Speaker 1: What up, y'all. This is your main man, Memphis Bleak right here.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Rock Solid, a production of iHeart Radio and the Black Effect Network in partnership with my guys over at Drink Champs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, y'all, you already know what it is.
Speaker 2: Yours truly back with another exclusive rock Solid podcast.
Speaker 1: Told you like I said before, when you.
Speaker 2: See people up here that mean, name my dog a Solid and they spit us, you know, I got somebody special in the building, one of the young Harlem new guys coming up, putting in that pain.
Speaker 1: Before I even say his name, I want to.
Speaker 2: Give y'all a little story because when I first heard him, I called my man from State Property, nith Yo, it's a nigga in New York.
Speaker 1: Got your name?
Speaker 2: He like, Bleak you lying. I'm like, yo, bro, you're gonna have to do something about that. Said, let me listen to the nigga music. I call NIF back.
Speaker 1: I say, Yo, nif you got a problem my nigga. Sure he got some ship yo. I don't know, yo, what.
Speaker 2: We're gonna do. So I called my dog Cheach. He like, Yo, that's my man. And then I met him, and then that's that's how he became my dog. So let's welcome my god Nique Bucks to the building. Halem General putting in pain and if you ain't got that pen gang ready, don't step in the ring with guys like this because he'll make you feel small.
Speaker 1: You already know what his nek What up me?
Speaker 2: Bro?
Speaker 3: I appreciate you having me.
Speaker 2: No, my god, come on, man, you know I fucks with you, my nigga off camera.
Speaker 1: You know a lot of niggas think this should just be yo, call the doors. Let's get this.
Speaker 2: Nine niggas gonna off camera. We got a real relationship. You pull up in the yams hallm Brooklyn. I don't care where I'm at. You pulling up?
Speaker 4: You know I'm coming, Yeah, yeah, shout out to the restaurant in Vegas.
Speaker 3: There. You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: I forgot you pulled up the support the bro Roma kid out there putting it paid.
Speaker 1: That's what's up, my gee? So what's been up?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 3: Anything? Good?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 3: You know? I feel amazing. You know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Bro, just just gashing like I told you earlier. Man, same set up, no let up, that's right, same set up, no let up?
Speaker 2: Man. I let that I might still a yeah, no for sure. I don't know if it's copyright and publishing on that, but I'm jagging that one. But Joe, like, I wanted to ask you before we get into this, how like with the name thing, because when I first heard you, of course you know Neith being from State p being Rockefeller, and I'm like Niak Buck neath Buck, how did that happen?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 4: So you know, like, of course I ain't. I didn't name myself bro. You know when when when the Young Guns was coming up, I was a little younger, so you know what's so crazy. I never even knew neath name was Neith Buck. I always for me, being like young, I thought it was just Chris and neif you know what I mean, That's what I thought. But my real name is unique, so that's why I get the Nique from And then one of the big bros gave me the Nique bucks. He put the bucks on that because you know, nigga's young, getting too right, you know.
Speaker 3: What I mean? For sure?
Speaker 2: Now that's love fuck with and that's my dog. You know, we spoke about it, you know what I mean? He know you my dog and niggas definitely respect what you're doing. But let's start back man Harlem. You know what I mean, Harlem got a lot, a lot of pressure, a lot of pain out there. So what was it like being a young guy coming up with all that legendary shit that took place at Harlem trying to make your ma.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, look, I'm from the East Side. You know, I ain't grow up. I ain't one of them. I ain't one of them stories that had the cousin that had shit going on or the big brother that has like I had to really, you know, make a name for myself. So you know, this guy that I am today, you know it came from just observing, you know, learning, you know, understanding what's right and what's wrong.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean.
Speaker 4: I come from a legendary drug block, you know what I mean, Purple City Obsession crew, you know what I mean. That's that's like my background. And you know, but I just I just came outside. I know, I wanted to be who I am now, you know what I mean, And that's just solid, solid individual and you know, drumming to this music shit and make my mark.
Speaker 2: Bro shit, you're doing it, putting in pain. So before the rap ship became serious for you.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: What what were you focused on like back then as a shorty like because you know, we all ain't just started as a rapper like you know, some niggas had hoop dreams. Some niggas wanted to be artists. Some niggas was graffiti artists and break dancers in the dancing and ship like that. What was the vibe like before you even stepped foot.
Speaker 4: With the pet now, I was definitely one of them, the little niggas that had a hoop dream, you know what I mean. That's just what we used to do back in the day, just play all day.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. Sh I understood. I was small.
