Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 3: Are you ready for a Break?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: Are you ready for a break? Absolutely? Ready for a break? Yeah, and so much for that.
Speaker 1: It's time for the Break on Dallas Cowboys dot Com.
Speaker 3: With mbar Garcia.
Speaker 4: Brian brought us Nick Harris and Derek Eagleton.
Speaker 5: Welcome into the Break presented by l g O led Evo. I am your host for the first time, Nick Harris alongside Vochlum Already Bryant brought us.
Speaker 6: We're about to get crazy up in here.
Speaker 5: I think all the bosses are out of the building getting ready for schedule release. So we're just gonna go until they cut us off and see what happens from here.
Speaker 7: I just want to make it incredibly clear, man. I don't work here, man, I just show up. I make airbody tune for watch party.
Speaker 2: He's going to read ads for us today. That'd be fun.
Speaker 7: That ain't true, man. I'm just here to make people smile. I don't even have a voice on the Big the Big Voice guy.
Speaker 3: They don't even say vas.
Speaker 2: Will. They figured out you're somewhat of a valuable piece The big test is.
Speaker 8: The big test is that guy's on vacation right now, so as soon as he gets back, you'll have one.
Speaker 3: I'm on vacation too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll see. Well, the test is to see if you can do this. Read. If that's the case, you get your name mentioned.
Speaker 7: See what you gotta do is butcher it purposely. Yeah, and then enough ask you to do it again. I don't want that.
Speaker 2: We had some coaches that did that in my life. We sent them on missions to do stuff and they messed it up so bad we never asked him to do it again.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna cuss Nick Harris hosting.
Speaker 1: Sorry.
Speaker 5: We took all the rails and that was that what Bill Parcells was expecting when he sit you down in New York to get the.
Speaker 2: No no, no no man. When I when I had to go to New York that time, that was actually pretty that was interesting. But we shod a coach one time in Green Bay to go sit with a player after the draft, Like we were really interested in this player at UCLA and we were not going to draft it, but we wanted to show that, hey, we really cared about him, and we sent a coach and the coach. You know, he got to the airport and like, hey, do you get it all done? He goes, no, the Jets came in and got the guy. And We're like, with the Jets there with him, and he goes, no, no, he just you know, the kid wanted to go the Jets. So and I'm like, you didn't recruit him or anything like that. So naw, that coach, he screwed it up so bad that we never asked him to do anything ever again. So mission accomplished if he never wanted to do it again.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's got a happier wife at home, probably, yeah.
Speaker 2: Probably.
Speaker 5: So we got some schedule release things to talk about, guys. Oh do we nick it is?
Speaker 3: It is fun.
Speaker 6: Seventeen game schedule coming out tonight.
Speaker 5: I wish they would all just do it at one time, but we're going to ease it out and just tease it the whole day and eventually we'll get the whole thing.
Speaker 6: Whenever it does happen.
Speaker 2: It's the game now. It's a game to try and figure it out.
Speaker 6: It really is.
Speaker 5: Four games have been released, either officially from the NFL or reported.
Speaker 6: We can talk about the opening game. Let's start with that.
Speaker 5: Against the Philadelphia Eagles in Philadelphia Thursday Night Football NBC. Uh, they're gonna see the banner go up at Lincoln Financial Field.
Speaker 6: What are you all thoughts on this?
Speaker 2: Keeping I'm keeping the team in the locker room the whole time this is going on.
Speaker 6: No, that's kind of soft. You can't do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not coming out there for that. I'm not you can. You can drop that banner and fire the fireworks and all that, and then we'll come running out after that.
Speaker 5: I'd rather have the whole team on the sideline staring at it, looking at it happening.
Speaker 2: Well, of course you would, because you want a story out of this. You're gonna make some kind of story. You're gonna say the.
Speaker 6: Story would be if they stood in the locker room.
Speaker 3: That would be the start.
Speaker 2: I'm keeping my team in the locker room on this one.
Speaker 3: What would George Pickens do?
Speaker 6: We don't want to know.
Speaker 3: I want to know.
Speaker 2: I think George Pickens go out there and cause problems.
Speaker 7: I think the whole team should adopt that type of mentality for real, because I'm just.
Speaker 2: Now, what what would George Pickens do?
Speaker 7: I don't have anything positive to say about the schedule release that particular. But I mean, but just if you're there week one, at least we know Dek is healthy, all right, cool, Dek's yeah, and not going ceramic? What is this plastic glass or whatever? Hey, you know Deck should be healthy week won. So at least we get a healthy deck Eagles game or whatever. Man, But I don't really care about the banners coming down. The biggest hurt was back in February and January with that, you know, so I'm past being upset about the Eagles dropping banner.
Speaker 3: It is what it is.
Speaker 7: But I got four, and I feel good about four going into all those games.
Speaker 6: I think there's a lot of positives to draw on. You talk about being healthy going in a Week one.
Speaker 2: You gave up on the banner thing real quick, didn't you.
Speaker 5: If well, I'm saying there are positives to draw up on. Whenever you look at the game itself. They are healthy as long as preseason doesn't jeopardize that.
Speaker 6: We've seen that happen in the past, for sure.
Speaker 5: But also, it's gonna be good weather in September in Philadelphia, and you take that for what it is. I think whenever we saw that Philadelphia game on the schedule last year and saw December twenty eighth or whatever it was, we expected a snowstorm, ended up being a beautiful day in Philadelphia. But nevertheless, that certainly helps at the end.
Speaker 2: Of the day, Nick, I will tell you this, I think the Cowboys have an advantage in one area here going into this game, being it's gonna be week one and watch and I have talked about that as well on our show, the podcast that we do that We're doing all Right podcasts on YouTube. We talked about that that the Cowboys maybe have an advantage here with the new coaching staff. Kind of wanted to know your thoughts.
Speaker 5: On that that they have an advantage in the first game.
