer, dude, And that's when the legend of Levonte fucking and so everybody's like, oh, this dude is legit.
Speaker 4: And then yeah, next year, that's when you guys saw him.
Speaker 2: Huge, had like twenty seven tackles. Twenty seven tackles in the Breast Commission game. Yeah, but who you gotta do, man.
Speaker 1: That's what happened. It blew my foot and it just like you just.
Speaker 2: Break hit your head.
Speaker 4: Okay, And that's week one that this.
Speaker 5: Has one dude, dude, My family had already bought tickets. They were all like this tailgate was set up, and like, man, just did.
Speaker 1: You feel making the team when you first started training camp.
Speaker 3: I had a good feeling, you know, I just kind of kind.
Speaker 4: Of moved you up in the charts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you know.
Speaker 5: You can kind of tell when things are going good and yeah, when things are kind of going bad, I felt like I was getting more reps. I was I was playing well and should happens, you know, it's a bummer. So then boom Brookie year done. It was a rough year, rough year in Houston. Yea, we were like one of the first two and then lost the rest of them. Yeah koop, yeah got fired.
Speaker 2: Yeah two years of two and fourteen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, been a part of this.
Speaker 4: I've never been a part of it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this sucks. And then boom, ye're done. We we lost them all gets fired. Bill O'Brien comes in. I'm like, what was the year two coming off? I got a lot to prove and uh m hm show up to the workouts. Everything's going good. There have been some roster guys. Bill calls me into his office. He's like, dude, we we really like, we really like you, like what you do. We saw with you in the preseason. You know, we we expect big things.
Speaker 3: Out of you.
Speaker 5: Who's hell Yeah he was Bill's you know, he was running the show on offense. I still think he does a lot and uh m hmm. Then in the middle of like workouts and coming into O t A's do I started feeling like something was up year two. You're going to year two? Yeah, coming off coming off whatever it is for six months later and uh, dude, I just started feeling like tired and what the fuck.
Speaker 3: Is going on? Man?
Speaker 5: Like I wasn't hitting my numbers that I'm usually at, like in that process like when you start jumping up and uh, I'm like, man, something so And then I got it, like started getting like a cough, and I couldn't figure out what the hell was going on?
Speaker 2: Were you were you super alarmed or was it kind of like no?
Speaker 5: I was deal, man, I'm coming off ir Like I hadn't played football in a while. I hadn't, you know, put in work like this on the field doing all this stuff, and I must.
Speaker 3: Just be like fatigued, like getting back into the swing of things. This is fine.
Speaker 5: Then I got the cough that wouldn't go away. I was like, man, this is this is weird. It's not something you know what I mean. I was super I never felt like this before, like tired coughing. And then I started getting nice sweats and they were like really like bad night sweats, like the whole like my sheets would be completely soaked, really I'm like, it's something, something's weird. But I just kept kind of like grinding through. Went on for a few weeks and then finally we're out in O.
Speaker 3: T A's.
Speaker 5: And I was like, man, it was right after Ben Jones's wedding and came back, so I'm like, man, I hungover, what's the deal?
Speaker 3: And I couldn't breathe. Man, I had a terrible cough.
Speaker 4: The cough just slowly got worse, slowly.
Speaker 5: Got worse, like it just felt like it was it was fluid or something in there, Like I knew something was off, like you were coughing really deep, but nothing was coming out. And uh, I'm like this, that's this is weird. It's like nothing I ever I ever felt before. And I basically passed out out there. The trainers like what the fuck is going on with you?
Speaker 2: Like you're out in the field in Houston in the heat doing.
Speaker 5: All this stuff, and O t As and the trainers like, yeah, something's up.
Speaker 3: We're going to send you to the team.
Speaker 1: Doctor and you and you just passed out in the field.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: I didn't pass out, but I felt like I was going through.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're lightheaded, you're lad seeing the lights and everything.
Speaker 3: I was like, man, this is this is brutal, Like something is up in the trainer. Agree.
Speaker 5: And so I went to see doctor Mountz who's a team doctor, and uh, he took a listen to my my chest and he's like, you need to go to the emergency room right now, get an X ray.
Speaker 3: It's weird.
Speaker 2: He's like, was it like a like an alarming No, He's.
Speaker 5: Like, hey, this is this is ah can be one of a few things can be like an infection on your lungs. It can be you know, broncatas can be like oh, he kind of listed a bunch of things he didn't say. He didn't say cancer, but you know, I think he knew kind of instantly. He's like you need to go down to the emergency room right now and get an X ray. And so like that's weird, got an X ray, packed my stuff up like I was gonna leave, and then another doctor comes in and he's like.
Speaker 3: Hey, you you can't leave right now. You need to go to the emergency room.
Speaker 5: We have to run a couple of other tests, and I'm like, what.
Speaker 3: The hell is going on?
Speaker 2: To get like stressed stressed out?
Speaker 5: And then X ray led to a MRI, which led to a PET scan, which led to, uh, what's a pet scan? It basically scans your body for cancer, basically cancerselves, and then eventually a biopsy and eventually a diagnosis.
Speaker 1: So were you.
Speaker 4: Wondering before you're doing this stuff, You're like, do I have cancer?
Speaker 3: No? I didn't cross my mind.
Speaker 1: None of it crossed your mind. All you're just kind of listening to them wondering, like what the fuck's going on?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I thought it was like an infection or something.
Speaker 5: I think of work twenty three years old, Like I'm you know, I'm like, I'm proathletic.
Speaker 3: This don't happen, right, what happened to us?
Speaker 5: And uh so that was the last thing that crossed my mind until they said what a PET scan was.
Speaker 4: And then I was like shit putting stuff together?
Speaker 5: Yeah, like a lot, none, none of it adds up. Ship it might it might be, yeah, you know, And uh eventually I did get diagnosed with non Hoskins t SELL and then phoblastic lymphoma.
Speaker 2: And how long between that scan all those tests was his days at a time that that was all that one day one day, So you go from having a cough you're you're at practice, have a cough tele trainer to listen. I'm fucked up. I feel like I'm gonna throw up. I feel like I'm going to pass.
Speaker 3: Out next day.
Speaker 2: And he checks your lungs X ray and he says, get out of here, go see the doctor. Doctor says, diagnosis in no way.
Speaker 1: Who was your first phone call? Oh to my parents right when you got out, right when you left to you weren't with your wife at the time.
Speaker 3: Yet, No, I wasn't with my wife. I don't think I called anybody for for for a while after.
Speaker 2: Go back, go back real quick. So all these tests are done, You're sitting in this waiting room. I'm assuming you're laying down on this bed and the doctor comes in with like an intern or something like that.
Speaker 3: There was ten doctors.
Speaker 2: Ten doctors, and they walked into the room.
Speaker 3: What do they say to you?
Speaker 2: Like, how do they tell you that everything's different now?