Speaker 4: I understood early like you know that ship won't going nowhere, you know what I mean. In a fact, I started sucking with the rap shit, you know, like I grew up watching niggas like you, you know what I mean, and make me like, man, I don't know, but that like even this right here and me saying with you right this is like a dream come true on some you know what I mean, Nigga honested to say that though you know what I mean, sitting here with you, you know, years later and being able to build and you know, call you one of my guys.
Speaker 2: Man, it's right right, you know that. Man, You know you can hit me whenever, my dog, I'm there. Man, let's ask a question. You remember the first time people in the neighborhood like your hood, your projects, your block started really like yo, you're a real artist, like you could take this shit serious.
Speaker 3: Yeah. It was probably like twenty fourteen.
Speaker 4: I had some shit called Summertime in Haulem and I did that joint. Then I put Ondo on the Remax and then it was up.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: You start like, you know, them dumb dumb, like them bitches from the hood that weren't noticing you, they.
Speaker 3: Start, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Once that shit started happening, you know what I mean, I'm like, okay, I'm here now, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: That's why I missed A one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I can already imagine.
Speaker 2: I was just coming to age value one. I thought I was hot because the chickens in the hood was on me. I'm sure I made it. It's all I had. So I got clipped and they had to realize, nah's more. Make it back for volume two. So at least you ain't lose your way.
Speaker 3: Nah, for sure.
Speaker 2: I mean you stayed grounded and stay grinded because me, I thought, oh they know me now I'm good.
Speaker 1: I don't need nothing else.
Speaker 4: It's so, I mean, then you had you had, you had, you know, you had like a group of people to look at and be like, yeah, I got it. You know what I'm saying, Like, Yo, look my ship, dope. I'm like the I'm like it was people who came before me. But ain't nobody do this ship on my level though? You know what I mean, Like to where I took it, you know what I mean, And that ship came from me building me, just building.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: We gonna get into that much ge like early tapes like L Batio Man, you know how you say al Barrio al Batio, I mean I'm from Spanish Hall of too, Yeah, I mean l Batio.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Started putting your name on the map in rotation and ship like that. What was the grind like back then? Putting that project together.
Speaker 4: Shout out to my big bros. Out he passed away. That's that's that's like, you know, that was that was that was my thing.
Speaker 3: That was my big bro.
Speaker 4: That was my you know, like you would probably look at hole, that's my whole you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: But he ain't rap and.
Speaker 4: He was there for every step of that he installed you know, I'm a beast in me just kept you know, feeding that energy to me and letting me know that I'm him. So, you know, me recording that project, I spent a lot of time with him. I'm still I'm still in the project that projects at that time, I'm just you know, soaking everything up and door and everything I'm going through in Yeah, bro, that's how that came.
Speaker 3: That's how that came about.
Speaker 1: You know, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: You definitely built a career in the catalog independent without major you know what I mean. And I respect that that you went straight from the ground up when you said I did this thing different, Nobody did it like me, Like I understand what that means. What But how can you explain that to these guys like, you know what I mean, not trying to get the major deal like everybody doing, just knowing like I'm a better on myself out the gate.
Speaker 4: I just understood that Tom Tom Toms was changing. And you know now now even even even a couple of years ago, it was turning.
Speaker 3: Into a viral thing.
Speaker 4: You gotta be viral, you gotta be a certain kind of person to get to the next level. I just wanted to stick with my guns. I wanted to stick with what I know. I'm a student in the student of the game. So the people who came with for me is who you know, I listened to it, who I'm interested in, So you know, it's one percent, like one percent of us, it ain't too many. And I just stuck with that, and I wanted to do what I wanted to do. I didn't really want to change too much. Yeah, y'are gonna rock with it or not.
Speaker 2: That's a fact that you got classics like records like Forever do Me Die Rich connected with myself, the streets, everybody. I feel like there was just breakthrough records like what did you realize in your sound at that moment that it was resonating?
Speaker 1: But all bey, all holler.
Speaker 4: Just when I started connecting with other people like the Lucis and the Dirks and you know, where's Khalif for two chains? You know, these these are like big names in the game. And once I was able to connect with them, I understood, like, oh nah, you know they're respecting the craft, you know what I mean. So this shit it's bigger than ever, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: That's a fact. You definitely got a major, major connection. Cause shout out Lucie when he came home. Man, I've seen he came down to New York.
Speaker 4: Yeah, do a dinner for my brother. You know he wanted he wanted them ones who you know. You know how New York is. It's hard to push through in New York and it always takes somebody from like out of town to come swoop somebody from the town and just you know, show the mother things and introduce you to the audience. And he was one of them early, you know what I mean, just coming to my hood shooting videos supporting.
Speaker 1: So was there a specific record would you say, co sign.
Speaker 2: Or a moment like you know what I mean, and anything that you felt like your name really rang in New York? Like what was that moment the way you knew like, oh shit, they fuck with me in New York.