Speaker 2: Yep, because because a lot of the new that that that really the Eagles are you know, they're yeah, sure, you put so much into that first game and trying to get ready. But you know, with the Cowboys having a new coaching staff, with potentially with with Brian Schottenheimer being a play card, maybe you could get an idea on flues, but you don't have an idea of how he's going to use Micah Parsons and maybe Fowler and some others, and how he's going to play some coverages. I think that the Eagles might be flying a little bit blind here. Now maybe we could say the same thing about the Cowboys with a new offensive coordinator for them. But I kind of feel like though that that the Eagles might not know as much about you as maybe you will know about them in Week one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's that's pretty fair when you factor that in the fact that there's going to be a lot of there's not gonna be a lot of tape on what exactly the Cowboys are going to be doing early in the season with this new coaching staff.
Speaker 6: There's not a better team you can play in the Week one if you could choose.
Speaker 5: When you factor in that aspect of it, Hey, choose your opponent, I think you would choose the Eagles of seventeen times out of seventeen.
Speaker 7: Also, too, the Cowboys have a general idea of how to deal with those Eagles guys. Okay, this is how we've dealt with Brown over the years. You know, the wide receiver cord of the running backs of old line. This is how we kind of deal with those guys. I think the Cowboys would be they have such an opportunity here and I'm always poo pooring on the last administration play calling. As long as these wire receivers aren't just running a field and turning around at an eighty percent clip, that is not my opinion.
Speaker 3: That's the numbers. Brian Bros Looked it up for me.
Speaker 7: Eighty percent clip running, curls, hitches, just this repetitive offensive style or whatever. You can simply be much better by just broadening your offense. Clay dam is going to have a big hand in that. But then you finally have this idea. If I got two legit dudes on outside, I think it's going to open up everything, and then it's gonna get your run game going, and then it's gonna give fer back and then Jaya and Blue is going to be catching stuff. I don't think the Eagles have they well, I don't think they have not seen that from us. The Eagles kind of have this plan to where where we're gonna deal with CDN. What they'll do well, Ferguson is the next guy because Dak loves tight end. Dak bails out tight endor, he gets bailed out by tight end.
Speaker 3: Jake.
Speaker 7: Ferguson can't be the second read on defense. Now if you're the Eagles, so good luck to them figuring that out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, getting everybody healthy, It's it's gonna be a fun Week one match.
Speaker 2: Now your corner. So that's the question you're gonna about going in and how you're gonna I think there's a couple of questions, and well, well, you know, we've got time before we get some ta's mini camps things like that, before we get to Oxnard. But the left tackle spot, you know, that's going to be you know, a concern there. And now I know there's some people that kind of thinking about the matchups inside, you know, for the Cowboys, I'm not so much worried about that, you know, with the with now, I might be worried a little bit about what happens a defensive tackle with the one technique, But I just the focus for me right now is about that that left tackle spot and what's gonna happen at the one you.
Speaker 7: Know, Brian to that point, since Wenna have a real run down today, to that point, Brian shouts out to Nick Harris. He posts a lot of fantastic things on the social media's there, but what's the name of the Dallas hockey team?
Speaker 2: Because I'm not hot stars.
Speaker 7: Okay, So there's a viral clip going around about the stars and all that, and there's a lot of hubbub online that Cooper BB.
Speaker 3: Done got thick as hell and then think as hell he thick or not.
Speaker 7: But that's the point though, right the off season, get bigger, get stronger. But there's also a growing concern that they also saw guiding up there on the screen and Tyler Giton didn't look as thick as BB did. Now we're all looking for him to get bigger and stronger and all this kind of stuff. I don't know if you want to just swerve off topic like this, but that's kind of going around now. Is that something that you guys worry about since you mentioned since you mentioned tackling particular bran, if he came back bigger and stronger, we feel good about that. But he looked a little slim on screen there, like you're reading too much in it, or you're gonna wait until June is your life.
Speaker 5: I'll take your point and I'll tie it into the Eagles defensive line. Go ahead, let's go, and then answer that answer.
Speaker 2: No, no, go ahead, I think you're I think you're onto it.
Speaker 6: Go ahead, I'm saying. Answer with that, Oh.
Speaker 2: I see what you're saying. You know what, I I just think you're dealing with a guy that's never going to be big. I think he's a long limbed guy. I don't think he's ever going to be I think he's one of these guys it's probably not going to look sloppy, fat or anything like that. I think he's a long limbed guy. I'm not surely sure how much strength he can really really uh uh build onto his body. I think he can add some strength, but I think the way his limbs are and stuff, he's just too long. And yeah, they could work on things. The thing where his game is going to translate is how good of an athlete he is. And so you know, it's going to be about foot quickness, it's going to be about lenked, it's going to be about positioning. I don't think he's ever going to be a guy that's going to make you forget Tyron Smith. You know, I don't. I don't think he's ever going to play with that kind of power, but I think he could play with athletic ability. And so you know, we'll see what the Eagles and what they're going to do with their on the edges, you know, and having to replace a couple of guys there. We'll see how those matchups. I mean, they've got you know, Smith and guys like that. They could kind of rush, but you know, we'll you know, the thing with the thing with Tyler guy and I just don't think that he is going to ever be a swolled up guy. I just don't with the way his body type is, I don't believe that's going to be the case.
Speaker 5: We two home opener against the New York Giants. First look at Russell Wilson with the New York Giants as well as their new pass rushing weapon and Abdul Carter we got. We talked a lot about that guy on the Draft Show. It's a fun home home opener here. There's some new pieces in New York. Early thoughts on this.
Speaker 2: One, Well, you don't think Jackson Dart might win this thing off the jump.
Speaker 5: Off the jump. I don't think he wins it off the job. I don't think they would have investd.
Speaker 2: So you're thinking you're going to see Jackson Dart and Week fourteen or something like that.
Speaker 6: Probably probably if this thing gets really off the rails.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I you know what, I the one thing the Giants that we've we've talked about is, you know, how well they play inside. I think they've added some pieces along that defense, their offensive line. We'll see how that all plays out. The quarterback situation. The Cowboys have had some success against Russell Wilson in the past, you know, I think that, but we might be in a situation right now. I mean the one that always that scares me on their side on the offensive side of the ball, is that neighbors. You know, that's the one I think that that you know, we all need to kind of worry about there. But you know, gonna get a lot of targets. Just hasn't you know, hasn't had many opportunities to score touchdowns for them. So Week two is probably a good time to catch the Giants.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I don't. I don't look at the Giants in that kind of way. I think as long as the Cowboys.
