Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Jettie I know he Armstrong and Eddy.
Speaker 3: He's a threat to our prosperity and Texas economy. He said, you can't be a Christian if you support the oil and gas industries want to raise your tax He wants to raise your taxes, and he won't do a single thing the lower cost for you and your family. And finally, he's a threat to our very way of life and our values. I mean, he's a vegan who thinks Scott is non binary and that there's actually six biological sexes. It's hard to imagine someone more radical than that.
Speaker 4: That's the not too enthusiastic Ken Paxton who won last night over John Cornyn, who had been the Senator in Texas for a while lot of years and he got knocked out by somebody in his own party. And now Ken Paxton's going to run against this James Tallarico dude who said this about Ken Paxton last night.
Speaker 5: Ken Paxton embodies the broken political system that we're running against. He is the most corrupt politician in America three years ago tomorrow, he was impeached by his own party for using his public office, his position of public trusts to enrich himself and his donors at our expense. And that is exactly the problem in our politics. It's puppet politicians who serve themselves and their billionaire mega donors instead of serving us. It's why we can't afford anything. It's why we can't get ahead no matter how hard we work. The system is rigged by corrupt politicians like Ken Paxson.
Speaker 4: So some believe this is a great chance for the Democrats to flip a perennial red seat blue in the US Senate.
Speaker 2: It's at least a chance. Yeah.
Speaker 6: The race went from what is the term likely Republican to lean Republican in the Cook Political Report, for.
Speaker 2: Instance, Uh huh and uh.
Speaker 4: I was reading somewhere that there might be more opo on Paxson to come out that they've been holding on to in his very color sort a guy that.
Speaker 2: Yes, there's going to be stuff.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know, taking a totally non judgmental look at this for the moment, then I will judge so judgingly, but give me a minute. In the initial vote, Cornan narrowly edged Paxton forty two percent to forty percent, but since neither one of them cleared the required fifty fifty percent, they required a runoff, so it was barely corning over Paxton. But then when Trump, at the very end of things, weighed in with the endorsement of Packson Paxton, it went two thirds one third for Paxton. So Trump's power influence with the primary voters of red states, including Texas, is still enormous.
Speaker 4: Well, Cornyn last week, to his credit and maybe the end of his political career, was asked about Trump's two billion dollar fund to give out to people abused by Biden or whatever that fund is.
Speaker 2: Allegedly h.
Speaker 4: Wasn't real enthusiastic about it. Cornyn said, yeah, I'm not a big fan of that. I don't think that's what we need to be doing, and that Trump didn't dig that, and that's when he came out against his opponent.
Speaker 2: I mean, so.
Speaker 6: The RNC is distressed because they know it's going to be an enormously expensive race when it could have been more or less open and shot with corn running.
Speaker 2: But this the way it goes.
Speaker 6: The free press is asking is Donald Trump tired of winning. Here's where the judgment gets judgment he from his endorsement of Ken Paxton to the White House ballroom, the president is putting his own priorities ahead of his parties.
Speaker 2: Well, Trump sees himself as the party because he is. That's why he sees it that way.
Speaker 4: Interesting thing politics and whether many of us could ever actually be politicians. So John Cornyn, for instance, sitting US senator, there's hardly a better political job on planet Earth than being a US senator. I think I'd rather be that than President of the United States. In terms of being able to do a job for a long time and have an impact. That'd be a pretty cool job being a US senator.
Speaker 6: You're only up for election every six years, and you got the power of incumbency in the purse and the rest of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's pretty good getting.
Speaker 4: He voted with Trump over ninety percent of the time through a term and a half.
Speaker 2: That's pretty loyal.
Speaker 4: But when he was asked last week about this pretty ridiculous fund that Trump came up with, said, yeah, I'm not a fan. Would you have been enthusiastically in favor of it? Justifying it to yourself by saying it's important that I'm in the US Senate as a guy who can kind of hold the line for what's right and what's wrong. As a counterbalance, Yeah, as a counterbalance. Or do I say what is clearly pretty clearly true. No, I'm not a fan of this whole unprecedented two billion dollar fund that the president gets a chance to spend out where he wants. Which do you do there? I could see justifying it. Yeah, you know what, I'm better off in the Senate than this Paxton guy. Or what if he loses and there's a Democrat, We're better off with me saying nice things about this fund and keeping my job.