Speaker 4: See, I can't even really pinpoint a record because I've always been like a body of.
Speaker 1: Work, dude, you like, yo, you go hard.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, so I think that people just respect it, like, oh nah, you know my grind more than a record. And I love that about myself because you know, sometimes you might be in the spot and you you might want to get a dj son to play, but you know, everybody might not know it, but you had that crowd that'd be like, Yo, you got me through this, you got me through that, Like yo you so ye'ah. I would just say, my body's at work. Not really a record, you know, because you.
Speaker 1: Go you you put out records like I ain't gonna fry.
Speaker 2: I know you probably sit on three thousand these records in the computer at.
Speaker 1: The trip, Like, Yo, what you want we going with next? Cause you don't stop GEO.
Speaker 2: Look, you got a new record, new video, And that's one thing I love about that.
Speaker 1: You y'all new young niggas.
Speaker 2: Y'all don't take it, don't You don't need that whole production to get a video done, y'all, Like, Yo, I got my man, I'm fly set up, let's shoot, we done put it out.
Speaker 1: Like that's dope, man.
Speaker 2: Like what you think of the impact of that, like being that aggressive? You think music can come to that point where you think you have to be every day.
Speaker 1: That consistent. You think that's necessary in music?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think it's necessary. I mean it depends on what kind of artists you want to be. If you want to be viral, you you you recall for that, but you want to do what I'm doing, and you want to don't want to skip them steps.
Speaker 3: You gotta be consistent.
Speaker 4: You gotta build that base, You gotta make sure people fuck with you, and you just gotta be solid because people. I feel like nowadays people feel that shit though. You can't. You can't cap your way through the game.
Speaker 1: Hell no, man, there's too much real ship.
Speaker 2: Like I said on social media Instagram, they looking at you, you know, when the record cut off, Let's see what he really into. Nig could go right to your socials Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and see whatever you're into.
Speaker 1: And no, he ain't really that, you know what I mean? They can tell you can't cap your way.
Speaker 3: Through this way way having it.
Speaker 2: Like working with artists like Davy shot out my god Davis to another Harlem general, you know what I mean, being a part of that Harlem conversation now, like you know what I mean, y'all like that. I feel like the two newest faces that I see. I know they got the young guy Fergie coming. Yeah, you know what I mean, he moving like and y'all all part of that conversation, like what does it feel like carrying that legacy from Harlem? Because like I said, it's a lot of legendary shit came.
Speaker 1: Out of all of them. Now.
Speaker 4: I feel amazing, you know, and no pressure, you know, like for me, I just I just feel like my part, my position in that is just to keep it as solid as possible, you know, keep the name firm when you speak on me. I don't want nothing goofy coming behind it because of where I'm from. I'm representing that, I'm waving that flag. So I just want to make sure with me when you when you speak on me, eight thing sturdy.
Speaker 2: You know, like a lot of artists today, right they drop music like I would say, I put myself in the shoes.
Speaker 1: I ain't gonna say nobody else I put myself.
Speaker 2: I never took the time to focus and pinpoint and locking who exactly my audience or.
Speaker 1: Fan base was. Like I said, it was no social media like you.
Speaker 2: You put out music, people heard it, They showed up to the shows, They showed up to the in stores.
Speaker 1: If not, that was it. I didn't have no other way to reach back out to this.
Speaker 2: Like an artist like yourself, Like you just said, Man, you got your core fan base, you know what they like? How to cater to them the merch they want, the records they want? How is that for new artists even building that up? What would you what advice would you give to another young artist that's trying to capitalize off his fan base.
Speaker 4: I mean, I would say, you gotta you gotta fuck with the people in learn the internet. You know, it got to be a balance of both. I think some people just base their career off the Internet, and you know, whatever I give the Internet is what you is what you get. But you gotta fuck with the people too. You gotta touch the people. People gotta know you solace so they could support you, you know what I mean. Like and I'm big on that. I'm big on I'm big on touching the people. You know, when I go to when I go to my parties and my shows, I try to, you know, get out to the crowd. Might walk to the bathroom, you know, on purpose, might not even got to use the bathroom. But I just want to walk through. You know what, I see what's going on. You can really fuck with me. These people pay that money to come see you, so you know everybody won't get the opportunity to get backstage. Right if you could get out there and touch the people and you know, fuck with them, they're gonna fuck with you back.
Speaker 3: It's love out there.
Speaker 2: Believe in that man life outside the velvet rope. Like I'm a firm believer. That's how I got a lot of connections. That's why, you know what I mean. I feel like you meet them people that really fuck with you and you and you could tap into that culture, that city, that country, that state, wherever you at. You know what I'm saying, and you need those boots on the ground to tell you what the movement is and a certain part of the life.