Speaker 5: They're like, hey, we have the results. They were basically they were very, very black and white. They weren't like easing into it, like we got the results. Our diagnosis is you have no hotschings, tea selling basket and foma. It's a very rare and a very aggressive form of cancer or suggestions that you start chemotherapy treatments immediately.
Speaker 4: What's your reaction?
Speaker 5: And I had kind of like gathered like this was a this was a pretty good possibility. So I was still I was still like, no fucking way, Like it hadn't hit you for like, no fucking way, this is happening to me, Like like no way, you know whatever a good you know, went out and drank a little bit and but didn't like it wasn't do anything crazy, you know, and like smoke a pack of cigarettes a day or nothing, all the things that you like grow like regular professional athletes life, you know me well and did all that. I'm like in no way And uh they said that. I think I just sat there for a while and thought, I'm like, man, I was just at practice.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: Now what time is it during the day. Yeah, this is in the afternoon, so it's late late afternoon as the dark.
Speaker 3: I got the tests in the morning. No, it was. It wasn't like in the summer, so damn.
Speaker 4: So then you die You're just trying to digest it on.
Speaker 5: Then all and then and then the then cap comes back in person because he got he got the news from doctor Monts who was over there, and he came back in person whose Cap is a trainer for the Texans. Okay, yeah, so Cap came back and.
Speaker 4: You're like, so sorry, Like, is that when it started to hit you?
Speaker 5: And that's when I started to hit me, Like this is the head trainer for the Houston Texans telling me. You're like, you're sorry that I got diagnosed with cancer? Like that's super heavy getting told anybody?
Speaker 4: It was pretty emotional.
Speaker 5: No, yeah, like no I haven't. He's like, all right, let's call your parents. And I called my parents and.
Speaker 4: Were you able to tell them? Were you able to get it out?
Speaker 3: M It was.
Speaker 5: It was pretty I was pretty emotional. Yeah, that's how my parents sat because they were on a vacation in Europe, and it was that's a tough convert. That's a tough conversation because you know, like you're about to cause them pain, you know what I mean, Like you know like you're gonna drop something super heavy and emotional on them, and you know you almost feel like guilty a little bit, like man, this this is gonna this is gonna really mess them up, and it's gonna be really hard on my family.
Speaker 2: And uh, it's a really selfless mindset to have. Like a lot of people would sit there and be like, man, poor me, poor this for that, But like when something like that happens to people, it's not just one person that's affected, it's everybody that they love.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So so I told them, and.
Speaker 5: So you know, I was going across the street to M. D Anderson to uh start start chemotherapy man as a as a cancer patient over there.
Speaker 3: No ship.
Speaker 4: And this is still during the spring summertime.
Speaker 3: This is the next day, next day. I mean that that afternoon after they told me.
Speaker 2: So you okay, so you're I'm just recapping everything because this is like like this is less than twenty four hours, so you.
Speaker 3: Go, yeah, maybe thirty six hours. It was quick, man, it was really quick.
Speaker 2: So you go, you're a practice.
Speaker 3: First, I went to the.
Speaker 5: Sperm banking and did it because they said there's like a low chance that it could affect your fertility. So I went to the sperm bank in Houston, did that first, and then.
Speaker 3: Thanked it, spanked, spanked it real quick. How your head your bed? If anything? Want to I want to be for.
Speaker 4: Sure, Hey, can I get a hand. I'm kind of in a low spot. I got a situation.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I can do that.
Speaker 3: I got a situation right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, really hard.
Speaker 3: That was definitely super emotion.
Speaker 1: These magazines you out people magazines.
Speaker 3: Are like, do you want any of this material? And they had like a whole like category, like whole.
Speaker 2: Freaking VHS said nothing, I'm good.
Speaker 3: That was That was experience, and then after that it was back to MD Anderson. I can start chemo. Yeah it was.
Speaker 5: It was pretty nearly but I got over to MD Anderson and I MD Anderson is one of like the top the top cancer hospitals in the in the country, and uh. I got over there and they're like, this is this is really serious. It is a very rare and I meet with moncologists and he's like, you know, I've done this before, but it's very rare and very aggressive. The thing about that is we have a trial chemotherapy that has been getting really good results and it's not available you know, anywhere else anywhere else available right here we we developed and we getting really good results in them. Sitting there thinking, I'm like, man, that's that's really weird that that's here, you know, what I mean, like around the world, Like I'm in Houston, yeah, and they have a they have a trick for me, And of course I'm like, yeah, you know what, like I'm all in on this, like that's everything I can. Like I'm putting all my trust into you guys. You guys, you guys are the best. Like we're we're gonna fight this thing with everything I got.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and uh and then the next day.
Speaker 5: I'm still processing it. I'm still you know, everybody had come to kind of kind of seeing me. Ben Jones came was like that first night it was Ben and JJ and h Cody and everybody came in and we kind of like had a meal. We didn't like even really talk that much. We're just kind of sat there and sat and ate and just you know, tried to be tried to be guys like just hanging out, you know, shooting the ship. But I was like, man, this is I don't know what. I don't know what to say, like it'll be fine, Like I don't know, like maybe I won't be or and they're like, hey, man, we feel for you, but we don't know how to you know.
Speaker 3: It was like a real awkward thing. But everybody.
Speaker 5: Everybody had come by and said it. And then a couple of days into it, actually the owner of the Texans, Bob mcnahir, came in because I didn't know, but he was getting cancer treatment there too as well, and.
Speaker 2: No one knew.
Speaker 5: Was this like a secret thing in the beginning, it was, it was, it was secret and uh. But then he kind of came out publicly and said, hey, I am fighting it. Uh. And so he comes into the room and he's like, hey, Quiz. Everybody called me Quiz, and Houston kind of like yeah here in Nashalley was hey, Quiz, I'm really sorry to hear about your diagnosis. I'm really sorry to hear about all this. Uh.
Speaker 3: I've been praying on this a lot.
Speaker 5: And the Texans are gonna They're gonna back you through this fight, man, as long as it takes whatever it takes.
Speaker 3: You know, we you have our support. You're gonna beat this.
Speaker 5: Thing, and you're gonna come back and you're gonna you're gonna play for us in that Texan uniform.
Speaker 3: And I can't wait to see it.
Speaker 5: I was just like, oh my god, Like this guy knows my name, like his only team, Like, yeah, I was a six round draft pick on ir the year before, Like and now he's saying, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Like I couldn't.
Speaker 3: I couldn't hardly believe it.
Speaker 5: And so, you know, make God rest the soul he passed away last last season obviously, but you know that that was one of the one of the beautiful moments, like me coming back and playing for the Texans in twenty seventeen. He got to see those those two games and very cool. Yeah, he came up to me and he's like, lots of prayers answer today, Man, this is what we were going for. That was a special moment to be able to share that, share that with him and kind of like have those things come true, you know, prayer, prayers, prayers come true.