Speaker 7: Are healthy in there doing what they need to do, I don't really see the Giants as a as a big issue. Uh, it'll be a fun game or whatever, but we could just kind of run back the previous topic or whatever. Hey, we're bigger and stronger in the middle, and I think that's going to be important for you. You know, Kavon and Abdul is probably gonna get you some problems on outside. You know, it depends, but I think you really want to keep Nexon Lawrence intap.
Speaker 2: But you know, it is what it It might be good, but you fake faced the giants early. If they got the young guys, like you said with with Carter and stuff, that maybe that he hasn't feared he won't fare out the pass rushing stuff until later on. Yeah, you're gonna get an opportunity to play them again, you know, in New York, and you know, we'll see. But sometimes with these rookies, it might take them two three games to kind of figure some things out. So yeah, it's it's that that would be kind of an advantage I think that you might have there.
Speaker 5: I'll tell you it's a hell of a task opening up against two divisional opponents in the first two weeks, two really good defensive lines. It's gonna be a task for Tyler Booker. I know we've talked about. In his introductory press conference, somebody asked, Hey, who are you most excited to go up against he said, Jalen Carter. He's gonna get that wish in week one, and then in week two he's gonna get a really talented defensive interior with guys like Dexter Lawrence, even Chauncey Golston back in back in the back in the fold as an opponent.
Speaker 6: So go ahead.
Speaker 7: I also said this two nick I was on the internet complaining about this, this is not the year to all right, Tyler Booker. You're a rookie, So you're gonna go over there with the threes and you're gonna work out with the threes, and you're gonna get limited reps because you got to earn your way around here. I think that'll be a very non nonsensical way to look at I think if you're an older coach, you maybe want to do that old that old thing.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 7: I think you're gonna need this guy. You're gonna need him. You're gonna need Donovan as a rotational pass rush. You're gonna need Jayaen Blue as a rotational runner. So I would rather those guys get as many reps with the ones as they can early. I need to know what Booker looks like versus Osa and Mizi day one because he's gonna have Jordan Davis and Jalen Carter day one, so I don't. I don't want him to mess around with.
Speaker 2: So you're against the whole earning the star thing, which I totally agree with you, but I just get everybody ready to play.
Speaker 7: Man, if you, if you Trey Shawn Holden, man earn your start because you literally got to go out there and play, no direspecting him, but you literally have to go out there and play and make plays to earn your start. I think that's different to where you take Tyler Booker that you need and say, all right, your first rep is gonna be Denzel Dacks, and in no disrespect to Denzel Dacks, but you.
Speaker 3: Got Jayalen Carter day one. Yeah, you know what I mean. So I think it's you drafted to these.
Speaker 2: Guys for a reason to play, play them, play him, don't don't. Don't act like it though, Okay, we need to they get more reps over there, No, they need the quality reps is what they need.
Speaker 5: And that's probably a question for Brian Schottenheimer's OTAs open up next week. I believe the first press conference will be next Tuesday. So you know, do these rookies have an initiation period. If they do, how long does that last does a carry into camp? Because clearly off these first two games, these guys are gonna have to be ready to go off the jump. And Tyler Guiden, it never really felt like he was ready last year, and no wonder how much of that was how he was used at camp. Now, BB, on the other hand, looked like he was ready early on.
Speaker 2: Your career.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he was.
Speaker 5: He was used the He was used the same way as Guyden was during camp as far as earning his spot and figuring out his role. So you wonder if it's just a case by case basis To.
Speaker 7: That point, though, Scheinenheimer can say what he want. He can be coaching pr Guy and say what he want, but when it comes to the actual reps, we need to see book up there first.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean to me, if the the the attention is like they're gonna they're gonna be really good, and like, oh, we got Hoffman, we got TJ. Bass, We've got all these guys that we want to awesome Richards, we want to try these Isaac Guard and all that fine, but the bottom line is the twelfth overall pick needs to be right there with the first line. I'm plugging playing that guy and going off to jump. I'm not gonna sit there and masquerade and worry about feelings this time. I'm trying to figure out this offensive line. And if you sit there and masquerade and act like that, oh, we got to give these veteran guys a shot and all that, then I think you're barking up the wrong tree.
Speaker 5: We're gonna take our first break when we come back. The Cowboys have been accustomed to playing on a holiday. How about two holiday games this year. We'll talk about both of them when we come back.
Speaker 2: This is the break.
Speaker 9: Todd thought it would be secure to jog in the cheetah Savannah. Todd believed the big Cat repellent he bought online was reliable. And now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has at and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew at and T five G. Fast reliable secure.
Speaker 4: Five D requires Campabal plan and device five G may not be available in your area.
Speaker 3: See add dot com slash five G for you fifty deals.
Speaker 8: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order. Plus Because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 10: Don't put off getting your oil change Dallas. Take five oil Change, a proud partner of the Cowboys, is faster than you think. They're so fast you don't even have to get out of your car. You can take advantage of take fives, stay in your car ten minute oil change at any of their locations across the Dallas area, and remember at take five you're stay in your car because they're faster than you think.
Speaker 3: That means you won't even have time.
Speaker 10: To show off if your best touchdown celebration. Take five the official oil change of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 6: From the field to the festivities.
Speaker 5: Lu Casey embodies the essence of luxury and tradition. Handcrafted with meticulous precision, each pair offers unmatched comfort and style. Stand tall while you're tailgating or cheering in the stands with the Dallas Cowboys Collection by Lucasey. Shop the collection today at the Lucasey Store at the Starn Frisco or online at Lucasey dot com.
Speaker 6: Lu Casey the official boot of the Dallas Cowboys and Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders.
Speaker 11: How do you tell the world about all the great gifts in the Yetti Store letter Rip Troy all.
