Speaker 1: Misspelling with Tori Spelling and iHeartRadio podcast. Hi, Oh I miss you.
Speaker 2: I miss you great. I was like, oh my god, we're going to make this work.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, you look gorgeous.
Speaker 2: Look beautiful. How you doing?
Speaker 1: Oh? I have so much to catch you up on.
Speaker 2: I know you do, I know, but I just you know, I'm honored to be here with you, my love, and you look beautiful.
Speaker 1: Thank you. I feel like we need another dinner night a night out. Yeah with Darcy. Yeah, I know, I gotta be honest, like I kind of felt, you know they say when people go through divorce, like you kind of like you lose friends, like someone gets the friends just so everyone knows. Uh So, Taylor and I are both friends with Jack and Darcy, who I felt like Dean was kind of like Jack's friend, I know, and I Darcy. Darcy would say different, she'd be like, no, Sy's my friend, that's right, like she know. I did feel a little like, I don't know, because we used to do double dates with them, and that's and then we did a double date with you. Yeah, I know, it was like a five top exactly.
Speaker 2: I don't know. You know, this is obviously new territory, but new territory.
Speaker 1: God, I know that ebbs and flows, ebbs and flows. It's it's it's definitely. It feels really good. But I have moments.
Speaker 2: You know, you and Dean had a lot of history, clearly, but I mean, I'm family making and there was a lot to it.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, we got together and it was fast and furious and you know, moved in right away, and gosh, I think like nine months after we got together, we were pregnant. Like my priorities changed right away, and you know, this is a new, young relationship. Like I didn't have that opportunity to like go out and explore the world and travel and hike with you. I would never fucking hike it.
Speaker 2: But I mean, yes, you would hike. I mean, oh my god, the probably, you know what. But you know, you grew you grew up. You went right into mommy mode, you really did. I did, and you're quite a mama.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you know, I mean you know this, like you feel the same way. I'm sure like you wouldn't change your journey at all because everything that happened happened for a reason. Like if I hadn't been with him, if I hadn't, you know, my babies wouldn't be my babies, right, so I wouldn't go back. But you know it is now now I'm seeing Okay, it's and maybe it happens when you're when you're like feeling it and all of a sudden you're then you see it everywhere. Like I feel like Netflix and all the streamers, they're like really messing with my brain lately because it's a lot of shows and movies about women kind of aging out.
Speaker 2: Aging out, or showing what it looks like. And so I don't feel like aging out. I feel like, and I hear what you're talking.
Speaker 1: In the men's perspective messy.
Speaker 2: Well, they're showing the messy parts.
Speaker 1: There's so many. I actually had this talk with Dean and I was like, and it was it was a cool deep conversation. I'm like, you know, I just watched Sirens with Julian Moore.
Speaker 2: Okay, so tell me have you seen it?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: Oh I took one episode. No, I want to know.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not going to tell you. I don't want to spoil alert it.
Speaker 2: Just tell me what you're feeling is about it.
Speaker 1: I'm feeling that men men can keep going. Men can do trade ins. Men have the ability to be with a younger woman. And it's like, all of a sudden, you know, we just get older.
Speaker 2: I just say this is out loud. I've been in a room with you, Tory. Yeah, you told me that guy's hot, Taylor. I'm going to get him over here in five minutes for you. And I was like, Tory, calm down. And you just literally stared this guy down. You are not going anywhere. I've never watched anybody just have such You are a master of like what.
Speaker 1: Do you want?
Speaker 2: Really? Because you must connect with people. You just looked at him. I said, stop, don't do me this favor. Do you remember that night? And You're like, I'll have him sitting next to you in five minutes. And within five minutes you had this guy engaged that. I mean, you are literally a magnet. You know how to turn it on, you know how to turn I mean I don't find and I'm certainly older than you, and I finally look at well, it comes from within and you know that.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, okay, yes, yes.
Speaker 2: So I don't look at Sirens is a story. There's there's a sorry about it, and there's a lot of women. What it tries to do with I feel like when women are aging and they're in a power position, it just doesn't come across. Well, does that make sense? We come across harder more, you know, And that's kinda think that's the thing. You know, you come across a lot softer than I do came across. But I'm born and raised in New York, and I'm born and raised in the Bronx, and i have a real, you know, East Coast mentality about things. I'm not that soft like you know. But men, when you say that about these shows, I think you also have to take in consideration that some of these women are like in high positions of you know, executives and really running their show. And then at some point it's not as attractive as it is when you see a man running a show. But then you have a guy that's been on the are talking about us, but we're not.
Speaker 1: We must be very it's emasculating for men to be with powerful, do you think so?
Speaker 2: Men, I think you have to find the man that you have that friendship with first, and that really is not intimidated, has his own jam going on. And I do not feel like it would be emasculating. I mean, if you are respectful, I mean respect is the okay. Men want respect, Women want to feel cherished. I want my feelings heard. I want to make sure my feelings are heard. Even though I sound like a guy from you know that that's coming in and I do. I wheel and deal. But my guy always is like, just take it easy, take it easy.
Speaker 1: Take your guy waits here with so much.
Speaker 2: I've got a guy for three years, but he's man man three years?
Speaker 1: How did I not know this?
Speaker 2: Because it's it's not quite three years, it'll be three years. Well, Darcy knows. They met him. We call him pants, don't e ants. It's a good story too, Who cares? What do you call Dean? What's his nickname? What was it? Wait?
Speaker 1: Like with my friends now, like, well, didn't you have a nickname for the Dean? Babe?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: I called them babe, but still do babe? Babe? God so unoriginal. Look at these men that are like in their seventies and eighties and like young women and like having babies and starting all over.