Speaker 3: That that's a special that's a special thing, no doubt.
Speaker 2: That's so that's got to be an unbelievable experience. And so you were draft in thirteen, diagnosed in fourteen, so you went through that for three years, with.
Speaker 3: That for three years, and then came back and you went through chemo and all that for three years. Three years.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what now what I went through like an intensive part of chemo for about ten eleven months, like super intensive every twenty one days. I'd go in and I'd stay for a week in the hospital and then they would just dose you were like twenty four hour doses of chemo all that, and I.
Speaker 3: Did radiation for like five six weeks after that.
Speaker 5: And then I won like a maintenance chemo for the next two years basically, which was I would take daily chemo, weekly chemo, and then monthly going to get infusion.
Speaker 2: So this is a super agnorant question, but like what is like what is I know, chemo? Like what like how do you just get an iv you take my pill? Like what do you what does it feel like when you take? Do you actually do you feel awful?
Speaker 3: Yeah? You feel terrible, man, like super bad.
Speaker 1: Really like the intensive chemo, Like what's what's going on during this intense when you're like I'm in there for like week or like the worst parts, dude.
Speaker 3: They had this one chemo they call it the Red Devil, the docs of Rubusen. It was like the last.
Speaker 5: For like the last twenty eight hours of your stay there. You just get this red chemo that freaking pumps for twenty four hours all night, pumps IVY and they like turns your p rell red and your poop.
Speaker 4: That's the that's the like, is really the entire time is dripping.
Speaker 3: Yes and no. I mean like after my first round of chemo, I was like, oh man, this this it s ain't that bad. Like I'm you know, freaking with this thing.
Speaker 5: But then, like everyone you go, uh, it gets harder and harder because your body kind of gets wear down. Like chemo is like we're gonna kill, We're gonna go in there, We're gonna kill as many cancer cells as possible.
Speaker 3: But that comes along the way, is.
Speaker 5: Gonna do this, and then as soon as your body recovers all your your white blood cells and your red blood cells and your platelets, like as soon as they come back to a number, then they hit you again. So it's like a constant battle to get as much chemo in as possible and keep your body, get your body back to a healthy, healthy place. And like that's kind of the race that they do to kill all the cancer cells and then keep you. It's essentially poison, so you know, you're just trying to poison and kill those cells off and maintain the body being alive. And uh so progressively got worse as we went went harder, like after the first round and then use your hair, and then after that, now you have to start getting plate the transfusions and red blood cell transfusions, and uh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was really gnarly.
Speaker 5: Man. I was basically going to MD Anderson every day for like ten months because in between, in between rounds, you got to go back and you got to get certain certain shots to help your immune system, or infusions help your red blood cells or your platelets, and there's just always something. You take a million pills every day, twice a day, and it's brutal.
Speaker 3: It was a lot. Thankfully, my my.
Speaker 5: My mom, she came down to Houston and she kind of moved in with me during that time, and I had some time back back in San Diego, and that's actually where me and Megan got to spend spend a lot of time too. She was working for the Chargers at the time. And when you're going through your stuff in the.
Speaker 3: Hospital, like.
Speaker 5: You can't sleep because they're coming in there and they're poking you or taking your pulse or everything's deep in you know what I mean, it's just terrible. So I told her that she was working for the chargers, and so she would get up super early and just come hang out of the hospital with me while I was going through it, and we would just be talking super early in the morning before she had to get there. And because before I got diagnosed that off season we had we had started hung out a.
Speaker 3: Little bit and talk a little more. That's kind of where we got re kindled.
Speaker 5: And then I went through all this stuff and I went home to UCSD to do that round and that's when she started coming in the morning and were like, I don't know, something brought me back home to do this. I'm not in Houston right now doing it. You're working for the Chargers. Where spending this time as I'm going through. I'm going through, you know, the hardest thing in my life, and you're kind of one of the bright spots of this whole process. I get to hang out with you and it make my day better. And we just started talking more and more, and she was she was definitely an angel through the whole thing, and no doubt, you know, it's one of those things like everything happens for a reason. I was in Houston with mister McNair and I'm from San Diego and where she is.
Speaker 2: Dude, it's gotta just be like, girl, thank you, crazy situation, Like you're definitely it shows in your day to day like who you are as a person, like the energy, your energy and from a day to day basis, like you're always positive. There's never there's never a negative outlook that I've seen from you. But it's also like hearing We've been teammates for eighteen months, yeah, and I've this is the first time I've heard the story, and it's kind of like, shit, how do you ask somebody about this kind of experience.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't make it.
Speaker 5: I don't make it a point to like, yeah, tell it to everybody, but we want to come on and talk about it, like I'm gonna I'm gonna tell you the true story. I'm gonna tell you because it's not just a simple thing. It's super complicated and there's so many people that were helping me along the way that I'm gonna if I'm gonna tell it, I'm gonna tell it.
Speaker 3: Ye who I'm gonna tell.
Speaker 5: I gotta tell the whole thing, you know what I mean. I gotta talk about me meeting my wife in the middle of the hardest thing I've ever done. Or miss McNair who just had my back the whole way, or like being in Houston where it had this clinical trial. You know, I mean, there's too many things that that I think are kind of blessings along the way to believe that, hey, everything happens for a reason, and like, I'm still in it, man, I'm still I'm still doing.
Speaker 3: My thing, no question, I'm still doing my thing. So that was a that was important for me to have Megan during that whole thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what a bond you two must have, Like, yeah, so you just hung out a couple of times and then you call like, man, I got cancer and she's probably Holy Ship, Like what a situation. You guys knew each other's middle school though she.
Speaker 3: Was probably and we knew there was something.
Speaker 5: We knew there was already something there before this happened, and yeah, it just kind of makes you realize, like, dude, I'm not here to waste any time, Like I'm I'm I'm here to live and I'm gonna get as much as i can out this life every day and I'm gonna marry. I'm gonna marry this woman. Let's get married.
Speaker 2: And when did you propose.
Speaker 3: After I finished all my treatments like that next month or whatever.
Speaker 2: Really, yeah, and the text has paid for all your treatments and paid you.
Speaker 5: It was I was on the NiFi list yeah, and uh football illness list, so I wasn't really on the roster or anything. They kind of it's kind of like a they, so they can kind of do whatever they want. They can choose to pay you, choose to not pay you.
Speaker 3: And they did. And I had the health insurance from from when I was active, and they did.
Speaker 5: They helped me navigate that whole, that whole process of insurance and edify and and it was good. They were they were good to be married. I they'll all have a special place, you know, just because that is system mcor such a study.
Speaker 3: It's just a good type organization.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the top organization.
Speaker 1: What would you recall It was the hardest or lowest moment during that entire process, I mean several.