Speaker 4: Though you understand that though like I said, like shout out to my man seven Streams. I wanted to go chop it up with him, you know, not too long ago. But he he say, this thing is the one percent. It's only one percent of us, that's right, you know what I mean. I just still sticking to the cold and not even though not even against the cold, because I don't even want you know, I don't want to confuse the youngest like yo, the cold mean be a gangster in the rook. It's just about being solid, you know, the morals, values than principles, you know, showing up for yourself.
Speaker 2: That ain't here, that's going a lot of these young niggas don't even care about morals and principles. Man. They just think about fly Let me get fly, let me get a bit, and let me impress the homies.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 2: Ain't no morals, ain't no principles. And I feel like they just need guidance, man, because the ogs want to be young niggas, a lot of them, not all of them. A lot of these ogs, I still want to be the young boys.
Speaker 1: It's like you got it. It's okay man.
Speaker 3: That crisis man.
Speaker 2: He said we wouldn't get older. We had that embrace it. Hear that gang back and you know what I mean. I feel like, if you're OG sending young niggas down the wrong path, you ain't OG.
Speaker 1: You're just a stupid old nigga.
Speaker 3: That's all you word up like that, just a.
Speaker 1: Stupid old nigga.
Speaker 2: Because if you've been down them paths, and you're gonna send another nigga down them paths knowing what it leads to.
Speaker 1: Ain't nothing o g about that. It is You're just an old guy.
Speaker 3: Ain't gonna lie. A lot of that, A lot of that.
Speaker 4: That's good that you know we even touched on the subject because you know, when people tap into these podcasts, they.
Speaker 1: Need to hit us.
Speaker 4: They need to get that game. You know a lot of people ain't giving that. Giving that game. You know it's coming from somebody that's credible and been through it.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I would never stay young nigga down the path of no success or knowing it's only two results.
Speaker 1: Man, you know what I mean, It's no wins, it's only losses.
Speaker 2: Like you know what I mean, Like it's so much loss like even in the street, bro, Like it's a lot of successful niggas who put pain in in the street. But I bet you you act any successful gangster nigga who really lived that life. I bet you the losses he took to be who he is, he'd give all that shit back to be normal and get all his homies back, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Like that's real shit, Like it's a lot of shit. We go through. Niggas don't know, man, like fuck that.
Speaker 2: But yo, like every independent artist hit moments with things, you know, feel like they slowed down, like you know what I mean, And it don't go as planned like they panned out because you could put a plan on paper, execute it, and the results don't come out as you wanted them, as you hoped, you know what I mean. What's been the toughest stretch in the game.
Speaker 1: You say for yourself?
Speaker 4: I think I think, like I said, we was speaking like we was touching on earlier, just me sticking to my guns. And you know, like time's changed, the game get younger, you know what I mean, and you might somebody might come through with a record when you feel like when you right there, when it's your time, somebody might come through with a record and then all the attention shift that way. But you know, that shit built tough skin going through that shit, and you become who you are. So I feel like, even when not happened, I'm still who I am.
Speaker 1: That's right, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: I still I still wake up they get it a bag. I still got my fan base that I built over the years, and man, this shit ain't never stopping.
Speaker 3: We sit going up.
Speaker 2: I could relate to that because I dealt with it. Remember, I was the first artist on Rockefeller. There was nobody else like Source Money. When did his own thing? Jazz O?
Speaker 1: When did his own thing? And it was Jay and it was me? And then here come Beanie Seguel and everything changed. I hated the niggas.
Speaker 2: I hated him, but it was motivation to make me like, wait, I can't hate him to stay away and not work. I gotta learn why, why he's so. I had to love, so I went and studied with Seguel. I give him a lot of credit to the artist I became because I used the motivation of what he brought to fuel what I had. You know what I'm saying. So I would never take that away. That nigga was super nice. So I know what you mean when the artists come with that record and it feel like everything shifts that way, but you're still right here. You can never lose motivation. All you could do is be inspired.
Speaker 3: And keep going with your ship.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean, Yo, That's what I'm saying that things like this shit is like whatever I'm supposed to do.
Speaker 4: And even look even even anybody that came with beings like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, niggas is animals, Chris mean free all sparks. Niggas was animals. The Niggas was dogs. Yeah, but that's what I mean. Like when you hear being say still shop and still, that's the fact.
Speaker 4: Bro.
Speaker 1: He was in that studio putting in pain. And if you didn't.