Speaker 2: He didn't.
Speaker 6: You know, you gotta be quick on your feet and say, hey, I understand the idea. A lot of folks were injured by the weaponization of the Justice Department under Biden, and there ought to be some sort of compensation. Then behind the scenes, you're like, we can't do this, We cannot do this.
Speaker 2: Can you do it?
Speaker 4: Keavin news to me saying what it's about fairness? There but for the grace of God, and nobody has the idea what you actually mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, which is the more principled thing to do, because now Ken Paxton might be in the Senate and he's a much less principal guy than Cornan in my opinion.
Speaker 4: Well, a lot of Republicans last week, we're getting leaned on pretty hard to not endorse Trump's two billion dollar fund, Like, come on, this is too much, right?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Are you going to pretend this is okay? And at least last week he couldn't pretend it was okay, and now he's out of a job.
Speaker 6: Early in the show, every day, Our One, the second, is it the second? No, it's the fourth segment. Last segment of Our One, we do the freedom loving quote of the day, among other things, and today's was passed along by Sergio, who was reading the forty eight Laws of Power by Machiavelli, and interestingly, quote of the freedom loving quote of the day today was a man that strives to be good, his entire life gets swallowed up by those not so naive.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so basically have very Machavelian in my opinion. But the reason I brought up that example is if you think you could be a politician and stay in office by being honest all the time.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's possible.
Speaker 4: I really do not think it's now, especially, I don't know if it ever has been. I don't know if it ever has been. Reading that book about John Adams, and I mean the very first term of Washington's presidency, I mean there was all kinds of stuff going on that that that that.
Speaker 2: Reeks of today.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Washington held back announcing whether he was going to run again into the till the very end, so they wouldn't have much time to uh consolidate, you know, somebody on the other side, I mean, just.
Speaker 2: Just things like that. Yeah, Yeah, that's an interesting question.
Speaker 4: I don't think you can be And it'd be difficult for me because it'd be hard for me to stand up in front of a big crowd of people cheering and say something I don't believe. But I think you have to be able to do that to get elected.
Speaker 2: And then stay in office.
Speaker 6: Here's your moral self defense. The primary electorate, the primary voting electorate is a weird and non representative subset of the electorate as a whole. I gotta get past those lunatics to get in office and do, as Charles Crowdhammer put it, the things that matter.
Speaker 4: I don't have any choice, right. That was the point of his book, The Things that Matter. You got to play this game to get the power to do the things you care about. The Democrats have it even worse, because you're gonna have a whole bunch of people that need to raise their hand for free sex changes for illegals to try and get the nomination the legal rapists. Yeah, to then run in a general population that thinks that's a nuts position.
Speaker 6: All right, real or that reminded me of something real or parody. The state of cal Unicornia latest benefit for illegals is free solar panels.
Speaker 2: I think I read that yesterday. Yeah, yeah, it's real. It's real, of course.
Speaker 6: It's part of a giant, multi zillion dollar program to aid illegal immigrant agricultural workers, well, agricultural workers in general, half to three quarters of whom are illegal immigrants, with having refrigerators and what is it, Free solar panels, refrigerators and energy efficient windows to low income farm workers, including illegal immigrants, got to pay for year solar.
Speaker 4: Panels, fools, Many millions of dollars will be handed out in the name of equity or climate change or some other bs. Well, if you're an illegal immigrant rate who's received a taxpayer funded sex change operation, and you're recovering at home. You want to stay cool, So you got to have the AC and you gotta have the solar panels.
Speaker 6: It all fits together. We can take it in one without the other. It'd be cruel.
Speaker 4: We get update on a bowl and a number of other things. If he can stick around, stay here.
Speaker 7: Hey, Yetti.
Speaker 8: Days of protests and now clashes erupting outside an ice facility in Newark, New Jersey. At one point, Democratic Senator Andy Kim was in the middle of the chaos and said that he was pepper sprayed during a confrontation. He later posted this image showing a volunteer treating his eyes after the incident.
Speaker 4: I didn't know the ice kerfuffles were still going on.
Speaker 6: Yeah, this one's in New Jersey, outside of the facility where they're demanding that everybody inside be turned loose because they've complained about the quality.