Speaker 3: The hardest thing.
Speaker 5: The hardest thing about it was like mentally because like by the end, by the end of that intensive treatment, you're looking in the mirror and you don't even recognize the person in the mirror.
Speaker 3: Really no hair. I had lost like fifty pounds.
Speaker 4: Like and feeling feeble and weak and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: Like you're feeling like the worst hangover.
Speaker 5: Of your life, like every like food tastes like tenfoil, like you barely got energy to get out of bed some days, like it's it's it is, it was miserable and uh, you know, you hardly recognize that person in the mirror, and you start to think, you're, like, man, am I ever gonna come back and play football again?
Speaker 3: Like, am I how the hell am I going to get back to where I was? Because they put a pick line in you. That's how they do it.
Speaker 5: They don't stick you with an IV every time, because it's insane you're getting IV's all the time. So they put a pickline, which is like a permanent IV and uh that goes straight to a big artery in your heart so that can handle the chemo because these little veins, the chemo will just burn them up, and so like potent and so you.
Speaker 3: Have a pickline.
Speaker 5: But during and when you have a pickline, and you can't lift heavy weights, so the whole time like like lifting weights with the other with the other arms, trying to do it, but you don't want to pop the pick line out of place because you got to go put another one in and just avoid them, avoid the hospital at all costs. And you know, you're feeling weak, feeling hungover, feeling like a cancer patient, and you're like looking at myself in the mirror, like, I don't know how the hell I'm gonna get back to playing. And that was a really hard part for me because that's all that's all I'd ever want to do, you know, is playball, and I feel like it was getting ripped from me and there's nothing I could do about it. Yeah, And so that was hard kind of process. And then just going through the whole thing being like I don't know what's on the other side of this. I don't know what you know, Yeah, twenty three, twenty four, like figuring it out, you know, figuring out what the the heck's going on, and now I got cancer and fighting for my life right now, like it was. That was that was tough to tough to go through. Thankfully, I surrounded by just studs, you know, teammates.
Speaker 1: And how many times you want did you feel like, man if I could just quit, like I just want to fucking.
Speaker 5: No, I don't think I ever felt like I wanted to quit, Like, of course I wanted to like not do it anymore, but I didn't want to like finish early or not not finish my finish the treatments that they had planned for me, because they kind of have a plan, they have it mapped out for you. They tweak it along the way, but you can kind of tell when, yeah, Bluebern gonna get this. So there's like I was going to finish it no matter what and then see what happened after that. But it was not fun going in there every day and yeah, dealing with all that.
Speaker 2: When you do when you do the chemo, how long would the like that feeling you were talking about a feelings so bad? How long would that last until you did the next chemo?
Speaker 3: It would get worse and worse every time, Like you don't get stronger the mark.
Speaker 2: It wasn't like it wasn't like you would do the whatever pickline thing and that would last for an hour and then you'd be like, well, like I kind of feel better now. It wouldn't be anything like that. It'd be like constantly just feel.
Speaker 3: Like constantly feeling man. Yeah, it was brutal, man, It was really brutal.
Speaker 2: That'd be so hard. That's be such a hard thing to process in your head because like.
Speaker 3: Dark, dark, dark, you know, because you can't can't ever sleep. You just feel terribly.
Speaker 5: I gotta get up, you're gonna puke or like something doesn't go right. You know, you're not sleeping, You're feeling terrible. It's just it sucks, man, It really, it just sucked.
Speaker 2: Had to be hard for your mom and your wife.
Speaker 1: That decision, no question or people coming around there they want to give you something you could want to help. You can probably just sense like, yo, don't don't fucking don't feel sorry for me.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: That was another thing too, was it was a very private thing that you're going through, but it was very public in Houston. Yeah, you know, people in Houston, they do know my story, and I think it's important that people in Nashville do too.
Speaker 3: And that's why I'm like, you asked me to come on.
Speaker 2: I'm like, yeah, I've been aches to hear your story for a while. But like how many the breaks that Keith give us, thee breaks, It's just it's tough, it's and it's tough, like when it's a traumatic experience, Like how do you go and talk to somebody about.
Speaker 3: That and like, yeah, matter bring it up in a conversation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, tax you to the bar so.
Speaker 4: Like do you know, hey, you're getting coffee. Yeah, it's like cancer deal.
Speaker 2: And that was pretty I mean we've everybody's mentioned it and talked about it in the locker room and it's like, I mean, Rabel, we talked about this in the weight room one time. I was like, you don't really like people talking about it because I like Rabel or somebody said something and you could I could feel you were like, yeah, I appreciate it, Like, but I feel like there's a part of you that's like I'm done with that piece of my life, Like I just want to be a football player, like I want to go back.
Speaker 5: Like it's a weird dynamic to to try to balance because it is like a respect thing when somebody does and I do appreciate it, like yeah, it's got to be cancer and he's still here and I'm like, yeah, I appreciate that, but it's also like not the first thing I want people to think about when when they talk about me or what I do. And so it's like a it's a weird thing to you know, trying to navigate. But you know, whenever Vrabel does it, I'm not like embarrassed or anything, but no, but then what.
Speaker 3: I meant, but it's when it's a focus.
Speaker 5: Apart from like other good things I'm doing that I'm like, okay, like I appreciate it, but also like kick an ass over here, so like let's let's talk ball. Yeah, but yeah, I'm not I'm not trying to always always talk it. But but if I'm gonna talk it, then it right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no doubt dude, Well that I.
Speaker 1: Mean yeah, I mean you after that, you you come back and play, what was the emotion like when you put the jersey on?
Speaker 4: Actually play again?
Speaker 2: How much old before that?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 2: How much did you weigh? You finished all your treatments everything?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: How much? What were you looking like? What was your feeling like? Like, what was like your mental.
Speaker 3: I don't even know, I could probably figure it out, but dude, terrible.
Speaker 5: Just imagine taking like ten months off and getting poisoned the whole time and then you're still on chemo trying to like come back and work out.
Speaker 3: Like it was brutal, man, it was.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 5: It was so tough. But you know, there's no you just gotta grind away. And the further away from it I get, like, the better I feel, like, the more energy I feel, the more I can the more I can think, the more I can go. It's it's cool to like I don't feel like I'm still recovering, but I feel like I'm still getting healthier, which is which up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: Like it was so traumatic and it was so long, like as an athlete, like you can feel little little changes in your body, like for better or worse, and like I do feel like I'm still getting better from from from my treatment from those three years of chemo. You see me, man, I'm out there every day just dude, full of it. No way, no, yeah, And I'm just like dude, there's only one way to get it, get it back, and that's just just grind.
Speaker 2: Do you feel do you feel like you do you feel that back to normal one hundred percent now?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I feel I feel a hundred percent great now. Yeah. I do feel like the further away from.
Speaker 2: I get, like the better the better next year, ye if that's.