Speaker 12: Right, folks, don't get started with the Yeddy, French Press and Joe Calby This Day's Hot for hours and French Press thirty four as for U six four for the cruise of Yety French Press. Put mixed waterproof bags, bags of waterproof somebersale waterproof, Devil's Waterprove bag bags forts most of waters.
Speaker 3: To get a waterprove Yetti bag, you gonta smell something cooking.
Speaker 12: New cast iron skillets may be passed down like Mama's recipes. Take a steak, cornback, cobbace, pot pie and potatoes. Next sobo with three sizes of the yetty cast iron skillets.
Speaker 4: Gear gifts and product experts visit the Yetti store on McKinney Street and at South Lake Town Square.
Speaker 6: Today Back to the.
Speaker 2: Break, l g O led Evo is the best TV in the game, But don't take our word for it. Votch Digital trends say that the l g O leed G four has the best picture quality they've ever seen. C for yourself at LG dot com o lead Evo.
Speaker 6: Welcome back to the Break. This is the second segment that was beautiful.
Speaker 2: Brian, I took it really slow.
Speaker 7: All my TVs are schedule l T LG l t E l G LG all all the TVs in my house are LG O led l T E s.
Speaker 6: You may as well have just read the read the read. It would have been a lot better.
Speaker 2: Than Yeah, you could do the next one for a T and T.
Speaker 6: A T and T one, it's it's three words.
Speaker 3: I don't work.
Speaker 5: I'm going to say we're eventually gonna get a watch to start reading some ads. All right, guys, two holiday games. We'll start with the first one that has been a fly reported by the league. Kansas City Chiefs against the Dallas Cowboys on Thanksgiving Day. I love this matchup for a multitude of reasons. One, these two franchises have always been distant cousins and a Chellow Texans. Dallas Texans started back in nineteen sixty, right in the same year that the Dallas Cowboys started. They were an AFL team. The Lamar Hunt family still has roots in Highland Park in the Dallas area. They still have grandchildren that live in the Dallas area, and now everybody gets to come together at and T Stadium on Thanksgiving Day. I just love the history around this. And then Patrick Mahomes, he's being an East Texas boy, grew up watching the Cowboys, I assume on Thanksgiving as well. So there's a lot of cool aspects of this matchup.
Speaker 7: Playing the Super Bowl winning the Super Bowl loser kind of sucks, don't it.
Speaker 3: Just you know what I'm saying, Playing.
Speaker 7: Both of these guys where the bad teams when we line up against them to get some easy win not this year.
Speaker 2: Not this year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, Kansas City is going to be the Panthers. That's it.
Speaker 7: I mean even they ran the ball on you a little bit of COVID years ago. But yeah, I mean, you know, it's a it's cool to be tested. And if I could just tie this all up in a boat, right content advice, here we go. At least we get a test in week one that'll get us ready for a game like this in week whatever it is, fourteen, fifteen and sixty and whatever it is. That makes me feel better that we're not just opening up the season with a trash can or you know, Cleveland Browns or something like that, and then the rest of the way we just terrible because we haven't been tested. I kind of like the idea that you play a tough team and by the time you get to the Chiefs, you go, hey, we've played tough teams already.
Speaker 3: So that's my take about the Chiefs.
Speaker 2: This team had one of the best drafts I thought from my standpoint, we were doing the Draft Show and things like that, when you talk about guys like Josh Simmons and Jalen Rolls Royal, So I'm really interested to see how the disadvantage here. I always look for the advantages and the disadvantages here. And usually when you play a team on Thanksgiving on that short week, depending on what happens the week before, it turns into prep work and do you have enough prep. This is not a common opponent. Sometimes you get whether the Commanders, the Giants, the Eagles. You know, it's one of those division teams. It's kind of a tradition on Thursday football to maybe be a little bit more of a team that you've seen in the division. So when it is a short week, the prep is you don't look as bad. I think both teams might be under it a little bit here though. I always just worry about playing a team you don't always play and then trying to prep with that. You know, the Kansas City Chiefs have a lot of weapons. I just talked about the draft. They're the team that's constantly winning the the you know, the AFC, playing in Super Bowls and stuff like that. You never know how that the season is going to play out till that point. There could be injuries along the way and a team you think is going to be very good all of a sudden loses their quarterback and then they're not as good as they need to be. But this is going to be a difficult one maybe for both teams because of the fact that it's not a common opponent, and it is a short week, and we've in the past, we've seen not a lot of practice time between Sunday and Thursday when that game's played.
Speaker 5: One of the first things that popped in my mind when I saw this game being scheduled, not only the hit, but the fact that the Marvin overshown might be back in time for this game. The current expectation is that he comes back mid season. I would anticipate that happens well before this game. I wouldn't expect this to be his first game back either, And then not too long after, he posted on his Instagram story, oh yeah, I'm active in this So that's gonna be a fun storyline to watch as we get ready for that Thanksgiving game.
Speaker 7: Would you guys rather play tough teams early in the season to kind of get used to playing tough teams and all that kind of stuff, or would you rather play him later in the season to where you're in mid season form and you're probably a little more used to what the Cowboys do, and you've built the Cowboy way at this point.
Speaker 2: There's a couple of ways it's going to go. If you'd have played the New Orleans Saints in Week fourteen, it would have probably been a W. But you play them in week two, that's a big l. It looks bad. Yeah, you play a play a team like the Cincinnati Bengals early in the year, you get a W. You played the Cincinnati Bengals late in the year, and I've seen this. I know, I think Sincena beat Dallas last time, but you know there's been times.
Speaker 3: Where they lose early.
Speaker 2: Punt you get in there, Yeah, yeah, exactly. You you're in a situation where you're you know, usually some of these teams you play very early, like like Cincinnati was the one team that just popped into my head of when you play them early, you seem to find a way to beat them, but when you play them late, they demolish you. So it kind of works both ways when you when you think about playing an early or playing a late depending on the quality of the team. Some of these teams have a track record of being slow starters. Jeez, I think, yeah, Dallas, how about Dallas, Dallas. The last few years, it's been a team that's been a little bit of a slow starter, you know, so teams later in the year, you know, might be not wanting to play the Cowboys that way.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Under underlying storyline of this game is the Peyton Hendershot revenge game. It's also the Eric Scott junior revenge game. Y'all remember him, Yeah, Southern, he.