Speaker 2: Of the food. Ah.
Speaker 6: That was like my entire educational career. Nobody was picking it outside my high school saying sah, the guy's supposed to eat this crap. It's gotten violent and nutty. Luckily for that senator, he claims, we've been pepper sprayed in the eyes because that established his bona fides as a victim and a brave warrior, which is very important. Now, Tom Holman, who's been keeping a much lower profile than Ice Barbie, says, we're not done.
Speaker 9: We're not stopping deportition, not stop from the rest. I don't care about ponormous I'm not running a popularity contest. I got people saying we're not wrestling up people.
Speaker 2: You know, I agree, we're not.
Speaker 9: President Trump promised master portition, and that's what I'm going to give the American people. That's why he's sitting in the Oval office. American people want it, They're going to get it.
Speaker 4: You know, we had Sarah i Isger on the show earlier and we really I really like her commentary on lots of different issues, and I remember her talking about this particular issue once on how there'll be some hits in the polling during the ugliness of this. But at the end of the day, you get to election day and it's a year ago that all this happened. A lot of people are going to be really happy that a whole bunch of illegal got kicked out.
Speaker 2: Yes, I would agree, Yeah, absolutely true.
Speaker 6: So Alexis McAdams, who had sew cut, was reporting for Fox News from the Phrakas wearing a plain T shirt and no mic flag. That's an industry talk for the little sign on your microphone that says who you're with. So she is more or less anonymous than somebody intered or recognized her. Apparently there is some strong language in this clip. If you are easily offended, what are you listening to us for? Here's how it sounded.
Speaker 1: You are a protester who's been out here and you have a dirty mouth. But okay, so that's just what we deal with. So just for people that want to know what it's like to cover these protests, it's constant with this. This is what these people do. They want people who are in this country illegally to be released out onto the streets. D It just says that's but they're gonna do as well.
Speaker 2: Sitch, Nazi bitch, that's.
Speaker 4: What you are.
Speaker 6: And then the here says an eloquent argument there from one of the protesters, which I thought was great.
Speaker 2: You're a Nazi bitch.
Speaker 4: I have no time for the You're evil if you don't believe people should be able to come here illegally. I got no time for that.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, yeah, Well where is that story? Hang on a second, I can find it real quickly. I'd meant to get to this earlier. There we go.
Speaker 2: Let's meet the new.
Speaker 6: Leader of Massachusetts Top Teachers Union, a Democratic Socialists of America member, woman, of course, who says the US is fascist, borders are for colonizers, jack you colonizer, among other things. Let's see, here you go. Let's see new leader of the teachers' union. How interesting is there anything more traditional and fundamental to America and good public schools teaching kids to read, write, and do arithmetic, and to love their country and to become active citizens. No, she's a long time left wing activist who has denounced the United States as a fascist oligarchy, objected to national borders as a constructive colonizers, and push resolutions condemning Israel as genocidel. Let's see she, along with the what's her name, let's get her name right, deb gisol Giswaldo, along with the MTA's newly elected president, Matt Bach, is a member of the Educators for a Democratic Union, the MTA's progressive caucus, which works to quote build a social justice movement into our union and communities and dismantal structures of oppression within our union as well as other institutions.
Speaker 2: So there is actually.
Speaker 6: There are serious adults who say there should be no borders. It's a construct of colonizers. There is no notion so looney that intellectuals can't embrace it. Right, unbelievable. Our teachers' unions.
Speaker 4: Just came across a really good snarky response to where we are with the whole Iran deal. Trump's convening his cabinet as we speak, supposed to be coming up with an idea. Here's the snarky response. Iran deal nearly finalized. Last sticking points are Iran's insistence on destroying the West, killing all infidels, and imposing ism on the world. Fingers crossed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, they just got to work out the details.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you got to change their entire raison deetre is all.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 6: I was looking at I was watching a what was it? I asked for audio of it this gal who was protesting against Oh oh, it was the shot spotter microphones that they're using in cities so that if there's gun fire, a murder attempted murder. The cops can figure out where it is quickly and get there to try to catch the evildoers. And how in progressive cities they're trying to tear that stuff down because it disproportionately affects.