Speaker 3: Percent is growing, Like I feel like, yeah, I'm back like I can and you.
Speaker 2: You said this, to me when we were in I think it was Baltimore because we were talking about N A D Y and IV is. I don't really mess with what I put in my body like that, even like and it is like not proven, but it's like one of the things that used to kill cancer cells.
Speaker 4: It's like.
Speaker 2: It's like the next wave of anti you guys were.
Speaker 5: You guys were all on the N A D trains. I'm like, oh, let's see what it is. But I'm always super hesitant to like.
Speaker 2: Put things in your body anything anything.
Speaker 3: I don't know why. I just I mean, I do know why, but I just don't. I just don't. I just don't like to mess because.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Does it feel like like, are you hesitanting to put like fast food in your body or like pizza or like ship, like that crush pizza in Vegas.
Speaker 5: I don't think that's my cancer just because I don't like to eat like ship. Yeah, athlete, you know fair enough, you know, but uh, we did crush some pizza in Vegas.
Speaker 2: Sometimes the boys that after it. I tell you what, we went in and out Burger and you got that, uh the fries animal style, animal style. But like I knew that, but you said medium, well medium, well medium, well, so like they're extra crispy when you eat them because they got a little sot the sauce or something.
Speaker 1: What's video video right here, I'm trying to load it up.
Speaker 2: The WiFi is not cooperating, but it's uh, it's David ringing the bell after he finished his treatments.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so that was. That was three years after three years after I got a diagonal.
Speaker 5: That was after all that, and if it'll play, he rings the ship out of it, brings the ship out of it, look at him.
Speaker 4: I ended up sizing it out.
Speaker 2: Someone talking to you what they're saying.
Speaker 5: No, you read that, you kind of read the and everybody's trying to FaceTime my brothers and stuff.
Speaker 2: Here, like, let me ring this damn bell.
Speaker 3: Dude, I'm done with this place.
Speaker 5: That's an awesome big day. Everybody flew down for that. I mean, hell, dude, that is I think it wasn't the NFL lineman.
Speaker 2: So you so you finished, you finished, you get engaged.
Speaker 5: Boom, you're married back and then we're back in the we're back doing it. We're back in OTAs and all.
Speaker 4: That, and this is twenty seventeen seventeen.
Speaker 2: So you right back in the mix, right.
Speaker 5: Back in the mix, and uh, hop into it and dude, it that was tough. That was super tough, Like oh that first training camp, like my neck every time I would try to hit somebody, it was just like, you know what.
Speaker 3: I mean, there's you can't you can't mimic that in the weight room. You can't like that.
Speaker 5: You know you're down there, you're trying to block JJ and you're trying. You know, man, I'm I'm I'm a bit rusty, a bit rusty.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was.
Speaker 5: Sloppy, like the tempo like this is is the NFL. You know, this is you gotta you gotta you gotta step your ship up.
Speaker 3: And so they did.
Speaker 5: They put on practice squad. But then I came back and played the end. Had you on practice squad having pad at the end of the year. Uh, And they active with me at the end and so that was fine and I played tight end pretty much.
Speaker 3: That that year.
Speaker 5: And then the yeah, next year, they cut me again. You know, it was a new GM and everything, and they drafted some guys, some free agents. I was literally sitting there.
Speaker 4: So you got cut. They brought you on Peace squad right away, right away from there. By the end of the year, they activated me. They activated yeah, and then the next year you got cut again after training camp.
Speaker 5: After training camp, and then I was just sitting there like pretty bummed, like, oh man, I you know played, I thought I would be part of this again.
Speaker 3: But you know it is like you feel good in the camp, Yeah, I felt I felt really fell super super solid. I felt good.
Speaker 5: But it's the league, and uh, it's the league. Yeah, you never know what's gonna happen. So I was like sitting there like I don't know what to do.
Speaker 3: So I.
Speaker 5: Texted like everybody I knew that was an OC or a head coach or whatever, and Verybel had just taken the job. And Rabel got close in Houston because when I first got diagnosed, he would text me like a couple few times a week, like thinking about your buddy, Like that's the old an ass back out here, like you know, just like you know what I mean, just the banter Vabels does and he's great at and it was always fun. And then during that three year time, uh, his son Tyler, who was in high school, he was a defensive line when I was when I first when I first saw him down there, and I told Verybone, I'm like, dude, he looks exactly like I had, just super tall, long arms, long legs, like growth spurt too fast for his you know, coordination to catch up with. Like he's he's gonna be an old line like make that switch. And I think they talked about it or whatever, and you know, eventually, like the next year, he's like, hey, would you like to, you know, go through some stuff with Tyler and and and show him a few drill because I would try to do drills, line drills every day.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, yeah, hell yeah.
Speaker 5: So we kind of went through it, and he wasn't he was a natural obviously, you know, he's kicking ascid Boston College. But that's kind of me and Verbel. I had gotten gotten close throughout those treatments. So I texted him and like, dude, I'm looking for any opportunity, like I'm just trying to play ball man, and he's like, you know, let's take a look at some things, and he flew me in for well, they Titans flew me in for a workout.
Speaker 3: The next week. When when was this what point of the year that was week two, just after my team you were there, Yeah, and uh.
Speaker 5: They're like, dude, were going to sign it a PreK squad. I'm like, not ideal, but dude, any opportunity, you know, I mean, ye arena, Like I just want to keep working, like.
Speaker 3: I just keep on better and better and better. And uh so I'm like, let's let's do it. And that was dope. It is And I remember the text I got from you after.
Speaker 2: That and.
Speaker 3: Boom, sign practice squad And I.
Speaker 4: Just when when did you practice squad?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: They signed you the practice squad, right, Yeah, that's what I'm saying. When did they activate him?
Speaker 4: Oh, European squad the entire year, you know, twenty nineteen mm and then.
Speaker 3: This year made the squad scored the touchdown.
Speaker 2: The next week or whatever it was, It was the week I got back, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the week after you got back.
Speaker 2: And then there was a huge plumber. Yeah that was such a cool use the best parpart, Like, so this is against the Colts, the most the hotest game you very probably played in, right, Yeah that was yeah. I was literally getting this tattoo in my hand watching this game, thinking of ship that looks hot as fun out there brutal, but he snipped it, dude, like it was behind you and you like turned and got that thing.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: It was awesome.
Speaker 4: How dope was that?
Speaker 3: This was sick? Man?
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 3: So they put this in Friday and there was four Baits.
Speaker 2: No yeah, Darren Bates.
Speaker 3: Yeah he was a full back right there, that's where he lined up. And DB's out there, Yeah, go to like the middle, yeah, going out of the fly and so they.
Speaker 2: No, no, keep going the other way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that way. I was telling my wife on Saturday. Yeah, they put a plane going out on a route.