Speaker 6: Went to Southern miss He was the Southern old man.
Speaker 3: Look once they leave, man, my brains is hender sad.
Speaker 5: Even the Hattiesburg guy over here, all right. The second Holiday game, which was a reported by good guy out in Washington, DC, Kevin Sheehan, he works on radio station out there in DC, since confirmed by the fort Ward Star Telegram, the Dallas Cowboys will travel to the nation's capital to take on the Washington Commanders on Christmas Day. Dallas has played on Christmas Day five times in the team sixty four year history. Last one was in twenty ten. That if you remember that, that's the David Beeler extra point game against the Arizona Cardinals. But early thoughts on this one and playing on Christmas.
Speaker 7: I have a hard time respecting teams that can't beat backup quarterbacks for the Dallas Cowboys, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So the Washington.
Speaker 7: Football whiz and look, this could be you know, rivalry visit. Because I am a fan. I'm not a reporter or a be riting that like that. I'm I'm just a fan on the microphone here. You know, I just think that the Washington Football Wizards are just gonna take.
Speaker 3: A little bit back.
Speaker 7: You know, I don't wizards, well that's what I call because I don't respect another calling commanders now. But I just think that, you know, rookie quarterbacks, they have advantages as rookie quarterbacks, but we have to see what they look like as year two quarterbacks, and they take me to look a little different. So the Washington Football Wars are going to have to show me in year two before I respect them too too much.
Speaker 3: But it should be a fun game. It's expected to be a fun game, so we'll see.
Speaker 2: Yeah, another Thursday game though for the Cowboys there, but here's now a division opponent, you know, a very very difficult time. The Cowboys are used to playing that Thanksgiving Day game and used to practicing during the holidays and things like that. That's you know, Christmas time is different for a lot of players. A lot of these guys have young kids, you know, young families and stuff like that, and so all of a sudden is your focus where it needs to be. This game could be huge when it comes to division standings and maybe playoff scene, depending on what happens with the Eagles, what happens with the Commanders, what happens with the Cowboys. This could be the difference between you maybe being the division winner or the leader and going into the last week or so, or you being a team that's now gonna need help. So short week again on a Thursday, holidays with the family situations and stuff like that. What you do worry about, though, is if the season is done, then this is a game that's gonna mean absolutely nothing, because you know the players will they'll focus on, yeah, we're gonna play the game, but you know, we've we've got family things and stuff and that we're trying just to play out the string. Or it could be one of the biggest games of the year. And so that's the great mystery about this particular game. But again, another game on Thursday. It always kind of bothers me in that way.
Speaker 6: A couple things to note about this one.
Speaker 5: The Commanders will be playing the Eagles just five days before this game.
Speaker 2: There is soo's gonna be a tough stretch for them.
Speaker 5: It's gonna be hot, It's gonna be a tough stretch for them. This is the next to last week of the season. You'll be going into the final weekuh with with the many buy basically which by process of elimination, we can rule that the Cowboys will be playing at thes in week eighteen, so they'll get good ten days of rest before.
Speaker 6: That final game against the Giants at midlife.
Speaker 3: Yeah sounds good. Yeah, well, you know, yeah whatever.
Speaker 6: That's how I feel about schedule release.
Speaker 5: I don't I have Nothing's like, you got to play the teams at some point, you know, it's.
Speaker 2: Well in what order you play them in, I think does make a little bit of a difference. And I think the schedule, I think they sure this is all really created for TVs and matchups and doubleheader weekends and you know, make sure that Amazon has a good Thursday night game because they're spending a billion dollars on this stuff. But it you know, as as a guy in the former front office. You know, you look at this, You're like thinking, Okay, what shape is my team going to be in? You know, when we're having to play games on on you know, you know, the one thing I always appreciated was the old Sunday noon game that that, to me, is as good as it gets. But now the Cowboys, with the way the popularity of course has been for you know, the whole time is you know, you're looking at a team that plays on all these different nights in different days, and it you know, it could, it could. It could cause some problems, you know, with your team, and is your team good enough to be able to get through and navigate the good ones? Can't? You know, we'll see with the new coaching staff, can they navigate The one thing that I do respect about what Mike Mike McCarthy did. It did appear in news games. And I'm sure somebody's gonna kill me for saying this, but it did appear that those games did it. Whether it was a Thursday game or whatever. They they were ready to play. We'll see if Brian Schottenheimer and his guys can can do the same thing.
Speaker 5: Brian, remind me, were you in the building in twenty ten. Yes, do you remember the Cardinals Christmas game? And yes, memory stand out about that.
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Uh did Romo hurt his hand in that game? Or do we break a foot? A punter break a foot with that?
Speaker 5: That was a different Cardinals game. I think this one was the David Beeler extra point game.
Speaker 2: See, I don't remember. I don't remember exactly how we got down to that. Did we miss the extra point there?
Speaker 5: Would we miss the extra point with like less than a minute ago that would have tied it.
Speaker 6: And put it in overtime?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I remember there seven twenty six.
Speaker 2: There were some crazy There were some crazy cowboy games where Tony Romo busted up his finger and won. I think, uh, there was a game where where Mcat McBriar broke his foot in the game. I was thinking that they are all kind of run together that way.
Speaker 3: He was watching the game. How are you when that game was?
Speaker 6: It was ten years old? Yeah, yeah, here's what happened.
Speaker 5: It was a touchdown with a minute forty seven to go up twenty six twenty four, David Bieler missed the extra point and then the Cardinals kick the game winning field goal. What's ten seconds left? Twenty seven, twenty six. Yeah, and they dominated that game. They just turned the ball over three times and that was That was a tough part of it.
Speaker 2: But it's curious hard to play in the desert. We've kind of figured that out, man. That just whether whether it's the old Cardinals that Sun Devil Stadium or the new place, it's not a very good place for the Cowboys to play.