Speaker 2: But that I can't do. Okay, So now we're talking about like the de Niro's, the Mick jaggers. We're talking about guys in there, Yes, in their eighties. You know why because why they are on their fifth chapter in life. They have six seven children already. They're like finally they're with a partner maybe in their thirties that can have a child, righty do about this? What not to say that this is a negative, but like what is to live for? Like when you have all the money and you've had all the acclaim and you're still working hard and you don't want to retire as a man, And I think I see myself the same way. I could see myself in seventy eight, still touring, doing everything. And I'm sure you feel the same way. Would you want somebody to say, ah, you know, and now if it comes through for a man where he needs to have somebody on the level of energy that actually can give him a child actually says to him, you know what, don't even worry about diapers, worry about nothing, but just enjoy some time with a young child, and then you know his life. Here's life part seven for you. They have young children at this age. I know you you might listen, I'm not coming from a divorce, but I can see it from a man's I can see it from a male perspection of why they would continue to do this. A Because they fucking can number one. B Because it's also life affirming. They're still in the game of life. I think it's brilliant, is it?
Speaker 1: Wait? Have you seen Four Seasons? No? Okay, another one that fucked me up. It was originally an Alan Alda. I think Carol Burnett Ellie. They just did the remake and Tina Fey Steve Carell. Anyway, it's about friends and I'm not spoiling this one. Oh no, no, you know, a twenty fifth wedding anniversary and the wife wants to like renew their vows and he wants to get a divorce because he found a younger girlfriend. And it's about all the other friends who are in long term relationships kind of looking at their life. And Tina Fey has this great I'm not going to quote it, but basically she says to him, like, who are you? Like you're doing all this, Like you know, you're going paddleboarding and you're climbing rocks, and like aren't you tired? Like I know you you're a foodie and we used to go and have great wine and you just wanted, who's this person? Yeah, you've had this full life and she just said, as your best friend for you know, twenty five thirty years or whatever. What you know? Are you tired? How do you keep up? And he said, I've never felt better or orn't alive because it's they get tired.
Speaker 2: People do and those are the ones you really, honestly are. It's not life affirming. This guy's taking his life by his horns. I I honestly, you know, I struggled with with a pretty terminal disease. There for a hot minute, I feel like I'm back in another chapter. I'm training harder, I'm doing different things, I'm doing. Everything has switched gears. Your gear switches. So you're having a divorce because you want to what change your life? Something inside of you says, I need to affirm my life in a new way. So it's a new challenge. Is it's new things?
Speaker 1: What are men?
Speaker 2: Challenges? Hunters? Right? What are we? Gathers? But I find the masculine side of me really wants to go out there.
Speaker 1: What are we? We're the humans that do it all? Actually you do.
Speaker 2: But you've done the mother part, So now what's next? The mother part is in you. But you see, what have you never done? And where's that partner? You know, when you look at a partner and you say, you know what I want somebody that brings something to the table that's interesting, unique, something that I can learn from, something I can grow with and maybe find those hobbies, those passions that you've never I mean, one time I dated a guy that was so into nature and he taught me a camp. I mean, I learned so much and now nature to me is a prayer. It's like walking in nature is a prayer bead. I mean I learned so much from that relationship that I never turn my back. I mean nature has been become the greatest gift to me as far as healing and finding ways to connect with it as far and also spiritual things. But it's those relationships. Like for men, they usually have to find it with a partner. Women tend to have to go out there and find it on their own. Men usually switch gears by finding a partner or the therapist or that one mood. The divorce makes them push into something different, makes them see things differently.
Speaker 1: You just said you found nature through a partner.
Speaker 2: I found it through him because that's what he wanted to do. And I never got more excited and more loving.
Speaker 1: I was a New York girl. So at first were you like, ooh, no, this isn't me taking me.
Speaker 2: No, he was taking me. We were in Colorado, we were doing His brother was a big climber. I started going to Joshua Tree. I started climbing. I started what fildering, Yes, because you know you want to physically you know it's not about getting tired. It's about physically demanding more from your body and then actually knowing that you have it within your body and you can push yourself further. And it became this real and it's become this real truth. Like I switch up trainers, I do pilates now, I mean, you know, anything to keep switching it up and figuring it out. Same thing with diet.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: For me, I'm always listening, I'm always learning. So are you? You know you are being tired? Isn't an option? How old is your youngest right now?
Speaker 1: Eight?
Speaker 2: Jesus?
Speaker 1: I know, I started, I know not yes, my friend okay?
Speaker 2: And the eldest is how old?
Speaker 1: Eighteen?
Speaker 2: Okay? So you're in a mixed bad My love eight is baby time and eighteen it's got it? And you have how many children? Three?
Speaker 1: With life?
Speaker 2: Jesus Christ, I'm tired.
Speaker 1: What hearing that shit? So am I I'm tired. I'm getting tired of all your children?
Speaker 2: Or did you take these? Are any of the step kids or no? This is all?
Speaker 1: Oh well yeah, if we mentioned stepkids, I have sex, then Jesus.
Speaker 2: It's about a lot. I know you're tired, but you need to.
Speaker 1: I need escapism.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's called finding a hobby.
Speaker 1: Girl.
Speaker 2: What did you do when you were young? Did you ride horses? What were you doing? Sports? What you guys? What did they have you in? Dennis golf? You want a golf course with slay?
Speaker 1: No? I tried once. I tried to take a golf lesson, and they honestly to.
Speaker 2: Give you the lessons.