Speaker 4: Baits the full back, look at him, dude, let's go.
Speaker 3: And they're all looking for at the Laney going the other way.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: And uh, I told my wife, I'm like, there's a chance I could possibly get it, but they're gonna everyone's gonna look at the Laney base and be wide open, gonna go to base.
Speaker 3: But who knows, you know what I mean, who knows, who knows what will happen?
Speaker 5: So to even play it, because it was like down the list on the on the play calls yeah let's see and sure ship we get down there first time on the goal line hey, this is it is running out and uh, I release and I look back and I see Marcus like look at baits see Derek fall down because he chop locked that dude.
Speaker 3: And then he looked right at me and I was wide open. I'm like, oh, he's about to throw me this ball right the next thing, you know, like there it is. Don't drop this ship.
Speaker 2: And it was a really well done because you get in there, who's that sell it? Boom snip.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's dope.
Speaker 5: Man. That was just like a super cool moment, full circle, everything kind of coming back, like, bro, you.
Speaker 3: Just score a touchdown in the NFL like this in.
Speaker 4: Nineteen after going through years of fucking oh my god.
Speaker 5: My own just grinding, and so I was that was super cool to be able to put that up on the mantle and like a moment for.
Speaker 3: Me and my family.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah was uh who's at the game?
Speaker 5: My wife and her and her brother and his wife and they didn't even know. I didn't even tell him. I'm like, probably not going to happen.
Speaker 4: You just told your wife it's not going to get their helps up.
Speaker 3: Like there's a there's a chance, but it's very small.
Speaker 2: God, I would give it. I would have given away right there early.
Speaker 5: Dad was early because by the end of it, my hands were just so sweaty and the gloves were wet weather gloves down first touchdown of the year at Nissan.
Speaker 3: About that. That's pretty rad.
Speaker 2: That's really rad, dude.
Speaker 4: That is a red fucking story.
Speaker 3: Love love Arthur's play calling on.
Speaker 2: The get he he loves getting off its line and touchdowns.
Speaker 4: I mean, how many big man touchdowns you guys have this year?
Speaker 3: Thre we had four in it was one for Taylor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well people, we had three and we had three touchdowns three three plays in. But it was likest to Dennis Scott to you got one man who knows.
Speaker 4: I remember when we were playing you guys.
Speaker 1: I was like, Hey, if we're on goal line and Taylor is eligible, cover him because he's getting the ball. That's like what I was thinking. I was like, the boy says he's got to play in like a couple of weeks back some of a.
Speaker 2: Bit, you're gonna take away my touchdown.
Speaker 3: Guarded?
Speaker 4: There something wrong with my mic. It doesn't sound like it's think you're good, it's good man.
Speaker 2: Well anyway, I don't even know when talk about anything else, dude, this this has been one of my faorite podcasts coming in here, like just have an opportunity to talk pick your brain about like that whole thing people we go through at versity during the season.
Speaker 3: You go through adversity.
Speaker 2: It's back life.
Speaker 5: Everybody everybody has, yeah, has some you know what I mean in my mind just happens to be something that is super gnarly, like as.
Speaker 2: Wild, you know, and absolutely and I'm.
Speaker 5: Glad it's not like a I mean, it is a super public thing, but I'm glad I can kind of tell my story on a podcast like yours. It's actually like legit, Like, dude, there's been a busting with the boys banner at every away game this year. I'm glad, but uh, you know, just come on and like share it genuinely because the people that do know my story, like people whose families or kids that are going through it, like.
Speaker 3: It's powerful to them.
Speaker 5: Like when I was going through it, I was always looking for like survivor stories, like guys that have gone through treatments and gone or run iron Man are gone on you know, playball to play you know, play their respective sports at a high level. Like that was always something that helped keep me motivated, and so like, if I can do that for someone else, like to seriously.
Speaker 4: And I mean, you definitely are bro you be you be.
Speaker 1: It's like you there's like Eric Berry, I've gotten to hear those guys speak to and it's just it's just insane.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 5: It's a wild it's a wild ride. It's something I pray that eventually that people aren't gonna have to go through it. You know, there's gonna a cure some day. I mean, uh, that's not like kind of what I went through. Something a little more or cause for it or just figuring out and they're working on they're getting close, they're getting.
Speaker 2: Close, and you think, you think it's within our lifetime.
Speaker 5: I pray, man, I pray no one's got to go through what I went through going through through But it's it's, uh, it's something that I'm I'm proud of, like I'm proud to be it. But it's not something that I throw out there a lot. But it's not something I'm gonna shy away from.
Speaker 1: That's kind of like how I whether you like you have a story that truly can impact people, you know, not in like a bragging way.
Speaker 3: That's why I don't want to.
Speaker 5: That's why I don't want to say like it was easy, Like it wasn't easy, Like it was really hard. Like there were some days where I couldn't even get out of bed man, like you probably didn't want to.
Speaker 3: I don't want to.
Speaker 5: Some days I couldn't eat, like they're like, and I don't want somebody who's going through it to think like, oh man, look look how easy it was for him to like be didn't come back, Like, no, it was not easy, Like that was really hard, And that's okay. You know it's okay to be like I'm not getting out of bed today, right, like when you're going through like I don't got the energy for that, Like that's that's okay, Like you know what you're you're fighting your ass off, like you can have days and times like that, but you just got to keep you just got to keep going.
Speaker 2: Do you think it was important for you to get moving sometimes just to like yeah, in the right mental mental space, like even if I feel like shit, I gotta get up, I gotta do some sort of even if it's just walking around the hospital lot do a lot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that that that helps.
Speaker 7: That helps too. That always helps, but sometimes you don't even got sometimes in the tank for that. Yeah, that's just brutal to think about, like you're such you're this this big dominating figure, like you're a big dude.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, You're strong as ship. And to think about like you can even get out of better take a walk, like take a lap is a crazy concept, even small.
Speaker 3: I don't want a sugarcoat like my story or like that was easier or nothing. I take it. I think it's seriously when people, no doubt people talk about it, ask.
Speaker 2: Me, it's just I don't know. It's it's hard to see, like kids go through that stuff too. I can't believe it.
Speaker 3: That's brutal.
Speaker 5: And it's tough to see the families because they're just sitting there kind of helpless.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: That's always a super I know.
Speaker 4: It's like all they can do is.
Speaker 1: Try and give you words of encouragement or try to read you and be like what kind of energy should I give them the day? But it's a wild man, and you just never you also, you talk about you don't shy away from telling the story, but you're never like out in front of it. But also at the same time, like you never know who's watching, whether it seems like the story's cool or not. Somebody's in the background kind of observing you regardless, Like Taylor's sitting here saying like I noticed it watching you on the field, like carring yourself. He might not ever tell you that, but you just know, like people are watching and you're affecting them, you know what I mean. Like this guy kind of had this story. I hear this rumor and he's watching, Like yo, this, this dude inspires me to go a little harder.