Speaker 2: It's sad to say, but real talk, if you didn't really put in that pressure, you didn't get those studio times. Remember it's only two rooms in baseline A and b room. J had the A room all day. So we fought for that b room and that b room. You wasn't You couldn't be in there playing with balls. You had to spit that ship or go play some go play some pool, play some two K do something next man up like word up. Niggas did not play that going in there. You sitting in here ten hours, they can't think of nothing. Okay, Well go sit over there. You in there and there like words. So what's the right what did you say? What's the vision right now for Nique Bucks, both the artists and the brand.
Speaker 4: Shit man, yo, look like I said earlier, Shit bigger than ever man Like, right now I got I'm in Allentown, PA. I got a right yeah, yeah, I got a juice ball. I just opened my studio Carpound studios out there.
Speaker 2: In a Yeah, that's what sung. Gotta come fuck with you, man. The SAMs owed me some money.
Speaker 3: Yeah, put up now you go.
Speaker 4: So look, I just I just opened up my studio Allentown called the Compound, and then it's a three story building downstairs. I'm opening the juice ball. I'm gonna announce my my grint opening once I clear this last permit, you know what I mean. But hopefully if you ain't doing shit, you know, come through, pull.
Speaker 1: Me up a Allentown right there, they got the low key airport.
Speaker 2: Straight to the no nigga gotta make moves, man, they got the low key airport.
Speaker 1: That's dope.
Speaker 4: But that's just a little sign of what's next to me. Of course, you know we're gonna we're putting the music out of the music go hand and stopping with that show. But you know, I'm just learning how to be a better hustler. You know, that's just just the right way, the correct.
Speaker 1: Way you doing it. I could say out a lot of the young artists.
Speaker 2: You one of the first I see showing you investing because I remember when you first posted you bought a building. You know, I'm like, that's how you do it, you know what I mean, that's how you do it. That's the play to go. Like real estate, it's three things that you are never losing in the world that's always needed.
Speaker 1: Food, real estate, clothing. For sure, there's three things people gonna need to the day they die.
Speaker 2: So you get the right building, you serve the right recipe, you get the right clothing.
Speaker 4: It's over in the song like Things I've Been Through. It's a song called Things I've Been Through. He said a line like, once they let you in, you're supposed to keep though I can't give you the formula and morning though, that line right there is stuck with me.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: On once they let you in a little bit, once they give you the check, whatever they give you, you know what I mean, You're supposed to keep it after that.
Speaker 1: That's a fact, man, that's just my model.
Speaker 2: So what would you say at this point in your career, Well, the game taught you about patience and tim man.
Speaker 4: I see people come and go, you know, I see people come and go. So with that being said, you know you stay patient. Your time gonna come eventually, I see mad people. Time come, whether it's you know, whether it's late, whether it's early, Your time gonna come.
Speaker 3: Patient and be ready.
Speaker 2: Yeah, projects like that Al Barrio three joint, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: How that's the latest joint you say you drop? That shows growth?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean? Perspective? What are your most focused on? What are you most focused on at this point in your career? Like where you want the music to take you now?
Speaker 3: You know, like right now, I want I want I want.
Speaker 4: The music to just for I can say it like this, right now, the music probably like just a little hobby for me now, you know what I'm saying. It's still like business. I still love it. I still put my old into it. But I'm just my mind just so open. It's so many different things because you know, social media just you know, they introduce you to a lot different ways to get to the bag, different ways to rebrand yourself. So you know, I can't just fully be focused on one thing. You know, just as an entrepreneur, you never fully focused on one thing. So the music is just one of many things you know that I that I love to do and I'm good.
Speaker 1: At New York.
Speaker 2: Like where we rank New York hip hop right now? Man in the world, you know what I mean? Of course, Atlanta doing anything. You got the West Coast been doing anything. The South been in Miami, the South, Atlanta, you got Saint Louis. Everybody been putting pressure Memphis right now. What you think New York got on that stef Man ship.
Speaker 4: Man, I say, if it wasn't for niggas like me, like this should have be finished, That's what I say. I'm respectfully though, you know what I mean. I just feel like, you know, this should change niggas. Niggas turn into groupies, you know, like dick riders and sh like that.
Speaker 3: For real. I'm being honest though, Yeah, not real shit though.
Speaker 4: I just feel like, you know, the way this ship going and niggas be deevers, you know what.
Speaker 1: I mean, Like that's a fact.
Speaker 3: It ain't too many years, bro.
Speaker 1: You can't ad to come before the bag.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I can't say too much good things about it, you know, like like even like the old g's and ship, you know, they they kind of stepping away from it and getting in the podcasting. If you looking at you know, all the big dogs and ship everybody, a lot of people.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't know he brought me into this ship, don't know, Yo, niggas gassed me up to do this.
Speaker 4: I don't think no, no, no, no, you know, I don't me.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't even sit down with you if I felt like that about you.
Speaker 2: With you, with you, but just for that, niggas out that that's still a burn yard.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, you're not real shit though.