Speaker 1: I think your boobs are too big?
Speaker 2: Who is your trainer? Who is your coach?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I went to some golf course and said I want a new hobby. I'm gonna try golf and they told me that and I never did it again. My husband, my ex, is an avid golfer. I don't know. I don't think it's for me. I don't like the outfits. I'm all about fashion. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Well, I think you get well what about tennis? But you just don't want to go that hard.
Speaker 1: I'm not physical.
Speaker 2: Well you gotta do I know you look at your body. Well, what are you doing? Pilate's anything?
Speaker 1: No, it's called good genes in the last two years Monjaro. Other than that, I don't know. But well, but here is the thing I did dancing with the Stars, which I had. Have you done dancing with the stars? You've done? Oh my god?
Speaker 2: Quite frankly, I've done everything. But yeah, that's a beat up. So how did you do that? That's hardcore physical?
Speaker 1: Oh you know that? Then?
Speaker 2: How could I not?
Speaker 1: Because they told me, like if I was doing it, they were like, you know, it's up to you. You can train, you know, dance as little or as much as you want. But I'm I'm a perfectionist and I'm in person competitive. I'm all so if I commit to something, I'm going all in. But it was the hardest thing I've ever done. Yeah, and you're gonna love this. I I mean, I gotta elimonae it first, so what and to go home to Rod Taylor? Okay, but but I got to tell you that, like month of training, I have never felt more alive. You're like, bingo, bitch, I just told you this.
Speaker 2: You never felt more alive because you've never been that connected to your body other than being a mom and physically what it takes to have children. This connection is something missing in your life. You have to be in your body, body, mind and spirit is spiritual, right, but the physical is what you give to yourself now is going to fuel this entire renaissance. Just dou Pilate's try it.
Speaker 1: I want to.
Speaker 2: I used to when I was young at fifty minutes. Now they're just fifty minute, Sonny. They turn these cs like yoga, good yoga, forty five minutes, you're out. I'm like, oh, none of this ninety minute crap.
Speaker 1: No. I tell myself that I'm way too busy. I'm you know, I'm definitely a workaholic and I work in mom and it's like I have no mean time. But yeah, the reality is, you know, I could fit in fifteen minutes, and I don't. I don't because it's like an old record in my head. It's an old story that I keep telling myself. I can't work out.
Speaker 2: They're all in school though now so they're all in school, they're all taking off to another school. Yeah, this you need to do. You have to connect the physical. It's funny because you're competitive. I know you are. I've watched you girl. You get you get things done, so I know. And then also I.
Speaker 1: Love the word no. I love it. Someone tells we know. I'm like, oh, it's on. No. No is the first word towards yes.
Speaker 2: Did you even hear that? Do you hear yourself? No, first word towards yes, honey? Bang agreed because the nose were big. The nose or the nose are huge, and sometimes they really can get to you. But I don't think we'd be having this conversation thirty years into our careers if we didn't understand how nose work. So now your body, your mind, your spirit, you know. It just sounds like you just need a little kick in the ass and you need some supportive people on your side in that way.
Speaker 1: I do I do I have wait, do you mind me asking how old pants is?
Speaker 2: Pants is fifty four?
Speaker 1: Okay? Yeah, a little younger. I mean, that's exactly what I need. I can't be do you? I mean unless Kevin Costner asked me out, No, I'm not. I don't I don't see you know, is he single again? I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm just joking, but I mean I do live upon so you never know. But I'm just saying he's you know, he's vibrantly attached to his life. I doubt that man wants another child at this point, but you know, he went back in there and did it again. He's got young ones. So I'm just saying, like chest Pants have kids, Pants has adult children like I do.
Speaker 1: Right, So that was my question. Did you feel like you needed to find somebody that had children, that had gone through that, that knew what it was.
Speaker 2: It is a wonderful Yeah, I'm not looking for a thirty year old. I wasn't looking for that. And at the same time, I wanted a guy that was totally in a different world.
Speaker 1: Okay, he is.
Speaker 2: My guy's into race cars, he's into he's a master welder, he's into a lot of Yeah ask Jack, Yeah, he's into this whole different world. And he's a guy guy. So when our biggest business together is now building and not quite flipping, but he's a master build a contractor. He's working on my house in Santa Barbara. Like it's the greatest, that's.
Speaker 1: Like Hampson's great.
Speaker 2: Hanson is a man, he's a good man's me. I met him on hinge. Who doesn't.
Speaker 1: I am terrified of dating apps? Why, I don't.
Speaker 2: Know where do you think you're going to meet that kind of person? Because once you start going down, like what really turns you on, it's like you get to be able at least to pick it. Listen, I watched you in a room. You could pick any man you want. I've seen it. I've watched you and you brought them over. I was like, no, I'm.
Speaker 1: Too for you. I wouldn't do it for myself.
Speaker 2: No, I mean you were good like that. You're a girl's girl. I get it, you know what. And more than that, like you know, we had a lot of fun and I love you and I hate to see you when you're feeling I just feel like life is a it's a brand new chapter for you. This is it. This is a brand new day.
Speaker 1: I honestly is fifty two. I don't want to go on a first date and make small talk and like I don't want that, So you're right, it might be better to find someone that I become friends with. So if it does click, you know, we have a short you go out on a date. So just I don't want to.