Speaker 4: Sometimes it's not even, but it's not.
Speaker 2: I don't look at it. I don't look at you and go that's David Questionber, he'd be cancer. Like I just see the way you handle yourself on a day to day basis, and like you know me, and you know I'm like, mister, I'm pretty much bipolar in a lot of ways. Like there will be days of my pies, of days of I'm pretty down low during practice, but I'm still like fop this or whatever. And it's like consistency as a human being is one of the hardest things to obtain.
Speaker 3: And like.
Speaker 2: To watch you go through what you did it's not like the first thing on my mind every time I see you. But do the consistency that you operate at from like August into the middle of January. You know, it doesn't matter how many snaps of person plays, that stuff weighs on you. And so it's it's good to have around. It's really it's it's it's important.
Speaker 5: Do I just love it, you know what I mean? I love the group we got saw a group. I love coming in and just working my craft like that. I love being alignment, like I love everything about it, you know. And I think we've got a good thing going, dude. I think we had a really good thing going in in in Tennessee. We got a really fun group.
Speaker 3: Like that Vegas trip but you kidding that that was a blast, dude.
Speaker 5: And and just me being able to like stay in the arena state in the fight, like I'm gonna go as long as I can, you know, And I'm gonna give it everything I got every day for as long as I can. And you know, I'm out there trying to kill killing myself a practice, and I love it, you know. I just that's that's that's me. And I I'd like to say I was that way before I got diagnosed, but I'm sure even now it's like it's even more you know.
Speaker 2: I just yeah, you've you've had to look something in the eye that a lot of people don't have to. You know that they never really have to see you, you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Like that, Yeah, that's true too.
Speaker 1: And you had to look in the eye and no one's coming to save you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like you that's crazy, man, that's amazing.
Speaker 5: Well we're in a good spot now, man, I got I got a dog, I got a wife, dope dog. Just staring in the eyes, right Tennessee. So be here next year to throw down, you know for the boys. Yeah, man, I really, I really like we're right now. They don't come on the bus with the boys hang out a little bit.
Speaker 2: What do you think about the bus?
Speaker 3: I'm impressed, man, this is this is actually a pretty good setup.
Speaker 5: You got here.
Speaker 2: It's yeah, I feel like people think it's way more janky than it actually is. We got a D setup.
Speaker 1: It's a D setup, man, Yeah, it's a D setup. Like I you were saying, like, oh, it's cool you saw people with away games. I was telling Taylor, I was like, I was out on the field. We're putting the Chiefs and Fisher there left tackle. I was like in my stands and he's like, hey, busting with the boys.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I was like, oh sick. And then hey, when I get on the podcast, I was just.
Speaker 1: Thinking in my head like, yeah, let's just talk after the game.
Speaker 4: I was like, this is fucking dope though that it's that you're saying that it's starting.
Speaker 3: Everyone. Everyone's trying to get on the bus.
Speaker 2: You get on the bus. Everyone's invited, dude. Yeah, everyone's definitely invited, and we appreciate you coming on.
Speaker 5: Man, Oh my pleasure guy. Yeah, the vable thing was really coming back around. That gave you a lot of a lot of cloud and yeah.
Speaker 2: And one more game, one more I would have showed up. I would have showed up in a nurse like a surgeon's outfit, like going into the locker room with a giant machete in my hand before the game.
Speaker 4: Dude, that thing got a lot of fun. Did you see the grid Iron Heights? Yeah, that she was hilarious.
Speaker 2: What's up, Eels, I will cut off my dick to beat you.
Speaker 1: He throws the blurred version of ye. Everybody like spots on there.
Speaker 2: Uh, grid Iron Heights definitely did him a lot of favorites. That's a big piece.
Speaker 1: That's a big piece, a big piece. I told Taylor too, I was like, you guys ended up losing when he cleared the air and said he wasn't really going to he was just trying to give us something on the bus.
Speaker 4: He didn't want to let us down.
Speaker 1: And sure enough, I can't said that the boys lost and that's I think that's what happened.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: You should have kept saying, yeah, I'm ready to cut this thing off after we went to beat the Chiefs.
Speaker 2: You guys want to you know, we should have beat the Chiefs too. Like the way that that game went. It's crazy because week ten, we were like up by ten or they were up by ten and we ended up winning. And I remember being the first quarter we were up by ten and I was like fuck and I thought that was like fuck, we're up by ten this time, like it was a weird setup.
Speaker 4: Charles like, hey, look in the Miami and I was like, don't jink them.
Speaker 1: I text her back later that that that he jinked them, dude.
Speaker 2: It was going. It was so like that that the run, I mean the whole game. You never lose a game by like one play, right, but like the run going into half that Mahomes had, they got they got the ball back half because they were up by was it time it was seventeen seventeen. I think it was seventeen seventeen. No, you're right, it was seventeen fourteen. No, yeah, because I.
Speaker 4: How did you get four points after you had ten?
Speaker 1: So I'm off I'm off on some maybe twenty one to seventeen.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, we had we scored three to the first drive, seven to second drive, seven to the third drive, so we had seventeen points.
Speaker 4: Oh they had fourteen.
Speaker 2: They had fourteen. I remember looking at Ben Jones and I was like, it's gonna be seventeen seventeen at half. I was like, perfect, dude, we're even with the best offense in the league at halftime and we're like we are like statistically the best second half team. And then they scored. I was like fuck, I know, And that was oh.
Speaker 4: Watching that, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. There was a couple there at the end where you're.
Speaker 2: Just like, yeah, you know, he ran out, like ran out to the right and like just hail married that thing down the middle. Buddy caught it was like like Sammy Watkins caught it on like the ten yard line. That was a fucking heartbreaker right out from that. Yeah, well you caught a bunch of hype from good Morning America. Yeah, good morning, good morning football. Yeah, shout out to good Morning football. The free shoutouts that was.
Speaker 4: That was Good Morning Football was about the boy this whole dude.
Speaker 2: They were showing Derek's like stiff arm and Kyle Brandt, who is one of my favorite people to watch going rants. It's like you see this guy though. Those guys in sleeves there you got the perfect like the quarter cut like sleep less. It's got like a little tiny baby sleeve like that, like the eighties straight coach, dude, you were born too late. You're an eighties guy through.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Well they came up to me, Arthur and and Raves did like after the Denver game, like we just missed your presence on the sideline.
Speaker 2: Bro, Like they said that, yeah, hell yeah, you're.
Speaker 3: Coming to all the away games.
Speaker 5: I was like, let's do it, like my presence of like fad Man bicep girls before the game.
Speaker 2: Girls hard there's a couple of games. I was like, kind of like, man, I need a little pump, and i'd see you doing it. I'd go grab a band and by the end of the year we had a good group of gott to keep that piece going. Just a little vein working there.