Speaker 2: Gunmen of color.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, Yeah, I know it's absolutely beautiful. But this purple haired, heavily tattooed chick, and I have nothing against tattoos. She was, of course, wearing a kaffia scarf. Well, she talked about shot spotter stuff, And I'm looking at some of the imagery produced by this Massachusetts Teachers Union gal and her cohort, including somebody with an automatic weapon wearing a Kaffia in a mask. What was taken by force can only be returned by force. Nice, the inevitable Kaffea, the Omni Cause, the eternal Omni Cause.
Speaker 2: It's all just Marxism.
Speaker 4: Trump just put out a new truth social post around the whole war thing. Maybe we'll get to that. We got other stuff. We'll have a big final half hour. I hope you can stay here, armstrong and getty.
Speaker 10: Ebola numbers are exploding in Central Africa, at least nine hundred reported cases and two hundred and twenty deaths, but the real numbers could be much higher. For this rare strain Bundaboujo, there is no vaccine and up to fifty percent of infections are fatal. In war torn eastern Congo and Uganda, there is little to stop the spread, shortages of protective suits, gloves, even basics like soap and water. Ebola is spread through contact with bodily fluids, and dead bodies can continue to infect the living.
Speaker 2: Funerals larger than fifty have.
Speaker 10: Been banned in parts of Congo, whilst several hospitals have come under violent at by family members seeking their loved ones bodies.
Speaker 4: Mass funerals for a bowl of victims yipes.
Speaker 2: Oh boy.
Speaker 6: And in that report they actually showed a picture of that to the mutant virus, and for some reason it was just so chilling because this is this simple, little, twisty looking microscopic thingy, but it wants to reproduce and it wants to take.
Speaker 2: Over your body to do that.
Speaker 4: So we have talked before about dynamic pricing. Is that what they call it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Is that what the term is? Yeah, dynamic pricing, that's where prices change in all kinds of different ways. There's the Wendy's near me that the same burger that costs four bucks at three in the afternoon costs five bucks at six point thirty in the evening because as they think you want it more supply and demand cetera. Sure, aw, there's a new pull out. I guess I could have jumped to that. Seventy percent of Americans are concerned.
Speaker 2: About dynamic pricing.
Speaker 4: I don't know what that means, particularly the kind where you know the ads we do for Incogniti about getting your data office service. So much of my daddy, your dad, everybody's dad is out there, and they have so much information about me, including how much money you make, or how much money you spend on various things, or your your your pain threshold for different things that you buy, and they could easily figure out that a guy like me doesn't even pay attention to what the donut costs at the donut store. Oh yeah, I just clicked my phone on it and walk out the door. I don't know what it even costs. Or you know, you're on AM and it charges me this much for this, but charges somebody else this much for that. They know on for me, I'm not gonna buy it at that price, but somebody else might. I remember when I first found out that airlines, if you sign into your app or.
Speaker 2: You're all sited here, that they're like, oh.
Speaker 6: Joe's not price sensitive, he's schedule sensitive, so don't worry about the price.
Speaker 2: Yeah, go ahead and jack that up by seventy five.
Speaker 4: Bucks, or or he's in this income bracket so we can charge that much. I don't then add facial recognition to that stuff. You walk in the sore.
Speaker 2: And they're like, oh, yeah, here he comes.
Speaker 4: I have to assume that everything's going to be like that in the near future and there's no stopping it. And why wouldn't they do it. The only reason they didn't do it in the past was they couldn't. It's similar to walking on a car lot and the guy looks you over at your shoes and your watch and thinks he can afford this car U or as opposed to he can't afford this car, will show him this car. Well, it's basically now Amazon or Wendy's or whoever doing that for everybody and not just looking at you. They got actual data on how much money you make or how much money you spend, eat out all kinds of stuff. They probably know more about your spending habits than you do.
Speaker 6: The free market is a wonderful, smoothly functioning exchange of information, and I don't object to this.
Speaker 2: I think it's practically inevitable.
Speaker 6: The one thing that pissed me off, though, is they gave the example of dynamic pricing at a grocery store and I put a dozen eggs in my basket and then by the time I'm to the checkout there are twenty five cents more a dozen or whatever. See that strikes me is bait and switch, or not even bait and switch, just skullduggery of some sort. I don't know, mouth seasons.