Speaker 4: But I just feel like, you know, like even even even though G's kind of washed their hands with this ship a little bit, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I think it's the politics of it. While we're not the not the love of the music. I just feel like me from a New York person, I think we lost our identity, you know what I mean, Like a lot of New Yorkers, I be like, you're from no Way, no Way, You're from Nigga like world, You're from over here, like fucking lion. So that's what I think it is, Like we lost our identity. We fell in love with just one sound, and you know, the drill music.
Speaker 1: I love it. I fuck with all the drill shit that ship, don't you know? It don't fill up around.
Speaker 4: Look, I gotta, I gotta. I got a thousand little bit from my block. That dude drill right well that I'll be telling them though, right, Like, see, I can't promote the ship, you feel me, because that'd be that'd be me, you know, being a hypocrite.
Speaker 3: You know what I could do. I could pay for the studio though, that's right, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: I could put you in there. But I can't. I can't. I'm not promoting that ship, but I pay for the studio. Yeah, but you know what I'm saying. But why drill? Why list?
Speaker 1: That's what they know.
Speaker 3: How to do. I just look at that. I like that style.
Speaker 1: I like the style of the music. But why gotta be an actual crime?
Speaker 2: Like why it can't be your such split a hot verse? Why gotta be an actual move he did for it to be drilled, that's without my old braincare process of the young boys that it had. It. Like if I go into crib right now, just right, a rhyme over a drill beat, it's not drilled unless I really did it.
Speaker 4: So I'm saying, look back in the days, back in the days, right look, you're saying niggas wasn't really rapping what they.
Speaker 1: Was, No, we were selling drugs.
Speaker 2: When you hear me say blue tops, yellow tops, yeah, thirty four tajma holes. I took crackheads id the first and fifty.
Speaker 1: That's all fat.
Speaker 2: But you didn't have to say that for it to be considered rap. This is what I'm saying. That was just me expressing my life today. I feel like, if it's not a real crime, it's not drill. If I ain't smoking on you in the pack for real, like you in the air, it's not drill. I just want to know why why nigga just can't make that hypothetical. He's spinning and he really never spun and be lick.
Speaker 4: Niggas ain't having that, ain't having that.
Speaker 2: Like the fake drill, it's no fake hip hop unless you just don't know your your you know what I mean, the ancestry, Like you don't know the history of hip hop and you just jumping and shit thinking, oh I'm gonna get a bag real quick, then yeah, you fake it. But you it's no way you're gonna learn how to rhyme to a beat.
Speaker 1: Make you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Poetry on paper in this and you consider it fake like that shit.
Speaker 1: Just don't make sense to me, Like shit, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Like that's where I feel like we losing our creativity, like it has to be real for that to be real, we losing our artists.
Speaker 1: You nigga's going to jail to day. What's the latest record?
Speaker 2: Then this crime just happened that this shit just came up on my fucking what's the on my app?
Speaker 1: Citizens shit just popped.
Speaker 3: Up and he rapped about it.
Speaker 2: Go get now we don't get another record, and now it's no more music real shit.
Speaker 4: So I'll be telling I'll be telling him though, I tell him that shit all the time. That's that's my position in this ship now though, you know, is to get a game. You know that's just gonna listen to it or now. But I did my part.
Speaker 2: But one thing about that, you are young boy, So it's like it's kind of hard to look another nigga the same ages you and I and give him game because I'm not gonna lie back and I'm putting myself now back in the day, little bleak. I'm in the stool, beans or freeway. Anybody like, Yo, you're willing you shouldn't be going to the club like that, you're sure you should be doing. I'll be looking at niggas like you don't get.
Speaker 4: The fuck out right right.
Speaker 1: But that's just natural because you're the same age of the older niggas.
Speaker 2: Say a nigga gonna be like they're not maybe maybe then Back then, no, you knew. It wasn't no squares like that's the thing today, right, everybody look alike. When I was a shorty, it were groups of people. There was the backpack kids that you know what I mean, they hung out, did they skateboard thing, wild out doing you know, on some break dancing ship doing that. You had the graffiti niggas who was on that spray can shit. You had the drug dealers, you had the niggas. It was a style that don't even exist no more.
Speaker 1: It ain't even know GQ niggas out here where they at.
Speaker 2: Because I wanted to be a GQ nigga back then, but my moms ain't no bread to get the polo boots and shit, so I had to be a street nigga.
Speaker 1: Couldn't be GQ.
Speaker 2: But that's what I'm saying. You had dumb niggas, the fly pretty boy niggas. You had the basketball niggas, you had the rapping niggas. Then you had the nigg back in the days for some reason. See they don't exist in your era. You even had ninjas. It was a group of niggas that walked the fence, wore open toe shoes through ninja stars.