Speaker 4: A little vein little Well, you got questions up there? What do you guys enjoy more? Run block or pass block? From our fellow friend Jake Disher.
Speaker 2: Run all yeah, probably run pass blocking? Stressful, dude, stressful third down, three jets, Yeah they are. How difficult does to make the mid season switch from protecting Mario to Tannehill?
Speaker 4: Is there even a difference?
Speaker 3: No, not really.
Speaker 2: I hadn't notice the difference between protecting Mario and Tannehill. It's kind of like it's not like you try harder for one of the other, you know what I'm saying, Like it's your job, Like I love both those guys, but let's say I didn't like one of those guys. I still block just as hard. Yeah, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Exactly what's it like playing with Taylor from Hands RIVERA.
Speaker 3: I think Taylor said it, you never know what you're gonna get with Taylor.
Speaker 5: When he comes in in the morning, I think he's like that comes in, someone will say something to him, like uh, a coach or something that'll say wedding to him.
Speaker 3: And he comes in, You're like, well, my day's ruined. Get rid for a long one, you know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 5: What I'm talking about, or some days he comes in he's like, man, I slept great, and it's just like the most awesome day ever.
Speaker 2: But dude, I don't do well with authority. I do not do well with authority. And when when people are on my case, my fucking.
Speaker 3: First thing in the morning too, I haven't even had a cup of coffee.
Speaker 2: Seven years meeting started eight keith, not seven thirty, And I go in early with seven thirty and they say something to me, fucking day's ruined. The fucking day is ruined. And I meet it as a joke, but then it ends up being real. I always start off on being like, no, fuck, I'm kidding guys, and then like something in my head's like, but you're not kidding. Taylor, kill these motherfuckers.
Speaker 5: No, there's so much like energy surrounding this guy, you know, like there's just every day and so like it's always we got action.
Speaker 3: Every day, we got action, got action, and so I'm about it. That is always fun.
Speaker 2: The we were when after we played Baltimore, Keith came in, is like, I don't know what you guys are doing, but keep doing it, Like, keep everything the same. There's gonna be day. I'm in a weird mood. There's gonna be day. Taylor is in a weird mood. Yeah, me in a bad mood. You No, I'm just kidding, Like god, dude, I can't get a little bipolar though, for real.
Speaker 3: Only when Nate doesn't do what he's supposed to do.
Speaker 2: That's like a big Nate. Nate started out as the worst rookie ever, and it as the second worst rookie ever. Dude, he like game.
Speaker 4: He did better.
Speaker 2: Up, he went up, he did better. He was great in Vegas. He was great in Vegas. He did a good job. He got tackle turkeys a couple of times. Categories, but awful category. We were playing categories. You never play King's Cup. Yeah, we'll get to categories. And it was you right, You're like names of names of countries and just countries in general.
Speaker 3: Country in the world.
Speaker 2: He's the first person says North America, like yo, just like it's a continent. I understand. I would understand if he said Africa. If you said Africa, like like that's you're not from there, you don't live in that area, like I've said that before. Yeah, you know, but like it's Antarctica, like that's a continent.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But like North America you're talking about, you're about with the place you live, like you're born there.
Speaker 4: Then that's the one you went with.
Speaker 3: That's that's a tough answer.
Speaker 4: But what was it like being a hard knocks with the Texans?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 4: Wait were you were you?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: They went to the hospitals. Man, we did all that. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Oh really so you didn't come to Washington.
Speaker 3: No, I was in Washington.
Speaker 4: Were you playing?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean I was going through my stuff.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: That was epic.
Speaker 4: H yeah, yeah, that was epic.
Speaker 3: That you guys.
Speaker 4: That was all you guys.
Speaker 3: That was for sure.
Speaker 2: You see the day before, I know, everybody.
Speaker 4: Was like, you know, the coaches were like or were they like pissed off.
Speaker 3: Because we landed off the plane straight to practice.
Speaker 2: And that's just one of the most unsafe things to get the worst.
Speaker 5: It's the worst and it was a really shitty practice and they kicked our ass and uh and the next night in the meetings, it was like I'm not saying fight, but I'm not saying not fight. I want my team to be a bunch of badasses. And everyone's like I was about to go down.
Speaker 3: Ship like it went down.
Speaker 2: It worked.
Speaker 1: Everybody thought they split us up and then finished was over. Dude, really, yeah, so we gotta go leave early, which we thought was awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what a gig.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: If if it's like, hey, don't fight or we're gonna enenter practice early, I'm swinging the first through. I'm swinging first.
Speaker 4: That's usually leave it. I can't even it was.
Speaker 1: I remember seeing like some video footage Vince Wilfork almost connected with somebody on some huge haymaker and I was.
Speaker 4: Like that person would have died, yea for real.
Speaker 2: Vince is a huge, huge man and that body.
Speaker 4: Was off the ground throwing a haymaker. He just missed.
Speaker 1: Really, yeah, he would have killed somebody connected with.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was a scrap.
Speaker 2: That was a good scrap. He fucked that center up too. I saw a video of like Vince taking the redskin. They were doing the one on ones and took the Redskins center like ten yards past the dummy past.
Speaker 1: Whatever, Corey lichtenstigger. He's like an undersized center too.
Speaker 2: He got smokehouse slapped and tickled. I should happens, dude. People get got all the time, God all the time.
Speaker 3: That's all. That's pretty much all it. Vince has got right there. But that if he if he hit this.
Speaker 4: It's a big it's a big human being.
Speaker 2: Was I hit him one time? I got a stare and didn't even seen me coming, you know what I'm saying. I ripped in there and boom, He's like like one man, like he didn't even feel me. Dude, what else we got? We got two more? I gotta get out of here minute.
Speaker 4: We'll work out routines.
Speaker 1: I mean that's probably usual, right scaled up? You just yeah, you just and then whenever you yeah, what else you want?
Speaker 2: What was what was that last question? Does David ever get cold?
Speaker 3: Never? I'm never cold?
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 3: Did more sweats and you can't say it was cold.
Speaker 2: It's freezing.
Speaker 1: You're the guy that would go like sleevers, sleeveless and shorts like every game, every game in the weather look good too.
Speaker 2: He had he had his wrist taped for what. You know what I'm saying. You look at him and go like that.
Speaker 5: I would do the workout with Keith before on the field and then I just wouldn't take him off.
Speaker 2: You'll be, you'll be, You'll be playing next year. But if there's ever a game, you need to have like a milk carton with you and just hold the milk cart and walk around just sucking.
Speaker 1: Drink right out of the milk carton and put tape over and write badge of milk.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or just drink badge of milk. They sell that. Maybe we can find out no free shout out, shout to padger of milk.
Speaker 4: All right, all right, that's a wrap, David.
Speaker 2: I appreciate that.