Speaker 2: I won't have it. That's right.
Speaker 4: Well, how would that well, I guess that would make sense if the price of eggs goes up at six point thirty in the evening, because people are different shopping habits at that point. Put them in your basket at six twenty eight. By the time he got up there, they're more expensive. Yeah, I could happen, I suppose.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that'd be uncool.
Speaker 6: And the other I mean, obviously there are some downsides as a consumer, but you.
Speaker 4: Know kind of the airline one makes perfect sense to me, especially if they have some sort of data about your you know, where you are in life income wise.
Speaker 2: Sure, absolutely, if we can.
Speaker 4: Charge an extra fifty bucks, he's not even going to notice.
Speaker 6: Anybody else got an airline tied credit card. Yeah, I'm thinking they may have more data on you than you're.
Speaker 4: All right, I have a Southwest card. Of course they know everything about me.
Speaker 6: Yeah, dude spends money like a lunatic. Just price it however you want. He won't, he won't blanche. But I was thinking, you know, back to the like the grocery store. I don't know, I'm picturing going to buy some running shoes or something like that. Now, it's very easy to compare prices. The Internet is really helped in that obviously, and so your chances is getting ripped off ripped off are much less. But if the dynamic pricing is going on, and I see, all right, Big five's got these shoes for one hundred and twenty bucks or they're Dick Sporting Goods or whatever, they got them for one hundred and thirty five, I'm going to Big five. Then by the time I get to Big five or one hundred and forty bucks, or they're one hundred and forty bucks for you, they wouldn't be for someone else.
Speaker 4: Well right, yeah, yeah, So anyway, seventy percent of Americans are concerned about surveillance pricing jacking up the cost of goods. That would be when they have info about you. Yeah, I'm concerned too.
Speaker 6: I'm not sure how much I object into what, but I'm definitely, you know, on the balls of my feet leaning forward at the waist.
Speaker 4: For ready to pounce. I don't think I think it makes perfectly good sense. You would do it too if you're in a store, and I don't think there's anything wrong with that. I don't think there's any stopping it.
Speaker 6: And you know, if I was a real populist, I could make the argument that when you know, when Joe rich leaves and poor Jim walks in, you'd think, well, yeah, we can sell it to poor Jim for a two percent margin. That's all he's got, and rich Joe just walked out, and you know, we're flush.
Speaker 4: The algorithm fueled scheme exploits customers personal data to charge different people varying prices for the same product. It's a subset of dynamic pricing. Yeah, so I suppose in the future my son gets a credit card he's out there working as he's going to this summer, I'll have him buy everything at his income level in his card and his what they know about him, get the cheaper price on. Yeah, you buy the airline tickets, the hotel room. Well venmo, Yeah, don't worry, I will eventually. So speaking of technology, I mentioned the shot Spotter thing.
Speaker 6: This is too good to pass up. And Michael, we're talking about Clip eleven. It's from Cambridge, Massachusetts. But Nelly Bowles is writing the Free Press about how in Austin and well, what she's writing about is how all the gun control people really don't want gun control because they're against anybody getting arrested, and how crazy that is. And if they arrest you, they won't prosecute you for gun enhancements that they got passed if it leads to inequity. But she points out in Austin, three people went on a twenty four hour crime spree, stealing cars and shooting at a lot of people in a lot of places. I mean horrifically dangerous. They evaded a two hundred officer manhunt that was assisted by helicopters and dogs, only to be found immediately when they entered the town of Manor, Texas. Why because manner uses flock cameras, which Austin recently banned. The flock cameras are AI assisted license plate readers.
Speaker 4: I don't like that.
Speaker 2: I know you don't. And yet the dangerous baddies were apprehended. That's no excuse.
Speaker 6: That's a perfectly good explanation of why this is useful technology.
Speaker 2: Jack is anti good law and.
Speaker 4: Order, perfectly useless excuse to live in a totalitarian surveillance state.
Speaker 6: What if there are carefully maintain standards for when you can access the data, don't make flappy lip noises at me, sir.
Speaker 4: It's gonna enforce those to make sure that's happening nobody.
Speaker 2: It'll become a police state.