Speaker 2: I don't want to, I know, but but but it's an exercise in you gaining strength and something that you're not like. You have to get uncomfortable again, remember that feeling.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's kind of fun. Uncomfortability, it's kind of fun. So what made you on? Other dating apps are just hinge over the years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the only way I've dated over the years. I mean, although a guy I was with back and forth for ten years now, we met because a great girlfriend of mine was just like, sit down, Taylor, like sit down because I'll like and he said stay comfortable, let me get this and I was like what. Oh. He just said a couple of magic words and that was the end. And then he came to find me. There was a big hurricane it was in New York, Hurricane Irene or something, and then he drove through. I called him my savior. It was just he it was love at first sight. Ish. Now he wasn't great. But I've had many relationships, but many you know, I'm the only one that's never been married. Let's start there.
Speaker 1: Would you get married? Would do you to you? Laugh? Days make you uncomfortable?
Speaker 2: An eight year old? Hello, you got those kids through? Too many kids? Five? I have two, I've twins, they're twenty three. The service they put me through is in insane. Kids are a lott of like you know, children being emotionally tired. I'm now I'm in the place where my parents are now ninety my father's ninety four, knock on wood, and I'm in really like an emotional place of trying to balance being the parent, being the person of my family that steps in and helps my parents, and also being that person that steps up as a single mom because I've always been that way. I had my children with the surrogate, my eggs, and they are twenty three, and I step in there when they are beautiful, Oh thank you, I mean, but you know they're individually, this still killed me. So you know, it's this balance I'm learning to balance, like not be so enabling, not be so codependent with them, and not allow this codependency. Like you know, there is a lot of stuff that we've done that our parents never did for us. And that's why I think we got half a brain, and we know how to go out there and get things. They don't.
Speaker 1: Are they in college? What is twenty three?
Speaker 2: Well they kind of got they were and they were that first year the twenty three now, so they were the first year of COVID, so going to college and they were all she was going to New York and then New York imploded between you know, COVID, where everybody was getting sick in New York and trying to leave New York. I said, you're not going to New York and we're I'm from New York and I'm like I was like, sure she was going. She was going to Pace and I was like, well that ain't happening, is it? And then you know leave I know, so they really got stuck in my house for a year. You try it now. I'm not gonna say this to you because you were five after they were in my house and I couldn't go on the road and light everything stopped as we do it. I was like, what I fungo, I'm bought getting you to a two bedroom apartment. Your twins lived together too, bath and that that's it. I need peace, get out of my house. They were I couldn't do it.
Speaker 1: I'm proud of you.
Speaker 2: Oh he was growing parties, he was doing I go every day. You bring an infection into my house. They don't care.
Speaker 1: You're like, Mama's got to work. I can't have this going on and on.
Speaker 2: Did you say hello to Tori? This is my manager. Look, I'm in his holiday. Can you believe it? We're very good friends. F YI. We're talking like you know, you're not supposed to interrupt your I love him, I love him. How are you? She is? We're gonna go, we're gonna gave a dinner and you'll meet him. We'll do it.
Speaker 1: That'll be fun now that you're single.
Speaker 2: I'll watch you. If I point to seven guys at the bar or anything, this woman will have them in the table in ten minutes. I've never seen anybody like magnetic.
Speaker 1: No one has ever said this about me.
Speaker 2: Are you kidding me? I watched you that night and I did say to.
Speaker 1: You, like, oh god, that could be a career. I should be matchmaker.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, oh what's out package? Another part of you? You would if you think you can do that? I mean you really were like I was like, thank you, honey, thank you, thank you, thank you. But what about all our husbands, all about your husband's not mine, all about your husband's were at the other table. Don't you remember this. I was like you you're you're a wife.
Speaker 1: Wait. It was at the Beverly Hills Hotel. Correct, we were Polo Lounge, Bro Paulo Lounge. Oh we were good old days. Dang it. Oh yeah, so wait, your twins lived together.
Speaker 2: They did up until literally, but my son's been living with a girlfriend. I moved them in together, and I say, get out of my house. It'speaker for me to have sanity. And you guys have your own apartment, and you learn what it's like. I'll pay this for the first six months a year. This is a rent you can't afford. You guys need to work if you're obviously you're in school. Virtually, it was all a joke. Yeah, it was horrible for them, it really was. But then at the same time, you know, it helped them achieves what I consider more of a responsible, you know, a responsible attitude towards having an apartment. But what turned into is, oh, I ended up being co signing on everything. I co signed and they were letting it roll for years and then I've just cut it off. Damn, mama, mama, And it really was hard. My daughters. What do you mean? She showed up the other day in my house. She lives in Santa Barbara. Now she's working, and she goes, can I do Netflix code? I go, girl, you forgot my next book? And they go, great, No, you can't have my Netflix code.
Speaker 1: This is night.
Speaker 2: You're still on my T mobile plan. I go, hell no, I go, this is a mitzvah. Take it as a you got. God is saying to you you can afford your life. Go on, bitch, get it together, keep going. All those things you had that I just just piggyback. We're just we just don't realize it. You know my phone bill. I'm like, why is it so much? Still? And I realize it's because I have them on the family plan still and they love it.
Speaker 1: I'm like, oh no, rates are never gonna say anything like pies never.
Speaker 2: No. What she did that night the balls. I said, Astaria, you're here to figure out, like you can achieve these things yourself. And she goes, Netflix is so expensive. I almost peek. I said, do you think that's expensive? Where do you get your car insurance payments? Hello? Oh, man, girl, I'm sorry you have an eight year old I'm truly I send you love and.
Speaker 1: Bless my God. And this kid bosses me around. No. Just this morning, getting up and ready for school, he said something and I said, hello, don't talk to me like that. I am your parents. You talk to me like I'm your equal.
Speaker 2: Your mom go deep with a boy, but I.