Speaker 5: Would you qualify Mexico City as the desert? The misspent reality in twenty twenty six?
Speaker 2: Are you looking for It's not like you're looking forward to that game.
Speaker 6: I am. I I would love that if that ends up being the case, and it could be the Cardinals.
Speaker 2: Who knows, okay of disappointed for London folk folk overseas or UK folks that they didn't get the Jets, But I can understand the Jets not wanting to give up. I don't know how if you're you know, Jets ownership, and every time you see the Cowboys show up with against the game against the Giants that you know, good chunk of the stadium has Cowboy fans in it. If your Jets ownership, I wouldn't want to give that game up either, But I feel bad for our folks over the UK, Cowboy fans and stuff, because they they In twenty fourteen we played Jacksonville over there. One of the greatest NFL experiences I've ever had in my life, with just the fans and the atmosphere and all that. It's a shame that the Jets didn't give up that game.
Speaker 5: There's a lot of them and now the Cowboys have the longest dro out of any team in the NFL. As far as going international, the Steelers previously had that, but they're going to Doublin this year.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Dan Rooney was an ambassador I think, to Ireland. So that's why there's the Rooney family has ties. Of course with the last name Rooney, you're gonna have ties to Ireland.
Speaker 6: I was talking about.
Speaker 5: I was talking about the international possibilities in twenty twenty six on Twitter yesterday and our good friend Laurie Harresh, whore you introduced to me at camp, is a dear guy, he reminded me, and it's a it's a very valid point. The Rams are the home team for the game in Melbourne, Australia next year. The Cowboys are scheduled to play at the Rams next year. So that is that is a possibility. It's a consideration for the league to potentially go down.
Speaker 2: On the well, see, I you know what that is like that like that. No, it's a long, long, long trip. But hey, but you know what this this team is, this team has done over the years. I mean just go back through the history of the international game and what tech Shram was able to do, you know, in the eighties and stuff, and preseason games and now to the point where we play games you know, South America. I mean, I would not be surprised if we see a game in Asia here pretty soon.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Japan would be fun. The Cowboys have played preseason games in total, they have they.
Speaker 2: Played that believe it was Atlanta Falcons. I was scouting a game with the Giants on preseason game. But that was a that was a crazy trip that they went on to just to go play that game against Atlanta, and I believe it. The Tokyo don't.
Speaker 7: So if they play over there, do we have to wake up at two in the morning the Western game or do they play at midnight?
Speaker 2: No, No, we gotta, we gotta We're gonna have to wake up early to wake.
Speaker 5: That'll be the case in Australia too. Well, yeah, that's gonna be fast. Absolutely, yeah, that's gonna be really fascinating. All right, we're gonna take our final break when we come back. We're just gonna let vatch riff.
Speaker 6: This is the break.
Speaker 3: That's awesome. I want that.
Speaker 4: If you can't be at the stadium, there's no better way to watch your cowboys.
Speaker 3: Than on an lg O lead Evo TV.
Speaker 4: That's because everything you see is more lifelike, every play, every hit. I mean, you might just will be on the sidelines.
Speaker 3: That's how clear it is.
Speaker 4: It's all thanks to LG's legendary technology, perfect black, over eight point three million self lit pixels.
Speaker 3: No one comes close.
Speaker 4: Lg O led Evo is the best TV in the game for a reason. See for yourself at LG dot com slash o lead Evo.
Speaker 1: They say champions are remembered, but legends are never forgotten. United Agin Turf offers a winning lineup of John Dear equipment built to tackle.
Speaker 3: Any challenge on and off the feet.
Speaker 1: Legendary John Deere Tractors combines residential mowers, commercial mowers, compact construction equipment, hater utility vehicles, and a full line of golf and sports turf equipment. United Agon Turf the official Agon turf equipment supplier of the Dallas Cowboys. Visit United Dagonturf dot com to find a location near you.
Speaker 5: If you shout how about them Cowboys, you have that undeniable passion that's the heart of Cowboys Nation. And if you like to drink Doctor Pepper, you love the unique blend of its twenty three flavors. Together, you're one of a kind fandom paired with the one of a kind taste of a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper is the game day lineup that can't be beat better yet, Gather your Cowboys and Doctor Pepper fan friends to watch the next game and crack open a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper for everyone.
Speaker 6: The wins will be even tastier.
Speaker 3: It's a pepper thing, and we're going to overtime. Erica, how much have I spent on Concessions?
Speaker 11: For questions about their money, Dallas Cowboys fans can turn to Erica, the virtual financial Assistant in the Bank of America mobile banking app. Learn more at Bankfamerica dot com. Slash Erica by your side. Bank of America Official bank of the Dallas Cowboys. Erica responses may very digital tool featured required downloading the mobile banking app and may only be available on select mobile devices. Erica is a mobile feature only available in the English language. Your chap may be recorded and monitored for quality assurance. Message, data rates and additional terms may apply. Bank of America and a member FDIC.
Speaker 9: Todd thought it would be secure to jog in the Cheatah Savannah. Todd believed the big Cat repellent he bought online was reliable, and now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has AT and T five g's it is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew At and T five G Fast reliable, Secure.
Speaker 1: Five G requires compatible plan and device five G may not be available in your area.
Speaker 3: See add dot com slash five G for you fo details. Back to the break.
Speaker 2: AT and T connecting changes everything.
Speaker 6: See see that's not bad.
Speaker 3: You could do that, Nick, that don't bother me, and you should.
Speaker 6: Have done that one I don't want to do nothing. Go ahead, go ahead and do it again.
Speaker 7: All right, y'all, y'all ready to riff y'all ready to do some stugid away, take it away.
Speaker 3: Nah.
Speaker 7: Man, I was talking to my guy will still in the morning. Man, we was talking about some of the guys on the roster and some of these roster fights that's coming up, and Man, I just wanted to have a discussion about brother Sam Williams. Man, I think there's so much range in terms of what people could possibly think about him. You know, he is a veteran type guy and he's coming off the injury, and you know, we've seen flashes of him doing some interesting things and then we've seen long stretches of him not doing enough. Or he'll go on social media and say, boy, I need a chance, and then he'll get a chance. Where we had on brother Sam Williams d Garrick Sam willis what we had on him.