Speaker 4: But it is ironic where we're screaming so far that direction, so fast as he saw in that town. Because this is an obvious one you could. I used to work at bars. I worked at this country bar for four years, and half the people leaving that bar were drunk at two o'clock in the morning every Friday and Saturday night. And I always thought why don't they just set up a dui checkpoint right there? They get they but we don't do that. You could, you could do that lots of places all the time. You could pull over everybody after midnight on a Friday night and you'd get lots of drunks that way. But we don't do that for a variety of reasons.
Speaker 6: Right liberty, unless you give the government an excuse to intrude on your liberty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but when it's well, for whatever reason we do.
Speaker 4: If there's this whole license plate reader thing or now ai license plate reader would basically pull over every single car to see if they've done anything wrong.
Speaker 2: M So you're soft on crime.
Speaker 6: So getting back to the gun thing and shot spotter, which you know, I want your opinion on this as a liberal clearly.
Speaker 2: So. Shot spotter is this system that it's so much fun.
Speaker 6: It's the system that detects gunshots and alerts cops so that presumably the gun shots will stop. As Nelly Bowles writes, the Cambridge City Council just voted five to two to end the city's use of shot Spotter. It's basically because it turns out that most of the gunshots are detected black neighborhoods, which is racist somehow.
Speaker 2: So now we're pro gun rights.
Speaker 6: Now we must allow natural gun violence to unfold and not interfere. If the neighborhood residents want to shoot each other one day, it's none of the cops business. Some shots shouldn't be spotted, she writes. But here's a bit of an edit of some of the testifiers at the Cambridge City Council meeting, all of them youngsters, couple of them sporting effing kafias.
Speaker 11: I do not consent for my vulnerable neighbors in our welcome community sanctuary city to be at risk.
Speaker 7: And to make sure we hear from neighbors more directly impacted than I am. I will also be sharing a recorded note from a Putnam Gardens resident. He's unable to be here but feels that shot spotter surveillance puts him and his family at risk.
Speaker 3: Loso Cilinda savlonomla En contest showsporter souls familiars.
Speaker 5: This puts black and brown communities in Cambridge in very real danger.
Speaker 11: That BIPOC members of the Cambridge community are more likely to be recorded by shot spotter and thus are more vulnerable to potential abuses of the data and recordings collected by the company, as well as dangerous over policing. Surveillance does not equal safety. We do not need microphones on top of buildings, listening to every loud noise in the vicinity and sending in police in order to be safe.
Speaker 4: I like the idea that so the argument that people make regularly of well, I don't care if they pull over everybody. I'm not doing anything wrong. You just haven't read enough history or whatever. That's that goes a bad direction. But in the case of firing off guns, right might work. I'm not too worried about the shot spotters because when's the last time I fired off a gun in town?
Speaker 11: Uh?
Speaker 2: Never? And likely that I ever will? Uh probably not.
Speaker 6: I like the one gal who said that the investigations were disproportionately affecting.
Speaker 4: By neighborhoods where they shoot guns.
Speaker 6: In other words, the people shooting guns tend to be you know, ethnic this or that or what do you want us to do about that? But that's how perverse and twisted the whole disparate impact philosophy it is. It just doesn't make any sense. The other thing I wanted to highlight and I'm sure you noticed that, y'all. Was how there's always the appeals of it makes them unsafe, it puts them at risk, it brings danger to they are unsafe.
Speaker 2: Blah blah blah. Stop it with your safety worship.
Speaker 6: Don't don't squeeze off shots at each other as you want to be more safe, quit shooting each other.
Speaker 4: I guarantee you this is an example of over educated white people protecting a group that would say, uh, I love the idea of you figuring out who's squeezing off gunshots in my neighborhood and you arrest them and then I don't have to worry about it anymore.
Speaker 2: So bring it on.
Speaker 6: Yeah, especially because I'm terrified to testify against them because they might hurt me and my family. So yeah, some good shot spotting evidence and getting arrested in the act sounds great to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Absolutely.
Speaker 6: Those were almost exclusively college educated to white people.
Speaker 4: We have the data on that when defund the police was a thing the neighborhoods where they got lots of crime, they didn't want to defund the police. You want to in your nice neighborhood. You think I don't need police, and it would make it better. I think I do need police.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 6: This is purely a thought experiment, and I know we have to take a break because I am a man of peace.