Speaker 1: Mean with an eighteen year old boy, seventeen year old girl. Then I have a thirteen year old girl, a twelve year old boy. The eight year old is kind of the least of my worries because these other four I am not kidding. People will be like, oh, what are you doing for the weekend. I'm like hiding in my room and shaky in the corner. I have so many kids here because growing up and it is very different. I mean your.
Speaker 2: House, the house everybody hung in.
Speaker 1: Yes, but and my mom's theory was, I'd rather know that you guys are here and safe than you being somewhere else.
Speaker 2: I get very what do you do?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I also can't say no. I can't say no. But it's to the point where I have, Oh my god, I think between all of them, I probably have like not just my five kids. I probably have like at times ten kids, not just here at my house on the weekends, but like sleeping over and it's and I hear screaming all night and life three sixty. I'm tracking them like, Oh, we're just gonna go to the mall. You're not the mall whose house is done. I'm like, yeah, just just come here.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: I fear weekends and now summer. I'm gonna fear all of summer because it can be any night. And my ex says, tell them no, not tell them they can't sleep over. And so he said, you need, you know, structure, and you need to say no, like this is your house.
Speaker 2: My daughter wouldn't insisted to have friends always constantly sleep over or stay assistant. My daughter never even did Sundays, so Sunday was my day. I always to say to I will fly back from wherever I am in the world because I had to do a lot of weekend warrior stuff. I was a single mom, and I hoped Sunday, I go Sundays my day. She goes, can Area come can? So I always had three four children, that's the norm. But with the sleeping over, she's like, can Area stay over. Can I go go so school night? No? I get it, but you, I mean, I don't know who you're having the most difficulty with. Is it the girls? The seventeen year old girl, the twelve year old girl? Wow, I mean I don't know where to begin with you.
Speaker 1: The twelve year old boy has you know, and boys at that age? Thirteen year old girl, thirteen year old girl, she's fine, she'll have yeah, she'll have some friends over. They're not the issue. It's like the twelve year old boy because their boys are loud and they're just like everywhere and.
Speaker 2: Let's see pigs.
Speaker 1: All my kids are messy. I'm messy, oh man. But yeah, I mean right now we're talking, and if I go into any room, there's multiple Yeah, because two are doing homeschool, so they feel like they can have friends over whenever.
Speaker 2: I know, I know, well, toy that that's on you. You know what I can is ever, I need so much structure and I'm so ocd if that painting's just a little tilted like everything in my house. My kids every day, my living was like I was like, you just clean all day. You pick them up, bring them home and let me see what they're doing. They kind of make their bed. I was like a drill sergeant. They'll tell you that.
Speaker 1: Oh God, I wish I hadn't known you back then. I wish you would help me through that part.
Speaker 2: Why would you want to be that tough on them?
Speaker 1: Or they probably tough, but there's a happy medium. I'm too loosey goosey. I let them do whatever, and then I'm like, if I have to tell them to clean this up and do it, I'm like, screw it. I'm just gonna do it myself. No.
Speaker 2: See, that's bad. What are you doing. You're setting them up for failure in the sense that you are not creating adults responsible people, Like what do they have that they really love and take care of? My son tried this crap with me with the first cars. He got an accident within two weeks brand new car got him sixteen seventeen. Hey, you're doing great in school. Crashed it. I'm like, yo, is this gonna be like a thing like you think the remorse? I mean when we got a car, it was like Fredom, He's like, oh, let me just go into the hove lane and see got a four hundred dollars ticket. I was like, dude, you think you're impervious. Clean the hob you know, like he went and got the hoblane, the high occupancy you know, the one where it's multiple passengers in the car. He was rolling down there to himself because he wont carpooling.
Speaker 1: Yes, New York.
Speaker 2: Times high occupancy. What does the A stand for? That's why I always Why is it high occupancy? I don't even understand. Just say carpool. Listen to you old school carpool carble.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, oh god. And I'm I'm the cool mom, like were you like were you friends with your kids and their friends? Though yes and.
Speaker 2: No they saw me as the badass and yes and no, like I love, I like my daughter's friends, but I'm very much on the respect level, like I really needed my kids respect. There were two of them against me, and two of them and me, five of them and you and then you have against you. Oh yeah. I had seven cameras up in my house at one point watching these kids doing crap like you have never understand LEVI would would an it person out because I had my business management running out of my house at one point for five years. And I've never seen anybody Jack up my it because he was just watching a lot of crap with a lot of his friends. I'm getting ridden devices e O r N. That's an The big problem porn, well, the fact that they get they are exposed to anything and everything, and we actually give them thousand dollars devices to do it with, and it's it's kind of criminal. There shouldn't even be anywhere near the internet for a long.
Speaker 1: Time they're on their devices twenty four to seven.
Speaker 2: It's not a good thing like gaming. If you say you're raised they were raised by you and your values and your morals, it's not really true anymore because if they are I mean, I understand what the homeschool kids, but if they are online and getting information and being exposed to so much misinformation and quite frankly, not your values and not your moral you're having a battle. It's a battle with things that are not real. In my perspection, they're not real. I agree, I agree my.
Speaker 1: Twelve year old. Like they're wheelers and dealers now they.
Speaker 2: Think they are until you say go ahead, we'll and deal yourself into an apartment and right, But like.
Speaker 1: The twelve year olds, this is all like the twelve thirteen fourteen year old boys, they like they will sell things to make money.
Speaker 2: Good for that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So my twelve year old is trying to convince me, not convince me. Fine, he's mentioned it many times that he really thinks that I should go on feed finder.