Speaker 1: Nigga.
Speaker 2: I wanted to be a ninja too. We was outside, but it was groups of different shit. Now everybody just blended in one pair. Kasubi's or.
Speaker 1: And so on. Nigga throw fitted on.
Speaker 2: You don't know what he into this nigga be a painter, but he looked like he trapping yo straight up back though everybody looked the same, so that it is no identity anymore. I feel like that's where we gotta fix it. Like it's cool to be cool. So when you're giving this game to these young boys, I feel like they looking at you like you in the same position as me. For you to be a young boy, to give game the young boys, you gotta stand on the block that's higher than the block they on. You know, it's like preaching from the podium. You know, you can't preach from the from eye level. They ain't gonna listen. You gotta be higher and the ship you're doing. You see what you say, I'm opening up a juice bar. I bought a four story building and I got a building in Harlem. Like that's how you lead by example, my nigga, because a lot of niggas lead with this and they ain't never so to give.
Speaker 1: Out game and still have accomplishments. That's the fact. That's what these kids need to see.
Speaker 2: They need to see results because niggas will tell you a bunch of shit, but then it's like, what did you do with this information you just gave me?
Speaker 1: You still broke nigga out of my face, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So when you say a lot of the ogs ain't given, a lot of the og still trying to fix day mistakes.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Niggas ain't Niggas ain't the eighties like niggas did they thing, but niggas thought that she was gonna last forever. You know what I'm saying. A lot of niggas ain't prepared for today.
Speaker 3: That's a fact.
Speaker 2: And so everybody trying to find their way and it's like you just gotta identify what you want and what you are and get it. That's my game that anybody old, young, fugging eighty ninety's never too late to figure out your lane, and your lane's definitely this type of platform.
Speaker 1: That I built.
Speaker 2: Like I see it's we're hearing you talk the way you talk, because it took me twenty thirty years to talk like that.
Speaker 1: You talking like this already, young. I was forty five when I got it.
Speaker 2: When I realized, but I said, it's never too late. You got it early, so you know you got a superhead start.
Speaker 3: Real sit I ain't gonna I think have been.
Speaker 1: Through a lot early, you know what I'm saying, saying like.
Speaker 4: I understand, like I got shot twice bro the most crucial places though, adding the chest. Niggas don't come back from those, you know, like two separate times. So me just understanding. That's why I wake up every day and just chase the nigga. Technically ain't supposed to be here. I'm here, or you heard I'm I'm gonna. I'm gonna squash these niggas.
Speaker 2: I'm here, you fat, there's a reason, man, So what the next level for you look like man like, after this, like what you think the next step?
Speaker 1: Buck is going where you see yourself going? Next?
Speaker 4: Man, Man, just big dog status, bro, you know anything, just colossal anything, big dog status.
Speaker 3: What I mean by that, you know.
Speaker 4: It's just it's just it's just expanding, expanding the brand, expanding the team, you know, putting other people on, you know, just just just just helping. That's a real thing. You know, you got people gotta help more out here. Ain't too much help, selfishness too much.
Speaker 1: Everybody is just.
Speaker 4: Really enough for everybody in this ship though, you know, and you know, for the solid ones, not nobody who's gonna do. That's where shit and just understanding who people is. Just loving people for who they are, because that shit get in the way. People might see a floor on somebody and not be the end all be all, but nah, you gotta learn how to understand people and love them for who they are.
Speaker 1: And that's how we expand.
Speaker 2: That's right, man, Like, I ain't like one thing, Jeezy, I'll never forget man, Nigga Jeezy says some shit. Man niggas say your bliz man. You know one thing about the land of niggas man on the outside. Yr niggas think we love each other. You say yeah when they come down to get that bag, you my man. But once that record come on, go fuck. We all looking at your like, man, get the fuck out of it. But to get that bag, we gonna come together. And I remember looking at him like nigga and New York have no nigga like I kill you and the bag.
Speaker 1: You talk about. So wherever you say that.
Speaker 4: Nigga, be like, Yo, this shit wide open, getting wide open?
Speaker 3: How to getting wide open?
Speaker 4: You got niggas like Fergie Baby, got niggas like Ea, she got niggas like me.
Speaker 3: Push niggas through the door so we could bring more niggas through.
Speaker 4: But the game wide open, like y'all don't see niggas going crazy, you know, the game wide open.
Speaker 2: I think it's the you know, it's the thing niggas say, yo, the gatekeepers. I think niggas rely too much on radio. With radio don't dictate the movements anymore. Like think about it, right, Benny the Butcher, west Side Gun, all of them niggas, the whole Griselda them niggas on tour for six months, three months at a time.