Speaker 2: I abhorror political violence, that sort of thing. But it's a thought experiment.
Speaker 6: If I were to just automatically punch everyone I see, like rocking the Kafia or the Kaffia scarf, and then assessed at the end of the day, how many of those deserved a good punching. What were the percentage back a punching coming? Yeah, exactly. That's up to you in your own heart and mind, folks. I'm just asking the questions.
Speaker 2: In your own heart. We will finish Strong next.
Speaker 6: If you didn't hear our interview with Sarah Isger, the brilliant Sarah Isger, about her new book, you ought to check it out via podcast Armstrong and getting on demand if you subscribe to auto downloads, and it'll be available as an extra large but super stimulating chat about her book about the Supreme Court Last Branch Standing so enjoyable.
Speaker 4: You brought us the news yesterday and I had seen this article about the new Ferrari, the new electric Ferrari that's out. It's about six hundred and fifty thousand dollars. Good looking car, it's electric, it's the first electric Ferrari.
Speaker 6: I was gonna puay one for cash, but it's six point fifty. I think I'll finance maybe two hundred thousands.
Speaker 4: Called the lucha the Ferrari Luce. Well, not everybody likes it, including the guy who used to run Ferrari, some old.
Speaker 2: Italian.
Speaker 4: He said, I cannot say what I really think it would harm Ferrari. We risked the destruction of a legend, so sorry, take the prance eating horse off it. At least I don't have to worry about the Chinese copying this one so crappy the Chinese wouldn't want to copy it, he says of the new Ferrari.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a lot of people said it looks like a Nissan leaf, which is like, you know, a lot less that.
Speaker 4: I got a neighbor who's got a Ferrari and a super fancy Porsche and a Cadillac V with the motor and I don't know what he does for a living, but anyway.
Speaker 2: His Ferrari is badass.
Speaker 4: Most of them leave me kind of cold. But it has a good looking car. He's got a running I don't know what he does. I'm always peering in his windows. Seems to live alone. He's got a he's got a grand piano in his living room. Wow, I'm thinking childless and single. I'm thinking affectation or does he play? I don't know the piano.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 6: If you're super super into cars and that's like your thing, you'd still have to have a hell of a lot of money all those cars.
Speaker 2: But what he does for a living.
Speaker 6: Tell him there's no way he earned that. He stole this right, That's what AOC says.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 4: Here's your host for final thoughts, Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: I love that so much. Well done, whoever did that.
Speaker 6: Let's get a final thought from the whole truncated crew to wrap up the show for the day. There he is pressing the buttons in the control room, Michael Angelo.
Speaker 2: Michael, what's your final thought?
Speaker 6: You know, when I'm craving a good pizza, I'm the perfect victim for dynamic pricing.
Speaker 4: I might be willing to miss the car payment, you know, yeah, figuring out if I can figure out how hungry you are at the moment that you ordered the pizza or drunk?
Speaker 2: Oh if they can price it like after you've already smelled it.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 2: Imagine if you're drunk. Oh, this guy's drunk.
Speaker 4: You'll pay anything for this.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's insidious. Jack.
Speaker 4: A final thought for us, You got a super super super fancy car like my neighbor with the Ferrari. Well, I don't know how you park it anywhere without worrying about it all the time. I'd be just just horrified by the idea of getting adorning or something.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I don't know, somebody getting my car and spilling a pop or something. My final thought is, must be nice to be don Junior. You get rid of your old squeeze and hey, you have with your father the president. Send her to Europe and get her out of the country. Kim Guilfoyle posting that she was at the ribbon cutting for a new McDonald's in Greece the other day. She's the new ambassador to the the grease.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: Just get her on the other side of the planet so I don't have to deal with her, right Armstrong, You getting wrapping up another grueling four hour workday.
Speaker 2: We'll see it tomorrow.
Speaker 4: God bless America. All right, I just got one final question, I got Lord or not say you said yes.
Speaker 2: Yeah you did, you absolutely did.
Speaker 4: And LGDP l g LBCHI it's a little too much.
Speaker 2: Docky doc blah blah blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 4: No, thank you.
Speaker 2: In Idaho Andrew crap bouchet crap Buschettes. Can I say his name on the air? Pretty name? Are you that high note? Thank you all very much