Speaker 2: Feed Finder? What's feed finder?
Speaker 1: He's looking at, Mitch.
Speaker 2: Well, it ain't only fans, what is it?
Speaker 1: Okay, it's like an only fans for feet. First of all, this kid told me about it. He started pitching this like three years ago and he's twelve, and I'm like, yea, oh, what is this? It is fans people post photos of their feet and they make money, and there's like niches like some you know, people have fetishes. They want pictures of dirty feet, they want pictures of weird toes, they want pictures. Anyway, he taught me this and he's like and he's like mom, He's like, you're Tory spelling, and he pitches this, you're the og Donna Martin imagine money saying you would make and he knows if I make money, I make it for them, you would make putting pictures of your feet online.
Speaker 2: That's not as bad as OnlyFans. My son had me up on only fans for one day. I was like, what am I doing?
Speaker 1: You're an only fans?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, this is when it first like he was like your kid, But I was like, what do you mean. He goes, Oh, all the housewives are doing it now, it's not a big deal. You just go on there. Let me let me hook up your subscriptions and let me get he I didn't know. He goes, I go, dude. Seventeen people just called me up and said, dude, what are you doing on OnlyFans? And I go, I don't know. If I said leeve, I said, you know, LEVI, I said LEVI, I said, they said get it down.
Speaker 1: But you know, did the press find out before he took it down? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, no. It was on and off within three hours, four hours.
Speaker 1: I have so many industry girlfriends that have tried to talk me into going on only fans.
Speaker 2: Well, honey, you got five kids, and I don't know, but you're a Tory, and believe me, you look at Drea I mean, look at Denise Richard. They're making a killing. But you know you have to be in that mindset of I don't know if you can handle it.
Speaker 1: I mean, my seventeen year old who just got her license, and it's just like, gone, yeah, but getting straight a's I'm proud. Whatever. But she's like, mom, if you ever go on only fans, that would embarrass me.
Speaker 2: It would.
Speaker 1: She also tells me, I can't date those, so it's just it's no one. Well that's are you on cameo? Of course I'm on Cameo? Oh sorry, dove, are you? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, good little. I mean it's kind of slowed down. It's it is what it is.
Speaker 1: Camo's legit though, that's like, that's okay, Hey, that.
Speaker 2: Ain't only fans. That's just like a shout out. Yeah, I sing a note, I sing birthdays, happy anniversaries. Sure, of course that's legit. That's a different thing. Only fans is a whole other thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you make a lot more money. Well, of course you can, you know, but that's like last resort, last resort if my career is completely burned down, and I'm just like I'll be like okay, here I go. Okay, So here's the thing. I don't want to be on a dating app. I want friends to set me up. Isn't that the old school way? Like a friend's like, oh I have a friend.
Speaker 2: This girl.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess one friend has set me up in It's been two years and I'm like, I'm like, what's wrong with me? Slim pickens, It's like, what's wrong with me? It's like when me too happens and I was like, no one me to me like nothing. I was like, is something wrong with me? You gotta do.
Speaker 2: You got to do your own search, You gotta you gotta do.
Speaker 1: Not doing it?
Speaker 2: Well, try potentially, do you know anyone to ask you pants his pants have a friend.
Speaker 1: I'll try camping. I've never been in my life. I'll do it.
Speaker 2: Let me see what pants has I like him from TV.
Speaker 1: I'll do it. I'll do it.
Speaker 2: No, I mean they just racing the Baja five hundred. You can't even deal with that kind of dirt.
Speaker 1: I can do dirt.
Speaker 2: No, No, this is like I was showing my friends some of the like yeah, no really the race Like that's like her boy weekend for him.
Speaker 1: But you go, you go, I see it as I'm not.
Speaker 2: On the phone with you. He just got back last time.
Speaker 1: Is he riding motorcycles dirt bikes? No?
Speaker 2: These are big trucks. Big trucks.
Speaker 1: Oh, I like big trucks.
Speaker 2: Yes, you I could see liking that part of it.
Speaker 1: I like that. I like.
Speaker 2: Truck truck off road, Baha's off Road five hundred miles. That's hardcore stuff. Some of those got you know. But yeah, you love car racing and stuff. You know, it's fast and furious. And then I also did went to polo the other day, so there you go on hundreds of men winter polo have no up in Santa Barbara Polos. The seasons just started. Went to beautiful men, men dressed up. It's always nice. Horses and men are beautiful?
Speaker 1: Are we talking pretty woman? Shit? Here? What do you mean now?
Speaker 2: I just because I go to the dirt. I used to go to the derby like or I have gone for twenty years. I mean and tons of men, tons of things. You just got to go to activities and things that they like.
Speaker 1: And they who them.
Speaker 2: You don't want to date, then that's that I.
Speaker 1: Want to find love. I told my friend recently. I was like, I don't want to die on our owns.
Speaker 2: You needed to pick somebody and meet them. Horse horse racing and going to del Mar and all that stuff.
Speaker 1: Oh, I like that. I grew up. My dad had we were at like Hollywood Delmar do that. Ooh, I like that.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: I'm a betting kind of girl.
Speaker 2: All the guys, Oh, we should go to Vegas. Vegas is sloppy for me, but yeah, I guess we could do it. But I mean it's just hit and miss guy. It's very transient. I mean, and you know you gotta pop around to you know, I guess you could. I don't mind Vegas.
Speaker 1: I don't care.
Speaker 2: I mean, I just go where I go. But like, you know, you got to troll around there to find it's not.
Speaker 1: Meeting guys there. It would just be a fun girls weekend.