Speaker 1: I never heard one record on the radio, right you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Smoke Thiszle on tour. I never heard the record on the radio. Fucking what's my man? Rock Marciano. Niggas consider him the guard of the shit. Never heard the record on the radio. Like I literally, these people, I gotta go and type their name in and hear their music and it's.
Speaker 1: Like, okay, this that ship right here, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So with that being said, Bro, it's nobody in New York that's gonna push you through with you. You know what I'm saying, There's no person that can do that shit. You know what's gonna do it consistency what you're doing, and heat that's undeniable.
Speaker 4: My nigga, we understand that ship now, we had no choice. But basically, what I'm trying to say is why nigga gotta go through all that? If you got you know what I mean? Look say, for example, HALLM niggas who got already in that position, you know, just say he the God, He the God, he the God, you push him through? He said the next No, this is the god that the guy should be a you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: But I'm gonna keep it real with how the niggas scared of they spy, Bro, they don't want you to come in and take their spot.
Speaker 1: My nigga.
Speaker 2: It's people out here actually say this ship like, I'm not helping niggas. Then they take my spot. Then what I'm supposed to do? You know what you're supposed to do?
Speaker 1: Grow, nigga? The fuck you mean what I'm supposed to do? You're gonna stay in the same spot forever.
Speaker 2: It gotta be the next man up and you move on to the next thing that's cooking or reinvent some shit.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: And I don't fuck with those type of guys, bro, Like niggas who's scared, who protect what they think they own.
Speaker 1: Because we don't own this shit.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: Success is not own. My nigga's rented and rent is due every day, my nigga. That's a fact. It's a tab on this shit every day.
Speaker 2: And the tie is no sleep, birthdays missed, celebrations and graduations and.
Speaker 1: Shit with your kids missed.
Speaker 2: Like I enjoy more with my son now than I did when he was a kid. Why I had to go on tour. I be back little nigga. You want them bikes and shit, or you want to eat sardines out the camp. So that's what success costs, man, It goes you your life, man, Like, you gotta really give your all of this shit to obtain it for real.
Speaker 1: It ain't just yo.
Speaker 2: Let me go get successful and go back to the block and party with the homies. Fuck no, that's the b roll her Like you got any music, you're working on, anything dropping?
Speaker 4: So I'm about to drop something with me and Khaki car you know, New York ship moving out here, dropping that joint. Then I'm gonna drop another junk with Luci. I got I got it in the bag, I got it, I got it ready.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hell yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: I've been I've been so busy on this fucking home, trying to get this building open, you know what.
Speaker 1: I mean, and working out.
Speaker 2: You gotta get with these young niggas too, man, job fucked up.
Speaker 1: I ain't getting the gym with you when we was young. Man, I'm old.
Speaker 2: Now and the young niggas got their ship together, so I'm gonna fuck with them. These niggas be in the park on the block, and you know it's safe because we didn't needed a gun.
Speaker 3: Back that ship. That ship real out there.
Speaker 4: But you know, I want niggas to look out the window and say your bucks out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, I love that ship. Man.
Speaker 2: Yah, niggas be out there putting it pay. I'll be watching you doing this ship, Smith and Wesson doing this ship, and you will see Jada kids get up there and do some other shipping.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, meths different diesel and a camera, Like, what's going on now?
Speaker 1: Niggas getting super powers here?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 4: You know, it's a lot of bullshit, but it's a lot of good shit going on.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, man, it's a lot of niggas. Man.
Speaker 2: That's why I did this platform buck just for ship like that, because I feel like it's a lot of negativity out here on niggas, and it's like, I don't want niggas to interview you because you did some.
Speaker 1: Some off the wall shit.
Speaker 2: You got caught with some chicken heads, or you clapped the nigga, or y'all jumped the nigga at the club, and now they want you on the platform. That shouldn't that shouldn't deserve And for niggas like y'all.
Speaker 1: Just off the work you put and should be on.
Speaker 2: You should be invited to all these platforms to promote what you're going on.
Speaker 1: Should have to be negativity for niggas.
Speaker 3: To know who you is definition of rock solid.
Speaker 2: While we hear my nigga like my brother, you know what it is, man, It's fucking rock solid. And if you don't know who nig buckets, you better fucking tap in e batio one, two and three is out. I checked out one and two. I didn't even know three was out, so you know I ain't capping no flags on these plays. We tapping in, Nigga, you know what it is, man, rock solid. Man got the homie. Make sure you know what it is and you lock in and get with it.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: Young niggas taking over respect their old niggas move out the fucking way. For more podcasts from iHeart Radio, visit iHeartRadio, app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows at and you can follow me on any social media platform under the name Memphis Bleak. You see anybody fraud and flag them