Speaker 6: Well, look at the facts.
Speaker 5: They have drafted a defensive end in the second round and now back to back years. You can look at Marshaw Kneeland and be like, Okay, that's the DeMarcus Lawrence replacement. As I look at it, you look at Donovan Asaraku and you kind of see that as you're Sam Williams replacement and going into a contract year coming off the injury. He's obviously has some issues off the field too. This is the Cowboys correctly planning for the event that he does not come back one hundred percent. Now, if he does, where does he factor into this edge group? Because all of a sudden, it's loaded. You got Dante Fowler back on a contract that you're paying him enough to where he's gonna have to play Donovan Azarako. You spend a high enough pick on him, he's gonna have to play marshaon neland he's gonna have to play There's this this room all of a sudden has gotten pretty crowded.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that to me With Sam, There's two ways this can go. For Sam. He could absolutely spit the bit and just not do anything and just you know, not be competitive and and you know, let these other guys take the job and then he get cut and feel sorry for himself and go move on, or you know, Cowboys move him or something. Or he could try and find a way to be a major, major part of what they're trying to do you know? And and I I kind of feel like though you can't have enough pass rushers, you know, you can't have enough guys that they can put their hand in the dirt and get after the quarterback. And you know, we you know, with guys like Kneel and I kind of feel like, you know, you look at you know, his situation. How many guys on this team do we have are just really kind of not pass rushers but really good just can play defense and give you occasional.
Speaker 3: Pass rush Him and Turners.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I kind of feel like that to me. You know, if if if in fact that Sam Williams is going to show up, it's it's not to try and beat out one of those guys because I kind of feel like they've got a rule. I don't think. I don't think Turner or Kneeling threatened him as a pass rusher. But all of a sudden, we get in the camp and you see him, you know, coming off like you know with him, and the one thing you're going to notice about Azaraku right off to jump is how low he gets the ground and how he's able to dip his shoulder. And if he could dip his shoulder and get to the quarterback. That's that's what made him a great player in the ACC. You know, Boston College is not a great team. We talked about him a bunch on the Draft Show. This is one of the best pass rushers in college football and now you have him. So Sam could look at this as the challenge of like, hey, I got to be one of those guys, I got to be a six', four two hundred and sixty one pound pass. Rusher or he could just completely just spit the, bit LIKE i said horse racing, term just spit the, bit not do anything and get cut or try and get traded to another. Teams he's at the fork of the road right, now AND i think The cowboys are comfortable whatever the FOUR k he. Decides if he wants to decide to be great and try and make this team and be everything that The cowboys And Jerry jones thought he was going to be coming out of, college great for. Him but if he decides to be the other guy that's not going to work and not going to do this and just be a, guy they'll do With they'll deal with that down the. ROAD i think he's clearly in the fork of the. Road right, Now dallas has players that can replace him if he goes the wrong way in the fork.
Speaker 5: EASILY i don't want to hijack too far, here but as you guys have watched more film on these draft, picks as you've watched more film on As, araku do you guys feel like you had him justly graded grade to too, high graded too? Low how do you guys feel about where you guys had?
Speaker 2: HIM i had a twenty. FIFTH i think he was my twenty fifth best player on my stack twelve twenty, five thirty seven actually had the guard as the thirty seventh best. Player there's no. Question when you started to look at the draft and just look at the pure pass rushers AND i know, again here Is fatch AND i doing our podcast on a nightly basis on. YouTube we were talking about these. Things we were talking, About, hey who were the best pass? Rushers that kid At marshall he was one of the best pass. Rushers the kid At Penn state one of the best pass. Rushers this guy was right there with. Him there were the bendis and they're the non. Bendis he was in the productive bendis that were making things. Happen so, YEAH i, mean there's clearly you talk to people in the organization here about. Him it's like he fell into their. Lap they were looking, sure they were looking At, jenkins they were looking at a, runner they were looking at Maybe. Burden the wide receiver picks go off the board ahead of a. Boom guy falls in their. Lap probably one of the two three best pass rushers in this draft just fell to you at forty. Four you can't pass, that and they. Didn't good for, Them.
Speaker 7: Nick, harris do you, think do you allegedly assume or if somebody taps you on the shoulder made you think about, it that they possibly Had donovan ranked higher Than golden And? Abuka, no, okay, Okay So donovan was like maybe like a like a true two to, them you would, say.
Speaker 6: Yes, oky, absolutely okay.
Speaker 7: ABSOLUTELY i was thinking, about, like you, know what if it Wasn't, booker and what if the trade back happened and they landed around like twenty, one twenty two or something like, that Would donovan be the guy steal or would they go for one of those wide receivers that they probably haven't there?
Speaker 6: POINT i THINK.
Speaker 5: I think it could have thrown some interesting curveballs into the whole. Draft it would have had a ripple effect on the rest of the draft BECAUSE i think they had some running backs a little bit higher than we did in that.
Speaker 7: Range there's a lot of people that think that you should have taken The texans trade traded. Back people Think booker would be there. ANYWAY i don't think he would have been. There but in my, mind if you trade back to where The texans, were then you're maybe In donovan or one of those wide receiver ranges or. Whatever and if you think about how the draft kind of plays out from, there Like, revel maybe you're round two guy at that. POINT i Think i'm just cool with the draft THAT i. Got you, KNOW i don't have any remorse for, that trading back With houston and getting extra.
Speaker 3: PICKS i like this this group THAT i have.
Speaker 5: Here also some hindsight there with That houston, draft and the report was that it involved future. Capital they gave up future capital in This George pickens. Trade with hindsight being twenty, Twenty do you look at that a little bit harder if you knew that you would be getting that getting A pickens pick back in A texans, trade does that make sense What i'm trying to.
Speaker 3: Here Oka you, say what About you Say pickens got to pick back in the in the.
Speaker 5: Test, no What i'm saying is they gave up a third for the. Pickts, yes, right, yes, sir let's, say and the report was, that so you would just have extra future Cat we would have that extra. Third so, basically you don't lose out on a third and you spend a draft pick on uh On George.