Speaker 2: It is fun.
Speaker 1: We like, so this is actually our time, not that either of us ever went away. And I'm not comparing myself to you because you're a legend in icon and like, but it's a different it's a different beast. You know, you're in a different world than me. But I mean, the eighties in nineties, it's like, finally, I just remember like six years ago, having seven years ago having to be like I'm a celebrity turned influencer because I was like, well, you know, I'm a working girl, so I'm gonna I'm gonna change with the times because you got to. But now they're all gone. All they care about is us eighties and nineties girls. Am I wrong?
Speaker 2: I'm not. You're not wrong about anything. It's just the time is right, the put the fruit is, the fruit is full, and I'm just hard. You stand around long enough, you get to sit down, and the point is why bother? I love standing up? Oh, you're right in it.
Speaker 1: Have you ever done a residency in Vegas and you hate Vegas? I'm like going back to it? A residency in Vegas?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I'd love that. I think it would be another great another great venue to have as a I call them kind of like anchors, and I love that. And performing live for me is everything I really have, you know, for thirty seven years, that's been my biggest thing. Obviously, I made a lot of great records and I have a lot of great hit songs, but performing live has turned me. I've evolved. My show is just getting better and better and better. Costume. I really bring it in the big dogs now and I'm just loving it. And that connection. You can never ever take that. You know, one thing being an actress another thing when you perform and you're out there with a different audience every night, and the magic, the energy, the transference is real. It's beautiful.
Speaker 1: Live, live is amazing. It's a great feeling. And you get to connect with the people that have, yeah, like your comfort to them because they've been fans of yours for so long that you know, the world's a different place right now. And all top people, children's children. I've watched generations.
Speaker 2: We're in LGBT, we're in Pride Month, my my people that were at the gay my first Prides or anything. Think about thirty seven years ago when tell It to mahar came out the gay the gay community embraced me and what that showed me. I've seen families, marriages, I've seen babies that were named after me through you know, and now marriages and children and family. I mean, it's incredible to see it. So I've watched so many different journeys through so many different fans, and then also through my biggest supporter, you know, the biggest supporters of my career, the tran the you know, the drag queens with the biggest support ever in my career. I came out with that crimpy, crazy hair and everything I mean, come on, girl, think about it. So live is everything because I get to meet when I have the opportunity and also perform. But you know, you have to raise the bar. You must, like my production must.
Speaker 1: You have to evolve, of course, and it must.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm representing twenty twenty five and I'm representing my health, my wellness, my melt kill state of mind, and also my creativity. My creativity is coming out through the work you're seeing on stage now, through my media. Now we're trying on you know, we work on all levels now. And the fans love it, of course they do, and I love them like I get off on it. So find a hobby, get off on it. This is isn't a hobby for me. I'm lucky and privileged that this is my business, my passion, my heart, my career. It's so much like I'm not Taylor Dane. You know, if somebody said, if we took your voice away, what would you It would be rough as ship. But I still think.
Speaker 1: You put back on only fans.
Speaker 2: I mean I maybe go to the only fans.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I don't check our feed find or I've seen a feature. I don't know, Finn says.
Speaker 2: I will say, but you know, the pedicure has to be on.
Speaker 1: Oh duh, yeah, Finn says, and you.
Speaker 2: Said sloppy and messy. They want pig feet too. That's crazy.
Speaker 1: Well for those yeah, that's yeah, that's a whole different beast.
Speaker 2: Your children know this. That's sad. Of course, it's ridiculous.
Speaker 1: It's so crazy. Like if I like, we're talking about this and you're inspiring me so much right now, and then I have to think about like, gosh, I started as your fan and I'm privileged enough to be friends with you, and it's just like what a fucking journey.
Speaker 2: Life is a concert? That's what we should do. Just go girl, let's go.
Speaker 1: To the ball. Scared of concerts, I'm not listen, that's the old me. My friend says, I'm Tory two point zero. Well, he said, I'm not.
Speaker 2: We'll go to a concert. Let's go to see something like yeah, that's where it's game on. Let's go see music.
Speaker 1: And I come on tour with you, eh?
Speaker 2: Can she come on tour?
Speaker 1: Mitch? It's not gladtch not glamorous, dude, you get it, I trust me, I get it.
Speaker 2: No, I know you don't stop. No, you don't stop. Well I have, I mean things have happened. I raised kids, you know, I've had moments and you know through medical I know. But you but no, what your brain doesn't stop.
Speaker 1: Your love of the game.
Speaker 2: I love of the game is very high.
Speaker 1: I love that. Did you have that moment when your kids were teenagers? When kids would come over and be like, do you know where your mom is?
Speaker 2: No, they'd go in the trophy room, and in the trophy room. My kids could give a shit, but there was a trophie room and they go in that trophy room and they only told me different times. I'd hear the trophy you mean like a war like mom. No, she goes, I watch your videos when you're in the nineties, like it's Cray Mom, like Cray of course they're so like West Coast and she goes, you sounded so like yeah, you know. I was like, wow, you watch my videos? Like you watch all these things, these interviews. They'll never tell you to your face they don't.
Speaker 1: Nah, my kids don't watch, but all you know how they know, like even like my twelve year old, Like if I said, oh, do you know Taylor Dane, he'd be like yes, because on TikTok all the like clips now are coming back in the music videos and the clips of me and I Know two and Oho and like scary movie. Like it's just yeah, no.