Speaker 3: PICKENS i Think i'm still.
Speaker 6: Cool we basically move back thirteen spots to Get george.
Speaker 7: PICKS i Think i'm still kind of cool with what we, Have Like i'll lose the third to Keep booker and And donovan And pickens And, Revel, Like i'm fine with, that And i'm cool with that group of. GUYS i didn't want. TO i don't want to send too many rubles BECAUSE i don't know what next year's draft looks. Like you know WHAT i, mean the next year, draft we could be sitting up here pissed all, day, damn but we could have a two.
Speaker 6: Tell you, right, yeah it's fun guys at the top of this.
Speaker 3: BOARD i ain't saying.
Speaker 2: YEAH i the thing about, ME i would have dropped back because and the only REASON i say this is BECAUSE i Had jackson Above. Booker that's the only that's the only thing THAT i you, KNOW i MEAN I Donovan, Jacks donovan jack and, yeah the guard guard Tackle Ohio. STATE i had him. Higher so if you told ME i could drop back thirteen and then pick up pickings as part of this, TRADE i THINK i would have done. That but but they the last time they cared WHAT i thought about was two thousand and. Five everybody knows, That SO i would HAVE i would have probably done. That it's WHAT i would have.
Speaker 7: Done does pickens do more for your run game or your passing, game passing game past?
Speaker 3: GAME i think that run.
Speaker 6: Game opens, up and for sure there's things that happen.
Speaker 3: STUPID i think it was stupidly.
Speaker 7: THOUGH i think it's stupid stupid BECAUSE i keep going back To maya McCarthy making people running hitches and. Slams, Right and if you're running routes in that, way like DB's can sit in that range and that'll keep them in run stopping. Range pickings going deep now, yeah so now DB's got to turn the back to the. Backfield, now, Yeah and if and if we really want to mess with you, know play action all this kind of, stuff and and everything works together in hand and hand all this. STUFF i think having two ones in a, prime that's what's. Important brian. BROS i haven't talked To nick about, this but out of all The cowboy wide receiver tantams that we've, had it's always like an older receiver that's in his prime and some young, guy or like a young guy that's really good with an old guy that's kind of on the way, out or, whatever whatever combination you want to look. AT i think this is the first time in a long, time correct me, please that we've had two dudes twenty four to twenty five in their prime for, real for, real that you have to pay special attention. TO i think that's gonna do so much for bumping the defense, out like outside the, numbers like those dudes are gonna have to move around with those two. GUYS i think the run game benefits.
Speaker 5: MUCH i only think you compare it to is When Miles austin was really cooking With.
Speaker 3: DOZ i still think there was a young guy. Still, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: That's BUT i think that's the only argument you can. MAKE i understand where you're.
Speaker 7: Going if you could Take daz that was that was leading the league in touchdowns with my With miles aust and that would have been, stupid you know WHAT i? Mean or Or lamb now With cooper when he was twenty, five that would have been. Crazy but everybody's always been in different spots or, hurt even. Men you finally get two twenty twenty four to twenty five year old guys in their.
Speaker 2: Prime that's you're gonna have to prove to me you can run the. Ball you're gonna have to prove to me you could do. That and what's you, know there was a lot of And i'm not gonna say, bluster but there was a lot of conversation when these, coaches when the staff was built about you, know, okay It's penn And polls and it's two offensive line coaches and it's, this that and the, other and you know a lot of. That and then you, know we had the opportunity on, draft the third day of the draft to talk to the line coach offensive, coordinator and they both were, saying, hey we're not going to do things we can't. Do so we're, thinking, oh, Look arizona pen and poll outside. Zone da da da da da da da da. Da we're talking about all these, things and then all of a sudden they're, like, listen we might not be able to do. That we're going to, Try we're going to work on. It, yeah did you help yourself with the right? Guard, sure absolutely you. Did and you've got to hope that your center is. Improved he looks like you know that he's going to be. Fine we'll see about the right. Tackle you, know we know what the left guard. Is the left tackle is a, big, big big question. Mark the running back is blue capable of being that? Guy you, KNOW i would bet that there's a good possibility of. That but they have to prove to me that they can run the, football because they talked about it a bunch coming in and now it's, like, well maybe we need to kind of only do things that were capable of. Doing we'll.
Speaker 6: See, well, fellas that was.
Speaker 5: Fun that was twenty five minutes of good stuff, there and the rest of the rest of This you AND, i, yeah y'all want to you want to plug it one more time.
Speaker 7: At A Vachel lombardy on YouTube VIDEOS i vo c h L o nb air df me And brian are doing The doing All right. Podcasts you want to know why we call it the doing All right podcast because you're doing all right. Now When brian used to do these shows and we had the phones active or, whatever everybody used to call it, like, hey how you, doing and it really bogged down the. Show brian got pissed off and, go, hey we're doing all. Right, okay get in get your, Question, yeah get on out.
Speaker 2: HERE i didn't know THAT i needed to know that you Were cowboy fans since nineteen sixty just you, know told me your life story and all. THAT i just get me to your.
Speaker 5: Question And i've been listening To brian since doing All, Right doing.
Speaker 3: All, right podcasting All right on. YouTube it.
Speaker 5: Fellows this is my last scheduled episode of The Break. Brian it has been a. Pleasure thank, you. SIR i appreciate.
Speaker 2: You. Man thanks hold it.
Speaker 5: Down i'll be on a media mash going into next year and the rest of the rest of the episodes we have going Into. June but excited about what we got coming up in this twenty twenty five season schedule release. Tonight be sure to check Out Dallas cowboys Dot com for that all of a lot of hardworking people getting ready for that schedule release For brian brought Us Fox, Lombardy Chris beam in the.
Speaker 6: Back I'm Nick. Heros thank you for listening to The break On Dallas cowboys Dot Com.
Speaker 3: Radio this has been a.
Speaker 8: Production Of dallascowboys Dot com and The Dallas Cowboys Football.
Speaker 3: Club