Speaker 2: It's great. It's great, and they'll educate you on my son. You is obviously big and he manages a lot of influencers. But he he's like, you need to do a duet with this guy. Look at this guy. And I'm like, right, guys, got like point eight million, I'm doing it. Tell him a right, nobody's naked. He goes, well, just do it in your version. Mom, you half the time you have no shirts on? Anyway, who are you kidding? And he's like, just get like, okay, they're on it.
Speaker 1: They're on the sickest body, Like, uh, legs for days. Not me, I'm little, little, but you got legs for days. Hell more than half your body or your.
Speaker 2: Leg There's something about that, like it's well proportion, like we we we work hard for it. Now. I eat accordingly. I work hard for it and because I feel better and I feel unstoppable. Strength is everything.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, where are you going next?
Speaker 2: I know you're going to nothing too crazy. I'm gonna go check on that ninety and ninety four year old, because that's my jam. I'm going to Florida. I have a place in Miami and my parents live in del Rey, So I do that. Bring pants just in case we need to fix some things immediately. You go right through everything. Oh I don't mess around with the old people. My girlfriend Celeste will be there.
Speaker 1: Bring them here.
Speaker 2: Dude, if you need help, I got you help.
Speaker 1: What kind of help?
Speaker 2: Help? Like anything around the house, like if you need help, like I exactly.
Speaker 1: I grew up in an a house where I didn't learn to and learn to do laundry. I wasn't taught any of that, you know, So and then I went into a marriage where he fixed everything and now I'm just left to do he I'm like, I don't want to fix a fucking light bulb.
Speaker 2: Yes you do.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, wait, I didn't realize that you did celebrity drag race.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh god it. I mean how I that the mic on for me because the rest of this is just choreography and dancing and that's not my jam. Like, I'm not gonna like no way a J McLean killed killed the room, put on all the boobies, the prosthetics. I was like, you are no crazy. I did it. Yeah, well ruise my leg years and years. What a supporter of human being? What a beautiful human?
Speaker 1: Yeah? He really great human?
Speaker 2: Great, she is amazing human being.
Speaker 1: So agreed.
Speaker 2: Yes, he calls me, I go, what's up? I'll do it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I should do that show. People say I look like a drag queen anyway, and I might as well.
Speaker 2: All of the balls or guest judge whatever, he's you know, that's family.
Speaker 1: We do it. And we both did mass singer very different.
Speaker 2: Versions because I loved it. I loved it.
Speaker 1: I loved it too.
Speaker 2: I loved it too. I mean, were you nervous because it's a different Oh, I am going pretty far. So it was past nervous because but like they start, when you first started, were you like, it's different thing in a mask behind something and the costume was genius, and I was like, dude, I'm just gonna we're gonna go down this list of songs and we're gonna kill it. No, not that kind of nervous, but being nervous on stage because everything was live my inside in this cannon. You know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess that's what I mean.
Speaker 2: That's just a different because my voice is everything to me. So I was like, this is blows. I'm singing out of my eyehole, like come on. And then, of course, you know, we're doing my vocals upstairs. But I was like, it got to a point where I got really like, guys, we have to use my pre record. Guys, we're using the live version here. Like it just I fell I almost fell off the you know, it's precarious, it's real deal. I loved it. It was very very competitive.
Speaker 1: I pre record, it's live. What do you mean?
Speaker 2: Yes, of course, but you always have to re record your vocals affair. You could fall off the stage at any minute. The smoke bomb. It's unbelievable. I get it.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, no I and I loved it because everyone has such preconceived notions about me, and as soon as it's oh, it's toy spelling, it's like, uh, you know, so I was like, oh, you know what, let's let's see what they think now if they don't know.
Speaker 2: What to me.
Speaker 1: Being spelling. I loved being the unicorn.
Speaker 2: Yeah, anonymity it is great. And they're great judges, They're just great people. We know them all for one hundred years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, like you beat up, like, you know.
Speaker 2: Come on corn popcorn pop pop pop. Yeah. I had a great time.
Speaker 1: Who won that season?
Speaker 2: It was me, Leanne and At Carter Nick Leanne one. Yeah, so we came down to the last three. Yeah, but the singers on that, I mean, that's a tough clen Nick Carter.
Speaker 1: I was like, what the hell, dude, Well, it's not like you lost to like an influencers.
Speaker 2: First of all. Yeah, you know it was, but Leanne what in her voice? It is so angelic. She's become a true artist. She's truly elevated, and you know, it's a joy to work with her. I saw her we did a thing at Carnegie Hall recently for Diane Warren and like it was weird because she and I were the original, you know, performers and singers of this song. You know, I did Love Will Lead You Back. It was like a thirty five year anniversary and she's there and Clive's there and then Leanne you know, did how to Well Live. You know, it was just pretty amazing. It was a beautiful night.
Speaker 1: So much and you're dancing. I love your dancing. Yeah, all right, I love this. Okay, one last question. All right, Taylor Dean, you have done everything. What is one thing you have never done that you want to do?
Speaker 2: Win an Academy Award for Best Original Song.
Speaker 1: Great, you just said it, you put it out there, you manifested it. It's happening.
Speaker 2: It's time.
Speaker 1: You mean you already won. That's what you're supposed to say.
Speaker 2: I already won.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you did. Just thank me your speech. Thank you. I love you and me.
Speaker 2: You're a manifesto. I love you, sweetheart, I love you.
Speaker 1: I love you very much. Okay, we're gaining together soon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Darcy is glue and I stay with her, so we'll go. Okay, perfect.
Speaker 1: I love you.
Speaker 2: You're beautiful. I love you too. Thank you for this time. Thank you guys.
Speaker 1: Friend.
Speaker 2: Bye, My love m